Old 10-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat!

Good morning everyone!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:41 AM   #2  

Ok, made a decision. I am staying with the low carb thing. I will add a few HEALTHY things in here or there but I am staying with this. This is the only thing that has worked for me in years and I am not about to quit now.
Funny thing was, yesterday I was "counting" my points as in Weight Watchers and it was neck and neck as to carbs vs. points.
The one thing I am worried about is the Yoplait Whips! I love those suckers but they are high in carbs. Now, I know about the articles saying yogurt is a good carb but it sure makes the numbers high!!!!!
Oh, well, lets just get through this week and see how it goes.

The bronchitis is in full swing. If it gets worse I will call the asthma doc and see if he will suggest something. Not going to suffer through this like I always do.
Sleeping is going SOOOOOO well now. I am like a new person. It is a drug enduced sleep but still.....sleep is sleep! I am going to take the pills for this week and may try and not take them next week and see what happens. I hate taking this crap. I wake up instead of 3am at 5:30 or so. I can live with that. If I had any brains I would get up and get ready for work so that I could be on time for a change!

Off to log my food for today into Fitday!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Jane: Morning Glad your soul searching is done and you've decided to stick w/LC. It's interesting that the points and carb count were close. It was nice to hear Take care of yourself and try and get some rest to get over that bronchitis!!

Well, it's Tuesday. I've got another killer headache. Sinus caused or depletion of carbs? Or both? Either way I'm tempted not to go to work. Managed to stay OP so that's a good thing. Nothing new happening in my world (won't mention the scale). It's COLLLDDDD here!! I never went yesterday to apply at Wal-Mart like I was going to. Forgot my resume that has all my information I'll need on it (at least, I think it's got all the info on it). Dh isn't happy cuz he doesn't want me working another job...or on weekends. So the question I've been asking myself is. Do I REALLY want to get another part-time job? Do I want to wait another year or two before going full-time at a different job? Do I want to work at WAL-MART? lol. Maybe the grocery store would be better? Confusion confusion!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning Everyone.

Jane, I am sorry about the bronchitis. I hope that you feel better very soon. I am glad that you decided to stay with LC. You know I am planning to go into pre-maintenance phase and have started eating more fruits and the craving is still under the control. I saw your message from yesterday that you wanted to get some carrots. Maybe you too like to consider pre-maintenance too. I don’t remember exactly what I read in the book about this phase, I have to reread it now, but until then I am going to eat anything fresh in small quantities and not worry about carbs. However, at this point, I don’t think I will ever miss cookies, or crackers, or rice or bread that I have to have them. Those have been written off of my eating plan. However chocolate is another story. Oh boy, LOL.

Anyhow, today is my six months anniversary and I am static. I can’t believe how much change, for the better, I have made in these past six months. I am so happy that I can’t believe it, LOL. However I am concern about my weight loss effort at this point. I am getting comfortable in my skin with less than 10 pounds to go. And thus I am getting more and more tempted with all these chocolates around. Actually I also saw Carb Control Kitkats and Hershey’s kisses. Of course I haven’t dared buying them yet, but I am thinking I might slip. That is why Leenie thank you for starting the TG challenge. I need that so much right now. I am going to go sigh up and keep myself accountable.

Anyhow, have a great cheat free day everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #5  

Brenda: Hope your headache is gone soon. Do you NEED to get a second job or are you just looking for something to do? Hope that wasn't too personal

Rachel: Sounds like you have the right idea. You have done AWESOME this past 6 months....congrats by the way......I think that adding in some healthy carb food is ok. I guess I should read up on the pre-maintenance section of the book and see if it has any words of wisdom for me too.

I don't know if I can do the Thanksgiving Challenge.....no cheats from now until then?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Brenda, I loved your pictures. You have such a beautiful family. I hope that your headache is not sinus related and would go away very soon. Also good luck deciding what would you like to do job wise.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:46 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone!

Jane: Glad that you decided to stay with the Atkins plan. Also, glad that you have been getting some good sleep. Hope that the bronchitis is gone soon. I seem to get it almost every winter. Trying so hard not to this year. I wouldn't be able to take meds and think it would probably kill me! Hope that you have a great day!

Brenda: Hope that your headache goes away soon! Good luck with whatever you decide about the other job! I saw your family pics...and they are sooooooo good!!! You look absolutely terrific and SKINNY!!!! Both of your DD's are so cute! Cute DH as well! Hope that you have a great day and get to feeling better!

Rachel: Congrats on the loss! You have done great on this WOE! You should be so proud of yourself! Have a great day and keep up the great work!

Well, nothing much happening here today. Finally starting to feel good and enjoy this pregnancy. Hard to believe that only 14 more weeks to go!!!! I go this week for my Gest. Diabeties test. Hope that goes good. Baby is kicking like crazy now! Seems like the night time is her time. Every night around 9 or so she starts wiggling around and kicking me! This is the greatest feeling. Makes all of those months of morning sickness worth it! I feel her some during the day, but nothing like the nights! Oh well, guess I better get ready for another day or work! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:05 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning!!

Just a quickie as I head back to work.

Hope you all are feeling better and being OP Sorry I haven't read up on y'all but I will later.

Hugs !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!!

Well yesterday I was OP all day and feeling alot better, I was going to start back to the gym today but I can't sem to shake this dang bronchitis, I think it is getting better and then it comes back w/ a new symptom!! It sucks!

Jane: Glad you are sticking w/ it!!

B- Hope you are better soon!

Lisa: That is the only thing I really miss about being pregnant is that wonderful feeling that little life swimming around inside!

Hi Leenie!!!

Rachel: CONGRATS!! On the 6 month anniversary, I can't believe my year anniversary is on Saturday!! Great Job
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 AM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Morning all!

Jane- Are you taking Ambien? That stuff is like magic.....and as long as you get in 7 or so hours, theres no drowsiness....

Brenda-I do't even want to work ONE job, much less two....but here I am at year 17....DH has been making noises lately about wanting to move back to his hometown in Georgia....I told him, "the day we move back is the day I retire so you better start makin money honey!"

Rachael- less than 10 pounds! way to go girl! Keep at it and promise yourself those kitkats when you hit goal!

Mrs H.-Isnt that the way it always is? they never want your attention until you want to sleep!

TG- Bronchitis is the WORST!...hope you start feeling better- are you allergic to codiene? always makes me feel better

Well, It's day 4 of "bald faced husband" watch....today he came in and asked me if his face looked fat....welcome to my world darling....welcome to my world.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #11  

Lisa: That must be the strangest (but nice) feeling....something moving inside you. I can't believe you only have 14 more weeks to go...that was quick. You may not have thought so having been so sick at the beginning!

Leenie:

Theo'sgirl: Bronchitis...I can relate. I am dealing with a case now...do you use an inhaler? I find that that helps. If you head is drippy or stuffy...take some Sudafed to dry it up so that the drip stops...otherwise you will never get rid of the cough. I am not a doctor I just play one on the web

Marie: I am taking Sonata. It is a 4 hour pill. The point was that I was supposed to take it at 3am when I woke up but I decided to take it when I went to bed and hope that it keeps me asleep. I am also watering down my wine and that seems to be helping as well...damn.
Having 4 brothers I remember many a beard or mustache and when they would cut them off their faces would look chubby for a while! I love a clean shaven face!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Jane: Glad to hear you're sleeping better.

Marie: Is he planning on growing it back or keeping it shaved?

TG: Congrats on staying OP!! Not sure if I could do that while sick!

Leenie: Don't work too hard

Lisa: Oh exciting!! Baby life moving. I remember thinking of the movie "aliens" every time my kids would move Why did it seem the time flew faster with you pregnant than when I was?? Can't wait for the day you come in "I had the baby"

Jane: I'm taking it a day at a time w/the TG challenge. Trying to figure out where my resolve went. Seemed one minute I was fine and next I was cheating up a storm on weekends. ARGH! I think adding in a few more carbs would be a good thing to help you (and me? lol) stay on track. I guess I don't NEED another job. But it'd be nice to get the credit card actually paid of along with the home equity. We're not getting any headway on either because we can only pay the minimum payment. Add to that oldest daughter gets her braces on next month and they're requiring a $200 down payment and $100 a month payment plan. So the "extra" money from another part-time job would come in handy. *sigh* I don't know what to do!

Rachel: Congrats on your 6 month anniversary and for being so close to goal. You're now experiencing what I've gone through. Only thing is--I gave in to the urge to "treat" myself. Congrats on being OP so well!!

Well, the headache is a minor ache now. Took a sinus meds pill. It made my nose run and took SOME of the headache away. So that's a good thing. Came home and had a LC wrap w/some turkey ham. Not induction material but still better than bread or some other high carb material so not counting it as a cheat I would like the see the scale go DOWN again. I've gained the 2 pounds back
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:16 PM   #13  

Boy, Brenda....with all that going on now wonder you are thinking of a second job. I would look for something fun to do at least so that it didn't seem like such a job. If I had to get a second job I would look at a florist, makeup counter at Filenes, fabric store............What I would not do is wait on people again! I had my share of that in my younger years and lets just say that me and "people" did not get along! I'm much better now really I am!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:30 PM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Marie....How did you know I am allergic to Codeine, i am thinking you have ESP now!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda- Oh, he's growing it back...no doubt, Im just glad I got to see him without even if it was my fault!

TG- Seems like everyone is allergic to codeine...boy Im glad im not
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote