Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #87

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #87

gma22
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
10-21-2004, 07:25 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make time for you today, won't you?

later girls

Faye

Mirabelly
10-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Morning beautifuls.
Just a quick stop in...4 points for me yesterday! Maybe there'll be good news tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Julie

gma22
10-21-2004, 03:08 PM
POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Faye :cp: (short on water yesterday I think)
SandyG :bravo:

Today was errand and shopping day so I am doing a no no and eating while I am typing. I had so much to do today I started at 7 am!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Talk to you all later

Faye ;)

gigglez
10-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Evening everyone.

4 pts again today. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

gma22
10-22-2004, 06:27 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's see some losses girls!

later sweeties

Faye :)

gigglez
10-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Believe it or not the scales read that I am down 5lb this morning. I am going to recheck it this evening just to be on the safe side.

Mirabelly
10-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Morning Ladies,

WOO HOOO SANDY!! :cp: :cp: :cheer: :dancer:
5 pounds is awesome....keep it up.

Scale says I"m up this week, but a few days ago it said I was down. I'm pmsing, so I think it's a fluke of water retention or something. Anyway, I"m ignoring it.

1 point yesterday for water.

TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
10-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Getting ready to head out the door and I thought that I would see what is going on here today. Julie, I think that I wouldn't worry either pms is not a good friend. I think that even though I have had a hyst there are some days that I can feel pms wanting to start up. Got a letter in the mail yesterday that was telling me that I am suppose to go to court next month. I read the letter and had a really good laugh. This is for the child support that I am owed. Would love to have all that is owed to me. OOPPPS gotta run got a call comming in talk to everyone later.

sandy

gma22
10-22-2004, 12:31 PM
POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

Julie :flow2:
Faye :flow2: :goodscale :goodscale
SandyG :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

Great JOB sandy, keep up the good work! :cheer: :dance: :hat: :cp: :cb:

NEED SOME FOOD HELP: I had lamb at a Greek restaurant years ago and it tasted like spoiled meat to me. In April, had lamb at a buffet in Vegas and it tasted good like beef. Now, which is it? Anyone our there eat lamb and is it mild or strong? My dd wants to have lamb for Christmas dinner but I don't want something gross tasting. Any help will be appreciated. I am thinking of buying some chops to try, any ideas on how to fix them? I saw a recipe for a lemon and time marinade and then you grill them. Do you leave them pink or grill well done?????? TX

I am pooped and my ears are still ringing a little and the palms of my hands are still bright pink and a little numb. First off, DH wanted DONUTS for brkfast this am and only likes them from one place so we got up at 4:30 am and drove to Howard's. (BTW, I didn't get ANY for myself) then t 7 did about 20 minutes of weights, around 7:30 am I got out on the deck and started cleaning it up (we have a big tree in our little strip of dirt around the deck and 2 trees next door so ...) I cleaned the cloth patio chairs with Tilex (does great to kill the mold from rain etc), wiped them all down, cleaned the glass top table and cleaned the outside of the grill, THEN at 9 am (this is where the hands and ears come in) I took the blower and blew all the leaves to the street and blew out the garage too, THEN went back and reswept everything. I put up my outside broom in the garage, closed the door and walked back on the patio, the tree decided to be "funny" and dropped a bunch of leaves back on the patio! :mad: I said to heck with it and came inside, muttering to the stupid tree! :^: :dizzy: So now, I have the rest of the day to screw around.

Ok, I have to tell someone this story and if you are a lady with "european" leanings, I am sorry about this, but ICK! I went and got my nails done yesterday and was sitting under the dryer. The pedicure chairs are right next to the dryers and I was watching the nail tech doing this ladie's legs. This place does a great pedicure with massage. Anyway, I digress. I looked at this lady, who happened to be black so you would have thought it wouldn't be obvious, but OH BROTHER! She had more hair on her legs than a gorilla! I kept thinking about the nail tech having to massage Magilla and oooohhhhhh! I mean, it is one thing to either get lazy and not shave, not shave during winter, or be "european" in your thinking, but man, don't make someone massage your legs then...... :lol:

Everyone have a spectacular weekend!

faye :)

Amanda Panda
10-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi ladies,

I am in such a state lately - I've been feeling so down and I'm having real trouble motivating myself to do anything positive to help myself. :(

I guess coming here is the first step.

I need to get myself back to the swimming pool, but I'm so lethargic that I'm struggling to even leave the house. I know in my head all the things I need to be doing, but this depression is really dragging me down and I'm a bit of a pathetic blob at the moment.

I'm going to TRY to get myself out of the house for a little swim tomorrow - I know it will make me feel better and it's a first step in the right direction.

Sorry to be so down - I could really do with your support and advice to get me back on track.

SANDY G - Well done on the 5lbs down!

Love Amanda x

mscat816
10-22-2004, 10:49 PM
I had a hard but very productive day today at work and I am exhausted. Got on the scale and I was down but not by any new pounds. This is my 3rd day on the :tread: this week so I am proud of that.

Have been really struggling with water again. I forgot my high blood pressure pill one day this week and as always when I start up again, I have uncontrollable bladder for a day or two until my body gets used to the diuretic. It was awfull - peed my pants upon arriving to work, and had to walk around the rest of the day with no underwear and stockings! :yikes: I am going to have to see my obgyn again - He gave me an rx for ditropan and up the dosage but nothing seems to work. I bought ben-wah balls but haven't used them consistently enough to make a difference. I am so loose down below that one day I was walking around with my balls and didn't realize I had lost one in the living room until I went to bathroom to remove them and realized one was not there! :lol:

Anyway - we are still working with the sunroom - have decided to take out an ajoining wall to the family room and put in double pocket doors so we can open that room to the sunroom as well. We are almost at a compromise about the floor. Dh has convinced me to go with a light wood floor. Now we just have to decide on color.

The frame work for our bedroom addition is up and they removed the wall. It is tarped between the existing and new which means it is not insulated so we are moving into the family room tonight to sleep. It is crazy having your house torn up! It will be worth it when everything is said and done.

SandyB - I am an 8 year Mary Kay veteran - please pm me if you want -to ask me anything - I can give you an objective view - different than what you may get from your perspective director or the friend who may be bringing you in!

Amanda - whatever has you down, pray on it, and give thanks that you have so many blessings in life to be exhuberant about. Think of the Christopher Reeve - he had every reason to be depressed on a daily basis but boy did he continue to live up until the end. What do you think he would have given to be able to get into a pool, breathe on his own, feel the warmth of his wife's and children's hugs, go to the bathroom by himself, walk out to porch and watch the sun rise or set? Remember also that you are an awesome, unique creation of God. He gave you the gift of your life and He wants you to live it extraordinarily everyday.

Faye - You had me laughing out loud!

Have a great evening everyone :wave: mscat

gma22
10-23-2004, 06:43 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share your joy with us!

Amanda: Beauty is NOT a size 6. Beauty is what is within you and you are a magnificently beautiful woman at 259 lbs. Do not let go of that when bad times come. Remember to hold your head up knowing you are beautiful outside and in just as you are BUT that for you health's sake you need to be smaller. Get up every morning look in the mirror, say I AM BEAUTIFUL and am going to make myself more so, then get out to that pool or whatever. Look at your food as a means to an end not the end of your life because you can't eat anything you want all the time. Remeber each day how lucky you are to have your health, Nigel, your friends, the ladies here that ALL love you!

MsCat: I too take bp and a diuretic hydrochloridiazide and pee all the time. Have you thought about Poise pads? They aren't full on depends, but aren't Kotex style either and would help if you have an accident. I know how that is because I have done it!

Everyone have a fabulous weekend!

mscat816
10-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Up early this a.m. trying to get the billions of leaves sucked up out of our yards before it rains again. The fall leaves are so beautiful - what a picture our creator paints for us each season. Our bedroom extension is being roofed as we speak and we are exploring wall and carpet colors. I had a great dinner with my 14 year old dd last night - and we created a new realm of possibility for our relationship.

Faye - I have been wearing pads, but not consistently. I am in denial that I am in control of my bladder :D I guess I am going to have to accept the fact that I have to prepare for the inevitable everyday. Compared to how it could be worse, it is not a real problem. Thanks for reminding me I can take steps to prevent accidents!

Amanda - Cudos to Faye's words of wisdom - you are beautiful whatever size you are!

Have a great weekend everyone. :wave: mscat

gma22
10-24-2004, 08:46 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is:

What will be you first real extravagance after reaching your goal?

I think maybe a Coach handbag! :lol: Orrrrrrr, even better a pair of heels I couldn't have walked around in before!

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great Sunday.

Amanda Panda
10-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi Friends,

Thanks for your kind words Faye and Mscat.

I'm feeling a little better today and am just trying to be gentle with myself. The silly thing is that the thing that is getting me down most at the moment is my weight - and because I am down I have lost all control of my eating and exercise - I really am in a cycle of comfort eating and depression at the moment. I realise that I need to break this cycle - the first thing I did was pray about it, and that in itself has helped me to feel a bit better.

I've not overeaten today and have made good choices, and I've also done quite a bit of housework which has kept me active. I didn't make it to swimming on saturday, but I WILL go either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Silly Poll - As well as rewarding myself with a cool and funky new wardrobe (including some heels! ;) ), my ultimate reward will be my whole Caribbean wedding and honeymoon. I've never been on a hot tropical beach holiday before, so it will be really exciting - and to have a new body,a whole new wardrobe, beautiful wedding dress and lovely new husband will be a truly wonderful experience.

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-25-2004, 09:33 AM
MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is getting tough with ourse4lves. I have scanned posts over weeks and found that we are wobbling a LOT. We need to determine whether losing weight is a priority with us or not. Do we want to continue where we are or do we want to move forward. Let's take a long hard look at ourselves this week and make a firm decision about this!

Gotta get going. Will check back in later

Mirabelly
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!

It's a dreary Monday here, but I'm halfway through with my book! And I'm feeling pretty good. If all goes according to plan, I'll be done with the first draft in 4 weeks and will start sending it out to publishers by my birthday in January. Still adjusting to the 4:30 am thing, though. :coffee: My schedule is all screwed up and I'm eating too many meals.

I did try a new crockpot thing this weekend, though, that ended up so good *everyone* ate it. I thought I was making something special that I could eat all week... HAH! I made 2 batches and both disappeared as soon as they were done.

I bought *steel cut* oats (they look like grain, not flat like oatmeal) and cooked them in the crock pot with sliced apples, cranberries, cinnamon and a tiny bit of maple syrup. YUMMMMM! Mixed all together it tasted like hot apple pie. But it's very low calorie, fat free or very low fat, and you can use splenda instead of syrup to make it even better. Steel cut oats have the most nutrition you can get from an oat grain. Nothing's been processed away. I've never been able to stomach oatmeal because of the texture, too slimy. But these aren't slimy at all, just chewy and satisfying. And they stick to your ribs! So you aren't hungry for hours. I'm gonna get a smaller, separate crock pot so I can make them at the same time I'm using the big one to make dinner. If you want to try this, steel cut oats are also called "Irish oatmeal". THough you'll probably have to go to a healthfood store to find them.

Amanda, hope you're feeling better. You can pull yourself through this, you've done it before. I know what you mean about "knowing" what you have to do but not having the "upmph" to just do it. I'm having the same problem with my exercise. It's either feast or famine with me....need balance!

MsCat...hope your balls behave today! :lol: :lol3: You crack me up!

Faye! Oh my gawd! LOOOKKK........there's a leaf on your deck!! Get it, Faye, get it!! :lol: :rofl: :crazy:

Okay, gotta go now. Hope everyone has a great day!
Julie

gma22
10-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Julie: VERY VERY FUNNY! I am in deep depression because my deck has leaves all over it again. DAMN! I absolutely can't stand to see the mess out there, it drives me nuts. I guess I can go out tomorrow and clean it again, but I just got my ears to quit ringing! :lol:

I cleaned the whole condo today so I am done with that now, yeah! I am going to go downstairs and lift weights and do some toning before lunch today. No walk for me because I am married to a dolt! He told me Saturday that it was the Sunday to turn back clocks so of course I did, then this am he called and said he was late for work because it is next Sunday! DUHHHHHH! That put me behind an hour and it is too hot to go out there now so I figured with cleaning the whole house and doing weights I got exercise in for today.

Hope you all are having a good Monday. Carri we miss not getting to hear from you everyday, but understand your work has to come first along with getting into your new house.

Everyone take care and I will peek in a little later.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
10-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi Girls,

Well I've given myself a good talking to and have made some good steps towards sorting myself out. :^:

I got 3 points yesterday - had my first day back on track with my eating and water. It went fine, although i was a little hungry because I have been used to overeating over the past few weeks.

Today I went on the exercise bike for the first time in ages - it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I think all my swimming has increased my general fitness. The only thing was my bum really hurt from sitting on the seat! :o I told myself i would do 20 minutes just to ease myself back into it gently, but I ended up doing 25, so i'm very pleased. And guess what? That little bit of exercise has already helped to lift my mood and increase my energy levels - i feel alot better.

I've re -comitted to my diet and exercise plan. I worked out that if I want to be 140lb by March 2006 (we don't want to get married much later than this) - then I need to lose 7lb per month over the next 17 months. :yikes: So I need to get serious and stop sabotaging my efforts. 7lb a month is achievable, but I will have to work at it - especially as my medication makes the weight harder to come off. I've written out an exercise plan which involves me doing exercise EVERY DAY. I think because I am at home alot I can be quite inactive, so I need to exercise daily. I am going to do a combination of swimming, exercise bike, walking, hand weights and sit ups. It sounds alot, but obviously I will do different things each day.

I am aware that I need to completely change my whole lifestyle, which includes diet, exercise and attitude towards food. I am also going to ask God every day to help me to make the right food choices.

So that's the plan anyway - I really want start my married life slim and healthy. I'll be 33 when we get married, so we'll be starting a family straight away - no time to waste!

JULIE - That recipe sounds lovely - like real comfort food, but without the fat. I love porridge and it sounds a bit like that. Wow, your book is coming along nicely - keep it up and you'll be able to churn out more than Barbara Cartland! :lol:

FAYE - I agree our group has been struggling lately. Thanks for sticking with us through thick and thin (literally!)

MSCAT - Yes, your little tale about the balls did make me laugh! I hope you manage to get your problem under control, as peeing yourself at work could not have been nice for you.

Sandy B, Sandy G, Carri, Susan, Dot - hope you are all doing well!

Love Amanda x

Satine
10-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Hello, I miss you all...of course I have been totally awful and being off program for two whole weeks!!! ugghhhhh...I think the stress of the house and the new job are just too much right now, I did resolve myself to start fresh today and have the headache to prove it!! my body wants its fat !! :lol: Everything is going good with the house, get this...the inspection is this weds and guess what just started yesterday?? those little asian lady bugs, the brown ones that come in the fall, have all decided to move in to my house...we are sucking them up with the vacuum cause I do not know what else to do with them, do you guys?

I am glad that you are all doing well...I will try and get back in tomorrow to do personal responses!! Keep up the good work!!

gma22
10-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Carri: Everything that I read to try and help said that they are drawn to your house because of aphids, which is what they feed on so you probably have those too. There are electronic gadgets that keep them away but not pest stuff too much. Seems like everyone used your method for getting them, the vacuum cleaner!

Amanda :cp: good job yesterday. Keep up the good work!

Ladies, we are in this fight together and we need to get ourselves back up on our individual horses. I am as bad or worse than anyone having problems so believe me I do understand. We have to make this a priority in our lives and we ARE NOT doing that. We need to work harder if we want to accomplish our goals!

Everyone have a good evening!

gma22
10-26-2004, 07:27 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is getting in our water. Remember, though you can go without food for long periods of time, water is essential to our body so get that h2o in today girls!

later

Mirabelly
10-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Faye, I swear God created fall to give OCD people like you a lesson in LETTING IT GO!!! :lol: Your deck has leaves on it.....COPE! And I was wondering how long it would take you to figure out that daylight savings time was next week :D

I got 4 points yesterday...

Amanda--BIG HUGGS! Good for you, girl, you are picking yourself up much faster than you used to. It's hard for you to see that, but I can tell a big difference. We all stumble, but as Dave Draper said..."failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down."

Carrie--Something ALWAYS goes wrong the day of your housing inspection. For us it was the middle of January and we got a huge ice dam which is when ice collects underneath the roof and leaks all over the house. Fortunately, it didn't do any lasting damage, just made it look like we had huge leaks in the roof! Ugh!

About this week's mission of getting tough with ourselves and making weight loss a priority....I've noticed that last year when we were all making great strides, there was alot more traffic on this thread. I remember I came here at least 2 or 3 times a day and so did everyone else. I'm not saying that people aren't serious because they don't have time to come here, but I am saying that it's easy to get slack and not utilize the great tool we have here. Mutual support is our greatest ally, and maybe we should be using it more...even if we only pop in for a quick note. Every post doesn't have to be a novel.

And speaking of novels, Amanda---Barbara Cartland was a freak of nature!!! That woman wrote a book EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!! All I can think was that she wrote during a time when books were the only readily available form of entertainment (WWII) and she wrote romances which people snapped up. The world was starving for hope and love and happy endings, and she wrote them as fast as possible.

Okay, gotta get the kids to school. Everybody have a great day.

FAYE, I DARE YOU NOT TO SWEEP YOUR DECK FOR 24 hours!

TTFN,
Julie

Sandybrat
10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... I have been mia for a while but am back now...lol Amanda i am right there with u... the scales says i am up... but my bras dont fit anymore so i had to go buy more in a smaller size... whtas that all about?? lol anyway i am not going to sweat it...dosent do any good for me... so.. after i finsh this message i am doing my workout with the workout ball... then i am going to figure out what to do for dinner... i need to do my menu planner again... i was out of town this weekend and forgot to do it... so i will do it today... I hate being away from here for days...lol i can never remember who said what and i cant respond personally...lol oh well. Tonight is my parenting with love and logic class and hubby is going with me tonite...
I went to see a therapist last week as well... it was wonderful... so freeing... made me feel great. I will be going every other week for a while... it also helps to talk about all the deaths i have had to deal with... its a nice way to release it all. To all fo you beautiful and wonderful women whom i am PROUD to call my friends... have a wonderful day... I will check back later lovelies...
take care of u
love u all,
Sandy

gma22
10-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Julie: :p !!!!!!!

Faye

Mirabelly
10-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Faye!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p

Amanda Panda
10-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi Gals,

Well I'm proud to announce my first 4 point day yesterday - it feels really good to be back in control of my eating!

CARRI - Yes, moving is stressful AND you have started a new job, so I don't blame you for going off track. But well done for nipping it in the bud and getting back into your diet - I doubt you've done too much damage. I hear you about the fat cravings - that is exactly what I have just had to break. It really is a case of mind over matter - or fool your body into thinking it is having something really fatty! Last night we had one of my favourite comfort food meals of sausage and mash :) - it was all low fat though and was yummy!

FAYE - I agree with Julie - you will be fighting a losing battle with the leaves! Instead appreciate their beauty - all the lovely autumnal colours, the reds, yellows and burnt oranges. I love autumn (as long as it's not raining!). I agree with you about our laxness of late - you are great because even when you are not doing well, you still come here to cheer us all on! If it wasn't for you, then I think this group may well have disbanded long ago.

JULIE - Thanks for your kind words. It has not been easy to pick myself up and I'm still not 100%, but I am already feeling so much better. :grouphug:

SANDY B - I'm so pleased that you have found a good counsellor. I've had some really beneficial experiences with counselling and I'm going to have some more if I can. I think it will do nothing but good for you!

I didn't manage to go swimming today - I'm having trouble getting myself to leave the house ( I always have trouble with this when I'm feeling low ). But I will try again tomorrow and I'm going to go on my exercise bike tonight instead.

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-26-2004, 05:14 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

julie :bravo:
amanda :bravo:
faye :bravo:

Julie: It rained yesterday so I can't get the leaves up but it is hot and sunny today so who knows about tomorrow! Truthfully, they do drive me nuts, but practically, they make the deck slippery when it gets wet so I try and keep them up as much as possible for that reason as well as it being astetically pleasing to your ole OCD buddy!

Amanda: I DO enjoy the fall colors on the leaves as long as they are, A) on someone elses trees, or B) in someone elses yard! :lol: I appreciate what you said about me, but I need you guys as much as you need me. I know sometimes I probably don't show it, but you keep me in line too cause I know sooner or later I have to come here and confess my bad deeds! :lol:

It is totally miserable here today, hot, sunny and so humid you can hardly breathe. I guess I shouldn't complain at least it isn't snowing here which is a whole other nightmare to deal with!

We have a small amusement park here and every year they have a city employees' day where you get in free and get free food coupons. Jack gets 5 free passes so we are taking our dd, sil and dgs on Saturday. Of course, most of the stuff I won't be able to ride (haven't actually been to an amusement park in probably 20 years) because of not fitting etc, but I will enjoy it anyway just being with my grandson. We took he and his mom out to dinner on Saturday as his Dad is in San Antonio on business and while his mom and granddad talked politics, we played with his crayons pretending they were racecars, spaceships, aliens, etc. Only problem is we accidently colored the whole top of their expensive cherry tables "landing" and "fighting" with our spacecraft and cars etc. Hey, ain't the adults supposed to watch us kids and they were yakking about the presidential race! :lol:

Have a good evening.

Satine
10-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Afternoon all, well I did manage to stay OP yesterday, I think I went over like 2 points but that is nothing compared to what I have been doing so I consider it a win ... on track today so far...it is so hard to stay OP when you are this stressed, I want to eat and eat and eat !!

Julie - You are so right, when I could come here daily I was doing so much better staying on program...so much better...thanks for the words about the inspection, I just want it to be OVER and go on with moving...but oh well it is just one of those things you have to go through I guess...

Faye - Thanks for the info, they seem to be a little better today but with my luck they will be back in droves tomorrow...Ha ha

Amanda - Thanks for the encouraging words...you might be surprised how badly I did gain over the last two stressful weeks...I think maybe like 3-5 pounds but I am not going to weigh myself until one full week of back OP, give myself the benefit of the doubt :lol:

Hope you all have a great weekend, and we can do this together!!!
I will let you all know how the inspection goes!!

gma22
10-27-2004, 07:14 AM
WEDNESDAY: today is Wednesday's Woes. How can we help you?

later girls

Mirabelly
10-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi girls,
Just a quick note to say I'm going for a walk RIGHT NOW! Be back later to fill you all in.
Julie

gma22
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
ICK! It is hot and sticky outside already. I did 2 /1 mile walks this am and a full set of weightlifting and toning so I am pooooooopppped for the moment anyway. I found something I have fallen in love with though and you all can already wear them. My dd last year for Christmas bought me a spaghetti strap tank with a built in bra sort of like a sports bra thing only a tank top. I couldn't wear it as it was too small, but I HATE wearing bras when I walk because they become so uncomfortable with sweat and rubbing and all. I can only go without one in the winter when I wear a jacket and decided to give it the ole college try and it fit and it was wonderful to have enough support my boobs didn't look like they were dragging the ground but yet not binding etc. I HAVE to find some more of these that fit. Maybe just my size has them.

Julie: How far did you go this morning? I did a mile at 6:15 am and then did a mile with the dog, which is like running practically. You wouldn't think a Yorkie that weighs 10 lbs could drag a fat ole woman like me, but he sure does. I get an extra workout because all four directions are hills so I have to walk up a hill someway when I walk.

OH and BTW, the leaves are becoming beautiful here! :lol: Though our spring was really wet, which means lots of color, our trees don't turn until in November so they are just beginning. The ones on my deck are not pretty at all most are brown or yellow.

Well, my cat wants me for something. He is standing in the doorway talking to me so I better go see what is going on.

Mirabelly
10-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Ok, I'm back.

Sorry for the cryptic note, but my lack of discipline was pissing me off!! If I can get up at 4-freakin' thirty in the morning to write, why can't I manage to take a walk on a beautiful sunny fall day??? I've been doing as Faye suggested and reevaluating my lack of progress. I've basically been maintaining for 9 months! I'm tired of it, I want to move forward. I've made some major changes in my life with the way we eat and how much we eat...but the daily exercise has got to become a habit.

So, I don't know exactly how far I walked cuz I went through the woods in back of my house. Follwed a snowmobile trail and walked briskly for about 1/2 hour. Lots of hills. This weekend starts hunting season, so this is my last chance to be in the woods (or even outside for that matter) for a whole month! It's really dangerous to go out in Nov. unless you are right in town. Scary, but some bozo was shooting off a MACHINE GUN a couple nights ago. He shot for about an hour during the day and then started up again AFTER DARK! Makes me so mad...but we have no cops around to complain to and even if we did, there's not much they could do. Maine is a bone-weird state.
They'll tax you till you starve to death, then feed you junk food on welfare...but DON"T you DARE mess with their guns!

Anyway, guess that was a tiny rant. I have dance tonight and dinner's in the crock pot so it should be a 4 point day. TOM this week, though, so not even looking at the scale on Friday!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Julie: You deserve this! :cheer:

WE ALL NEED TO GET SERIOUS AND QUITE FOOLING AROUND WITH OUR PROGRAMS AND OUR HEALTH. IT IS BAD TO BE YOYOING ALL THE TIME AND IT IS NOT GOOD TO LET OUR PROGRESS GO DOWN HILL, NOR TO STAY THE SAME AND NOT MOVE FORWARD. LET'S COMMIT TO THIS LADIES AS A GROUP THAT WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR ALL OF US!

I think it is funny that so many of us has tom at the same time. I am barreling along towards that and hope that it holds off until I get back from Nashville next Friday night. With the menopause thing, I bounce around some now, so you never know when you will start or IF you will start!

You guys should see the specially ordered things I had a lady I post with on the Steel Magnolias do for me. She is a stain glass hobbiest/business and she made a beautiful little pharmacy for my dd that says Alicia's drugs on it and it is a night light and then made this tiny little dojo with Jack's Juko Kai on it for my son who is big into martial arts. She also made me a tiny "treasure" box with a beautiful blue butterfly on it as a gift for ordering from her. I hope my kids like them as I think they are just gorgeous. I love giving "unexpected" gifts that I have really thought about, you know? Better than socks and underwear, that is for sure. Actually, I never did do that to my kids because my husband hated it so very much. He would get them for Christmas or birthday and thought it was an awful thing to get so it was a no no for me to do. The funny thing is my mother, who absolutely adored my husband ,used to buy him socks and undies almost every year for Christmas and the socks were always that old man style of silk type sock. I always ended up giving them to the homeless shelter or something.

My husband is really into this business idea of the candles. He has a spreadsheet going and has already gotten business stuff going for it. He is so funny. I haven't even made the first candle. I have discovered, now that I am committed to this, how much better handpoured candles are. Anyone that loves to light candles, if you buy them from the store look at them and you will see how off centered the wick is, which makes them burn uneven. I am really getting into this research of this stuff so my stuff will be perfect! I want them to burn better, smell better, look better and be less expensive than anyone's. Hand poured soy candles are always going to be more expensive than the Glade candles you buy at the store, but they will last longer, smell better and you can get a nicer variety. Enough of that!

Jules: Hope that book is coming along. Oh and btw, I promise to buy a copy even if it is something like "How to raise perfect sheep in Maine." :lol: ;)

Glad I got my walk in as it is pouring down rain here now. More stickiness, oh joy!

have fun today girls!

Sandybrat
10-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello Beautifuls!! Well... i did it... i joined mary kay... I only got 3 points yesterday as i didint get my water in... which for me is rare... and i feel icky today because of it... so needless to say i have already had more than half of my water for the day...lol. I also started my workout ball routine... i like it.. low impact and constantly keeping your balance is good exercise as well...lol I need to do my workout for today yet tho... its dreary again here and my sinuses are driving me crazy... so hopefully i will feel better and more rejuvenated after my workout. Hubby leaves either monday or Tuesday or this nect week... so this will be our last family weekend for a while... I just pray all works out the way its supposed to... and that i can handle it...lol
I will check back in later ladies... i am going to do my workout... love to u all... take care of u...
Sandy

Amanda Panda
10-27-2004, 07:00 PM
hi all,

Well I didn't manage to get on the exercise bike last night, so I got 3 points yesterday.

Not been up to much today - slept in really late.

Well done on the exercise Julie and Faye! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Sandy - Are you still wanting to divorce your husband? I hope everything works out for you.

Carri - Well done for staying OP!!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Carri (missed your pts yesterday sorry) :bravo:
sandyB :cp:
Amanda :cp:
Faye :dancer:

Hope I see some 4pters tomorrow girls so I know you are getting serious!

Sandybrat
10-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Amanda...I'm not sure what i want with regards to my hubby... my therapist said that this seperation will be good for us both tho... i do love him and always will... i just need to get my priorities straight i guess... thanks for your support tho.. it means a great deal... 4 points today for me... so wooooo hoooooo i will talk to u all tomorrow... love to u all
Sandy

mscat816
10-27-2004, 11:51 PM
What a day - I am little pooped and getting ready to go to bed. Only got 3 points today - great :tread: workout this a.m. (caught up on reading your posts again) and did okay on plan - still having trouble with the water. I think I am going to have to try to do the 21 day thing again - work at some thing for 21 days in a row because it days 21 days to form a habit!

I think I have a yeast infection :yikes: I thought I would have to be bothered with that since my innerds were taken out. I hate going to the obgyn but it is time for my annual pap so I guess this ailment is timely :?:

Sandy - I will keep you in my prayers. Congrats on joining MK - I sent you a lengthly pm that I hope will be valuable to you as you begin your journey.

Faye - you are such a good leader (and seargent!). You are so right - I was back down to 226.5 this a.m. but that is where I have been hovering since I lost my first 13lbs. I am shooting for a 4 pointer tomorrow. Like Julie, I am going to re-evaluate my plan and routines. Obviously, I need to change something.

The true definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

mscat :wave:

gma22
10-28-2004, 07:45 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make time for you today!

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
MsCat :cp:
Julie :bravo:

This is a pretty good start to the day ladies!

MsCat: YOGURT Best thing in the world for yeast infections, especially prevention if you are prone!

Mirabelly
10-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Morning ladies...

4 points yesterday! Woo hoo....I bought a baby crockpot so I can make steel cut oats overnight and have a nice hot breakfast waiting for me when I get up at 4:30 :coffee:

The writing is coming along great. As I said, I'm more than half way done, and I plan to be finished before Christmas. After that, I have no control over when/if it will get published. But I am only going to worry about what I CAN control. No, Faye, it's not about sheep. Though there is a scene in there where I describe what it's like to reach your hand inside an animal and pull out a near dead baby and bring it back to life. I've done it a few times. It's pretty amazing! Ok, amazingly disgusting!! The book is actually a fantasy novel where the magic system revolves around dance. So there's alot of "me" in it. No dragons, dwarves, elves, orcs or vampires....promise.

I think the next one I write will be a historical fiction novel rather than fantasy. Cuz I like the history part, but don't like the dragons, dwarves, vampires, etc.

Sandy, good luck with the mary kay!
Faye, those stained glass things sound beautiful.

AManda--GET YOUR BUTT TO THE POOL!! :drill: You know you'll thank me when you get back. :D

Ok, time to go.
TTFN,
Julie

Sandybrat
10-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Morning Beautifuls... Thanks for the support on the Mary Kay stuff guys... you really keep me up and in a great frame of mind. Thank you so much cat... your long pm as u referred ... was very helpful... very. I greatly appreciate it... Thank You !!
I think i cought a cold... my head is stuffed and cant stop blowing my nose...lol i also need to start getting to bed earlier... especailly after this weekend... its already dark when dd and i get up for school... this daylightsavings thing really messes my body up... it takes me almosta month to adjust to it...lol it never used to...lol but i am NOT getting old... just older... lmao!! now that was a rationalization... sorry guys... i know i am weird... but i am sitting here laughing my butt off...
Anywhooooo... Julie thats awesome about your book... i will be sure to buy a copy thats a given... and i will have to try steel oats... sounds yummy i am thinking of making some soup for breakfast... i am cold and cant seem to warm up... and lots of pepper to help me breathe...lol
well i hope u all have fantabulous days... i love you all and take care of u
Sandy

Satine
10-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Morning everyone...I didnt have any points yesterday...I meant to come in here and give my Weds woe but I wasnt able to get online, maybe we can make an exception for me this once? ha ha :lol: Girls my woe is I am struggling big time with staying OP..and it is so odd because for so long I have been right on it and I do not know what the problem is, I honestly think it is the whole house thing but I cannot stay off program until the end of Nov when this should all be done and us moved can I? No !!! I mean I had Long John Silvers on Monday night!!! That says it all !! :lol: I have gone fat crazy!!!

I woke up again this morning resolved to get back OP, I need you all to keep your fingers crossed for me... :D

Faye - Is what hot and sticky there a couple of days ago? That is odd, it has been so cool here...yes I hear ya with the whole staying OP thing, hope I can kick it into gear.

Julie - So glad you are having luck with the writing...good job with staying OP and exercising!!

Amanda - Yes get to the pool, you enjoy it and it is good for you so why not?? Think of the wedding... :)

Sandybrat - Hope you get over that cold soon, good luck with the Mark Kay!!

MSCat - Hope you feel better soon, with the infection and all...keep up the good work !!

Talk to you all later, dh emailed me earlier and said that Long John Silvers sounded good again tonight...I have no chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirabelly
10-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Carrie--Honey, sweetie, baby-doll....You can't let the house thing get in your way. You've done all the hard work, now it's just a waiting game. Believe me I know how hard it is to have your whole life on hold, but if you give in now just think what's going to happen in a few weeks when it's holiday time full tilt!!

You GOTTA HAVE A PLAN.....and I know you're just dyin' for me to tell you what it is :lol: Seriously, since you and dh both work, I would invest in a nice new large crockpot (if you don't already have one) and the book "Fix it and forget it, Lightly" (or spend a few hours surfing crockpot recipe sites for low cal meals)

Your crockpot is your FRIEND!! Can I get an AMEN, Sisters!! It takes 10 minutes to throw a few veggies, meat and water in the thing and PRESTO! you have dinner already done when you get home. The house smells awesome, and you don't even have to think about what's for dinner. It is too too easy to decide to go out to eat when the alternative is cooking after a long day at the office.

Plus, if you cook enough (and have enough discipline not to eat it all) you have lunch for the next day. Try it, you'll like it....promise.

Now, I can hear you now..."Oh, yeah, you're right...I really should do that. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week I'll dig that old thing out of the attic." DO IT NOW!!! They are not expensive. If it's too much trouble to find the old one, get a new one. They're like, 15 bucks at Walmart. Once you get in the habit of taking a few minutes in the morning, and coming home to a hot meal...you'll never go back. I've used mine five nights this week, and I work at home!

Sheesh....I'm awfully pushy today, aren't I? :D

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How much did we lose this week, ladies?

Julie: I don't use my crockpot much, probably because I don't have kids at home, don't work and like to cook, BUTTTTTTTT CARRI, She is right!!!! Get that Fix it and Forget it Lightly cookbook. It has terrific recipes in it and it is only around $15 or so.

Talk to you later girls

Mirabelly
10-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Morning everyone.

3 points yesterday....tom crap kept me inside most of the day. I have a delivery of 2 cords of wood today, so I'll get lots of exercise stacking it all in the shed.

Hope there's some good news in the loss dept. I gotta get going, but I'll check back later.

Until Soon,
Julie

Satine
10-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Morning All,,, ughhhhhhh first full day of TOM !! It is horrible... crampy and craving all kinds of chocolate...of course I can report no loss and would be afraid to get on the scale to report my gain. I have decided, whether it is smart or not, to start back up on my diet full scale on Sunday...since I am going to that Halloween party on Sat night and I want to be able to eat what everyone else is having ( just this time ) ... so I have resolved myself to do that and will need your help big time next week !! :) :)

Julie - I guess you told me Girl !! :lol: :lol: No, I hear ya, I do like my crock pot, and would like to get some of those recipes, thanks for all of the encouragement, you are right, I have come to far to start back tracking.

Faye - Any cooler in TN today? It is going to be real warm today, ughh but then back cold for weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend ( and some losses ) , we have not heard back on the inspection thing yet which is driving us crazy but we will just have to be patient I guess...I would just like to know the damage... well anyway talk to you all later....

gma22
10-29-2004, 12:49 PM
ok, here is what the Time thread is going to do. Since half the posters have TOM problems and/or other hormonal issues (as in MOI), you get a break until MONDAY. On Monday, I expect EVERYONE to commit to getting back onto program, water and exercise. You can't possibly feel lousy and do well, it just seems to not work that way. You have this weekend to be a little and I mean a little more carefree then Monday it is back to normal, agreed?????? I am not even going to register pts. I don't want anyone to feel guilty. This is just something we need to do and we are going to do it, but with conditions. YOU DO NOT HOWEVER have to do this if you are rolling along well. Don't muck it up just because there are others who have to take a break. If you are doing well, keep working hard!

gigglez
10-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Sorry that I have been mia, work has been hetic the last few days. Just wanted to report that I am down 3lbs. However methinks that the goodies of the ghools might not let me see any results next week. After this candy hunt that we are all in right now isn't our friend. Julie is right the crockpot is our friend. Just checkin in gotta run sleep is calling me.

sandy

gma22
10-30-2004, 08:52 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share with us?

Raining here this am and we have the city's amusement park day so will get wet butts probably! Have a great weekend girls and talk to you soon!

Mirabelly
10-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Morning everybody.
It's a beautiful sunny first day of hunting season in Maine. Heard the first gunshots around 6:30 this morning. I try not to think about it. Gonna get dressed in blaze orange head to toe and go out to stack wood in a little while. Ok, that color is flattering to NO ONE, but it beats a bullet through the head.

Faye, thanks for giving us all permission to take a break :lol: After my "firm" decision to get serious, I totally lost it yesterday with all the crap the kids brought home from their parties. I tried hard not to eat too much, and what I did eat made me feel sick...but it's nice to have a breather. I'm in with the group on Monday! TOM will be over and I'll be back to my normal self.

I made a batch of pumpkin butter in the crockpot for Christmas presents and I'm doing apple butter today. I don't know why I never thought of it before, it was so easy! I love to make gifts, but I have less and less time. These were cheap and easy, didn't even have to stir! All I have to do is make some beef jerky in the dehydrator, maybe whip up some cute ornaments, and I'm done with all the presents that get sent out! WOoohooooo....it's not even Halloween yet! There's my sunny thought. :D

Gotta get going now.
Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.

Julie

Amanda Panda
10-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

Well TOM has struck me down too (well PMS anyway!) - So Faye I am ready to commit to a new start on Monday.

AND I will get my big butt down that pool on Monday, I promise!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Oh my gosh, girls, I have never laughed so hard in my life! It stopped raining before we left and the day turned out beautiful. I knew I wouldn't be able to ride a lot of the stuff because of either my knee or my size, but Jack and I rode the scrambler. We put me on the wrong side and when the thing started going, I squished the heck out of my poor husband. He kept doing these OOMMPH noises every time the "G's" caused me to slide into him and I was laughing so hard I was crying. My sil and dil and gs were behind us and laughing at it too. Later, Jack took Thomas on this thing called a paratrooper and Thomas (who you'll remember is only 4) was leaning forward just laughing and my husband had a strangle hold on the bar and terror on his face :lol: My dd talked him into two more rides that scared him to death (her husband upchucks riding a lot of the more violent rides) and I expect him to be white haired by morning, God love him! We had the best time though the food was YUCK! I bought a funnel cake ate about 3 bites and threw it out. My tummy can't take that grease anymore.

Julie: I have never had pumpkin butter, it sounds yummy. Is it made like apple butter but with the pumpkin spices?

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am pooped as I had a lot of walking and very little sleep. I had one of my bad hormonal, sleep 20 minutes jerk awake with my heart beating fast and I shake so sleep was crummy last night.

See you in the morning

gma22
10-31-2004, 01:50 AM
DO NOT POST HERE, BUT JOIN US AT #88 :)