South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #1  

Question Several Questions.. Please Help.

Flatbreads / Tortillas - I'm having a hard time figuring out which kind of flat/tortilla bread is okay. I've seen a lot of whole wheat ones (with minimal enriched wheat flour) but they're all different. They have carb smart ones, but even then I'm confused. I found a flatbread with whole wheat, 27 carbs in one, and 15 grams of fiber.. I didn't buy it bc I was concerned about the carbs (even though we don't really count carbs)... This is driving me insane, as a treat I'd like to use flatbreads or tortillas once in a while for a base for things like quesadillas or pizzas (with legal ingredients of course)

Triscuits - I bought some Reduced-Fat Triscuits. I know they have some hydrogenated oils, but there's no trans fats or sugar in them. A serving size is 7 crackers .. Would these be okay maybe once a week with some cheese as a snack (1 serving size though, not sitting down with the box as I'd like to ) **edit** actually, now that I look at the package there are no hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils.. just 21 carbs ??

Oatmeal - For those of you who make the slow cooked oatmeal, do you count it as a dairy serving when you make it with milk? Or does it get boiled down.. This confused me a little.. just don't want to over-due my dairy servings.

Carb Options BBQ sauce - I bought some of this for my chicken but I'm not sure if it's okay to use.. Are there any Carb Options products you all swear by??

BTW, if it helps answering these, I'm on Phase II. Thanks guys!

Last edited by fireflynova; 10-09-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

firefly,

I'd go with the whole wheat tortillas, they are probably the best choice.

I don't know about triscuits or the bbq sauce because I don't know their ingredients. For when I ate oatmeal, I did count the milk I used to make it.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please read the sticky on Low Carb Products.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Firefly!

La Tortilla Factory have the best WW tortillas I've found. Please don't even read the carbs...you don't need to worry about them at all, okay? Just read ingredients and see what's in the tortillas you get. Every now and then, I use Flat Outs though they do have a couple of wonky ingredients. So I use them maybe once a month as a base for pizza. You can also make pizza on a pita, and they seem to be easier to find!

You can have Carb Options BBQ sauce. Ketchup, too.

I'm not good at counting my dairy, and since it hasn't slowed my weight loss, I haven't really tried to become better. However, since my cholesterol is not as good as I had hoped, I may have to become better. How much are we supposed to be having daily?

You absolutely can have Triscuits. They do not have any trans fats (that the hydrogenated stuff) and are perfect for SBD. You can have the regular fat, but the reduced fat is just a smidge more healthy. I eat the regular ones in the flavors, and the reduced fat in plain. If you like Rye bread, try the rye triscuits. YUM!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #5  

Nelie :: thanks for confirming that, i thought maybe even whole wheat wasn't okay.

Ruth :: I've read that a few times, and it didn't answer my question.

Laurie :: Flat-Outs were the ones I was looking at!! I was going to make roll-ups once in a while using just half.. but I'll search for those other ones, or ones with all good ingreadients!

I was craving bbq chicken and that's the only bbq sauce I could find that was even remotely close to legal lol.. I found SF ketchup at TJ Maxx.. of all places - but it tastes funky, I've been making my own

I'm terrible with the dairy too A daily serving is what, 2 cups? I sometimes have 3.. it's just my favourite thing, between milk itself, yogurt, pudding - mmm dairy.

Wee, and the triscuits give me something new to be excited about! Thanks!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #6  

Yahoo! I love triscuits... hmmm. Maybe I can't trust myself with a box in the house just yet though. hee hee. Grats on ONEderland! Well done!
Closed Thread