Old 10-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's 273 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:10 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Tuesday

Good morning ladies. Sorry I was mia, no baby yet. I've been busy on my site, but after going to that seminar last night I don't think I'm going to go anywhere with it right now. It would take some more $ out of pocket as well as lots of time and dh is trying to get his business off the ground, and it's a complicated one, and our house and school and the baby and girl scouts. I just don't think I need to put my extra effort and not to mention NO $ into anything like that yet. But I love the internet so maybe one day after we're comfy in our home and dh's business has taken off somewhat then I'll be able to push something like that right now.
Anyways, I'm 6 months today and we close on the house loan TODAY!! Our first Girl Scouts meeting is Thursday. Sis had several hard contractions last night about 20 minutes apart but she managed to go to sleep. They tell you if they're the real deal you won't be able to sleep and if you can then go ahead because you need all the rest and energy as you can get. So it very likely might be today sometime if she gets up and does some walking and squatting, we'll see.

Cindi, sorry to hear about what's been going on. Hope it all gets better today.

Jaymi, glad you popped in. Sorry to hear how things are going but stick around this time and this support team will help you all the way.

Hi to Mel, Deana, Spryng, Penny, Jill, Chris, Geri, Ricci and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope your day goes well.
With dh home he takes over my desk and computer so I don't get as much time to check in here. By tomorrow he'll be outside working on the house so we'll see if I can get back to my normal posting state. TTYL
Old 10-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Unhappy Oops!!!

Oops!!! I deleted my posts trying ot get rid of the other thread and didn't realize they would delete from this thread too.

Ok, in short the other one said......WI this morning was down 3.5 lbs and I lost .5 inches off my hips.

I need to get busy and run to get scout stuff today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Looks like another slow day on the thread.I guess that is normal for this time of year.
I don't have much planned today. Clean house and wait for DH to get home. He probably won't be home until this evening though. So I'm making a crockpot rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight. What are you all having?
I have the QOTD today, so let me think: What is your favorite gem or jewel and if you could have any piece of jewelry what would it be?
Answer: My favorite gem is the Opal. I just love the natural beauty of it, especially the black opal, which I don't own any. I do have several white ones. And I would love love love dh to buy me a diamond wrap for my wedding set. But I don't actually own many "real" jewelry. I have my wedding set, a opal anniversary ring, one pair of diamond earings and that is it. I'm not really into fancy jewelry but if money were no object I could probably get into it, lol.

Crystal, I hope today is the day for your sis!!! And congrats on the closing of those house loan! I can't wait for you guys to start building

Deana, congrats on the loss!! That is a great loss and inches gone! Fantastic!

Jaymi, how are ya! So glad you stopped in. So are you getting back OP or still thinking about what to do next? So you gave up on Core? If you need any help getting started again you know I'm here for you!

Penny, I don't mind salsa on my eggs at times. When I was on Atkins it was the only way I could choke them down because I was so burnt out on them. The salmon came out ok. Wasn't what I wanted but it was food. I think I just don't like salmon as much as tilapia or any other white fish. So excited about you signing up at the gym! I wish I could go too! Let me know how you like it!

Cindi, hope today is better than yesterday for you! Did your headache go away?

Chris how are you today?

Jill, I wish all the time I was at Oprah's studio during some of her shows, especially the christmas one where she gives out tons of great stuff. Last year she even gave everyone a diamond necklace that was worth alot of money! I still haven't seen her show from yesterday. I tried catching up this morning but after catching up on my soaps and dr. phil I just had to get up and start getting around here, so I'll watch her later. I love baby showers though so I'm sure I'll love it!

Well I better get off here and get in the shower. I need to run to the grocery store today and get some milk and bread. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning..
Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing. I got the girls off to school and laundry in the washer. Most of the house is clean so me and my sister are going to go around to our area sponsers to pick up more clues to find the Great Pumpkin. Maybe we will find it and win 500 bucks. Wouldn't that be great. I definitely could use some money. We are feeling kind of broke right now.
I did my WI yesterday. No loss, but no gain either. I'm blaming it on TOM! This morning I managed to avoid a breakfast disaster and talked myself out of a high fat breakfast and ate my oatmeal instead. I think I may be getting a handle on my eating habits...finally!

Crystal-For as much contractions as your sister is having....something has to happen soon. Around here, my family always joke around about taking the pregnant person for a ride over bumpy roads and other sorted activities to get labor going. Can't say any of them actually work. They drove me over bumpy roads with Kayla and Nicole and those 2 little ones held on for an extra two weeks each.

Deana...WTG on the weight loss! You are doing so awesome. Be proud, gal!

Hi to the rest of you SAHM girls. I should get off of here and started pinning my pattern down for Kayla's costume. She wants to be Belle this year. I always try to make my own costumes. For Tiana's first Halloween, I sewed her a baby cow costume. 2 years ago, I made Kayla into a baby duck. This year is Belle, Nicole is a purple dinosaur and Tiana wants to be Lizzie McGuire.
It's fun to make stuff that is unique. Well I better get at it. TTFN.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Quiet around here again today.
Deana, WTG on the loss. That is a huge loss, be so proud of yourself.
Chris, sis hasn't had anymore contractions since last night. This little baby just isn't ready.
Spryng, glad you're doing okay.
QOTD: never thought about it. I'm not a big jewelry person. My wedding ring is platinum with diamonds and that's all I wear, sometimes I wear necklaces and ear rings but not often. So I don't guess I have a favorite gem. My birthstone is a ruby so I would probably like to have a few.
Okay, dh has been home all morning, he just left for a while before we go to closing but I'm starting to get used to him being around more and his new routine. I'm having to get a new one out of it but that's okay. Because he's working on his business stuff and he's really, really, really excited and into this he has been in such a good mood.
I gotta go clean up from lunch and get ready to shower. TTYL...after we close on the house.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello all! Let's see, Spryng, I didn't just give up on Core.. I gave up on exercise and everything! LOL My MIL sent me some WW stuff in the mail. But.. I don't know I just felt soo bad!!

Crystal- I'm going to definately stick around this time!
Hi to any new comers and everyone else !!

Ok, I'm not a real jewelry person.. anymore... I like it.. but I don't know the stone names or anything. I guess you could say a diamond is my favorite! Or cubic zirconia or anything else that's sparkly! I like pink and blue topaz stones too.

Well so far today I didn't sleep as late as usual.. but I didn't do anything either. Last night I didn't exercise.. but I cleaned ALOT So I think that helped burn something. Today I already started bad eating at Wendy's but.. I want to exercise after I get offline. At least 30 minutes of Denise Austin before it's time to pick up my son. The plumber is supposed to be coming.. I wish he 'd hurry so that I can take another nap! (oops bad girl!) Anyways I just plan on making me a salad later. I'm cooking hot dogs... since my dh went shopping.. of course he didn't get anything healthy. He said he couldn't find any wheat buns... but I do have f/f weiners if I choose to eat a hot dog. Not really looking forward to that right now though! Anyways I hope everyone is having a great day. I better get off now before it's too late!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! I slept in again and I am getting stuff ready for Teagans party! Yayyyy! Then afterwards I'm going to see if hubby wants to go exercise with me (no no you sickos I mean real exercise!!)

Spryng we call it a chili bake but all it is is about 10 lbs of homemade chili in a crockpot lol. I'm also going to make some baked potatoes incase anyone wants a chili potatoe.

Ok guys sorry to cut short but I gotta run and get the cake etc.... Love to you all!
Michelel
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:30 PM   #9  

I weighed in today and no change. I am really disappointed bc I was really on core this week. Maybe it is not my thing. I will try another week of the core before a switch. I am also having some cramping like an ovarian cyst, so maybe that is causing some swelling.

Bad for me on the workouts 0/2. I am planning on doing something today. Well, I have MOMS Night out to look forward tonight. I think I will just get a salad. I am not too excited about the place but love the outing.

QOTD: Dh just sold a jewelry store last year, so he has gotten me some nice things. Diamonds are my fav, but my fav piece is my engagement ring that he hand crafted for me. It is so special.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:34 PM   #10  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Ok ladies I feel like our group is going downhill! LOL Just kidding I think everyone is just busy. I guess with kids in school (and us too!) it just gets hectic. Anyway I am doing good this week. I went to the gym, got my 100 oz of water and was OP yesterday and today I have gone to the gym and have had a little water and have been OP so far so I am excited! I am also excited because 3 friends that I have lost tough with have contacted me in the last couple days! Well one of them I contacted and she wrote back but the other 2 made the effort themselves and we are making plans to get together soon! Makes me feel really good. One of them has 2 kids but the other two don't have any and aren't married either. It's kind of hard for me to have a steady conversation with people who aren't married and don't have kids because I feel like that is all I have to talk about. Not that I don't want to make the effort but it's just hard. It will be fun though so I am super excited. Anyway today is my day off from school so I have quite a few things to do around the house and for my homework so I am going to get personal and then get off this thing for awhile. But if anyone wants to fly with me I will do that too!

Oh ya I forgot. My friend that had 4 boys and was finally pregnant with her girl had her yesterday, 7 weeks early! She had toxemia really bad and they were afraid she would have a stroke so they had to induce her. She was having contractions for a day or so and when the baby's heart rate kept dropping they said they would have to take her C-section. My friend Shawna said "but I feel pressure" the doc said no I just checked you 10 minutes ago and you were a 4. Shawna (my friend) said I know I feel pressure I've had 4 babies!! And 1 push later there she was! Isn't that crazy! Anyway the baby is doing good and will be able to come home in 3 weeks instead of 5 or 7 so they are excited about that. I am going to go see her this afternoon or evening. I'm just glad everything is ok.

Jaymi glad your back! You can get back on track I know it! Just hang with us till you know you are ready, sometimes it takes awhile and start slow!

Crystal so excited about your house! It will be so great when you are done!!! Keep us updated on your sis. I am so excited for her and I don't even know her! She doesn't know what it is right?

Deana you are so awesome!! WTG on the pounds down!! I'm hoping to lose some this week too!!

Spryng the baby shower on Oprah was for 640 military wives that all got pregnant around the same time when their husbands got home from their tour of duty! Isn't that nuts!! They were all from the same base too! I couldn't believe it. I was crying yesterday watching it because Martina McBride came on and sang "in my daughters eyes" and it was so beautiful! I am crying just typing it right now! LOL Anyway one of the ladies went into labor on the show and they showed her baby being born on a big screen with Cindy Crawford doing a "play by play", It was cool. Hopefully before I die I can reap some of Oprahs benefits! LOL Hope you are having a good day. Want to fly?

Chris those costumes sound so cute! I wanted to make Bayleys this year but am running out of time and I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Plus the fact that I can really only sew a straight line! LOL I need to perfect my skills before I go botching her first costume! LOL Good luck getting them done!

HI Michelle. You are staring school next week! I am here for you! We can be study buddies!! LOL Don't lose touch with us all together. You are going to have a lot on your plate. Teagans birthday sounds great! We are having a chili bake at my sil for my neice's birthday this weekend too! So cool!

Ok gals too much time on here and not enough time doing what I should be doing. I'll TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:07 PM   #11  

Jill I'm with ya on the studying thing!! I still don't have my books but they have been paid for and should be here sometime this week! I love chili and so does teagan so thats why we decided to have a chili bake for her. I've got to make the rice crispie treats and the cookies and we'll be good to go!!

Melinda hang in there and I hope you brgin to feel better!!

Cindi how the heck are ya?

Ok guys I'm running off to staples and office max to check out some laptops.
TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 10-12-2004, 03:37 PM   #12  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking Afternoon Ladies

Hey girls_thought i'd post real quick while I have a chance.

Jaymi-Glad to hear from you.I've been gone from here awhile also and just started back a few days ago.Stick with this and we will support you as best we can.I'm starting slow this time.For instance i'm just making sure I drink my water and at least exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes.And instead of doing 30 minutes all at once do 10 minutes at a time after every meal.Even if it's just walking.That will help your matabolism go up.Anyway,I hope that will help.Nice to have you back.

Crystal--Great news about your house.Making house payments is a whole lot more fullfilling than paying rent.Not sure if you were paying rent before.But you know what I mean.Putting moneying on something that you know you will own one day is alot better than paying rent forever.It will be fun making memories in your new house.ENJOY IT.I know you feel blessed.

Deanna-- Awesome job on the weightloss.WTG keep up the great job.

Michelle-Hope you have a great day with Teagan at her party.Eat a piece of cake for us.Tell her we hope all her birthday wishes come true.

Jill-When do you get to meet up with your old friends?That makes me want to try and contact some of my old school friends and see how they've turned out.It makes you feel good to know people think about you.Especailly old friends that you haven't heard from in a long time.That's cool

Sprng-Hello,How ya doing?That chicken sounds yummy.I'm not sure what were having yet.I'm going to look online and see if I can find something good and different that the whole family will eat and is healthy.The things I cook are pretty much healthy most of the time.I just get tired of cooking the same things so much.Have fun with your dh tonight.

QOTD:i'm like Jaymi i'm not big on jewlrey.I like small things and I prefer silver and white gold over just regular gold.

Well,i've been OP for 3 whole days now.I've been drinking 3 big things of water a day and been exercising at least 30 minutes a day.I do more if I feel froggy.lol I gues I better get off here and go check on the kids they are suppost to be cleaning their rooms.But my smallest just said her sister was being mean.so i'll check by in and post again later.Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #13  

Oh who likes the new background on the msn group site? I'm gonna put some more up to prettify it
Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

hi ladies! I missed you so much!!!! I have been SOOO busy this past weekend, I haven't even turned on the computer since wednesday night. I had 34 new emails this morning, LOL! It seems like every day was something different. Every free moment I had went towards sleeping or cleaning my house up. It was so messy, and I have a bad sinus cold which is not letting me sleep at night, so I have been enjoying the guilty pleasure of daily naps while dh was home on fri, sat and sun. Instead of coming home on Fri night like usual he came home at like noon! I was so surprised, and it was so nice! Sat was errands day and college football. Sun was the pumpkin patch and dinner, yesterday was working for dh's dad, cleaning their office (just one time really good) and then a ngiht out with the girls (my cousin and a mutual friend)...it was nice but so busy, and now today I am just trying to get things cleaned up...the trash was mountainous, and there were over 10 pairs of shoes in the entry that never got put away, etc, so I hope you understand why I was MIA until things were cleaned up a bit! LOL

DEANA - WaY TO GO! YOU ARE AWESOME! Great job girl, I am so excited for you!

HI to all you other sahms, I missed you! Hey to Jaymi too! Glad you are back!

I will try and talk to you all later tonight! I need to get the worst thing done.....laundry!!!! LOL! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:14 PM   #15  
**Kristin**

QOTD: My moms manages a jewelry store, I have LOTS of jewelry. My favorite pieces though are my wedding set and my gold ring that has a silver x over it. I like all stone, diamonds are my fav, but I love all pieces, they just have to be unique! Something that I would like to have but don't, is a diamond pendant. I would love that!

Michelle - I love the pretties on the M.L.W. sight, It is so pretty now!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote