South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:19 PM   #1  

Smile New to the thread

Hello everyone!
I just got the SBD book and have begun reading it. I plan on starting the diet on Sunday or Monday. I have a wedding to go to n Saturday and want to be able to drink Any ideas on what things I should stockpile on from grocery store for phase 1? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 10-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #2  

Hi,
I am relatively new as well ~ welcome to the Beach..

I would suggest setting yourself up for success with Phase 1 by looking and setting a menu plan (maybe the one from the book) and purge your house of any of the things that you dont want to be eating... That way there is absolutely no temptation!

For us the breakfast is a bit tough - we usually grab cereal on the run while getting dressed, so if it is a problem for you as well cook some of the breakfast cups in advance and have them in the freezer to defrost when you need them..

Thats about all I have

Best wishes for starting your new healthy lifestyle and I am sure that you will find a heap of inspiration from the contributors to this thread..

Marianna
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hunterbella...Welcome to the beach! Glad to have ya on the sand. Deli meat, string cheese, bellpeppers and stuff are things I like to have all the time. I'm sure there will be others to give you a broad range of ideas. Look forward to seeing you around.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello!
My suggestions are:
Veggies, Veggies, and more veggies!!
Hard boiled eggs
assorted low fat cheeses, especially Ricotta, for ricotta cream for a sweet treat
easy to fix meats, such as tuna, sliced turky lunch meat, and I pre cook chicken breasts and fish and have them handy in the fridge
Old 10-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

These are the things I tend to keep on hand all the time:

Frozen vegetables

bagged salad mixes

eggs

aluminum cup cake holders-to make the vegetable quiche cup thingys. These are great, make a couple batches with different vegetables so you don't get too bored, freeze them and you can have breakfast for the whole week.

canned tuna and salmon

several cans of beans, black and chickpeas are my favorites.

low fat/part skim milk cheeses-the fat free takes a little getting used to, also some brands of fat free cheeses are better then others.

Get the smallest riccotta cheese you can to see if you like the brand, some brands are grainier then others and it would be sad to get the big 2 pounder just to find out you hate that brand.

One of the things I had problems with when I first started was buying too many vegetables at a time. You can always go back to the store if you run out. I would buy so much that some would actually go bad before I got around to eating them. Or I found I had about 2 weeks worth shoved into my fridge. I also would buy several new vegetables a week and too much of it and found that many of them I didn't like. I live near an asian market and would pick up some strange things. Now, I limit myself to 1 strange thing and only a handful and if I like it I'll get more next week.

I tend to stock up on chicken breast and other lean meats when they go on sale. I keep a couple pounds of cooked chicken breast in the freezer, I can take some out and throw on a salad or what ever.

Low fat and fat free deli meats- handy for snacks and meals too I guess- roll up with some vegetables and a sliver of cheese, yum, yum.

Salad dressings with 3 grams of sugar or less per serving
some sort of Mayonaise-

Good luck on the Beach. It's a great way of eating.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All good suggestions. My biggest one is to keep coming here and posting and join the Beach Beauties on the Daily Thread. There's more to life than just dieting.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:30 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 10-21-2004, 04:42 PM   #8  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

welcome and good luck!!!
Closed Thread