Without it feeling like a heavy chore

Our "need vs want", we battle each day
Cheering eachother on, along the way
Friends by fate walking hand in hand
Acceptance for all is the law of our land

Join us anytime you feel like being apart
Stay for a while and share your inner heart
We dont judge and we dont squabble
So come on in, we wont mind if you wabble.

by laura lynn

squabb56
10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi all :wave:

:balloons: Thank you for starting this thread Angela.

And cudos :cp: for starting the profile questions. I'm looking forward to learning more about the group and finding things we can talk about both weight and diet related and other topics both serious and fun.

What is your favorite....

Color- Blue
Day of the week- Sunday... Hubby is off work and we do "fun" stuff... Okay, like going out for lunch, hiking with the dogs, going to the local hot springs etc.,
Place to vacation- Maui (only been once though)
Beverage- Wine or Water
Pig out or trigger food- carbs of any sort .... wine ...
Healthy snack- Kellogg's Bran Bars (2 points) or grapes or LF jello pudding
Form of exercise- right now I'm into doing water type exercises (running & aquasize) and walking
Brand of shoes- Nike for runners....
TV show (s)- Like Angela I enjoy the Sopranos, Deadwood and Six Feet Under, I also like CSI (any) Law & Order (any) Survivor, all the Home Decorating shows.... Although I haven't been watching much TV since I have got my computer up and running and on line....:lol: :comp:
CD or type of music- pretty eclectic (sp?) everything from Blues, Jazz, Classical, Rock , Alternative... lately I've been listening to a lot of Van Morrison... Hubby likes Country so that's on the radio mostly..
Movie- Okay my age is going to show now but I still love Saturday Night Fever, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, Flash Dance, Grease old Elvis movies.... on the other side I like policitcal movies live Malcolm X, JFK, the one with Sally Field as a union organizer, and Crime Thriller type movies.... can't think right now.....

Sam - I'm sure your getting back on track, you've done it before - you'll do it again. Just remember each choice, meal, day is an opportunity to make a positive decision for yourself. Try to remember that when you "pig out" it really doesn't make you feel better in the end, I know that if makes me feel angry and mad at myself when I realize that I've tried to comfort myself with bad food choices and binging. Your hubby will be grumpy whether you eat or not.

LauraLynn - I'm on for the "Lose a Turkey Challenge". I'll post my results on Wednesday nights after WI. :goodscale

How did the chat work out? :?: Are we doing it again sometime? :gossip:

Well..... I'm off to get my house cleaning done..... If I'm done by 1:30 hopefully I can get to Aquasize Pilates .

I'm Living
10-09-2004, 07:30 PM
G,day everyone hope your all well it,s a beautiful spring morning here downunder, welcome home Angela and way to go on your 5lb loss keep it up , congrats to all the rest of you on your weight losses also , good idea for getting to know a bit about each other Angela I like to know a bit more of what makes everyone tick to.
FAVORITES
COLOUR, ALL SHADES OF BLUE
DAY OF THE WK, NO PARTICULAR DAY EACH DAY BRINGS SOMETHING NEW.
PLACE TO VACATION , SUNNY QUEENSLAND
BEVERAGE, HEALTHY WATER OR DIET SODA OR BOURBAN AND DIET COKE ON OCCASSION
PIG OUT FOOD, CARBS ,I LOVE PASTA, CHIPS BREAD ALL THE SINFUL STUFF
HEALTHY SNACKS, GRAPES, APPLES, DATES ANY FRUIT
EXERCISE, WALKING, INDOOR BIKE , SOME WEIGHTS, DANCING
BRAND OF SHOES, NO FAVOURITE AS LONG AS THEY ARE COMFORTABLE
TV SHOWS , CSI , LAW & ORDER, BLUE HEELERS , ANYTHING ABOUT CRIME
MUSIC, I LIKE ALL SORTS FO MUSIC LOVE JIMMY BARNES, JOHN FARNHAM, ELVIS
MOVIES, I LIKE THE COLOUR PURPLE TO MY COPY IS GETTING WORN OUT I ,M A BIG ELVIS FAN AND ANYTHING WITH MEL GIBSON IN IT I LIKE AL MOVIES LOVE HORROR JOHN CARPENTER STEPHEN KING, CRIME THRILLERS, THE BONE COLLECTOR , KISS THE GIRLS, ALONG CAME A SPIDER SO MANY OTHERS
Well thats about it for me good luck to everyone on this journey bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

Samantha2002
10-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Color- well that changes according to my mood...right now I am going to say purple. If you were to look in my closet, though, you would think that my favorite color was red, Red looks the best on me.

Day of the week- Wednesdays, because that is the day that I get all to myself (as long as my hubby is working) I am sure you guys understand this...I love my hubby and all but sometimes I just need some "alone" time...and wednesdays I get that almost all day long.

Place to vacation- Don't get the chance to go on many vacations, but I would say probably NYC...been there once in highschool (my band performed in carnagie hall, which was a big deal for us Austinites) and had the time of my life!!

Beverage- My favorite would probably be Dr. Pepper, but I don't drink them anymore because of my lifestyle change...all I drink anymore pretty much is water or juice, oh, and my morning cup of coffee...I would have to say CUBAN COFFEE

Pig out or trigger food- Man...I like anything that has loads and loads of fat and grease...like pizza, french fries, mmmm...McDonalds Double Cheeseburger...Sonic Tator Tots. My favorite foods are the kind that you gain a pound just by thinking about them (so thanks ALOT!!!!) :lol:

Healthy snack-Well, if I can gain a pound just by thinking about fattening foods, maybe I will lose a pound by thinking about healthy foods. My favorite healthy snack is probably a fruity yogurt with a granola bar smashed up and put inside of it. I also really enjoy strawberrys: I like to put a few in the blender with just a dash of sugar or substitute, blend them up until it makes like a syrup, then pour it over fresh sliced up strawberries. Very healthy, and not alot of calories (unless you put too much sugar)

Form of exercise- I really enjoyed the kickboxing class that I went to the other day, I have only been to that one once, but I think that is my favorite. I figure, not only will it help me get skinny, but be able to kick someones :censored: if need be, too!

Brand of shoes- Probably New Balance when it comes to tennis shoes, or Doc Martins when it comes to regular shoes. For sandals or other shoes I just buy cute stuff from Payless Shoe Source or somewhere like that. I am a comfort fiend, so whatever is comfortable and inexpensive works for me!!

TV show- Will probably always be a "Friends" girl, even though I have never even seen the last few seasons. I work in the evenings, so I never have a chance to really watch anything but reruns of the good shows. OH WAIT OMG I forgot, my favorite TV Show is Ellen, I love her!!! She cracks me up!!

CD or type of music- Don't own many CDs because my husband just burns me songs that I like onto a CD, so I never buy them. My favorite kind of music is really alternative, but there is not ONE good alternative station in the good ol' hick town of Amarillo, TX....so I would have to say hip-hop or country.

Movie- OMG there are so many... Some that come to mind: Butterfly effect, XXX, Fast and Furious (have a thing for Vin Diesel, in case you didn't know), Taking lives, Pirates of the Carribean...if I feel like crying I watch "A league of their Own'...gets me EVERY freaking time, I don't understand...let see...when I want to laugh I like There's Something about Mary, or Blue Streak....there are so many, we would have to start a new thread already if I mentioned them all!!

Anyways, today I have some bad news. I weighed in today and I gained 2 lbs. I knew that was going to happen, and I was really close to giving up...I mean, you can't tell a difference on me...sometimes I feel like I will weigh 150 lbs and still look the same. But I am not going to quit...I dont know how, but somehow I have to get motivated the same way that I was before....maybe I will go and read that thread again. I have noticed that for some reason anger gets me more motivated than being scared of having diabetes, or having a heart attack. When I am MAD at myself, MAD at the everyone who thinks I am fat, MAD at all the stupid skinny people...that's when something happens. I wish I could figure out what got me motivated in the beginning, so some how I could replicate that. I hope you guys don't get tired of hearing me :censored: but I kind of treat this like a journal. I write here how I feel. Sometimes I am SO excited about losing weight, but I am not feeling it lately.Sometimes I feel bad about people telling me that I motivate THEM because I feel like I will let everyone down if I fail....and I sure don't want to do that. Maybe that's the motivation that I need. Maybe I have to remember not to let others down. But then, I think, I am doing this for ME, not for anyone else, so that's what should motivate me......anyways...in case you couldn't tell, it is TOM for me, and I am definitely feeling it.
In other news, my hubby is doing OK, just called me in the living room to show me that he is now able to lay on his back, he was very excited. Things were a little better this evening, but probably because we had a big blowout this morning, I just couldn't take it anymore, and told his EXACTLY how I felt, then ended up apologizing because I know that's the last thing that he needs when he isn't feeling good for me to start *****ing.
OK guys, this post was long enough. I need to stop blabbing!!
I will see you all again tommorrow.

:) Sam

I'm Living
10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
G,day everyone its a bright sunny day here downunder , hope your all feeling well , glad to hear your hubby is feeling a bit better and is on the mend Sam :) I know how you feel when you said you had a blowup with your hubby and told him how you felt , sometimes when people are sick or going through something they forget that it also affects the people around them to so it,s normal and healthy to vent your feelings at least thats what they tell me in my counselling course , hey Sam, Laura look,s like we all caught the gain back 2lb bug over the last week well we lost it once :crossed: we,ll do it again just a short one today off to have a :coffee: then hit the indoor bike bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

Samantha2002
10-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Well sometimes I notice little differences about myself...today I noticed that my jeans (that were pretty loose-fitting anyways) are even looser. I also notice that when I look at myself side-ways in the mirror I am a tiny bit thinner. Another thing I have noticed is that my ankles look skinnier, I don't know if they were swollen before or what. So I am re-inspired. Just to let you all know :)

Sam

squabb56
10-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Hi All :wave:

It's 12:14 am here so you guys will probably read this in the morning....

Got some new drugs - Bextra - to replace the VIOXX I was on. My knees are feeling so much better... only after two days of taking it. Today Hubby and I took the dogs Sandy & Ginger) for a walk around a local lake. We went 16K or 10 miles. It really was a little bit too far for me but I managed.... have the blisters to prove it... We decided on the drive home that after dinner we would go to the local pool and soak our weary bones in the hot tub. I got too hot and decides to cool off in the pool and ended up doing 24 lengths (25 metres). Needless to say I'm pretty tired :yawn: I've been pretty inactive for the last few weeks so I feel pretty good about getting out there. I must say Hubby helps to motivate me while we are out walking..... he keeps waiting until I catch up (I'm slow on the up hills) and then leaves right away (I don't seem to get a rest) until I remind him... and I sure wasn't shy about it after a few miles. :lol:

When I went to the doctor on Friday he told me that my fasting glucose test came back showing me at 7.8 - he said anything over 7.0 technically means you have diabetes so I've been a little stressed about that. He's going to re-test me in six weeks to see what it comes out at.... Until then I'm going to try to be real good and watch my carbs and stuff. Not really sure what else I can do besides getting regular exercise and drink my water. He said being on WW was good.

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving here. We've got a plan for dinner, hopefully we will be able to get through the day without going over our points allotment. We're having roast beef, mashed potatoes, salad, califlower, green beans and Mom is bringing the pumpkin pie. I was going to make an alternate dessert but pumpkin pie is my favourite so I think I'll just go for a very small piece with light cool whip instead of whip cream or ice cream..

Hubby says we'll go out for a short doggie walk in the morning..... we'll see if I can walk at all tomorrow :lol3:

I'm Living
10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
G,day everyone it,s a glorious :sunny: day here downunder we,re having a rather warm spring looks like we,re in for a scorcher summer, hope your all well, hey Sam good work with the clothes getting looser it,s a great felling huh ;) way to go Joy you are an inspiring force 10mle walk I do 6 on my indoor bike and I,m buggered and then you backed up for more at the pool WOW :bravo: :encore: your hubby sounds great support I think thats half the battle, don,t stress to much about the diabetes thing I have type 2 I control mine with my diet and so far so good just let go and let God and wait to see what happens :) , enjoy your thanksgiving and your family , Hi Laura hope the bug didn,t come to visit your family and your all well, Hi Angela your words are full of encouragement I think for everyone I enjoy reading your posts, like I said I do about 6mles on my bike then I do some weights and when hubby comes home we usually go for a 30min walk depends on how tired he is I sit on my butt all day studying he works in a warehouse lifting furniture and stuff all day so sometimes he is,nt in the mood for a walk :p well thats it for me just thought i,d touch base with everyone you all make me feel so welcome especially on my down days bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172 :nono:
CW 168 ;)
GW 130 :goodluck: :goodscale

Merrick
10-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Well I am finally back. My trip was wonderful. Seems like quite alot has gone on here, it took me a while to get caught up with everyone. Let me start with the question of the week: I love this idea, thank you for starting it.

What is your favortie....

Color- yellow and orange
Day of the week- Friday, I love my weekends
Place to vacation- Block Island.... or the Carribean
Beverage- Water.... but love my morning coffee
Pig out or trigger food- Chinese... major downfall. I crave it sooooooo much
Healthy snack- I love fruit, expecially exotic fruit
Form of exercise- I loved aerobic, any form, step, kickboxing, high/low. But I haven't been able to physically do it in years. I am going to start pushing myself more. I really miss it, thanks to Sam, I miss it even more.
Brand of shoes-Adidas (All Day I Dream About Sex, ha, ha,ha)
TV show- love reality shows, Real World, Surreal Life, anything a littel off. As for comedy I love Still Standing and 2 and a half men.
CD or type of music-I love all types of music. I listen to country, jazz, classical, Blues, hip hop, R&B, soft rock, alternative, 70's, but my all time favorite is 80's Dance Classics... I love them.
Movie- Pretty Women, Jerry McGuire. sucker for a love story....

Thanks for sharing everyone. It is great to get to know each of you.

Well, let me start by saying, our chat last Thrusday night was fun. I was a little slow with trying to keep up, I had never done one. Therefore, I know I will get better with practice. I can't wait for the next one. Thank you Laura and Sam for being there. Look forward to doing again with others.

Laura: Thanks again for the chat the other night, I thought it was alot of fun. I came back, but you had gone. Anyway, I hope you didn't get sick. Are you making a CD, do you sing, play an instrument? I would love to hear it. Don't worry about the 2lbs. you'll get right back on track.

Joy, bravo on the 4lb loss and the 10mile walk, I would have been extremely tired after a day like that. Great job, keep up the good work.

Trisha: Thanksgiving, 3 days, that's ok, you'll be fine. Hang in there and enjoy them, your family, your friends. Have fun. can't wait to hear about them.

Fran, I hope your mom is ok, I'll keep her in my prayers. Hang in there.

Julie: Sorry to hear about the family issues and the 2lb gain. But you can lose them no problem. Hang there and you'll get back.
What are you studing for?

Sam: Boy were you hard on yourself. :( I am glad to hear that you are emotionally feeling better and getting back on track :D I was going to recommend that you re-read some of your old posts to help you motivate yourself, but your already there. Glad to hear Hubby is feeling better. Please do not ever feel bad for expressing your feelings to anyone. It is onething to feel bad about HOW you may have expressed your feelings, but not how your feel. Don't swet the 2 lbs. One Kickbox class will get rid of that ;) Hang in there.

Angie: Great job on the 5 lb loss, that is aweseome, on vaca, what an accomplishment. I wish I could say the same.

Well, I haven't been able to weigh myself for some time due to a tempermental scale. I am praying that it is not right. because It had me up a whole bunch of weight, 7lbs. I was absolutely shocked. I do not know if it is the scale or from my trip. I thought I did pretty well on my trip, eat pretty good, went ot one of my favorite restaurants and order my fav. crab cakes, I made a deal not to eat it all and I didn't. I ate 2 cakes (not big) and half of the potatoes, ate my salad and veggies. I was proud of myself. And we walked alot. I didn't even use much gas in my car. Because we wlked most places. Oh well, I refuse to let that get me down. I have to re plan.
I sorry to make this post ssooooo long. Have a great day. Missed you guys. I'll check in later.

PS: I am defiantely in for the TC

Samantha2002
10-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Morning ladies...how is everyone today?
I just got back from kickboxing, when my husband wakes up (lazy butt!!!) I will have him weigh me to see how far I have came from my backslide. Yesterday was a WONDERFUL day for me. I don't know if I told you all this, but earlier this year I bought a pair of pants that were tight when I bought them, but after I washed them the first time, they were unwearable. I could button them, but there was a HUGE roll of fat hanging over the waist line. And I could barely sit down in them. Anyways, they were my goal pants, to reach my goal I had to be able to wear them comfortably for an entire day. Well guess what I wore yesterday??? My goal pants!! I had told some people at work about them, and when I walked in, everyone was SO excited! So, I got to prance around a little to show everyone my pants before I started working. So that was really nice.
Anyways, I am going to grab some :coffee: and probably take a nap LOL...today is my day off.

I'm Living
10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
G,day everyone hope your all well , welcome back Lynne glad you had a nice time , dont worry about the scales I used to obsess about weighing myself I was on them everyday and oooh they sometimes tell such fibs so just listen to your clothes if they still fit the same or better yet are getting looser take more notice of that than what the scales say, WOW way to go with the pants Sam you must be so proud of yourself I know it gives me a real boost to keep going on this journey well thanks for all the motivation I get from you all at this thread bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

redswirls
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Yikes....I just ate my weight in pasta!!! :moo:

On my way out to the parking lot at work, I discovered I had a flat tire. Luckily I was able to get it changed and patched. But those evil :devil: little voices were set off in my head. I talked myself out of getting fast food by making a deal that I'd fix pasta if I had it in the cabinet when I got home...not really knowing if I had any...but wouldn't you know, I did. My hubby isn't home yet, so I really binged! :eating2:

I have yet to exercise like I'd planned!! :tread:

:shrug: I'm not sure how this happened!!

Merrick
10-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the inspiring words of wisdom. I really do not know if it is right, but it is the closest it has been in a long time. Usually like 50 lb less. As for my clothes they still fit the same. So there could be some truth, I will have to try harder to get myself going.

Laura, talk about talent. Good for you. If you are able to upload I would love to hear it. I love to listen to people I know sing. I get tingly inside. What a gift.... If I had your talent I would want a guitar also. But I cannot sing or play an instrument. I would love to play the piano or the Sax, more so the piano. So calming. Maybe someday, whenI have more time for me. I tried to get my son to take piano lessons, thinking we could do it together.... but no he is all jock... oh well, my day will come. Glad to hear you did not get sick.

Have a great night to all.

I'm Living
10-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Gday to everyone from here downunder hope your all well, I,m not doing to bad finally lost the 2lb I put back on last week so that feels good long as I keep it off and it does,nt come back with friends which in my case happens quite often I think I,ve lost the same 25lbs off and on for years, what am I saying I dont lose it I just misplace it ,it always finds me again, lol anyway Laura lot of talent that explains the good vibes I get from your posts so much good energy I used to sing I do a bit of everything when I was younger I was in a band we did weddings , partys , clubs , pubs all sorts of functions , but you a CD ,WOW would be great to hear it here downunder who know,s somethings are inprobable but nothing is impossible good to hear you did,nt get the bug yet , well thats about it for me keep up the good work everyone , here,s hoping for me I,ll make this turkey challenge and lose those 10lbs fingers crossed . BLESSED BE JULIE

Merrick
10-13-2004, 09:30 PM
good evening to all... where is everyone.....
just a quick note, yesterday I was OP and walked 1 mile.... yeah.... Today I ate a couple of points extra..I guess my flex points. But I did 25 minutes of Yoga, 40 minutes of Step aerobic and walked 2 miles. I was so excited with myself. I got on the scale again this morning and it stated I was 264!!!!!!!!!!! This is my highest ever, even more than the day I delivered my son... I really want to do this, I need to do this. Everything hurts, I can't bend, I can barely tie my shoes. My back hurts. I weigh sooooo much. I am soooo big. Ok I'm back... ONe problem, I still can't get enough water. During our chat I am not sure if it was Sam or Laura giving us the break down... mine was 4 water bottles. I can only get in two.. any suggestions????
Well I hope everyone is having a good night. I'll check back in tomorrow.

squabb56
10-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi All :wave:

Well this is it.... my big first entry in the "Lose a Turkey Challenge". I am down .2 this week.

Like Sam a few weeks ago, I am a little disappointed after my losses from the previous three weeks. I must realize tho, this is to be expected, and besides it was Thanksgiving....:eating: ... and I haven't been exercising as regularly as I was.

Hey Lynn, it really sounds like your on track today. I'm sure you must have earned some activity points as a result of all your exercise. :flow: Have you been tracking these. Have you taken your measurments? Sometimes you will see losses there when you may not see them on the scale. How often are you weighing yourself? Do you feel better when you stay OP and exercise..... bet you do! :high:

Julie - congrats on the 2 lb loss. Now take a step forward and lose a "new" pound....

Laura, thanks for the words of encouragement with regard to diabetes. I look forward to hearing your CD. Just love Christmas music. Me..... I'm just the person who sings too loud with the radio and gets everyone annoyed. That's okay I can't dance much either.... :lol:

:coach: Angie - once you get into a routine of going for exercise.... your mind will want to go too.

Sam - I'm proud of you.... into goal pants! Non-scale rewards are so sweet. Remember to treat yourself well. :dancer:

:grouphug:

Merrick
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Well, it is a good morning. :wave:

I got up this morning and weighed myself again :dizzy: I know I shouldn't be weighing myself everyday. But I was down 2lbs I needed that after the 7 lb gain. Anyway, I feel good that I am still capable of losing weight :lol: I woke up this morning and did 25 minutes of Yoga, I walked my son to the bus stop and I am going grocery shopping and will park way at the end of the parking lot, after that I plan on doing 40 minutes of step again. Well I must get back to work I have so much to do.
I get to change my signature, :cb: :dance: :dancer: :cloud9: :yes:

Joy, I know you will be ok, try not to get too upset by it. Keep a positive mind. I will keep you in my prayers. And thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, I do feel better when I exercise, I even sleep better.

Have a great day, I will try to check in later.

I'm Living
10-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone it,s midnight here downunder on thursday I can,t sleep I suffer from bouts of insomnia from time to time have done for years it,s the pit,s at time,s hubby is snoring as usual :rolleyes: :shrug: and I,ve just had three ciggies in half an hr , this is when I usually get the munchies big time the house is quiet and I sometimes put on a movie and find my hubbies chips , I refuse to give into temptation ;) so I thought I would anoy you guys instead :lol: sometimes its good to just know there is others out there who can identify with what I,m going through at times :blah: I guess I,m raving on a bit I,m so :yawn: tired but just toss and turn which keeps hubby awake and makes him grouchy in the morning :p anyway thanks for the encouragement Joy and I intend to lose a new lb or 2 this week thats why I am putting down my fuzzy thoughts down here instead of grabbing the bikkie barrel :lol: well I,m going to go make myself a nice cup of lite hot chocolate only 25 cals and put on george clooney dusk till dawn I,m a horror nut :D not the best sort of movies to whatch when you,ve got insomnia but hey if I,ve got to be up I might as well enjoy it :lol: well I feel a bit better now cravings have died down so I,m off for that cuppa and I,ll catch you guys later bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

I'm Living
10-14-2004, 06:36 PM
G,day everyone hope your all well ,just a quick hi from me today , thanks for the encouragement Angela had to really fight that :devil: called food but I did it :strong: :dance: thanks to you guys , before I found out about 3fc I would have scoffed anything I could get my hands on , your right at the end of the day it,s me that I,m doing this for and if I stuff up I only let myself down , thanks for the tip Laura for insomnia I,ll give it ago :) well thats it for me bye for now stay well BLESSED BE JULIE

redswirls
10-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Every so often, I will pose a question to the group. Some health and weight loss related, some just for fun to get to know more about each other. They may be a bit off beat at times, but please feel free to share your perspective with the group!

With the Turkey Challenge underway, describe your strategy/plan for approaching weight loss. Are you following a specific diet? How do you incorporate exercise? Is this approach different to things you have tried in the past?

squabb56
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Hmmmm ...

My strategy is to develop a way of eating that will become a life long habit of healthy eating. I am following the Weight Watchers program. I cannot think of this as a diet, because diets have a start and a finish, this is a continuous life plan. I find that I have trouble incorporating my exercise on a regular basis. I seem to have endless excuses not to go, which is really funny because once I'm there, I really enjoy exercising. I would really like to encorporate Oprah's plan for exercise - 30 to 60 minutes daily, perferably in the morning at a level of 8-10. I am a firm believer in interval training and use this technique when using the treadmill, eliptical stepper, water running. I try to weight train 3x week and use the fitball for many of my exercises.

I think that this time is different because I want to make a life style change because of my many health issues related to being extremely overweight. It is different this time because I have included my husband and am sharing my goals etc. with him and as a result he is being very supportive. Using 3FC forums and journalling as a support system has become an very important part of my overall plan.

Gotta get to work now....

:-J

I'm Living
10-15-2004, 07:15 PM
G,day everyone hope your all well , Hi Angela whats my stratergy well I,m on WW program as well I do,nt think of it as a diet either but a life change for a healthier me I try to exercise at least 30mins a day and my hubby and I go for a walk for 30mins when he gets home from work if he is,nt to tired, or I,m to lazy :lol: well thats it for me gotta go do some studying think I,ll make a :coffee: be good catch up with you all later bye for now ;) BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172 :p
CW 167 :)
GW 132 :cool:

Samantha2002
10-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone - sorry it has been so long since I have posted, my husband is feeling better but is not working until Monday so he is on the computer all of the time. I have had a few minutes everyday to check in on everyone though.

I purchased a Halloween costume from online. I decided I HAVE to get busy because if that gets here and it doesn't fit, I will be PISSED OFF!!! It says it will fit up to a 22, and at my highest I was a 22, but sometimes things run small, so I don't know.

Anyways, I didn't think that I was this tired, but I am exhausted, went out last night and had WAY too much to drink, came home and got sick (ew!) but maybe I got all the bad foods I had eaten out of my system LOL. I do feel better now, but am still tired and probably am going to pop a movie in and go to sleep.

Talk to you all soon!

squabb56
10-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Angela: Yeah, its great having someone on your side. Hubby and I don't really work out together - although we do spend a lot of time walking the dogs together. It as kind of fun tho last Sunday when we went to the pool we decided to do lengths together. It's good that your hubby eats what you put in front of him. My Hubby does most of the cooking so it is imperative that he has the same goals as me or I am sunk.

Laura, good to hear your back on track. Your Christmas decorations sound wonderful. You have such an artistic flair with everything you do. A few years ago I made alot of crochet angels and snowflakes for the Christmas tree. I made quite a large angel topper. Not sure but I think I'll get something for the top this year that is lit up. Doesn't look quite the same without lights on top. Did I tell you that we grow Christmas trees on our hobby farm, as well as raise free range turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas? We also grow ornamental and hedging cedars and we have a few sheep too (Aunty and the twins) as well as the two dogs, three house cats and six wild cats I feed (which are now all spayed - yeah). :dizzy:

Hubby bought a gigantic angel made of wire and lights to put on top of one of our very tall trees (probably 20') and we're going to string lights down from the bottom of her skirt. Hopefully it will look great. Planning on doing it tomorrow while the weather is still not too bad. We don't get much snow here usually but it does rain alot and the ground out in the field gets really muddy.

Sam, what kind of costume did you buy? I'm sure it will fit.... a few days does not a size make.... ;) How's the gym been going? Have you been to more kick boxing classes or tried anything new?

Lynn: I admire your stamina.... 25 minutes of yoga .... 40 minutes of step. WOW. Okay, you've officially inspired me -- I've got to get back into being on a program at the gym. I find once I start - and start writing it down I get really competitive with myself and really strive to go longer, go harder, burn more calories etc. I'm not flexible enough to do yoga, but they do have an aqua pilates class at the gym on Saturdays that I really enjoy. I've been thinking I would like to try Tai Chi also. Seems like it would be calming like yoga is.

G'day Julie: What WW program are you following - Flex or Core? Hubby and I try to walk together too. But we have about the same strategy as you. Sometimes we're our own worst emenies as far as motivation is concerned. :lol:

I've had my first OFF OP day today.

We had to attend a memorial service today for a dear friend, actually she was my aunt (only two years older than me tho - I come from large families on both sides). She had been fighting lymphoma and cancer for many years (10+) going in and out of remission. But she is now in a better place :angel: and finally pain free.

I had eaten lunch before we went.... planning not to endulge, but when we got there Hubby fixed a plate of croissants, cheesecake squares and chocolates for both of us and said that Cheryl would have wanted us to celebrate the day. So I ate, and ate a few more Hubby didn't know about.

After we came home we had a normal OP dinner, hamburgers made with spouted wheat bagels (pickle, thin slide of cheese and raw onion) and a cob of corn. Was very good. We got a late start with our corn this year so it is just ready now. We had popcorn and bran bars too.... But I don't really feel guilty (don't know if I should or not) but I do know I'll get back on track now.

I'm disappointed a little in myself because I was really going to try to eliminate sugar with this diabetes thing popping up now. I'm wondering how I will deal with this for my life time if I can't do it for a week.

I have made a personal commitment to myself to get at least 20 minutes of exercise every day. I have only missed once, Friday, since starting on Wednesday.

I think it might help all of us if we identified just one thing we would make a commitment to do for one week. Anyone game? Sort of like baby steps. Try to make a new positive habit each week. What do you guys think? :yes:

Anyways I should tear myself away from here and get back to my studying. I have a mid term on Thursday, worth 20% of my final mark. :?:

I'm Living
10-17-2004, 01:35 AM
G, day everyone hope your all well , hope your costume fits Sam and hope you pulled up OK from your night out, good luck with your chrissy decorations Laura they sound great you really are a talented lady, well nothing much to report for me today feeling a bit :p yuk today got hayfever the only thing I hate about spring, :) Hey Laura the milk and turkey worked I got at least 4hrs sleep last night and believe me thats good I usually toss and turn and get if I,m lucky half an hr here and there so :thanks: thats it for me catch you all later bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172 :(
CW 166 ;)

GW 132 :crossed: :shrug: :dunno:

Samantha2002
10-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

click here to see the costume I bought for Halloween:
http://www.buycostumes.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17138&PCatID=adultcostumes&ccatid=adultpluswomen

I am really excited about it.

Joy - I try to go to the gym at least three times a week. There are different classes each day, so whatever day I go, I just go to that class:
Mondays- Step I
Tuesdays, Thursdays - Kickbox Conditioning
Wednesdays - Members Choice (I have only been to this one once and it was alot of step with different aerobic moves)
Fridays - Step N Flex (which is half step and half lifting weights)

I am going to try to go all five days this week. My goal is to go three times a week, but last week I only went twice, was in a funk, but I want to make up for it this week by going 5 times.

Laura - you remind me alot of myself, I also consider myself to be very crafty. I don't bother putting up a Christmas tree, though, because my cat knocks down the decorations EVERY DAY, and EVERY DAY I have to redecorate the stupid tree. For Christmas this year, I bought a bunch of those little (about 3 inch X 3 inch) cross stitch decorations that go on a little hanger and will make those the name tags for the Christmas gifts. I am proud of myself because I am getting them done early, have already done three. The reason I bought them was because I eat when I am bored, so I needed something to do at work (there is alot of down-time there).

Julie - I noticed a post that you wrote, talking about smoking, I am also a smoker. I considered quitting, but have heard so many people talking about how when you quit you gain weight, and am scared to do so now...any thoughts on that?

Angela - my goals to lose the "turkey" are just to eat right and excersize alot. I try to do baby steps throughout the day: park further away from the entrance of the store, run up my steps at home (I live on the third floor of an apartment - no elevators, and I used to have a hard time just WALKING up the stairs) walk around the building while at work, and basically just trying to walk FASTER when I have a short distance to walk (like to the bathroom) just so I can burn more calories w/o really making big changes. I also am trying to go to the gym AT LEAST three times a week, for an hour each time. When I go to the grocery store, I don't buy ANYTHING that can be fried, but I also don't buy anything that I won't LIKE, because if I don't LIKE it, then I won't eat it, therefore am wasting my money. I realize that I shouldn't ELIMINATE anything from my diet, because that will just make me want it more, instead, just eat things in moderation. However, I have still gotten fried foods and cokes out of my diet. I have cheated a few times on both items, but I figure eating 2 fried items a month, and drinking one coke is better than eating fried foods and cokes for every meal (like before)

WELL GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: :cb: :dancer: :encore: :cheer:
I weighed myself this morning, and check out my new signature!!!
:goodscale

By the way, that is down 7 lbs from when I went up 2 lbs!!!! ( I KNEW my period had SOMETHING to do w/ it!)

redswirls
10-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, this weekend hasn't been all bad. We ate out more..and drank way too much beer, but I also got some exercise in and we went dancing last night. My weight has remained the same as last weekend...yet I actually went up about 5 early in the week, and got back down to just maintaining. This coming week, I hope to make more decreases.

Sam..way to go one your big loss!! You will easily be at 250 by the end of the month and be well ahead of your Tday goal. Your costume looks fun, and I'm sure it will fit.

Well, I am off to take my bro to the airport, then I plan on working out. Hope y'all are having a great weekend...catch everyone tomorrow!

I'm Living
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
GOOD MONING EVERYONE, :) hope your all well CONGRATS on your great weight loss Sam you sure are an encouragement in yourself for me SMOKING yeah I,m lucky when it comes to that my body does,nt get addicted to nicotine I don,t have that thing in my brain that triggers addiction off but there not much else up there anyway , I can smoke like a chimney and then just stop and not tuch a ciggie for yrs , I feel for people who try to quit my hubby is one of those I watch him struggle then give in I guess its willpwer like anything else you have to really want to give it up , I wish you luck :crossed: for you if you decide to give it ago well thats it for me I,m off for :coffee: then exercise ;) bye for now BLESSED BE :grouphug: :wave: JLIE

redswirls
10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Every so often, I will pose a question to the group. Some health and weight loss related, some just for fun to get to know more about each other. They may be a bit off beat at times, but please feel free to share your perspective with the group!

With Halloween a couple weeks away, think back to when you were a kid. What was one of your favorite costumes? What was you favorite 'treat' to receive? What do you plan on handing out to the kiddos this year? (and it better not be your favorite treat...just cuz it's halloween, doesn't mean we should give ourselves permission to buy or indulge in empty calories!!)

Merrick
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Good Morning to you all :coffee:

I am sorry that I have not logged in for a few days. Boy alot has gone on here. I do not have time to respond to everyone individually, please forgive me. But I will try to generalize.

With the Turkey Challenge underway, describe your strategy/plan for approaching weight loss. Are you following a specific diet? How do you incorporate exercise? Is this approach different to things you have tried in the past?

Well, I sam trying to follow the WW points, (trying not to use the flex points, just the daily)

Exercise has been tough, I can do good for a few days, then not for a few more. I am trying to do yoga, step and walking 5 -6X a week. I eventually want to get back into resistance tubes 3X a week, but know I need to get motivated with my exercise, before I will stick with the tubes.

This approach is not different than for the past 5 years. I have been battling this for awhile, unsuccessfully. Wait, I have started meeting with a Psy, Dr. and we have been working on emotional eating.... I do not feel, my feelings, I eat or get mad. I have done great with not getting mad. But I'm still eating. I am working on accepting my feelings and honoring them, actually just feeling them. Also, I log in here. Thanks everyone. :D

I noticed the other day in the car driving home from Maine (apple picking, long, long ride). My son and nephew kept asking for donut holes. So I got a coffee and them some donut holes, well I at a few and after a bout 20 minutes, my son and I were yelling at each other. We cannot do sugar. We had a great day, but both became so nasty after the sugar. I am going to try to stay away from sugar myself. I monitor my son's sugar intake, he gets one sugary snack, ex: a few cookies, couple ssmall pieces of candy, etc. I need to do the same form myself.

Laura: You are extremely crafty. I love crafts. every year a run craft classes. This year I am making a bunch of frames, ornaments and other little thinks with polymer clay to sell at a craft fair. When I was married, I had a basket business, only for one year, it took off so well, that I could not keep up. I would bake, cookies, cakes, and make candies, truffles and make little crafty items. I still make my baskets, but not for sale. I give them for gifts for the grandparents and for anyone who helped me out, such as watching or caring for my son. I also make small baskets, for my brothers They love my candies. I taught a few classes on making candy. It went well. Your items sound great, have fun with it.

Well I have to get back to work. Have a great day everyone, great job on the weight loss and exercise. Great to see everyone getting back on track. Hang in there.

Angie, thanks for the questions, and getting everyone to log in again. :lol:

Samantha2002
10-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Angie - I would have to say that my favorite costume as a kid was half boy, half girl. The reason I remember that so vividly is because I won a costume contest at school. I do not pass out candy on Halloween for two reasons: one, because I enjoy going Trick or Treating w/ my nephew, but also because noone in my apartment building comes to my door!!

Anyways, I just got back from Step class, today's class KICKED MY ***!!! Today she had us get extra blocks for under our step - she wanted us to get 5 blocks under each, but I did 3 instead (I'm short - that's my justification!!!) OMG I will feel this today! Anyways, I will be going to take a short nap before work, and will post more later!!!

I'm Living
10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
G,day everyone hope your all well you all sound like your in pretty good spirits, we do.nt have halloween as such here downunder some people have parties any reason for a BBQ and booze up here in OZ is fine, not doing to bad have lost another lb hope its gone for good not just misplaced, anyway not much to say today catch up with you later bye for now BLESSED BE, JULIE

Merrick
10-19-2004, 10:29 AM
good morning to all,
my famous costume was my mother fixing me up to be a "bumb", she would burn a cork and put the black on my face, and I would wear some of my father's way too big clothes, cut and shreded. I think I like that one the best because it required my mother's attention. I honestly do not remember any stor bought costumes. I do not even remember my younger halloween years. As for the candy, I will never buy candy to pass out again. I live in a beach community, on a dead end street with 5 houses on it and no street lights. My first year there, I bought 4 big bags of candy, all kinds. I had one trick or treater. That left me with all the rest.... and I ate most of it. boy was I sick for days. The next year I bought 2 bags... nothing not even 1. I have finally learned now, I take my son trick or treating. And we go through it together and I will say that I do eat a couple of pieces and we send the rest off with Nani to bring into her office to share. I'm sure we will do the same this year.
As for my favorite.... everything, except black licorice or good and plenty.

I will try to log in later. My son has a pizza party for football, no parents allowed. I am looking into going back to WW meetings. I need to find the time and the money.

I'm Living
10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
G,day just dropped in for a quick chat not much to say, hope your all well hope you all enjoy your Halloween like I said don,t have ti here in OZ ;) so I can,t really identify so I,ll leave you guys to it have fun bye for now, BLESSED BE JULIE

redswirls
10-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, today was another good day. Opted not to go to the gym after work since I had to get a few things done here at home. I did manage to take a 30 min walk over lunch, so all wasn't lost. Ate well...yet did find myself craving pizza!! Managed to talk myself out of it and now I am glad I did.

Just saw a promo for the "Biggest Loser" on NBC....anyone else going to check it out? May be another dumb reality show...or another source of motivation. The challenge on Discovery Health was great, so this looks to be a version of that.

How is everyone doing for motivation??? Seems people are slacking on posting...hope that isn't a direct correlation to your weight loss efforts. We have to post on this to make it useful....so come on ladies!! Do what it takes to stay accountable!

Merrick
10-19-2004, 10:30 PM
quick not, I did watch the "biggest loser", not bad, definately motivating. But does anyone know when the other show airs on discovery on the east coast. I have never seen it but would love to check it out?????

Check in later ore tomorrow. Good night, past my bed time... :)

squabb56
10-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Hi all :wave:

Just a quick check in :shrug: sorry I haven't posted more.... just very busy. My posting isn't reflective on my progress (but it could slide if I don't continue to post regularly - thanks for the reminder Angela). I have been staying OP and getting some exercise everyday. WI is tomorrow so I guess we'll see..... I have been doing quite a lot of swimming (1/2 mile on Sunday & Tuesday) and I did 45 minutes water running on Monday.

Gosh I have a lousy memory.... I can't think of a costume I had.... I seem to have a vague memory of being a red devil :devil: red tights, T-shirt and hood with a silver (tin foil) fork. I always loved the rolls of twizzlers. We haven't had a trick or treater for at least 18 years. Yet we buy many times (just in case) every year. but it won't happen this year. #2 GS is coming over on the 30th for a sleep over so we'll probably buy some for him and #1 GS to take home. I will not eat any this year. I don't even want to figure out how many points are in one of those little chocolate bars, which are my favorite now.. :love: along with hot tomalies, I could go on and on and on ..... :lol:

Anyways gotta go...... Keep it up everyone :cheer:

Samantha2002
10-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey guys - I am one of the "slackers" but I assure you that it has nothing to do w/ my weight loss. My goal this week was to go to the gym 5 days this week (M-F) and today is my third day to go.
The real reason I haven't been posting is that my husband is always home, and when he is home, I normally don't get to use the computer, because he is always on it!!! But I assure you, I have been thinking about everyone, and everything is good here!!

Things will get back to normal soon, I promise!

squabb56
10-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello Everyone :wave:

Just in the door from WW. :dance: I am down 4.2 tonight. What a relieve after last week and the challenges I have faced this week.

I guess I have to go and change my signature next. WHOO HOO. :cheer:

I am well past my Halloween goal and only 1.8 from my Christmas goal. There will be a celebration, and definately a reward, after I reach my Christmas goal --- early -- :encore: and then I will reset it for the duration.

I have kept my pledge to myself to get at least 20 minutes exercise every day for five of the seven days. :workout: I will continue this weekly goal next week, as well I am going to make a conscious effort to get more protien in earlier in the day (breakfast) I think this might help with my success, and avoid me getting overly hungry before lunch.

I really wanted to watch the "biggest loser" but I ended up going swimming while it was on. Did anyone watch it?

I swam a kilometer on Sunday and a 1/2 mile last night. On Monday I went to the gym and "water ran" for 45 minutes. Tonight was a WW night so I didn't get my exercise in.

I hope everyone is well and on track. How are the turkey losers doin?

Samantha2002
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Good morning ladies - yesterday was a terrible day for me also, I wasn't feeling good, and on top of that I had court yesterday. I slept in, my husband was late for work (we slept until 9:30am, he was supposed to BE there at 7:00am!) So I didn't got to the gym (my class starts at 8:30am) and then to top it off for lunch I had a Sonic Size tator tots w/ cheese and a rt 44 Dr. Pepper.
But I know better than to beat myself up for that, I am back on today, will be going to the gym in about an hour, have Step N Flex today, and everything will be fine. I actually notice that my days are either perfect or horrible, it's like somehow in my mind I justify eating crap just because I didn't go to the gym. So what I need to do is make sure that I go to the gym as often as possible to avoid thinking like that.
I can tell that my body is trying to get sick, but I won't let it, I can't because I can't afford to miss any work. Chances are good that my husband will get fired after yesterdays incident. His surgery took all of his available time off, took all of his late incident and everything, so when his shift lead finds out about yesterday, he will probably get fired. I know how this goes, because this has happened many many times (he doesn't usually get fired, ususally he quits, but either way it is like pulling teeth to get him to go find another job, so here we are living off my income alone. I don't make enough for that. But I have done it before, I suppose I can do it again.
Anyways, whatever happens, I will be okay. I hope everyone has a really great day!

Merrick
10-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Well good afternoon to all.
So sorry that I have been slacking myself, but doing well here. I have been watching the RedSox, yeah, yeah, they did it!!!, Lot of late nights, really tired, but did over eat or drink.
I am so proud of everyone on their weight loss or remaining the same. Better than gaining.

Trisha: I watched it also, I felt the same way, they looked so much bigger, but between the TV adding pounds and a couple of them were short. One women said she was only 5 feet. I had a hard time with comparing myself to them. "well if they weigh that and look like that, what do I look like." But I did get pumped up. I did not have any evening snacks after watching that.

Joy, great job on the passing goal. Which WW program are you doing?

I joined WW the other day with my sister in-law. I was down .6, which I will take, I had not been exercising. Too tired. I have been walking my 2 miles and did yoga only one day. But no Step or other cardio. I was real excited to be back at WW and look forward to going. :D

Sam sorry that your hubby is taking up your comp time, it will soon pass and you can get back to loggin in. Sorry to hear things are tough, hang in there. I agree may going to the gym everyday may help, I'll pray for you. Try not to look at it as balck and white, you had more than you wanted too at lunch, (which really wasn't that bad, OMG I could do alot worse) have a smaller dinner or no snacks for the rest of the day and let it go. Easier said than done, you remind me of myself, that is what I do. At our WW meeting this week, she used "Dory" from "Finding Nemo", she always said, "Just keep swimming". Great inspirational and redirection. When I felt weak yesterday that is what I said to myself. My sister in law said she did the same thing. I am going to watch the movie again, with a different perspective. :) Hang in there you are so a strong person and have helped me soooooo much in the past... read some of your posts, print them and keep reading them... remind yourself how strong you really are. Please take car of yourself and know that we all care about you here and you will be in my prayers. :smug:

Laura, good job, remaining the same is bette than a gain. I would take that, I hope you are not getting sick. I am sorry to hear about your friend, that is very tough to stay focus when that happens. Sorry to hear about your rug, that is pure aggravation. Silly dogs. Hang in there, you'll be right back on track.

Merrick
10-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I thought I was going to log into a bunch of posts..... where is everyone, did I miss a move or a message...... Hey do I stick!!!! :^: I am sure everyone is doing well, but busy. I was busy myself this weekend. I hope all is well. I wrote in my last post that I over ate and drank, while watching the game. I meant to write I did NOT. Oh well. I am sure that is not why everyone is not logging in.

Yesterday I did well with the eating. I have been walking my 2 miles each day, but nothing else. I want to do more than that. I will try. Today, my eating was not as good, but not as bad as the past. After dinner, I had about 4 cookies. Not great, but better than 10.

Well, I hope to hear from everyone. Have a great night. Hang in there everyone. :p

squabb56
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi Lynn

I've been doing well too. Getting some exercise in today. Hopefully starting at the gym tomorrow morning - 5am.

I'm not sure where everyone is... probably busy.

I keep checking the posts.... don't have much to say tho.....

Keep on .... keepin' on

:-j

Samantha2002
10-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

I am doing good as far as dieting goes, I suppose, I realized that some of my shorts & pants fit me that havnen't fit me for a while, it's like having a whole new wardrobe! Some of them still don't fit me, but that's ok because I still have something to look forward to. To bad about the shorts though, because it's getting too cold to wear them, and hopefully by next summer time they will be WAY too big to fit me.

So probably my husband is off to his last day at work today, I keep thinking that, but I bet that he will get fired today. GOD. I can't even begin to describe how that makes me feel.

Anyways, I will go to the gym today, and will be cleaning house all day long. FUN FUN.

squabb56
10-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Hi Sam,

Way to go - fitting into those "new" clothes. :bravo: I'm sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to. Don't worry.

redswirls
10-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Hey ladies!

Just a quick check in...hope everyone is doing well. Been out of town the past few days on a training session for work. Travel seems to treat me well...still lost for the week. Feeling great and am finally retiring a pair of pants that have gotten too big> Nice motivation. Wore a pair today that had fit much tighter a month ago...are great now.

Ok...off to grad some dinner. Will try and write more tomorrow!

Merrick
10-27-2004, 08:06 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I have been staying up late watching the world series.... very exciting.

Nice to hear all the motivation. Fitting into smaller tighter clothes, is soooo awesome. I am so happy for you all. I weigh in tonight. I have been staying OP but my exercise is still a little slow. I have rented a couple of tables at 2 local church craft fairs. Therefore, while watching the games, I have been working on my crafts. I am excited, I have never done this before. I am hoping that my cousin (who is visiting her husbands family in Ireland) will do the tables with me. She stated last year that she wanted to do it. We'll see.

Anyway, Sam, I'm sorry but I must have missed something, why do you keep thinking your husband is going to lose his job? Iam sorry to hear you so stressed. I do know that feeling. :?: My heart and prayers go out to you. Please pray for answers and guidence and I will also. Hang in there. It will all work out. :smug: Even if it does not feel like it now.

Angie did you go some place exciting with work???? Hope you had some time to yourself. :cool:

Laura, how is the crafting and the CD going? I am going on a haunted hayride and haunted house this weekend. I can't wait. sounds like you had fun spending others money.... I love to do that also. ;) Hey, what about a chat night soon???? I know it is a tough time,

Joy, gald to hear things are going well..... Keep up the great work.

Well I have to get back to work. I love working at home in my pjs, have a great to all of you. I love this group. Great support and soooo positive.

Samantha2002
10-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Lynne - congratulations on the weight loss!! Yeah, I think my husband may lose his job soon because when he had his surgery it took up all of his sick time, late excuses, everything that he had available. Well, when he was out, he got back into our old sleep schedule, staying up/sleeping late. So on his second day back, we slept until 930am when he is supposed to be at work at 700am. So as soon as his shift lead finds out about that, I am afraid that they are going to fire him.

About a chat, I would love to chat next Monday evening at about 700pm central time? How does that sound? Let me know what you think!

OK sorry this is so short, my grandma is coming to pick me up to go have lunch, and I am not even dressed yet!! Will talk to you guys later!

Samantha2002
10-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Good morning ladies!

Today is good so far...haha all 25 minutes so far :)

Anyways, went to the gym three times this week, haven't lost any weight yet, but I notice that sometimes I won't lose anything for like a week, and then all of a sudden it just like falls off. You would think that every day there would be a little bit of difference, but that isn't how it works for me. Diet for me has not been perfect, but definitely better than it could be, and today is payday so I am able to go to the grocery store & get healthy food, that way I am not eating crap that I find.

Anyways, my husband dressed up for work today (he is a pimp for Halloween - he looks really cute!) so he should have fun. We aren't dressing up for work at my job, but I look forward to Sunday!!

You guys have a GREAT DAY!!!!

Merrick
10-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Good Morning ladies and gents :coffee:

Well, I thought last night was going to be night to hit the sack early... nooooo my computer is messed up. I am not going to work on it until I can get it fixed. Some spyware thingy has taken it over. therefore, I am in the office logging on. But I will not log on again till monday. I will try to view threads. This sh*t scares me. I don't want it to turn into a virus and send to others. Don't even know if that could happen, but I will do everything in my power to avoid that. I will be working with the computer people later today again......

Anyway, on a positive note... down another 2.2 total 4.8 and 5.2 more to go for the TC challenge.

Sam, I am so sorry to hear that your husbands employers aren't a little more understanding of his situation. But it sounds like things are going to be okay??? hang in there, great job on the exercise. I would like to do a chat on Monday night at 6pm Central, 5pm Eastern...I have no idea what time that would be down under???? But try to joins everyone...
Anyone else want to join us.... Laura, what about you????

Everyone is doing so well, I love to hear it. Keep up the great work... have a great day. I have to keep short while at work... :smug:

squabb56
10-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi all,

I was down another 2.4 on Wednesday at Weight Watchers Weight In. I've been keeping on program and drinking water pretty well.

I have been doing more exercise.... but I think I should do a little more. Mon.,Tue., Wed am went to the gym, but now here it is Friday and I've done no more. Thursday was class night so I don't plan on going to the gym. Today, I had my bag packed in the car and had plans to do some water running after work, when my car went on auto-pilot and I was 3/4 the way home before I realized that I was going the wrong way..... so I just went home. I'll be helping my daughter and her family move tomorrow so I should get a fair bit of exercise with that.

DH & I headed out for Chinese Food again, seems to be a Friday habit. We had Wor Won Ton Soup and split a dinner for one (chicken chow mean, seschwan beef, and beef chop suey) which is half of what we regularly eat. Don't know how to count it but I think as far as eating out goes we've improved our choices, which is something that we can live with.

This is now week 7 on weight watchers and I don't seem to be having too many troubles keeping on program. Today everybody seemed to bring in either chocolates or snacky items for everyone. I'm happy to say I resisted the temptation. I did go to a retirement luncheon buffet but I only had salad and a sample of butter chicken and curried lamb. I think I did okay. Have GS #2 for the night tomorrow, usually have something for dinner that a kid would like, we'll see how that goes. We will buy some Hallowe'en treats for both of them but they'll have to take them home before any packages get opened.

:bravo: Lynn -- good job on the weight loss. :cp: My WW leader spoke of Dory at our meeting also. To me it is about keeping focus.

Its good to see that you are keeping up your exercise and being mindful of what you are eating Sam, those are good habits that you are building, chances are you'll keep some of them for the rest of your life and be very successful meeting your goal. :balloons: Sounds like your hubby did fine going back to work -- his morale must be high if he's willing to dress up. :yes:

Thirty pounds, Angela. WTG. :encore: I'm at just over twenty right now, hoping for another ten to meet my Christmas challenge goal.

Hey Laura, you'll have to be serious about staying on program if you want to lose ten pounds by Nov. 25 (is that a special signifant date?) consider this a challenge... :goodluck:

Well that's it for now.

Have a great weekend everyone, and Happy Hallowe'en :devil: :yikes: :eek: :s: :s: :doh: :flame: :dance: Remember only tricks.... no treats :nono:

Samantha2002
11-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Angela - I am sorry that you feel that way. I personally find this thread very motivational.
Well I just got back from Trick or Treating. Then my friend & I went to the bar for a little while, but it is only 1100pm now, and I am already home, so I will still get in a good nights sleep. I had a really good time, and if I may say so myself, I looked really cute!!! I would have taken a picture but my husband is already in bed asleep. I am just celebrating my meeting my Halloween goal. Hurray!!! :p :devil:
Tommorrow is the beginning of a new month, and I for one am determined to start again, fresh. Remember, I have to lose eight more pounds in order to for me to "lose a turkey"!!!!!!! :tread: :drill:

Anyways, ladies, I hope you all had a very nice Halloween, and I hope you all did your best to stay away from all that Halloween candy!! :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss:

Samantha2002
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Well I think that I should say that this is crap.

First of all, I truly considered each of you to be my friend, as well as support. If you can't find the "support" that you need on this particular thread, fine, it isn't like you are limited to only ONE thread. You can post on as many threads as you want, and just because you are finding MORE support somewhere else, doesn't mean you should act like WE aren't good enough for you.

Secondly, I understand what it's like to be "busy". I am also very very busy. And I probably don't post as often as I should. But I truly depend on coming back here at least once a day and read the posts here, even if I don't have time to respond to them. Honestly, there have been times when I really felt like giving up, but didn't want to lose the companionships that I have made here.

Maybe I am just being a baby, but I really really feel abandoned.

Merrick
11-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey ladies, I always seem to miss what is going on. Why is anyone leaving. I agree with Sam I thought we were more than just a "thread", but friends and support. I am also sorry for not logging in but I have some crazy stuff going on with my home computer and Iwas told my my teck that it is not a virus, but I am still nervous about passing something on, that is why I can only log on at work. I am still working on my computer.... but please, I hope noone leaves. This was such a great thread. But ya now, this is crazy, why does anyone feel left out? I really do not have the time to read the past few threads, but I am shocked by what is going on.
Laura, I am sorry to hear you are going through some bad times, but we could probably help. Angie, why are you leaving? I see your name mentioned alot after you post. I am confused. I guess it payes to be oblivious to what is going on. Becasue I love this site, this threa, this group. each and everyone of you.
Well, I do have to go,,,, but look forward to reading what the **** is going on

Merrick
11-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Just checking in.... TC
Well down another 1.8 yea for me. Have to make this short I'm at work and I need tolook at new computers.. Anyway I have 3.4 lbs to go for the TC. Hope all is well with everyone. How is everyone doing?????

Samantha2002
11-05-2004, 11:01 AM
I started a new thread for everyone who wants to join:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=709222#post709222