Support Groups - Hi! I'm new here and looking for a buddy...

April28
10-07-2004, 03:10 AM
Hi Everybody! Like my Screenname says ( I was;nt very original I know) my name is April and I am 28 and live in Oklahoma. I started on my journey to loose weight back in Feb and so far I have managed to go from 272 to 230 pounds. I feel great and all now but have gotten into sort of a slump where I don't want to exercise or watch what I eat,etc. In other words I need a reason to stay motivated even on days when I feel like giving up. I just want to get down to maybe 145 which I feel is not an unrealistic goal and can be achieved if i just stick with it.

I just wanted to know if there is anyone here who would be willing to be my Buddy......we could offer each other support and just be there for each other during our weight loss journey.

Athena0067
10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey there! I'm kinda in the same boat as you.. started at 275ish and now i'm stuck at 240ish with no motivation.. :( I'm 25 looking for a buddy for a little motivation and support. hope ot talk to ya soon!

April28
10-08-2004, 01:52 AM
I am defiantely interested in becoming budddies! I know I can be here to offer encouragement and be one your case when you don't stay focused and motivated. As I would hope you would do the same for me.........I try to stay focused and motivated but there are times when I just need someone to remind me not to give up.

I am going to join a gym tomorrow its about 5 minutes from my house and with my schedule I can go every morning. I'm not going to overdo it but I am going to go every morning....some days just doing cardio.

Are you a member of a gym? If not, What do you do for exercise?
I lost all the weight I lost so far by simply walking....3 miles a day.....thats all I did and I lost. that and watching my diet but as far as exercise goes walking was it.

Do you follow a special diet Or do you just simply watch what you eat?
I just simply cut back on some things and watch what I eat....I'm not on any specific diet though.

Athena0067
10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
:coffee: Sounds like a plan! I know i can offer encouragment and support too! I'm used to go to the gym but the one by my house shut down. I lost my weight by walking as well. Either at night or on my lunch break.Its a good way to destress as well!! I do light weight training or when i'm feeling adventurous, pilates at home. I'm good about exercising 2-3 times a week, but i need to start doing more since i've kinda hit a flat spot. I did just get one of those Gazelle walkers, which has been wonderful since i live in the city of rain (Seattle). I watch my evening shows and get my cardio in too!

I'm not on any set diet program. I love pasta and bread too much for atkins or south beach. I did buy the 6-week body makeover plan with Micheal Thurmond. It worked but it was a little extreme and limited. So i follow the general principles so i usually try to eat more fequently in less quantity. It takes some planning but i avoid overeating this way. I try to avoid fast food...and always try to make half of my meal fruits or veggies. Thats really about it. It's been working for me so far. Of course i always have to splurge for a day a week on one of two things in moderation :lol: .
Well, back to work i go... Hope to talk to ya soon!

April28
10-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Awesome!!!! I could never follow anything like the Atkins diet...though I know people on it who have lost alot of weight....simply becasue I love pasta and bread wayyy too much. I doubt I could ever give them up completely so if I did go on the Atkins diet once I went off it and started to eat the things I love again I'd prolly just gain it all back and then some. Scary thought.

I was doing real good with going out and doing my walking every day then I just got in this slump and have'nt felt like doing it even though i know I need to. Going for a walk is an awesome way to de-stress and just clear your mind. A freind of mine told me to do things like sit-ups when commercials come on and then take a breather while the show I am watching is on then back to exercising during the commericals. I did that once....the problem is though that I don't watch that much tv. There are 2 shows that I watch without fail every week but other than those I don't pay attention to the tv.

I'm just eating smaller portions and more often too.....I don't deny myself those things I love I just eat them in moderation and in smaller portions.

Athena0067
10-12-2004, 11:50 AM
How was your weekend? Mine was good but dietwise it was horible. :( I went on a long road trip to visit a friend so we ate from drivethu's pretty much all weekend! But, back on track today.

Thats a good idea to do little exercises on the commercials. Now i just need to watch more tv!! :lol:
I work in a office so i make a point of walking up and down the stairs at least 15 times a day and always following the rule of walk to a person down the hall instead of email. My motivation for before or after work exercise died a while ago too. I just keep trying to park further away or be sure to walk down every isle when i go shopping just to be moving more. Little things like that seem to work for me as long as i keep increasing the amount. Kinda funny, but it makes me do a little more.

Happy Monday!!
Steph :coffee:

Amaya
10-12-2004, 12:20 PM
good morning!! i know you asked for 'a' buddy, not more then one, but i hope you don't mind me stepping into your thread. two is better then one, right? :)

maybe we could all help each other? i am 5'3 and a half, and weigh 190lbs. i want to get down, my ultimate goal, to 130. so i have a lot to lose... I just recently joined a gym (Lucille Roberts) and my brother, who is studying to become a physical trainer, is making a schedule for me to follow to lose weight. i am also going to be counting cals so i can burn more then i take in.

i hope maybe we can all be of help to each other. if not, i will scoot out of your thread :)

Athena0067
10-12-2004, 01:18 PM
The more the merrier!! Looks like we're all looking to lose about the same amount :) I've been battling the bulge for too long and its time to win. I need all the support i can get so here i am! Tell us a little bit about yourself if you have some time :) Talk to ya soon!
Steph

yogamaniac
10-14-2004, 03:45 PM
HI! I'm new too. I started the program on 10/13. I am 5;7"182lbs. I have two beautiful children. Emily and Dylan. I'm a SAHM. But not for long. My husband and I are getting ready to be self-employed. VERY STRESSFUL!! I have concerned about day care for my EMily. Dylan is in school. I will miss her terribly. But you got to do what you got to do. Oh! It is the perfect time to begin a business in the food industry. We are taking over a little hoagie shop. You know cheesestaks, french fries. We'll sell all the good stuff I can't have. Oh well I;m babbling. Any advice for snacking would be much appreciated! I was on WW before-I think it was 123 success plan. I was successful but then I got pregnant. I too need all the support I can get also. Please reply...soon

April28
10-15-2004, 02:38 AM
I know I asked for "a" buddy generally meaning one....but thats not necessairly what I meant. I say the more people that join in the better.....so welcome to everyone!

I've had good/bad days this week.....I've stayed OP and gotten in exercise the first part of the week then the last few I've gone Off plan and gotten lil to no exercise.

I try to remain postive and stay focused but it seems like somedays I just slip and fall back into old habits and then in turn I end up depressed.

I hope everyone here has had a good week this week. I will try to post in here more often:) Its nice to meet everyone!

Athena0067
10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
How's everyone today? I'm so glad its friday!!! It's been a long week that needs to end. I'm ready for a fresh start. I've been bouncing on and off plan so much i lost track!!! :?:
Anyone have any goals for next week? I have 2. One is to not have any fast food, no matter how much of a hurry i'm in! Second one is to get off my butt when i'm at home. Even its just as small as cleaning/picking up the house watching tv verses plopping down on the couch. Bad habbits are hard to break. :(
Well, i hope you are all doing well!!! Take care!!

Failure is an opportunity to begin more intelligently. :smug:
HW: 271 CW: 243 GW: 180ish!!!

jeanessa
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, I am basically new, too. I am currently at my heighest weight of 265 and have only ever dieted one time before in my life....and that was Atkins seven years ago when I was 183 pounds and scared of reaching 200. I did extreme Atkins for around four weeks and lost about 37 pounds. I was around 145 and carefree, never knowing that I should have probably stayed at 183 and figured out how to eat healthier. Around six months after the Atkins thing (which I abused, by the way) I was up to 205.

Now, I am trying valiantly to pursue a healthier eating plan, but I am not very excited about it. My hubby is trying to GAIN weight and I recently bought all of these gourmet cooking essentials (copper pots, etc.) and have started to learn to cook excellently...

BUT I know I need to lose weight and just being on this site and seeing what some people have done is very inspirational. I am going to start working out and limiting myself to my meals, 2 snacks and nothing else as a start.

Wish me luck!

Athena0067
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Good Luck Jeanessa!!! When you cook.. you can make almost anything lower fat by substituting fatty ingredients for low fat. Let me know if you want any recipe websites that have huge low fat sections. Don't give up flavor!!!! :hun:

:dancer: Today is a new beginning for me. Last week i got so off plan i'm just starting over. I planned out my meals for the week to avoid bad habits of quick and easy fatty foods. I even signed up for a Jazzercise class for the next month. Hopefully i'll keep on track and suceed this time. I've set a mini goal for Thanksgiving of 235. :tread:
Happy monday to you all!!!
~Steph~ :coffee2:

overweightlady
10-18-2004, 11:39 PM
:) Hello everyone, wondering if I can join in too?
I just need someone to talk to when I am having
that moment, like right now. :stress:
I am 5'1" currently weighing in at 178.5, My heighest
weight was 213.0 last August, when I had my last baby.
I only lost 5 lbs after delivery. :(
I joined WW in October of last year, losing 16 lbs and then quitting.
I then somehow lost 4 lbs over the summer. :cool:
On Sep 22, 2004 I got it in my head, I am going to do this.
I weighed in at 188.0
I started watching what I am eating and trying to put a little of exercise
in each day. But, it is so.......... hard.
I have three girls ages 6,4 and 14 months.
I actually have lost 10lbs as of Sunday. :)
But I just need some support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to communicate with some people everyday.
We are going on vacation at Thanksgiving time and would love to have
lost another 10 lbs.
Can anyone help me??????????????
Thanks a bunch!!
Amy

vollybchick
10-19-2004, 10:53 AM
hey! i read your stories and you guys sound like me. I used to weigh 272.5 now i weigh 230. i had lost more weight and was down to 206 but i kinda got so happy i didnt care what i ate or even if i excerised now i am back up to 230 which is really depressing. Hopefully we all could movate eac other.

hw-272.5
cw- 230.0
gw- 180

Athena0067
10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
this site makes me feel more and more not alone in this battle every morning! :coffee: Anyone is welcome here. I feel like the welcome wagon :dizzy: More people, more support! Are either of you on a specific plan? I think i've tried them all, but i'm horrible at cutting things completely out of my diet. Now i just watch my portion size and aim for the lower fat/cal stuff. Gotta get back to work for a bit.. see ya later!!
Steph :^:

overweightlady
10-19-2004, 02:08 PM
:) I am basically doing the same thing, lowcal/lowfat. I just need
some people to talk to about the same thing I am going through.
It help's me alot. My husband is there also for me, but he already
lost his 30 lbs. he needed to. How frustrating it is that men can lose
just at the drop of a hat. I am so glad I found this sight, Thank you all. :)
Amy

Athena0067
10-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I know exactly how you feel about men losing weight easily. My bf try's for a few weeks and drops 10 pounds. i try for a month or two and i'm lucky with losing 5 consistenly. i don't get it. He's supportive too, but's its easier to vent on here :)
Today is a good day for me so far.. I even passed up birthday cake from one of the girls in the office! Every little bit helps right?! :^:
Steph

overweightlady
10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Steph, Do you exercise? Since I started this eating change, I have done
something almost every day. Today, I walked on my treadmill :tread:
today for 40 minutes. I use to belong to a gym, but they really raised
their rates and I was like forget it. At night, I do about 15 minutes of ab
exercises that I found on the computer. Let's see if we can do something together. (Like an exercise chart or something). And anyone else who would like to join in, maybe we could just write in what we do everyday.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I pray that it will turn out good. :crossed:
I feel like I have done pretty decent this week. No going out to eat or anything. I think I actually have it in my head this time.
I did read the Dr. Phil book and bought in on CD. I listen to it while I
am on my treadmill. I actually think it helped.
Wish me luck!!!
Amy

almostheaven
10-19-2004, 09:29 PM
LOL Believe it or not guys, it's not a "guy" thing. My dad's doctor told him if he didn't lose 25 pounds by their next visit, she would cease being his doctor, because, as she put it "You're wasting my time and yours". He didn't lose it, and she's still his doctor...still making threats too. Now instead of 250, he's up to 270. It's not so easy being a man losing weight. But then I'm stuck with a hubby with overactive thyroid and a female cousin with the same. She weighs 95 dripping wet, and he weighs 140...on a good day.

overweightlady
10-19-2004, 11:08 PM
:) That is great you have lost 95 lbs. How on earth did you do it?
I hope to be writing in here someday with the same results.

almostheaven
10-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Very slowly. I think that's the key to keeping it off. I didn't gain it overnight, not gonna lose it overnight. Been eating all the right stuff for over 2 years now and added daily exercise over a year ago. I didn't cut my food down, just replaced bad stuff for good stuff.

overweightlady
10-20-2004, 09:56 AM
:cheer: Ok, everyone I weighed in this morning and lost 3 lbs.
I am so excited I had to tell someone, my kids don't understand.
Did anyone watch the show last night "The Big Loser". I found it pretty
interesting. I can't believe some of them lost 20+ lbs. How
incredible to do in a week.
Amy

SW-213.00 8/03
CW-176.00 10/04
GW-130.00 someday soon

Athena0067
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Congrats Amy!!!! :goodscale :cheer: :cheers: :cp: You're doing great!!!

I did finally start exercising re. I go to Jazzercise :cb: twice a week. They hold a 3rd class on saturdays every other week so i go to that when i can. I usually walk for about 15-20 minutes on my lunch hour and aim for 10 minutes of weight training on the nights i don't have class. However, i just started doing this regularly (again) for about the last 2 weeks.
Last night was Jazzercise and i am sooooo sore today. :( I think i way over did it. I just came back from lunch and i did my 20 minutes of walking so today is on track so far! If i'm still aching by the time i get home, i think i'll go for another walk instead of weights.
A exercise chart or something sounds great. I need to be held accountable and i think that will work great! Should we start a new thread for it or just keep it in here? I'm game for either.
Talk to you soon!:wave:
Steph

overweightlady
10-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Hi! Steph,
Did you walk again later tonight? I pushed myself to walk on that darn treadmill. believe I did not want to. I walked for 48 minutes, then I even did
15 min. of ab and arm exercises. You don't know how much I did not
want to do it. My hubby, was there supporting me. It also helps seeing
a loss this past week. What day do you weigh in?
About, starting a new thread, I am so new at this I wouldn't know what to even do. If you do, write me something on this one and tell me where to go.
I love having people to talk to about this. This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy

Athena0067
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Morning Amy,
I did walk last night! I know exactly how much you didn't want to. I felt the same way! But, we did it. Yay!
I usually weight in on Mondays. Last Monday i was at 247 :( so hopefully my active week will show improvment. I have a goal to hit 235 by Thanksgiving and 220 by January 1st :dizzy: I think it's doable if i keep up what i'm doing. Yesterday i didn't eat any junk. And, I skipped my treat(fun size Kit kat :p ) and my afternoon snack. Woo hoo! I have a baby shower this afternoon at work and i had my boss order a veggie tray to go with the cakes, cookies and other sweets so i'll have something to munch on. :eating2: On another note, i'm trying to quit smoking as well as lose weight. Not the brightest thing to do at the same time, but i figure if i'm improving myself, may as well do it at once! I was a little less than a pack a day smoker, yesterday i only had 8. Today i'm shooting for 7. Baby steps. I've tried quitting smoking almost as much as i've tried losing my weight. So far i've cut my habit in half. :^:
:cheers: to one day at a time!!
Steph
:strong:

nona
10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined :flow2:
Hi there,
I'm coming back to 3fc after a 4 months hiatus :corn: ... I've been cutting down for a week or so now and increasing my walking and have come back to the chick's lair. I have about 85 or so lbs that I would love to lose....I am 5 ft 8 (or thereabouts lol) and weighed 239 last week. 150 would be awesome for me to attain. :dance: I have been back to chicks for a couple of days now basically just reading and getting inspired. This is such a great site.
Cheers to all in your quest :cb:
-nona

overweightlady
10-21-2004, 06:42 PM
:) Steph, That is too funny....I am a smoker too!! :smoking: :smoking:
I have quit everytime I got pregnant, and even after my last one I quit for about 16 mos. Then one day, I decided I wanted to smoke again, so here I am
I would love to quit again, but I sometimes feel like I need this weight off
first. I know that is just an excuse but.........
I want to cheat so bad today :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss:
I am going to try not to. Do you watch Survivor? My family is all into it, and
my cousin who is single, comes over here every Thursday night to watch it.
They have begged me to make some Apple Crisp, with Vanilla ice cream on the side. I am going to have a little of the crisp and some Lowfat Yogurt
Vanilla ice cream ( they will never know). I have not exercised as of yet.
We got done with Dinner and I am just about ready to do an exercise
tape. I went to the mall for about 2 hours. Doesn't that count as some
walking. (ya, right) Ok, we can do this together.
Here is something for everyone :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
We all can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy

Athena0067
10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
:)Thats too funny! Today yesterday wasn't a good day for smoking for me. :?: Your right, its hard to do both! I don't think its an excuse... i'm having a **** of a time!! 2 so far for the day.
Did you do your tape last night? I drug myseft to my class... hated every sweaty second of it.. but i feel better this morning :^: I slept good last night cause i wore myself out!!
On a good note, the mall does count as some exercise! as long as your walking and moving.. it works! I used to mall walk because our weather is horrible during the winter. Walk for a while, then check out a store, then walk... :dizzy:
APPLE CRISP SOUNDS SOOOOOO GOOD. I made some the other night... well a modified english version (Crumble) I need to get myself some FF frozen yogurt. I get the most horrible sweet cravings about an hour after dinnrer. lately i've been eating a apple or orange...but thats not going to satisfy for much longer!!
Well back to work for a while.. i'l check back in a few! & Yes we can do this!!! :coffee:
Steph ;)

overweightlady
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
:) Steph, I started out so good today. As soon, as I got my 2 bigger kids on the bus, I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. I really cleaned the house then before my little girl got up, I thought I was doing good until........ :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
My husband was going up north hunting for the weekend, so I thought I would
be a nice wife and make him some peanut butter cookies. I did good until I started putting them in a container. Then....................I just ate one after another. I ended up eating 7 cookies. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then my girls said, What is for supper? I said, How about McDonald's?
Well, I ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich and a diet coke but............
My middle daughter did not want her FF so guess what? Mom gobbled them up, plus some more from my oldest daughter. I could just scream!!!!!!!!
I think I will do my exercise tape again, (yes, I did it last night plus ab ex.)
WHY? WHY? WHY? Why, do I do this? In a month on this so called diet, there has only been one other time that I did this too.
When I cheat, I really cheat.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Wish me luck!!
Amy

Athena0067
10-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Good Morning!!!!:cp: Today is a great day already! :dancer: :cheer: :goodscale I'm down 3lbs from last week! 244 :) Yay! :lol: :strong:
I think friday wasn't a good day for anyone!! I had a tray of leftover cookies/brownies from a baby shower on thursday... and throughout the day, i had 4 cookies and a brownie!! and then, for dinner i made a cream sauce for pasta and didn't follow the rule of go back for more veggies instead of the fatty stuff!! i did go on a very cold walk that night which made me feel a little better. I had a pretty good diet weekend. Saturday i was on my feet the whole day. Shopping and walking. Sunday we had a lazy day. Was great to just relax. How was your weekend? Sorry i haven't posted sooner, i don't have the net at home :( By the way, if you ever want to email instead of post on here, my email is athena0067@hotmail.com
Hope your doing well!! Talk to ya soon! :cb:

NettieP
10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
After a three year hiatus, Im back! All of me, plus some. I have been reading over your thread and thought this looked like a good place to get motivated to kick start myself again. A little history: I came to 3FC three years ago when I weighed around 240 pounds. Through determination, the support of my husband, and the abundance of support I received here, I was able to get down to my lowest weight in years, 184 pounds. At 510, I was finally getting to a healthy weight. All of my progress stopped when my heart doctor told me I had to stop exercising because of the risk of sudden death. I was implanted with a pacemaker/defibrillator a month later. I probably could have still lost weight without exercising; but I chose to blame everything on the heart condition. So, I gained all of the weight back, plus 10 pounds. I am now facing another operation (open heart); but I could relieve a lot of my symptoms by losing weight. So that is my mission.

I plan to start a simple cardio program (tapes at this point) and build from there. I have two children (3 & 6) so a gym is out of the question at this time. I have done this before, and I know I can do it again. Hopefully, I learned what not to do also.

I notice a lot of people that join 3FC just want someone to be accountable to. I think that is very true for many of us. While my husband is supportive, he would look the other way and never say a word if he saw me eat a whole cake!

Annette

overweightlady
10-25-2004, 11:49 PM
:) Hello Steph and also to you Annette.
:cb: :cp: :cheers: :cheers:
I am so proud of you Steph, for the weight loss, I don't think I will have any
this week. I am sure it will be a gain. I did good on Sat. but Sunday and to day have been horrible. Tomorrow is another day. :)
My mom had a triple bypass 4 1/2 weeks ago , Annette, she is doing just wonderful now. 3 of her arteries were blocked 90% and she had a heart attack and did not even know it. Luckily, there was no damage to her heart.
When are you going to have your surgery? I wish you the best of luck!!
Steph, Thanks for the email address I will send you something tomorrow.
:cheer: I am so proud of you!! ( I will say it again, we can do this) :cheer:
Amy

Athena0067
10-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks Amy!! and welcome Annette! I love this site because its support outside of the peoplle i know. It's great having cheerleaders!! :cheer: Hopefully we can lend a hand :cp: :hat:
Yesterday was't a bad day... I stayed on plan, but i didn't do any exercise last night. I did about 15 minutes of walking on my lunch.. but thats it. But, tonight i have class and i'm going!
OOO I finally found something to satisfy my evening sweet cravings that isn't too bad for me! Dreyers makes awesome LF frozen Yogurt!! YAY!
No more going for the fatty stuff. :)
Hope you both are doing great!!
Steph :df:

NettieP
10-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Hello Amy and Steph, and thanks for the welcome. Amy-I have to save-up the copay before I have the surgery and I will have to take a lot of time off work, so right now we are managing it with medication and hopefully, by gradually going back to exercising and eating right.

I did all of 16 minutes of a Richard Simmons tape last night. No much, but it was 16 minutes that I was not sitting on my butt eating something. I also made a major accomplishment today. I didn't stop by Krystal's or McDonald's :o on the way to work. I also measured the sugar I put in my coffee. :coffee: I'm still not ready to give up the coffee, so I will at least monitor and account for it.

I'm off to spend another hot night with Richard S. He gets on my nerves; but his tapes are really good to get started with.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Annette

overweightlady
10-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone!! I am having a very good day!! I walked on my treadmill for 50 minutes today. Then my daughter decided she wanted to go for a bike ride, it was beautiful here today about 61 and sunny. So we went for a 30 minutes bike ride and I also did my ab exercises. I am very proud of my self (if I can gloat).
Annette, have you thought about using Splenda in your coffee?
I use that in my tea and I think it is great!!
Keep up the good work ladies!! Talk to you tomorrow.
Amy

overweightlady
10-27-2004, 11:34 AM
:( Well, I did decide to weigh in today, even though I did not want too!!
I did gain 1lb., but oh well, Today is a new day!!!!!
I am still going to do my exercises, that gain is not going to get me down.
It is going to pretty nice here again, so I might head out on the bike in a little bit. I have 4 weeks till my vacation, My goal is 6lbs. I can do it!!!!!
Amy

Athena0067
10-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Morning!
Great job on exercising Amy!! You should be proud! I love your attitude! :cp: Have you taken your measurments? i don't consistently lose weight when i diet, however i do still lose inches. Kinda make me feel like i'm not losing the battle. Muscle ways more than fat!
How was Richard Annette??? Hopefully you saw him!! :)
I went to my class yesterday... but then after we had to stop at mcdonalds to get dinner for my sisinlaws kids... and i didn't resist. So much for all the fat i burned!! :mad: I'm so irratated. I haven't had fast food in weeks and i go and ruin it.
Another new day thank goodness! Today is good so far, brought my lunch to avoid breaking the rules again. I left my sneakers at home so it'll be hard to walk for a while on my lunch.. heels are horrible!!! But i'm still going to try!! :^:
Hope you both have a great day!
Steph :balloons:

NettieP
10-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Amy, that pound will probably be gone by tomorrow. Great job on sticking to it. :cp: I tried Splenda once and did not care for it. I may try it again though. I did cut back to one jug (20 oz) of coffee today. :coffee2: I think I can eventually cut it out entirely, but I have to do it very slow. I quit having any caffeine one time and had a headache for three days. :headache:

Steph, what class are you taking? Don't beat yourself up about last night. If you are like me, there was a time when you would have eaten the McDonald's and not have done any exercise. :tread: How are you doing with cutting back on smoking? I hope it is working well for you. I know it must be very difficult to do both at the same time.

I was still only able to do about 16 minutes of the tape last night, but it was a little easier than the night before. I need to get some other tapes though, so that I can mix it up. I loaned two of my favorite tapes to a lady at work, but then I had to terminate her, so I guess I won't be getting those back anytime soon! :no:

On the diet side, I have done very well today, if I do say so myself. I started keeping a log on Fitday.com again. It helps me to SEE what I am eating and know how many calories I am burning. I know exactly how many calories, fat, carbs and protein are in everything I eat. I was going to eat an Italian Ice for a snack tonight, but after I entered it into the computer, I saw exactly how much it was going to "cost" me, so I deleted it.

I think I am finally back into the swing of things. I will be successful! We will be sucessful! :cheer:

I am off to dig in the closet to see if I can find another tape; otherwise, it's my ol' standby Richard.

Have a great day!

Annette

Athena0067
10-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Good morning!
Well, another day! I'm taking a Jazzercise class. Kinda a cross between areobics, jazz dance and kickboxing. I like it alot. I have another class tonight :)
I am like you! I used to live on fast food and never go out of my way to exercise. My smoking is still better than it was but hard to drop without picking up something to eat. I'm limmitting myself to 10 a day or less and and doing ok with that. In two weeks, i want to be at 7 or less. My bf is going to start cutting back too. That'll make it alot easier. I think i can finally do it in babysteps.
I love fitday! I use there calorie tools too. It makes me stop eating the little snaks that add up!! Great job on doing your tape! And thats too bad about your co-worker. If your looking for more tapes, Weight Watchers has a few good ones that are very easy to follow and full of options.
Well, back to work, have a great day Annette!!
Hope everything is going well Amy!!
Steph

NettieP
10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Step, that is great that you have cut back on smoking. I have heard about Jazzercise; but I have never taken a class. I took one Beginner Aerobics class one time and almost fell out in the floor. It was an hour long. I don't know how many beginners can go for an hour.

I found my Rebok Step Aerobic tape last night and did 20 minutes of it. It is more intense than the Richard S. video; but they seam to keep a more steady pace. That makes it easier than shooting my heart rate up and down. I sweet more and feel like I have had a better workout, too. I actually got my husband to do it with me tonight! I have never seen him exercise for the point of just exercising in the seven years we have been together. I was very appreciative of the support.

Amy, I hope all is going well. Talk to you both tomorrow.

Annette

overweightlady
10-28-2004, 11:51 PM
:) Hi ladies!!!! The exercise tape that I really like is Leslie Sansone, Walk away the pounds. She has a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile out, that I know of.
I also have the WW videos, I like them too.
Today I had a so so day. I did walk for 30 minutes and did my abs.
But, I snuck an ice cream cone in there. When we do fast food I make my family eat at Wendy's, they have no choice. I always get the grilled chicken sandwich and a small chili. I even order the sandwich plain, and ask for some honey mustard and dab a little on it. I try a stay away from Mcdonald's, I love their FF.
I know what you mean about the caffeine headaches, I use to be a
Pepsiholic. When I quit about 2 years ago, I think I had a headache for a week. :dizzy: Now, I only drink caffeine free- diet pepsi. But, most of the rest. only have caffeine diet, so then I just drink water. Which is great I guess. If I drink caffeine now, I get headaches. Sounds weird. :dizzy:
I am lucky to drink 2 pops a week now, I like water and crystal light.
But, my smoking is still there.
Yes, I have measured myself. I made my husband measure me back in March, when I was suppose to be starting a diet. Well, he did it again last week.
I was very shocked. I lost 5 inches in my hips, 1 off each arm and thighs,
2 off waist, and 4 around my chest. I started at a size 20 after my baby was born last year and now I am a size 16. I actually can fit into 1 pair of 14's but they must be made big. A size 14 is what I was wearing before my last baby.
But, I want to get even smaller, when I met my husband I was a 7/8.
Someday Soon right?
Well, ladies, now that I wrote you a book, I am signing off.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Amy

Athena0067
11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Morning Ladies!
Well, The candy holiday :o is over and i didn't have a single piece. I made myself a lowfat version of my favorite brownies in little muffin sizes so i can just have one and still be ok. And i only kept 5 at the house. The rest i gave away. YAY!
I was running so late this morning i forgot to weigh in so i'll be sure to do that tonight. I'm a little nervous, but hopefully things will be ok. I've done my exercising and ate pretty good. Saturday wan't a very good day. I had the munchies all day. I ate a burger from Jack in the box and finished off a small fries. My bf took me out to dinner that night and we had chinese. Not too bad but he ordered a few deep fried things for a treat and i just had to have some. I didn't go back for seconds, but still i ate too much!! We went for a walk that night which made me feel better. But sunday the only exercising i did was some shopping for an hour or so.
Congrats on your measurments Amy!! And also getting into a 14!! You're doing great!!
Sounds like you found a good tape Annette! Thats so neat that your hubby will do it with you! I wish my bf would!
Well , back to work i go.
Have a great day and we can do this!!

NettieP
11-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Whew, made it through last night! I think I ate pretty well this weekend. I ate very healthy all day Friday, but went out with my husband Friday night. I ate mostly broiled seafood; but did have 5 fried shrimp! Then we went to the beach and had dessert at a dinner. We don't get to get out often, so even though I watched my portions, I tried to just enjoy myself and not feel guilty. :cofdate:

Steph, Congratulations on not eating any candy! That is great. I had a couple of pieces while we were walking. I hope your resilience shows tonight on the scales. :goodscale

Amy, that is great about the inches you lost! I bet it feels really good to be back in those 14's.

Well my kids are hanging on my back and it is getting hard to type. It's time for homeschool and then working out. They usually like to work out with me. Hopefully I can tire them out.

Annette

overweightlady
11-01-2004, 08:30 PM
:) Hi ladies!!! I have not been very good
this last weekend. I have not even exercised since Friday.
I did not have any of my kids candy either :)
I feel like I have been so busy lately it's like I am just eating on the run.
I am getting ready to do some exercises now so.....we will see.
Steph, Good luck on your weigh in!!
Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Amy

Athena0067
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Morning Ladies! Well, i finally weighed in and i gained 2 pounds from last week. But i've been exercising for 3 weeks consistently so i'm not down in the dumps. I know i've been trying. A few eating set backs, but nothing too horrible. I've been doing really well on my portion control at meals, now i just need to monitor my snacking more closely.
How are you gals doing? Hopefully great! I'm ready for the weekend already and its only wednesday morning :dizzy:
Talk to you soon!

overweightlady
11-03-2004, 05:10 PM
:wave: Hello! I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 lbs. Better than last week and don't even know how I did it, but who cares right? :cb:
I have exercised the last two nights so maybe that helped from the weekend.
Steph, I am glad to see you have a good attitude. Keep up the good work.
3 weeks till my vacation, I want to lose 5 lbs. :crossed:
I can do it right? Tonight I am going to go and buy a couple of new
dresses for it, I can finally say my 18's are too big, but alot of my 14's are still
too small.
Good luck everyone.
Amy

SW 213.00
CW 175.5
GW 130.0

Athena0067
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Congrats Amy!! And of course you can lose 5 by your vacation!! Its always so much fun to go shopping when your clothes become too big!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I didn't get much exercise in, but i did do a little walking! Stayed on plan pretty good. had a bite of a brownie, but saved the other part for today. I always need my little bit of chocolate about 2 when i'm working. I've discovered the wonderful world of smoothies. Nice and fruity but packed with vitamins and about 3 servings of vegetables. :D I've bene having one for lunch and a half sandwhich and i haven't been wanting to snack in the afternoon. woo hoo!
i have 7 pounds to lose by Thanksgiving to reach my goal. I think it'll be close, but its doable!
Talk to you soon!

overweightlady
11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
:) Heck ya Steph, you can too list the 7 by Thanksgiving.
I did the treadmill for 45 minutes this morning and I actually had a
really good day. I am kind of proud of myself.
I have been slacking off on my ab exercises, but at least I am
doing something. Are you drinking all of your water?
I drink about 80-100 oz a day. I think I can say I don't even have
the taste for diet pepsi anymore. It seems like I get a can and then
only drink half. I like my water.
We can do this together!!!
Amy

Athena0067
11-05-2004, 01:06 PM
TGIF!!!! I am so excited to not work tomorrow! Sleep, oh how i've missed it! Anyways, you're doing great Amy! :cp: 45 minutes is a long time to walk!! :tread: I went to class last night and was finally able to keep up with the high impact side!!! :D I'm a little sore this morning from our abs exercises, but other than that, i feel great!
As far as the water goes, i drink like a fish. A few years ago, my bro came back from the dentist with 11 cavities :nono: from so much soda. Totally turned my off my 3-4 cans a day mountain dew habit. Ever since, i always have ice water with me. 80-100 is awesome!! i'm right around there too!
I hope you have a wonderful day & i'll talk to you soon!! :wave:
Keep it up!!! :cheer:

ChrisK
11-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi ladies, I hope you have room for one more! :)

A little info about myself. I just turned 37 in October. I was just married last January to a wonderful man that has tons of self-control and makes me crazy :P

I had posted on a different site that I belong to for support and had 3 people say they wanted to be my buddies but after one week of posting they seem to have either given up or are "too busy to take care of themselves" at the moment. So I just found this site and was reading your thread and was thinking how wonderful that you all take care of each other and that I'd love to join in if you didn't mind :^: They might have given up but I'm not! :halffull:

I currently weigh 243lbs as of this morning, I need to get down to 160 for a healthy weight for me. So I need to lose about 80lbs. I guess you could say I'm what they would call a "healthy fat person". When I go to the gym I will ride the elliptical for 1.5 hours before I hop over to the weights to finish my workout. My biggest problem has been getting my butt to the gym more than twice a week lately. For some reason I just can't seem to get myself over there.. I think I might be the Queen of Excuses, I always have an excuse for why I don't need to go. :s: :rolleyes:

Oh btw I started at 298lbs, I was down to 225 before I got married and then I gained 30 back making 255, now I've started to lose it again and am down to 243.

I'm hoping with some support I can change all that. :)

As for my eating.. well I cook healthy meals 90%. Sometimes I'll make something that I shouldn't have but that's maybe once a month, so it's not horrible and even still I'll make something like.. a lasagna with bechemel sauce and use skim(no fat) milk and ground turkey instead of beef, so it's nothing too horrible. I actually haven't had ground beef in almost 3 years I switched to ground turkey and haven't gone back, anything I used to make with ground beef I now make with ground turkey and I can't tell the difference because I can't remember what ground beef tasted like :lol: Seriously though no one either can tell it's not ground beef either so why tell them :P
Oh my how I do ramble... sorry!

Other than that.. my problem is snacking. Why I go to the trouble to cook something good and healthy and then snack the rest of the day/night is beyond me and if someone could give me the answer I'd appreciate it :lol:

I don't believe in starving myself, I tried that when I was younger and all it did was make me bigger, I think pretty much everyone that's here has discovered that and can agree. My route is cook healthy and exersize and it works... as long as I do it :lol:

Besides losing the weight just to be healthy, my husband and I plan on trying for a baby soon and I don't want to be huge when we do. I don't have any other medical problems internaly, like.. my sugar is perfect and my bp is perfect, but, my lower back is horribly weak and that just doesn't mix with having a baby. So I need to lose the weight and strengthen my core so I can support a belly and then carry a baby afterwards! :)

Well I think I'll shaddup now.. you're probably dizzy with me rambling on and I"m not even sure if I'm welcome yet! :lol:

Hope to talk with you soon,

Chris.

overweightlady
11-07-2004, 09:04 PM
:) Hi All!!! Yes, anyone is welcome the more the merrier. We can all help and support each other.
You sound like you are on the right track. I have not completely switched over to turkey yet, although I cook with it alot. I still like my ground beef.
I have had a pretty good weekend so far.
Ok, Steph, tomorrow is your weigh in day. Send it in.
Chris, What day is your weigh in day?
Wednesday's are mine.
OH, and Annette where are you?
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Amy

overweightlady
11-07-2004, 09:50 PM
How did you do that ticker thing, Chris?

Athena0067
11-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Well, today is a pretty good day. I'm down 2 pounds from last week. Woo hoo!! :lol: I had a pretty good weekend, stayed on plan for the most part. I did break down and have a eggnog latte YUM!! But i had the lady do half eggnog and half nf milk. still hit the spot! We worked in the yard all day yesterday ripping apart our deck and replacing rotten boards. Normally i would have made it for about an hour, but thanks to all the exercising i;'ve been doing, i made it all afternoon. :D After dinner we went on a walk, even went 3blocks further than usual. YAY!
Anyways, welcome Chris! Amy's right, the more the merrier! Soudns like your on the right track. I can totally relate to the snacking habbit. I'm in the same boat. I still snack, but i've gotten rid of all of the bad stuff in the house and i always have a veggies and lf dip and plenty of fruit oh hand! Makes it a little easier to pass up the unhealthy things when you have a to cook/make something or go to the store. :p
Hope you both have a great day!!!

bseck1
11-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi all! I hope you don't mind one more. You seem like a friendly crowd and very supportive, which is really what I need. I am not at my heaviest weight, but not far from it.

My name is Beth and I am 35 years old. I am around 5'2" and weigh about 250lbs. Very unhealthy, although all of my stats seem pretty good except for my weight. I am a teacher here in Central Florida. I have 4 children, 2 step and 2 biological, and their ages are 12,11,6, and 15 months ( on the 12th). All are boys except the last one. She is such a joy!!! (Ask me in 10 years and I may differ my opinion :angel: )

Anyway, I have tried several different things in my lifetime and have yo-yoed always. I even did Phen-Fen and lost 80 pounds, tried Redux....nothing but chest pains ...then became pregnant :bb: and gained lik 62 pounds, and only lost 30. I ballooned up and then went on Paxil and lost 20 pounds but then became pregnant :bb: with my Daughter....big Surprise :o ....but only gained like 22 pounds with her. :D Then I did South Beach and lost 22 pounds over the course of Feb '04 to May'04. Unfortunately I have gained about 10-12 pounds of that back :?: and haven't had the energy to lose it again. I thought about trying Cortislim or Cortidiet....as I am extremely stressed :rollpin: But I don't know that they would be worth the time and money.

So I guess what I am asking is if anyone has any suggestions on getting started and any encouraging words. As I said my life is really stressed, as I have the 4 kids, a husband :rolleyes: and I teach an Emotionally Handicapped/ Behavior problem class. So it seems to be non stop from the time I get up til the time I go to bed, between sports, scouts, youth group, work, etc...oh and I sell Mary Kay on top of it.....I guess I am just certifiably crazy!!! :dizzy:

Look forward to hearing from you :crossed:
Beth Ann

overweightlady
11-08-2004, 08:24 PM
:) :cheer: :cheer: Congrats, Steph, Good for you!! :cheer: :cheer:
See we can all do this together. :grouphug:
I have come down with a massive cold, so I am not going to exercise today, but I have stuck to eating good today. It probably helps because I am not feeling so well. :lol:
Beth Ann, Welcome, My suggestions are watch what you eat and try to get some type of exercise in, I know that is not always easy. Especially because you have 4 kids and work full time. I praise you for that. I don't think I could do it. I am blessed to be a housewife and have some time when the baby goes down for a nap, I exercise.
What about trying to get the family involved, like going for a walk at nights or something. Or going to the park and letting the kids play while you just walk around the playground for like a 1/2 hr. or something. I have always been told my my Dr. no pills, but everyone reacts to them different, they get my heart racing and I hate how I feel. My Dr. had suggested Weight Watchers.
But I am doing great at home just watching my intake and exercising.
Steph, you are about doing the same thing too, right?
We are here for you if you need anything.
Talk to you all later.
Amy

ChrisK
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi all and thank you for the kind welcome :)

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been so busy the past few days I haven't gotten much done!

Amy, my weigh in day is the day that I weigh lightest during the week.... :devil: :D LOL Ok, I've tried to make weigh in days but I am horrible at remembering so.. from now on, my weigh in days will be Friday! I posted it so now I gotta keep up with it :p :dizzy:

As for the tickers.. I saw them on so many people's posts on these forums I got jealous and went to get my own! LOL Here's the link :)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Sorry to hear you caught a bad cold :( They're the worst when you're trying to keep up with an exersize routine.. exersizing is the last thing we wanna do when we're sick.. heck when we're not sick too :lol:

Beth Ann hi there! Nice to see a fellow newbie :) I agree though, watching your portions, cooking healthier and exersizing is the way to go. If you rely on pills you'll probably have to rely on one form of pill or another forever. If you rely on yourself through cooking and exersize you'll save money and you wont be putting junk into your body. You'll also learn to eat properly and adjust your portions to what's right for you when you're exersizing etc. Unfortunately there's just no quick/easy fix.. it didn't come on quickly it's not gonna go away quickly.. at least, not if you do it the healthy way. If you lose it too quickly you'll probably just give up and go back to old bad habits because you've gone on a diet instead of a lifestyle change and you'll always be hungry, craving and miserable. okie.. like I said I babble too much, I'll shaddup

Steph grats on your 2lbs loss!! :bravo: :cheer:

stayingfitatanyage
11-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Congraulations to all of you who have lost weight. Pat yourselves on the backs ladies, you've definitely earned it. If its support, motivation, or just to talk, I'd strongly suggest anyone who needs that little extra "push," to give me a shoot.

PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE, AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

Ann
stayingfitatanyage@yahoo.com

Athena0067
11-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks Amy & Chris!!! I appreciate the cheering section!! :thanks: :goodscale
i like this ticker thing! Thanks for the link! Yay, we all have weigh in days! a day to dread :lol:

Hi Beth, glad your joining us! AND I THOUGHT I WAS BUSY!!! You take the crown! :encore: :queen: Do you ever get any sleep in? I've been told the same as Amy from my doc, BIG TIME NO to the pills. Apparently, you mainly lose water weight and muscle mass instead of actual fat with just pills alone. As hard as it is, diet and exercise are the failsafes... just take a lot longer than what we all would like!!
:goodvibes OOH!! i just remembered a abook i've been meaning to get. I've heard great things about it. 8 minutes in the morning. There's a version for <30 or >30 pounds to lose. It gives you simple exercises that you do as soon as you role out of bed for 8 minutes and it boosts your metabolism throughout the day. It also gives pointers on how to eat correctly and not give anything up. It would be a start on exercise to fit into your busy schedule! :dizzy:

Sorry your not feeling good Amy! Green tea always helps me get better faster, plus its yummy! Take it easy today and get extra water!! :grouphug:
Welcome Ann! Hopefully you'll stick with us too!!

Oh and by the way Chris i like reading your posts! You don't ramble at all!

Til Tomorrow :cheers:
Steph

[url]http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;53;102;0;1/c/243/t/185/s/271/k/9634/weight.png

kristaf
11-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone...think there is some more room for me too squeeze in? :)

I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs...currently 228. Need a support group to communicate with and hopefully be able to help others as well.

Krista

overweightlady
11-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Hello! How is everyone today? Well, today was my weigh in day and I am proud to say I lost 3lbs. :cb: :dancer:
I am so excited, if it was not for this sight, I don't know what I could have done. Thank you all so much. :grouphug:
It just helps talking to other people that can relate to me.
I love getting newbies on here. So everyone let's keep on supporting
each other.
I'll be back later today, everyone have a great day!!
Amy

Athena0067
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
:high: Congrats AMY!!!!! :strong: WA HOOOOO!! :bravo: :cp: :hat: I knew you could do it!! :cheer: :goodscale I'm proud of you!!! :grouphug: :cheers:
This week has been a pretty good week. I'm stayed on plan except for a few little bites here and there, but the were only bad bites instead of my usual bad serving!! My class is cancelled tonight so i need to find something else to do. I'm thinking a long walk and a pilates tape. I wish i could get excited about exerciseing instead of dreding it. :blah:
Welcome Krista!! :sunny: Glad you stopped in! This is a great support group as any of us can tell you. Do you have a diet in mind you are following? Most of us in here are just exercising and watching what we eat. I've tried too many fad diets, time for the good old fashioned diet and exercise!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! :wave:

ChrisK
11-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Welcome Krista and wooohoo AMY 3LBS!!! Way to go!! :cheer::dancer::hat:

Well I've been eating well, only a couple slip ups when I shared a chocolate bar with the husband a couple times :blush: but hey.. I've been eating really healthy and it's just not gonna ruin my life damnit :p But I have been slacking with the exersize soooo badly. I haven't gone this week at all. I'm sure my weigh in on Friday is gonna show it too. I've had to start going to physio/physical therapy (different names depending on where you live :p) for my lower back and iliac (sp?) joints so I've been doing special exersizes for that though, to strengthen my back and core which are so important. She told me I had to lay off the weights just until we found out what is aggrivating my back and what isn't and then as we figure it out we can add in the weight lifting that isn't adding to my problem... cause like it or not, weight lifting is just good for ya! LOL I feel like one of those "Eat right and exersize" guru's today.

