Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#9)

Sherry
10-13-2004, 09:21 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomefall4

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
10-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Debbie, it sounds like the girl didn't let your hair process out long enough if it is still at the orange stage. You SHOULD be able to find someone that may be able to continue the process. Did she pull your hair through a frosting cap? If so, it will be VERY diificult for ANYONE to duplicate and pull the same strands again. Your best bet may be to go with just a solid hair color for awhile and not do the highlights right now. Of course it's hard to say until someone can actually see the hair. PLEASE deep condition your hair! With all the chemicals on it, it will be very porous!!! GOOD LUCK!

DebbieA
10-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Well another day at the hair salon!! LOL

Gayle....I went today to try and fix the damage. The guy today said that too dark of a base was put on my hair. He said like a permanant marker..LOL. Well anyway it can't be processed back very light without stripping my hair, which I didn't want. He did get all the orange and pink out of though!! :)
SO...now I have dark hair for the winter with a few highlights around my face. It's 100 % better than yesterday and I can live with it now.
One thing for sure....I sure have an expenive hair do!!

Carol101
10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope this day finds everyone reasonably healthy and happy!!! :wave:

Debbie: I am glad you got your hair back to a suitable color, athough it is a shame it ended up costing you so much. How are your sinuses doing? Are you feeling better? Have you got the sugar monster under control? :lol:

Sherry: I voted for one pillow, but it has to be a very thin one. I can't stand the thick ones.. I wake up with my neck hurting. How did you do staying OP yesterday?

How about you Gayle? Is hiding all those goodies from sight helping?

How did everyone else do staying OP. We can do this. together.. :grouphug:

I made it through day 2 OP and now am shooting for day 3. Come join me ladies. We can do this together!!!

Have a wonderful day girls!!

gdeann
10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Great job staying OP Carol!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Hiding the snacks helps me sooooooooooooo much! Even though I know they are there, it helps having them boxed away. YES! I'm staying OP! AMAZING, huh????

Deb, glad your hair is back to some-what normal. Sounds like she used a very dark toner and your hair really grabbed the color. We had to strip Liz's hair about 1 year ago... she experimented too much! :-)

Deelite
10-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Debbie I am sorry that you had to go through so much trouble with your hair. I am glad that you are happy with it now.

Shelley are you feeling better today? I am going to post on the exercise thread after I post here.

Carol that is good that you are eatting healthy. It makes us feel so much better when we are in ccontrol. How is the pain today?

Gayle alright girl, you are doing it. I have been careful with what I am eatting too! I will see how I have done in a few days.

Gee I know what it is like for Larry to type with 9 fingers. I cut my finger at the tip on a can and I can't use it. Larry cut off part of his finger off, I am not even sure if he uses the stub or just the other fingers.

Ok ladies, if I can exercise so can you! Why not match me mile for mile this month? I am going to count every 20 minutes of exercise as a mile. The chalenge is on. Hope to see you post on the exercise thread. Debbie and Sherry if you still have your membership at the YMCA it is wasting, we want you wasting.

gdeann
10-15-2004, 12:50 AM
I may just join you guys over on the exercise thread soon. I'm working on taking baby steps and forming into a healthy habit. This week I've concentrated on journaling and making sure I post on the food thread. I just checked, I journaled and stayed OP 7 days in a row now! YIPPEEE-YI-YAYYYY!!!!

gdeann
10-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Dee, take care of the finger!

Carol101
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies: :wave:

Dee: Oh, I bet that smarted when you cut your finger. Take care of it. You don't want it to get infected.

Gayle: WTG!!! 7 wonderful days in control and journaling too. :bravo:
I am so proud of you. Your doing a great job!!! Keep it up.

I am on day 4 now. I made it through 3 whole days and counting. More days means less of me!!! WooHoo...

Have a great day everyone!!!

ShelleyM
10-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Good going Gayle and Dee!!

I'm off today, a teacher duty day and was told I didn't have to report in. Yay!! I'm gonna try to get my long run in today because Sat morning a friend and I are going for a pedicure (a late birthday present to me from her.) I have been feeling much better, but now Patty has it. She had no voice yesterday. She's not up yet, so I don't know how she is today.
Did I tell you girls about the irate parent we had the other day? It was horrible and now she is not allowed on the property at all. I won't go into details on here, but it was a very unpleasant situation!
One of Becky's friends' mom was killed the day before yesterday. She ran into a tree. 45 years old. She used to take Hebrew lessons with me. You never know when your day has come, so live each day to the fullest!

Carol101
10-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Shelley: That irate parent must have been pretty bad if she is no longer allowed on the property!! Wow. The things you must have to endure.... I am sorry to hear about Becky's friend's mom. That has to be rough. You are right, we must live our days as if they might be our last because you never know. Have fun with your friend and getting your pedicure!! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope Becky is better too! Have a wonderful day!

gdeann
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
So nice to come here this morning and see a few postings!!!!!

Great job Carol staying OP!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley, so sorry to hear about the mother. Are there other children besides the young girl? How truly sad... I agree, we need to make the most of what we have while we can. I hope Patty is feeling better today!

I'm staying OP! I worried this week because Steve was out of town for most of it. I tend to blow my eating plan with the girls. Last night Liz hinted how I usually take them out to eat one time while their dad is gone. I gave her the money and had her drive through somewhere for the two them. I had a nice, huge diet pop. :-)

Deelite
10-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Gayle you are doing great. It has been awhile since you have been on program that long. I hope to see you on the exercise thread soon. I know you can do it. I am sending strength your way to stay on plan.

Carol keep going. You are doing a wonderful job. That will be nice to see less of you and I don't mean by posting.

Shelley that is so sad for Becky's friends family. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Now to get the rest of the family better. Your job does entale quit a bit of variety and stress. I hope that you will not have to deal with that parent again. Hoe do you like it now that Mike is working. Are you cooking the dinners?

We got the message last night that you never want to ever get at 4:15 am. Dez tex messaged us that she was in the hospital. My heart just about stopped when I heard that. When we finally got to talk to her she told us that she was at the universitys bar. It is a small town so don't worry about the bar. She had a few drinks and the bar was crowded. Friends called her over from across the room. As she made her way over she fell on her butt (nothing abnormal about that because she is a clutz) not knowing that there was a broken beer bottle on the floor. She ended up falling right on it. She said that it felt wet and sort of hurt but wasn't sure what happenned. She didn't think that it was a big deal until she felt with her fingers and her finger went into a hole up to the second knuckle. She asked on of her friends to check it to see if she needed to go to the hospital. When her friend seen it she yelled on my God and just about passed out. It was bad. She had two punctures and it was gushing blood. The most sober person out of the group decided to drive her friends car. One of the guys gave Dez their shirt because it was bleeding so bad and to prevent the car from getting full of blood. They got lost on the way and it took longer than it should have. She had to get a tetnus shot, and a antibiotic shot. When the doctor seen it she needed to clean it out alot because it had a lot of glass and jean matterial in it. She ended up with five stitches and sore butt. The moral of the story is if you don't want to elavate your butt to the world watch where you park it. Poor kid.

gdeann
10-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Dee, tell Dez she gives new meaning to the expression "pain in the butt"!!!!
Thank goodness she is ok, it could of been so much worse if she fell just right getting an arm or a leg. The puncture must of been fairly big to require 5 stitches. I hope she's back to normal soon! OUCH!!!!!!!

gdeann
10-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Dee & Shelley swayed me over to the exercise board. Please join in! These two gals are AWESOME!

Have you guys heard of a new reality show on Bravo called Manhunt? It's about the search for a male supermodel. Our little neighbor kid grew up and is one of the contestants! His name is Tate, you can go to bravo.com, click on the show and then click on models, you can pull each one of the contestants up and read their bio.

Deelite
10-16-2004, 01:14 AM
Gayle that is funny, I told Dez what you said. Glad you joined us on the exercise board. Hey we will do it together. Shelley may have to drag us but we are up for the ride. Well I am just going to check out Tate....hmmm

Quiet here tonight but not in my house. Larry is tearing the closet apart in our bedroom. Since our house was built in 1928 they made the closets on the small side so we are going to extend it a bit and put in two doors. Larry will frame it tomorrow and then drywall it. We will probably only paint it next weekend. This winter we would like to tear Dez's walls down and put up drywall and paint it. She like blue so I will see what I can do with it. I also want to do the bathroom. I have a hand painted mexican sink. It is dark blue with bright yellow sunflowers. I have all the accessories that go with it to. We also will redo the cedar walls and put drywall and refinish the tub and put in a fancy shower with all the message jets. I think that I earned that one. Lots of work we will see what we will get done.

Well maybe Larry will quiet down so I can get some sleep. We have been sleeping in our Tropical Paradise because the paint fews were still strong now all the clothes that were in the closet are on our bed. Next week maybe but I don't mind sleeping surrounded by palm trees and beaches. Nightie, night!

Deelite
10-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh yes Sherry I was the one in the survey that sleeps with 4 pillows, you know that the Princess can't let you down.

Shelley I don't think I asked but how was the pedicure? What color are your nails? I had a pedicure yesterday. What joy.

ShelleyM
10-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I was at the ER last night until 2:30. My dad has been having pains in his stomach and finally decided to go. They ended up admitting him. When we left, he still was waiting to go up to the room. My mom hasn't driven in a few years, and now needs to drive to the hospital. We took her home, but she is going to drive in today. I'm thinking about following her, but I have that damn pedicure appointment this morning that I can't get out of. I am hoping that she will wait for me. That ER stinks. We were there from 9:00 last night. They said that Dad has some kind of obstruction in his bowels. He had colon cancer about 10 years ago and they removed a section of his colon. He also had an angioplast at that same time. My mom is so scared. I really think that he is will be just fine, but we'll have to see. At any rate, I'll let you all know what happens.

gdeann
10-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Shelley, I'm saying prayers for your dad... hopefully it isn't anything too serious. Please let us know when you can. Could someone else drive or follow your mom? Maybe she will decide to wait on you. PLEASE go and have your pedicure, nothing can change what is happening. Try to relax and enjoy your gift, your dad and mom will be ok. LOVE YOU!

gdeann
10-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Dee, are you putting the sink in Dez's room? The one with the sunflowers? You could always paint the room a rich blue and add handpainted sunflower swags to the wall as accented. If you want to learn to paint easy sunflowers, I'll send you some info.

siamese
10-16-2004, 12:04 PM
hello friends!
shelly, im sorry to hear bout your dad ,how is he doing?

dee,sorry bout dez,good grief!
hope she is ok.

deb,did you get your hair fixed?
i have had that happen to me not a pretty site!

gayle,i still need to crack down on this house,the faster i go the behinder i get.
how is allison?

carol,this post is for you!
first off bigger than big hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:
i can honestly say i understand and feel your pain!
i was diagnosed with rhumatoid arthritis 6 yrs ago and i thought this is it my world is coming to a end,my hopes my dreams gone.....
with that being said...
:drill:
you can beat ra!
dont let it beat you!
my dr. told me cuz i was overweight the pain was worse cuz i was unactive(i was working at the time)
i would be in a wheelchair cuz my ra affects the blood as well,i could no longer work couldnt wear shoes good at all id sit for hours holding my big toes crying and rocking and thru the burning numbness heartbeat,pounding,whitelite busting thru your eyes even considered cutting it off!
how could somthing so little hurt so big!
what can i do i cried to him several visits and meds later.
you gotta choice.....
ra and the ra clan.fibromylia (sp)sojersyns ok i cant spell it! disease and reg.oa has 2 things in common,
they steal and they hurt!
of course taking the meds is crucial and some are unpleasant,prednesone but you can side step it.ive proved it carol.
if they give you pred burst first thing cut down on the salt cuz you will swell.
watch out for gas inducers i do have to alarm the family cuz preds gives gas.
you can lose weight on preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you hear me!
you can lose weight on preds!
you will have hot flashes prior to a ra flare up watch for em!
you will notice the feet and ankles and knuckles of finger turning slightly red watch out drink water and hot baths,for its a flare up,reduce that sweeling as fast as you can,no sweeling no pain!
get it?
i know this because i have no ins. and cant get the care or meds i realy need.
i have scoured everything i can get my hands on about this unseen disease!
i say unseen because if a person doesnt have ra which is the worse of the arthrisitis family they dont understand how you feel cuz its inside unless you have nodules or crippled up fingers as a result of no treatment they cant see it and it makes you feel very alone.
now,you realy need to exercise,i know i know!
your feet and ankles feel like glass about to fracture after getting up and walking,the gristling and cracking are endless,does your feet burn to the fact that whlie sleeping so that its excruiating for the other foot to touch it?
yep me to,wrap ice cold washrags around your feet,reduces the beating pressure,
dr.said if you dont wanna be on a cane,walker,wheelchair keep moving even tho you feel like dying.
once you get stiff your down for days.
walking with leslie sansone BAREFOOTis aceptable to ra it doesnt mind it.
i have been doing pilates for im getting ra in my spine the fluid movement are realxing and beneficial to those that have ra it will stretch you out and you wont be as tite in the joints.
im sorry this so long girls but i needed to tell carol that there is life after ra!
its not a death warrant.
i no your depressed i went in a depressed state of shock as well.
you can beat this and i know there is no cure but...
you can make it easier by knowing how it works and how to live with it.
and one more thing!
ra has a factor that it loves and feeds and grows off STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you have a stressful situaion and we all do prepare cuz the destructor will come looking for you!
beat him!
you can email me or talk to me about it whenever you need to.
remember ...
DONT LET IT WIN!
MANY HUGS,
doni

Deelite
10-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Doni I didn't realize that you suffered from ra. I know that it must be touch but you have a good attitude and are equiped with all the info.

Shelley I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I will pray for him and hope that everything will go well.

Gayle the sunflower sink is going in the main floor bathroom which is located right beside Dez's room. I would love the info on how to paint the sunflowers. I love them. I have a beautiful border of sunflowers in my sunroom. It looks like it is hand painted because the edges are cut to the shape of the flowers and it looks like you can see the brush strokes. It might be a good idea to do her room with blue and with the sunflowers, it will help tie in the rest of the house. I was thinking of painted it blue and yellow so it had the french feel.

So where is everyone else. Did you get to skinny to post?

gdeann
10-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Dee, I'll put some info together and send it out to you this week. I STILL want to paint the Wizard of Oz characters in Allisons room and accent with the painted sunflowers, since that is the Kansas state flower. Allison LOVES anything concerning the Wizard of Oz! She wants to be Dorothy when she grows up. LOL!

gdeann
10-16-2004, 03:53 PM
ohhhhhh! Dee! You just helped me figure something out! I've been looking for a sunflower bedspread for when I do Allison's room. So far, I haven't found any I like in the colors I like, plus they are all expensive. I think I will get a rich navy blue, solid bedspread and paint the sunflowers on it with fabric paint. That way the sunflowers on the wall will match her bedding.

Deelite
10-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Hey that is perfect Gayle. I am sure that with your talent it will look beautiful. I didn't realize that you were going to send me the info by mail, that is so sweet of you. I really appreciate it. Tell Allison since she already lives in Kansas that if she wants to be Dorthy she can fly away to Winnipeg. I will be here waiting for her. How is she feeling?

gdeann
10-16-2004, 04:52 PM
It looks worse then it feels~~ She is complaining of tenderness, more so since the swelling went down. I think with the swelling she also had some numbness. She is still limping but it didn't effect her "spunkiness"!!!! Opinionated as ever!
She sat out during PE at school all of last week, this week I think she may be ok as long as they are not running.

gdeann
10-16-2004, 04:55 PM
If I could arrange it, I would fly with her on down to winnipeg and paint the sunflowers for you!

Hey Doni, why don't you share the picture of you wearing your thong with the gals here???? LOL!!!!!

Sherry
10-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey :wave:

I'm sorry for not posting the last couple of days. Been running crazy! :yikes:

Since we only have 1 car right now, I've been having to work things out with Wayne going to the Dr. a few times. Wayne fell at work on his knee. To make a long story short...He tore his Meniscus. His surgery will be Oct. 25th. He's having a hard time with it. It hurts and it's hard for him to walk.

Gayle....I think Tate is the best looking guy on that site!!! What a cutie-pie! And wow...he grew up in the home with 5 boys! He seems so sweet according to his interview. I'm wishing him luck! I think it comes on tonight...need to check again.

I have so much to do before bed.We have a game tomorrow so I'll post again tomorrow night (If I'm not too tired) or Monday.

Love to all.......BIG HUGS!

siamese
10-16-2004, 09:06 PM
gayle,your a riot!i cant imagine wearing a thong!
lol!
course its better than my panties falling round my anles!
lol
hey im gonna try to send a pic. of my dd ill see if it comes thru!
doni

siamese
10-16-2004, 09:14 PM
catagan's first fish!

siamese
10-16-2004, 09:15 PM
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL520/2717422/5435773/69831830.jpg

siamese
10-16-2004, 09:17 PM
here is brianhttp://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL520/2717422/5435773/69831849.jpg

ShelleyM
10-16-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't have a whole lot of time to post, since I have lots of laundry that should have been started this morning. Turns out my dad has probably scared tissue from where they put his colon back together 10 years ago. It's making things not be able to pass through. He is on IV only for 48 hours, then they are going to try to start with liquids and soft foods to see if they can keep from operating. Otherwise, they will have to open him up so that they can scrape the scaring away or else put a balloon to open it up. I ended up having my mom drive with me in the car and I left my car at her house. She did great on the driving. I think she'll be fine with it. My friend picked me up from the hospital and took me for the most wonderful pedicure. The color is a pinky red. Then she took me back to the hospital, where I stayed then took my mother out shopping, so that she didn't just sit there and watch Dad sleep. We came back and I took her back to her house at 6:00. She says that she is going to drive in herself tomorrow. Becky came by the hospital all dressed up for homecoming, and she looked absolutely beautiful. I wish I had the digital camera with me at the time, but of course I forgot to bring it. She had her hair highlighted, and they twisted the front of her hair. My baby has grown up!!
I really have to make this short, since I only got 3 hrs sleep last night. I am going to run in the morning, since I couldn't today, then go back to the hospital.
BTW, Doni and Gayle--WOOHOO!!! You are both doing awesome. Gayle-I'm so glad you decided to join Dee and me over at the exercise thread! I am so proud of you!

gdeann
10-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Doni ~~~ GREAT PICTURES! Your little sweetie looks just like her mom! Did you guys go fishing close by where you live? It looks really pretty.

Sher ~~~ Tell Wayne good luck with his surgery. Is he still trying to work? I know you are tired with all of the stress, we LOVE hearing from you! BTW: I'm not even going to ask where the "Meniscus" is...although, maybe you could kiss it and make it better??? LOL!

Sherry ~~~ I hope Becky has fun tonight! Is she in the running for Homecoming queen? Hopefully your dad will get along ok... did they say what they will do if he continues to have problems? Thank goodness he beat his cancer years ago and continues to be cancer free!!!

siamese
10-17-2004, 04:28 AM
thanks gayle,she does look like her daddy tho.

it was taken at the wabash river bout 30 min. away.
we had a found a real part we could drive rite down into.

we got catfish that day,
my girlfriend took the pics ain june and it took her all this time to figure out how to download so i could have em.

sherry,im sorry bout wayne's knee,prayers are with him for a speedy recovery!

i posted eats and exercise.
im with it tonite!

ShelleyM
10-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Doni-Your pictures are beautiful. Who is the little boy? We were posting at the same time last night, so I didn't even see the pix!

Carol101
10-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow, so much can happen in a few days.

Gayle: Is Allison's ankle all better? I am sure she will just love a sunflower bedspread and it will mean so much to her that you painted it yourself!!

Dee: I am glad Dez is starting to feel better. What a freak accident!! Sounds like you have some great renovation plans. I think it will look absolutely wonderful when it is done. And more room in a closet.. what more could you ask for. :lol: Hope your feeling better too..

Sherry: My thoughts are with Wayne in his pain. I am sure the surgery will go well and he will be his ole self in no time. Everytime you think you might get a chance to slow down, something else happens. Isn't that just the way of things.

Shelley: I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Keep us up to date on his progress. My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery. It has to be hard on you worrying about you Mom and Dad both. Trying to be everything to everyone. I know... I have been there and continue to be there. Hang in ther girl!! I hope Becky had a great time at her homecoming!!

Doni: Thank you so very very very much for your post to me on RA. Wow. I didn't know what you have been through. While I don't have RA, but osteoarthritis, I am sure some of your advise will work for me as well. I printed out that post so I can check back on it from time to time. I love you for sharing with me. I think I am getting past the depression stage and am ready to start fighting back. Right now I am just on anti-inflammatory medicine and pain pills, but I intend to check with the Doctor the next trip to see what else I can do help myself. Thanks again. By the way. Great pics!!

Debbe: Where are you? Are you staying OP with me? We can get rid of that Sugar Monster together. Come post girl!! Miss you!! Love you.

To all of my floozie friends... Have a wonderful day!!

siamese
10-17-2004, 10:41 AM
hello friends!
shelly,the boy with catagan is adam he belongs to my best friend.
we knew each other since we were 5.
we got pregnant together and catagan and adam are a month apart.
there buddies!

carol,glad to be of any help!
here if you need me!

have a great op day!
doni

ShelleyM
10-17-2004, 08:32 PM
My Dad is much better today. They let him have jello and bouillion. He refused to eat the jello though, because he wanted fruit in it! For dinner, they let him have cream of mushroom soup and pudding. If it all goes through him, then tomorrow he will get oatmeal. He got a roommate, so he said he's leaving tomorrow after the dr. sees him. I am hoping that the dr. will let him off the IV so that he can leave. He can be so honory, I know he is feeling better. Says he doesn't want a roommate because he doesn't want to see anyone die. The guy they put there is 10 years younger than him. He wasn't placed there yet when we left. This hospital doesn't have any single rooms. Keep your fingers crossed that the dr will let him out, because I'm not sure what he'll do if he doesn't.

Sherry
10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Shelley....I will keep my fingers crossed :crossed: that your Dad will get to go home tomorrow.He's been in my prayers. :angel:

Hello to all.....I'm soooooo tired! :( My legs & feet are killing me from working 9 hours at the game. We never get to sit down. I'm taking my shower then taking my leg pill and going to bed. I'm hurting tonight.

Love & Hugs to all.........

Sherry
10-17-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm going to start a new thread before I take my shower.

BTW: Debbie's hair looks so good!!!! She looks so much younger!!

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Go To #10 .........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! :D