Old 10-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM's #271 Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Sunday

Good Morning All.

QOTD (this is mine today): I know lots of your dh's work out of town but do you or any of you still make their plates at any meals?
Answer: I usually don't if it's breakfast and dh is usually not here for lunch but if he is I do and dinner I almost ALWAYS do. First I'll take his salad and tea, then I'll get that from him and take his plate and napkin to him. Once in a while I don't depending on the situation and such but most of the time I do.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I was working on the site, of course and it was Alisa's birthday so we cleaned the house some and we had people in and out all day and it rained and was drizzly so it was just a lazy day. There was NOTHING big about Alisa's birthday but I like it so much and it was so less stressful than when we plan something big. She got this big and tall barbie thing with different clothes with magnets, sort of like a paper doll and she can change the clothes, hats and accessories. She loves it. I got her a daddy and baby barbie, she got Princess and the Pauper Barbie, a Barbie case with some new clothes and some new clothes for herself. She got Barbied out of here. Andrew was like more excited than any of them, poor guy has too many girl toys around here.
Sister still has no baby. She and her dh went out last night for her birthday and during the movie she had some hard contractions and then when they left she didn't have anymore. Oh well, her real due date is tomorrow, so we'll see.
I slept good last night, Andrew woke up at 130 but went back to sleep and then again at 600 so I got up and he got back up about 620 or so. So how did everyone else sleep?

Can't get personal, Andrew is dirty and trying to take his diaper off. TTYL
Old 10-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #3  

Morning Crystal!!!

Morning everyone!

So far it's an ok day. I didn't sleep well last night. It wasn't Patrick, i just was restless. Thankfully, I don't feel to bad today. Must be that tom coming. Anyway, it's one of my bf;'s birthdays, so I am going to help her cook, so she's not along. she is having marital problems and her husband has visitation with the daughter today. I don't want her to be alone till 5. Anyway, other than that, not much planned for today. Have a good day all. I didn't get in exercise yesterday. Maybe I'll get to do some today. I have to get busy on the water though. Only one 14oz cup in so far.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning Crystal and Mel.

QOTD: Sometimes I fix his plate, like when it's something I don't want to put on the table or there are too many things liek with the taco salads the other night. But most of the time I put all the food on the table and everyone fixes their own plate. I jsut do a visual inspection to make sure the kids are eating a little of everything.

Crystal: Sounds like Alisa had a good birthday and got lots of stuff. I'm not looking forward to birthdays around here. Mine is next month, opening day of deer season, Andrew's is 4 days after Christmas and Abby's is 2 weeks after Christmas so it's kind of hectic for a while here. But I do manage to seperate them both from the holidays. I love to go to Walmart the day after Thanksgiving and hit the sales then put it in layaway until the middle of Dec. and I always get one nice gift for each birthday and jsut hold it back. Makes it sooo much easier and they don't feel cheated because it's so close to Christmas.

Mel: Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed at midnight and dd woke me up about the time dh got home from work, so about 8 hours. Still need to get my coffee and get moving. Have to pick Erik up when he calls, probably in about an hour.

Not much else planned except I am going to go by Walmart and see if the swing I want is still there and dh said he would start working on leveling out the spot I want to put it and we have some 12"x18" blocks to put under it, then we'll need sand to put between them. As long as it's still there I cna go ahead and get it today. Maybe I'll get lucky and they marked it down even more .

Need to get coffee and start on laundry.

Hope everyone has a great day.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies,
I have about 30 minutes to mess around then I better get ready for church. We went to the corn maze last night. And of course we got lost alot. I did manage to get in alot of walking though.

Not much planned for today. Church and probably home to do some more laundry. If I can talk my mom into watching my kids, I may go to the fabric store and get the stuff for Kayla's halloween costume. She wants to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Nicole is going to be a fluffy dinosaur. Tiana wants to go as Lizzie McGuire. Nicole is done and Kayla's looks a little time consuming so I have to get started soon.

QOTD: I don't fix my DH's plate very often. We usually put the food on the table and everyone just serves up what they want. It kind of makes my kids feel like they have a little control over their dinner. DH doesn't mind, I guess. At least I don't think he minds.

Well I have to check in with the WW website and log my points for the day and my exercise points for last nights "stroll" through the maze. TTFN.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:13 AM   #6  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking yeaaaah for me

Hey Ladies,
Can't really post much today.Just a quick note to let ya'll know my WI was 166.5 really cool.I post tomorrow evening.Hope everyone has a great day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well today is a lazy day for me. I have my cousin's kids here (they spent the night) so I stayed up until 1 am playing gamecube with one of them and so I'm a little tired and since I cleaned my house (for nothing!) yesterday (whole other story) I don't have anything pressing to do today.
Well, the movie yesterday was a bust. It all started with SIL calling me to tell me MIL didn't want to watch the kids over here, she wanted them at her house. Here is the problem with that, Tanner naps at 1 pm everyday and when he doesn't get a nap obviously he gets cranky. So we were leaving for the movie at 1 pm so MIL would have to make him take a nap, but the way he naps here is that you just stick him in his playpen in my room and he goes right out, at other people's houses you have to hold him down on a bed and hope he goes out. And that makes him cry alot. Ok, so first that would disrupt Tanner and second their house is congested and there is no where for the other kids to play, they all get stuck in one room with nothing to do so obviously they fight or complain. So by MIL not coming here she made her job 100% harder. So fine, whatever. So I went over there and dropped the kids off and me and SIL took off. OK, so first I had to get gas and then we needed lunch so we stopped for lunch which was a big mistake because we should have just went through the drivethrough. We lost alot of time by standing in line and all that crap. So we missed the first showing to The Forgotten, which was the movie I really wanted to see. So we got to the theater and the only other movie showing at that time was Ladder 49, which was fine with me. So we get in line to get our tickets and MIL calls... she is yelling and screaming and SIL starts screaming back (all in front of everyone at the theater, I wanted to die) MIL couldn't figure out how to hook up SIL's gamecube for the kids so she was yelling at SIL to explain it to her which SIL was trying to do but MIL was being a little dense and screwing it up and yelling about it so SIL got really upset and said, Take me HOME. Plus by them being on the phone we missed the showing of Ladder 49 so it didn't matter anyway, another movie wouldn't even start until an hour later so it was a bust. I was so mad at them for acting stupid. I would have never answered my phone in the first place. So we head back to MIL house and SIL cools off in the mean time... but I was mad. After we got back everyone chilled out and the rest of the evening was fine but I'm still upset that I didn't get to see a movie. I was really looking forward to that. O-well. So that was my day yesterday.
QOTD- no I never make my dh's plate. He has two legs and they work well, lol. Plus he is a big eater and I refuse to pile his plate like he does, if I made his plate he would only get the portion I thought he needed which he would laugh at, lol. SIL makes MIL and FIL their plates and it drives me crazy, if we wanted to be a waiter we should get paid for it, lol. But that is JMHO! LOL.

Chris, that maze sounded like fun!

Deana, hope you can get that swing!

Mel, that is so nice that you are going to spend time with your BF today so that she doesn't have to be alone! So they are seperated but not divorced?

Crystal, hope your sis gets some progress today! She should get some blue or black cohosh (you can get it at walmart) and see if that will make her contractions more regular and productive. I hope she has a baby in her arms soon!

Melinda, dh stopped his diet a few months ago. I think he's gained back everything he lost even though he denies it, lol. I know he'll lose weight when he's ready. He's been overweight his entire life so he doesn't know anything else.

OK, gonna get back in the living room and see what the kiddos are up to. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #8  

Angel: wtg on the loss. Keep it up girl. You can do it!!!

Spryng: So sorry yesterday was a bust. Bring the kids here and that way I can get to see a movie too . Dh wouldn't mind a couple extra. They could play outside all day and sleep very well.... . I agree about not answering the phone, then when you get back just tell mil there must not have been any reception . Wish you had had a better day. One day I will make it out there and we can do the girlfriend thing and leave kids behind. CORE + low cal lunch and a movie sounds really good to me. Hope today is much better for you.

TTYL
Old 10-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Mel, sorry you didn't have a good night. I hate when that happens, it's usually the kids but when they decide to sleep well, then I'm restless. Hope you get some rest today.

Spryng, so sorry about yesterday. My sister and her dh watched Ladder 49 and it was good but really, really, really sad. She never does anything to make the contractions progress except the squatting. She doesn't like taking anything, she says it will come when it's ready and she's right, I suppose.

Deana, you think it's hectic around the holidays at your house...Well, my son's b-day is Dec. 1st. One of my nephews is Dec. 19th, a neice is Dec. 24th and another neice is Dec. 27th. So that's hectic. My sister usually has one birthday party for them all because of Christmas and such. So I know what you mean about hectic around the holidays.

We just got back from town and gonna get some lunch down soon. It's rainy, cloudy and drizzly again today which is my favorite weather. So I'm hoping for a nap later because I have to stay up for Boston Legal tonight. TTYL
Old 10-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #10  

Finally got back from picking Erik up. Went to Walmart and the swing was still there. I bought it so now I have to take dh's truck in to pick it up. Then when he wakes up we have to start digging to level the ground and will have to get sand tomorrow to put between the blocks. I can't wait to get it set up . I wanted on of them since they came out this spring just never went and bought one. Now I'm glad I waited cuz it was $32 cheaper. WooHoo!!!

Ok, on my way to get it. Back later.

TTYL
Old 10-10-2004, 03:37 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. Didn't post yesterday I was busy getting the house clean and I had a couple visitors stop by so I kept myself busy yesterday. Anyway I was excited to see that I had got rid of the exta 1.5 pounds that I aquired during my first 2 weeks of school so I am pretty stoked about that right now. Just need to keep it up and I will be to my next goal in no time!! I put a new reward at the bottom of my signature so that I can have something else to look forward to besides just being thinner (not that it isn't a good reward, just some extra incentive is nice). So today I need to do some homework and dh is going to fix the bathroom tub I think. Need to also do a few more things around the house but it might have to wait till tomorrow afternoon after school since I don't really want to do it today.

QOTD: I'm with Spryng, dh has two legs and I cooked the darn meal so he gets it himself. Besides he takes huge portions too so I don't think he would even like it if I made his plate for him. He also has to have a pool of either ketchup or ranch to dip all of his dinner in so I know I wouldn't get that right either! LOL

Crystal I hope yous sis has her baby soon! Can't wait to hear what she has!

Mel I am STILL sore from my workout on Friday!! How are you feeling? Sometimes working out can make me restless in bed so maybe that's whats up. Sorry about TOM, hope it passes fast!

Deana I'm excited for you to get your swing. The ones in our Wal-Mart are so nice. We have a hammock on our front porch so that makes it nice when we want to sit outside with the baby and stuff. Hope you can get a lot of work done on leveling today so you can get it set up soon! Oh and when is your daughters b-day. I was supposed to be born Dec. 26 but arrived on Jan. 17 so I thought maybe your daughter and I had close birthdays!

Chris we have a corn maze here too! We are going to go next weekend as long as the weather is good. I have not gone before but I heard it is fun. I think Bayley will have a good time. We are going with other friends who have kids so that will be cool. Glad you guys had a good time and got a lot of walking in.

YAY Angel!! WTG on the pound down!!

Spryng sorry about your day yesterday!! I know what you mean about kids not napping well at others houses. We were at my mom and dad's last night and Bayley would not go to bed for anything! She usually does good at my moms but nowhere else unless you can rock her in her stroller. It's so much easier for them to be in their own beds. I don't think people understand that sometimes. Hopefully you will get to go see a movie soon.

Ok someone just knocked on the door and it is 12:30 and I am not dressed so I didn't answer it! LOL I guess that is my cue to go get dressed and get something done! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:24 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Afternoon ladies...
We just got back from going to church and then as a treat to the kids, we went to McDonald's for fries and to play in their play area. Now I'm home and have another load of laundry in and Nicole is down for a nap. It's almost quiet.

Spryng-Sorry to hear about yesterday. How disappointing! I hate days that go like that. Usually Nicole throws the fit when we try to do something as a family and DH gets hopping mad and takes her to the van and sits in there. Kind of destroys the whole "family" thing.

Deana-Gotta love those swings. What kind did you get? One for you or the kids. We have one for the kids and one that I am supposed to be able to kick back on and read but the kids seem to like it too, so I don't get much swing time in. Bummer!

Jill-How is school going? I would love to go back to school, but there are so many things in the way right now. Finances, time, paying for daycare...I just can't do it. What are you're classes? I love accounting and such. I did go to a business college for a couple years and was one credit away from graduating with a AAS degree in Business Management. The darn school shut down while I took a semester off before I had Kayla. So I never got to finish.

Crystal-How's your day going? Hopefully your sister will have her baby in the next couple days. Those last days are the most irritating when you want to see that baby so bad and they just take their time coming out.

Angel-WTG girl on your weight loss!

Mel-hope you get some sleep tonight. You're a great friend to spend the day with your BF. I know I had a hard time when I got divorced. Even if you don't want to talk, it is always nice to have someone to just be there.

Michelle-Where are you? Thanks for the tips for my signature. I did get some stuff on here, but maybe not the way I wanted it yet.

Well to the rest, have a great day! I'm going to fold my laundry and drink some more water.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Well, I got over an hour nap in and I guess I'm getting a bit closer to my last trimester so I have been getting so tired and sleepy. I'm making a stew and cornbread for dinner. With this weather there is no better meal.
Y'all are making me feel bad for making my dh's plate. But I hardly ever eat until everyone else is done and sometimes after I've cleaned the kitchen so as I'm sitting there getting seconds for the kids or refilling tea and passing out napkins and bread I feel good to tend to dh as well. I don't know why I'm explaining this to y'all, I felt obligated to I guess.
Anyways,
Chris, glad you all had fun after church.
Jill, glad you had some time to check in with us. Are you enjoying school and all that it brings to you? Just curious.
Hello to everyone else.
Well my sis reviewed her past deliversies and she always has them 1 or 2 days to her due date or on her due date. Only one or two have been late by a week or two and we think the due date was off. So we're thinking tonight or tomorrow or this baby will be setting a new trend I guess. We're just waiting to hear about it. But I've got closing on Tuesday so if she has it Monday I won't be able to spend much time over there.
Well, I'm gonna get in there to check on that stew. TTYL
Old 10-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #14  

QOTD ANSWER: I make a plate for everyone, because I only make enough or a little bit more than enough for everyone. I hate waisting food. If I put the food on everyone's plate and on the table then we all pray and start eating together. If I don't, everyone starts eating before I even sit down. Dh will help me carry things to the table, like drinks and napkins, or flatware, but I usually make the plates. I don't even give it a second thought. Even if he's not here, I make him aplate and cover it up so it's ready when he gets home to warm up. This way, I can clean up the rest of the dishes and don't have to start over later. The other thing is too, that if I don't put all the varieties of food on the plate, the veggies don't get eaten. If I put them on his plate, there gone. Same thing with my brother when he visits. THey like them, but don't choose them.

Hope you are all having a good day. I'm sorry, I can't get personal. I just thought that i'd answer the qotd. ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #15  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Chickies!

I have been trying to recover, and I think I am almost there! What a week I had! No good food choices, my dinner has been made by others for a week now, so I ate what I was given! I was glad to have people help me that way.

But tomorrow it's back OP for me!!

Not gonna try to keep up with all the posts, I hope everyone is doing well!!

I made my singing debut at church today, it was fun! I also bought new clothes for the occasion and my size 16 new pants are too big, so even tho my weight isn't changing, something is...maybe the pants are just made huge or something. LOL!!

I'll check back later!

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote