Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2004, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/222.2/140

Height: 5' 9"

Default New Ten Day Challenge (October)

Hope everyone makes it over. I have been doing OK with my challenge. I am just completed day 9. One more to go.

Linda - congrats on your weight loss. Does your plan allow you to nibble raw veggies when your hungry?? I find chewing gum sometimes help me, just the motion of my jaws going fools me into thinking I'm eating.

Skinnyjeans - well done on the weight loss. .5 pound might not feel much but it all adds up.

Elanajel - keep going, your are so close to your goal now!!

Apple - your cookie loophole made me laugh. I do that sort of stuff too.

Dragon2fly - you have such a great attitude, I need to get some of that.

Brenda - good for you pushing through the resistance to exercise barrier

Gwill - only one more day now - keep going. Elison you keep pushing on too.

Olive2 -its always a fright when you start journaling. You've taken the first step now you can pinpoint the habits you want to work on.

Welcome Maimers, Kitty and Vollybchick - you will love this thread.
EternalDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 AM   #2  
Ready to be a BIG loser

Default I made it!

Here I am; do I need to subscribe to this new thread? I'm in R2D4 (I think - I'll have to look back at the old thread). Doing good w/water. Will ck back later today.
hevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #3  
Hip & fit but... chubby

Hey, I found ya

I'm starting over, day 1 of no sugar for me
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  

Default Day 7

Hi everyone,

Today is day 7. I made it through my challenge on yesterday. I did good on the water - 80 ozs., exercise & fruits/veggies.

EternalDieter - Good for you! You can Do it!

Hevron & ElisaB - Glad you are hanging in there!

Have a great day everyone!
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 AM   #5  

Default day one

thank everyone! Today is day one for me. I am really upset though because i was down to 205 and was soo proud of myself i let myself go back up to 225. Well i am on 1,200 calorie diet and excerising more. Today i did 15 mis on the bowflex and plan on going for a nice 30 min walk. is that enough excerise? well i really plan on doing my diert this time and not falling off the wagon.

hw-272
cw- 225
gw- 180
vollybchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #6  

well yesterday I ran a mile, walked a mile and even went to the gym and lifted weights for a while. I plan on doing the same today but doing my arms at the gym rather then hurting my legs by doing then 2 days in a row. At around noon I will go and run and maybe even take Jasmine for a walk. Either way I will get my workout done since hubby gets off early today. so today is the end of rd 3! Horray!
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #7  

Hey everyone. Thanks for the warm welcomes. I appreciate it. Well, here I am at R1D2. I did well yesterday. Drank tons of water (I actually can't remember how many bottles I went through). I wasn't able to exercise yesterday because I had class right after work. Tonight I can't get it in either. It's mother/daughter night tonight. My mom, sister, best friend, and her mom (her mom and my mom went to high school together and have remained close since then) are going to dinner, then we're going to a psychic. Something a little different then our normal dinner and a movie (or dinner and some gambling in Atlantic City). So, I won't be able to get any exercise time in tonight since we're heading out right from work. But tomorrow I'll be good. My best friend and I are heading to Weight Watchers, then to Curves, then for a walk around the park. Should be a nice night. The one thing I've been good about all week is staying within my Points range. So I've got something going for me! : D Well,that' about it. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone that's stuck to their 10 day goals! And if you were unable to, don't give up. You just have to get back on the horse and try again. And if you need help, you know where to turn!!!!
Maimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #8  

Thanks for making a new thread! I'm almost done with day 4 but I've felt pretty lazy today. I'll blame it on the rain.

dragon2fly- I guess I do have quite a bit of upper body strength. You should see me try to do squats or crunches though, it's not pretty.
punkinbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #9  

Day 4 is done.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:38 AM   #10  

dragon2fly-thanks for the advice and encouragement. I've been thinking about it and I SHOULD be able to stick to my challenge while I'm visiting my in-laws. If I'm feeling stressed I can have a glass of wine instead of a beer. Besides, lately I haven't been able to sleep well if I drink something so if I can remind myself of that, I can get through. And like I said previously, it gets easier to stick to the challenge once you get to day 8,9,10...I'll even add an extra "rule": no fast food on the drive there & back. I'll pack a whole bunch of fruit to munch on in the car.
And there's always the cookie loop-hole....
I'd really like to be down another 3 pounds be the end of next week.....
Oh, I almost forgot!
One day, 1 face!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/222.2/140

Height: 5' 9"

Well ladies its good news and bad news for me today. Good news first, I completed my first ten day challenge

: angel:

The bad news is I weighed in today and I've put on a pound I will be kind and tell myself that it is muscle but I know it is really to do with my sugar addiction. Sooooo starting from tomorrow my ten day challenge will be to eat no sugar - that's a real tough one for me.

Hevron - I don't know if you have to subscribe to this thread.
ElisaB, Punkinbutt. Maimers and Brenda - good job on keeping on track with your challenges. Keep going, another round will be under your belt soon.

Vollybchick - I know it is hard when you regress a little on the weight front, but you haven't sabotaged all your good work so far and that is the important thing. We are going to meet our weight loss targets if we just keep plodding on.

Have a great day ladies.
EternalDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:31 AM   #12  
Dragon2Fly

Hello ladies! D8 completed!!! Almost there!
I'm still a bit low on the exercise side My nose is so clogged... The only good thing about it is that I drink tons of water (herbal teas, vitamins, juice made of grapefruit and orange,...)
I already plan the next round when I will put extra efforts into exercise (I think I will make a minor, not so challenging, plan, just to creat a habit to do it regularly without excuses).

EternalDieter - BRAVO!!! YOU MADE IT! As for the bad news - don't worry too much about it. Sometimes we make extra efforts and don't see results immediately, but on the other hand, such efforts make us disciplined, more determined and thus more close to our final goal. I weighed in a couple of days ago, too, and faced the shocking news: no progress at all! Can you imagine, after 5 days of sugar ban! But the truth is that I probably burnt less energy and had more high-fat or high-calorie food and voila - blame it on the scale! However, what is really good is that we are on the track, we now know that it is possible to discipline our bodies, introduce new habits and control our body and our lives to a great extent. It's just that results sometimes are a bit late and we are often very impatient And I decided to weigh in at the beginning and end of each round, not in between
See you tomorrow!
dragon2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:02 AM   #13  

Default Day 8

Moring Ladies!

Day 8 for me. 2 more to go to complete round 1. I am thinking about what to add for round 2.

Congrats EternalDieter on the 10 days!!!!

Apple - Good for you for making a decision to stick with challenge at in-laws. Just take it 1 day at a time.

Dragon2fly - I hope you get to feeling better!

Wishing you all a successful day on your challenges!

Have a great day!
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Round 1 Day 9.

I haven't worked out today, but I just know I am going to fit it in somewhere because I'm so close to making it now. I've done really good with my excercise this week and I really want to see a difference on the scale. I think this will encourage me to eat well this weekend.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #15  

Done with day 5, half-way there!