Support Groups - SAHM's #269 Monday

View Full Version : SAHM's #269 Monday

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 08:36 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/watkinsguru/10-17-2004021416PM.jpg

Hi ladies. I slept okay, much better than I did that night in the hospital and hopefully should get a nap in today. Andrew is better, I gave him a treatment as soon as he woke up and will do that all day along with his antibiotics. I'll call the doc to schedule his checkup in a few days.

Chris, my dh suffers from asthma that really only acts up once or twice a year as a bronchial infection. After trying Allegra and that not really helping, he tried singulair. He's been on that for several months now and it helps him ALOT. Singulair is approved for 2 years and up. The doc in the hospital said since Andrew was so close to 2 and obviously weight wise fits in, that I should talk to his doc about trying him on it. It would be a chewable once a day, but he said since it works so well with dh it's likely to work well and Andrew. I'm definitely going to talk to doc about it.

Michelle, sorry work was dull, but it sounded like you had plenty to do otherwise. Good luck with school, you'll be fine. An idea, since not many people post on Sundays, can you post that link for us to give you addy's on this thread, more of us should be around today?

Hello Spryng, Penny, Jill, Cindi, Geri, Ricci, Jaymi, Mel, Deana and all you other sahm's.

My dh won't let me watch Desparate Housewives. And what i mean by that is he thinks it's stupid and he'll sit there making remarks if I watch it so I just don't, but I would love to. We do watch Boston Legal though. James Spader, how can I not.

Anyways, I'm enjoying my coffee right now and gonna stay home and get caught up on ......stuff. TTYL

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 08:38 AM
I forgot to add that is my poor baby as we are getting ready to leave the hospital. They had this cute big bird wagon and several books and toys that we got to pull him around in while waiting on discharge papers. Anyways, that's him not looking too happy in that bottom picture. The nurses just couldn't get enough of him, though, they just thought he was a cutie. Thought I'd share.

melmcc99
10-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Morning !

Crstal, Andrew looks so cute and exhausted too. I hope he is feeling better today and I hope you get some more rest.

I am getting ready for the gym. I need a swift kick to get me movin' today.

Challange people:.It's a NEW WEEK............GET UP AND GET MOVING!!! DRINK THAT WATER AND START YOUR ENGINES! IT"S TIME TO MOVE AND GROOVE :strong: :cheer: :tread:

BIGtimeLOSER
10-18-2004, 09:23 AM
getting kids ready for a late trip to school. I actually hit the off button instead of the snooze button!!!

I am doing an online Bible Study to help me overcome my overeating. It's a 60 day study, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I never get any sleep anymore, so I am really just not ever feeling good anymore. So I haven't exercised any, but I have been eating better and taking my meds since last week! I can do this...I CAN!!

Sorry for the sick kids you all have, it's time for someone here to get sick, wonder who will be first???

Gotta drop the gang off, I'll be back eventually!!

Love to all,

Cindi

BTW...Desperate Housewives sounds great to me! I feel desperate most days!!

spryng
10-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, I was having a very lazy and relaxing sunday. I didn't do ANYTHING around the house. I sat and crocheted and watched tv and played with the kids. It was nice. Today though I'm back to normal. I love desperate housewives too and so does my dh!!! When he isn't able to stop for the night on sunday's he has me tape them for him. Last night's episode was good, and so funny!
OK, dinner tonight will be crockpot rotisserie chicken. A weekly staple here. I like to make it at least once a week so that I can eat on the leftover chicken for lunches all week. But the kids love it too so it works for us all. What are you all planning for dinner?
Well I'm hoping to get a call today about my next interview. I did the typing test and one on one interview last thursday so they said they would be calling to set up my personality test and math test soon. So that should be this week sometime. I'm not a patient person so I'm stressing a little about it all. I wish we could have just got it all done last thursday. Because after I take this next part I still won't know for awhile if I'm hired or not. The waiting game..... hate it, lol. Oh but dh's boss told him about a new spot opening at his company, it's a dedicated route!!! And there is only one person who is more qualified than dh to get it and his boss said that guy didn't sound like he wanted it at all so if he turns it down then dh will get it!!!!! It will be 6 days a week (5 days in winter) and he could come home everynight and weekend!!! I'm so excited about it. He will find out today if he gets it or not. So keep us in your thoughts. If he gets that position I won't have to go to work, I mean if I get hired I will go back to work because this company is great and pays wonderful and has great health insurance and I think I am ready for it, but if by chance I don't get hired or can't handle the job it will be nice to know dh will be home everynight and make enough money to pay all our bills. So that is a little of what is going on here.

Crystal, isn't your sono today??? When is the appointment?? Can't wait to hear the results!!! Tell that baby to spread it's legs! ;) How is Andrew today? So sorry to hear about the ER scare. Glad he is better.

Michelle, all those pics were too cute! And I can't believe you got snow! It's going to be 80 degrees here today! Can you believe it?? I thought it was fall, lol.

Jaymi, nice to see you back posting with us again. I hope you can get back on the right track. It's hard when you get off but I know you can do it!

Well I wish I could remember everyone elses posts from the last two threads but my mind is gone, lol. Leigh, was it you starting a new diet plan, the step diet?? What does that consist of?

ok, gonna hop in the shower and try and tame the frizz I call hair, lol. I like my perm but I think it's more work, lol. TTYL!

Loveliam
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Good morning gals :D Crystal, OMG!!!! Andrew is such a cutie!!! How adorable.

Well, today is day one of my Step plan. I got the book yesterday and it seems like a very reasonable lifestyle change plan. It's based on walking a certain number of steps per day, but it makes you integrate diet/lifestyle changes very slowly over 12 weeks so they are more likely to become part of your daily life. This week I record everything I eat (but make no changes in diet yet) and wear a pedometer every day (but don't intentionally exercise more than I normally would) just to have a starting point for analysis.

Crystal, I'm curious to know what your doc says about the allergy medication- let us know.

Penny- yes, I am approaching this new plan a little warily and do realize I need to make life changes. It's a pretty sound, non-gimmicky plan, so I am hopeful, but realize the only cure-all is change within me. How are you feeling today?

Deana- sorry about the anniversary plans :( Well, maybe you can use the time apart to think of a wonderful way to celebrate when he returns.

Geri- the oil sounds interesting- do you buy it or make it?

Good morning, Chris- hope you're having a great day.

Angel- sounds like it could possibly be Irritable Bowl Syndrome (at least, I think that's what it's called), but I know your doc will be able to give you a good diagnosis.

Michelle- eek! I hate snow :( But if you like it, go enjoy it!

Jill- how neat that you got to reunite with a friend. Good for you on the new clothes- you definitely deserve them.

Hi, Mel!

Well, here are two pics of Liam at the pumpkin patch yesterday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/PA170034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/PA170038.jpg

Loveliam
10-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Oops! Several people posted while I was writing LOL.

Melissa- :bravo: on your plan to get to the gym!

Cindi- congrats on the Bible Study idea- I think that will help keep you motivated :D

Spryng- good morning! That's wonderful about the job opportunities for you and DH! Lots of positive thoughts and prayers going your way :)

sydsmom
10-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Good Morning Sahms! :) I had an intersting weekend! :) My blazer is in the shop because its acting funny and then we are on our way to Lincoln to go to the husker game and dh's truck starts "fighting acceloration" we couldn't figure out why it was revving up so hi and wouldn't go...then we looked over and WHOOPs! It was in 4 wheel drive low......You can only go 15 miles an hour or under when that is on! :lol: we felt so stupid, so then we fixed it, luckily before it did any damage to the engine! LOL ! we had a nice weekend other than that though! ;) I did really well with our challenge this weekend too! :) Since Friday was such a wierd day, dh came home in the middle of the day so that threw me off! :)

I am going to get some serious cleaning done around here this morning while I have no choice but to stay home! :lol: and definately would fly a little later if anyone is up to it! I will post a 'ready to fly' message on my yahoo messenger when I can!

one more thing, LEigh, you have come back to us! So glad to see you again! :)

okay I will be back later to get personal! :) TTYL !!

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
OMG Leigh he is just a doll!!!!! I love those pictures!!

Spryng I will say a little prayer that dh gets that job!! Sounds like you had a good weekend! We missed you around here!!

Mel thats the spirit you little diet vixen you lol!!

Crystal Andrew is a cutie pie as well!! and as requested I'll post the email addy again! Hope you have a great day!

Cindi hang in there girly and good luck with your bible study :)

Okay everyone I need some mailing addresses to be emailed to me at redsox8252001@NOSPAMyahoo.com just remove the no spam part.
Spryng I need your addy again because your's is in my fried up laptop and I can't get it out lol
Cindi
Ricci
Jaymi
Leigh
Crystal
Ginny
Chris
Kristin I just need you to email me your last name :)
Okay and if I missed someone I"m sorry It's early after a late night :D

Gotta go feed my chillens (children) ;)
Love to you all
Michelle

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Okay just updating the list of addys that I need
Ricci
Jaymi
Leigh
Crystal
Ginny
Chris
If you don't feel wierd about it please email me your mailing addy at redsox8252001@NOSPAMyahoo.com just remove the no spam part. If you aren't comfortable giving out your address please let me know so I can quit bugging you lol.

Michelle

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks all for your comments. Andrew is my doll, if I say so myself.
Spryng, my appt. is tomorrow afternoon.
We decided not to start school until next week. I have an appt., Andrew will have an appt. all this week and he needs some more time to get better and I guess because of the stay in the hospital, he needs to be right with me every minute of the day for some reason.
I still haven't gotten to see sis's baby. Dh said maybe this week he'll stay home with Andrew so me and the girls can go visit and see her. I'll let you all know.

Michelle, I sent you my addy.
Hi to everyone else. TTYL

Deana1113
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

I've been on the run already this morning. We had storms last night and the electricity must have gone off and right back on. Andrew came and woke me up saying Matthew told him they had another hour to sleep. I looked at my alarm clock and told him he had over an hour. He said it's awfully bright out then. So I looked at my watch and they had 5 minutes before the bus came...Uggggghhhh!!! They made it. Good thing backpacks were ready and waiting. Well Andrew wanted to take his lunch today and I didn't have time to get it ready so I had to take it to him and take a pumpkin for his gifted class. They are painting them and he was supposed to have it last week and forgot to tell me. :dizzy: . So that's been my morning so far......

Crystal: Andrew is such a cutie pie. Hope he's feeling better today and hope you got some much needed rest last night.

Spryng: :crossed: for you and dh on the job prospects! That would be awesome for him to be home every night and on weekends.

Michelle: Good Morning! :D

Cindi: Hope the Bible study helps get you back on track. Why haven't you been getting sleep? kids? or because of your surgery and not feeling well? Is the Bible study kind of like an evaluation to see what you need to do? I know, I'm nosey!

Mel: You are doing awesome girl! Have you started moving to the gym yet? :rofl: Are the lockers big enough to hold all your stuff? :lol: . You Go Girl!!!

Leigh: Liam is sooooo cute! Thank you for sharing the pics. We don't have anything like the pumpkin patch here, maybe 30 miles away they might. So we don't do much for Halloween except dress up and trick or treat the Main Street businesses. And now all 3 of mine little ones are changing their minds on what they want to dress up as....arrrgghhh!! I told them they have til Friday to let me know so I can look for costume stuff or they are all going as box children!!! :rofl: As far as planning something for when dh gets home, he will be tired on Sunday when he gets back and then he has to go back to work on Monday night.....so probably won't happen this month :( .

Kristin: Hope your blazer gets fixed soon. We may be sahm's but it stinks to be stranded....it takes away independence. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise. :)

BTW....I told my mom and dh yesterday that I want a membership to Curves for my birthday. I am going to call them today to find out how long the half off startup fee promotion lasts. Hopefully til the end of Nov. Otherwise it's gonna be almost $200 for start up fee and first month. But I am in a small town and would have to go almost 30 miles to get to anything remotely close to a gym, so Curves is about my only choice. Dh is all for it, but the expense is what we have to look at the most. The monthly fee is fine, it's just to get started that is sooo high.

I'm cleaning this morning and dd has school today. Dh told me to get hi m up whenever I want to but I will probably let him sleep most of the day. He still has so much to get ready to go on Wed.

I'll be in and out today.

TTYL

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 11:17 AM
crystal hey girly sorry to bother you but I haven't received your addy yet, make sure you remove the no spam part out of the email address I posted. The no spam part is put in there so spam bots don't pick up my address from the net and inundate my inbox with garbage :) heres the addy again redsox8252001@NOSPAMyahoo.com

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Okay Michelle, I did it again. Let me know.

Leigh, Liam is so cute and I love the pics around all those pumpkins. I was wanting to find a pumpkin patch to take my kids to, but the closest one I found online is over an hour away.

Okay, i'm getting some things done around here. I've got Andrew's appt set for tomorrow morning and then mine in the afternoon. I'll talk later.

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Crystal I got it that time thanks for sending it :) Are you gonna get a nap in todaY?

Deana :grouphug: Good Morning! How is the ear feeling today? Have you tried an ear candle? I love them, I use them when I have ear aches and they help alot! Check to see if any of your natural food stores sell them :)

Michelle

BIGtimeLOSER
10-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Can I just say...I am so tired of being poor!!!!!!! DH works at the highest paying job he can find and I have too many kidsthat need me to work at this point. We are on several kind of govt. assistance at the moment and I have to wait for the mail just to eat, so I hope my EBT card is in the mail TODAY!!! That ought to help with my weight loss, no food, no problem! I have no money at all, and won't for a while. The bank did a number on me and held a check I deposited for a few days and caused my account to be overdrawn!! I am going to talk to them today, but not sure they will do anything about it. *SIGH*

Sorry, I just needed to vent!! I usually don't like to be a downer, but I am just in a mood today. We are willing to do whatever it takes to get on track, but seem to have run out of options. We are looking for a cheaper home to rent, once I find that I can keep kids at home I hope! I hope no one thinks less of me for the situation I am in, this is just our season for trouble!

My Bible study is much needed as you can see. But it's about realizing that sometimes we eat to try to fill a void that can only be filled by Christ. If we come into a greater knowlege and relationship with Him, we lose that need to do the wrong things to feel good. There is a diet that includes fasting a fay or two a week, but I am diabetic and can't do it. So I am trying to just really think before I eat and to make my portions more along what the dietary guidelines are. So if I am not feeling literal hunger pains, I need to go to my Bible or pray through the urge to eat out of any other need than to nourish my body. Make sense? I am enjoying it so far!

Leigh...Liam is adorable! Glad you found your book, hope it works.

Crystal...Andrew is a doll. Maybe one day I can show you my doll!!

Deana...It's not rude to ask, I enjoy talking about my plan, I just don't want to seem like I am pushing my faith on anyone in the process that isn't interested in hearing about it.

Kristin...Sorry about your car. It's a Monday, so I will be cleaning too!! We do nothing around here on the weekends, so I have to play catch up!! HATE IT!!

Back in a bit!

BIGtimeLOSER
10-18-2004, 12:07 PM
My lack of sleep(which is also contributing to this mood I am sure) is due to Christian's desire to stay up late and wake up crying a couple of times a night. Which one of you sent these symptoms to us, MEL??? Crystal???LOL!

I am working this week on adjusting his schedule and mine as well. Having to pick up kids at all hours of the day and night and be up by 5:30(yeah right) is so hard!

Stress of the moment isn't helping either.

I'll be fine eventually!

Love to all!

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Hang in there Cindi! I'm praying for you sweetie!! We all love you here and no matter what your situation nothing will change that, we love you for you and what you represent not what you have and how much.

:grouphug:
Michelle

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Cindi, so sorry about the hard times. But your faith will definitely get you through them. We are having some tough times too. This is the first time we've ever had to use assistance. Sorry about the lack of sleep, it wasn't me that sent them, I've still got them, LOL. Thanks for your words about Andrew.

Michelle, about a nap...I hope so. Maybe after lunch. What is an ear candle? I'm assuming to know by what it's called but I've never heard of them.

I've got some things done, now I've got laundry to put up and Andrew needs another treatment. That's a fight I'm not looking forward to.
TTYL

Deana1113
10-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Michelle: We don't have a natural food store anywhere near me and not sure the ear candle would work with the inner ear infection. It is feeling better today, no pain but still stuffy. I've been on the antibiotics since Sat evening and think they are starting to kick in and clear it up. Thanks for asking.

Cindi: No way would we think any less of you for your situation. I'm sure most if not all of us have been there before. I know I have. But it all works out in the end. Are any of the older kids working? Can they help when you are in a bind? I know we shouldn't have to borrow form our children but when worse come to worse you do what you have to so you can survive. Just a thought. Hope the bank works with you. Just keep your head up and it will all work itself out. Is dh's work seasonal?

Gotta get Abby ready for school.

TTYL

Chubba
10-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello all,

I'll post in a bit...just wanted to let Michelle know I started the challenge today! Meant to get down here a long, long time ago and tell you...... :)

I'll be back

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi all. Where's Mel, Penny, Jill...???

Just checking in. Just fed the kids lunch and I'm getting really, really sleepy. Hope to take a nap in a minute. Hope everyone is having a great day. It's really windy here so I'm keeping Andrew indoors for SURE. Gave him another treatment and he sounds better and has been playing, hopefully he'll take a nap without me so I can take one by myself, we'll see.
TTYL

Loveliam
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Afternoon :) I've been wearing a pedometer all day as part of my first week on my new program. I have the pedometer from a long time ago since I'm a big walker. Actually, that's always been the one form of exercise I don't mind doing. At least there's something LOL. Anyway, I'm not supposed to do "extra" exercise or walk more than I normally would, but I went on my 30 minute walk since I do that almost every day normally. I'm also writing down everything I eat this week and my emotional state at the time.

Hi, Kristin! Sorry to hear about your car :( How annoying!

Michelle- thanks for the Liam compliment!

Crystal, thanks for the compliment :) I hope you get to see Libby (I hope I remembered her name right) soon. I know how hard it must be to have Andrew not well, but still have to take care of everyone else.

Cindi- I'm sorry ya'll are struggling so much right now. I know it probably doesn't help a huge amount for me to say, "hang in there" but I know if you do, things will soon turn around for the best. I'll send my thoughts and prayers your way :) :grouphug:

Deana- a Curves membership for your Bday is a wonderful idea! And thank you for the compliments on the photos of Liam :)

I really hope I haven't left anyone out LOL!

Chubba
10-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Crystal and Leigh...your boys are both ardorable!!! :D

Cindi..... :grouphug: everything will work out...it has too!!! Sending my prayers your way too.

Spryng... let us know ASAP about dh's possible new job!!

Leigh...good luck with the new plan. WE CAN DO THIS! We are bright women...this should be a no brainer don't you think? ;)

Deana...can't belive your ear is STILL bothering you! Arrrgh! I've heard of ear candles..but never knew of anyone who tried them.

Kristin...hope the blazer is fixed soon. Sounds like something I would do...the 4WD low thing...in fact, come to think of it...I think I did do that on the freeway on the way to work about 2 years ago :lol: called dh and everything!

Mel...how was the workout this morning?

Jill..how's school going?

Ricci..you out there? How's it going for you?

Well, I called the dr's office this morning 'cause Tony's got a rash all over his body. His fever's been gone since yesterday morning. They think it's Rosella and the rash can last 4-5 days. Doesn't seem to be bothering him...just looks like it should be. It seemed like it was going away but then got darker again around noon. Hmmmm. May have to call again tomorrow to see if he's ok for the sitter's on Wed.

Other than that...I'm back OP for today so far. I CAN DO THIS!!! I am not going to TOPS tonight though. I don't really want to WI this week and tomorrow night is our girl's dinner, Friday night is a gathering at another friend's and Saturday my Mom and I are going up north for a wedding. Dh didn't want to go so the boys are staying home with him. Should I give them a box of cookies? ;)

BTW...I love Desparate Housewives! It cracks me up to no end. Crystal....send Dh out somewhere so you can watch it! It's hilarious!!

Gotta run. TTYL

melmcc99
10-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Hello all, I'm back for my afternoon check in. I had an awesome workout today, if I do say so myself. My trainer finished up the half hour I missed last week when Patrick was crying in the nursery, but she added 15minutes to it. SO, I got in 45 of Personal training and 33 minutes of cardio exercise. Wheeewww! I feel good. I can tell my stomach is going down! Finally!!!!!!!

LEigh, Liam is just getting cuter and cuter.....If that's at all possible. I'm so glad your back to us. I missed you! Cool on the pedometer. Let us know how far you walked today. Be interesting to know. I tried it once and my kids kept swiping the thing off my pants!

Deana, I think that would be an awesome birthday presant to curves. maybe you should wait till mid november and see if any xmas deals are coming out. I bet something will come up soon!

Kristin. Sorry about the car thing. At least you know it's nothing serious.

Cindi, I am praying for you for all to work out. You are an awesome person and raising all those children is the toughest job ever. It will all work out! Don't worry about venting. we all need it now and again.

Geri, HEY! Good for you on starting the challange! So proud of you!

SPryng, HI! When do you here about that job? Chicken dinner sounds good. I never tried a whole chicken in the crock pot. Too bad a turkey didn't fit. Maybe a turkey breast would though. YUM! Thanksgiving is coming.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did ...holler at me! I have some laundry to do. It seems never ending these days. Extra clothes from the gym and my dh from exercising too. Ughh!

spryng
10-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Hello again!

I'm about to go down for a nap myself. It's not that I am very sleepy but I'm down on myself today. I had mcd's for lunch (and not a salad, lol) so I'm feeling guilty about it. I've been going through some strange stuff lately. My house is suffering, my diet is suffering... I just feel like I need a change, you know? But it's much more than food so who knows.

Anyway,

Leigh, so when do you start changing what you eat on this new plan and what type of diet is it? (low fat? low carb? smaller portions?) It sounds very interesting.

Crystal, hope you get to take a nap! And I don't know how I thought today was your appointment, it's in your signature, lol. So now I must be patient once again, lol... not one of my better attributes, lol.

Geri, which challenge did you start today?

Cindi, so sorry about your stresses today. I feel for you. We were on government plans when we first moved to Kansas for over a year and even though it paid the bills and put food on the table it was sooooo stressful. Have you thought about getting a job?

Deana, I think a curves membership would be a wonderful b-day present! There is nothing better to give yourself than great health so you can have many many more b-days, you know?

Well, I guess I better get off here for now. TTYL!

melmcc99
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Spryng, We are here for you! Must be something in the air that's traveling around. I was downish over the weekend and I see many of us having these days lately. Maybe go buy yourself a new shirt or something and see if doing something for you helps. Big hug to you!

Loveliam
10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Okay, I'm supposed to be using this time to read - I have two books I want to finish :) But you ladies beckon me!
I just taped Desperate Housewives last night - I haven't watched it before but am very curious.

Geri- :bravo: on being OP today! Thanks for the compliment about Liam.

Melissa- thank you for the Liam compliments! :cheer: on your intense workout. I bet you like having a trainer! I'm still considering it as a possible Birthday gift.

Spryng- in what way do you feel like you need a change? Is the new job search part of it? Maybe you're looking for some new personal fulfillment- some new skill, craft, etc. The new plan I'm trying is The Step Diet. I saw it reviewed on 3fatchicks home page. It is based on walking and portion reduction. The main author was one of the doctors who did that big study on people who lose weight and keep it off - have you heard of that study? I remember hearing stuff on the news about it. I like that it introduces small changes over time to make them more likely to remain a true life change.

Okay, gotta read and finish laundry too :)

Chubba
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Spryng...Michelle challenged me to drink 80 oz of water and get in 20 min of exercise each day...she's trying to motivate my sorry a$$.
I'm also starting journaling again and will be trading emails with a gf of mine. Helps me to keep journaling if I know someone's waiting to read it :)
Hugs to you on your mood!!

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Spryng, don't be too hard on yourself. Look how far you've come and you've had those bad and guilty days before and you've still accomplished what you've accomplished. Hope a nap helps you.

Geri, thanks for your comments on Andrew.

Leigh, dh offered to watch the kids for me to visit my sister, but the girls are dying to see her too. So I don't know when I'll get to go. I may go this weekend if Andrew is well enough.

I got a nap in, I think an hour or so, I didn't look at the clock when I layed down but it was a nice smooth nap. Just wanted to check in, TTYL.

BIGtimeLOSER
10-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Do you think I got what I needed in the mail today? NOPE!! But I think I can get some money from my ds til Friday. If he wants me to cook, he'll have to, huh?

We are having tacos tonight, I got some meat that was marked down at the store and some shells, I have everything else I think. I may have to use cheese slices, but hey, it could be worse huh? If that card does't come tomorrow, I will have to find some $$$$ somewhere.

Spryng, I would be happy to work if I need to, but I have kids going to different schools and at different times, I literally make a pickup/drop off run every couple of hours throughout the day. There is not really enough time between for a job. But that should change after the first of the year.

I forgot to watch Desperate Housewives last night!! But I did see that my favorite Designer won the pick the Designer contest on Trading Spaces!!! WOOO HOOO!

Thanks for all the prayers and support, y'all!!! You are all so awesome!! We will get through this, we always do!!

Mel...WTG on the workouts!!

Geri...YOU CAN DO THIS! WTG on being OP and sorry about that rash of Tony's! Poor guy!!

Leigh, I love to walk too! Sounds like a good plan!!

Back after dinner!

Love to all

Bayleysmom
10-18-2004, 04:56 PM
OMG you guys! 3 pages before I got home from school is not cool! I'm just checking in to say hi real fast and to let you know I am alive. Hope those of you in a funk can find some way to feel better. I hope those of you that are sick or have sick kids will heal soon and I hope EVERYONE is OP and exercising today! I have been so far! I need to go and get the baby in the bath and the potroast in the oven before Hunter gets here. TTYL!!

Chubba
10-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Cindi...Desparate Housewives is showing again on Sat night I think.

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Sorry Cindi you didn't get what you were waiting for. I've recently learned that patience is a virtue, not that you didn't know that already, but just a reminder. Hope the rainbow is closer than the other side for you, lol.

Well girls, I feel like we're back to normal with 3 pages already and the day isn't nearly over yet. That's great support for anyone that needs it.

I haven't made a good 3 course meal in several days so tonight is Chicken Cordon Bleu, garlic butter rice, mixed veggies and a salad with a glass of tea. Maybe some cornbread too. Sounds good, I'm fixing to have to get started. TTYL

spryng
10-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Hello all!
I'm feeling a bit better now. Just going through a phase I guess. I did get a nap but it made me really groggy when I woke up. But I feel good now. After I got up I called about that job and they want me to come in wednesday evening to complete my testing! So I'm happy to hear that. So now I will find some algebra stuff on the net to work on and practice so I will pass the math test with no problems. Dh hasn't heard about that other position yet, he called but the guy in charge was out to lunch and never called him back. So we have to wait on that, the longer we wait the worse the chances get. So now it's down to prayer, lol.
But yes, I am just going through some changes in my life right now. Part of it is the job but it started even before that. It kinda has to do with religion which is why I haven't really talked about it here. I don't want to offend anyone or anything. But I'm sure I'll work it out. I just need to make a descision. And that is the hardest part right? lol.
I did get some cleaning done finally! My kitchen is now back in working order. And I'll clean my living room after dinner and then work on some laundry. So my house is beginning to feel back in control again and that makes me ease up some.

Crystal, how did the closing on the house go?? When will you begin building?

Geri, I think you are right about desperate housewives, there will be an encore saturday of the episode last night. I'll probably watch it again, lol.

Cindi, so sorry that card didn't come! But tacos sound great!! And sliced cheese works just as well as shredded I think. I loved that guy on trading spaces too!! So glad he won! I saw that episode on sunday. He is a cutie huh? lol ;)

oh shoot, my timer is going off so chicken is done! Gotta feed my starving kids, lol. TTYL!

mamawithdreams
10-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Spryng, glad you're feeling a little better. And now I can support you as you go through your changes because you all supported me when I was going through weird life changes too.
The closing went fine. We were gonna start today but the guy doing the slab can't start for alittle over a week. We thought about doing it ourselves, which we still may, but what will take that guy a few days would take us over a week because of the lack of help and the fact that it's not what dh actually does. But dh is working on meetings about utilities and opening our job accounts with Home Depot and Lowes and getting some things done so it's not all a loss.
Okay, I got dinner cooking gotta go.

BIGtimeLOSER
10-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Spryng...If you need to talk to someone on a spiritual level I am here for you and so are most of these ladies in our group in one form or another...IM one of us if you need to talk, I may not have all the answers, but I know how to find them and my shoulder is nice and squishy if nothing else when ya need it!! I will pray that you can make the decision that will give your heart some peace. I will also pray that the DH hears about that job soon!!

It was Hope to get sick next, her ear is draining, but not hurting. So I am starting drops now and hoping for the best. Seth is starting back up on the nebulizer just to be on the safe side, he is coughing a bit, too. Better nip it while I have the chance.

Going to eat! Back soon!

melmcc99
10-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey Jill!

Penny, where r u?

Spryng, I am not one to make judgement on religion. I have friends in all types. Jewish, catholic, born again, methodist and many more. If you ever need to talk it out, just to say it out loud, I would be happy listen and support. I would never push anyone in any direction. Religion has to come from within. Go where ever your heart calls you and dont' listen to anyone who tries to push you in any one direction. Don't forget, you don't HAVE to make a decision now. Try going to many diferent places of worship and go where you feel at home. I hope this helps. Warmth in the heart is warmth for your soul.

Loveliam
10-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi gals! Hope you're all enjoying your evenings. I watched my tivoed Desperate Housewives . . . that show is good! Great, another show for me to be hooked on.

Crystal- well, either way I hope you get to see the new baby soon. That's exciting about the house progress.

Cindi- sounds like a good dinner to me! I wonder if there would be a way for you to work from home somehow? If you could set your own hours, that is.

Jill- glad you've been OP.

Spryng- I have a really good feeling about you getting that job :D Now you have me even more intrigued by a spiritual crisis! But I know things will work out and you'll soon be at peace with things again. That's interesting because I've been feeling like I need more spirituality in my life - like I'm lacking in religious fulfillment of some kind. I'm on a little inner-journey too I guess.

Okay, I'm off for the night. CSI Miami comes on soon, though that is my least favorite of the 3 CSI shows. Hey, check out how many steps I walked today (see below) - the general recommendation is 10,000 steps per day.

chrily
10-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi all,
Finally getting a chance to check in. I've lost 2 more lbs. Halleluah, I'm almost out of the 200s. This will be short, because I want to go soak in the tub. My back is killing me in the worst way.

Crystal-My daughter Tiana is on Singular...It works wonders on her too. She also has asthma. The singular definitely keeps her asthma in check and it even helps her allergies some.

Michelle-Did you get my address? Let me know. I'm not sure if I sent it to the right email addy. I did remove the NO SPAM thing, so hopefully it worked.

Well, I'm outta here for now. This momma has been working all day and is too tired to handle much more than a nice hot bath and a good book. I'll check in tomorrow. Love ya all!

~chris

MichelleRae
10-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey girls!! I spent all day with the girls and my mother and we had my mom over for dinner then went out with her afterwards and Taylor had a blast! I got my new laptop today and it's awesome!! I'm so glad I got it I was having major withdrawls!!

Spryng I'm sending good vibes your way :)

Sounds like you all did good today!! I feel I did okay I got my water in and did a ton of walking but I did slack on the exercise but I promise promise I will get it in tomorrow.

Anyway Its getting late and I've had a busy day.
Love to you all
Michelle

Bayleysmom
10-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey ladies just wanted to pop in real fast and let you know that Penny couldn't get here today cuz her connection was really slow and wouldn't show the new posts. She says hi and will be running errands tomorrow but should be on. Hope you all are doing well, time for good tv here! LOL TTYL!

mompen
10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey Ladies

I finally got on here.......whew........lol

But I am soooo tired and need to get to bed!

Have a great night :)

If anyone needs to talk :) just pm, im snail or call me......lol

HI OUT THERE TO ALL OF YA! Luv ya lots :)

Michelle.... I'll get that total to you soon :)

Leigh and Crystal, Very cute pics of the boys :)

Doing great on plan, got the gym in, the water in and the eating is good!

TTYL!

mamawithdreams
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
starting a new thread