South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Smile New to the Forum

Hi, everyone. I'm officially starting SB tomorrow morning, and wondered if anyone has any good advice/tips on starting out.

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing progresses and ideas along the way.

Christina

CW: 280'ish
GW: 170
Old 10-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #2  

Welcome! It is really important to have the book. There is lots of info here too. Planning is critical. Plan your meals AND snacks. Then shop according to your plans and try to follow them. Have some easy stuff to fall back on if something happens (like a can of tuna or ham rollups). I also look at how much time I will have to cook each night when I decide which meals will be on which days (last night I only had 20 minutes to cook).
Old 10-21-2004, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

My hints:

Drink lots of water

Eating until you are satisfied does not mean eat until you are full. It means eat until you are no longer hungry. Big difference to those of us emotional eaters.

I think around day 2 or 3 some-not all- people feel pretty bad, low energy, low grade headache, maybe like a cold is coming on. Just go to bed early those couple days until it passes, it will pass and then you'll have lots of energy and feel pretty good to great. It's just your body getting used to the new way of eating.

If you are a big caffeine addict, it might not be a good idea to stop cold turkey. Slowly cut down to one-2 cups a day. Don't want to have those nasty withdrawel symptoms. {I knew someone who drank a ton of coffee a day, she brought her big 32 oz thermos with her in the morning and then refilled it at lunch. <gag> She went down to 1 little dinky cup in the morning, she was not a pleasant person to be around. We were secretly planning on slipping her some "Water Joe" (caffeinated bottled water) if things didn't improve. She eventually went back to her daily fix. Yeah.}

Good luck, and have fun on the Beach!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Christina! You will find lots of tips in the FAQ...be sure to check it out!

Also, check out the recipe forum...there are great Phase 1 recipes that make it so much easier to get through...like the Peanut Butter Cup, Almond Dijon Chicken, Taco Bake, etc.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Christina!
Old 10-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #6  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Welcome and good luck! Just visit often, it'll keep you motivated!!

lauren
Old 10-22-2004, 07:28 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Hello! Welcome to the beach! Look forward to seein you around.
Closed Thread