Old 10-08-2004, 08:30 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - October 8th

Good morning Ladies

Yesterday at work, our computer system went down, the entire plant had no internet/network service from around 12:30 pm until 10 pm last night, so I sat all afternoon playing games on the hard drive of my pc lol. I was lost w/out you all lol and actually my work.

Nothing planned for this weekend, I just want to get in some cluttered corners and clean. I think I'm going to have to go get some more fake pumpkins b/c the 3 that we picked last week, well lets just say the squirrels had a good time w/the seeds, poor Grace, she cried when she saw her pumpkins split open and the rodent having a good ol meal.

Whats everyone doing this weekend ? anything fun?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Welcome back to the land of the 'net We made a thread at the same time...so figured I'd just move everything here

Ok. Won't go into details but I wasn't OP at ALL yesterday/last night. So it's back to induction again for me. This time I'm giving up my soda (except for when we bowl).
DH called his mom when he got home and told her the photos were cancelled for Sunday. Technically they are---IF we can get them done tonight or tomorrow He lied (or didn't really know) to her and told her it was only the SIL that I was ticked at. Told DH that was wrong--I was mad at her also. Mainly because she CHOSE them over us. That's the way it seems anyway. Whatever happened to being able to get a picture of the FIL and MIL for our records? The "family" picture would have just been extra. Jeez. But ya know, also told DH that they best not expect me for Christmas. He's not happy about that one--major issues with MY family so we're at an impass. I'll figure out how to deal with Christmas later though. I'm sure by that time I'll be at least a little less PO'd at them.
So it's Day 1 of induction for me today.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Brenda, your in sinister company. I did wonderful yesterday until 9:30 pm last night and I'm very much ashamed to admit it. I ate 4 mini snicker bars I even exercised yesterday and broke a sweat. I just don't get it.

Anyway, WE WILL do good today right ?

Gotta meeting at 9 am.. ICK!!! bbl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #4  

Good morning. Well that makes 3 of us I have been eating horrible all week. I am not freaking out about it though. I know I will get back on track. Funny thing is is that as my weight has been going up I sware my inches are not!

Leenie: I am feeling better thank you. I have finally been getting some sleep the last couple of nights and that has made all the difference in the world! My neck is now and will always be a pain in the........well....neck I guess. Aren't you lucky they hold your meetings in the morning! Mine are always at 5PM!!!!!

Brenda: Oh family issues..........Don't even get me going! I don't even have any great words of wisdom on that subject.....If I did I wouldn't have such problems with my family and DH's family. I guess you just have to take them as they come

Well, we have a barbeque to attend tomorrow.....catered....should be good. Then on Sunday I want to get my sewing projects done. I bought more fabric the other day!!!!!!!!! Someone stop me!!!!!!!! After I finish the wool jacket I am making I am going to make a skirt. Those are a snap compaired to the jacket and blouse I did. A friend asked me to shorten the sleeves on a top that she bought so I also have to get that done. Oh and fit in some grocery shopping too! So much for Sunday.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:21 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Oh, no! I didn't know a squirrel would mess around with a pumpkin. I know someone who's dog eats pumpkins. The dog really can't do too much damage until the pumpkin's carved, but then the dog starts gnawing on the cut-out areas. Crazy dog!

Brenda: I'm so sorry about all the family issues. It sounds like you're trying to do a good thing by getting a family photo done. I don't know why everyone is causing so many problems! You can do it -- you can stay OP!

Jane: Have fun with all of your sewing. I wish I could do that. I have decided to start doing more crafts, though. I love doing them. I just don't know why I don't do them more often. But, the fall and winter is a great time to get started on them again.

Well, I've been reading about how a number of you have had run-ins with spaghetti squash. Well, I over-indulged on the stuff last night. I forgot how good that squash is -- love it!! But, other than gorging on spaghetti squash, I'm still OP and going strong -- it's been four days now! I can't believe it.

Tonight I am going to play football with a friend and some people she works with -- I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into... I guess if nothing else, I'll burn some calories. I really like to play football. I just haven't done it in awhile. I'm sure it will be fun, though.

On Saturday, I am going with a friend to look for a dog for her at SPCA shelters and humane societies. We looked last week, and she didn't find what she was looking for. I love spending Saturday that way. I love animals, especially dogs. Then, in the afternoon, we are trying to get a group together to play beach volleyball. I'm really looking forward to that.

I just realized how both days include physical activity. That's a great step for me! I always seem to be so lazy on the weekends.

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning all.

Leenie, I got a fake pumpkin, LOL, actually one that I can light candle in. It is very cute. I got it from a Hallmark store.

Brenda, sorry about your in-laws, it is amazing when something so small and insignificant can give you so much stress. Hope everything quit down soon.

Jane, have a great barbecue party tomorrow. The weather should be in mid 70s around here. I love this weather. And have fun sewing. You are so talented.

Jina, way to go on planning your weekend full of activities, have fun this weekend now.

I haven’t posted here lately but I did come by a few times, mostly at night, and read a few days worth of chats, some how the conversation, even though I wasn’t in it, made my resolve strong again.

Back in September I was confronted with a challenge of a good nature, I started dating, LOL. Of course my date has a sweet tooth. Every time we go out he orders dessert. I have either been ordering something small and healthy (yes right? LOL!) and eating just half of it or nothing at all. However, when I didn’t order anything he insisted that I have a few bites from his dessert. So needless to say in the middle of last month, for the first time since I started LC, I gained 3 pounds of what I had lost. I felt really bad that I had gained, but otherwise I was at the top of the world. Yes, I even reasoned to myself, what if I gain a few pounds, I am happy, truly happy, for the first time in almost five years, so what is 3 pounds, I will lose it again.

But then I came to my senses and realized that if I let myself go and gain some weight back I wouldn’t be happy 100%. Thus I told him that I had gained 40 pounds in the last 4 and half years and have lost almost 30 of it and want to lose another 10 or so pounds in the next six months. I was fully expecting that he tells me that I look good and don’t need to lose any more. But he said that he didn’t notice and that I should let him know if he can do anything to support me. See I am telling you, he is just a great guy. Then he asked if I was still running when I said yes he asked if I didn’t mind we could go running together. I have to mention that he is my best friend’s cousin whom I had a crush on when I was a teenager, but he being 3 years older than us wouldn’t give me the time of day back then. We meet again at my friends wedding and being hanging out since. Yes, he has come to his senses, LOL, and likes me now, LOL. Anyhow, we have been going running, hiking, biking, and roller bladding a lot lately, and also been eating lots of desserts. But now I make most of the desserts and they are all LC. He says he likes them better than the store bought ones. Anyway, right now I can’t ask for a better companion.

I hope that you have a great weekend. And if you have Monday off, enjoy your long weekend.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:54 AM   #7  

Jina: I always feel so bad for the animals in the SPCA that I want to take them all home. We have a cat shelter near our house and they have a sign out once in a while saying they are looking for canned food. I always wanted to get some so one day when we were at Sam's I bought a case and brought it over to them. Made me feel good.
Sounds like you are going to have fun this weekend.

Rachel: WOW, What exciting news! He sounds like a wonderful guy....enjoy. Nothing like a new boyfriend! And one that helps you get your exercise in too!!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #8  
on my way down again

Hi All! I was up at 3:45 this morning, but didn't want to start a thread with no thoughts in my head.

Leenie, I noticed you were gone yesterday and missed you. I have my faithful Mah Jong games on my hard drive for those times I don't have internet. Oh, I think it's time I dig my fake pupmkin out of the closet.

Brenda, You can stay OP today: I know you can. I'm in such suspence and can't wait to hear how the picture taking goes. LOL I hope it works out for you in the end. You mention Christmas...I've already been thinking about the holidays plans myself too.

Jane, I'm glad you're feeling better. : I want to make something out of wool, but haven't tried yet. I've sewn nice jackets out of Polar Fleece and think if I'm taking the time, I should use wool sometime. One thing I love about this time of year, is my sewing machine and serger find a permanant place in my dining room.

Jina, That's so nice of you to go to the SPCA. It's nice you have one where you can go look. We can't "look" like we used to. We always used to have rescued dogs, even if we were just the temp. home before we found good homes. I think it's called fostering now, but we didn't have a title then, other than dog lovers. We have to know what we want before we go in and fill out our life history. So many wonderful homes for these dogs get turned down for the most redicioulous reasons. There are too many in the editoral section in the newpaper. If one does qualify, say for a Terrier, then when they come in, they will call those people to let them know. But they won't give anyone a dog who simply makes a little mistake or is unclear in a yes or no answer on the application--no exceptions allowed. Here are the examples. The last time we went to ours, it was not friendly or welcome. We know many people who get turned down too just because they put the wrong answer on the application, who would make wonderful homes...some are very wealthy people.. One friend answered "yes" the dog would be outside, meaning the Lab would GET to go in their fenced yard, and they took it as it would always be tied up 24/7. They had planed to tie it until they made sure it wouldn't hop the fence. They can never get a dog there. Also, we were not allowed to just go "look and choose". We must first fill out an application with income, home status,etc. and KNOW the breed we want to look at, and list the ones we've had. And if people have kids, some breeds, like Chihuahuas, will not be placed. One friend said she was getting married in a month and yes they plan on having children. She meant (((some day))). But it was a Yes or No question...She was denied. It's sad because many people won't even go try. (Sorry this is so long, but dogs have been my life; I used to own and operate a grooming parlor, dog obedience classes, a little dog boarding, and individual rescues/home placements) I love them.

Rachel, I'm glad to here your boyfriend is a great guy and supports you like that. Wait until he tastes some wonderful dinners and desserts that you make and eat.

I stayed OP yesterday but I won't weigh until tomorrow. : I enjoyed knowing there was a plate of baked chicken thighs in the fridge to munch on whenever I wanted it. I went to my back doctor yesterday and wanted to proclaim I lost 9 pounds since the 29th. But he doesn't ever weigh me, never lectures me, and has never made me feel guilty. He's the kindest doctor I've ever had, and his office staff is very nice as well. This weekend is the "Sea Cruise" event. The entire park fills with cars, bands, booths, etc. We love to go look at all the classic, antique, and other cars.

Time for an omlette. Everyone, have a great OP day!

Last edited by Barbie101; 10-08-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:13 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Did I mention the alcohol consumed last night? no watermelon martini though. Still want to find out how to make that!!

Jane: Sounds like a busy weekend. Is it possible you're building muscle and that's why your inches aren't going anywhere? Whatever you're doing keep it up

Jina: Isn't playing the sport more fun than watching? I had played touch football about a month ago and had forgotten how much I enjoy playing. And it was great because 5 minutes into the game I wasn't huffing and puffing like I used to! Have fun The problem I have is that our veterinary clinic IS our humane society. So every time I go in there I get the urge to go look at their animals. DH would KILL me if I brought more home. But I'd love to bring Ginger (the kittens mom) home!!! the only good thing is they don't euthanize them if they've been there "too long"!

Rachel: Oh sounds like you found a good one!!! Have fun and w/all the exercising the little bit of desert should be coming off?

Barbie: An early morning thread with no thoughts? Now why didn't you go ahead and open one up! That'd have been interesting

Well, doesn't look like the family pictures will be taken today. Not unless it quits sprinkling (which it was SUPPOSED to do). So it'll (possibly) take place tomorrow. DH has to work tomorrow AND Sunday. So he won't get a day off at all this weekend. Then I'm sure he'll be working the whole week and next Saturday also. If they're right, then it'll be Sunday as well. It's either that or they'll put a 3rd shift on....and then DH would be put on that shift. Grrrr.
I'm thinking today wasn't the best time to go cold turkey w/out the soda I've got this monster headache and I'm not sure if it's due to the caffeine withdrawals or the weather (sinuses). Only good thing is I had that root canal so my tooth isn't killing me like it usually does. I think I'm going to take some Tylenol and go take a nap.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Hey dah-lings!

It's been a while, but it's sooooooooooooooooooooo hard to plunk myself down in front of the computer when I can be out somewhere and avoiding the kitchen and t.v. instead.

But all's going well. I'm doing good with the exercise in general (not the running, specifically). I threw out all questionable kitchen items (we all know lc ice cream is murder). And I'm feeling good!

No news on the job front. But even that's ok. I'm enjoying my downtime. If it goes on another month, I'll be climbing the walls, but for now, it's good.

Talk to you all soon!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #11  

Good to hear from you StarPrincess. We miss you around here. Glad to hear you are doing well. I would LOVE some time off work....*sigh*
Old 10-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Star: Good luck on the job issue. And congrats w/staying OP!

Jane:

Well, just got back from bowling. I did the best I've bowled since we started. Now why can't I do that during league night? Cuz there's PEOPLE there So I just have to remember HOW I'm doing it the way I did it tonight and I should up my average GREATLY. Plus the exercise was fun. I wasn't hungry for supper so just had a medium sized salad. I know, I know. Where's the beef. But at least I was OP!! lol.
Tomorrow it's belly dancing for oldest DD. Youngest is going to my parents. Pictures on Sunday (when the weather's supposed to be sunny and nice). DH has to work Saturday AND Sunday. So no break even on the weekend for him. Poor guy!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!