100 lb. Club - Non Scale Victorys - October

View Full Version : Non Scale Victorys - October

howie6267
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Have not seen one of these this month so forgive me if I duplicated it.

I bought a pair of jeans 2 months ago when I started wearing my size 50 pants again. Well these jeans were like size 46-48 when I tried them on at home. Yep I never tried them at the store, I'm bad about that. I could not even get them buttoned. I can now get them on and buttoned. They are still snug but I am wearing them today just to make me feel better.

lil_cara_mia
10-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Tuesday I wore a coat that I bought last spring on clearance. It didn't fit me when I bought it even though I weighed less at the time. Fits good now :)

Sheila53
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47578

Here they are, Howie. We all post so much that this thread got shoved to the third page. :)

Congrats on fitting into new clothes, you two! WTG!

teapotdynamo
10-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Congrats, you guys, on the NSVs. Very exciting!!!! I love reading these.

I have one to report as well. Up to yesterday, I'd gotten only a few sporadic comments about my weight loss. I'd gotten a couple "you look really good" comments, but nothing specific. In fact, I was starting to wonder if nobody really could tell at all, even though my husband reminds me all the time of how much progress I've made :).

Well, I was on a business trip yesterday and had dinner with two workmates (bosses, actually) whom I hadn't seen since I started losing weight. Maybe it was the new suit (which sorta hugged the curves instead of hanging on me like my other ones!), but they exclaimed the minute they saw me, "OH MY GOD. You're so SKINNY!!!!" They wouldn't stop talking about how great I looked!

I gotta tell you, it was embarrassing but gratifying. I think I may have turned the corner where you can *really* tell. Funny, but I found that it motivates me even more to lose the rest of it!

howie6267
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Good for you Heather. It is always nice to fit into clothes you could not wear before.

I knew I should have looked further back for this thread.

Jennifer that is such a great feeling to have someone see the change. It motivates me also. I am looking forward to the holidays to see family that I have not seen all year.

teapotdynamo
10-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Ooh, Howie, so am I! It's a real motivation to try to lose even more before going home for Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law *always* says, "You've lost weight" upon seeing me, even though I never have actually lost (I think she equates it with "something nice to say"!) This year I can't wait until she says it and really means it. :lol:

Any Canadians have family members notice at your Thanksgiving?

jkfla
10-21-2004, 11:35 PM
i went bra shopping on saturday, at wal mart! i bought a 42DD and it fit!!! the last time i went bra shopping i had to go to lane bryant and get 42DDD. my 42DDD's are loose now. i still haven't worked up the courage to try on any of my older thinner clothing yet though. i think the best thing though is that even though i've only lost 17.6 pounds i am already feeling better about myself.

howie6267
10-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I've had people tell me that and I've gained weight. I guess there just being nice but I would rather them say nothing unless there is a real reason to.

Shelly that is great. It's amazing how 17 lbs gone can make you feel so much better. I am in such a good frame of mind latley I just don't know why I let myself get the way I have. I feel so much better eating right.

lil_cara_mia
10-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Congrats to you too Howie, Jennifer, & Shelly :D

As for the "you've lost weight" comment :lol: My mother always says it when I've gained.. when I've lost she says nothing. Go figure. Hopefully by Christmas I'll have dropped enough for it to be noticed.

Sheila53
10-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Okay, my recent ones are that I've had to buy a pair of pajamas because I'm so cold at night. Never used to happen when I was insulated with about 80 extra pounds of fat.

Also, my blood pressure is so low now that my doctor told me to increase my salt intake. Hah! I already salt the heck out of everything. My BP used to be 120/78, which is okay, but now it's 100/68. The reason for the salt is that when I stand up, I see stars, and I guess sodium will help. A minor annoyance, but it makes me feel like I'm going to black out.

jkfla
10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
sheila i have those problems when i stand up too. everything goes dark and i get really woozy. i crave salt ALL the time!

congrats everyone, these are GREAT nsv's. i can't wait to see more!

nelie
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
I had to change my avatar to a less non cropped picture to explain this NSV. I talked to my mom last night and sent the picture that is my current avatar. Let me just say, Jewish moms are notorious for being very critical but Mexican moms are the same way so my mom is quite critical of me, my weight and everything else. The only quasi negative thing she said to me was "are you wearing a nightgown!?" which it is not, it is a silk tank top but other than that she said I looked very nice. I was almost floored by a compliment from my mom ;) I really can't wait to go home and visit my family and see what they all say, it'll be nice especially since I plan to have lost 75 lbs since the last time I saw them.

Annie-Rose
10-22-2004, 03:21 PM
You look gorgeous Nelie- a real stunner!
I've had to buy new trousers as my old ones were too big, people have started to notice too. I feel good!!!!!!!!

lil_cara_mia
10-22-2004, 03:42 PM
I agree, you look great Nelie! And congrats on the new pants Annie :)

jkfla
10-26-2004, 08:57 AM
i took my measurements last night because yesterday when i was getting dressed i put on my bra and there was something very wrong. i closed it on the very last closure and i had plenty of room left over.

IF i measured correctly its like this (10/4 to 10/25)

- 1.5 inches from under my boobs
- 1.5 inches from hips
- 4.0 inches from my waist (!?!?!)
- 2.5 inches from across my boobs
- 1.25 inches from my left calf
- 1.5 inches from my right calf

teapotdynamo
10-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Wow, Shelly -- that is just GREAT! Aren't you glad you measured? I finally got around to it recently and can't wait to do it again. I sneaked a quick measurement of my waist the other day and lost a lot there, too... I think some people may just naturally lose there first -- it's certainly the first place I see gains!

Congrats, girly! I'm so pleased for you.

