Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #1  

Default FRIENDS WITH RA & OA...#11

Good morning everyone. TGIF!! "Thank God It's Friday!" or "Thank God I'm Forgiven!"
Hope all are feeling as well as you can, this morning. I got up around 4 am...couldn't sleep. So, thought I'd post to my friends, & drink some coffee.

It's going to be an extra long day. Managers at the TV Station will be gone for the weekend. Meaning, I have the station alone until live programming at 4 pm. That's ok....it either just gets too quiet, or too busy! Never know from day to day. I also panic, if we go off the air. I'm afraid I'll push the wrong buttons! But, to think about it, how much harm can I do? We're already off the air!! It's funny how the phones go to ringing...people asking if we know we're off the air! Like....if I didn't have to answer the phones, I might get us back on sooner.

Well, we've had several days of rain, now it's turning colder. Hope it doesn't stay that way. We haven't gotten our winter clothes out, yet. Just have a sweater, & jacket. I suppose that's going to be on our list for the weekend.

Good to hear from you Young Grasshopper! You don't seem to mention your back problems as often as you did. Are you doing better, these days, or just not saying anything? I do hope you're better. I know for awhile, you sounded so miserable. I felt for you. When I first hurt my back in that car wreck, I couldn't get relief for about a year. I felt that dying would have been welcome if that was the life I was going to live. My neurologist said I was a very strong-willed person...that there were men that would take their own life in that kind of pain. I wasn't brave, or strong-willed (I didn't think). I didn't know I had a choice! I have a wonderful neurologist, though. He stayed with me & helped all he could, (& still does) until we found what would help. He's become a personal friend to me & DH through these years.

Well, I guess I'll go. Hope all of you have a good day! The link to the last thread is below, if anyone didn't read all of the posts.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post694338

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #2  

Hi Charlotte. So you have to work by yourself today. Well, it does have its merits as well. You could try getting on the air

Sorry to have been gone for so long. I have been away every weekend for so long, that it takes the week to recover so I can go again My son is getting married tomorrow and then HOPEFULLY, I can stay home. When I am going like that, I don't sleep well, and the fatigue takes over. I have been reading, just not posting.

Have been having problems with my back as well. I am off to the Chiro. this morning for the second time this week. Hopefully, this will take care of it. It felt pretty good yesterday, but he wants to see me again today. This Chiro. wants you to stay away as long as possible, so when he tells you to come in, you know you should.

I won't address everybody, because I have to get ready to leave. I just hope that you all have as painless Friday as possible. Think positive and have a wonderful day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #3  
RAR

Good Good Afternoon Ladies just wanted to pop in and wish everyone have a pain free Friday also Ohio is havibg some rain and chilly weather so it is really bothering my back more then usual just glad that I got the next 2 days off from work so I can take it easy and not do much lifting I dont even have any winters clothes out yet so that might be my project this weekend well ladies have a good one Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

I hope you all have a great weekend... Every day seems to be a little better. I still have the pain but that is going to take some time,so my Dr says.. He fooled around a good bit with my insides..
Hope all you guys are well ...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:17 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Joanne-great to hear that your at least feeling a little bit better. I am so sorry you had to go through surgery...

Rita-It's chilly and rainy here in Montana too. We must all be having the same weather. I at least feel pretty good, which is a definite plus.

HC-sorry 'bout your back. Hopefully the chiro can get all the kinks worked out of it. Have a great time at your son's wedding. When I got married the second time, I wish I would have had a small wedding. Instead we got married in front of the judge-at least he is one of my dad's oldest friends so it wasn't like we got married by a complete stranger.

Charlotte-How did your quiet day at work go? Mondays I always work by myself. Sometimes its a blessing and sometimes not...Depends on my mood and how much I have on my mind. I kind of enjoy the quiet though. I never seem to get much of it.

Has anyone heard from Okidoll? I haven't seen a post from her for a couple of weeks. Hope she's okay.

To the rest of you pain-sufferers or pain-tolerators...Have a great night and I will check back with you all.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #6  

Hi All!

Happy Saturday......rainy fall day here in NY. Thanks for the note Charlotte....nice to know that I was missed.

The back has it's good and bad days. I'm still looking into the WLS but not too sure. Guess I'll just have to take all the tests and pray a lot....think I might find an answer there. Thinking about trying a chiro myself....guy at work raved about this doc. that's actually on my health plan! Always been afraid to try going to a chiropractor but can't be any worse than considering surg.

Hope you had a good time at the wedding Canuk.....didn't hurt yourself doing the chicken dance or the hokeypokey....ever wonder who thought those dances up?

Okay, I'm rambling....hope everyone has a pain free weekend!

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #7  
RAR

Good Evening Ladies hope that you all had a pain free day well weather has really been chilly today but just spent the day doing nothing and enjoyed it!!!!!!Joanne glad that you are up and about hope that you are feeling better :smile:hopeing the rest of you ladies have a great evening!!!!!!!!Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #8  

hello friends!
hoping everyone is doing ok!
its been unualy cold and damp which has my feet in trouble.
i just came off a pred burst.
my wrist and feet were screaming.
doing pretty much better now!
thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

chris my siamese cat name is DC
named him after that darn cat!
he is my cutie!
everyone have a great sunday!
doni
Attached Images
File Type: gif Donihalloween1-Claudia.gif (18.1 KB, 28 views)
siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:36 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Doni-
Don't you just hate the weather...Seems like it messes with everything. We've been fairly chilly here and rainy. I feel worse from my allergies than the RA right now. For some oddball reason when the humidity changes I get really dizzy and lightheaded. Fall is my worst season for allergies so far.

My feet are achy but mainly in the morning when I first get up and when I've been sitting down for awhile. I'm hoping that by losing some weight that they will feel better somewhat.

To everyone-hope you're all feeling good or at the very least...better. Reading everybody's post, it sounds like we are all having the same kind of weather. Hope it isn't creating too much havoc in everyone's lives. Well have a great day and be good to yourselves.
~chris
Old 10-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #10  
Hang In There

Hi group, haven't been around in a while, but still around. I've been feeling pretty good lately, but today I'm really hurting, but it is my own fault. I pushed myself too hard yesterday, had too much fun and paying for it today.
I went to a "toursity" town with a church group and walked around way too much, but we did go to a fantastic concert, OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL. It was so much fun!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Ageoldie-
Glad to see you're back. I love to wander around touristy towns. They are too much fun. Hopefully your pain will only last a short while.

Well just had to say hi...I have to get back to working on my daughter's Halloween costume. She wanted to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

~chris
Old 10-18-2004, 09:11 PM   #12  

Hello everyone...

So good to read all the posts! Friday was VERY busy, but went well. I was glad to see Connie come back today, though. It DOES get lonely when no one else is at the station.

We've been having some very rainy weather the last few days. Tornado watches & warnings out all through today. Hit a town not far from us.

Happy Canuk...Good to hear from you. Hope the wedding goes well. You'll need to rest quite a bit afterward, you know. Weddings really do me in!

Joanne...Glad you're recovering, although it's slow. I've had several surgeries. I reallly feel for you.

Hello to eveyone else. Enjoyed reading all the posts. Maybe I can get back online tomorrow. I've got to work on the picture album all I can.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Good morning,

Just had to do a quick post before getting Kayla from school. Where I live, one of the radios stations does A GREAT PUMPKIN CAPER. You get clues from area businesses and try to find a pumpkin they have hidden in the listening area. Pumpkin #1 was found yesterday, so my sister and I are going to gather our clues for #2 today.

I've been doing good staying on program and lost 2 lbs. since last week. Drinking lots of water seems to help out. With my RA, I even feel better.

Doni-how is your weight loss battle going? How are you feeling? I know you were having a hard time. Please let me know how you're feeling. Maybe you're methotrexate needs to be increased a bit. That helped me out alot. Of course, I have to go in for blood work every 2 months and chest x-rays every 6. My doc is a cautious person. He's also a member of my church.

Hi Charlotte, Rita, Joanne, and all my achy friends. Stay happy and hopeful and be good to yourselves. I have to get out of here...school is out in just a little bit and Nicole needs to get dressed. Talk to you all soon.

~chris
Old 10-20-2004, 09:00 AM   #14  
Hang In There

I just wanted to share my "news" I got a letter from my PCP yesterday saying that she was no longer going to be on my insurance plan. As I don't think I can pay her out of network charges, I will have to find a new doctor. That dosen't make me feel warm and fuzzy right now. At least my Rheumy didn't send the letter.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #15  

Hello everyone.

Ageoldie....sorry about your PCP. Maybe things will work out. I hope so. It's good to hear from you, though. Loved your graphic.

Hi Chrily...I like the idea of the clues of the pumpkin. Sounds like fun. A good way to gain listeners to the radio station, also. We might try something like that at the TV Station for Christmas! Thanks for the idea.
Speaking of getting someone ready for school...our son is living with us temporarily & has joint custody of his 2 little girls. This week they're here, & the 5 yr old is in school. Well, he was sick this morning....so, I had to dress her (NOT a morning child! ) & take her to school. I know why God gave us our children while we were young!

Hello Siamese, Young Grasshopper, Happy Canuk...everyone. Hope you have a pain-free day!