100 lb. Club - Weekly "I Exercised Today!" 10/24 - 10/30

lessofsarahtolove
10-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Hello, sports fans! Well, I'm (with gratitude) robbing this wonderful thread idea from elsewhere on the site. It seemed to me that it would be a good idea to have a weekly thread here within our group devoted to exercise check-in; my thought is that it will help us to keep ourselves accountable for getting in some daily exercise, help us to motivate one another, and just plain be interesting since we like each other and are interested in how it's going for one another!

So, if you want to participate, just log in and give a quick post with an update on what you accomplished in the way of daily exercise! Doesn't have to be a big, long-winded explanation -- just the quick and the dirty, unless you have more to say!

lessofsarahtolove
10-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I did the 2-mile WATP with weights, and later on did 40 minutes lower body weights.

teapotdynamo
10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Walked around the city for hours, then did 35 minutes on the elliptical. Ran out of time as the gym was closing, but I gotta admit I was tired, anyway!!! :tired:

I gotta get a pedometer -- it would be fun to see how much walking I do just going about my daily business in the city!

You go, Sarahgirl!

dharmaspell
10-24-2004, 08:46 PM
10.24 Walked 3 miles around my neighborhood.
10.26 3 miles walking
10.27 3 miles walking
10.28 3 miles walking
10.31 3 miles walking

Sheila53
10-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Light walking, light stretching. Sunday is my day of (sort of) resting. :)

SuchAPrettyFace
10-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Walked my boy 1 mile.

nelie
10-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Did a yoga tape today, 50 minutes long. I really needed it because my legs were super sore from my weight work out yesterday.

baygurl
10-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Well it's Monday morning and Im getting ready to go to contours express.Do this 5-6 times a week.

Sheila53
10-25-2004, 01:25 PM
1 hour water aerobics (exhausting HIIT)
20 min. stretching
15 min. walking

heather_dw
10-25-2004, 03:19 PM
I did my mile with Leslie today. When I was getting tired, I pushed myself an extra minute. Ive got to step it up after all :-)

Charbar
10-25-2004, 03:28 PM
I gathered 4 loads of pine needles from the back yard to the front yard (to burn later) -there is only about another 126 more loads to go! and they are still falling :yikes:

now I'm resting!! then napping :D

Dana

djs06
10-25-2004, 08:47 PM
today i did 43 minutes on the elliptical. I *still* can't figure out how to work in the weights because I feel too guilty doing less cardio and don't usually have time for both. Gah!

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Just did 35 mins elliptical--pushed myself up a nothh on level and resistance!
1 circut arms, and then abs! YAY!!

lessofsarahtolove
10-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Yay, everybody!! :cb:

I did the 3-mile WATP tonight after work.

nelie
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Good job everyone!

I did 60 minutes of weight lifting at the gym today (back and biceps) and I'm planning to do yoga before bed but we'll see...

I have actually been trying out a lot of yoga dvds through netflix so I plan to write a review of them one of these days soon.

jkfla
10-26-2004, 09:04 AM
i only got in 1 watp mile for yesterday (99 total since starting).
150 steps on the stepper thing (i think my 1000 a day goal will be 1000 a week for now because man were my legs sore)
some cleaning and laundry.
not great but at least i got some in, which is a lot better than i have been doing the last few weeks.

teapotdynamo
10-26-2004, 09:27 AM
I ended up not going yesterday (shock!). I had this weird strain in my neck that I was afraid to make worse, but I ended up feeling incredibly guilty that I didn't go.

This morning I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster (thank you, Sir, may I have another?) and 20 on the elliptical.

lessofsarahtolove
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Jennifer, :lol: !

Sheila53
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
3 mile WATP tape
20 min. stretching
weight lifting: arms only

Am trying for the 2 mile WATP this afternoon, but we'll see how that works out. [Managed a mile outside walk--better than nothing!]

heather_dw
10-26-2004, 04:25 PM
I did the One mile leslie DVD. Yes,.. you read that right,.. I DID THE WHOLE THING! I have never been able to do that whole thing and the last month or so I have just been doing a mile of the 2 mile dvd. Today I decided to try the one mile just to see how far I could go. Wow was I surprised. I even did the cool down and stretching :-)

As a reward, I ordered Leslie Sansone's "You can Do Yoga" dvd (im worried i actually wont be able to do it, but we will see!~ I also am going to print out the dumbell excercises from stumptuous.com and start giving my one barbell a workout (hubby only bought one,..lol but I guess i can alternate which hand I hold it in for now)

Jen
10-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I did not want to go to the gym today but I dragged myself out the door and went anyway. I did 20 minutes each on the treadmill and elliptical machines. I did pretty good last week, 4 times to the gym and so far twice this week.

djs06
10-26-2004, 04:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER!! Good for you!

Today was my busy day so I was THRILLED that i got to the gym instead of conking out for a nap. I got in 25 minutes on the cross trainer, 20 on the elliptical, and 15 lower body weight lifting.

MoveMoveMove
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
I was doing so good until last week..............and splat NOTHING. I didn't go to the gym on Monday 'cause I wanted to watch CSI Miami. I didn't get to see it anyway because I went to the ER to try (unsuccessfully) to get someone to look at my eye (retinal problems from my diabetes). I went to the opthamologist (sp) Tuesday and she said my retina was ok but gave me drops for my eyes and said I can't do any weight exercises over ten pounds for two weeks. After this, I kept finding excuses not to go for the rest of the week.

I finally got back on track last night (after watching CSI :) ). I got to the gym about 10:30 and did treadmill, weights, bike, weights, elliptical, and treadmill. Doing the weight machines is so boring with only ten pounds but I want to do them for the practice of the motions if nothing else. My trainer wants me to do 5 minutes on the elliptical when I can. Last night I could only do 2.5.

In total, I got in more than 20 minutes within my target heart rate range.

I had an appt with my regular doctor yesterday and got good news - with the new meds my cholesterol dropped 129 points and is now in a good range. My diabetes HA1c is now 6.3 (under 7 is good) and my triglycerides (sp) have improved too.

Hopefully I can stay on track this time......

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-26-2004, 09:09 PM
ALL RIGHT YOU ALL!!! WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!!

Heather, I'm so proud of you!! You're really doing a great job!!

Well, I just got home from the gym. I did 40 mins elliptical, and arm weights. Came home for abs. I feel fantastic...the machine said I burned 533 cals, and 3.5 miles!!! I also had a very good day food and water wise. I really am trying to kick it up a notch this week, so I'll see a loss on Monday. Halloween night, my family is having a barn party...so that will be a challenge.... Any hooo...good luck to you all this week!

lessofsarahtolove
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Wow, sounds like everyone's either hitting milestones or meeting their commitments to themselves -- GO US!! (Sorry, not playing favorites, but special props to Heather and Dana :cheers: Heather, you should feel so proud of yourself! And Dana, well Dana, just because I can....... ;) (YOU know what I'm talkin' about, girlfriend......)

I'm buying a step bench this weekend -- cool for those cardio/weights interval workouts -- and my research tells me step workouts have the same benefit as running, but minus the impact. Yee ha! And the bench can be used in lieu of a weight bench (can angle or lie flat) in addition to being used for step workouts. I really never would have thought that exercise vid's would just *click* with me as they have -- I really wouldn't have predicted it! But I currently do WATP 1-3 miles, the 4-mile challenge, 2 ramping workouts, and Pilates for Weight Loss..........and I want MORE!! I love the convenience, the finite timeline, the structure, and the guidance. I still do my HIIT biking and free weights and CrossBow on my own, but truth be told, the fact that they just tell me what to do kind of makes it appealing at the end of a long workday. (I'm up at 6:00 every morning, and walk in my door about 12 hours later.) I'll keep you posted, but I'm looking at some of the Cathe Friedrich workouts, among others. If I weren't using them almost daily, then I'd worry about getting more, but they're not going to waste, so I'd like to broaden my repertoire!

Tonight I did the 2-mile WATP workout, after walking 2 1/2 miles in my office! (I really make a point of getting in extra steps and taking long and/or extra trips when I can. I love my pedometer!)

jkfla
10-26-2004, 10:32 PM
only 450 steps on the stepper today. and some heavy duty cleaning.

heather_dw
10-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Last night i decided to try to get in a second session of leslie for the day,.. i got past a half mile when hubby came home and interrupted. i got to 14:30 mins so Im just counting it as a half mile. That was the first time since I started in august that I did more than one session in a day!!! Then today I did the entire 1 mile again, even though it was much harder than I remember it being yesterday:-)
Im on my way!!!!!!
:dance:

teapotdynamo
10-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Congrats to everyone... you're all doing so great.

Today was a challenge for me. Don't know what's up with me this week. I did a great 40-minute upper body workout, but I just couldn't get through the cardio... my legs were so stiff and sore that I felt as if I were lifting cement blocks. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm trying not to beat myself up, but I usually can push through the temporary pain to the good part. Just not happening today :(.

Sorry to be a downer.

Sheila53
10-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Good for you, Heather!

1 hour water aerobics
20 min. stretching

Know what you mean, Jennifer. Don't sweat it--you'll do better tomorrow or the next day. I had to coax myself into getting up and going to the pool. I was so glad the easy instructor was there because I'm feeling awful. I really wanted to do a WATP tape this afternoon, but I think laying on the couch is in my future.

jkfla
10-27-2004, 09:38 PM
only 100 steps today but i increased the tension and did some modified pull ups on the closet bar using the stepper set to 12. LOL i bet it looked pretty funny.

lessofsarahtolove
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
I walked another 2 miles in the office during the day, and then after work I rode 6 miles in 20 minutes of HIIT biking, then went straight into the 3-mile WATP workout with the 3-lb weights, and THEN did upper body weights -- lifting as heavy and to failure. I'm pretty exhausted, but damned if I'm not feeling pretty great about today!

lessofsarahtolove
10-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Jeez, talk about self-absorbed -- I completely forgot to say "Yay!" and "Go, girl!" to Heather, and Jennifer, don't you worry your pretty little face about that temporary muscular pushback. Seriously, sometimes the body simply has a legitimate need to REST when it has been worked very hard and consistently, as yours has. Give yourself a break, sweetie, you'll get your mojo back before you know it. :grouphug:

Br00klyn
10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Just poppin' my head in to say how amazing you're all doing! :cheer: YAY YOU GUYS!

I'm really focused on getting my eating habits under control right now.. but still getting in the occasional exercise.. That's my next plan of attack.. focusing on the regular working out.. So, I'll be in this thread soon with you gals! ;)

Ms. Sarah - You're doing brilliant! Just Brilliant! You amaze me... you truly do!

teapotdynamo
10-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Whoa, Sarah -- you kicked some major a** last night! (And thanks for the encouraging words... I'm a little discouraged overall right now but am sure it will pass, as it always does!) Doesn't it feel great after those UBWOs when everything is all tight? In fact, I looooove being sore the next day -- I can't keep my hands off my muscles!

Celina, can't wait to see you in this thread. It really helps keep me on track to know I'm going to have to account to this group of talented, sexxay ladies.

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Everybody seems to be doing a great job!! YAY for you!!

I did 40 mins elliptical last night, arms and abs as well. :D

lessofsarahtolove
10-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Just popped in to hug the room! :grouphug: I love you guys, man.......

Sheila53
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
45 min. weight lifting
20 min. stretching
2 mile WATP tape

dharmaspell
10-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Everyone is doing so great with their commitments. Truly an inspiration for us (somewhat) newbies. Kudos to everyone.

Also Sheila and Jennifer, I hope you guys feel better :)

CassandraA
10-29-2004, 03:43 AM
I've been lurking for a few days, and finally decided to post :)

Monday: 30min walking
Tuesday: 90min walking, 15min strength training
Wednesday: 105min walking, 15min strength training
Thursday: 90min walking, 10min strength training

lessofsarahtolove
10-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Welcome, Cassandra!! Great job and nice to have you join us! Keep up the great work everybody....

teapotdynamo
10-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Gym this morning... did 60 minutes on the cross-trainer, with the most intense intervals I've ever done. I'm exhausted, and it feels great (850 cals later!!!!!).

Rock on, all!

djs06
10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Today I did 33 minutes on the elliptical, 8 minutes on the stairmaster, and ~20 minutes of lower body weights.

Jennifer, JEEEZ! How do you stay on for that long? that takes skill! :dizzy: good for you!

teapotdynamo
10-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Truth to tell, that's the first time I've *ever* done an hour. Overall, it wasn't so bad (butt-kicking but in a pleasant way), but my feet were almost completely asleep by the end!

lessofsarahtolove
10-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Gawd, Jennifer......you're a beast! :eek: And Dana -- I just LOVE it when you go to the gym!! It just makes everything in my world A-OK..... ;)

I did the 6-mile-in-20 minutes interval biking thing, followed by the 2-mile WATP with 3 lb. Ironhands. (I love those things! If I could type with them on, I'd be tempted to wear them to work!)

Sheila53
10-29-2004, 11:51 PM
2 mile WATP

I had the bright idea about doing the walking routine while watching Oprah this afternoon. If thinking about it burned calories, I'd have burned a lot. :D I plan to try that, though. I know the steps, and it's certainly better for me than lying on the couch watching the TV for an hour in the afternoon.

teapotdynamo
10-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Sweaty Jen just got back from the gym. I did 35 minutes on the cross-trainer and 10 on the StairMaster. I MUST do lower body weights tomorrow!!!

*High-fives all around*

Where's Nelie?

Shelly, I"ve been meaning to tell you that your new pic is gorgeous. You have the prettiest hair!!!!

heather_dw
10-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Ok ladies, im back on track. Im still doing the whole 1 mile dvd each time. The plan is to keep doing that dvd and when it gets easier,.. tackle the 2 mile again. i wish my new leslie yoga dvd would hurry up and get here,.. Overstock.com is being slooow!

Im only.5 away from my 20 mile goal, and I will surpass that tonight!;-)

**edited to say that I did another Leslie 1 mile session for the first time ever! Ive never done 2 whole sessions in one day before, so this is a big deal for me. I surpassed my october goal. if i do a mile tommorow, then I will be 1 and a half miles over goal.**

Sheila53
10-30-2004, 07:44 PM
1 hour water aerobics
20 min. stretching

and garden cleanup!

teapotdynamo
10-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Pathetic workout day today (I seem to alternate these days between hardcore and pathetic).

Lower body weights - 25 minutes
Cardio - 20 minutes (soooo tired & stiff!)

Lots of apartemnt cleaning to do today before visitors, so that has to count for something, right?

nelie
10-31-2004, 11:06 AM
I have been in such a funk lately from a mix of school and just being busy to not feeling well and having a lingering cold. I need to get my butt into gear. Anyway, I exercised yesterday, did an hour of weights at the gym. I wish this cold would leave me but oh well.

seashell
10-31-2004, 11:14 AM
3 miles of walking in am
3 miles in pm