SwimGirl
10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Shelly - thats AWESOME!! :) 4 inches from your waist is amazing! The difference between each size is one inch, so thats close to 4 sizes!! Whatever you are doing, keep going! What are you doing?

jkfla
10-26-2004, 09:51 AM
thanks ladies!

hey swim. i actually tried on a pair of smaller jean capris last night. they fit around the waist but were a little snug on my bulge part (the baby fat part LOL) but everywhere else they fit. what gets me though is that they are a size 22W and my 22W jeans are getting WAY loose. i guess its just a different cut or something. i've actually been being bad lately. i've been eating ok but not great, i haven't been exercising much but the biggest thing, i think, is that i haven't been stressing about losing weight. but i did notice that from doing the exercise i've been doing since i restarted on september 15 that i feel thinner through my waist when i put my hands there. maybe its just my imagination though. LOL

jennifer i was super shocked when i looked at the tape measure. i was talking to my friend on the phone while i was measuring and he was excited too. LOL

SwimGirl
10-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Shelly - all clothes have a different cut, I'm always amazed how sometimes I'm wearing a size 16 and other times it's a 22, and once I even had to go to a 24, but most of the time I'm an 18 (unless we are talking Old NAvy sizes, which btw are VERY off! How I can fit into a GAP 16 and the 20's in the non-plus size section at Old Navy are a little too tight is BEYOND me! Same company too.. weird!). I think I should start worrying less about losing weight, I mean, worrying isn't working for me too great now, so whats the harm in trying otherwise? I'm REALLY trying to focus my energy on getting healthy by cutting out bread (I'm allergic) and most sugar. I'm hoping that'll keep me on track! Keep up the good work :)

howie6267
10-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Good for you Shelly that's great news. It's always nice to see the progress.

Yes clothes size can be so missleading. I have 5 pairs of jeans all the same size and they all fit different. The one pair I mentioned above I think have to be around 2 sizes smaller.

But hey if I can find one pair that says they are a size smaller then that is what I wear. I don't care if it's right or not that is the size I go with. ;)

jkfla
10-28-2004, 08:50 PM
thanks everyone! i had another NSV today. i've had this pair of old navy size 20 (without the W after the 20!) that i got last year because i knew they'd fit soon... but then i went off plan and gained all my weight back so i never got to wear them. i tried them on today and they fit! they were a little snug but i got them buttoned and zipped without any problems!

SwimGirl
10-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Shelly - thats impressive, because my Old Navy 20's fit like GAP 16's... which I just noticed I said in my other msg thingy.. heh. Congrats :)

jkfla
10-28-2004, 11:57 PM
hmmm..... maybe i should go shopping at the gap? LOL

SwimGirl
10-29-2004, 02:26 AM
I have bad news... sorta... if your jeans have spandex in them.. they DO stretch out over time and don't shrink back in... especially if you are drying them :( I'm sorry. But it definitely sounds like you are losing weight.. it's about 20 pounds for every dress size, depending on your weight.. but you are near to me, so it's likely we are close to the same. As for shopping at the GAP? YES DO IT! I should work there really.. because I love their clothes, they have the perfect cut for my body, and their pants are always long enough, and their clothes don't stretch out of shape. I work for Pennington's and I gotta tell you, some of their clothes SUCK ! My pants all stretch out or fall apart instantly.. if I wasn't getting such a good discount, I'd never shop there (plus the fact I can't fit into most stores clothes... ). I'm babbling, it's late. I'll be back in the morning..

-Aimee

Safora
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
I have been wearing 26-28 forever (often tight) and most of my clothes still are...but I got into a couple of 24's recently and was able to by t shirts in 2x instead of 3x. :)

lil_cara_mia
10-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Congrats Shelly and Victoria on your successes! :)

jkfla
10-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Congrats Victoria! a 2X shirt is AWESOME!!!! (something i still haven't been able to do yet LOL)

Aimee--- i line dry my stuff. so it shouldn't stretch it out as bad right?

howie6267
10-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Good for you Victoria. It's great when you can start to notice a difference. That's always a real boost for me.

howie6267
10-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Ok I have one more before October is over. Kimberley and I went to Wendys and got two grilled chicken sandwiches. I opened the bag and looked at Kimberley and said uh oh. There was a large order of french fries in there. What happend next was priceless. Kimberleys window was opened so I took the fries and tossed them out the window( not the box though). The look on Kimberleys face was just great. I think she was pissed at first but then we started laughing.

SwimGirl
10-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Shelly - definitely line dry them.. very good idea :) The heat from the dryer essentially ruins the spandex.. I always hang my pants to dry and then throw them in the dryer for about 5 minutes to get the wrinkles out (I don't iron).

jkfla
10-31-2004, 11:12 AM
i dont iron either... but i shouldn't have spoke so soon because i finally got a new dryer yesterday. LOL but i still have my lines up for stuff that can't be dried.

WTG HOWIE!!!!!! i don't think i could have thrown out the french fries. that is awesome!

howie6267
10-31-2004, 11:20 AM
I was going to eat them but then I figured why should I. Just because someone gave them to me. I already made a good choice to stay on plan so why mess that up.

Annie-Rose
10-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Good going Shelley - you shrinking lady! Howie you did well! My Granny always says "A moment on the lips = a lifetime on the hips" which isn't true but you get the picture!!!

Jillegal
10-31-2004, 12:21 PM
I give you full credit, Howie - I'd only be able to toss those fries if the smell didn't get to me first. I think fries actually smell better than they taste. As it is, I don't even go near Wendy's (even for grilled chicken), because I can't resist that darn "Frosty" :(

I wish I could have seen the look on your better half's face when those fries went flyin' :lol:

teapotdynamo
10-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Funny, I love the taste of the Frosty, but I usually avoid them because they give me the dreaded "Brain Freeze" more than any other single foodstuff on the planet. OWWWWW!