Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Finally Friday

I don't know why but I have been up since 5:18 this morning yep I'm carefully swilling coffee. . .I discovered I was making it too strong and thats why i aws having tummy/anxiety issues.
I HAVE ACTUAL FOOD IN MY HOUSE!
My fridge no longer looks like bangladesh and I have meals planned out
(damn I'm good)
Mind you I already screwed up slightly today
(damn I'm not as good as I think I am)
When I was making DH's lunch which was leftover yumtastic london broil sandwich with Basil mayo
I snagged 2 pieces of London Broil without even realizing
Luckily I can fit it into my day now
and I Realize I have to work not to snack while making food

Did anyone see ER last night I CRIED
I Also flipped between that and the Sex Survey on Primetime
Tonight we're supposed to see friends of DH's
I'm hoping its just for drinks but if we end up doing dinner at this restaurant they usually go too I know what I'll order already
a salad with avocado (its a mexican place) or be really good and order gaspacho
I just need to not touch the chips!

I just grabbed bottle #1 of water for the day and my vities (b-complex with C and iron) So i have to get to writing!
Come out and play ladies!!! Keep me sane (This strait jackets a bit tight this AM)
Love,
Kierie
Old 10-22-2004, 09:39 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hey all,

My eating wasn't perfect yesterday.... not terrible (for me at least). I had a few ourdueves and half a small pizza last night... not the greatest and I could have been better I am sure.

Anyhoo, I work tonight and run and work tomorrow and run and work on Sunday... Note the pattern

BTW: I am sooo ultra busy right now, I am always working, running, working, trying to have somehwta of a social life that cleaning has gone by the wayside a bit, so my kitchen and stuff is a disaster area right now (my saving grace is a dishwasher). Anyhoo, have any of you ever made something like a task list to share between you and your spouse? I am thinking of writing 10 tasks to do each week and then asking my partner to take half. How do you split up the chores where you are?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey gals! TGIF!! I have the WHOLE weekend off! I'm pretty excited, I just have to get thru today... which feels doable.I have made an executive decision that I'm NOT sick anymore, now if my body will just comply, I shall be set to go!

Ali - your life sounds SO busy, how do you do it? As for a task list, that issue hasn't really come up in my relationship.. mostly because my bf works 60-70 hours a week and I don't usually hit more than 30 (these 40 hour weeks are unheard of!), so I usually pick up the housework end of things. He does laundry, which helps.. now if I could just get him to fold it

Have a great day girls, and a great weekend !

-Aimee
Old 10-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Aimee Sounds great let us know how the executvie deciosn turns out.
Ali we don't have a list yet he basically does what I ask him to do we just have to work out both of us being more proactive to clean!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Ali, we are both v. busy and yes, we have task lists. But this is what we do. On Thursday nights we clean. I mean CLEAN. We do the floors, vacuum, clean the kitchen, do a few loads of laundry, bathrooms. We split it up. He does the yard in the summer and poop scoops.

Then on the weekend we finish up the laundry, grocery shop, and enjoy.

Then it just becomes daily maintenance. loading and unloading the diswasher, which only takes like 10 min. It makes a lot of sense to keep it up like that, so you don't get overwhelmed all of a sudden.

I totally recommend this. We have a 1800sq ft house with three bathrooms, and we both work about 50-60 hours per week (he usually works more like 70 though), plus his MBA work and my class, and we were planning the wedding, and this worked for us.

It's not so much a "task list" as an "action plan".

Well that's it for me. I have to run. BBL
Old 10-22-2004, 11:18 AM   #6  
CM from Tecumseh

Hi there...........I am new to this - actually never belonged to a forum before....thought it would be encouraging - My name is Cheryl - 158 lbs 5' 3" and am back on WW (on my own) - ..how do you navigate around here...like the journals..I can't even figure out how to get back there! I'm so confused...................!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle! I like that ACTION PLAN! I have to tell DH we need one
HI Cheryl Welcome to get back to journals, go to the toolbar where it says 3fc menu and you'll be able to click a journal link
also if you don't want a public journal you can write in your calendar
Old 10-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Belle: Well I guess we'd have to see how ou scehdules are week to week since I don't have any consistent free evenings (well Sunday nights, but my BF wouldn't agree with me on that one... he's watching the NFL). We also have three bathrooms, stuff yet to be unpacked etc... Just kind of overwhelming sometimes. Hmmm so an "action Plan" seems good, I might try that instead... The dishwasher is fine, I am great at doing that, the rest, well kind of isn't right now... I have mount laundry I need to start tonight.

Aimee: I am working 50+ hours a week at least depending, but I manage... I am hardly watching TV which helps I guess... Hopefully I'll get a Sunday off soon. I am working the next two.

Kierie: I hear ya on being more proactive to clean.

Cheryl: Welcome!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #9  

Hello all. I'm Torrey and I usually post on the CORE board, but I have been reading your posts as well. Is anyone doing CORE also? I have been doing this particular WW plan for about 6 weeks after a WW hiatus of about 7 years.

Just wanted to stop lurking and introduce myself.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Torrey
Welcome I do think some of the girls have tried or are trying CORE. Anyway These women are an AMAZING resource ( I think i'll keep them) So we hope you stay and give us a try!

On Another note this has been such an amazing year I just found out a friend of mine and her long term BF went to Vegas and got married! How Romantic is that!!
Everyone I know Has had life altering stuff happen this year Marriage Birth Pregnancy Big moves Grad/medical school
Some times it feels like life goes really slow and then Sprints ahead.
Its Crazy!.
Closed Thread