Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #1  

Default Weekly thread: Week of October 18

Hi all,

I forgot to start the thread yesterday. Sorry!

I didn't end up going to the movies last night because my friend wasn't feeling too hot. But tonight a group of us are seeing Xmen 2 and one of the producers is speaking afterward. I'm excited - love that movie.

Had a great meeting today and actually mentioned this board in my share!

Have a good night!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #2  
Searching

Actually watched that one the other day Kat. Trying to talk my son into being Patch or Logan for Halloween, and if anyone asks who he is he can go into his Beserker attack. I think for Halloween I am go to be one of the Farscape creatures. Sci-fi has me junked out on that show.

Asking for prayers, tommorow will be the beginning of my 5 12-hour shifts in a row.

Today for my recovery. I have eaten my meals every 4 hours with nothing in-between. I actually have ingested real food today not just junk. I took a 30 minute God walk. The turning trees are beautiful. Worked on my step work and when it got to heavy took time to cry and call someone. I will meet with my sponsor and go to meeting.

Today I am thankful for living ODAT.

I don't know if I accept myself today, but I am acting as if.

I miss you gals.
Chris.
No purging for 11 days.
No bingeing for 1 day.
ODAT.
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #3  

Hello to all my great gals! I hope everything is well tonight. I'm sitting here watching October Sky and dreading the 4am alarm. Food was decent today, better than it has been. I have to literally make myself eat more, because I know that is what I need in order to live. Though I am denying myself alot of things, I am NOT denying myself the pleasure of life. I think there is hope for the future, for that balance I despartely seek. I just wander what I have to give up in order to have that.
Kat-Wow, I would have creamed if I saw Patrick in person!! I would be on him like white on rice! LOL I hope the movie is good, I thought it was great myself.
Chris-Congrats on staying OP!!! It's tough I know, although I'm speaking on the opposite end. Yet, I believe it all comes down to acceptance and just loving life, not taking things for granted, and being thankful. Keep up the good work sista, your in my prayers
Tracy, CeeJay, Anna, Michelle, Jennelle, Christy, Linoleum, Skippy-----> I'm thinking about you guys!
Love you all
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Ah, darn, Kat. I was looking forward to hearing how the Nicholas Cage movie was. DH and I don't get out very often, and we have to be very selective about the movies we go see. He wants to see Team America next. I'm holding out for Bridget.

Went to see my mom yesterday - she's doing the WW Core program, and is doing quite well. I need to get off of sugar completely.

I can't say I get the Patrick Swayze thing, Vanessa - he's a little too pretty for my taste. But I will defend your right to get excited over whoever you want to!

Prayers for you, Chris. You've got a busy week. Check in when you feel up to it.

DH and I are doing better - I've given up at least some of my anger, and that's made me more open to him, and on the whole, he's been more giving as a father. I hope it lasts!

Take care, chickas.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:44 PM   #5  

Helllllllllllo ladies! I hope everyone is well tonight. I'm watching Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, which brings me back to the 6th grade I believe. Today was a pretty normal Hump Day but we had some rather odd events happen at work. In a nutshell, a patient went bezerk when she saw her soon to be ex husband with his old girlfriend, so she started running down the hall, crying, screaming, and finally BAM! Ran right into the wall.....beside my office. LOL Typical family feud I suppose. Eating was ok, could have been better, but hey I'm eating something so that's a good thing. Oh, I'm going to dress up like an 80's punk rocker for Halloween at work! Any ideas on clothing/accessories? Definetly acid wash jeans!
Tracy-I don't know what it is about Patrick Swayze either!! All I know is that I literally went nuts over him in the 1st grade, when Dirty Dancing came out. Then Ghost, Next of Kin. Maybe it has something to do with my childhood memories, some strange emotional attachment of some sort to my past. LOL I'm glad you and your DH are doing better, and I agree that we all must give up angry, it turns us bitter and blinds us from seeing what is really in front of us. Go for Bridget!! I heard Team America SUCKED! My prayers are with you
Chris-Hey darling, how are you?? We were talking about Xmen at work and I instantly thought of you and Kat! I have faith in you in staying OP and just getting through the day. I'm sending my love now!
For the rest of my gals, how are we doing tonight? How was the movie Kat? Michelle, Jennelle, Christy, Anna, Skippy, CeeJay, Linoleum
I must part now, robin hood is getting exciting! LOL
Love ya
Vanessa
Old 10-21-2004, 12:53 AM   #6  
Searching

A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages-Tennesee Williams

Today I will be okay. I walked into work and I wanted to purge, God gave me an emergency. I still am using food as a crutch, but no purging, so there is some repieve from the insanity.

I was looking at pictures of Angelina Jolie tonight. No ones life is perfect, we each got to find our own path. It just seems sometimes that some of us seem to see it clearer than others.

Thank you for thinking of me Vanessa. Can I tell you the worst thing the X-Men movies did for me? I love Patch. I love the old comics. And I think of him as some old scruffy, nasty, cigar smokin bad *** and then they went and made him sexy High Jackman when my whole concept was more like Columbo with muscles and claws.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:41 AM   #7  

Default Really quick hello

I haven't had a chance to read the other posts but promise I will tomorrow. Had a good evening with friends. Beforehand, I met with my sponsor - we did some journaling on one of the stories from the AA BB.

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #8  

Helllllllllllo m'ladies! How is everyone this evening? I'm doing ok, wishing Friday would come and go, it's been a long week! Fortunely we didn't have any patients running into walls today or trying to buy someone's pee, so it's been a pretty slow day. What is everyone's plans for the weekend? I plan on going to see the Grudge tommorow night with a guy I have been seeing, which is really cool b/c I can def. see myself with him and he feels the same for me. I haven't felt or been in something like this for a long time, before my ED began.. So it's weird and there is alot of anxiety, but then again, I'm sorta "inspired" to eat b/c I see a potential in this. I just hope a let down occurs and it throws me into a downward spiral. But I've been 100% right on all the good vibes I get initially, but I'm leaving it up to HP, he knows what is best for me. I realized that if I want things to work out, I need to help myself first.
Chris-Hello my darling! I never was an x-man fan until I saw the first movie with my now ex, and I fell in love with them!! Great quote by the way, I read some of his poems in college and found them amazing.
Kat- What is AA BB?? I'm guessing something about ED? How are things in LA?
Tracy, Christy, CeeJay, Michelle, Jennelle, Anna, Skippy, Linoleum, Sandi----Miss you guys!! Please post!
Well I'm off for the evening, one more day then it's time for another super fast weekend.
Love ya
Vanessa
Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #9  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Vanessa!! When you mentioned your last date, I so wanted to pry and get more info, but I resisted the urge. I'm glad you're in a relationship with such promise. That's wonderful. This may sound very bizarre, but having your ED to keep your focus on your own happiness may be something of a blessing - in that you'll definitely know it if you begin to lose yourself or sacrifice your happiness for the sake of being in a couple - which is pretty much what I did. Not everything our HP wills for us feels like a good thing at the time, right?

Anyway, glad no one else has been running into the walls or selling their pee. Tell me, is there any money in that? As a SAHM, I could use the cash, but I really don't have time to give scrapbooking parties.

Chris, a hug for you. (((( )))) Keep trusting HP every minute.

Okay, to bed, to bed.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:56 PM   #10  

Default OK, another quick message

Sorry! TGIF tomorrow, so I'll have more time to write.

AA BB = Alcohol Anonymous Big Book

BTW, if you ever need me ASAP (mod reason or just to chat) PM me - it goes straight to my email which I check regularly.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:55 PM   #11  

Hey girls!!! This will be sorta short, I just got in and I realize that I've been up for almost 22 hours! LOL! Anyways, I had a great time tonight on my date, The Grudge is frickin SCARY! Everyone in the theater literally was screaming!
Tracy-I know what you mean, sometimes I do think my ED was a blessing. Like maybe I was headed in the wrong direction and I needed one of those life changing events. I see this as a great opportunity to find that "balance" i'm looking for and to actually start enjoying my life. Who knows what will come of this, I'll take ODAT!
TGIF my good friends. I hope everyone is safe and sound, I'm thinking of you all at this very moment.
Sweet Dreams
Vanessa
Old 10-23-2004, 02:49 PM   #12  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Wow, it's just been the three of us this week. Where's Christy? Jennelle? CeeJay? (recovering, I know, but hi!) Michelle? Anna, Sandi, Linoleum - come say hi if you're lurking.

I'm waiting for DS to wake up, then we have to go across the street for a birthday party. A bunch of 3 - 4 year olds on sugar. Yea!

Do ya'll get/read the Skinny Daily post? JuJu had an article the other day on healthy eating - particularly about oats - and I realized that I really don't know what to do with healthy food. In my family, vegetables were simply boiled until they lost all their flavor, and then we had to be bribed to eat them. I think it'd be easier for me to eat healthier if I knew how to cook the stuff. Right now, I walk in the produce department and it all looks lovely, but other than make a centerpiece out of it, I don't know what to do. So that's my project for this week: research how to cook veggies so that I will want to eat them.

Vanessa - ahhhh...dates. I remember those. DH and I used to bar hop before the kids. We had so much fun together. We'd call them "mule nights". There's a town in Eastern NC that celebrates "Mule Day" in the Spring, and I could never figure that out. It sounded like they were just making up any excuse to get drunk. So DH and I adopted the term, to turn any date into a celebration.

Okay, I'll check back in tomorrow! Hugs to all my sweet ladies!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:48 PM   #13  

Default Happy Saturday all

Tracy, I love the Skinny Daily Post. She's awesome. I wish I knew how to cook and how to make veggies dishes. I get sick of salad pretty quickly.

Vanessa, ooooo, we may have to check that out. Back in July I saw Sarah and the guy (I am totally blanking on his name - the cutie from Roswell) spoke at a panel for the movie. That was a lot of fun.

Today was a lovely, lazy day. I played my online game while DH farted around on the laptop. I am savoring these lazy days more and more because back in my head I know they will eventually be gone fore many, many years because of future kids.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 10-24-2004, 02:18 AM   #14  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Yeah, that's true, Kat. I remember occasionally on the weekends getting up, eating breakfast, and then going back to bed for a few more hours. Ahhhhh....someday they'll be in college. And here I am now, 2:15 am, up because DS had a screaming fit for some unknown reason. I threw him my boob for the third time in an hour, and he's finally out cold. But it made me hungry.

Hope everyone's sleeping well - except Chris, who's working tonight I think. But is it your last 12 hour night?

Lullaby, and good night!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #15  

Morning my good friends *in a Irish accent* I woke up to a very wet morning with the movie The Shining on... I love it when my day get's off to a good start! Last night I went to this haunted tunnel that long ago a school bus full of football players wrecked with another truck carrying gasoline..Needless to say, they didn't make it! So as "legend" has it, the tunnel is haunted. Well the local Lions Club had made it into a haunted house and I have to say, it was pretty darn scary! And I consider myself to be a tough chic! Very unexpected surprises, dark, wet, and very very very narrow....LOL!! I'm off to the homestead today to celebrate my father and brother's birthday, and then I'll just lay around some more LOL Eating has been "ok" but it could be better. I'm trying and taking it ODAT.
Kat-2 thumbs up!!! And I'm the world's worst movie critic! I'm anticipating the movie Saw that comes out Friday, gosh I'm so dark and demonic?!
Tracy-I live in a college town so there's literally 30 bars surrounding my college.. Never have drank, never will, but I'm glad I found someone who isn't into that either. We both love heartless and demonic movies and Halloween is our fave holiday...Who knows what will come? Goodness, kudos to you for getting up in the middle of the night! That has to be super tough...You have my highest respect "bows"
I hope everyone is else is doing good and staying OP.. Please post and let us know your doing ok!!
Until next time,
Love
Vanessa