Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#10)

Sherry
10-17-2004, 07:56 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomefall5

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Shelley, I hope you can get your run in today and your father ends up getting dismissed from the hospital.

I'm keeping Allison home from school today. She fights asthma/allergies, we switched meds and now she is worse. I started the old stuff last night again and today I'm calling the doctor to see about another script. She coughed all night long even with all of the medicine.

Deelite
10-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Gayle I hope that with some rest Allison feels better. As for her poor little ankle I think that she will be needing a little extra TLC.

Sherry how is Wayne today? I was beginning to wonder where you were. I thought that you had just got to busy to post. I guess that he must be anxious but nervous to get this surgery over with. He is in my prayers. Are you rested up after your busy weekend? Remember to take care of Sherry.

Shelley any up date on your Dad? Was he able to leave the hospital? I am glad that he has been able to eat some food. I am glad that with the stress of having your Dad in the hospital that you went for your pedicure. You now have Princess Toes! We don't have Homecoming Dances here. I bet Becky looked like a Princess. It is amazing how quickly the kids grow up. My baby boy will be 21 tomorrow. I can hardly believe that Jason is that old.

Doni the pictures you posted are great. Is that a pickerel that Catigan has? She has beautiful hair. I love being by water. The creek looks like a nice and peaceful place. Yuck catfish. They are so ugly.

Well I am beat. I am going for a rest.
Hope that you all find a little something in the day to enjoy.

Deelite
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Debbie I meant to mention your hair. With all the grief that you had I am glad that you look younger. I hope that you like it even if it isn't what you wanted.

ShelleyM
10-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Debbie-Post a picture of your new "do".
Gayle-I hope Allison's asthma get under control with the old medicine.
Dee-I am so happy that you sound like the old Dee again. You must be feeling more back to normal!
My dad was released at 4 today. I just got a call from my mom saying they are home. I was getting worried, because I called home and the hospital with no answer, but they had stopped to pick up prescriptions.
Thanks everybody for your concerns!

Deelite
10-18-2004, 08:06 PM
I was just remembering this and wanted to share it with you: Twenty one years ago at this time of night I was being admitted in to the hospital in preparation for being induced tomorrow. I remember it clearly because I was scared and excited at the same time. That night once I was settled into the maternaty ward and met some of the nurses it was time for Larry to leave. It was around 10:00. I remeber not wanting him to leave me and I cried knowing that I would have to spend the night alone. I knew that he would be back by 8:00 am but just the seperation was hard for me. We had our baby boy the next evening and when it came time for him to go home I still cried. I felt so sad when he left me for the next 5 nights. Finally we were back together and a whole family.

gdeann
10-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Dee, tell Jason Happy birthday tomorrow! It's hard to believe they grow up so fast. I can still remember as vividly when Liz was born compared to the birth of Allison and there is 13 years difference!

Allison is better tonight, hopefully if she isn't running a fever, she can go to school tomorrow. The doctor prescribed the same stuff, so hopefully it will start working soon. I feel like all I've done is medicate her over the past week... one med for swelling of the ankle, another for pain of the ankle, one for coughing, one for allergies, one for fever, a nose spray for allergies. She's a walking, talking drug store!

gdeann
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Shelley: I'm glad your dad made it home!!!!

bootwoman
10-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Dee, tell Jason happy birthday from me also. Today is my brother's birthday and this Saturday would have been my mother's.
I know I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone who is sick, has relatives who are ill or had bad hair days! I PROMISE I will do that this week.
Daniel came about as close to being killed over the weekend as you can without it actually happneing. He is ALWAYS the last vehicle in the convoy when they go out on night missions, which is every night. For some reason, he was switched to the lead vehicle on Sunday night. On that night, the last vehicle in the convoy was blown up by a roadside bomb. That was divine intervention, pure and simple. There is no other explanation as to why he would be moved on that particular night. Of course, that means that some other family is grieving today. He said the explosion lifted his vehicle off the ground and that they were having to dodge bullets while returing fire. All weekend long, I had a strange feeling of impending trouble. I guess a mother's intuition can't be dulled by mountains, seas, and miles.

I'll be back later......

4myloves
10-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Sheesh, Ramona!! My heart just about stopped beating when I read that post. Thank GOD Daniel is all right.

Is he under Ron Chastain's charge?

Deelite
10-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Ramona how fortunate Daniel is, it is a miracle that he is still alive. Mother's intution is stronger than distance. I had a feeling the evening Dez got stitches, that is she were to end up in emergency I wouldn't know til it is over. Weird because I never thought of that before. While your son is fighting a really war with really guns, my son is buying play guns and having pretend wars. I wish Daniel was playing with pretend guns. Our sons are the same age but years apart. I have a little boy and you have a hero that has witnessed a world of hate. My heart is heavy for you because of all that your sons have been through. Ramona thank you for wishing Jason happy birthday.

Gayle thank you for the birthday wish for Jason. It is amazing how we remember back so far for somethings and then can't remember last week. You are doing great on watching what you eat and exercising! Will you be going to any more craft sales this fall? Was Allison able to go to school todaY?

Sherry how is Wayne? Is he on a lot of pain killers? I guess he can't do much but rest.

Carol how are you feeling today? Are you doing ok with your eatting today?

Shelley how are your mom and dad making out? ARe you going out for a run today? Is everyone treating you ok at work?

Doni go girl go, you are on a roll. Keep up the workouts.

Debbie are you still alive? We haven't heard from you for awhile? Do you miss swimming? I always say to Larry when we close the pool up that it is like a funeral. We cover it with a dark cover and I miss it so much.

This morning I went with a girlfriend to a cottage crafty, antique sale. I think that I am going to buy a head board that has shelves on it with two little closed in cupboards. The kiky thing is it has a large oval mirrow adorned with frosted flowers around the edge. Going to ok it with Larry and then my girlfriend will pick it up for me.
For dinner tonigt Jason picked a meal of appetizers. He loves the ambiance we have when we do this. We play soft music, sampling one appetizer at a time by candle light. They are his favorites, he opted for that instead to a full course meal. I have most of it ready so I am going to take a little nap so that I will be able to sit for most of the meal. By 5:00 I have a really hard time coping with the pain and sitting is the worse position so this will be a challege because of the lenght of time that I will have to sit. I am going to lye down now for a rest.

Hope that you all have a nice day.

ShelleyM
10-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Ramona-Someone was looking over Daniel and your whole family last night. Thank God for this miracle.

Dee-I don't quite understand what you are saying about Jason. Is he buying real guns and collecting them? I'm not running today. I had my hair cut. I'll run tomorrow, God willing! Dad is doing great and goes to the Dr. on Thursday.

Deelite
10-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Shelley we have very stricked gun laws here in Canada. The only time you can have one is if you are a hunter or possible a farmer and you get a permit. Jason is buying plastic toy guns that shoot plastic pelets or the mini paint bombs, with red lazer lights. He has the army clothes, trip lines and kid things. He plays with Ashley (his girlfriends) younger brother and a few of her cousins. When they are up at the lake it is their past time in the trees. When he was younger I never allowed guns or for him to make them out of lego or anything like that. Being that I had a day care it wasn't allowed and I didn't approve. Now that he is an adult he felt he was deprived and is playing pretend like a little boy. Stranger for someone his age but I understand where he is coming from. How many 21 year olds would be into plastic play guns?
How short is your hair? I just love your natural curls. I have body but not as much curls as you have. I am glad that your dad is doing great. Enjoy your run tomorrow. I had to much dinner so I think that I will go for a short walk in the rain. I didn't do much for exercise today.
Jason and Ashley enjoyed their romantic meal. We had a really good time. They don't eat meals with us except on special occassions so it is a treat to have them. Glad it isn't daily. Ever since we kicked Jay out when he was 18 for that short time he has chosen to eat at Ashleys. If they are going to eat here the rule is let me know the day before and they have to help prepare the meal or set the table and do dishes. What a meany I am. Same goes for Dez. No freebees here.

Well off for a little walk. Have a good evening.

bootwoman
10-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Thank you all for your good thoughts. I pretty much go through my days numb right now, knowing that anything could happen at any time. I just have to have faith and belive that everything will be okay.

Shelley, I'm so glad your dad was realeased from the hospital. I hope this will take care of the problem and he won't have any more relapses. Let us see a picture of your hair!

Sherry, how is Wayne's knee? I don't personally know the pain he is in, but Rick has had 4 knee surgeries, so I can sympathize with you. How are you feeling? Are you taking better care of yourself????

Carol, how are you feeling today? I hope someone will come up with a drug that will help you and ease your pain. I'm thinking about you and wishing you well.

Dee, the headboard sounds fascinating. Your "little" dinners amaze me. You always create such a wonderful production out of every occasion. I do good just to get a meal on the table!

Debbie, are you still liking the "new you"? I bet you've had a lot of postive comments on the new color. Sometimes change is good, it sparks the creative, impulsive part inside of us.

Doni, I enjoyed the pictures you posted of your daughter and her little friend. They looked like they were having a wonderful time!

Gayle, how is Allison today? Was she able to go to school? I hope you are staying OP because I haven't been so good this week!!

Cheryl, can you believe this weather??? I spent Saturday getting out the winter clothes and today it was 90 degrees with tornado watches! Sheesh!!!

Vicki, how are all the little ones doing? Are you still scrapbooking?

My sister-in-law had us over tonight for my brother's birthday. She made an Italian Creme Cake and it was soooooooooo yummy! Just what I needed!!!

I wish you all a good evening with sweet dreams.....

gdeann
10-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Dee, what wonderful words you wrote to Ramona. It's truly sad that we have "children" fighting this war. They will never be the same from the experience and they are instantly becoming adults overnight. It's also true: They are all hero's!
Gosh, you probably laugh when you read my food logging! I'm lucky to get one thing made, let alone a full course meal! I do LOVE reading about your life...you are the princess on this board.

Shelley: Post a picture!!!!!!!!! I wanna see!!!!!!

Ramona, sweetie, try to relax if you can. I know right now you are constantly on pins and needles worrying about the boys. I continue to pray daily for their safety and for you to have some peace of mind. The cake sounds heavenly!
Can you believe it? I am still OP!

Allison is better tonight. Thanks to all of you for your concern. Hopefully, she will be as good as new soon! I didn't wrap her ankle up today for school and she seemed to get along with it ok, and her cough is sooooooo much better! The prescription she uses runs $80.00 per month, but is sooooooooo worth it! I learned a very valuable lesson, I thought I could get away using over the counter meds and I only made it worse for the little turkey.

bootwoman
10-20-2004, 09:09 AM
I forgot to tell you something cool that happened to Ben. He had to go to Michigan last Thursday to sweep for bombs before the Vice President got there to make a speech. Normally, he does his job behind the scenes and then is gone. This time, he was talking with one of the secret service agents, just excahnging small talk. The agent asked Ben where he was from and when Ben told him he said, "that's where I'm from!" He graduated one year after me in high school, BUT, Ben couldn't remember his name! Anyway, he told Ben to come with him for a minute and when he did, the agent introduced him to the Vice President. He shook his hand and the VP gave him a Presidential commemorative coin. Ben doesn't show much emotion, but that really jazzed him up! Just thought I'd share something fun for a change! LOL

gdeann
10-20-2004, 09:16 AM
How cool for Ben! I'm sure he still is very excited! Is he carrying the coin around with him or did he place it somewhere safe?

Deelite
10-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Ramona big hug for you today. Last night I thought about what you said and I thought that you need a big hug. I wish I sould do more for you. this has to be a stressful time in your life. Saturday will probably be a rough day for you. Is there something that you can do that would be special for your mom that might make you feel her nearer? I only wish that it was warmer here. It is only in the 30"s here during the day. The hot tub sure is great now that it is cool here. I love the presentation of a meal. You can always make a simple meal look elegant with candles, music and cloth napkins.

Gayle would you consider ordering Allison's medication from Canada. Jason's girlfriend works at a pharmacy that is for out of the country ordrs. Our drugs are a lot cheaper than yours. You could always call or email and get a price check. So I am the Princess on the board. I love special moments and special things. I make a special occassion out of anything small because it is fun.

Sherry where are you? Are you to busy looking after hubby to post?

4myloves
10-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Dee, I agree, you are a princess :)

Deelite
10-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Cheryl that is funny that you agree with Gayle. I have a tierra beside my computer from my girlfriend that lives in Puerta Vallarta part time. Larry bought me a princess like trophy that sits beside my desk and Larry has a frame by his computer,that has Princess on it with a picture of me. He use to call me his Princess but now I am officially a Goddess (remeber my Goddess convention In march when I went to Puerta Vallarta?) Princess. I often sign my cards to my friends that know about this....Darlene GP. :)

Deelite
10-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Did I scare everyone away with my royality? ;)

Sherry where are you? Are you ok? It isn't like you not to post. Are you really busy with Wayne and everything else going on? Don't stress yourself out to much it isn't good for your blood pressure. Please take care of yourself. I hope that everything is ok with you.

This morning I am going back to the cottage antique sale. They put new stuff out everyday. We will see what I can find.

Have a good day.

gdeann
10-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Good morning Canadian princess! I'm here! Will you please email me with the email/site/phone number, whatever I need to check the prescription price of Allisons meds at the place Jason's girlfriend works? BTW: How did it go on your weigh-in?

I hope we didn't run everyone off!

Sherry
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey :wave:

I'm here! Just have a lot going on. Wayne's surgery is Monday & been getting ready for that and my b/p has been very high.It's almost down to normal now.It got so high Monday that the vessels in my nose popped. My nose has looked horrible all week.:( Hopefully this new b/p pill will continue to bring it now. This is my 4th one in 5 months!

Gayle,
Is Allison ready for Halloween? What is she going to be? I hope you post pictures of her. How's her foot? Can she take PE now?

Shelley,
How's your Dad? How did you get your haircut? I'm like you, I have natural, unruly curly hair too. I would love to get mine cut but don't know what I want! Will you post a picture?

Ramona,
That is so cool about Ben!!! I hope that I'll be sharing neat stories about Chris later also! I know you're so proud of him!! I'm so proud of you for staying OP!!! You're an inspiration! ;)

Carol,
Does your legs & feet hurt worse when it rains or when it's cold? I know mine does.Are you still staying OP? I'm like you, taking this one day at a time! If I mess up...I start over the next day.Why is loosing weight so hard!? How's your Mom & Dad?

Dee,
I just smile so big when I read your posts! You are sounding like the old Dee!!! :D After reading your post about your rules with your kids, I just realized how spoiled mine are!!! I still wash & iron Drew's clothes, clean his room etc. I did with Chris too until he moved out.I know that I've done the wrong thing though because they will someday marry someone that will be doing what I'm doing now because my hubby doesn't do anything around the house!I wish now that I would have made my boys do more. Oh the lessons we learn! Continue to get better everyday girl & thank you for asking about me! Love ya Princess!!

To everyone else that I didn't post to......Love & miss you!!! :grouphug:

Hugs....

gdeann
10-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Sherry, I have two spoiled kids too! I do all the housecleaning and cooking. If I do ever have Liz help, I usually end up redoing it because I tend to be a perfectionist or as Steve says: Anal!
Allison wanted to be Dorothy from wizard of Oz, no luck coming up with a costume. Out of the blue a few weeks ago, she found a red dragon costume at Walmart and said thats the one! I told her she couldn't change her mind if we bought it, she still wanted it, so I guess she will be a little red girl dragon! Her foot is better! Even attempted the trapoline for a few minutes tonight!
I'm sorry your feeling bad. Can they try something else for your blood pressure? My mom has always battled her high blood pressure. Mine is real low, even during pregnancy. maybe that is why I'm tired all of the time.
How long will Wayne be laid up? Will it be a one day surgery/outpatient thing? Let me know if you need anything.

gdeann
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Someone posted this on my painting group. I'm printing it off for Steve to find on the refrigerator and for my class tomorrow. I thought you girls may get a chuckle out of it. Sounds like my life!!!

Ode To My Wife The Tole Painter

She learned to paint on Monday,
Her strokes were going fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
So we went out to dine...

She painted daisies Tuesday,
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust...

On Wednesday it was strawberries,
She says the blending's fun.
What highlights!! What shadows!!
But the laundry wasn't done...

Her apples were on Thursday,
So juicy, bright and red.
I guess she really was engrossed,
She never made the bed...

It was violets on Friday,
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all,
The crumbs on all the floors...

I found a maid on Saturday.
My week is now complete.
My wife can tole the hours away,
The house will still be neat...

Well it's already Sunday.
But don't call me a saint.
I cursed *&%$#!! I raved XXX! I ranted!!
The MAID has learned to PAINT.

