Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Ooops, I did it again!

About a year ago, I woke myself up in the middle of the night with a sharp, ripping and burning pain below my ribs, on the right hand side. Since I'm a hypochondriac, I had myself convinced that I ripped my liver, or some other irrepairable damage had been done. It was sore for a few days, but got better. However, I woke myself up a few times over the next few weeks turning too quickly in my sleep. This happened again a few months later, but not so bad. I did it again around May - I felt a pain when I was doing crunches, and then it was sore for a while. I haven't done crunches since June's abdominal surgery until yesterday, and then this morning I have pain there again and it feels tender to press. Is it form, or an old injury that isn't healing? I'm sure it has to be muscular because my latest liver testing is normal. The muscle is at the base of the right side rib area, where my gallbladder used to be. Maybe it is scar tissue from the gallbladder being removed?

Should I keep doing crunches, or try something else, or stop ab exercises all together while it heals? Am I all alone? If not, please share your misery with me.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #2  
Mel

I dunno
Last week a very large, overly friendly yellow lab jump me and rammed is paws into my abs. They hurt like *%$!!!!

My theory is "sore is good, pain is bad". But note the disclaimers on both or signatures.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #3  
Samantha

Jennifer - have you talked to your doctor about this? It sounds extremely painful, but what gets me worried is that it keeps coming back. But it's good to know that your liver wasn't ripped in half!!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:35 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Thanks for the replies - I did mention it to one doctor, but since blood tests were good she wasn't too worried. I should ask my endo and see what he thinks. The pain is so close to the surface I feel like it is probably muscular. I don't think I'd have any organs that close! It feels much better today. I still haven't done abs again. Tomorrow I will try again, but only do half of what I did on Friday.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote