Weight Loss Support - Five things I am thankfull for today
10-12-2004, 04:41 PM
When I was on a long time ago, someone had started a thread called "Five things I am thankfull for today". For some reason I found that to be a bit theraputic at the end of a hard day. Now that I am back I can't seem to find that thread anywhere, so I figured I could start it up again. I hope that is ok with everyone, not trying to step on any toes. :D
Ok....so here I go....
So far today.........the 5 things I am most thankfull for are
1. My husband :love:
2. My best friend Zibbie :queen:
3. This website :grouphug:
4. My Tredmill :tread:
5. The Shining Sun :flow2:
Hope you all have a wonderfull day! :goodluck: :dancer:
10-12-2004, 05:22 PM
This is nice.
Five things I'm most thankful for today
1.My health :cb:
2.My family :love:
3. My friends :grouphug:
4. Sunny skies :flow2:
5. My senior buddy thread (this one too) :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen:
10-12-2004, 05:57 PM
I am thankful today for
1.) My husband (who does not stop the car at BBQ shacks for lunch even when I insist) :moo:
2.) Too sweet frosting that keeps me from eating an entire piece of the cake my co-worker brought in :cb:
3.) The mail run for getting me out of my chair at work :D
4.) This website :comp:
5.) My best friend Traci who celebrates every little thing with me :high:
10-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Hey everyone............hope you all had a wonderfull day.
1. My Family & Friends (especially Zibbie, who listened to me cry tonight)
2. Bottled Water
4. Warm Apartment
10-15-2004, 01:25 AM
This is an awesome idea!!
1. My family
2. My freinds
3. My health
4. this wonderful website
5. My John Cena Dvd(((wrestling related...he's my Favorite and he's gone for 4mths filming a movie so the only way to see him now is through old tapes and the dvd))
10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
John Cena is the new Marky Mark!...only with more muscles, and wrestling ability. I'll miss him while he's filming, too, but it will be fun too see him in a movie!
Yeah, a pic of him on the fridge might be motivation to keep a girl on plan :p
10-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Good idea to get one in the right frame of mind.
I'm thankful for
- my children and husband
- my home
- my job
- my health
- my creativity
Thanks for helping me to smile
10-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey hey hey.....glad you to see you guys like this idea. I loved it when I saw it a couple years back when I was on, so I figured I would start it again. Would love to take credit for the original idea, but can't. It was someone else who thought of it, and I think they are brilliant. Sure is a nice way for me to end my day. Hope everyone is doing well.
My five for today............
1. That my 84 year old Grandpa made a safe 4 hour trip to come and visit for the weekend. (Drove himself the whole way)
2. My fleece Hello Kitty blanket.
3. Hubbies new job.
4. Lip Medix
5. Family & Friends
10-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Today, I'm having such a good day, I don't even know where to start...
I am grateful today for
1.) awesomeheaven's many inspirational posts which motivate me to positive thinking
2.) for second, third, fourth, fifth...chances
3.) for 90s dance/club music that keeps me on the treadmill longer than I thought possible
4.) for ice cold water
5.) for a perfect husband on Sweetest Day!!!
Have a good day today just for the heck of it, guys! :cb:
10-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Ok......super duper tired.......can barely even see straight. had to do this quick though.
1. Time to spend with Grandpa :cofdate:
2. Family & Friends :grouphug:
3. My warm fleece Hello Kitty blanket :D ( I know I am old enough to not have a favortie balnkie, but I can't help it :^: )
4. My warm apartment :)
5. My loving hubby :love:
Hope you all had a good day. Happy thoughts to you all :flow2:
10-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Thanks for this idea. Negitive thinking has never motivated me to positive change. Acknowledging what is good in my life.......that's what keeps me hopeful and willing.
What I'm greatful for today:
1. My beautiful, funny, wise, grounded daughter.
2. Being aware that there are solutions to my problems.
3. Enough choice in what I eat.
4. Wonderful supportive friends.
5. Roses. :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:
10-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Today I am greatful for:
1.My three strange and entertaining cats.
2.The yearly film festival that is happening 5 minutes from my house.
3.That my house is relatively tidy today.
4. That I have time for a nap.
5.That I was able to sit through a film without eating popcorn. :cp:
10-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Ok..........here is my list for today. Hope you all had a wonderfull weekend. :)
1. That I got to spend more time w/ my grandpa :) , he was able to climb the stairs to my 3rd story apartment :dance: , and that he enjoyed the supper I made him. :hun: ( more so that I had the chance to make him supper)
2. My hubby :love:
3. Axle , Angel and Crystal ( my parents puppies......I love them SO much) :spin: :love: :angel:
4. Talking with Zibbie :callme:
5. Naps :yawn:
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Today I am greatful for:
1. having had a really good nights sleep.
2. the focus and support of this site.
3. A roof over my head-one that I love.
4. Beautiful weather.
5. The book I'm reading-it's making me laugh out loud-
"Dress Your Family in corduroy and Denim" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
10-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm having a really bad day so I'm going to have to reach to get in touch with feelings of gratitude.
Five things I'm greatful for:
1. That I've been able to stay away from ice cream for 2 weeks.
2. The support of one of this web site.
3. That I'm feeling a little better (physically) after a long case of the flu.
4. That I have a home.
5. I don't have to water my plants today
10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Hello everyone. Hope all of you are doing well. bad day here today, but tomorrow is another day.......THANK GOODNESS!!
Here are my five things for today................
1. Hubbies new job
2. Allergy medicine
10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Five things that I am greatful for :
1. The sun is shining.
2. That I have a new dictionary stand and that I now know how to SPELL grateful!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :doh: :lol: :lol:
3. That I don't have to eat food that makes me feel lousy, that if I feel the urge or something tempts me, I can log on here and get support.
4. My daughter is happy.
5. We have friends visiting in a week.
Thanks for this thread.
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
this thread is awesome...... shout out to the other two wrestling fans, had no idea anyone here was into wwe......... anyways
1. my wonderful boyfriend
2. its raining!! (when the summer is between 100-115, rain is wonderful)
3. my best friends
4. my mom and grandma
5. the dance club, so i can dance away the night on saturdays.......... :)
10-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Hello, hello...........very long day.
2. Family & Friends
3. Diet Coke
4. Fluffy Pillows
10-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Five things I'm grateful for:
1. My daughter.
2. My good friend Michele- we share a similar sense of humor.
3. Healthy food in the refridgerator that doesn't take lots of preparation.
4. SUNNY WEATHER :flow2: :flow2: :flow2: :flow2: :flow2: YAHOOO!
5. I am finally recovering from the flu.
And I am thankful for this list.
10-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Hello all.........here is my list for today.
1. Warm Sweatshirts
2. Caller ID
3. Family & Friends
4. My car
5. Hot showers
Have a great night :-)
10-22-2004, 02:36 PM
I am thankful for so many things but here are my top 5:
1. My childrens health
2. My family
3. MY FREEDOM
4. The right to vote
5. Sunshine :spin:
SW/230 CW/198 GW/130-140
10-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Five things I'm grateful for:
1. Playing word games with friends.
2. Having the power and consciousness to eat healthy foods.
3. My daughter's good attitude.
4.That I don't smoke so I don't have to go through the agony of quitting :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:
5. Funny movies.
10-24-2004, 01:36 AM
1. my home
2. my health
3. my cats
4. ample good food
5. my roses
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
1. My large Italian family - who love me even though I'm fat
2. My three cats - who love me even though I'm fat
3. My friends - who love me even though I'm fat
4. The fact that I my health allows me to exercise - even when I hate it
5. That I'm getting a new furnace in two weeks - it's cold here!
10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Haven't posted for a few days as i haven't been feeling well. Hope everyone is doing well.
1. Caller ID
2. Hot shower
5. vanilla candles
10-30-2004, 02:20 AM
:) Hello everyone. Here are my five for the day :cb:
1. Umbrella's :rain:
2. Family and Friends :grouphug:
3. Caller I.D. :callme:
4. Will power to not buy and eat :eating2: all the nummy Halloween :) Candy :cookie: :m: :chockiss: I have seen this week.
5. Safe, warm apartment :sunny:
Hope you all have a wonderfull weekend.
:dance: :) :cb:
11-06-2004, 01:34 AM
2. My can of Diet Coke
3. Hot Showers
4. Allergy Medicine
5. Comfy Bed
01-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey, hey, hey....I can'e believe I have found my old thread from 2004. Looks as if I was the last to post on 11-05-2004. I would love to start this one up again. Hopefully other people will hop on the 5 Things I Am Thanfull For bandwagon with me. Like I said when I started this up, I had posted on a thread like this along time ago. I went away and came back, and I couldn't find it, so I started it up again. Now....here I am again....went away...for a long time...back, and I think it would be nice. It was always a nice ritual for me. Made me remember that no matter how bad things seem to be, or how awfull the day was, there are good things in each of our lives.
Hope to see y'all post as well. Take care...:0)
Five Things I Am Thankfull For ...
1. This website
3. The sunshine that was beaming thru my windows all afternoon.
4. My Yorkiepoo. Spike
5. Ice Water
01-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi everyone - My daughter showed me this website and list and I've been reading posts all evening. I'm so impressed by the support and positive posts. I'm looking forward to sharing, learning and making friends on this list.
I just started (day 2) of the Fat Smash Diet - I think I'm having major caffiene withdrawls - I've had a headache for the last two days, but for the most part, I feel great.
I'm most thankful for
and last but not least - my puppy dogs
Bye for now
01-31-2007, 01:07 AM
1. This website
2. Being done my two midterms of the day
3. How little it's rained lately
4. Bottled water
5. My headphones
01-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Here are mine:
2) my family
3) my warm home
5) my weight loss
01-31-2007, 08:40 AM
:) My new pedometer - love it.
:) My fairly new WATP DVD's
01-31-2007, 12:56 PM
today i am grateful for:
1) beautiful blue skies
2) my husband has the day off
4) my abs are a little sore when i stretch
5) i'm up before 2pm!
happy wednesday everyone!
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
1. My boys (pictured, arent they cute) ;)
2. My family :hug:
3. My friends :grouphug:
4. My job :crazy:
5. Music and coffee :coffee:
1. my husband. i'd never be able to do this without his support. and god bless a man that doesn't mind helping out with the kids and housework :lol:
2. my daughters. they are such wonderufl little children growing into adults. sometimes i want to run away, but i wouldn't change having them at all.
3. my friends. my friends are very supportive in all that i do.
4. taking a leap and being rewarded. this didn't happen today, but i'm thankful for it every day. my best friend and i fell out of touch a long time ago. i'd try to find her and never got any luck. i took a leap and decided to check myspace. and guess what? there she was. we've been able to reconnect and that has been an amazing thing for me. i'm super thrilled that we were able to find each other. she and her new husband are joining us in key west in october.
5. my gym. seriously. i love every aspect of it: the people, the low fees, childcare, brand new eqipment. my trainers are the best :cheer:
01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
This is such a great thread!
1. my hubby- he's so supportive and easy going
2. my sweatshirt
3. my snuggily slippers
4. email- couldn't do with out it!
5. my sweet, sweet kids.
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
AWESOME EVERYONE! I am so happy that y'all like this thread, and have decided to get it up and going again with me. I really have missed it. Have a great night everyone.....
My five things today are......
3. Family and Friends
4. My furbaby Spikey
5. That tomorrow is a chance to try again.
01-31-2007, 11:55 PM
1. That my parents and loved ones are healthy and okay.
2. I had a successful day regarding my eating plan, met my goals for the day. (3rd day).
3. That I feel better. NO tummy aches, etc. from rich foods or over-indulgences.
4. THat it was sunny and didn't snow!
5. THe nice fresh haddock which my dad brought me the other day and I enjoyed for dinner once again this evening.
Oh this is good! :) I like this thread so very much too! I just started my plan and I have my ups and downs. SOmetimes I feel great and boom, other times discouraged. It sure helps to focus on the positives, super thread : )
NEW GOAL: To post everyday on this topic.
02-01-2007, 08:22 AM
It goes without question that I am thankful for certain things, to name a few, my family, shelter, employment, family, utilities, family, G-d, sunshine and the such. So for me this thread is all about things I am thankful for pertaining to my weightloss.
:) My stovetop grill
:) My big refrigerator
:) My cutting board
:) My sneakers
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
all my family lovies
a home of my own where I can boogie if I wannna
02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
1.my beautiful son and his health
2.my hubby...hes been very supportive
3.my computer! i dont know what id do without it
4.my water cooler....love it
5.my camera.....good thing its digital and i dont have to pay for film :D
02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Very nice thread...just got a chance to read it
1. that I got up and worked out before work
2. willpower....to eat correctly
3. that it is NOT snowing or icy
4. my neighbor, who told me how great I looked
5. a good month of January, financially, physically, and personal
02-01-2007, 02:48 PM
6) I got a break from shoveling snow today (NO new snow!):carrot:
7) Fit Day (Thanks again, Robin!):)
8) My husband and I are going out to eat today, and I have a plan of what to eat that won't blow my recent weight loss
9) My new jeans are getting loose:carrot:
10) My oldest son got his coaching position
02-01-2007, 03:36 PM
1) My two wonderful children.
2) My home
3) My job
4) Oh! let me not forget my husband
5) My best friend Bob.
Great Thread!!!!! :hug:
02-01-2007, 03:40 PM
1) my skin -- does a pretty good job of keeping me together
2) my legs -- they take me lots of places
3) my eyes -- where would i be without them?
4) my flippin' bright purple sweater. it's soooo vibrant and i love it.
5) my computer/email
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
1. that i have all the resources that i need right in front of me.
2. my own room
3. i actually love my job
4. my hair straightener
5. running water.. we just got it turned on. its been off for two weeks!!!!!
02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
What a great idea!
When I'm feeling sorry for myself at not being super fit and svelte, I tell myself -
1. I AM THANKFUL THAT; at 46 yrs. old, I can DO the exercise that is needed to get me where I want to be!
2. I don't have any health problems to keep me from exercising.
3. My family :hug:
4. That I can work at a job where I'm on my feet all day, and come home without any back pain or leg aches due to regular exercise.
5. My motorcycle! :bike:
02-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I like this!!
1. I am thankful that no matter what I weigh or how I look, every day one of my kids tells me I'm beautiful (even if it's when I first get up!!).
2. I have the knowledge and resources to make myself thin.
3. I have been fortunate to not have developed any health problems caused by my weight.
4. I found this website.
5. My mom and sister our there to support me in my weight loss struggles.
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
1.) My boyfriend, who insists I do my diet right when I don't want to. And accepts my weight.
2.) My better outlook on life...which is helping me to not depressed...and is making me feel much better.
3.) Lean pockets.
4.) My friend, Lemon, who lets me hug on her when my back hurts and I'm tired.
5.) Audrey Hepburn movies, and Audrey Hepburn herself, for being an inspiration to me no matter what.
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
My 5 for the day
1. My "me time"
2. My new job
3. This thread- for encouraging me to spend a moment being thankful!
4. This awsome place ;)
5. My exercise DVDs
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
AWESOME....glad to see that everyone is enjoying the thread. Makes me very happy. :-)
Sometimes, my five may seem the same, and as RockinRobin stated in her post a day or so ago, I too am always, without doubt very thankfull for certain things in my life like my family, friends, heat, shelter, food, etc. Sometimes I like to write it down. I think it is great that we all enjoy this thread. I love to read all the posts. Makes me smile. Happiness and hugs to you all. Have a great night.
My five things...
1. My fuzzy baby blue slipper socks
2. Phone calls from my Mom
3. My own washer and dryer (never thought I would be happy to do laundry...ha ha ha ha)
4. Puppy kisses
5. Freedom of speach (Lord knows I like to talk)
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
1. My mom and husband, who know me and understand me and share my enthusiasm (about this site, etc.), and are just so loving and warm. You too dad :)
2. That my ankle was okay today and I could do my exercise.
3. FOr this site, I think I struck gold!
4. For my treadmill!!!!!! I hate winter! Im such an outdoor type of person and yes I can frolick in the cold but I don'ttttttt like to!
5. for my darling and loving animals, each and every one of them!
02-02-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm thankful for my motorbike
I'm thankful for the Tesco that I can call into every day to buy fresh fruit :T
I'm thankful for Fitday
I'm thankful for ibuprofen and paracetamol!!!
I'm thankful that I joined the best MMA club in the world! :lol: :D
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
1.that we are getting snow :) been a pretty snow-free year so far
2.my aquarium, i love watching my fishies swim
3.the fact that my son learned to sit up and crawl in the last 2 weeks YAY!
4.sugar free kool-aid....i try to limit my intake but its soooo yummy
5.for 3fc its an amazing website with amazing people!
02-02-2007, 08:59 AM
a good sleep
a kiss good morning
a kiss goodbye
and cottage cheese
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Today's 5 things I'm thankful for as they pertain to my weightloss.
:) Fresh Garlic
:) My garlic press
:) Toothpaste and mouthwash
:) Chicken breasts
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm going to go with
1) THAT I'M GOING TO TUCSON FOR THE GEM SHOW TOMORROW. A biggie :)
2) Fitday/3FC for getting me through
3) Not losing ALL of my boobs with weight loss (although I miss my butt terribly)
4) My family, especially my mother who is STILL worried that I might be dead when she hasn't heard from me in... 3 hours. Seriously, we talked at 4pm, she called at 10 and couldn't get through, and SO relieved the next morning. :-P Jewish mothers are silly.
5) My blowtorch! Nobody understands me but my blowtorch. There's nothing like melting stuff to make you feel better - and you get pretty jewelry in the end!
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Love this thread!!
1. My great new job
2. Seeing sundogs (http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/opt/ice/sd.rxml) this morning!
3. Finally finally finding my way back on track, after a 3-month diversion
4. Living in a first-world country, being able to not have to experience poverty
5. A healthy family and a healthy me
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
11) My polar fleece comforter
12) Exercise videos and DVDs
13) my microwave oven
14) The scale doesn't register 210 anymore!
15) I ate really well yesterday yet kept calories within my limits
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
1. boca burgers. they are only 1 point!!
5. my car which i am extremely thankful for
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Today I am thankful for...
1. The fact that I finally started on this weightloss journey and am enjoying it
2. Having been a nonsmoker for a year
3. Having a place to live that I feel comfortable in, with the most amazing guy to share it with
4. My iPod, for making working out and walking way more fun!
5. The fact that it is FRIDAY!!!
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I love taking a minute to read everyone else's 'thankfuls'.
1. my good friends
2. my house-it isn't much but I really love it
3. tv- I know, sounds bad but I'm hooked
4. my scruffy pup
5. my honey will be home soon
02-02-2007, 10:59 PM
1. That I've really stuck to my plan for three days in a row -- which makes me a much more enjoyable mom -- I just feel more relaxed, calm and enjoy my kids more when I'm doing well.
2. That we finally got snow (I know, I'm odd), my kids have been begging to make a snowman for weeks!!
3. That my husband has finally stopped asking me daily "did you go to the gym today".
4. Vegetable trays -- I'm not interested in all the effort to chop all of them up, but love just grabbing a handful and snacking.
5. As always, last but not least -- my family, friends, home and financial stability.
02-03-2007, 01:24 AM
1. My warm winter coat
2. E-mail so I can keep in contact with friends far away and over seas
3. Lysol Sanitizing Wipes.... those babies work on everything. LOVE IT!
4. That I only had one slice of pizza and was ok with that.
5. My cordless phone
02-03-2007, 08:05 AM
My darling DH
and the fact that I cannot blow 'everything' by having one bad eating day
02-03-2007, 09:49 AM
1.digital cable, i LOVE getting the US superstations(KLTA,WPIX.etc)
2.my exercize bike, so i can stay at home exercize and watch my new digi cable lol
4.watermelon being on sale at the grocery store :D
5.playpens-they keep my newly crawling 9 month old away from the dangerous stuff when im doing dishes
02-03-2007, 10:12 AM
16) Blue, sunny skies:D
17) my new washing machine
19) my new lacy and SEXY bikini panties (No more "Granny Panties"!) :carrot:
20) My newly-sized engagement and wedding rings (down four sizes!)
02-05-2007, 01:38 AM
1. That is was sunny today (grey days affect my mood)
2. That I did my exercise tape today as planned and that my ankle is okay.
3. That I did very good today with my food plan.
4. That I can come here and read and post, that we have each other for support and inspiration.
5. FOr my positive attitude right now, which is so very important!
May I add a sixth? THank you Ted for getting it, for understanding , and for leaving me to my own devices! :) It makes a world of differnce.
02-05-2007, 04:06 AM
21) I didn't devour the plate of cheese during the Super Bowl but had green peppers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots instead.
22) I'm not homeless (Temps here are in the minus digits for wind chill!)
23) My sons got the Snow Day they were hoping for
24) Our fireplace
25) Life Cereal
02-05-2007, 07:11 AM
My 5 Weightloss things to be thankful for today:
:) Danon Lit and Fit fat free 60 calorie yogurt
:) My reistance band
:) My bodies ability to lose so much weight after all the bad food I've eaten in the past and my former lack of exercise
02-05-2007, 07:34 AM
1) My little blow heater
2) that it's not TOO cold!
3) That the gym is almost next door
4) New gym clothes :D
5) New Camelbak water bottle :drool: *slurp slurp*
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Five things I'm thankful for today:
That it's a new day, and even though yesterday didn't go so well, I can start over.
That I made it through the whole day yesterday (and this morning) without weighing myself.
That I went grocery shopping and have a fridge full of good foods.
That today is a quiet day with no place to go so I can just hang out for a change.
For my exercise ball -- so that when Nicholas naps, I can exercise and still watch my court tv shows!!
02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Things I am thankful for today:
1. mock danish
3. no work until 11:00 tonight
4. my computer so I can read up on other peoples triumphs
5. I was good yesterday when it came to food for the superbowl
02-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm starting my day with the 'thankfuls' today. Might help adjust my atitude a bit.
1. that I've been on a streak with my workouts. Yay me!
2. hugs, I really like hugs :hug:
3. like Shelby, I've stayed away from the scale-very hard for me.
5. that my kids are healthy this week
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
That we have one car that DID start this morning and grumpy DH took it to work.
02-06-2007, 09:26 AM
My 5 weightloss things to be thankful for today:
:) Skim milk
:) Will power
:) My DVD player and television
02-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Strong legs :strong:
Internet registry for races
Inspiration in the gym
central heating :)
02-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Today I am grateful for...
1. Losing 8 inches (over 9 measurements) in the past 4 weeks! WOO HOO!
2. The fact that I'm feeling so much better, mood-wise, than I have in 6 months
3. The fact that I talked myself into waking up and working out before work
4. My boyfriend
5. My iPod
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
26) My fuzzy warm slippers
27) My exercise ball
28) Winking Lizard BBQ sauce
30) my husband is a Geek ( math, computers, electronics and pretty much everything else that I have no clue about!) :hug:
02-06-2007, 05:18 PM
1.) My boyfriend, who wants me to make it a lifestyle change instead of a diet...and for when he got very mad at me for wanting to starve
2.) The fact that the stomach can shrink back to a smaller size
3.) My boyfriend's birthday today
4.) That even if I binged yesterday I still drank water all day
5.) My lifestyle change I will be starting today and for the rest of my life
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
1. That I completed my first weeks exercise goals.
2. for the company and support here
3. that even though I slipped up on my plan yesterday, I have a good and positive attitude about today!
4. my treadmill
5. for the haddock my dad brought me
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Today I am thankful for...
1. The fact that even though I messed up for the first time yesterday, I am starting to realize that it's not the end of the world
2. The fact that even though I messed up yesterday, I got back OP today
3. The fact that my boyfriend was so supportive and understanding of me being upset for going off plan yesterday
4. The fact that my boss is not at work for half the day today
5. The fact that tomorrow is FINALLY Friday!
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Today's 5 weightloss related things I am thankful for today:
:) Green Beans
:) Spaghetti Squash
:) My Scale
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
1) My husband for calling in sick to take care of the kids because I am so sick I can barely sit up.
2) My daughter finally deciding it was ok to go potty at preschool instead of holding it for hours on end.
3) Myself for "illness comforting" with a frozen banana, tangerine, yogurt and cranberry smoothie rather than my old icecream soda. (Sore throat - need COLD)
4)Online grocery shopping
5)That I never ever in my life have to eat shirataki noodles again. :p
02-09-2007, 03:22 AM
1. that we c hange the clocks ahead this year 3 weeks early!
2, the haddock again, thanks dad :)
3. that I have a light here now and can see!
4. for another successful day
5. health and happiness to and for my loved ones! and to all!
02-09-2007, 05:59 AM
That I have a motorbike to get to work
That the roads weren't TOO slippy!
That I finished that :devil: evil jar of belgian chocolate sauce!
That the scales squinched down a pound this morning
That I feel perfectly able to be POP for the forseeable future
02-09-2007, 09:04 AM
31) my terry cloth robe
35) flannel sheets
02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Today I'm thankful for:
2. Being able to talk to my bf about something that was bothering me last night and having him understand.
3. Working out today despite not wanting to
4. The fact that it's not -30C out (it's -20, but I'm trying to be positive)
5. Sugar-free gum
02-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Haven't posted in awhile. Been crazy busy....
1. Our new Toy Pomeranian puppy "Maxwell"
2. Bottled water
4. The ability to count out an appropriate amount of pretzel sticks for a snack.
5. My other puppy Spike.
02-09-2007, 07:50 PM
2. my new weights
3. that every day is a chance for a fresh start
4. peace in the family this week
5. my pillow
02-09-2007, 07:54 PM
5. 5 pm on a friday
02-10-2007, 01:34 PM
3 fat chicks
My cup of coffee
02-10-2007, 01:58 PM
2. a hot shower
3. the weekend
5. my exercise bike
02-11-2007, 12:54 AM
1. This site!
2. my dear darling husband who managed to pull me out of one of those dreaded depressive moments!
3. health! at least to my knowlege
4. that spring is right around the corner
5. I can begin walking outdoors soon!
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
LOOOOL GODESS, hahaha :) I just saw your post dated feb. 9 and I started laughing! I can relate! hope your feeling better : )
1. That I went out for lunch and a nice drive today
2. That I accomplished another week of goals and tomorrow I begin a new week.
3. My pants button comfortably now!
4. that I did my aerobics today
5. That I stayed away from Acalpocos and their margaritas all week.
02-12-2007, 01:50 AM
1. My parents new Pom, Princess Zsa Zsa
2. Being able to go on a 320 mile round trip journey to get Princess Zsa Zsa with my husband and my parents. Many hours in the car...but time well spent with loved one's.
3. Bottled Water
5. This website
02-12-2007, 02:34 AM
1. ...that even though I have a terrible blister to show for my choice of shoes, I put together a great outfit for my performance tonight and looked stunning.
2. ...that I managed to find a single bandaid in my medicine cabinet.
3. ...that I did my DDRing BEFORE the performance, before I had this blister.
4. ...for my friends in the choir; they are such wonderful people.
5. ...that I found my cameral last night (after searching for weeks) so I was able to get pics of myself looking great for my SO.
Wow. That really serves to refocus the mind, doesn't it? I was just on AIM with said SO, whining about my blistered heel and the fact that my hip is really badly bruised from misjudging the edge of a chair...not actually that big a deal, is it? ;)
02-12-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm thankful I am me
02-12-2007, 07:27 PM
1. My parents and husbands excitement and happiness for me that I am doing well (my brother too!) and for their encouragement and support.
2. For this site, and for finding such beautiful encouraging and supportive people!
3. That I started taking care of myself again!
4. That my mom is coming over tomorrowand after her, hubby, and I, are going out tomorrow night! (big snowstorm due late tuesday night).
5. That I know this time I am going to do it!
02-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Today I am thankful
*that I got a haircut, finally
*that I just finished my workout
*that I've exercised everyday for the past 8 days-no misses
*that I'm feeling really optimistic lately- gotta go with it!
*for all the wonderful people in my life that make me smile
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Today, I'm thankful for....
1) Sun shining through my window, even if its a dark basement... on a Saturday morning
2) Coffee, muffin and oatmeal brunch.... maybe I'll have another muffin? After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day :D
3) Motivation to study today.... at least 100 pages of work
4) Amazing music like rachael Yamagata
5) that I did some exercise yesterday... Its been 5 months since I did and it felt too good. I'll do it again today ;)
02-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Everyone... I haven't posted on this thread yet but I needed some extra umph getting back on track today after my past week of mini-cheats so here goes:
1. I'm thankful that I actually managed to still lose 2lbs even though I was misbehaving all week...just goes to show that even when I'm being bad now its no where near what my old eating habits were!
2. I'm thankful that the sun is out today and that the roads are driveable so I can get to the gym!
3. I'm thankful that my Masters Degree Diploma got delivered..makes me feel accomplished...like hey..if I can do that then i can do this
4. I'm thankful I still have 3 weeks to really amp it up before my first unveiling to my out of town friends since I started
5. I'm thankful for 3fc whithout which this past week could have been the week I gave up!
02-17-2007, 02:58 PM
1. My husband for taking care of the kids while I partied last night
2. A new day
3. Freecycle for helping me get rid of clutter!
4. My son for giving me smiles that make me feel beautiful
5. My Mom'sclub for providing me a circle of women friends for the first time in my life.
02-17-2007, 05:55 PM
and the internet in general
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
1. that I'm a sahm
2. that we live near great sledding hills
3. for antibiotics
4. for the sunshine we have today
5. iceburg lettuce-love it
02-19-2007, 08:27 PM
1, That I maintained this week! no loss but no gain!
2. that i have been keeping up with my exercise goals
3. that my dear sweet neice will be visiting tomorrow
4. That i feel better, both mentally and physically!
5. that the darn month of february is about over! : )