Are any of you oatmeal eaters by the way? If you want to eat it and don't cause you don't like it... oatmeal is like pasta, you can do so many things with it, for example... I eat oatmeal every morning, it really does fill you up, you should just make sure you eat the old fashioned or rolled oats, not the instant that stuff is not that great for ya. I put my oatmeal into the bowl, I get have a mellonballer that I use for scooping out little chunks of an apple (I do this with the entire apple, just cut it in half like a melon and carve out little pieces, don't make an entire ball that's too big, but just little carvings.. and don't use the skin, carve just inside the skin.. you'll find that you can pretty much clean out the entire inside of the apple into your bowl) that I add into the oatmeal. Then add what you like, I have fresh whole nutmeg and a grater so I grate in fresh nutmeg and cinnamon, sometimes a touch of vanilla depending on if I'm wanting some at the time. Add my water a dash of salt and microwave for 4-5 minutes. 1/4 cup oats to 1/2 cup water is the right measure, so however much oats just double the water to cook. It's just like having APPLE PIE! I add Splenda for a sweetener. Trust me, it's absolutely yummy and you'll never wanna pass up your oatmeal again. It's fat free, it's so healthy for you.. no reason to not eat it! (sometimes I have it at night :D )

By the way, if you go to a healthfood store, like we have a nice one down the street that has all their oats, grains, beans etc, that they sell in bulk.. you can get really good oatmeal. (and yes there's a big difference between good oatmeal and the instant stuff) We buy the rolled oats, at 89c a pound they're -cheaper- than the grocery store. We buy about 10lbs everytime we go (every couple weeks) and it's about 9$. At the grocery store you're paying about 3-4 dollars on average for 2lbs for the old fashioned in the big round containers. If you do the math really pays to go to the healthfood store sometimes.

LOL I'm turning into a walking oatmeal add :p Ok.. I'm nuts I know it :dizzy:

I love cooking; so it's my thing and I've learned every trick I can for making dishes taste the same or better and they're very low fat (only olive oil ladies!) and no added saturated fats, much lower on the calories and just plain good for you. So I'll babble on about cooking alot unfortunately.. warning you now! :p

The one thing I do watch out for in cooking is very high processed foods, high carbs and all that. I eat TONS of carbs, but in the forms you should, fruits, vegetables and grains. All that processed stuff is nasty for us and you'll actually find that if you cut out the high processed carbs you'll be able to eat a lot more of the other food and feel much more satisfied and full!

K, time to shaddup :p

Hope you're all having a good day!

:grouphug:

overweightlady
11-11-2004, 10:50 PM
:devil: Ok, everyone the devil got in me today!!!!!! I have had alot of chocolate and even ate chinese for supper. What is wrong with me?
I lose 3 lbs. one day and then gain it back the next.
It seems like everytime my hubby goes out of time. I eat :rollpin:
He is gone for a whole week this time. I have got to do this...
2 weeks till vacation. I am so mad at myself. :mad: :mad:
Why? Do you all think I get bored or what?
You know what I need to do, just throw it all out right?
But, I know this is a excuse, What about my kids?
Ok, they don't need it either ( ya, right that's why they wear slims)
I need some help. :^: :^:
Chris, I do not like oatmeal, but it almost makes me want to try it.
Hey, I like your cooking talk, keep it up.
Steph, Keep up the good work, you go girl!!!!! :cb: :goodluck:
Hey Chris, I forgot to ask you, Are you a Packer fan?
My family is, we are big old cheeseheads!! :cheese: :cheese:
My girls absolutely love Favre they both have the Packer Football Uniforms and Cheerleader outfits. Here I am gabbing and your probably a Bears Fan or something.
I am ready for some support ladies.
Amy

ChrisK
11-12-2004, 02:16 AM
omg, I just typed out a big reply to you amy and it disappeared :cry:

I have to go to bed but I'll be checking on you in the morning, STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE! LOL just kidding.. give yourself a hug, get over it and do better tomorrow, that's all you can do. Feeling guilty doesn't help anyone.

Try the oatmeal for breakfast, you'll love it!

Chris :)

overweightlady
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
:) Ok, Ladies!! Where are all of you? I thought I would come back and have a whole lot to read, there is only 1 from Chris. I have been terrible all week, since I weighed in last week. Today I am back on.
I am not going to weigh in tomorrow, just because I do not want to see the damage, which I know there is some. I will weigh in next week, at my usual time.
I need someone to respond, I don't want this thing to filter out among us.
I will check back tonight.
Have a great Day!!
Amy

ChrisK
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Good for you Amy, just let the week go and get back on it! I did weigh in on Friday I just didn't get a chance to post. I'm still at the same weight exactly, 243, so no good no bad :) Well, I guess it's good that I didn't gain lol. I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks though now and that's why there's no loss :o

I have been extremely good with the meals I cook etc which is probably why I haven't gained any weight.

Tonight I'm going to be cooking linguini in a really light chunky tomato sauce with fresh spinach that I make from scratch, prawns (big shrimp for the people on the other coast) and some crumbled up feta cheese. It really is amazing and the only fat in the dish is 1tsp of olive oil which I sautee my garlic and onions with and the tiny bit of feta cheese that I add. By the way, feta cheese is among the healthiest cheeses for you it's among the lowest in calories and saturated fats.

k.. I'm done with the food lecture today :p

I had my visit with my physical therapist today I go every Tuesday and Thursday for my back. Which is another reason I really haven't gone to the gym she doesn't want me using a lot of the machines for weights until we've worked out what's not going to injure my back anymore and I'm using it as an excuse not to go use the elliptical too :D LOL I'm very bad but at least I've admitted it damnit.

One way I've found that REALLY helps me keep on track with cooking healthy through the week is my husband and I plan a menu every Sunday for what we want to eat during the week. That way I'll have pulled things out of the freezer and be prepared to cook. Otherwise I find we do a lot of "what do you want, I dunno what do you want..." and we get so hungry we end up ordering chinese or something horrible like a big old pizza. So now I keep on track with the healthy menu AND we save money on not ordering out.

Well that's it for my food tips today :p good grief I need help :roll:

So... where did the rest of you go!? I hope everyone's ok :) I hope this isn't gonna be what happened to me at the other site and I ended up talking to myself and found myself looking for somewhere new to go to get my support :?:

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Chris.

Athena0067
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
i'm here too. I'm ready for friday again!!! and its only tuesday! not a good sign. tried to post all day yesterday but work kept getting in the way! The nerve of some people! :)
Anywho, well.. i think Amy and i have the same schedule. I was horible last weekend. AND I MEAN HORIBLE!! I had junk to eat all weekend. fast food for lunch both days, and on top of that i had cheesesteaks on saturday with fries and crab full fat alfredo on sunday!!! And i didn't do any real exercise!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: And the worst part... it all tasted sooooo good. i've been good for so long and i go and ruin it. I'm afraid to get on the scale too. I'm going to weigh in next week too. Kinda like our get out of jail free pass. ;)
Well, i have to get back to work.. but i'll be back later..
Hope you all have a good day!
Steph

Kewwy
11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
I've been doing really well with my eating but over the past few days I haven't felt the best and I tend to turn to food as comfort...last night I had some chocolate and I had some fast food on the weekend (but it was like 10 grams of fat in the burger instead of what I normally get) so I didn't feel as bad. I'm finding it really hard to stay motivated to do exercise because the weathers been bad and I've been slack. What keeps everyone else motivated?

overweightlady
11-17-2004, 09:23 AM
:) Good Morning Ladies!!! I like your saying Steph, a get out of jail free card.
Everyone once in a while you have to use it.
I did really good yesterday, I even did an hour on the treadmill :tread:
That is a really good idea Chris, about planning the meals out. Every morning I stand in front of the freezer and say, Ok what are we going to have tonight.
It would save me some time and also money by doing it that way.
Ya know, I should do that and then go to the grocery store on Sundays and everything will be planned out. That's a plan for me.
I am such a picky eater though, there is alot I will not make. My hubby will eat anything, but not me. My kids are taking after me :dizzy:
8 more days till my vacation, I am so excited but also nervous. I am so afraid I will gain 10 lbs. We are going on a Disney Cruise. We will be leaving on
Thanksgiving Day and be gone for about 10 days. I expect to come back and read pages of letters. I plan on walking every day, but I am not going to deprive myself either.
I have a recipe to share: My family loves it, something very simple.
Take a cake mix (we use chocolate) and mix 1 can pumpkin with it and bake
like a regular cake. Or we also do cupcakes. Then we put a spoon of Fat Free
Cool Whip on top. It is very moist and delicious and also good for.
If I am really craving Choco. I mix this up and ta da.
Try it if you get a chance. I am always stocked up on pumpkin, especially now that it is always on sale for the holidays.
Ok, I blabbered enough. :blah: :blah:
Amy

Athena0067
11-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh its almost the end of the week! You're pumpkin recipie sounds like something my sisinlaw would love! She's a huge choclate and pumpkin fan! I'll just take the chocolate! :D
Good job on your treadmill amy! Sound like your doing well! I bet your excited for your cruise! perfect time of year to go! Little bit of good weather before it gets too cold!
I soooo agree with chris on planning meals. We do that too.. but normally at least once a week we substitute with a ovenable or box dinner because of time. But, its still better than doing that every night like we used to. We save a ton of money too. And i don't throw away food thats gone bad anymore!

Kewwy, first off, we all have bad days. As long as you keep[ trying is what matters. Motivation to exercise.... i try to do something i like... and with someone whenever possible. I'm getting worse and worse about motivation. I rely on the people here to hold me accountable as well as my bf. If i didn't have that, i probably would have given up (AGAIN) by now. Keep at it!!! It's the best thing to do for yourself!

Well ladies, i hope you all are doing well & i'll talk to you later!

ChrisK
11-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Amy!

You can go on your cruise and not suffer and eat all you want! Just eat TONS of seafood, hit the seafood buffets and have a ball! Just have the fresh steamed seafood.. like lobster, shrimp, scallops (not in a cream brandy sauce :P mmm lol! ). For breakfast have a nice big breakfast with lots of fruit.. you can have eggs and Canadian bacon, it's extremely lean and good for you! Just no eggs benny, that hollandaise sauce will kill you it is -all- butter and egg yolks. Lunch time you can have a huge chef salad with lots of lean meats etc. Just leave out the butter and cream sauces and you'll be laughing yourself home probably lighter than when you left cause you got dancing and swimming and so much to do on the ship! I sure wish I could go on a cruise... I've never been and my friend always goes and tells me how wonderful they are.

Anyway, I'm off to spend some time with the hubby!

overweightlady
11-19-2004, 10:01 AM
:) It's Friday, :cb: :cp: :dance: I did that for you Steph. I know how you were looking for this day.
Yesterday, was another horrible day, so here I go again.
What is my problem?
But, this weekend is my daughter's 5th B-day, so here we go with the cake and ice cream. Yippee!!! :hb:
I will have a little cake and icream, but not go overboard.
Tonight my hubby and I are going to have a date night, I am so excited.
It has been so long, I really deserve it. I am so looking forward to it.
It does not happen very much with 3 kids running around.
I am going to exercise as soon as I finish this, it is a priority for me.
Think Thin,
Amy

Athena0067
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks Amy, i needed that. And now the weekend has come and gone and another week begins. I weighed in a pound under my weight 2 weeks ago. Better than i thought i would be. i was expecting a gain so the -1 is great! :D
I'm so excited for thanksgiving. We only have one dinner to attend this year so i won't be over eating in 3 locations like every other year!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: My class is canceled the whole week, so i'm going to have to be on my toes and make sure i get my exercise in. I dug out my pilates tape and mat last night and put them on the coffee table in front of the tv. i'm aiming for doing a 20 minute session at least 3 times by friday. And 3 half hour walks on my gazelle. It should be doable. I'm so lazy when it comes to exercising at home.. i'd rather be scrubbing floors!
Anyways, are you ready for your trip??? I'm sooooo excited for you!! The saying of you'll gain ten pounds on a cruise is just because there's food everywhere and no self control. Just make sure you sample everything since your going on vacation.. just don't go for the full serving :)
Well.. about an hour til i get to go home.. must force myself to do more work.
Take care!!
Steph :coffee: :dizzy:

Athena0067
11-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Anyone still out there???? Helloooooo!!!

overweightlady
11-24-2004, 09:01 PM
:dizzy: :dizzy: Ok, everyone I am sorry I have been gone for awhile.
Getting ready for this trip is driving me nuts. I have not dieted at all. :mad: :mad: :devil: :devil:
My mind is actually gone as I am writing this.
I would love to write longer, but I honestly do not have time.
I will miss all of you
Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!
I get back on Decmber 5.
I expect to read alot!!!!!!
Amy

ChrisK
11-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Ok, the holiday is over and I'm back! Sorry I haven't been around I've been very busy.. My husband had holidays and the two of us are more tired now than we were to begin with! LOL isn't that always the way.

I'm happy to report that I lost -2- lbs over the past couple weeks. Amazingly considering that since my husband had 2 weeks off I definately wasn't doing any exersize except for a few walks here and there and I definately wasn't eating as well as I should have been. :blush:

Anyway, holidays are over and it's time to get back on it!

I'm seeing that the messages on this board are slowly dying away. I truely hope that you all just were busy over the holidays and will be back. From personal experience I find that if I let certain things like this slide I tend to do the same with my eating and exersizing. It's really important to make sure we keep supporting each other and keep posting to make sure we hold ourselves accountable.

I definately know it's much easier to not post and keep any slip ups to yourself but we all joined this board because we NEED support so we should try to keep any promises we've made to each other.

I'll be doing another weigh in on Friday as that is my weigh in day. Hopefully by then I'll still be down those 2 lbs. :)

How was the cruise btw?! I hope you took my advice and pigged out on the seafood buffets!

Ok, I hope to see emails saying that you ladies have come back and posted!! Waiting to hear from you soon!

Athena0067
11-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Wow.. what a weekend!! Long but not long enough.. i took a break for the holidays. I haven't exercised since last tuesday :S :O BAD!!!! But i'm starting back up tonight. Thanksgiving wasn't too bad. I had my one plateful and small slice of cake for desert. YAY! The rest of the weekend i didn't do too bad either. I'm so ready for the season to be over. I like xmas and all.. but people have there houses decorated and its not even decemeber yet!! :P It makes me nervous that i'm running out of shopping time!
Anyways, amy's on her cruise now.. i'm very jelous since i'm sitting at my desk waiting for 15 more minutes before i leave!! Well i hope you'll be able to get some rest and i'll talk to you tomorrow!! :D
Steph

Athena0067
12-01-2004, 03:19 PM
OK, Where is everyone! I'll just talk to myself til someone else jumps in.
I've decided i am the biggest lazy bum around. i have wonderful ideas and plans but i've been so horrible about following through. I know i need to do this.. but anything else seems more appealing than exercising. And to make it worse, my sis in law that was going to class with me decided she doesn't want to go anymore so now i'm on my own. I skipped last night because running errands sounded better. Pathetic. Just pathetic. I was really good about going up until Thanksgiving and i even lost another 2 pounds when i weighed in monday AM. I need one of those mean trainers that don't let you give up. lol Someday my priorities will be right.. just not today.

overweightlady
12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
:) Ok, I am back!!!! Where is everyone, I only got to read two messages.
I almost couldn't find you all. I had to dig and dig far back.
Maybe we should start a new thread.
Well, Steph is it just you and I or what?
I ate and ate on that darn cruise, but I only gained 2.5 not bad.
The food was excellent, I had big old desserts every night!!!!
What happened to everyone else?
Do you know how to do a new thread?
Send me a PM!!!
I can't wait to talk to someone!!!!
Amy

ChrisK
12-06-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm still here :)

I weighed in on Friday and was the exact same weight so nothing exciting there. I hope you had a great time on your cruise! 2.5lbs is nothing you'll lose that in no time.

I haven't been going to the gym, I'm horrible. It's so easy for me to find excuses not to go and then feel guilty about it all day... No idea why I do it to myself.

Hopefully everyone will come back, it's been so quiet there's been no one to talk to! :(

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Athena0067
12-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Morning Ladies! :wave: Welcome Back Amy!! :grouphug: :cheers: I missed ya! Hope you enjoyed your cruise and i bet those 2.5 pounds were well worth it!! i love cruise food!! So yummy and all included!! Anyways, back to reallife. I've been such a lazy bum. I skipped my tues class last week and then tried to go on Thurs, but it was canceled. I went all the way down there, dreading every minute and then had to go home. Grr :mad: At least i tried. And we went on a walk that night. I finished my xmas shopping!! YAY!!!!!! :D :p :dizzy: :lol: :smug: I had a few looooooooooong mall walks this weekend too. and i passed up all the holiday goodies except for a tiny brownie bite. YAY again. I kept on diet pretty well this weekend. Ate alot of stirfryed veggies. Yum. Last night wasnt' good, we went out for my bro's bday and had prime rib. But i had the small cut and a pretty dry potatoe. Not too horrible.. but you have to splurge sometimes.
As usual, i forgot to weigh in this morning. I think Tuesdays should be my regular weigh in days since mondays never happen :lol:
Anyways, i should probably get back to work. I'll check in later today.. Hope you have a good day!
Take care!
Steph :df: :comp: :sunny:

overweightlady
12-07-2004, 11:13 PM
:) Hi!!! Well, maybe it will be just the three of us!! I can not seem to get back in the groove of things. I seem to be so busy, and not time to concentrate on this weight loss thing!! :dizzy:
I am determined to get back on the wagon tomorrow.
I have so much to do, it is unbelievable!! I still have not decorated my house
yet and am not even done shopping yet. Usually, I am done by Thanksgiving and my house is decorated the day after.
I am going to set my alarm early and do my treadmill first thing in the morning
and then get busy!! :tread:
We have all got to get serious and lose some!!
Let's just keep on supporting each other and it will come off eventually!!
Amy :grouphug:

ChrisK
12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Welp, I think I might have gained a pound over the weekend. If I didn't it will be a pure miracle, I don't know what junk I DIDN'T eat :o :(

Today I have to go get my hair done and buy an outfit for my husbands company xmas party. Last thing I want to do is buy an outfit! I'm always in the frame of mind of.. "I refuse to buy ANY clothes till I can buy smaller ones" But then I run out of things to wear cause I haven't bought any clothes or lost the weight yet. :p

Anyway, I"m off to the hair salon and then shopping for an outfit bleh.

I'll talk to you ladies later. Oh ya, I still haven't gone to the gym, oh my god I'm horrible!

overweightlady
12-08-2004, 11:09 PM
:) Ok, I had all intentions of trying today and whammo, I ate everything again :rollpin: :rollpin: What is my problem? I did so good for awhile, up until that darn vacation. Maybe I had it in my head that I needed to lose for that, and now losing weight is out of my head. That is wrong!!!!
I can say I got all my decorations up , Yippee!!!
Let's try again tomorrow.
Amy

ChrisK
12-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Can I get one of those rolling pins to beat myself with too please? :dizzy:

Athena0067
12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I think it must be something in the air.. :yikes: :dunno: i've had one of those days too. :stars: Yesterday, ate when i wasn't hungry, didn't do anything for exercise. GRRRRRR :bomb: :mad: :mad: Today has been a little better. we had a breakfast at work and i only had a slice of banana bread and fruit. But then i had two cookies after on the way back to my desk. And for lunch.. really creamy fatty but oh so good tomato soup and a grilled cheese sammich. However, i am going to my class tonight if it kills me!!! I got on the scale and no loss and no gain.. so thats better than a gain i guess. at 243 i really really really want to get into the 230's by the end of the year... my other goals aren't gonna happen so i guess i'll go back to the babystep idea... :goodscale :?: oh well.
I love xmas time.. but there's WAY too many sweets and goodies to munch on. 16 more days. Then its over. YAY! Well, back to work i suppose.. talk to you gals later and i hope you have/had a good evening!!!
Tomorrows Friday!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! :cloud9: :flow2: :twirly: :goodvibes
Steph :df:

overweightlady
12-12-2004, 09:00 PM
:) Hello ladies!!! How was your weekend? Mine was very busy and not so good eating wise!! My sz 16 pants are feeling a little snug again, even though I have only added about 4 lbs. I do feel like I am bloated though.
I have a couple of weeks to pull this off before the new year. My goal is 5 lbs.
Anybody with me?
Amy

Athena0067
12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm with you! :) I think its a very do-able goal too! My Weekend was ok. We did alot of work around the house so i;m not very rested. But it was productive and we've been putting it off for a looooooong time. I even exercised last night! Not much.. but about 20 minutes of floor stuff. Eating.. well.. not so good, but not horrible. My office is full of sweets and cakes and chocolates today.. its every where you turn. So far i've been good :D but its only 10!!!! Time to go and buy fruit on my lunch so i can have some healthy sweets!! Take care!!
Steph

overweightlady
12-14-2004, 04:15 PM
:) Good afternoon everyone!! Still not eating right, I try every morning and by lunch time I have blown it!!! :devil: I still want to try for my goal, will keep trying every day!! I can not seem to exercise either!!
There is also so many treats everywhere I go. I love them all!!! :dizzy:
Ok, I am going to try again!!
Amy

ChrisK
12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Wait for me I'm coming too!!! 5lbs by xmas! I'm in :) I still haven't gained or lost anything since my last weigh in.. amazingly. I didn't weigh myself last week well cause I just don't weigh myself during our "special" time :p Not much point in it it's just frustrating to see water gain.

I wont be going to the gym today or tomorrow though. But I'll be going for physical therapy tomorrow for my back. My eating is ok.. not great not horrible. I still -always- cook very healthy... I just uh, still have snacks :rolleyes:

Anyway, busy day today I gotta go clean up and have a shower and stuff so I can leave to go xmas shopping. I hope you ladies are doing well!

Athena0067
12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Well.. another week almost over. I've been good about exercising but my eating hasn't been the best. I'm eating healthy stuff for the most part, but after i finish my plate, i pick at the leftovers while cleaning up the kitchen. I should have just had seconds by the time i'm done. GRRR!!! Other than that, things are going ok. My clothes are looser so thats good.. don't really want to weigh in next week... Chris is right.. its always dissappointing during our "special time". :lol: :d Well, i hope you gals are during good. Talk to you later!
~Steph

overweightlady
12-17-2004, 10:27 AM
:devil: :devil: Ok, ladies I am going backwards, since I have been back from vacation I have gained 2 lbs. That's not including what I gained while on vacation. I just can't seem to keep my mind off of food.
I have been eating and eating. I think about watching what I eat, an hour later I'm eating everything in sight. I just don't know what to do!!
I have to go now, I have 2 X-mas party's at the school to go to.
I have one at 10-11 AM then one from 1-3PM. Kind of ruins your whole day.
I have so much wrapping to do this weekend, besides everything else.
I am going loony. Have a great weekend everyone!! :)
Amy

Athena0067
12-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey there, :)
I know the feeling.. I think its all the holiday stress. I skipped my class last night and ate horribly. I have xmas parties all weekend and sooooo much stuff left to do! i need time off!! :o oh well, who needs sleep right? I'm so happy its friday, but i have so much to do, it'll be like work!! Oh well... at least i can sleep in a little bit :D
Have a a wonderful weekend!!
Steph

Athena0067
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Anyone out there?????

overweightlady
01-03-2005, 09:38 AM
:) Well, I guess everyone was just as busy the last 2 weeks as I was!!!
I hope you all had a good New Year. Ok, it is the new year let's get busy.
I am going to look at some of the new threads and see was everyone has to say. Maybe we could join another, this one seems to be just the 2 of us.
I will email and let you know if I find a decent one. Or else, we can just gab back and forth.
Today is the day.....
My hubby got me a Dr. Phil calender for X-mas and there is a quote for every day.
"You must be willing to reach for what you want and to reach right now"
This is from his Ultimate Weight Solution Calender.
I love Dr. Phil. You probably don't get the chance to watch him do you?
This week he has another weight loss challenge scheduled, if you can see if you can tape it?
I will check back later today!!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey Amy :)

Athena0067
01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Oops, somehow i hit the post button! Anyways, hope you has a wonderful xmas and new years! My xmas was wonderful, my boyfriend proposed! :D :lol: :dizzy: :smug: YAY!! All of our families and friends are as excited as we are. It was great, Still is! :D My new year wasn't so good. He got sick thursday, i got sick on friday so we spent the new years coughing and drinking thera flu and green tea! So i haven't done anything in the past week. Oh well! Today i woke up feeling quite a bit better so hopefully i'll be back to normal by the end of the week.
I've never watched or listened to Dr Phil. I'll try to find out when he's on and tape a few episodes. Let me know what the challenge is! Sounds interesting!
Let me know what you find in the threads! I don't mind here or somewhere else. :)
Talk to you soon!
Steph

overweightlady
01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
:) Steph, You have heard of Dr. Phil though, right?
Ok, this will be a book. :dizzy:
He has a book out called The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution.
It gives you The 7 keys to Permanent Weight Loss
I personally bought the book, read it and also bought his book on CD.
I listen to it when I walk on the treadmill (which I have not done in about a month) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last year on his show he introduced this book and had a weight loss challenge , I think for about maybe 16 people, that number might be wrong.
Everyone got this book and followed his keys and loss weight. It is all about eating right and exercising. He would have these people on his show every couple of weeks and see their progress. It was awesome.
This one guy lost something like 120 lbs. There was men and women.
He also has a cookbook and some other type of book to go with them
Can you not tell I love Dr. Phil.
My girlfriend got me his Ultimate Weight Loss T-shirt and coffee mug.
Go on to his web site Dr.phil.com
the guy makes alot of sense in his book, my husband even enjoys watching his show.
Here are his 7 keys: Key 1:Right Thinking (Unlock the Door to self-control)
Key 2: Healing Feelings ( Unlock the Door to Emotional Control)
Key 3: A No-Fail Environment (Unlock the door to external control)
Key 4: Mastery over food and Impulse eating (unlcok the door to habit control)
Key 5: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition (Unlock the Door to Food Control)
Key 6: Intentional Exercise (Unlock the Door to body control)
Key 7: Your Circle of Support (Unlock the door to social control)
I tell ya Steph, that book is what helped me in the fall when I was losing, then I lost control after my cruise.
I have now gained about 8 lbs. back in just 5 weeks.
I am back to doing the treadmill and listening to his CD's this week.
Just give it a try. I think tomorrow is his new challenge on TV, then you will understand what the heck I am talking about.
Go and buy the book or Cd and try it.
I sound like a walking saleswoman for Dr. Phil.
Talk to you later,
Amy

Athena0067
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
wow... i feel informed! I have heard of him and my coworkers swear by him. i'll have to check out his site today! Sounds like a good plan! It's time to get back into the swing of things now that the holidays are over. i did some floor exercises last night and i'm tight today! not a good sign!
I just signed up for the 8 week body challenge from the discovery channel/dicovery.com. Its pretty neat.
Well i'm sorry this is so short but i have a million things to get done this morning. I'll try to jump back on later & i'll check out Dr Phil's site. Thanks for all the info!!!
Steph

overweightlady
01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
:devil: Oh, Steph!!! I was doing so good up until Supper, I over ate and then had to have some chocolate!!!
I weighed in yesterday at 185.00 :moo: :moo:
Do you realize I have gained about 12 lbs since before my vacation!!!!
I am so mad at myself!! :mad: :mad:
I will check back at you tomorrow!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-06-2005, 01:05 PM
oh good lord i know how you feel. The five pounds i lost are right back on plus some. :stress: I need to realize that lunch the next day is better than going back for seconds that night. :ink: I did it again last night. I don't feel full so i don't stop. I'm driving myself crazy! I've tried eating slow, fast, courses, you name it. Doesn't help. Grrr.. I have a goal of 5-10 pounds off my weight now by Valentines. That should be plenty of time. My fiance and i had a looong talk last night about diet and exercise and he's agreed to the tough love bit of helping me not eat and reminding me to exercise. Hopefully that will get my butt in gear again. We were doing so good for a while. Tonight i'm going to buy my wedding dress. I tried it on last summer when my girlfriend was shoppingand i really hope it still fits... they don't make it in a bigger size!! and its being discontinued so hopefully :^: i'll have to have it taken in by the time we get marrried. ****, right now i just want to be able to zip it up.
:moo:
I had a new idea for myself on exercising. :cb: I think i need to make a plan of what i'm going to do that evening so i can get ready for it. Maybe that way i'll actually do it consistently. Tonight i'm doing 30 crunches, 30 squats/lunges, and 30 puch ups. Then at least 20 minutes on my walker.

Well, now that i've rambled. Hope you have a better day and remember, WE CAN DO THIS!!!! The battle of the bulge will not win!!! :high:
Steph
:wave:

overweightlady
01-06-2005, 05:08 PM
:) I keep forgetting to tell you
:cheer: :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS :balloons:
I have been to caught up in my weight gain I forgot!!
So when is the date? How did he proprose?
You can get that dress, I have confidence!!

Ok, so far so good today!! I am even feeling good about this.
I think I might even do that treadmill thing later!!I told my hubby the same thing last night, (just be tough and mean with me).
It seems like the only thing can help.
Dr. Phil's quote of the day
"In order for you to overcome your weight challenges, you have to first know exactly where you are starting"
Boy, is that not true!!!
Oh, and YES WE CAN!!!!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-07-2005, 12:46 PM
WAA HOOO!!! The dress still fits!!! :cp: I still have to special order it because i'm so tall i need the extra long version.. but it fits!! I think if i lose about 10 pounds or more it'll be too big. I don't care.. hopefully i'll have to take it in a lot! :lol: :D
Thanks for the congrats!! We're looking at this fall, either October 8th or November 12th (Depends on which recpetion place we like:) ) He proposed xmas eve after we exchange gifts alone. He gave me a last gift when we were done in a hugge box and about 6 layers later i found a ring box :) :^:

i didn't do my exercises last night because my mom and i spent way too long at the bridal store. I didn't get home til 1030 and i just went to bed. But i'm doing them tonight and Satuday!!! Sunday i'll rest.
I'm picking up Dr Phils book today! Next week i'm starting fresh. (Again)
No more fast food unless its the healthy section, Back to my tues and thurs class, exercise at home on my off days. I need to get back into the whole weightloss attitude. '
Have a wonderful day!!
Steph

overweightlady
01-09-2005, 05:07 PM
:) That is excellent!! I am so excited for you!!
Ok, exactly how tall are you? I am only 5'1". Quite short, my hubby is 1 ft taller. My 6 yr old is also catching up to me.
Now you have something to look forward to and maybe we can do this together!! :grouphug:
I swear that when I knew I was going to be in a bathing suit for our vacation, that is what gave me the motivation.
Where are you going for your honeymoon? I was a travel agent for 8 years before I had my kids. I use to travel quite a bit.
I also have been meaning to ask you, What do you do for a living?
We have talked and I am been curious for awhile. You know me, I sit and home and take car of kids!! :lol:
Mu hubby and I are celebrating our 10 yr anniv. this June 3.
I want to go someplace but am not sure where. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, ever since 911 he will not fly (I think he is nuts but.....)
So we will probably drive to Chicago. I want to go to Vegas.
I have had an ok weekend, I guess I will find out Tues. morning!!
Have not exercised though!!
Dr. Phil's Quote
Weight loss doesn't happen; it happens one step at a time
Did you go and get his book, I think I told you I have it on Cd.
I absolutely love it!!
Everything he talks about is just common sense.
Chat with you tomorrow!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Happy Monday! I am so ready to go back to bed its not even funny!!! :coffee: :tired: Anyways, here we go. :stars:
I'm 6'1. Really really tall :dizzy: ... Looks like your hubby and i are the same height :) I know we can do this together. Summers vcoming up soon and the bathing suit needs to be ready to be worn!
I have no idea what we're going to do for our honeymoon. Luke (fiance) doesn't like to fly but he will. Probably about a 5-6 max...and that would be pushing it. I want to do a carribean cruise or something warm. We'll see. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Work... yippee. I work for Oh Boy Oberto Jerky/sausage. I handle one of three sales divisions. In few words, I'm the one making all the outside sales reps of my division keep there behinds in line :smug: Do you have Oberto out there? Better question, Where is "out there"?? :lol: :dunno:
By the way, Congrats on the almost 10 years!!! Thats awesome! :cheers:

Ok, now that i've gabbed and gabbed... :blah: back to that whole weightloss :tread: :goodscale thing for a minute! I wasn't too bad this weekend, but i wasn't too good either. I ate pretty good, but i didn't exerciase much. I did do my floor stuff on Saturday and went walking on Sunday...so not too horrible. Today will be better. I'm so mad, i made myself and lunch from yesterdays dinner and i left it at home :?: Now the struggle to find healthy food without breaking the bank. have you noticed that? :soap: :censored: you can eat like crap for a buck but if you want something good for you, it'll cost you!! Its not fair!! Oh well.
Well, i suppose i should get back to work. you have a wonderful day!! Chat soon!!
Steph :comp:

overweightlady
01-10-2005, 03:08 PM
:) I live in a very small town called Petersburg. I am about 10 miles in Michigan from Toledo, Oh. No, we do not have any Oberto, I have never even heard of it. Basically we live in the sticks. My closest grocery store is about 8 miles away. In fact the closest party store is about 5 miles. I grew up about 1 mile from where we live now.
Hicksville!!!!!
Man you are tall!! How tall is Luke? I wish I had some more height!! :dizzy:
My favorite place I have ever been to is Aruba!! If you get married in October I would stay away from the Caribbean, as it is Hurricane season. That usually runs from end of August till November. What about Mexico? Something like Puerto Vallarta or Acapulco!! I have been to Puerto but not Acapulco.
Or isn't there some ships that go out of California for 4-5 days.
At least there use to be!!
I think a cruise is a great thing!! I love them!!
If you did November, I suggest the cruise, you will love it!! :love: :love:
Ok, the weight loss thing. I have done pretty good today. I even went on the treadmill last night!!
Tomorrow is my weigh in day :crossed: I am not sure how I will do!!
It has only been a so-so week.
I am going to scan a pictue of me and send it to your email!!!
Actually it will be one of my family (minus the baby) onboard our cruise!!
Chat Later!!
Amy

overweightlady
01-11-2005, 02:49 PM
:) Good Afternoon, Steph!!!
I weighed in and lost 4 lbs. :dancer:
I am so excited, I think I can do this again, I finally have it in head!! :rollpin:
It took awhile but it is in.
How have you been doing?
My kids are home on a snow day AGAIN, THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!
I did my treadmill last night and plan on doing it soon again!!
Alot of my friends joined Curves, but I do not always have a sitter, so that is out of the question.
Oh well, I will see what I can do at home!!
Chat with ya later, Did you get my email?
Amy

Athena0067
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
YAY AMY!!!! WOO HOO!!! Congrats!!! I'm proud of you!!! :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :cheer:
I'm jelous!! We have been hoping for a snow day for the past 3 weeks and no such luck. It's supposed to snow tonight, but i'll be lieve it when i see it!
I just remembered i forgot to weigh in this week! I think i'll do that tonight! I know what you mean about getting it back into it. I think the whole holiday time made me step WAY back! But, we're back on the wagon again!

Thanks for all of the honeymoon suggestions! That helps alot! now we just have to decide when we go!
Hope your kids aren't driving you too crazy!

overweightlady
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
:) Hello!! Our weather is absolutely crazy!! Yesterday is was about 30 and 5 inches of snow. Today is 60 and raining..How nuts!!
We have about a foot of snow on the ground, that is alot for us now.
But of course it is all melting away today!!
I remembered another place what about Las Vegas?
I love it there, or do you not gamble?
I am doing pretty good today so far...
I really want to eat so I decided to get on here and write you.
That helps me alot, I might have to do it more often.
Good luck on your weigh in tonight!! :)
Amy

katieslovingmom
01-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey you all, can I join too? I thought I was the only one frustrated with trying to get this weight off. I achieved my highest weight, non pregnant of 225 after the holidays. I got so upset because I can't wear any of my clothes. I am 47 so harder to lose, easier to gain. Moved in with boyfriend a year and half ago and weighed 170 then. I hide it well at 5'6" and was a size 12. I am so much in need of support group. Can I play too?

Jody

katieslovingmom
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
also, any help on getting my font info off of showing I would appreciate it. I am a little anal at this thread stuff

Athena0067
01-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi amy and welcome Jody! :coffee:
The more the merrier! :wave:
Well my weigh in wasn't good or bad. It was the same. I guess thats better than a gain right? I finally drug myself back to my class after an extended break for the holidays and colds. Oh my how i hurt yesterday! Today i'm ok and rteady for more! yippee! I was pretty good yesterday, only splurged once and split a small sundae with Luke. But at least it was frozen yogurt not ice cream!
Today is good so far. I brought a salad for lunch again. Yay for me!
Your weather does sound crazy!! its just cold here. the suns out but its still freezing! I like vegas but i'm not much of a gambler (to cheap!!). I have more fun looking at all of the sites and doing the thrill rides!
Oh i got the dr phil book! i was going to start it on my lunch today! i'll let you know how i like it!

Jody, are you on a specific diet or plan? What exercising are you doing? You've come to the right place for support :) This site has been sooooo helpful!! hope to here from you soon!

Well ladies, Back to work i go... :dizzy:
Take care and we can do this!!!

overweightlady
01-13-2005, 03:57 PM
:) Hello Ladies!! Jody, Welcome, we love to talk to other people also!!!
This thread help me alot, especially when I am having that moment!! :stress: :stress:
Steph, I pictured you so different. I pictured long black hair!!!!
It is so nice now to have a face in my head now!!! Thanks!!!!
I am getting ready to get on the treadmill :tread: after this, I am going to try for 40 minutes,while listening to Dr. Phil.
I picked my middle daughter up from school today, she wanted to go to our little snac shop in town to grab a bite to eat. I had a grilled chicken sandwich
and a handful of fries. Not too bad, I should have not had the fries, but they tasted so good. I am not going to beat myself up over it but.....
Jody, I can see that you got comfortable with your boyfriend. I gained weight after I moved in with Jon too. You relaxed and put on the lbs.
We all do!! Now we are here to help each other get them off!! :wave:
I will talk to you all later!!
Amy

ChrisK
01-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi ladies..

OMG I'm very very bad. The holidays are over though.. um, for a couple weeks now and life just has to get back on track!

I'll be visiting the gym tomorrow even if I have to make my husband carry me into the car :p LOL

Know what's worse than children addicted to candy.... adults, because we can afford it. omg .. we need to stop buying candy. It's rediculous I cook healthy all the time we watch what we eat etc, and then we eat bags of candy!

Anyway, I'm going to get back to cleaning up and getting ready to start going back to the gym tomorrow, have to get my life back in order. My hips have been hurting so much lately from the arthritis(and I'm only 37!) that yesterday I could barely walk. It's from not moving enough and not going to the gym :( I'm making myself suffer cause I"m an idiot.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

:group hug:

Chris!

overweightlady
01-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Jody, I am going to try and do the weight track er thing also...
I am not very good at it either!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar04/slider-scale/lb/213.00/130.00/181.00/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

I got it!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, all I had to do was highlight what I wanted to copy and then rt click the mouse and hit the copy button. Then I went to my other window and right clicked where I wanted it and hit the paste button.
And it was done!!!
Amy

overweightlady
01-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Chris, I thought you ditched us!! Welcome back, missed ya!!!
Amy

bigmommajo
01-13-2005, 05:07 PM
hello l'm going to sink the boat but please let me climb on...hehe
l weight 264 two years ago and now weigh 179 l have been trying to lose on my own and am reach the end of my rope. l type in sugar and came up with this forum....l crave sugar sugar sugar help

ChrisK
01-13-2005, 07:21 PM
omg you're not alone. I crave sugar constantly.. and then after i have my sugar.. I crave salt! It's a horrible cycle. The thing is I KNOW how to break it I've done it before. If you can go just -2 to 3- weeks without eating -any- sweets ( I know much easier said than done) you wont crave them anymore, and I -know- from experience. But again.. like I said easier said than done...

My husband and I promised ourselves we weren't going to buy anymore candy! He's addicted too.. he's not overweight though the bugger, he's right at his perfect weight. But he does try to be healthy.

So maybe we can go cold turkey on the sweets together and stop having them LOL.

Thanks for the welcome back Amy, thought you guys would have booted me by now for being such a slacker!

Talk to you soon!

Athena0067
01-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Morning Ladies!! Good to have you back Chris!! Welcome bigmommajo!
Well TGIF is all i can say. I had a pretty good week and i'm looking forward to a weigh in next week because i actualy got my but off the couch (Again) this week!! YAY its about freakin time! :p
My craving is greasy fatty food and homemade cookies/brownies. For my baked good craving i made a batch of cookies and a batch of brownies and portioned them into tiny bite size pieces (about 1" x 1") and froze them. That way i can just pull one out and get my fix instead of baking myself a whole batch to eat when i just need a bite. Its a pain to do, but its helped alot! As far as the fatty junk, i'm still trying to figure that out. When you crave a greasy old fashioned burger or real fries... :dizzy: somehow a carrot or dry turkey sandwich just doesn't cut it. :lol: :shrug:

Anyone have any goals set? Mine is 7 pounds lost by Valentines day. I think its doable.
By the way amy.. i love the book so far! thanks for the reccomendation! :cool:

WE can do this!! :yes: I found a neat quote that applys to me:
If we fail, we have not lost. Failure is a new opportunity to begin more intelligently.
:cheers: here's to another try! :grouphug: :high:
Steph

bigmommajo
01-14-2005, 05:16 PM
thanks for letting me join.... l really need help . my little doxie is terrible sick and l might have to put him down. l will see vet this afternoon. l have never been good with stress l want to eat eat eat.....could be card board l wouldn't stop.l'm a emotional eatter .... l've been trying butl ate a box of candy yesterday and kick myself all day today. again thanks ladys

katieslovingmom
01-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Ladies, count me in too! Lost over 100 lbs after had my daughter 6 years ago. Maintained for long time. Last year and half say me gain 55 lbs back to 225. Oh God I hate that! Now 220 and still don't know how this has happened. I need buddies in this journey as you all do. We can do it! I want to get to 160-170 where at 5'6" I look good. Lets all motivate! Let me know! I work private nursing care so don't find support at work as they are old! ;-).

bigmommajo
01-15-2005, 03:11 PM
glad to meet you all. well doxie got a repree the vet but him on more medicine he seems to being better to-day now need to get serious with self about taking the blubber off. hehe my sister sent me a great Quote
Nothing tastes that great
As it feels to be thin....

bigmommajo
01-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Don't know if l'm in the right place or not l gain a pound last week ,,,,,, feel real bad.
thought l would try writing everything l eat down to see if that keeps me on track . Hope you had better week than l did...... one thing about it l face the scales and got that over with for the week. lt feels like a firing squade some weeks (hehe)

Athena0067
01-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Morning everyone~
It's a start of a new week and a new beginning for our weight battles. i hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was pretty good. I only ate bad once... fast food for lunch, :mad: but other than that.. it was good. I even exercised a few times which is a rarity for me on a weekend! :^: :smug:
mommajo, it really does help when you keep a food journal. It made me realalize all of the snacking i was doing and didn't need. Its a great eye opener to your actual eating habits, not the ones you want to have :lol:
If you like the online thing and want to be REALLY Specific... www.fitday.com is a free calorie counting, weight tracking, calorie burning calculator site. Its really neat and best of all, you don't have to pay anything! ;) Good to hear your dog is doing better!!! :cp: Its hard when a pet is sick!!
Good luck on your weigh in Amy!!!!
How was the candy-free weekend Chris??
Have a great morning!!
Steph :dance:

ChrisK
01-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Yah.. no candy.. I didn't have -any- candy.. well, c'ept for the reeses peanut butter cups :(

Ok, I'm very very bad, I admit it.

*stands infront of the room* "Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I'm a candyoholic" bleh :yikes:

Well.. guess all I can do is try again! :D

OH that and I"m a huge slacker cause well.. I'm sitting here typing to you instead of on the way to the gym. :( Now I can sit around and feel guilty all day.. yay

LOL ok I'm done now! TOMORROW I -promise- I am going to the gym.

ChrisK
01-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Oh, did I mention I gained 2lbs since before xmas? :( Well, I guess a 2lb gain in a month isn't that bad. It'll go just as fast as it came! :dizzy:

I'm going to go clean now!

Athena0067
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
my name is steph and i can't control myself around fresh cookies. :dizzy: I know how ya feel chris!! We'll be better someday.
Yesterday was an ok day. It hasn't stopped raining since sunday night. I think we're all going to float away. So much for walking at night... its more like one big puddle to wade through!! But i'm still doing my indoor exercise.
Well.. its a busy morning so i'll be back later! Hope you all have a great day!
Amy.. are you in hiding? :p
Steph

bigmommajo
01-19-2005, 01:16 PM
this is Jo (BIGMOMMAJO) we need a plan l can't get going here l don't know where to start . l try writing thing down that last a day. the refridgerater breaks down have to use food........... never seems to stop when you are having problems.need a better mind set ,.....what kind of menu are the rest sticking to?l found when l stuck to no snacks between meals that helped..........

overweightlady
01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
:) Hello Steph and Chris, Welcome Jo!!!
Well ladies, I weighed in on Tuesday and lost 1 lb. Don't know how, but I'll take it. I had a bad weekend. We have been painting all weekend and I just grabbed things to eat.
Jo, I just watch what I eat and try not to snack between meals. If I do feel hungry, I eat either fruit or yogurt. And I drink lots of water. Well, so far 5 lbs for Valentines Day Challenge gone. I would like to try for another 5 now.
What about you all? I seen yours Steph! 7lbs. you can do it!!
Jo, What about throwing all the junk food out of your house. If it now there you will not eat it. That is what I have done. My family has gotten over it.
Chris, 2 lbs is not bad over X-mas, better than me.
Chat with you all later!!
Amy

bigmommajo
01-19-2005, 05:04 PM
that sounds like good plan if l lived alone but my skinny husband loves his cakes pies and cookies got to have them in the house or he asks for sypathy from friends you know wife goes on diet and he loses weight surpost to be funny but l can't laugh.

Athena0067
01-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:
We're having a heat wave out here!! It's supposed to almost get to 70!! last week it was in the 20's... gotta love seattle weather!
Jo- have you talked to your hubby and told him your really trying to diet? My fiance didn't like the idea of me not buying anymore junk food either, but after that first week.. he got over it and sawa i was serious. If he wants junk, he eats it at work. Hopefully he'll understand!!
As far as snacks, i do fruit or raw veggies with NO dip. If i have a salt/junky craving, i have 7-10 cashews or peanuts. Not too good me.. but it keeps me from buying chips and other salty junk!

Amy-congrats on your loss!! You can do the 5 lbs!! How's your week going? I'm ready for the weekend to be here! What did you paint? I love to redo things in my house so i'm always curious what other people do!

Anyways, i forgot to write my weigh in! I actually lost a pound. I'm amazed because its the womenly time of the month! I'm already looking forward to weighing in next week as weird as that is. I've been busting my butt and i think it's finally working! I actually bought a pair of 18's pants! i've been in a 20's for years! I want to eventually get to a 10... but thats a loooooooong ways away!
Well, i hope you all have a great day!

overweightlady
01-20-2005, 03:05 PM
:) Hello all!! I am doing good this week!!! :strong:
I can do it!!
Ok, I painted my family room a olive green color and my foyer got painted two colors Barn red and mustard (it looks really good) I have 20 ft ceilings and the 2 outside walls are the red and the other walls are the mustard. On the mustard walls I 1st painted a lighter yellow and then did some faux painting with the mustard color. I love to paint different colors. Last year we painted the girls rooms one is a turquoise ceiling and a 1/2 way down is orange and then a border then watermelon pink. It looks good. The other room is apple green about a 1/2 way down then we painted a white border which I polka dotted with 4 colors and then below that is 10 in. sripes of yellow, green, purple and blue. That room took a long time.
My master bath is next which is going to be plum.
I think I sit at home too much and watch the decorating channels too much :)
ok, back to losing weight, I got on the scale this morning and have lost 2 lbs. since Tuesday. I know I should not have but I had to.
I have been doing so good. Can you tell I am so exicted about this losing weight thing now!!!
Good for you on the 18's. I am a 16 now and want to be a 14 soon!!!!
Have a great day!!
Amy

bigmommajo
01-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Great going ladies you can do it.......l give myself little lectures all the time like .... whos in control here me or the food ?? the food generally wins out.l have told myself potatoe chips are really cardboard that works for me. if l could only come up with a good way to reason on cookies ...........

overweightlady
01-23-2005, 07:50 PM
:) Hello ladies!!!!
I have got to tell you all how proud of myself I am!!! :flow2:
Last night, My hubby and I had card club, we have this with 9 other couples,
well, anyways everyone brings an appetizer or something like that!!
Well, I made a big kettle of Chicken Chili which is lowfat, and I also made a dessert (angel food cake and pineapple). I had 1 bowl of chili and 1 small piece of cake!!!Yahoo!! The other foods did not even tempt me ( Texas sheet cake, nacho dip, jalepeno poppers etc.) I was so proud of me, I just had to tell you all!!
I can not wait to weigh in on Tuesday!!!!
Even though it will be that time of the month, I still feel a loss!!!!
How was everyone's weekend?
Sorry, Steph, I know you are reading this and it is Monday!!!! :)
I have not exercised this week at all, I don't know what my problem is, I just need to step up to the plate I guess!!!
Amy

bigmommajo
01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
hello this morning got weight l gain half a pound doing terrible.......... got to remember this is not my last meal............. still searching for the right mind set hope to do better this week.........wish l could exercise more bad knees slow me down. also pain stops me from getting enough sleep...... l know all excuses........ thanks for hearing me out.

Athena0067
01-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh what a beautiful Morning!! :coffee: The day always seems better when there's beautiful sunrise! How was everyones weekend? Mine was ok... 2 bad eats (One was a cake tasting- but i didn't taste everything!)... but i did some exercising, which is a rareity on the weekends. Not bad but not great either! I still feel good and I'm ready for another week!
I'm with amy, i feel a loss! By the way.. Great job on not eating the "bad" stuff!!! Your house sounds great!! I love all the contrasting colors!!
I'll be back later! Hope you all have a great morning!
Jo - Cookies are like hockeypucks.. they'll crack your teeth! :lol:
Steph

overweightlady
01-24-2005, 03:42 PM
:) Hello everyone!!!
I am coming down with a cold, I feel like crap. But... I am still doing good!!!
I just had my afternoon snack, a FF pudding, I know I should have had some fruit or something but I needed the chocolate fix. As It is that time :p
I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow,although I do feel a little bloated.
I am going to try and drink more water today than usual!!!
At least you can see the sun Steph, it is gloomy and cold today here!!!
I usually love the snow, but we got another 10 inches on Saturday, I can not wait till Spring!!!
Wish me luck!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Morning,
Sorry your coming down with a cold amy! I finally got over mine. I had one since thanksgiving time... YUCK!! get as much rest as possible!!
Well, yesterday wasn't too bad of a day... i broke down and had an extra coffee and a cookie in the afternoon. I did do my floor exercises last night so it wasn't a completely bad day! I think i'm going to start walking on my lunches. Now i just need to remember to bring tenis shoes! :^:
I forgot to weigh in this morning so i'll do it tomorrow and hopefully it'll be good. Good Luck Amy!!
well... back to the grind... talk to you later!

ChrisK
01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Hm.. Steph I know you wanna lose weight but don't you think walking on you lunch is a bit extreme? :dizzy: :lol:

heh sorry, I'm super sick and am making myself giggle to feel better :p I'm waiting for 11am so I can leave and go visit the doctor. I think I might have bronchitis :(

Anyway, just checking in and I'll talk to you all later..

:grouphug: <-- sterile one don't worry :p

Chris.

overweightlady
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
:) Hello Ladies!!
I lost 2 lbs. I am so exicted, I thought I was going to do a little better, but I may be carrying some extra water, if you know what I mean :)
I had to take my youngest to the Dr. today, she has an ear infection.
I am feeling a little better myself, still a little soar throat!!!
Steph, I use to walk on my lucnh hr also, when I worked. There was 4 of us that would go and walk for about 45 minutes. We use to really enjoy it.
Just try it and see!!!!
I have got to go and clean today so catch ya all later!!
Amy

bigmommajo
01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
hi ladies like your idea steph ...... l think there loaded with worms inside that seems to be working....... hehe my mind works over time some times on things l'm not going to eat......... l can do it.......... hoping for good week

scoopschick
01-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Hello Ladies,

I Hope I can Join you all in the quest to be fit!! I just found this site and really need some support. Looking forward to loosing with you all.

I would like to be 145-140. But for now I will just focus on gettig to 165.

Athena0067
01-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, i'm a little dissappointed today. I gained my pound that i lost last week. :mad: I know its probably water but GRRRRR!!! Oh well.. its a new week of losing it again! I did my pilates video Monday night and i am still sooooooo sore! I forgot how much it hurts for the first week!! But i lost my first 20 doing it 2-3 times a week so i'm starting again!
Thanks for the tip amy :), i think i'll ask around and see if anyone wants to join me walking. I've always just gone alone! Groups are always more fun!
Well today is pretty good so far, i had a dry bagel for breakfast and brought a salad for lunch. Now i just need to be good at dinnner :) ok.. enough about me..
Welcome scoopschick! Glad to have you with us! This site had been so supportive, i would have given up a looooong time ago without it!
Jo-keep thinking that way and slowly stop buying those tempting items... you can slowly weene your hubby off of them :P
YAY AMY!!!! :strong: :cb: :cp: :bravo: :cheer: You're doing so well!! Keep it up!!!
Sorry your not feeling good Chris! Take it easy til you start to feel better! :tired:
OK, back to work.. talk to you all soon!!
Steph :dance:

bigmommajo
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
welcome scoop chick the more the merrier.......... we will lose a ton.......thanks steph l find drinking tea and lemon is good for water retention you pee a lot though so don't do it at bedtime if you don't want to be up all night......my changle now is my daughter in laws cooking...... shes a great cook and loves to feed you constantly we are visiting for a few days......... hope my mind keeps working on negetives about food...... hehe

overweightlady
01-27-2005, 11:00 AM
:) Hello ladies!!!
I had such a bad day yesterday, I ate and ate and ate!!! :devil:
I don't know what got in to me, But I am back on track today!!!
I am going to walk on my treadmill as soon as I am done here!!!
I should have come on here when I was eating yesterday, maybe that would have helped me. I had a sick child home yesterday and was so busy with her and just ate and ate!!!!
Amy

Athena0067
01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
well.. another week. I hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was pretty good. Nice and relaxing! I didn't eat too badly either. I think i might have a loss. I have a good feeling so hopefully it'll be true! Not too much going on.. same thing different day! I can't believe tomorrow is February 1st!! Where did the month go!
Talk to you all soon!!!
Steph

overweightlady
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
:) Hello ladies!!!! Good Luck to you on your weigh in Steph!!!
After my couple of bad days I got back on track again.
But I am still sick, it has been about a week now!!
I might be heading to the Dr. soon, if this done not clear up.
Tomorrow is my weigh in so we'll see how mybad days affected me!!
Talk to you all then!!
Amy

Athena0067
02-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Morning! Sorry to hear your still not feeling well Amy!! I know how that goes! Hopefully you will get better without a Dr. visit! Good luck on your weigh in!
Today is such a beautiful day! Suns out, nice and crisp 50+ its pretty!! Makes me feel like working in the yard when i get home! Hopefully i'll hang on to that thought!! Hope you all are doing well!!
Steph

overweightlady
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
:) Hello all!!
I actually lost 3lbs. :dizzy: I am so excited!!!
Still not feeling my best though, but feel a little better!!
Steph, did you weigh in?
I have a goal of 8lbs by March 1st now!!!
I did reach my Vd goal and it is not even VD yet!!!
I am going to LA On April 30 with my girlfriend and I want to lose 25 lbs by then!!
Come on ladies, let's all do it!!!
Amy

bigmommajo
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
hello everyone,,,,,, l did terrible l gain a pound and half...... after refusing so many goodies l was disapointed........ l 'm at my wits end here. l'm heavier than when l start this.... l was truely hoping l could get on the right track........really down to-day..

Athena0067
02-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Morning! :coffee:
Well i did weigh in and i lost a pound. I feel like more than that but at least something registered as a loss. Congrats on meeting your goal amy!!! :D I'm sure you'll meet the next one in March!!
I have 4 of 7 pounds left for my goal! Time to get serious! I've been coasting along for a few weeks now not really trying like i should be. But thats over now! I'm going to measure tonight and see how i'm doing that way too. I've missed my class all week, but i've done an hour+ a night of serious gardening.. i'm more sore than when i work out!! :lol: Tonight i'll walk and do some floor stuff.
Jo- you have to keep at it. i bounce around alot too... What are you doing for exercise? Maybe an add an extra walk for the dog? Every little bit helps! Good job on passing up the goodies! You'll get there!
well ladies, hope you all have a good day!!!

Tanzie
02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey ya'll.

I'm a relative newbie here. I started reading your thread and thought . o O (Wow.. this sounds like a great bunch of girls...) I read a bit more and got even more excited.. until I realized that I was reading the first few of many pages. :P Is it too late for another new person to poke her nose in and join up?

I'm 34 and starting over *again*. This time around I've decided not to do a 'diet'. Every diet I've ever been on I've failed at. I'm just trying to eat healthier, and eat smaller portions.

I have to be up every morning at 5:30 to get the kids ready for the bus, and have been walking after they leave (at 6:00). The last two weeks have been rainy though, so I've missed out.

Anyway, this is me. I'd love to hop on board if it's okay.

Lei :)

1hot_tomato
02-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Lei,
There are many wonderful women on this forum. Look around and read some of the posts that have common interests or problems (?) with you. I post at Housewives losing weight...but there are many others. Don't let one limit you either! You can be all over the board. We keep each other going! Good luck to you!

Tanzie
02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks Roxy,

I appreciate the welcome. I was wondering about the thread hopping. :)
I'm a SAHM for all intents and purposes. I only work about 12 hours a week while the kids are at school. And up until the last 3 years I stayed home all the time.

Nice to hear from you!

Lei

Athena0067
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Good morning & Welcome!! The more the merrier!! Lei- you've got the right idea! Diets never worked for me either!! But the change of lifestyle has been great! Hope you stick around!!
Well its been another pretty good week! And now its the weekend!!! :D YAY :lol: Our wonderful weather has gone away, i drove to work in the pouring rain! I think its time for the weekend mall walking :) Exercise and shopping!! WOO HOO!!!
I'm so proud of myself! We went to a catering tasting at one of Seattle's finer seafood restaurants and i had such awesome restraint!! I picked my way through the massive amout of food and only had a small plate!! They had 6 different buffets! I only had what i really wanted to try and left the rest for Luke to ear :P I did have 2 chocolate strawberries... but they were well deserved!! :dizzy:
Anyone have anything planned for the weekend? If it stops raining, i should be able to finish my front garden. Cross your fingers for me!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Steph :wave: :dance:

bigmommajo
02-04-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks steph for encouragement. l have been under so much stress . my youngest son 28 had three ribs removed this week. so he is in a lot of pain....... thank goodness for the computer it keeps me away from food........ as far as walking goes l am limited l am having knee replacement in June l had one done last march....... so l also have a lot of pain l do love going fishing though and get a lot of exercise there,welcome Lei........keep coming back.

bigmommajo
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
yaaaaaaaaa finally l lost three and half pounds. hope it keeps coming off.much better week weight wise. any how son is coming along slow but sure........hope you all had great thin week your weight friend Jo

overweightlady
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
:) Hello ladies, sorry I have been gone so long, I have been so busy.
Welcome Lei, we love talking to newbies.
I did great up until that darn Football party yesterday!!
Actually I didn't overeat too much, but I am not feeling good about it. I guess we will see tomorrow morning!!
I ate a whole cup or more of salted peanuts and about 1/2 candy bar.
I have even been exercising every day!!!
Wish me luck!!
Amy

Athena0067
02-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Morning all! How is everyone? I'm doing pretty good. I had a great on plan weekend! No fast food, no fried food. WOO HOO! even at the super bowl party i only had 1 slice of pizza (no cheese!)! I filled up on veggies and wheat crackers. :D

I worked in my yard allllllll day saturday. I was so sore on sunday so i didn't exercise... plus it rained and rained and rained some more. Yesterday i made enchiladas with half the beef i'd normally use and filled the rest in with onions, peppers, zuchinni, mushrooms and whatever else i could find in my fridge! Luke actually liked them better since they had more flavor with all the veggies! As long as he doesn't know what he's eating, its good! He is SOOO anti-veggies. Its hard to cook healthy for both of us so i just started throwing things in when they'll be covered up with sauce!! :LOL:
I finally found someone to walk with on my lunches. So we start today! :)
I'm not sure if i'll go to my class tonight, my knee has been bothering me since saturday... but if not i'll do my pilates tape at home.

How'd your weigh in go amy?? Hopefully well!! i'm nervous about mine for tomorrow!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

overweightlady
02-10-2005, 01:02 PM
:( I have not been doing good at all!! :(
I weighed in on Tuesday and weighed the same, that just irked me, so for the last two days I have been gorging myself. I know that is not what you are supoose to do, but I was so mad at myself. I probably have now gained 5lbs.
I am not going to get on the scale though.
I don't know what my problem is. :devil: :devil:
But, today I seem to be back on track, so we will see!!
How was your weigh in Steph?
Good Luck!!
Amy

bigmommajo
02-11-2005, 11:34 AM
welcome Rosey.... nice you came on forum we all need surport and we will be glad to be there for you.... we are in this battle together we will win.......... hang in there pal....

Athena0067
02-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Well.. i think i'm stuck. I am the same as last week. I know i've lost something.. my clothes are loser but my scale isn't likeing me! I've been soooooo good its scary! Maybe next week i'll see a loss. oh well. Whats everyone up to this weekend? I found a gym i'm going to go test out. Its on my way home from work :) I have a hard time leaving again once i'm home.. but i think if i can stop on the way... it'll go much better. Its month to month YAY!!! and all women, which is a little more comforting! I think it'l be good.
Anyways.. hope you all are doing well.
talk to ya soon!
Steph

overweightlady
02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
:) Ok ladies, I feel like I am in a rut. I have been eating for a week now.
Anything that comes in sight I eat!! Then I don't know why I can't seem to come on here and tell you, Sorry!!!!!
I am still going to weigh in tomorrow and I will be on here every day.
If I am not, you all can yell at me!!!
Tomorrow is a new day!!!
Dr Phill's quote of the day
"It's up to you to recognize which food choices support your goals and which do not"
Is that not the truth?
Talk to you all tomorrow, with my weight gain!!!
Amy

Athena0067
02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
HI Ladies,
Sorry i've missed so many days! Works been crazy!!! I think i can finally breath today!
Where are you AMY!!!!! hehe.. had to yell per your instructions!! :smug: You'll get back on track! Dr Phil is right on that quote!! Now all we need is the willpower to resist! I think i've started treating this website as a confessional :lol: it helps me realize what i'm doing wrong!

I haven't weighed in yet this week. Its that special time :LOL: I've been doing pretty good. I've had a few bad moments but nothing to horrible. I started a new class yesterday...Body pump.. Oh lordy it hurts so good! I'm sore today!!
Talk to you all soon!! Hang in there!! Its a new day to prove WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Steph

overweightlady
02-17-2005, 01:53 PM
:) Thank you Steph, I needed that!!!
Ok, I did weigh in and gained 3lbs. I can believe it, I ate everything.
I am back on track, yesterday I worked out for 45 minutes.
I have never heard of a of Body Pump class. What do you do?
I just had a really good Smart Ones Meal. It was Enchiladas and rice.
It had a great taste to it. 6pts if you go by Weight Watcher points.
Dr. Phil's Quote
"Starting to exercise is a real chance for you to get in control of your body, no matter how long it has been since you last exercises"
Steph, did you end up getting that one dress?
Well talk to you all later!!
Amy

overweightlady
02-18-2005, 03:07 PM
:) Hello All!! I am back on again, I have done really good today again.
So Let's hope and pray I can keep this up!!
I have been doing some deep cleaing in my house, so I hope that is going to be some good exercise for me!!!
Dr. Phil's quote
"People change only when they are ready, and you need to find out the exact state of your readiness"
I love this guy, everything he says just makes sense.
Well you all have a great weekend!!!
Amy

Athena0067
02-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Morning!! I think work is finally starting to slow down! YAY!!! I've been doing ok. I've stayed on plan pretty much for a week now, but i'm lacking the consistant exercising. I went to my class this weekend. (Bodypump is a weight training class, works your whole body 60 min.) I'm still having issues with portions. I know how much i should eat, but thats not usually what i do eat. I've been cooking/eating pretty low fat.. but my calories are still to high i think. I'll get it figured out one of these days! I weighed myself this weekend and i'm still the same. One of these days i'll see the scale move down again!
Good Quotes from Dr Phil!! We did some spring cleaning this weeekend as well. the house looks much better! Now if we can just keep up on it.
I'm going to make some homemade chili tonight. I think its the best "comfort food" that you can make a lowfat version thats good for you! Yum!!
Hope you have a great day!
Steph

overweightlady
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
:) Hello ladies!!!
Steph, I have the same problem, portion control. I also cook lowfat, but I just seem to eat too much.
I did weigh in today and lost 2lbs.
I had a decent week, except for Sat. we had a birthday party and I had cake and ice cream.
I am happy with the loss though. I am going to try and beef it up this week.
I did my exercises tonight already.
What kind of chili do you make? I have a recipe for chicken chili which is also lowfat and very yummy.
Did I give you the lowfat angel food cake recipe?
Dr. Phil's quote
"when you learn to manage your emotions you'll feel good about your life, and you will live it to the fullest and best of your ability"
Amy

overweightlady
02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Hello! I have done decent today, so far!!!
Where in the heck is everyone?
Amy

Athena0067
02-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm still here! Sorry i've been a slacker about posting!!
Congrats on your loss!! Great job!!! :cheer: I still haven't weighed myself, i don't want to get discouraged yet :lol:. But i did go and workout last night. (twice for the week so far and i'm going tomorrow morning too!) I finally found a gym i'll actually go to. Its women only and it's soooo comfortable. I've seen every shape and size of ladies in there so its not threatening. YAY!
as far as the food thing.. i haven't done too bad for the week. I've had a few bad moments, but overall pretty good. I've started eating on salad plates at home so i can still fill my plate, but its the portion i should be eating!
i usually make a chicken/beef chili with all fresh stuff except the beans so its lower in sodium as well as fat. its a pain, but sooooo tasty! Oh please send me the angel food cake recipie! I love angel food cake!! My most favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake!! and strawberries are starting to come down in price YAY :) :lol:

Well back to work i go.. hope you have a good day!!

bigmommajo
02-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone..... l been looking after a two year old . my sons who had ribs removed,for two weeks . l tell you you don't need a gym with a active two year old........ l was so happy when l got on the scales and found l remain the same.... not great but better than gaining.... l didn't have time to watch what l ate.
l bought the GI Diet book it sure looks good any one try it yet? l figure got nothing to lose but weight........ hows every one doing? JO

Athena0067
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Morning! Well another week already begun. Where's the time going!! I think i'm not going to weigh myself anymore. Whenever i do, its really discouraging. All of my pants are loose, but my scale hasn't moved. GRRR!!! Anyways, i've been pretty good. Had a fast food slip this weekend, but other than that, not to bad. I've been exercising 3 times a week for 2 weeks :) YAY. I know i can keep it up. I have a girl at work that i go with so the extra motivation and having that accountability has been great! :) I still have portion control issues. I'm not eating bad food, just too much!!! But last night i didnt do too bad.. 2 crunchie tacos, salad and a few bites of rice. I wanted more but actually held back :LOL: I've also been eating breakfast when i get up... kinda weird, i'm more hungry during the day. I read that if you eat within the first hour your awake, your metabolism jumps in gear and stays going well for the day. I think there right :P :LOL: Anywas, enough rambling.

DId you have fun with your grandson Jo? My nephew is three and always keeps me running when i take him! Thank god there's a park in my neighborhood i can let him run in :P What is the GI diet book? Is it GI like military? I think i'm going to get back in to my 8 minutes in the morning book. I figure 10 minutes less of sleep is worth losing some of my pudge :lol: I just have to keep thinking that in the morning when my alarm goes off!
Where are ya AMY!!!! Hope things are going well!!
Take care!! Steph

overweightlady
03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
:) Hi All!!
Sorry, I have been slacking on writing you all!!!
I did weigh in today and lost 1 lb.
I am going to say this again "I AM A BINGE EATER'
I am having so much trouble on certain days, it is unbelievable.
I just eat until my stomach hurts and I feel miserable.
Can you all give me some pointers on what to do?
I need some help!!!!!
Talk to you all later!!
Amy

bigmommajo
03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
hi guys had great time ........ still finding it hard to get back to adult world hehe.... we played hospital a lot. G.I. Diet breaks food down into three groups . lt has red , yellow and green its like traffic lights...... you can eat green caution with yellow and avoid red. it has some great recipes in book. don't know but l've tried a lot of other diets this is a life plan...... it was recommend by dietian over others.

overweightlady
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
:) Hello All!!!
I have been doing pretty good, so far!!!
The weekend is coming, my hubby and I have a date night on Sat.
So I just have to watch what I order I guess.
I am so sick of this snow it is unbelievable. I can't wait till Spring.
I bought myself some tulips and daffodils today so I can sit and look at them and think of warmer weather.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Amy

Athena0067
03-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Morning!
I'm sorry your in the snow amy!! Kinda ironic but I'd love to see some!! We can't even ski this year because we don;'t have enough snow to cover the mountain! I'm in aww of out weather out here. We had 68-70 degrees weather yesterday!! Should be in the 40's with frost every morning!! It's crazy! :dizzy:
I hope you had fun on your date amy!! As far as the eating everything in site.. i go in binges like that too. i finally quit buying most of the junk food and the stuff i do buy, i buy in the individual serving bags like chips and cookies. At least that way when i eat it, it only lets me eat a little bag verses the whole big bag!
Well, i think i've finally found the right exercise program for me. of all things i've stuck with the gym i tried out and have gone 3 times a week consistantly for about 3 weeks now. My pants are getting loose! YAY! i'm still watching what i eat... but i think i'm finally getting the exercise i need to lose weight and inches. :) :D :lol: ;) :cool:
Anyways, back to work i go!!
Take care and talk to you soon!!!
Steph

Athena0067
03-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Anybody home?????

overweightlady
03-10-2005, 08:51 AM
:) I'm finally here!!!
I have been on a eating habit again and I feel like my life is busier than ever.
My kids are gone 4 nights a week now.
Between swimming and dance.
Next month sofball starts, but swimming will be over.
Our date was wonderful, we went to my fav. Chinese rest.
It was delicious!!! Then we just went to the mall and shopped a little.
So relaxing without 3 kids hanging on ya!!
I have been doing some investigating. All my friends have joined Curves lately.
Do you have those? A woman workout place only 30 minutes.
I would love to go and do that but, I just don't see how I can with a little one. I have no one to watch her during the day, when I do have the time.
So, I am thinking of purchasing some equipment, called the Bowflex Sport.
You should go on their website and check it out, www.bowflex.com
My brother has one and loves it, so I am not sure what to do.
It is alot of money, but by the time I add up the price of Curves and gas and babysitting, I think it could be worth it.
I am going to think about it for a couple of more days yet.
But seriously , go on their website and check it out and read some of the testimonials.
Maybe I am just getting suckered in.
Now that I wrote a book, I will talk to you later.
Oh, I did not even weigh in, I was scared.
Amy

Athena0067
03-10-2005, 04:33 PM
hi amy,
i have heard of the Bowflex. its a good machine.. just a little pricey.. i have a friend that has one too.. He loves it except for the cost! i have curves out here too.. the gym i go to now is alot like that, just without the name and the name price! :lol: Its true and it does work as long as you watch what and how much you eat of course. I've been going 3 times a week for 3 weeks now and my pants are all loose. Bout time i got serious!!! And it FINALLY Shows!!! WOO Hoo!
It works for me, but i can see how its hard with kids... Club daycare is expensive! As long as you like what your doing... thats all that matters. Out here.. the bowflex goes on trial offers: "use it for 30-60 days and send it back for a refund if you don't like it" That would be almost free besides the shipping to at least see if you'll use it.
I haven't weighed in for the past few weeks either!! :PWay too scary!! :LOL:i got measured last week and i think i will just measure again in about a month. I'm tired of the scale standing still!!
Talk to you soon!!
Steph:)

overweightlady
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
:) Hello all!! Although it seems to be just you and me again Steph!!
Good for you on the workouts, that is great!!!
My hubby did go and buy me the Bowflex Sport!! It took him 4 hours to put it together, and set us back $800.
But, hopefully in the long run, it is worth it.
I also got a book on it called The bowflex body plan, or something like that.
You also only workout 3 days a week. I have decided Mon., Wed., and Fri.
I am going to try and do my treadmill the other days.
I have given myself a 6 week challenge.
We will see how it goes.
I am not going to weigh in every week either.
I am going to shoot for every other week (who am I kidding, I will be weighing in) :lol:
Talk to you soon!!
Amy

Athena0067
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
;) Hi Amy, We're the only troopers left :LOL: Congrats on getting the bowflex!!! Do you like it?? it always looks cool in the commercials! I'm still doing good at the gym.. even bumped up my weights this week!
My problem is still my portions.. I NEED MORE CONTROL!!! but i don't know where to find it. i'll eat my little plate... but then when i go to clean up the kitchen, i pick at whatever's left and end up eating was i used to!! GRRRRR :mad: :?: Someday i'll figure something out. On my lunches.. i've cut them down and only brought small ammounts unless its healthy... getting better!! :dizzy:
Talk to you soon! Steph

overweightlady
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
:) Good Morning Steph!!!
I really like my Bowflex, although you start out only doing 6 exercises, 3 days a week for 2 weeks. Then you add other exercises on week by week.
I have done my treadmill 2x's this week also.
I feel like I have done ok this week. I am not going to weigh in though.
I don't want to get discouraged.
Last night, we had my oldest daughter's 7th B-day. I had a little piece of cake and a scoop of ice cream. I had just a salad for supper, so I think that is ok.
Talk to you later
Amy :dizzy:

Athena0067
03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
It's started out to be a good week. a friend and i threw my dad a bday party last night and only ate the healthier items... i even passed on cheesecake and went for the angel food and fresh strawberries. YAY!
I'm still going to the gym as planned.. i actually look forward to it :o :LOL: Luke started playing racketball the same days i'm at the gym. We've been holding each other accountable and so far we haven't missed a day.
:) I'm glad you like the bowflex!! It has always looked like it would be good!
Do you have any -yummy not so bad for ya- recipies for anything chocolate? and also a noodle salad?
I've been looking but not having much luck!
Thanks,
Steph

overweightlady
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
:) Hello!!!!
I will have to look through my recipes tonight and see if I can find anything
Yesterday I did my Bowflex for 20 minutes and the treadmill for 45 minutes.
Today I had to take 2 kids to the Dr. both have strep throat.
So, I am really enjoying my day :dizzy:
Talk to you tomorrow!!
Amt

Athena0067
03-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Morning :coffee:
ooo two kids with strep??? yikes!! Yesterday was one of my days off from exercising. I went home and just relaxed, it was nice. Even had the house to myself! :D Tonight its off to the gym for lots of cardio and ball work. Woo hoo!!
Our weather is finally turning into our usual spring... back to the rain instead of the 60-65 sunny days :P I was just getting into the lunch break walks too!! Hopefully the weatherman will be wrong again!! :)
Talk to you soon!!
Steph

overweightlady
04-03-2005, 08:25 PM
;) Oh my gosh, it has been almost 2 weeks for me, I am just terrible.
I have been absolutely bad on my diet and so gosh darn busy.
My kids finally go back to school tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!
I have gained about 6 lbs these last couple of weeks.
What the heck is wrong with me?
All I have done is eat and eat my kids Easter candy!!!
Something has got to happen or I am just going to give up!!!
Amy

Athena0067
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Don't give up!! You can do this!! sorry for dissappearing! But here i am again! Hope your still around!!
I've been slacking too.. i'm still going to the gym... but my eating habits are back to where i started so i'm not seeing much results. Time to get back in the swing of things... summer is quickly approaching. I got my wedding dress and thats quickly approaching too. I know what areas i need to work on, and the first one is overall weight loss!!! :lol:
I hope your still out there! Talk to you soon,
Steph :smug: