South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - October 16 and 17

Never get on the scale when you have been indulging! I'm heading out of ONEderland and have to get back down or change my signature!

Yesterday's long day at Synod was rather tedious. The presentations were interesting but I do not do well sitting on my fluffy butt all day. Today I will try to get out for a walk at noon if it's not pouring rain as it was yesterday. The session starts at 9 which means I need to leave at 8 so I've got time for a leisurely SBD breakfast before I hit the road.

No word on the wee puppy - there was no answer at Morna's when I called last night. I suspect the little furry may have gone to puppy heaven.

Enjoy your weekend. Mine will start on Monday!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruth. The dear little thing. I'm so sorry that happened.

It poured rain like you wouldn't believe last night! It was lovely.
This weekend we'll be installing the potlights in our kitchen. No instructions in the boxes. Just a diagram on the outside of the box, and the words, "Installs in seven minutes!" Ha! We'll see about THAT!
Our cabinets arrive next weekend, so we've got to get hopping...
Old 10-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  

Hi everybody,

Ellis, I remember those potlights well. I believe out 7 minutes turned into 3 hours for the first light, but the next 2 went much faster - still not 7 minutes, but much faster! Good luck! Don't do what we did and start the job in the afternoon though lol!! Candle light and wiring are not compatible!

Ruth, hopefully Morna was just out of phone range and the puppy is ok. I had never heard of dogs injuring pups by rolling over onto them. Poor soul!

Well, the scale continues to be my enemy too. I need to bump up the exercise to get past this yo-yo plateau. Maybe the dog will have to learn to run alongside for part of our routine, rather than strolling.

Have good weekends everybody.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:20 AM   #4  

Grrr.... just typed out a post and "lost the whole thing!"

Ruth Hope the puppy made it through the night, keep us posted!

Ellis Is this a home improvement project that you and DH are tackling together? That never seems to go as well as planned in our home! I think I may be a tad bit too opinionated!

Laurie When are you going to Europe?? How fun!!! I noticed your weight sig- you are closing in on a 100 pound loss. That is so wonderful for you!!!!! You are going to be in onederland before you know it!!

Barb Can't wait to hear about The Race for the Cure. I always find that particular walk so inspirational.

Me- Usual Saturday tasks! Laundry, grocery shopping, etc. I have already warned DH that is will be stepping up when it comes to these household chores. He will help whenever asked, but I don't feel like he should need to be asked. I was so tired during my first trimester with DD, so I would imagine this one will be a bit tougher since DD is quite active and highly assertive!

Anyone tried any new recipes recently?? I have the Tortilla Bake on my list for next week, but that is about it so far. Chicken breast is on sale for $1.49 this week, so that will be included in meal planning for sure!

Have a superb day everyone!!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hello Chickies! A very busy day here. Soccer and all that jazz! No kids tonight but I am sure we will just sit at home like we always do! BORING! I stayed pretty much OP at the mall yesterday. I wound up having cajun chicken with stirfried cabbage and turnip greens. Probably not totally OP but better than fries and a burger. (I hope) All salads were just iceburgh lettuce and that seems such a waste. oh and I did have a pack of peanut M&M's. Probably because of the chicken. But I am back on today! Shopping went pretty good. DS got something from American Eagle so he was happy! tee-hee He did agree to go to the thrift store first (which was a big shocker) and found an A.E. shirt there and another one before we went to the mall. I found 2 real cute lil hoodies for myself. Oh and a cute t-shirt that DS asked who is that for and I said me and he said you can't wear that. I held it up and he said oh I guess you can. For so long I have bought big baggy t-shirts to hide the bulges and now I am buying ones that actually fit. DH said last night that his boss told him that sometime between now and Dec. he wants all sup. and their spouses from all 3 plants to go to Gatlinburgh, Tn. for a weekend so that has given me new motivation! I can wear a 10 now but only some I want to be able to fit into all of them by then. Although DH does not want to go cause he hates stuff like that but i am all for it and will help him see that it is better for him if we go! haha Team player! haha Well I guess I have rambled enough for one morning! Gotta get some more coffee and hit the shower. It's to cold to be goin out with wet hair. Have a good day all!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #6  

Hey ya'll. It's been a crazy week for me and I'm glad it is over. My fiancee and I had planned on getting married around this time next year and then decided against that after all the hurricanes. We didn't want to plan the wedding for the summer because it is miserably hot, so we decided on april. Then two days later I got a call from UCF (my college), informing me that I still need one more class to graduate, which will have to be taken in the spring. To make an already long story short, I have less than 2 months to plan the wedding, which is going to take place on 12/12 at 12 noon. So far this past week I have selected the reception and ceremony site, the dresses for both myself and my bridesmaids, ordered the invitations, the flowers, and hired a dj. It has been stressful, but things are really coming together. I've also lost 3 pounds this week, probably due to all the running around I have been doing and because I don't have time to even think about food.

I think I will have more time to rest this weekend, and next week wont be as stressful. I hope the rest of you are enjoying your weekend!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #7  

Good morning, everyone! I am back from the race and I had so much fun! I did tons of walking (from the train to the mall and back and around the mall to get my tshirt and number). It took me about 58 minutes to do the 5K, mostly walking with a little jogging, but I figure that is good because the first 15 minutes it was hard to move with all the crowd. I have heard they had over 34,000 people there. The weather was cool, crisp and sunny. Absolutely gorgeous. The light rail was packed with people that were racing. It was inspirational afterwards when they had so many people do the survivors walk. They even had some people who had survived breast cancer for more than 40 years!

I did pretty well resisting the goodies they had. I stayed away from the yummy looking Krispy Kreme donuts and all the drinks we should have. Drank water. Ate some yogurt and a banana. I did have a quarter of a sandwich after walking but that has to be tons better than the donut.

DH and Brian are supposed to be going to do model rockets today but DH is still not ready and it is an 1 1/2 hour drive. I think they will be out of here soon. I need to go look for a Halloween costume today and I may go by the gym later for some light weights and a soak in the hot tub!
Old 10-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody.

I have been the Queen of Let's Gain Your Weight Back Land. I have been darn near nervous-breakdown this week. I believe that Job from the Bible had the same last name I do. I think I'm a direct descendant.

Every time I think we're going to get caught up financially, my car breaks down. It's literally every 3 months. I know this because I have been getting a bonus from work every 3 months. Every time, that bonus would pull us out of the hole and back on track, but every time, my car needs work. Still don't know what's wrong with it. Probably won't know until Monday.

My best friend, Lucas, informed me the same day that my car died that he's marrying a girl I didn't even know he was dating. She's this that I introduced him to at college (I was naive and thought she was friendly) and they've been friends ever since. Apparently they're in love, and he (who never EVER has wanted marriage) wants to get married. And he's broke, so he bought her a $1000 diamond ring. I love him, and I'm happy for him if he's happy, but honestly it's just something else for me to worry about. I don't want to see him get hurt, and chances are, with this lady, he will.

I know there are bigger things out there that need prayers said for, but if you think of it, send some our way. I'm kind of frazzled. I feel like I've let you all down, as I've been off plan for almost a month now. Back up to 144-ish. Beer has been a close companion, as well as restaurant food.

You all take care, and hopefully I'll be back OP next week, so long as I don't have to be committed to the Psychiatric Hospital once word about my car comes in. Talk soon.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Good Afternoon, Chickies~~

Met with Miss Mary this morning...had a whopping 3 pages for her. I'm so embarrassed. The last month has not been kind, health-wise and my creativity has been right at ZERO. Blah!

But I seem to be on the mend, so hopefully, I'll get on a roll this week. Just had emails from my handspinning buddies. We're off on another road trip next Saturday. This time it's just for the day, but it'll be fun, none the less. Sandy's on the Curves diet, which is pretty close to SBD...so we're planning on an OP picnic lunch.

The doc yesterday finally has consented to refering me to a rheumatologist. I'm not sure if he'll be able to figure out what the problem is, but if he can't then I'll request a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist.

Ruth, I sure hope the puppy made it through the night. Keep us posted.

Kiko, I understand what you mean about having to ask your dh for help. But he is a GUY...and they just can't help it. Ask and demand help if need be. After all, you're the one carrying around his progeny for 9 months. It's the least he can do.

Ellis, I do not envy you the home renovations...I'm sure if dh and I tried that, it would be the first stop on the way to divorce court!

Bamie, my Uncle J literally "haunts" the thrift stores there in Huntsville. He's gotten some awesome bargains...including antique Persian carpets, a man's beaver fur hat for $11 and a man's silk blazer for $6!!

Barb, congrats on the walk. I'm sure I'd never be able to do 5K in 58 minutes. That's awesome.

Weezle, I used to say that I didn't need soaps...I have real life. And that my life was a continual crisis with intermittent periods of calm! Sounds like you're having more than your share of drama lately. (((hugs)))

Well, I'm going to go try and be creative.

You all have a great rest of the day.

Mamacita
Old 10-16-2004, 04:44 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Good Saturday afternoon!

It's been six days back on phase 1 and I lost 3 pounds for the week. I wanted more.....but don't we all. I had to laugh at Kiko for buying chicken at 1.49 a pound. We have it here for that too. I got tired of waiting in line behind people who were buying 10 pounds packaged in 1 pound packages. I guess I'm not a patient person..........duh. Anyway, I asked the meat lady how much was an entire box (40 pounds) I said fine, I'll take that. So I came home and repackaged chicken breasts. Gee, I wonder what's for dinner.

Hope you are all having a productive weekend!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Heidi, I love your potlight story. Our electrician's wife has cancer, and he isn't available right now, so DH thought he'd do the job himself. He's done some wiring before, but we can totally relate to your story. We figure on about four hours for the first one.

Yes, Karen, it's the kitchen. Ah, togetherness.
How are feeling? Do you still have lots of energy? Morning sickness?

Bamie, that's so exciting about the clothes! And the trip with DH will be a real motivator!

Diamondgrrl7, it sounds like the wedding plans are going well! Congratulations on the three pounds!

Barb, congratulations on the 5k! Wow... what a crowd you had there! And very inspiring knowing there were so many cancer survivors attending.

Weezle, I hope things go better for you this week.

Mamacita... sending you creativity vibes! I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

RNMom, 40 pounds of chicken! You're amazing, woman!

Ruth, how is the puppy doing?

Yesterday was unproductive (other than assembling a stainless steel kitchen cart from Ikea), so I've got to get going today. If we can get the potlights up and the sound insulation in the ceiling, I'll be able to cook without bits of fluff and dirt falling into our food.
Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #12  

Good morning!

Yesterday was pretty unproductive for me as well. We bummed around with my mom for a bit in the morning, and we (or I should say, I) napped in the afternoon. When I got the chicken out of the fridge to make our dinner it smelled awful. We are at the tail end of the food in our house, so we went grocery shopping at 6:00ish and my poor kids didn't wind up eating until about 7:30. She was a trooper about it, which is great!

Ellis I actually feel great with the exception of being tired. My two cups of coffee and a Diet COke certainly masked any pregnancy fatigue. Now that I am haivng a half a cup in the morning, I am beat by about noon. I was never sick with my DD, so am hoping that this pregnancy is similar!

Off to make some of Barb's WW muffins for breakfast. Have a great day all!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:17 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm off to Church for ten this morning - joint Parish Service followed by a potluck which I'll skip. I have been completely off program for two days, at least. Just because food is blessed by an Archbishop does NOT make it OP, right? How about blessed by the Pope?

Morna and I keep missing each other. She has returned calls by voice mail and just says "I'll call later" so I suspect the wee furry is gone, not something you want to leave a message about. Failing puppy syndrome just happens, according to my vet, so I am trying not to feel so badly about Hershey's weight. There are still eleven very healthy puppies in the two litters.

The fourth and final re-enactment takes place at The Mill this afternoon when William Fortune comes back from the dead to tell us what it was like to survey this area in 1794. Doug looks the part - big guy, reddish beard and slight Irish accent - so it should go well. The script is together, I know what I am to wear as reporter so it's "break a leg" time! I must admit this exercise (writing four scripts and doing four performances) had been a lot of work but very enjoyable. However, I am glad it is the last one for this year! I'll get a little piece of my life back!

Gotta run and tiddle up for Church. Dull and rainy here for the third day in a row. Note to self: weather whining is a sign of old age so stop it!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #14  
I vant to draw your blood

Ok, Ruth...Break a Leg!! Hope you have a great day. So sorry about the puppy.

I'm off to be lazy for the morning.

Mamacita
Old 10-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick pop in. Not much happenin here today. No kids just a DH that's drivin me crazy followin me around! Goin to get my van cleaned out today no matter what! It should be no prob stayin on plan today but then again! hahaha
Have a good day Mama and Ruth! Sorry bout the pup! :-( Have a good time with the other!
Closed Thread