UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:39 PM   #1  
Gym'll fix it!!

Default The Biggest Loser

Well..I don't know what I really think of this show it was'nt quite what I expected it was a "reality" show and as well as helping them with weightloss they also tempted them with an array of delights in a fridge and one morning they woke up to find tons of bacon..sausages and pancakes waiting for them downstairs and the biggest fellow (436lbs) sat down and grabbed a load of bacon while the rest just looked on and ate fruit. They were split into two groups..red team and blue team and they had to compete in an event where they pulled a car and stopped every so often to change driver and this was'nt easy because the door was welded shut so they had to climb through the window the winners won a 5lb bag of lard to give to the other team at weigh in anyway, the red team won this week with a combined weightloss of 74lbs (6 people) to the blue teams 69lbs one guy lost 22lbs IN ONE WEEK!! so the losing team had to vote off one team member so they picked the little gal that had lost the least I think she weighed 167lbs so there was no way she was going to lose 10lbs+ like the rest of the big 'uns so its kinda like Big Brother meets Weight Watchers I'll still watch it to see what they make 'em do next.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  

Cat..I got to admit it's weird finding you in this thread...but I have missed you!!!

I agree, I am not sure how to feel about the show and wanted to start a thread about it as well....the whole survior thingy about voting off really sucks dont you think? At least give them a chance. The one who got voted off had the least to lose, but to her I am sure that it's significant. I know that when they weighed in and I thought to my self "gee that girl's big" and the realized that she was 20 less then I was when I started to try to lose. it really make me think.

I too will keep watching the show and giving them all my best, and as for the ratings I just hope they don't exploit them too much, cause when it's all over, will they contune their jouney or be so depressed that they didn't lose fast enough to see that the real issue is to get healthy?

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #3  

p.s. I would love to hear from you more again, remember "getng healthy in Caanda" you me and hefty kept it going for some time....let's do it again okay?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #4  

No stealing Cat away from us! Just come and post here Trixi
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #5  

Okay....you caught me!!! that old thread has been closed awhile anyway...

Dale
Old 10-21-2004, 08:30 PM   #6  

Dale post here anytime
Old 10-21-2004, 08:39 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Now Now..no fighting over me girls there is enough of me to go around

Dale..WOW you're doing really well if you want to open another thread its up to you but as you can see you're more than welcome here
Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

btw..did you see at the end of the show the added info about Dana? although she'd been voted off she went on to lose another 15lbs on her own and looked really good in her pic

I'm wondering about the plans that they are following too because they're not all happy living on "rabbit food" and i'm sure once its over they'll descend on McDonalds like bats out of **** and as for their severe exercise regime I can't see them keeping that up..i mean..who makes you exercise until you puke: I thought it was horrible showing that
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #9  

We love Cat

and Dale
Old 10-21-2004, 08:54 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Awwwww Shucks
Old 10-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #11  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
I watched the show too. I think it will be interesting to watch. (okay I had a few chips while I was watching, DH brought them out ) Notice how they didn't show the two guys suffering that they took the smokes from? How hard would that be, to "surprise" quit smoking.

Cathy, I've been gone for ages and I found you here. You're just miss popularity, aren't you
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

DIANA..you've found me too i'm feeling really special tonight

I thought that about the smokers too in fact..when the trainer threw the cigarettes on the grass I thought "well..most smokers would have been down there gathering them up"
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #13  

Thanks for the invite, I am going to take you up on it!!

Dewcan, I remember you and have missed you as well....we did the Father's day challenge together and trying to get healthy in Canada (sorry about the previous typos, even though I know it will happen again!). Welcome back!!!

I agree about the smokng thing. At first when they were shown the fridges with all that food I thought to myself, if itwas me I could stay away from that and it might even provide more motivation to stick to it, but as soon as I saw those poor little cigerattes being destroyed (obviously I am a smoker) I almost had a heart attack. Now that is something I could not do cold turkey..I was hardly able to quit turkey cold turkey!. I feel right now the smoking is the only vice and release I have. It is a goal in the future to quit the nasty habit but I need/want it right now.

I will watch it again next week cause I am addicted to reality tv, do I agree with the show concept most definately not, but I also feel that those who have chosen to go on the show must have really thought about the process and felt it was something they wanted to do. I do not beleive in the voting off process because I think they should all get a fair chance if they are willing to go thorough all this.

Dale
Old 10-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Dale

I agree about the voting off because its obvious that the "thin" ones will have to go first because they will slow the weightloss down and it seems to me that that is the only goal lose the most..stay in the show I was surprised to see that they did'nt seem to know about the quarter mill prize so they're obviously in it for the weightloss but things are bound to slow down because they'll have lost a lot of water weight now and some were'nt even happy with what they'd lost to me its not "normal" to lose 15-20lbs a week no matter how large you are one woman is a right moaning minnie crying and saying "I don't know what to do" why does'nt someone smack her and tell her to GET A GRIP!! good job i'm not there she'd be black and blue
Old 10-23-2004, 11:01 PM   #15  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Dale, yes I remember being on those threads with you. You're getting clower to goal, you can do it girl. They may show the smoking thing next episode.

Cathy, you sound a little mean, okay, she needs it. They can't lose that much next week, I still expect big numbers (over 5 pounds) as some of that must have been water. I can't imagine being disappointed that I only lost 13 pounds, how stupid.

Anyway, should put my little one to bed.

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote