Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 03:45 PM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down

Welcome all to the new thread! Although I have to admit to some shock that one hadn't already been started!.......

My weekend was alright ~ a little on the busy side for me, but not too bad overall. One bad part was on Saturday, when I got home, the puppy had gotten into the chicken house, and we lost 7 chickens... Anyone want a real cute black lab cross, real cheap?

Today I went to the optometrist's this morning, and came into work for the afternoon. I will go to Curves at 4 (and weigh in too), then grocery shopping, then dinner out for my step-mother-to-be's birthday. And then, home again. Not real exciting, eh?

I am planning on going swimming tomorrow morning, so wish me luck on not pressing that snooze button too many times!

Hope you're all doing great!
Old 05-01-2001, 10:28 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default Yoohoo! Where is everyone?

Well, I guess I'll just talk to myself!

Weighin was ok ~ I'm up a half pound, but it's probably from the emotional "grazing" I did on Sunday (upset about my chickens ~ I know, kinda silly, but I get attached...) Anyhoo, I getting back on track, sort of!

We went out for dinner last night, and of course, I pigged out... steak, mashed taters and gravy, onion rings, coke, ice cream..... oooohhhhh..... can you say stuffed? The rest of the day was good though, and I had a great workout at Curves ~ even sweated a bit!

Then, I didn't make it to the pool this morning ~ we didn't get home until about 10 last night, and by the time everyone was fed, and I had gotten all my stuff together, etc... it was way too late for me! I tried to get up, but my body said sleep was more important.... I'll try again tomorrow. No worries ~ I still go to Curves tonight anyway.

Otherwise, life is plugging along. Can you believe it's May? I go for my monthly massage this morning, and I can't wait!

Anyway.....
Old 05-01-2001, 10:49 AM   #3  

Not again!! Now, I wasn't at work + not by a computer, but where is everyone else?

MarvinTM: Thanks for starting the thread! I'm sorry to hear about your chickens! I wish I could take your puppy! My dog at "home" with my parents is a black lab/border collie mix, and just as much trouble! Cute little suckers though, aren't they?
P.S.: I saw your latest post come up as I was previewing mine! What a yummy dinner you must have had! I'm glad you slept in -- it sounds like you wouldn't have gotten nearly enough sleep if you'd gotten up early, and then your workout would just tire you out rather than energize you! We definitely need our sleep just as much as we need our exercise!

Well, I'm pleased to report that I am back on track! DH + I went for loooong walks up to + through the park both days this weekend, and went to the gym on Saturday! Yesterday was a no-workout day, but I've already gone to the gym this morning + done my bike workout -- upped my time to 30 minutes, and moved up to level 4, with intervals at level 5! ALSO, I've "officially" weighed myself this week, and I'm down 3 pounds! I thought I might have lost a pound before, but I can't tell on our scale (and won't bother trying) until it's a little more.

I'm going to take it easy this week, and not plan so much. I'm going to try to get to the gym in the morning at least 3x for 30 minutes of cardio, and will try to do 3 other evening workouts. I think I might do the Firm Upper Body tape tonight, my new beginner Pilates video tomorrow, and Firm Lower Body Sculpting on Thursday -- but we'll see. I'm ging to go with the flow a little more this week, and just do what I'm in the mood for.

Hope everyone is doing okay this week, and hope to hear from you soon!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:58 AM   #4  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default Phew!

Am I glad to see you! I didn't want to have to talk to myself again!

Thanks for the support, and I'm glad to hear that you're getting back on track! Definitely huge congrats on the 3 lb. loss! That's great! It also looks like you're advancing nicely in your routines, and I'm happy that you're cutting back a little on your expectations for what you can actually fit into your week. It seems like every time I try to plan extra on top of Curves, I falter, so for now, I'm not even really trying.

As you might have guessed, I didn't go swimming this morning, but I'm not stressing about it. Sleep is important, and I don't want to overdo it. I always end up sick when I do that

Anyway, let me know how that beginner Pilates workout is. I've heard so much about it, I'd love to hear from someone I "know".

Old 05-02-2001, 11:30 AM   #5  

Hi Marvin, LURKERS, etc.

Did my upper body workout last night, and am sure feeling it today! Youch! Good posture, that's what I keep telling myself -- I'll have good posture!
Got my TIRED butt up this morning + went to the gym, although I had to cut back to 25 minutes at level 3 this morning. Turns out I'm NOT going to get to do my Pilates workout tonight, as I forgot I had already made plans with some girlfriends! Dang it, I WILL get that workout in sometime this week! And I'll definitely let you know how it goes, Marvin -- my last "Method" tapes were too advanced for me, so I'm hoping this new beginner tape will be easier to work into my routine.
Had a delicious dinner last night of pan-grilled chicken in flour tortillas w/a homemade mango salsa. I really liked it, and it was nice and light, while still being filling...DH however, declared it was "like eating grass." Sigh. Well, I suppose I should be happy that he's going to the gym now, and just play along with his food quirks --- like insisting I NOT mention the fact that there's no heavy cream in the mashed potatoes he likes so much. He shushes me every time I make noises like I might destroy his carefully constructed Heavy Cream Illusion!

MarvinTM: I know exactly what you mean about planning "extra" -- that's why I'm cutting back this week! I got so stressed about not getting in my "extra" workouts that I forgot that's what they were...EXTRA! A bonus. Plus I was exhausted, + DH kept saying I looked like death! I'm going to settle down for a week or two to see if I can't find a healthier way of fitting in both cardio + my Firms, without going overboard + without feeling guilty if I don't get in 2 workouts in a day.

Anyways, out tonight, will try not to eat too badly, although the drinks are going to do me in! Here's hoping I don't completely derail myself for tomorrow! (it's hard to ride a bike when you're hungover, you know -- to say nothing of working! )

Happy Hump Day to all!
Old 05-03-2001, 10:01 AM   #6  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default Good morning Copperblu!

Gees, it feels like today is humpday! I am beat today, and I don't even have a good excuse! Probably just not sleeping well the past couple nights.... oh well... I'll try to get to bed earlier tonight.

Got a good workout in yesterday, eating was not too bad, and I'm generally happy. I did notice a little more fullness in my face as compared to last week.... I think that I'm paying the price of my lousy eating on Sunday and Monday...

YUM! That sounds like a great dinner! My dh would say the exact same thing as yours though! And I find it funny too how if you don't tell them about the substitutions, they can't tell! And they sure don't wanna know!

I'm finding that I just cannot get up at 5 am (!) to go swimming right now. I may be able to in the future, but I'm not going to worry about it, or stress out, as like we're saying, it's extra! What I'm really aiming for is one workout a day during the week, and at least a little bit of activity on each weekend day, like housecleaning, gardening, walking, whatever... I sometimes forget that my goal is not just weightloss, but to increase my overall health and become a more active person. Alas, sometimes, I just need to smack myself upside the head, and say duh!

Anyway, hope you're feeling alright this morning, and I look forward to hearing from you...

PS ~ Lurkers! Please feel free to join in at any time! We don't call this thread "Just Copperblu and Marvin!"
Old 05-03-2001, 11:20 AM   #7  

Well, last night I went out + did my bad drinkie/dinner thing. I did have sweet potato fries rather than regular fries at the bar, so that's something! They were really good too! I didn't have too many pints, but there're so many empty calories in cider/beer that it hardly matters -- still sabotage! Of course, was way too tired this morning to go to the gym. Duh. I don't anticipate a good exercise day today, but I hope to make up for it Friday or the weekend. Maybe I'll take a stroll w/DH tonight, just in the interest of having some activity today, even if it isn't "official".

MarvinTM: I know exactly what you mean about forgetting your real goals in the mad "rush" to lose weight! It's like my brain flies out the window, and all of a sudden all I care about is upping my workouts so I can lose weight faster! Like you said -- DUH.
About food -- DH definitely can't tell I've made substitutions unless I tell him! It's funny how both the meatloaf + the mango/chicken wrap have about the same calories, but for some mysterious reason, the meatloaf is far more popular w/DH!

It's not the Just Marvin + Copperblu Thread? Wacky!

PS~I'd be happy to go find the mango salsa recipe for you if you'd like, though I have the feeling your hubby wouldn't approve!
Old 05-04-2001, 09:54 AM   #8  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking

Sure, I'd love to have your recipe... I'm not a real big mango fan, but I'll try anything once.... maybe once dh's busy season starts, I'll try it on a night I have to myself....!

Yesterday was good. I did skip Curves because it was sooooo beautiful outside, but I got on my exercise bike for 20 minutes of hard riding during er last night, so no worries...

Good news ~ I measured myself this morning, and have gone from 7.5 inches lost to 10.75!!!!!!!! Yay! It fluctuates sometimes, but I FEEL smaller and dh has noticed, so, I'm thrilled!

I won't have time to go to Curves tonight, as I have to go into the city right after work. Depending on what time I get home, I might be able to squeeze in a short walk, we'll see.....

Other than all that, I'm pretty boring today! I'll check in again later!

Last edited by MarvintheMartian; 05-04-2001 at 10:00 AM.
Closed Thread