Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Online Swimsuit shopping

So, now that I've started a swim class I've realized that my so cute very cleavage showing wear once a year on the beach swim suit was NOT meant for a jumping up and down type of workout. Between the black eyes and the near flashings... I think I need a better swim suit.
Of course this is not the time of year to buy one. I was browsing a bit online and couldn't find anything that looked big enough or supportive enough or that had a price tag that didn't make me laugh in disbelief.
Has anyone had any experiences they'd like to share or suggestions of where to get something that would fit my body and my budget?
Thanks guys!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #2  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

I've bought my water aerobics wear from the Junonia catalog/website. junonia.com.

To ensure easy movement (no uncomfortable pulling), I suggest buying separates--for example, I wear their swim briefs along with several of the racer-back tops that I alternate from week to week. That way, when you're doing vertical arm movements, your shoulders don't feel weighted down by pulling against your bottoms, and--on the other end--you never feel like you're going to suffer a wedgie.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Lizzi, you're funny.
Junonia is great.
Also, there is a bunch of links here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/moo/shape-up-banner.html
Old 10-12-2004, 04:39 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Junonia. I highly recommend their suits. I got the chloroban one for swimming at the gym and some other cute number for the beach. They're expensive but they LAST. I've had this one for nearly 3 years with very little wear and tear.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:44 AM   #5  

Thanks for the help guys. I sucked it up and spent the money on a chlorban swimsuit fom junonia. I should receive it in about a week and a half if i'm lucky..

I'll let you know what i think. first time i've purchased any clothing online. i'm scared. *L*
Old 10-31-2004, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

How is the lighting in the fitting rooms at the online shopping?
Old 10-31-2004, 11:06 PM   #7  

Kinda dark.. Aparently they think normal height for fatties is 6 feet tall or something. *LOL* It's a little long in the torso, but it does the trick.

They have you take measurements to get the right size, except they didn't bother to throw in there a torso length. not everyone is an amazon darn it.
Closed Thread