Weight Loss Support - New Ten Day Challenge (October)

View Full Version : New Ten Day Challenge (October)

EternalDieter
10-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Hope everyone makes it over. I have been doing OK with my challenge. I am just completed day 9. One more to go.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Linda - congrats on your weight loss. Does your plan allow you to nibble raw veggies when your hungry?? I find chewing gum sometimes help me, just the motion of my jaws going fools me into thinking I'm eating.

Skinnyjeans - well done on the weight loss. .5 pound might not feel much but it all adds up.

Elanajel - keep going, your are so close to your goal now!!

Apple - your cookie loophole made me laugh. I do that sort of stuff too.

Dragon2fly - you have such a great attitude, I need to get some of that.

Brenda - good for you pushing through the resistance to exercise barrier

Gwill - only one more day now - keep going. Elison you keep pushing on too.

Olive2 -its always a fright when you start journaling. You've taken the first step now you can pinpoint the habits you want to work on.

Welcome Maimers, Kitty and Vollybchick - you will love this thread.

hevron
10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Here I am; do I need to subscribe to this new thread? I'm in R2D4 (I think - I'll have to look back at the old thread). Doing good w/water. Will ck back later today.

ElisaB
10-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey, I found ya :dizzy:

I'm starting over, day 1 of no sugar for me :)

bburoughs
10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Today is day 7. I made it through my challenge on yesterday. I did good on the water - 80 ozs., exercise & fruits/veggies.

EternalDieter - Good for you! You can Do it!

Hevron & ElisaB - Glad you are hanging in there!

Have a great day everyone!

vollybchick
10-13-2004, 12:23 PM
thank everyone! Today is day one for me. I am really upset though because i was down to 205 and was soo proud of myself i let myself go back up to 225. Well i am on 1,200 calorie diet and excerising more. Today i did 15 mis on the bowflex and plan on going for a nice 30 min walk. is that enough excerise? well i really plan on doing my diert this time and not falling off the wagon.

hw-272
cw- 225
gw- 180

gabwill
10-13-2004, 12:58 PM
well yesterday I ran a mile, walked a mile and even went to the gym and lifted weights for a while. I plan on doing the same today but doing my arms at the gym rather then hurting my legs by doing then 2 days in a row. At around noon I will go and run and maybe even take Jasmine for a walk. Either way I will get my workout done since hubby gets off early today. so today is the end of rd 3! Horray!

Maimers
10-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks for the warm welcomes. :) I appreciate it. Well, here I am at R1D2. I did well yesterday. Drank tons of water (I actually can't remember how many bottles I went through). I wasn't able to exercise yesterday because I had class right after work. Tonight I can't get it in either. It's mother/daughter night tonight. My mom, sister, best friend, and her mom (her mom and my mom went to high school together and have remained close since then) are going to dinner, then we're going to a psychic. Something a little different then our normal dinner and a movie (or dinner and some gambling in Atlantic City). So, I won't be able to get any exercise time in tonight since we're heading out right from work. But tomorrow I'll be good. My best friend and I are heading to Weight Watchers, then to Curves, then for a walk around the park. Should be a nice night. :) The one thing I've been good about all week is staying within my Points range. So I've got something going for me! : D Well,that' about it. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone that's stuck to their 10 day goals! And if you were unable to, don't give up. You just have to get back on the horse and try again. And if you need help, you know where to turn!!!! :D

punkinbutt
10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks for making a new thread! I'm almost done with day 4 but I've felt pretty lazy today. I'll blame it on the rain. :D

dragon2fly- I guess I do have quite a bit of upper body strength. You should see me try to do squats or crunches though, it's not pretty. :lol:

punkinbutt
10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Day 4 is done. :cp:

Apple Blossom
10-14-2004, 02:38 AM
dragon2fly-thanks for the advice and encouragement. I've been thinking about it and I SHOULD be able to stick to my challenge while I'm visiting my in-laws. If I'm feeling stressed I can have a glass of wine instead of a beer. Besides, lately I haven't been able to sleep well if I drink something so if I can remind myself of that, I can get through. And like I said previously, it gets easier to stick to the challenge once you get to day 8,9,10...I'll even add an extra "rule": no fast food on the drive there & back. I'll pack a whole bunch of fruit to munch on in the car.
And there's always the cookie loop-hole.... :cookie: :cookie:
I'd really like to be down another 3 pounds be the end of next week.....
Oh, I almost forgot!
One day, 1 face! :p

EternalDieter
10-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Well ladies its good news and bad news for me today. Good news first, I completed my first ten day challenge

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:: angel::angel::angel:

The bad news is I weighed in today and I've put on a pound :( I will be kind and tell myself that it is muscle but I know it is really to do with my sugar addiction. Sooooo starting from tomorrow my ten day challenge will be to eat no sugar - that's a real tough one for me.

Hevron - I don't know if you have to subscribe to this thread.
ElisaB, Punkinbutt. Maimers and Brenda - good job on keeping on track with your challenges. Keep going, another round will be under your belt soon.

Vollybchick - I know it is hard when you regress a little on the weight front, but you haven't sabotaged all your good work so far and that is the important thing. We are going to meet our weight loss targets if we just keep plodding on.

Have a great day ladies.

dragon2fly
10-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Hello ladies! D8 completed!!! Almost there!
I'm still a bit low on the exercise side :( My nose is so clogged... The only good thing about it is that I drink tons of water (herbal teas, vitamins, juice made of grapefruit and orange,...)
I already plan the next round when I will put extra efforts into exercise (I think I will make a minor, not so challenging, plan, just to creat a habit to do it regularly without excuses).

EternalDieter - BRAVO!!! YOU MADE IT! As for the bad news - don't worry too much about it. Sometimes we make extra efforts and don't see results immediately, but on the other hand, such efforts make us disciplined, more determined and thus more close to our final goal. I weighed in a couple of days ago, too, and faced the shocking news: no progress at all! :fr: Can you imagine, after 5 days of sugar ban! But the truth is that I probably burnt less energy and had more high-fat or high-calorie food and voila - blame it on the scale! However, what is really good is that we are on the track, we now know that it is possible to discipline our bodies, introduce new habits and control our body and our lives to a great extent. It's just that results sometimes are a bit late and we are often very impatient :) And I decided to weigh in at the beginning and end of each round, not in between ;)
See you tomorrow!

bburoughs
10-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Moring Ladies!

Day 8 for me. 2 more to go to complete round 1. I am thinking about what to add for round 2.

Congrats EternalDieter on the 10 days!!!!

Apple - Good for you for making a decision to stick with challenge at in-laws. Just take it 1 day at a time.

Dragon2fly - I hope you get to feeling better!

Wishing you all a successful day on your challenges!

Have a great day!

skinnyjeans
10-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Round 1 Day 9.

I haven't worked out today, but I just know I am going to fit it in somewhere because I'm so close to making it now. I've done really good with my excercise this week and I really want to see a difference on the scale. I think this will encourage me to eat well this weekend.

SJ

punkinbutt
10-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Done with day 5, half-way there! :D

Apple Blossom
10-15-2004, 02:16 AM
I have alot of energy this evening, for some reason. I hope I can tap into it to get a little cleaning done ;)
I otherwise had a busy day. It seems I'm always off picking up or dropping someone somewhere. My son had a tough afternoon. Is it me or are Thursdays the worst day of the week. Everyone is so tired and grumpy.
Man, if there was a beer in the fridge I would be very tempted :devil:
but right now we just have home-brew, which is easier to resist.
There are also all sorts of yummy, trouble making treats around. Time to scrub the toilets!
2 days, 2 faces! :p :cool:
Way to go skinny, bburoughs & dragon2fly! Almost there!!
Keep it up pumpkin!! :hat:
Yea eternal! :cp: Do you have a new challenge? Something just a little different might nudge that pound off!

dragon2fly
10-15-2004, 03:58 AM
DAY 9 completed!
I have a rather busy they ahead, so see you tomorrow!
Ladies (any man?), keep up the good work!
D2F

gabwill
10-15-2004, 01:01 PM
well rd 4 day 1!!!!
I am about to go for a run and walk a bit. I plan on doing 5 miles between the two of them if Jasmine stays good enough for me to do that much. If not then I will have to do more once John gets home from work. And then I plan on going work on my arms at the gym. I want to do atleast 20 regular push ups by the end of the month so I am trying to work my arms more to allow that. Hopefully it works.

bburoughs
10-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Day 8 is done! Have a great day everyone!

skinnyjeans
10-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Round 1 Done! Woohoo!

I think for round 2 I'm going to repeat my excercise challenge because I am finally getting consistent. but be more specific this time.

30 minute of cardio a day
10 minutes of weights. (I am going to start slow with the 8-minutes in the morning series- if all goes well maybe I'll double it next time)

I hope y'all find the motiviation to stick with your challenges over the weekend. See you Monday everyone!

SJ

dragon2fly
10-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Day 10 - completed!!! It's 26min past midnight my time, and I couldn't wait to tell you!!!
I weighed in: 2 lbs lost!!! :cb: I was really surprised, since 5 days ago I was still @ 172.
I learned a lot about my eating habits in the past 10 days: I eat when I'm stressed, frustrated, happy, in other words, whenever I'm out of strict control of my feelings, positive or negative. Which is almost always :lol: I'm also more tempted when tired. I managed to make myself think before reaching for food. However, I still fight an inner battle. When I feel like taking a cake, I think to myself: "yummy, yummy, so delicious...but, I mustn't...I'll take an apple, or it's lunch time, whatever". So I opt for something allowed. And eat anyway :lol:
Now I'm going for Challenge 2: sugar ban; 2x10 push-ups; 2x60 squats; 3x20 sit-ups.

SkinnyJeans - Congrats!!!
BBuroughs - Just one more day!!!

See you all tomorrow!
D2F

punkinbutt
10-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Done with day 6. :cb:

Congrats skinny and dragon for completing the challenge! :D

gabwill
10-16-2004, 01:23 AM
done with day 1. I ran 3 miles and walked 2 today so that is good.

Apple Blossom
10-16-2004, 02:33 AM
I am exhausted from another run around day. :tired:
Had a battle with a late evening bowl of cereal (a favorite snack food of mine) and just like yesterday, if there was a beer in the house I'd be drinking it. Half the battle is prevention...if it's not there it can't hurt you.
I'm going to bed. Too tired...
3 days, 3 faces :p :cool: :dizzy:
congrats you 10 day-ers!! :hat:

EternalDieter
10-16-2004, 02:59 AM
I made it through day one of my sugar ban, even though I was in a cafe with a friend at one point who was shoving cake down her throat.

:smug:

Well done dragon and skinny for make it to ten day. Good luck over the weekend ladies.

redballoon
10-16-2004, 04:19 AM
Hello everyone. :wave: EternalDieter, thanks for starting the new thread! I can't get on the computer and my one at home is broken, thus my absence.

I wanted to write this, however, for any new people so they learn what this challenge is about.

:idea: I'm bringing back a version of the old 21-day challenge that we used to do here! :sunny:

This time it's a 10-day challenge because 10 is easier to count to than 21 :yes:

Here's how it works. You pick something you want to do, anything, a behavior change, a diet plan you want to stick to, an exercise goal, anything and you stick to it for 10 days counting them down with us each day (or as often as you can post). You say, like, "I'm on Day 2, Day 3" and so on. If you fail to do your goal for a day it's back to zero you go. You have to start counting all over. :)

When you get to 10, well, you start over again, with a new goal or the same. :encore:

I used to do this and it was great. It really kept me accountable and the support and cheers I got from everyone was an enormous help. :goodvibes:

I hope to be able to join you all again in the not-too-distant future. Until then, good luck and have fun!! :cheer:

derrydaughter
10-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Round 2, Day 5 here! I did extremely well yesterday and actually went to bed without using all my ww points for the day.... a rarity!
Today is a BIG eating challenge, though, I plan on increasing my activity, working out, going on my treadmill and burning into my remaining flexpoints tonight. But, tomorrow could end up being R2, D1 all over again.....
Linda

bburoughs
10-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm on day 10. :D I know it's going to be a challenge. :stress: I have a lot going on today. Hopefully I will make it. Well, I can do it. I have made it this far. I will post results on tomorrow or Monday morning.

Have a good weekend everyone.

jansan
10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi all, I am working on serial 7 day challenges that co-incide with my weekly weigh-ins. I hope its ok to meld mine with your 10 day challenges. The end of my current challenge is monday morning, hence this is day 6 for me with tomorrow left to go.

This week has been going fairly well, though a couple days ago I was extremely hungry. So I made sure I ate enough legal things, esp good soup, to totally satisfy myself, and the unpleasant gnawing hunger passed.

And, best of all, the scale registered a new pound lost today. woowoo. One more to go for a nice round 10 lost in this current effort. And 6 to go for getting under the big 200.

Jan h250/s214/c205/g?170??

punkinbutt
10-16-2004, 09:53 PM
7 down, 3 to go!

Welcome aboard jansan. :wave:

Good luck to everyone. :D

Apple Blossom
10-17-2004, 03:40 AM
I took my son out for ice cream and I didn't have any!!!
I'm so proud of myself. Today was only day 4 too. It would have been easy to say oh well, back to day one. I mostly thought about my trip to my in-laws next week-end and how hard it would be going there deep in a challenge. This way I only have to get through day 9 & 10, and they tend to be easier than 3 or 4...
I also will feel pretty frustrated if I don't lose at least 3 pounds on this challenge. Maybe I'm being hard on myself but I really want to see some progress!! I want to be in the 150's!!!
I still have to dumb-bell but I will 4 days, 4 faces! :p :cool: :dizzy: :spin:

bburoughs
10-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Completed Day 10! :cp:

I will post my new challenge on tomorrow morning!

Welcome jansan!

Apple Blossom - Good for you on restraining from the ice cream!

Have a great evening everyone!

punkinbutt
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Day 8 done!

Congrats bburoughs and good luck to everyone else. :D

gabwill
10-17-2004, 08:18 PM
well today is day 3 for me. Yesterday I ended up doing 3 miles of walking. I was supposed to do 5 but I am alright with 3 since today I didn't feel up to do anything and I ended up walking 5 more miles. That is all for today though. Tomorrow I am not sure how I will get my exercise in but I will do it one way or another.

dragon2fly
10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Hello everyone! I didn't check in during weekend since I failed on my Day 1, twice :( On Saturday I had a piece of my aunt's birthday cake, and on Sunday I missed my exercises. So from today I'm again doing the same thing!This is going to be tough.
See you tomorrow!
D2F
BBuroughs - Congrats!!!
Apple Blossom - That's the spirit!!!

derrydaughter
10-18-2004, 07:42 AM
OK, here I am R2, back to day 1 again. Saturday night, with our company for dinner, I blew it. Not feeling badly as I've been so good for the rest of the week, but I still have to be totally honest HERE. I am glad to have this web site as I am always honest about admitting my indiscretions and you all totally understand.
If you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with, though? I think those who don't journal (no offense if you aren't one of them) just can't be honest with themselves about everything they are putting in their mouths!
So, I begin anew today.
My 10 day challenge is to be on my ww program, plan ahead and journal. Journalling keeps me honest.
Linda

punkinbutt
10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Journalling keeps me honest.

Ditto for me. I track my food with fitday and it really holds me accountable for what I eat.

I haven't finished my challenge yet for the day but I wanted to post because I just weighed in. Last Monday I weighed 206 lbs(gained 3 lbs somehow last month) and this Monday I weigh 201. :D My goal weight for next week will be 195-197. I can't wait to be under the big 200!! :cb:

Good luck on your challenges everyone!

EternalDieter
10-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi Brenda and Jansan - hope you made it through the last day of the challenges. I have just completed R2D4 I am having a sugar ban.

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

I have increased my exercise time by two minutes so hopefully I will get a loss on Thursday.

Keep going everyone

gabwill
10-18-2004, 08:58 PM
DAY 4

well I ended up running 3.6 miles and walking almost 3 miles. I think that that would over qualify me for my current challenge but I am fine with that. The rest of the day is me resting which is needed.

Apple Blossom
10-19-2004, 02:10 AM
I resisted ice cream again!! I am feeling really good about this challenge, even though it's not enough on it's own to lose alot of weight. But it's a step in the right direction. And I find myself saying to myself alot "why are you doing that challenge if you're about to eat those french fries, (or what ever temptation)?" and I make smarter choices. My weight was down this morning, but I'll make Thursday morning an official weigh in.
6 days, 6 faces! :p :cool: :dizzy: :spin: :T :D
Congrats bburoughs! :hat:

vollybchick
10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
well i messed up already not even on day two. Well i am starting again, this time i really want to los the weight. I weight in at229 this morning, io think for my ten day thing is watch my calories. I am also try to excerise everyday. I will keep checking in with you guys letting you know how i am doing. I am soo happy for this thread because when i read the stories makes me want to lose the weigh even more.

hw-272
cw-229
gw-180
mini goal-20 pounds gpne before xmas

dragon2fly
10-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm back on Day 1, once again. Today is our Patron Saint's Day, and I had a range of banned food - cake, Fanta,... I still hope to do my exercises, but I have already made the damage. So Tomorrow is Day 1, ....again.... Hope I will have more stamina from now on.
D2F

gabwill
10-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Day 5 done

I walked another 6miles this morning I haven't decided if I want to do anymore this afternoon. I wanted to get some taebo in but I mayjust wait until tomorrow to do it.

skinnyjeans
10-19-2004, 08:10 PM
HI everyone I disappeared and was totally unmotivated over the weekend. Haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I will be starting Round 2 tomorrow.

30 min cardio
10 min weights

Keep up the good work everyone.

SJ

Apple Blossom
10-20-2004, 04:59 AM
I can't believe I'm still awake. I'll be paying for this tomorrow...
Ate lunch out but otherwise a good day. Oh, no walk either.The weather has been interesting. Going to the mall tomorrow to shop, but I'll move around quickly.... :lol: :rain:
7 days, 7 faces! :p :cool: :dizzy: :spin: :T :D :love:

JessieD
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Today is DAY 1. I've decided to really challenge myself by making sure I excersize 6 days a week, sticking to a very strict, but very healthy eating plan, and NO SWEETS for me. I know I'll be able to do this. Just reading all the posts is a lot of support, so thanks girls. I'll be checking in tomorrow!

EternalDieter
10-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Welcome Jessie - you will love this thread.
Congratulations on the weight loss punkin butt
Hevron - where are you

I made it through day 5 and 6, verry proud because I really love sweets.

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

bburoughs
10-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi Everyone :wave: & welcome JessieD!

I'm ready for round 2. My challenge for this round will be as follows:

35 - 45 minutes of aerobic exercise
To drink 80 oz of water
6 veggies/fruits
No weighing until Nov. 1st

I started today.

See you tomorrow with an update!

Apple Blossom
10-21-2004, 02:15 AM
If I get a chance I'll post my weigh-in results tomorrow morning, but I'm going out of town. To be more pessimistic than I usually am ( :halfempty )
I'm guessing what-ever I have lost by tomorrow will be back on when I get back. NO NO NO!!! :nono: I have to really dicipline myself this week-end. January is not that far away.....Speaking of dicipline, I had a croissant today. Not exactly a diet food. I'm going to go over to fitday and see how today added up. Just curious. 8 days, 8 faces! :p :cool: :D :dizzy: :spin: :T :love: :twirly:
This no eating after dinner thing has been tough, but I'm doing it!!!

dragon2fly
10-21-2004, 03:54 AM
Day 1 completed.
I had a very hard time for the past few days. First the stress about the celebration, then my best friend's pregnancy problems. I feel exhausted, which makes my exercise challenge harder than I thought it might be.
It is quite possible that I gained back my 2 lbs lost but I will not weigh in until I complete this round. I'll try to walk more and to see progress in 9 days.
Welcome to all new challengers!
Apple Blossom - have a nice trip, take some allowed food and keep it at hand, and come back thinner!
Eternal Dieter - Bravo girl! You can do it!
Vollybchick - You are a success: you have already lost over 40 lbs!!! This means you're a pro! Just go for you interim goal! I have no slightest doubt you will do it!
SkinnyJeans - It looks like you and me had the same problem these days... Come on, let's do this!
See you all tomorrow!
D2F

derrydaughter
10-21-2004, 06:02 AM
R2, Day 4 here for me! I'm working hard and making a point of increasing my activity. I hope for rewards this week on the scale!
You guys are inspiring!
Linda

bburoughs
10-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Well, I made it through R2, day 1.
Have a good day everyone!

skinnyjeans
10-21-2004, 11:09 AM
R2D2. I have been unmotivated to exercise so I am keeping it lighter. Went for a walk last night, and again this morning. At first I felt guilty about not exercising as hard as usual, but I broke a sweat, and really enjoyed myself and felt good afterward.

Great job Eternal
Welcome Jessie

Keep up the good work everyone

SJ

vollybchick
10-21-2004, 12:38 PM
OK people, today is my first day. I am going to try to excerise more then before and drink more water. I am also going to try eat within 1000 calories. Congrats on everyone that's already done 10 days.

hw-272
cw-227
cw-180

everyday done- :^:
not wieghting myself until after halloween

EternalDieter
10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Just completed R2D7

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:
I weighed in this morning and I've dropped the pound I gained last week.

Skinnyjeans - don't beat yourself up that your not exercising as much as you think you should - every little bit you do counts. It all burns calories.
Brenda - well done on completing round one, hope round two goes just as well
Apple - weekends are hard, make this one you start to break those bad weekend habits that we all have. Good luck.
Dragon - keep walking my friend (and not in the direction of your scales)

We're going to do it this time ladies.

JessieD
10-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow! I can't tell you all how motivational it is to come to this website; this thread especially!! Today, I successfully completed DAY 2. I actually ate less than I should have (i know it sounds weird) but my schedule was absolutely hectic and I didn't have time to eat. I need to eat five small meals at least, because I will fall back into my old habits of not eating at all, and I know that's not good. I also ran two miles and lifted... I know I'll be sore tomorrow. Geeze, reading what I wrote makes me seem a little over-confident, but the truth is, I'm not, and here is the only place I really feel I can say how and what I feel. Sorry, next time I won't write a book.

Apple Blossom- keep up the awesome work, I know, weekends are often my weakness too, I swear, I freak without a set schedule. I guess you could say I'm a little neurotic. Anyhow, just keep telling yourself how hard you've been working and is food really worth it?

And to all the rest of you audacious ladies, keep up the excellent work... you'll love yourself for it in the long run. Even if at times it seems like you're getting nowhere, if you stick to it, and put your hardest into it, every little bit helps, and you WILL get to your goal, or even exceed it!

skinnyjeans
10-22-2004, 10:33 AM
R2D3 I managed to get my exercise in early yesterday, good thing because I spent all evening sick (I think something with lunch disagreed with me) But feeling much better today and hoping to stay on track.

Eternal-Great advice that you gave to Apple. I think I will have to try this break the trend habit also. Instead of just accepting that I am going to screw up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

SJ

JessieD
10-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Woo-Hoo... DAY 3, well, it's almost complete, but I'm really tryin hard, because I love a good challenge, and I hate losing, well at least losing everything but weight. See ya'll on DAY 5, because tomorrow, I'm so busy I can't even fit in time to excersize...but that's alright, I'll be on my feet for 8 hours.

JessieD
10-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Where did everyone go? I didn't think my post would be the last one on here?... Today is DAY 5, and, so far, it's going GREAT, I've lost 2 lbs since DAY 1 of the challenge, and I feel very confident that, I'm not going to make this only a ten day thing. I once heard that if you can do it for 11 days, the worst part is over and you can do it forever. I'll chose to believe that and try my hardest to prove it right. Any how, I hope you ladies are all having success in sticking with it, and just keep reminding yourself the reasons why you're doing it.

punkinbutt
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Due to a family emergency, I kind of fell off the wagon.(probably won't have any weight loss this week :( ) My old challenge wasn't quite as challenging as I thought it'd be so I'll start a new one tomorrow!

bburoughs
10-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, back at R2D1! Ugh...didn't make it through the weekend. It was a tough one! Will start again today! So, hopefully today will be better than the weekend!

Eternal - Congrats on the pound lost. Keep up the great work!
JessieD - Only 5 more to go! You can do it!!!
Punkinbutt, SkinnyJeans, Vollybchick & to everyone else hang in there! We can do it!!!

skinnyjeans
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
I need to start over too. I did excercise over the weekend, but I kind of lost track of everything so to keep myself honest I am going to start over. Round 2 Day 1.

Oh and I finally lost two pounds and broke past 174 which has taken me a couple months! These challenges are really working.

bburoughs
10-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Completed day 1 of round 2. On day 2. Let's see if I can make it through today.

SkinnyJeans - Congrats on losing the 2 pounds. Yes, these challenges do work when you can stay on target. (I'm talking out loud to myself) :lol:

Have a good day everyone! Will see you tomorrow!

JessieD
10-26-2004, 09:09 PM
DAY 7 is today... and I'm extremely exhausted, but I lost 2 more lbs. and all I want to do is sleep, seeing as I've been so deprived of it lately. I went shopping for a dress today for a semi-formal, and I find it odd that people can't believe that I'm not a four in a dress size, but more like an 8 or sometimes a 6, can someone please explain this to me? I mean, I am muscular, and definately don't(at least I don't think) I look what I weigh, I have no clue. Anyhow, this challenge is going really well, and I hope everyone else is doing well too!!

skinnyjeans
10-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Round 2 Day 3. Planning on running after work. Good job on the 2lbs Jessie. I have the same problem, people always think I am a size or two larger then I am, for me I think its because I am taller (5'9") but I do find my size varies alot- especially in dresses which are not consistent in size. Also dpends on style- I usually need to get form fitting dresses a size larger but a dress that flares out at the waist no problem (because I carry most of my extra weight below the waist)

SJ

bburoughs
10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
This is day 3 for me. I had a great day on yesterday.

JessieD you go girl on the 2 pounds lost. Keep up the good work!

Hang in there Skinnyjeans!

punkinbutt
10-27-2004, 11:38 PM
My new challenge will be to walk at least 20 mins each day. Today was day 1! :D

Apple Blossom
10-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Guess what? I flunked out on day 9. Funny thing is, it wasn't the beer or eating after dinner. I just forgot to do my sit ups. And the next day I thought I would just double up and let it slide, but I forgot again. Oh well.
Last Thursday I weighed in at 161! And I didn't gain anything back while I was away, which is so amazing!!!
For my next challenge, my husband will be home for alot of it. So I'll probably have some beer. My goal will be to exercise everyday, either a walk or at least 15 min of my step video. And no eating after dinner. Starting tomorrow. :^:

EternalDieter
10-28-2004, 02:59 AM
I've had some severe computer problems. I completed my second challenge - no sweets and I'm still exercising.

My new challenge is to up my water intake so I am drinking eight big glasses a day. Three days gone so far.

Good luck everyone.

:smug: :smug: :smug:

skinnyjeans
10-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Day 4. I ran about 2.5 miles yesterday then did some arms and abs when I got home and still felt great! Don't know when I am going to work out today but I'll fit it in somewhere. Keep up the good work everyone.

Apple-Good job on not backsliding while away!

SJ

bburoughs
10-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Today is day 4. I'm doing good on the water intake, exercise & frutis/veggies. I'm staying off that dreadful scale until round 2 challenge is finished. I think my next challenge will be no sweets also.

EternalDieter - Glad to have you back. Missed your posts. Congrats on completing round 2 of your challenge. I'm also going to try to tackle the "no sweets" thing for my next round.

Apple & Punkin - Hang in there ladies!

Have a blessed day! See ya tomorrow!

dragon2fly
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry for being off without any notice. My best friend lost her baby at 4/5m. It was very hard because it was her first pregnancy. She's also diagnosed with bicornuate uterus, which is yet another problem to face in the future.
This temporarily put me off my program, since I spent a lot of time either with her or thinking of her. I didn't practice at all, but I didn't take any sugar. I'm still @ 170.
Today is my first day back on the same challenge. I completed it successfully so far, and hope not to fail by the end of the day.
See you tomorrow!
Now that I have read through all your posts I realize how good is to be back!
D2F

punkinbutt
10-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Day 2 is complete! I might even throw in another 10-20 mins in a little bit. I'm feeling pretty good today. :)

Good luck everyone!

punkinbutt
10-29-2004, 01:59 AM
I added another 10 to my 20 mins of walking tonight, just for good measure. :smug:

Maybe tomorrow I'll do 20 and 20. People around here are going to think I'm looney if they see me passing their windows so often. :lol:

skinnyjeans
10-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Well I missed my workout yesterday. I just kept trying and couldn't get time to do it. So starting over, again. Looking forward to this weekend because I know I'll have time (No excuses this time!). And since I'm starting over I decided to add to the challenge.

30 in cardio. 10 min weights. Journal what I eat (Yuck!)

Dragon- Good to have you back. I'm sorry your friend lost her baby.

SJ

EternalDieter
10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Made it through day four of my challenge.

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Skinny - hope you get some great workouts in over the weekend
Brenda - do not approach those scales
Dragon - glad to see you back. Sorry about your friend's baby

Good luck over the weekend everyone. I know the weekends can be tough.

bburoughs
10-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm on day 5. I got a late start today with the water. Hope I can get in the 80 oz water. I will. I don't want to start over.

Dragon -Sorry to here about your friend.
Punkin - That's alright if your neighbors think your looney. The good thing thou is that you know what is going on and you are getting healthy & lighter!
Eternal - You are doing so well!
Skinnyjeans - Hang in there this weekend! Weekends are hard for me!

Have a great weekend everyone! Will see you on Monday!

punkinbutt
10-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Day 3 down! I had to make myself go out and do it though. It rained late yesterday so it was wet and muggy out today. Those kinds of days always make me feel lazy.

Keep up the good work everyone! :D

JessieD
11-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone! Well, yesterday marked the end of my ten day challenge... but I'm going to make it a "forever type" thing. I've found that I don't feel the need to gorge and gorge on sweets and unhealthy foods, it's really very nice. I stuck with it, for the most part, and lost about 7lbs. in 10 days. That was just getting rid of the water weight, now comes the real challenge, and it'll be longer than 10 days. I got my BMI and body fat tested; my arms and legs were in the "low" range, and my abdomen region was in the very high "ideal" range. MY trainer devised a "kick-my-***-into-shape" workout plan, that I cannot wait to start, and be wonderfully sore and feel great. With it comes good eating, so, I'm really eager for tomorrow! Hope everyone is doing good and sticking with their challenge!

bburoughs
11-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. Well, I made it through the weekend. This is Day 8 for me!!!

Hi JessieD - Congrats on completing your challenge. Good luck with new workout plan.

JessieD
11-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Ok, so, I feel like a total hipocrite(sp?) for a lack of other words. I was just absoltuely gushing about my success, which left me feeling really great, and really positive... and then what happens today? I eat, really gorss unhealthy fatty foods which I can feel making my already problem mid-section get even bigger. UGGGG!!! I don't know what happened. It's all that stupid Halloween candy, I just HAD to eat. I had willpower all day, and I ate one lousy jolly rancher, and said, well, since I've already screwed up, might as well just keep eating. But I should have thought, "that's ok to eat, it's just a little treat for 10 days worth of eating healthy, just keep going on eating healthy." Gosh, if I could only have this hindsight when I'm thinking about eating crappy foods. Meanwhile, I ate and slept and then ate some more and now I feel horrible...yuck. I think I will start another 10-day-challenge, seeing as clearly, until I really really get on track, I can just eat healthy and excersize without needing a "challenge". So, tomorrow will be Round 2 Day1 and I WILL succeed!

bburoughs
11-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Day 9 for me. Only 1 more to go.

JessieD - Don't beat your self up. Just keep plugging away. Eventually, everything will all come together. Just don't quit!

Have a good day!

dragon2fly
11-02-2004, 03:40 PM
D5 completed. 5 more to go.
This no-sugar thing is OK, but this exercise part is really hard. Not because I overestimated my fitness level, but because it's really boring to do the same thing every day. As soon as I finish this, hopefully on 11/6, I'm giving up this practice. I'll go for the challenge to exercise at 60%MHR for 30' every day, whether it be fast-pace walk, VCR exercise with Elle Macpherson or weightlifting. I hope I won't be bored to death by 11/6 ;)
As for my diet, I started thinking about food again. People around me are puzzled :?: - why the **** do you think about food, when you got so fat w/o event thinking of it? :lol: Actually I'm starting to cook and eat healthy meals every day, I had fish, lots of endivia lettuce and mesh potato for lunch. I felt so satisfied, that I didn't take anything until dinner - mandarines. This is great!

Jessie D - don't worry about your slip. You're positive, determined and on your track most of the time, so ok, you slipped, got back to the right path and move on! Don't cry over the spilt milk. You know how it's great to be thin and happy about your ideal weight since you had been there, just remind yourself, get energized, and go go go!

BBuroughs - 1 more day!

All - Keep up good work girls!

skinnyjeans
11-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Round 2 Day 5. Just plugging away.

My cardio has been walking the dog for several of those days, but it still counts! Journaling is going well. And I'm starting to realinze that I don't eat enough through the day so I eat a lot at dinner. I also think I need to start snacking before meals. I have been rating my hunger level before I eat and I only over eat when I'm really hungry. Hopefully a small snack before my meals will cut back on that.

bburoughs
11-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Completed Round 2. :cb: I will start round 3 on tomorrow.

I will add no sweets for 10 day to my challenge.

Hope everyone is sticking with their challenges. Have a good day!

dragon2fly
11-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Day 8 completed! Two more to go!
Still bored with the same exercises, but I successfully camouflage them by doing a little bit of this and that in between.

BBuroughs - Congrats!
All - t/c!
D2F

JessieD
11-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Round 2 Day 4
WOW!! I'm feeling really great again... I've ate really really good the past few days, and have weight lifted, and I'm wonderfully sore. Ahh, how I love that feeling, it's almost like you can feel the fat and yuckiness melting away and the confidence growing with it. Today, I picked up a SPREE package and was tempted to eat one measly little candy, and then threw it down after thinking about how good I've been doing and how I can't throw it all away. Thank you all so much for the daily support and motivation, I hope you all accomplish what you most want, and this website will definately make it a lot easier!! Hope everyone is still truckin' along, keep it up!

JessieD
11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
It seems like it's the this forum is desolate come the weekends, maybe it's b.c everyone has their busy lives to tend to. Anyhow, ROUND 2 DAY 6, and never better!!

EternalDieter
11-07-2004, 03:22 PM
I have had severe computer problems and haven't checked in for a while. I am realising what a big help it was coming here. I have been sooo bad. Anyway I am starting tomorrow with the no sugar challenge again. Good luck everyone.

skinnyjeans
11-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Well I almost made. Today is Day 10 and I had every intention of running after work today, but I twisted my ankle last night. I am barely walking instead of doing great cardio. Obviously I will be taking several days off before I restart my challenge. On the up side I will be able to finish the journal part and have really learned a lot from it.

Jessie- Congrats on a great weekend! Very empowering.
HI Eternal it is nice to have you back.

bburoughs
11-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Well, I have to start over on Round 3 Day 1. I just put sugar in my coffee this morning and then realized that I added no sugar to my challenge.

So will start over tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

See you tomorrow!

JessieD
11-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Round 2 Day 10...

I'm down to 129lbs. and feeling really good, I'll keep it up!! I have to! I was only supposed to weigh 132 by this week but, I guess all the water weight comes off quicker than the regular FAT! Any how, hope everyone is doing well, if anyone's still around? Well, Tomorrow, I'll start Round 3 of the same challenge!