---- by Mollie Perry ----

Deelite
10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
That is a cute poem Gayle. I am sure that Steve will get a kick out of it. I have the name of the company that Ashley works at but Jay forgot to get the email and phone number. I will see her this weekend so I will get the info. I heard that Bush wants to stop Americans from buying Canadian drugs because he wouldn't want anyone to die. I think that it is hogwash. As soon as there wasn't enough flu vacsine he was asking the Canadian goverment for some. Go figure. You asked about my weight. I lost 3 pounds in the last couple of weeks. Remember when we had the challenge for memorial day? Well since then I lost a total of 7 pounds. How are you doing?

Sherry I thought that you might not be feeling well. We need you to take care of yourself. Before I had heart problems I did everything. Mind you that was almost five years ago. The kids were younger. Now they do there own laundry and help with meals. It was the best thing I could of done because in the long run it will help them become independent and help their spouses out. I think Sherry you do to much and you need some help because you are a perfectionist and it takes longer to do everything. I am like that too.

Sorry to cut this short my friends are here to pick me up to walk. I will be back later. Sherry hold that thought.

Deelite
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I am back.

Sherry when the kids turned 18 they had to pay rent if they worked or if they didn't work they had 15 minutes of work a day, or they could do it on the weekend. It never hurt them but they sure complained when things changed. It made it a lot easier on me. I feel that they learn some valuable lessons. Mom cannot be there all the time to do everything. Sorry for ranting on this but I know what it is like to do it all and then to have them share the family duties.

I am trying so hard to get back into shape. I want to be able to walk 10 miles a day even if it hurts me. Larry and I have booked a trip to Las Vegas for our 24th anniversary. We booked this in early spring when I was more mobile. I don't want to have to view everything from a wheelchair. Larry doesn't like talking to the back of my head. He wants me by his side. The reason why I bring this up is I am in so much pain. I am back to the old me because I have lowered my medication dose. I still am on the pain killers but half as much. With the increased activity I wake up in the middle of the night with pain that won't let me sleep. I therefore have to take short acting pain killers. At night at dinner time I can't sit. The pain gets worse and I can't wait til 9:00 comes so that I can take my pain killers. It is rough but I just got to do it. I think that it is catching up on me. I may have to slow down. Yesterday I didn't exercise. I layed in bed most of the afternoon resting my back. I still had a tough evening and night. This too shall pass. Sorry for going on. I just got to get in shape and lose some weight.

I hope that you all have a good weekend.

gdeann
10-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Dee, I know you feel out of shape since you haven't been able to exercise but.... are you ready for the lecture???? LOL!
WHENEVER there is PAIN in the BODY, that is a sign something is WRONG! Maybe you are trying to do too much too soon? Just a thought...
I know you want to be back to your old self, but I really do think you need to slow it down a bit or find a different doctor. You shouldn't be in this much pain.
Okay... enough of my lecturing, please do slow down and try not to worry about being back to normal this soon after surgery. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOODDDLES!
The info I mailed out to you...you will be able to go through it and practice it while in bed.

gdeann
10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
BTW: Your doing great with the weight loss! You can't expect a huge weight loss when you can't get out and move about very much. You are a beautiful, caring, brilliant, slim and trim woman who we all love dearly!

ShelleyM
10-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Dee-I agree with Gayle. You may be doing too much too fast. Why not just walk a bit every other day. Forget going 10 miles a day. Remember, you are still recuperating and need to rest your body so that it can heel.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but here I am depressed again. I haven't been eating right. Since Mike is not around at the dinner hour, I have just been eating a huge salad and then grazing through the kitchen. Also, I haven't run since Wed. I have to do 10 or 12 tomorrow.

Deelite
10-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Gayle thank you for the kind works. I know that I should listen to my body. With the pain pills I can do more than I should, I guess. When it comes for them wearing off I sure can tell. Thepharmacy for the meds are Glenway Pharmacy. The phone numer is 1-888-336-3424. The website is www.glenwaypharmacy.com The first time you need to send a fax or letter with info. It will tell you on the site. I hope that this helps you.

Shelley I am sending hugs your way. I hope that you get out for your run tonight. It might make you feel better. Shelley I know that I want to do more than my body wants. I guess that is just me. I am tired of lying around. I want to be like you, go 10 miles a day. I hope that you start eatting right so you feel better. Remember that you are our skinny mini on the board and we would all love to be your size. Funny how we are always so hard on ourselves.

gdeann
10-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Shelley, sweetie, here is a super, duper hug for you!!!!! {{{{HUG}}}}
I'm sorry your depressed, I don't know what to say other then I'm here for you if you need me.
Do you like any of the low calorie frozen dinners out on the market? For me, they are a lifesaver! I can have one in minutes using the microwave and if I choose, I can add a piece of fruit or a salad. I really like the Healthy Choice entree's and soup's. They are reasonably priced and the meat is good (I'm picky eating meat). Sometimes I will have a can of soup with a frozen dinner roll, this averages out to around 300-400 calories, depending on the soup. Steve likes the Progresso brand soups, they look good, but I haven't tried one yet. I even prepare my pasta & rice ahead, keeping it in the fridge. If the hungers hit me and I feel like I'm ready to binge, all I need to do is measure it out and add a sauce or topping to it. I'm not much of a cook either, so I try to get by the easiest way I can.

Girls, I tried the Dreamfields low carb pasta tonight and it is GREAT! So much better then the wheat pasta I have been using. This one taste very similar to the higher carb pasta, but with more fiber.

gdeann
10-22-2004, 08:18 PM
We were posting at the same time Dee! Thank you for the info!

Deelite
10-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Hope that you can find the drugs you want cheaper. Ashley was saying that they have a lot of generic drugs if you want that for cheaper.

Gayle can you see me lying down painting my sunflowers?

Deelite
10-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Come on everybody post and say hello to me. I miss hereing from you. I had a painfully night last night. I need a pity party ;)

Sherry I know that you must be worried about monday. No matter how much you worry it won't change things, prayer is the only way, let God take care of it.

Shelley I am sending hugs to you. If I had your phone number I would call you. If you like you can message me or email me and give me your number.

Ramona how are you doing? Have you heard any more from the boys? Any interesting things happenning at work? Are you going to see your Dad today? I am sure that is must be a rough day for your family being that it is your mom's birthay. Hugs to you.

Gayle so what is up for the weekend? Any painting projects? We are still working on the closet. Larry has been so busy at work this last couple of weeks that it is hard to get anything done around here. It won't be long before it snows and our yard is not winterized. So many things to put away. Allison is going to be so cute for Halloween. I hope that we get to see apicture.

Carol how are your feet feeling? I hope that you have some relief. Are you still losing weight? It is hard to lose weight when you are in pain. You feel sorry for yourself so you treat yourself out to many times. At least I do.

Debbie are you back at the YMCA? You and Sherry have to get back to it. You guys enjoyed it so much.

Cheryl do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend? We don't, just trying to finish up that closet so that we will be able to sleep in our own bed soon. Larry will be working all day tomorrow.

Doni how are you doing? What is Caligan whereing for Halloween?

Anybody start their christmas (hanaka) shopping? I am more than half done. I have ordered stuff of the net and when ever I am in a store I pick something up. I don't like shopping with the crowds and with the way that I have been feeling I have a hard time to shop. Are we still going to pick names this year? Is ornaments the theme?

Enough time sitting better start moving or lying down.

Please post.

Dee

ShelleyM
10-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Dee-I haven't even thought about holiday shopping, and you are half done! You are amazing.
Well, guess who is now the chicken queen??? I started cleaning out the coup last week, and have gotten 4 eggs everyday (we only have 5 hens now.) I think they like me. When the girls did it, they were lucky to get 4 a week. It's a messy job, but somebody has to do it!
I went over to my parents' house today and my dad is back to his old self. You never would have know that he was in the hospital. I really want them to move over by me. They have another real estate person coming by their house on Tuesday. Do you ladies have real high property taxes? Ours isn't that bad, it's about $2,000.00, but our neighbors have some outlandish taxes. One down the street pays $20,000.00. Of course, it's a million dollar home.

gdeann
10-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Dee, I'm sorry you had a rough night. Do you think this doctor knows what he is doing? I hate to see you taking so many pain meds just to cope with every day life. I wish you guys could come to the states and have a specialist give his opinion.
You can't paint the walls with sunflowers in bed, silly! but, you can practice with a small cup of water (no paint) in bed!!! Maybe once you have the info and if you feel like it, it will give you something to do while you are resting in bed.

Well, you guys will never believe it, but Allison is sick with the flu today! First the ankle, then allergies, now this gunk! I picked her up yesterday afternoon from school at the regular time. Within minutes of getting home, she had a fever and was vomiting. We ruled out an infection from the allergies and possible bad food, so apparently it must be the flu. I had a class sheduled today and had to cancel. A few of the ladies (students) stopped by with a small basket for Allison loaded with chicken noodle soup, oyster crackers, a reading book and coloring book. HOW SWEET!
Just when you start thinking no one does anything nice for anybody anymore, something like this happens.

gdeann
10-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Shelley, we posted at the same time. I'm happy to hear your dad is back to normal!!! Our taxes are out of reason for the size of town we live in. I have a friend who moved back from a larger city, her homes are comparable and valued the same.
The taxes here were twice as much as in the city!

Dee, I'm working on Christmas too!!!! I need the extra time to budget. Liz's BD is November 30 and Allison's is December 18th, so all we are doing is buying Christmas & birthday gifts when we have a few extra bucks.

Deelite
10-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Shelly compared to our taxes yours are high. Ours are $1200 cnd, that would be just under $1000 for you. I am glad that your Dad is feeling better. You are right it would be a lot easier if your parents lived closer. You could keep a closer eye on them.

Gayle sorry to hear that Allison is sick once again. Poor little one. That sure was nice of your friends to drop off a special basket for her. I look forward to practicing painting in bed. I thought that maybe Larry would look cute sith sunflowers on his butt. ;) My doctor is on hloidays til the week of Nov 4. He is only in the office one to two days a week. The rest of the time he is operating. Our medical system here moves very slow. I know that pumping myself up with all these drugs are not a good fix but it helps me get by. Hopefully when I see the surgeon he will see what is wrong on the ct scan. I am at a point now that no matter what he says I will do it. Before I said that I wouldn't go through the surgery again but I have too. My brain is working ok now on the meds that I am on but once I increase which I will tonight and then maybe again tomorrow I may not be that good. You will be able to tell with my posting and moods.

Just remember that I love you all.

siamese
10-24-2004, 04:32 AM
hello friends!
i cought the nasty going round here!
i think everyones got it.

sherry,take care of yourself and wayne!

shelly,so glad to hear your dad's home now!
what a relief!
sorry to hear your depressed again.
i know how it effects the eating part.
brian has to work 2nds this week after working midnites so long,ill miss him at the supper table to.

gayle,bout allison when it rains it pours!
i feel for her this crud's thats going round is uggggg!

dee,the fish was catfish and yes there ugly little critters but good eating ,i made nuggets from the fish they caught that day.
her hair is beautiful and natural,mine is straight as a stick!lol!
tell jason happy belated birthday!
catagan hasnt decided yet what she will be,i told her this is the last year for tricks or treat,what is the cut off age?
om my i havent started the christmas thing yet but hey i got a list!

ramona,hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!
i cant imagine what you go thru when you get the news of things there!
he realy does have a guardian angel!
wow how absolutly exciting for ben!
braggers rights!

how are you doing carol?
our weather here has been so funky,cold wet damp,bleck!
have a great weekend!

doni

ShelleyM
10-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Doni-I don't think there is a cut-off age! Teenagers go in groups all the time. My kids haven't gone the last 2 years though.

Gayle-Poor Allison. There is quite a bit of the flu going around our school also.

I did much better yesterday. Whenever I run, I seem to do better with my food. I tried on one of my jean skirts yesterday and it was tight. I really need to get a grasp on this before it gets out of hand.

mzbhavin
10-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Friends...the lurker has been keeping up with her gals here.

Gayle,,,,Give that one of yours hugs from all of us and sorry she has been having a run of illnesses.
Dee.....Don't over due it Pllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee..

Shelley...Sorry your feeling depresseed ..take care of yourself.

Ramona...How are things going for you???

Sherry...Take care of yourself and Wayne..

Love you all.
The lurker Vickster

Sherry
10-24-2004, 11:04 AM
STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #11.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!! :D