Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters Halloween

Hello all Thursday weighers. Everyone is invited to join our group here. You will get encouragement, information, and above all, friendship.
Not all of us can weigh on Thursdays now but we still come here.

We have had a tragedy in our group. Susan's precious baby, Seamus, passed away. All our thoughts and prayers are with Pat and Susan now.

Tina
Old 10-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #2  

Hi all. Tonight was Tim's Eagle Scout Ceremony. It went well, and I didn't even cry very much. His old cubmaster from where we used to live was there, and he awarded Tim with a special award. The son of a man he knew was killed 3 days before his Eagle Ceremony 15 years ago. This man made a special award for special Eagle Scouts that Carl would run across over the years. Carl thought that Tim was one of these special scouts who deserved this honor. Tim's is the 7th one that Carl has given out over the 15 years. It was very touching for everyone.

I'm hoping that maybe my life will calm down now and I'll start having more energy. I'm taking medicine for the pain, and I'm sure that is making me tired. I do know that the cooler weather is making the aches and pains worse. Not looking forward to winter at all.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:23 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
Oh Tammy, that is wonderful about Tim!!!!! I'm so proud of him, too.
And, that special award------I would have blubbered if I'd been there. It's a good thing I wasn't because Tim would wonder who that strange lady was.

Cool weather bothers you-----you'll have to get battery-powered warm socks and wear an overcoat to school. That might keep your students' attention.
How is everyone doing? We placed membership at another congregation tonight. The one where I've gone all my life and where I worked has gone downhill fast because of the strange minister. We are happy where we are now. We feel like we can actually worship now.

everyone have a great OP week
Old 10-20-2004, 08:41 PM   #4  

Hey the battery powered socks sound great! I have recess duty tomorrow, and I'm hoping it won't be as chilly. I've really been miserable. I found a section on 3FC that talks about dieting with health problems. There is a section on it about fibromyalgia, so I may be checking in with them to get advice.

I'm so glad that you like where you are attending church now. It is so important to be comfortable with the church and its members. Tim and I go to church regularly, but Bob rarely attends. He isn't comfortable with the way the preacher does his sermons. I told him that we could check out other churches, but he isn't interested at this time. I'm not going to push the issue.

I need to go get some things done, and then I'll be heading for bed. I wish tomorrow was Saturday so I could sleep in!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #5  
Susan

Hi,

I'm trying to stay busy. Life just isn't the same. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of my life without Seamus. He was so precious and I thank God everyday for giving him to me even if it was for only a short time. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers.

Tammy, I've thought of getting those sock before however it never gets that cold here for too long. I hate for my feet to be too hot or cold.

Tina, is it hot down there again. It is here back into the 90's.

I steam cleaned the carpet yesterday. Today, my girl friend is taking off for a doctor's appointment and then we are going to look for her a dress for her daughter's wedding in Jan. We both aren't big shoppers but are determined to find her one. It will be a good distraction for today.

Guess I better go hop in the shower since I'm suppose to meet her in a hour.

Susan
Old 10-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

It's Thursday, I think
Susan , it's so good to see you posting. You know that we are all here with you, hoping to do whatever we can to help you through this tough period. We all love you!

Tammy , I hope it warms up for you. It's very warm down here.....in the 90's, with humidity.

Did y'all miss me???? Probably not. Larry and I went on a very short trip to San Francisco. Since we weren't getting "outsourced," Larry wanted to get away for a few days. We really got away!
It was cold and wet the whole time. I came home with a dilly of a cold. I'm trying not to talk much today....or I'll not have a voice.
It was inevitable to get sick. We were in and out of the rain, getting wet and very cold. It was a pretty good trip....nice to get away.

Sis, Mimi, Maureen, everyone else ----how are y'all????

Tina
Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #7  

Susan, glad to hear from you. I know it is hard getting about the daily routine. Staying busy is a way to think of other things, but Seamus will always be in your mind and heart.
Like Tina said, we're here for you and love you very much!!!

I wish I had some 90 degree weather. I would take 70's and 80's. I stayed home today. I could barely move when I got up so I took some medicine and went back to bed. I slept for 4 hours straight! I felt better this afternoon, but this evening the aches started again. Time for some medicine and bed.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:00 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

It's Friday!
I bet everyone is ready for the weekend.

Tammy, are you feeling better today? I hope so. Does what you eat help the pain?
I feel lots better this morning. Being sickly is one way of losing weight. I'm not sure how much I gained but am sure some of it came off yesterday.

Have a good one.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #9  
Susan

Hi ya'll,

Tammy & Tina, sure hope you are feeling better. It's no fun being sick.

As for me, I went and exercised again today. I've gone everyday with the exception of yesterday. Pat's band is playing tonight and he is going to join them. I think I might drive out and see them too so I don't stay home by myself. Well, guess I'll go clean the office and Seamus' room carpet, then the entire house will have clean carpets.

Susan
Old 10-23-2004, 08:24 AM   #10  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Susan, welcome back. We missed you. You have been in my heart and prayers. Good to see you posting.

Tina, I'm still here. Bumming at times but still trudging along. Just trying to get in a better frame of mind. The weather is colder here now. Not freezing but a high now of about 50 is as warm as it gets. Next week probably much cooler. I'm looking forward to the week after next for our anniversary get away time. I always look forward to going away with my hubby for a couple days.

Hope everyone has a great week end. I love fall and the color changes...Sis
Old 10-23-2004, 01:32 PM   #11  

Friday I felt pretty good most of the day. Today I slept in till 11:00!! Felt good. I didn't feel bad until I went outside. It's rainy and cool again. I'm supposed to chaperone the band to two contests later today. They play at 5;15 at the first one. After that, we'll grab something to eat, jump on the buses, and travel to the other contest about an hour away. Playing time there is 8:45. These are the last 2 contests. Hopefully, the band will qualify for state contest. Even though they've done well at the other 2 contests (1st place at one, 2nd place at the other), their overall rating was a "2", they need an overall rating of "1" to qualify for state.

I'll be dressing warm. Long undies, thermal socks, heavy coat, gloves, scarf, blanket. I should go buy some hand warmers before I leave. It's much warmer than last weekend, but I'm cold just sitting here in the house!

Maybe I'll go get some papers graded until it's time to leave. OR maybe I'll take a short nap!!!!! Hmmm. Wonder which one I'm going to do? lol
Old 10-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

It's me again(maureen) I've decided once again to try and take control & get with the program!!! I went to weigh in on Friday(Oct 25) and I've really packed on the pounds. All I can say it that it's a good thing that I walk a lot or I'd be the size of a house.

I haven't been doing too much. Did manage to go to Ottawa and visit family the 1st week of sept. I managed to stay smoke free for about 105 days at the beginning of the year and am now about 91 days smoke free.

I promise this time to stay close to the board and post more often. Right now my comp at home is toast but I have this one at the office

take care

maureen
Old 10-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Welcome Home, Maureen
We are soooooo happy that you're back with us.
It sounds like you are "up" for losing your weight. I am with ya!

Well, I got some bad news today. My family doctor passed away last Sunday. The poor man had been out most of the year with back problems. He had to have bypass surgery recently and died from an infection. My appt. has been put off all year. I thought I'd try once again to see if he'd come back to work. Some dr. is taking his patients for now. What's strange is---my original dr. died and the one I've had inherited his practice. It's happening again.
Hope everyone had a good Monday.
Tina
Old 10-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #14  

Maureen!!! Great to hear from you.
That's awful about your doctors! Tell the new guy he needs to stay healthy!!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi,

Maureen, welcome back. We'ved missed you. Keep up the hard work on staying smoke free.

Tammy, how are you feeling? I sure hope better. Do they know what causes fibromayalgia?

Tina, How horrible about you doctor! I'm not sure if I was the new guy I would want to take over that practice.

I doing alright, I guess. Life sure is hard right now. I went out to the cemetery today. I try to go once or twice a week. It's suppose to rain all week so figured I better get out there today. I really miss Seamus, boy did my son have an impact on our lives in his short time here on Earth. The school district wanted to know if I would be interested in coming back to work yet. I think I'm not ready yet.

Susan
Closed Thread