Support Groups - Time For Serious FUn #86

View Full Version : Time For Serious FUn #86

gma22
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
10-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Ok, girlies, new thread. See you in the morning!

Faye :)

mscat816
10-07-2004, 12:05 AM
I had a great day - my recruitment of new students at one of my toughest high schools went extremely well and I taught a belly dance class, made a pta presentation, attended half a choir rehearsal and took my daughter shopping this evening all between the hours of 5 and 8:30! And I was not even stressed about my evening-instead of saying "I am sooo tired" I felt like saying "I am so energized!"

The only woe is I am a little sad about my dh not coming home this weekend as planned. He has to stay in Germany another week.

But the silver lining is I have another week to get some things done around the house like clean up my the spare room/office :yikes: suck up and dump the leaves in the woods :yikes: :yikes: clean out the goodwill stuff out of the house and the garage, and lose a few more pounds!

Hope everyone is having a great week.:wave: mscat 239/226/140

gma22
10-07-2004, 06:25 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. it is important to make time just for you, girls, so make sure you set some time aside for you.

back later girls. Doggie has a vet appt this am

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to say I got 4 points yesterday. Not too sure about today, though. I'm eating well, but have a million things to do today to get ready for the workshop this weekend. I probably won't have time to exercise, BUT I'll make up for it by dancing all weekend.

Hope you all have a great day! I probably won't be back until Monday.

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-07-2004, 03:26 PM
POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Faye:bravo:

Julie: Have fun this weekend and don't shake anything out of place! :lol:

Hope all have a great day!

Faye ;)

gma22
10-08-2004, 01:05 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous Pounds Down Friday. What are our losses this week?

I will be gone all day so will post in the evening pts and lbs for all

Faye ;)

gigglez
10-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Morning chicks.

Nothing to report on losses. As for points have been doing good with the exercise and water but op hasn't been there for the last 3 days. Julie, have a great weekend. Mscat, man you were busy that one night. Almost something similar to what I go thru on the weekends. Hate them. Wasn't around yesterday at all was very busy for my day off. The one thing that I did get accomplished was getting myself another car. Not brand new but new to me and the motor is in great shape. So that is all that matters. Gotta go got lots of things to do before I go in to work tonight. Here's to a wonderful OP day to everyone.

sandy

Satine
10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi, all, just a quick check in for now, still learning on the job, no losses to report this week, had a couple of cheat evenings, need to get my butt back in gear, seems sort of quiet here lately...well hope you all are doing well !!!
Have a great weekend!!!

gma22
10-09-2004, 08:58 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share?

POINTS LBS DOWN FOR FRIDAY:

SandyG :cp:
Faye :dancer: :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

Sorry I didn't get in here yeasteray but I was out all day and evening even. Had a grand time with T though how you mother's stand Chucky Cheese is beyond me. Screaming little rug rats everywhere and why are they not in school on a Friday during the day??? I know I have gotten old but SHHHEEEESSSHHHHH! I got a couple pieces of Lucy memorabilia and some beach theme stuff for my living room for my bd from dd and sil and my gds bought me this tiny clay mouse (he loves to do that because I have a rodent phobia and he likes to tease) The movie was ok but wayyyyyy too long for kids to sit through an more adult themed jokes.

I need to get going. My house is a mess downstairs from just coming home and dumping stuff and need to get a walk in this morning.

SUNNY THOUGHT: Grandson's 4 year old wisdom, when dd, nonny and T were trying on halloween headbands with bunny ears, witch, etc he sees a scarecrow one and says, "Hey Nonny, looked at the Haunted Farmer!" :lol:

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
10-09-2004, 01:17 PM
MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! Have been mia the past 2 days... busy with laundry and other reorganizing things...lol lost a pound so yippee... i'll take it! So far so good on the south beach... and this week i am amping it up... i went and bought an exercise ball... its cool.. altho i have kink in my siatic jsut above my left butt cheek... more in the lower back... and i cant seem to get rid of it... i have been icing it... but exerciseing is just too painful... do i try my yoga to get rid of it or just rest it... i have been getting conflicting answers...lol any help would be helpfull ladies... I also bought some acorn squash.. i love squash... kids hate it.. so does hubby... so... more for me!! LOL
I hope yuou all have fantastic days topday.. take care of u... love you all

Sandy

gigglez
10-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Hi all chicks!

Just popping in real quick. Faye, glad that you enjoyed your day out. No Chuckie Cheese here. We have something similar to it. As for standing it I go and play games with my boy. It has a buffet with pizza, pasta, and salad. IT is great to get to go but it takes and hour to drive there and the cost of the games is what get you.
Sandy, congrats of the lb. I feel for you with your problem wish that I had an answer for you but I don't have never had any experience with that.

I have finally got me a pedometer(sp) and I decided to see how far I walk while working and today it was at 4.26 miles when I hit the reset button. I wish that I hadn't hit it I was wanting to see how far that I walked today. While it is some exercise it isnt what my body needs. I tend to do better with weights so it is time to get back into the routine. Now that everything is settled I should be able to get back into the groove. Gotta get time to get some rest. Catch everyone in the morning.

sandy

gma22
10-10-2004, 09:32 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is: What do you want Santa to bring you this year?

check back later girls

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
10-10-2004, 11:13 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! well... the pinch is better in my back... so i think i will attemp to work out with the ball today... just easy and carefully tho... but i am going to walk today... maybe go to the nature trail... but so far the day looks beautiful.. crisp, and sunny... i just love days like this. Yesterday was a perfect day weather wise as well. It was my brothers birthday, the one who passed away last summer... and it was so totally his kind of day... it was really very comforting... is that strange?? im not sure i am conveying my feelings right but it was just a very good feeling... its k=like it was completely 'his' day.
I start a parneting with love and logic class on this tuesday... i am sooooooo looking forward to it. Its something i really want to do and its a night out so to speak.
as for the silly poll... i would like santa to bring me a house. something i can do whatever i want with... paint and deocorate...lol i would absolutly love it.
i hope you all have a fantastic day ladies... i will check back later... take care of u.. and love to u all... oh yeah.. 4 pts yesterday!
Sandy

Amanda Panda
10-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi ladies!

Well I am back from my sister's - I had a good time and it was great to see my nephews and niece. The youngest one, Jaden, is 16 months and he got very attached to me and cried when i left - aaah! i think it may be because he likes cuddles and I am soft and cuddly!

My sister and her husband are such healthy eaters - I have eaten low fat and healthy food all week! On the down side, I came home and pigged out on all the bad stuff I'd stayed away from all week - boo! But I do think I learnt from my sisters eating habits over the week (although I actually don't think she eats enough) - she and her husband prepared lots of quick and easy low fat and nutricious meals, I was really suprised at how easy they made it look!

I think I learnt 2 valuable things:

1) To keep my kitchen clean every day, so it is quick and easy to rustle up a quick meal. (sounds obvious, but this is a habit that i need to form)

2) To become the cook of the house. Too often, I refuse to cook because it is 'Nigels turn' - and then we get takeaway. i need to accept that I will have to cook ALL the meals and establish it as part of my routine. I also intend to start enjoying cooking - rather than viewing it negatively.

So, hopefully these 2 changes will help me establish a healthier way of eating and keep me away from the takeaway. I've still got to address my whole emotional eating thing, and will contact a counsellor about that - but these changes will help me to TAKE CONTROL of the kitchen and cooking once and for all.

I also went swimming twice with my sis,and on some long walks, so it was a healthy week - apart from when i spent the evening at my other sisters house and she ordered a huge indian takeaway - I ate far too much!

It's my TOM and i am full of water retention, so unfortunately I didn't lose any weight from my week at the 'health farm' - plus, I've come back and pigged out (PMS), so I've undone any good work! But, I feel positive about making a fresh start tomorrow.

Hope you are all well and happy!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-11-2004, 07:44 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and the mission this week is weekend whammys. Let's work on improving our weekend eating and not cheating every weekend.

later girls

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I had a fabulous weekend in Canada....tons of dancing, good times with friends that I don't get to see enough of. Too much food, but I know I worked it off!

So I'm home now and have to clean up after the kids messy weekend. That or spend all day trying to "make" them do it. Probably some combination of the two.

Amanda, sounds like you had some good "learning time" at your sister's. I never really enjoyed cooking until I started keeping the kitchen clean all the time. Cuz I always had to clean it before I could cook anything. You should check out www.flylady.com That site will do wonders for you!!!! starting with your kitchen.

Faye, the only Chuck Cheez I've ever been into served beer and all the adults sat around drinking while the kids went crazy with the games. I had a good time playing the games with them, but we went at a very slow time. If it had been busy, I would have walked right out the door. Thank GOD we don't have them here!

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend...gotta go get the kids out of dh's hair.

Julie

Sandybrat
10-11-2004, 11:10 AM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS! 4 POINTS YESTERDAY!! and the kink is gone finally... so i am going to try my new workout ball...lol should be fun!
Amanda... glad you had a good time and i wouldnt worry too much about coming home and eating junk... you learned new and good habits it sounds like... so just hang in there...
I want to make a menu plan... but i am not sure how to do it...lol i guess trail and error for now.. any suggestions ladies?? i think it would be a big help for me and the family. I have a bit of a headache today... sinuses... yuck... and allergies... so i am going to make a cup of tea and realx for a bit... everyone have a great day... i will check back later... take care of u..
love and hugss...
Sandy

gma22
10-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Sandyb :bravo: :bravo:

sounds like all had a fun weekend! I will try and check in again and post more later. I am having to use Jack's laptop keyboard and it drives me nuts!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Morning Ladies!

Sheesh, awful quiet in here lately. I had 4 points yesterday! Woo hooooo....today will be a challenge because it's pouring rain and dreary outside and I don't have a dance class tonight. So, I gotta do some inside exercise.

Sandy, the easiest way to make a menu is not to try and do it all at once. First, write down all the dishes you can think of that you know how to make, that are healthy, and that you make on a regular basis. It's called making a "master list". This is *all* meals, not just the fancy ones...include "spaghetti" and "beans n' franks" and grilled cheese/tomato soup, etc. Then as you learn to make new things, you add them to your master list too. Over time, you develop a long list of healthy delicious meals and all you have to do is look it over and pick out the ones you want for the week. I have different dishes that I make during different seasons (like I rarely make cold pasta salad except in the summer). I always plan at least 2 crock pot dinners (cuz I'm out of the house 2 nights a week) and I try to schedule at least one super easy meal for when I'm feeling too tired to cook much. My kids are starting to want to make dinner now and then too, which is nice.

If you don't cook alot already, you may want to just cruise the recipe section of this site and surf for "low calorie recipes" online. There are billions of free recipes online...so many you really never need a cookbook! But I love cookbooks...and I use them alot. Hope this makes things easier for you. Take it in baby steps/stages....If you sit down and try to plan out a whole month's worth of meals without a master list, it can be very intimidating. I only plan one week at a time. And it saves me so much money when I do that, cuz I only buy what's on the list instead of thinking "oh, maybe I'll have this or maybe I'll feel like eating that" Then I always buy waaayyy too much. (and eat too much!)

Well, guess that's all the news from here...Hope everyone is having a great week!

TTFN,
Julie

Sandybrat
10-12-2004, 09:02 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! Thanks for the idea Julie... you know.. i did it yesterday. I sat down and with all the things in the cupboards and freezer planned a menu for the week. I love your idea of a master list... i will do that today. Why does it seem so intimidating to do when if u just take it week by week its actaully pretty simple. I think we like to psych ourselves out....lol. I too love using my crockpot. I am making spainsh rice today with a roast turkey roll... the Jennie O kind.. .its easy... lowfat and only 2 gram of carbs.. and the kids love them... I went to a wonderful farm market place about 20mins from my house yesterday... i loved it... and i found out they are open 7 days a week all year long... lovely fresh veggies and wonderful apples. I bought some apples yesterday and made an apple crisp... well.. needless to day it was a hit so i am making another one today...lol! Tonight i start a parenting with love and logic class... i am so looking forward to it... and i take my dd Jordan for her checkup and chicken pox shot... wooo hooooo!! thats this afternoon ... so i will have a busy day. I also checked out the workoutball tape... so i will be doing that today as well... i did a bit of it yesterday,, and can my abs and tummy feel it...lol so thats a great thing.
Man i am justa rambling today...lol It feels so good to be busy again... sounds strange doesnt it.... this weekeknd i am driving to grren bay for my brothers surprise bday party... then next weekend off for some me time... the weekend after that back to green bay for a baby shower... it just feels wonderful! lol I hope you all have a fantastic day. remember to take care of u...
love to u all...
Sandy

gma22
10-12-2004, 10:19 AM
TUESDAY: today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is picking one thing that seems to make you eat "out of line." Is it stress, boredom, anger, sadness, whatever the emotional issue is, take time to really look at it and see what you can do to improve it and remove it from your life.

SandyB: It is because it takes time and we seem to always be running all the time anymore. A menu is a great way to stay on a program and provide what is good for your family too!

Julie: Glad you had a good time this last weeken.

I need to get going. I am running behind and need to get my chores done and walk in so I can clean downstairs today.

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
10-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Faye.. how true.. but its such a good feeling to have it... i put it on the firidge and the kids can read it.. i even told them that next week they can help plan it with me... and they r excited!! LOL by the way... 4 points yesterday... i will check back in later again.. have a great one all!
Sandy

gma22
10-12-2004, 03:12 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

It hasn't rained for like 2 months and now it is the fourth day of rain. Ok, enough is enough, go away for awhile now! I get my walks in but they are in the rain and yesterday I got soaked. Today it is very very humid so it was miserable walking. I only got a mile in but a mile is a mile.

I had to cut short the rapid start as it made me really sick. It dropped my blood sugar really low. I am just trying to stay on the regular one now and see what happens, but so far so good. I don't have diabetes as I have been checked repeatedly (my mom, brother, nephew and a couple others have/had diabetes) and I keep a close eye on my sugar because of all of them. I am playing a wait and see right now with his program (he is really low carb and I may just not be able to handle that)

Have a good day girls!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

3 points yesterday.......didn't exercise. Blech.

Not much going on here....or anywhere else apparently, where is everyone??

Gotta get the kiddies to school...
TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-13-2004, 08:55 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we listen to and help you with?

I will be back in later this morning girls!

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
MORNING BEAUTIFULS... 4 points for yesterday... went to my class last night and i lvoed it... i am going to learn alot and have a great time. my woe?? well... hubby took the job in Kentucky... then told the kids while i was at class... the older to were crying... they dont want to move... but why didnt he wiat so we could tell them together?? makes me wonder even more about him... other than that i am staying pretty upbeat and happy... I have already told the kids that we will be staying here til the school year is finished... so they should not worry about it for now... i go home from class and went to kiss them goodnight... they were both still upset and crying...i told them that all will work out somehow and it will be just fine. well.. i should go and get lunches made... hubby is going on a field trip with Sawyer...lol take care of u and love to u all... i will check back in later...
Sandy

gma22
10-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Julie :cp:
SandyB :bravo:

My woe is that I am doing horrible again. I can't seem to latch on to the desire to stay op. I am having a lot of medical issues again, most of which I can do little or nothing about except hold on for the ride. This too shall pass and I am determined to get a handle on this. I have complete control over exercise and water but failing miserably with the food. Believe me, I will take any suggestions anyone has.

SandyB: Kind of a rotten thing to toss at the kids without you two talking first. Poor things. I know my poor children dreaded moving all the time and let's see. my son went to 7 schools and dd went to 6. At least most my ds and all of my dd's high school was at one place.

Everyone have a great day. I am watching a dvd of the Keeping Up Appearances sitcoms from BBC. They crack me up so I want to go and finish them.

Amanda Panda
10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I am here, but i am just getting over a very nasty head cold so i haven't been up to much.

I went out for my friends birthday yesterday - we had a mexican/south american meal and i ate FAR too much! I also had lots of lovely Brazilian cocktails! I hardly ever drink, but I am partial to a good cocktail - but I'm paying for it today as my head really hurts! :(

JULIE - Thanks for the tips about menu planning, they are really helpful. I've been trying to sort out some calorie counted menu's, but every time I start to do it, I don't really know where to start so i leave it! At the moment I'm just writing down lots of good recipes - i know I need to be a bit more adventurous as I only ever cook spag bol or chilli!

I'm going back to bed now for my afternoon nap.....

Love Amanda x

gigglez
10-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Evening everyone.

Sorry that I have been mia for a few but have been busy here. Have gotten in plenty of exercise. Good for me. OP well soso. Sounds as if everyone has been doing lots of revaulting of their plans. Which I think is very good. Gots of new ideas to get myself going as well. Sandy, I agree, I think that your children should have been told about the move with both of you as an united front. Tell your kids that KY really isnt that bad. Look at it this way there really isnt too much snow. At least there hasn't been in the past 10 or so years. Got to get going have to rise and shine early catch everyone later.

sandy

gma22
10-14-2004, 08:03 AM
THURSDAY: today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and make time just for you today!

later girls

Mirabelly
10-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Morning ladies,

Just a quick post, cuz I should be writing by now. 4 points for yesterday!

Faye, you know what you have to do to get back on track with op....do your menus, don't buy junk, eat at home.......I know it's hard, but look at what you accomplish when you stay on track! NONE of us can lose 10 pounds in a week!! (I know it's bec. you have more to go, but still....it looks amazing on Friday with all those scales in a row :p )

Amanda, hope you're feeling better!

See you all later,
Julie

Satine
10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Morning All, long time no talk !! :lol: :lol: Glad to hear that you are all doing well, I am completely stressed!! I will try to make this the short version, a russian lady is buying our house, yes it sold in 3 weeks !!! But we keep going back and forth on price, she came in real low...we are trying to work with her as we found the house of our dreams and started the buying process, so we need her to buy the house!! So I am stressed over that and coming up with the down payment, AND if we move it will be over Thanksgiving weekend!! UGGGhhhh, I guess I will have a good Christmas though, should be all done
And plus I am learning all this new stuff at work, trying to keep up there, that is why I have not been on here much, not much time for internet, which I guess is good...

My program has not been going well, way too stressed this week, have not been sleeping well or anything else...wish me luck on this part!! :)

Faye - I guess you and I are having the same problem right now with staying OP, we can turn this around though ! I know it !!!

I miss you guys and I will get back here soon I promise!!! Bye for now!!

gma22
10-14-2004, 02:14 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri: Way to go girl and a new house to boot! How cool. I will say a prayer everything comes out ok and you can get in by Thanksgiving.

Julie:THANKS JULIE YOU ARE AN ANGEL! I don't think I have ever in my life been depressed. I am a pretty up person even in horrible times and never let anything get me down for long, but for the last month I am barely hanging on. I feel bad all the time, my body aches, I don't sleep, I am eating awful, I cry etc and the doctor said it is hormonal and since I am scared of HRT I have to kind of buck up. I guess I have always seen myself as super human but all of us crash every once in awhile I guess. I do appreciate more than you know what you said. Thank God I have a husband who is there for me even at the worst of times, though he tends to mother hen me some!

Everyone have a good day. It is low 50's today so I am bundled up but it is supposed to be back in the 70's tomorrow.

gma22
10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
FRIDAY: today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losers this week?

I am going to a Christmas thing with dd today so will catch up this afternoon

Faye ;)

gigglez
10-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Morning ladies.

Faye, hope that you enjoy the time with dd today. I am getting ready to go get somethings accomplished before I have to go to work. You know it really sucks having a washer and dryer and being afraid to use them. The place that I moved to has well water and most of the well water here is horrible. The person I am renting off of has been working his heart out trying to get the softner right but so far it isnt working the way it should be. Needless to say I am bringing in water to wash my hair and going to wash cloths. Sorry I know that this isn't Wednesday but oh well. No loss again. Steady here. I think that it is time for a total change of my plan. Gotta run catch everyone later.

sandy

Mirabelly
10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Morning Ladies!

I GOT 4 POINTS YESTERDAY!!! Ok, that's a big deal cuz I didn't have dance class already scheduled in. I did my pilates dvd, which I've been wanting/meaning to do for months now. Guess what? It's too easy. I'm going to have to get another one.

I lost one pound to bring me back down to 204, which is my lowest weight. I'm focusing on my writing, and trying like heck not to run to the fridge everytime I get stuck somewhere. Hopefully next week I'll have a new low weight to post. I'm right about fed up with being so close to the 100s...it's been almost a year now!

Faye, with all these menopause problems you're having I would seek out a good homeopathic doctor and find some herbal/holistic remedies. They really do work. And I would also take a couple of classes in yoga for menopause. I have a dance student who is going through **** with "the change" as well. She is a yoga and aerobics instructor, very healthy...one of those people who just make you want to gag yourself. But menopause has completely thrown her for a loop! So, you're not alone.....just remember it's a part of life and it's only a phase. It'll pass.

Carrie, I hope you get that house you want! We had to cash in what little $$ we had in our 401k retirement to have a down payment for the house we're in now.

Ok, gotta go now. Can't wait to see all those pounds down!

Julie

gma22
10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
POINTS AND LBS DOWN:

Julie :bravo: :goodscale

Julie: I am thinking of going and having acupuncture to be honest. I have heard it helps women with fertility issues and thought I would check this woman out here that does it. I have been using a progesterone cream but it is not working now so I need to move to a more drastic step, maybe acupuncture and homeopathic stuff or something like that. I have thought about yoga a lot actually so maybe I will check a tape out at the library before committing to something. Thanks for the info though, I sure can use any help I can get. Last night was a nightmre. It was down in the 40's so I couldn't subject Jack to a fan blowing on him all night, but I lay drenched in sweat, then would wake up freezing when my hot flash had past and I had fallen asleep uncovered. From two am on I had one of these episodes where about every 20 minutes or so, I "startle" myself awake, like when you have a bad dream or like when you had a dream where you are falling or getting stabbed or something. I wake up and my heart is pounding and I am shaking etc. I get NO sleep when this happens. It goes on and on for hours.

We had fun today. I made my grandson cry and it killed me. His mom had gone into their house to change to cooler clothing and we were sitting in the car talking about birthdays coming up and he told me he wanted this new video game Rachets and Clinks III or something like that. Anyway, he told me it was a secret that I would buy it for him, though I had not said I would, he knows me WAYYYYYYY too well! His mom bugged me and I whispered it and he started sobbing cause I told her so I promised him when it came out I would buy it! MAN AM I JELLO OR WHAT?????? I only bought a Indiana University charm for my Italian charm bracelet (do any of you know what I am talking about?) and it cost me $27! I should have told her no, but I am a big wuss when it comes to stuff like that. I guess I read the $$ chart wrong.

Everyone have a great weekend and talk to you tomorrow!

gma22
10-16-2004, 08:35 AM
SATURDAY: today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share?

Sandyg: Until your landlord can get your softener working, go to the store in the detergent section and get a box of Calgon water softener to do your washing in. We have an artesan well here in Memphis and our water is pretty soft actually, but try it. I can't help much with skin and hair issues, but this will help clothing.

Have a good weekend girls

gma22
10-17-2004, 10:26 AM
no silly poll this week!

Hope everyone is having fun this weekend!

gigglez
10-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Morning everyone.

Faye, I have thought about using Calgon but I am afraid that it wouldn't help as I have iron and suffer in my water. Although we both think that this softner is about where it should be. I have ran 4 washers full of hot water to try to get the lines clear. The cold is going pretty good for now, but still have to get the hot where it needs to be at.
I have decided to give the South Beach a shot. I offically started on it today. Here's to much success. I did great on weight watchers but right now it is a little hard for me to figure out points and I have forgotten many of the pt values that I had memorized. I am going to give this my best shot.
As for the issues with "the change". Wish that I could offer some good advice but I am sticking to HRT. I have went without it for about 3 months and then nothing worked for me. I loved the progestron cream but unfortantly it isn't recomended to use with a heart problem. So after I had used it for awhile I had to end it. Faye, are you using the cream 4xs a day? I found that worked best for me. Also it this compounded by a place that does this or is it something that you might have gotten at a place like GNC. I know for the max effect it is best to get it compounded, that way you can have the doesage adjusted to meet your needs.
Time to get ready to hit the road. Work is calling.

Here's to a sunny day to all

sandy

mscat816
10-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi Lovelies!

I apologize for being MIA for so long - so busy at work and other obligations - also getting ready for dh to come home from Germany this week. Well, he came home yesterday (Saturday) and I am sooo glad. He was so pleased with the sunroom - not the same as looking at pictures.

No weight loss to report this week - but I am hanging in - still not managing my points consistently - but no binges lately! :D I did :tread: Friday and Saturday for over 25 minutes. Concentrating on mastering exercising everyday and getting water in this week. Those are my areas of weakness. This week I have been mastering a fourth component to successful weight loss - adequate sleep. It has done wonders for my energy level and I believe it is a contributing factor to maintaining weight when I am not doing so well with plan, water, and movement. There is some great research on the effect of sleep on metabolism and weight loss.

I have been continuing to keep up with your posts when I am on the treadmill. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

mscat816 :wave:

Amanda Panda
10-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

Been MIA also - I've caught another bug (or maybe the same one come back with a vengeance :devil: ). Both me and Nige are full of head cold and aches and pains - boo!

I've not yet got back on track with my eating and I've also not been swimming because I've been ill so have been feeling very sorry for myself. :(

However, I am in the process of sorting myself out - I went shopping and bought lots of healthy food, and I've been going through all my old slimming magazines and writing out lots of low fat recipes (still got lots to do). Now all I have to do is get myself into that kitchen and get cooking!

I have a prayer request - please pray for the health of my dad and brother. My brother has had a couple of fits and gets the results of his brain scan on Tuesday. My dad suffered sudden memory loss yesterday - completely out of the blue, he forgot that he is moving house and that my brother had just moved out. A nurse has said that it was probably brought on by stress, but I'm worried it may be something more serious. I suppose we all have to come to terms with our parents getting older and their health failing - but my dad is only 67 and is usually so strong and fit. having a 'spell' like this is just completely out of character for him, so it's given us all a bit of a scare. I'm probably worrying unnecessarily, but I don't want to lose him yet.

Thanks girls,

Love Amanda x

gigglez
10-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Evening everyone.

Ok day one is a 4ptr. Here goes one step at a time. MsCat so glad that dh is home. Enjoy it. Amanda I hope that you and Neige fell better soon. Also I will put your brother and father in my prayer. Going to get going time to sleep.

hugs
sandy

gma22
10-18-2004, 08:40 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to get back on track where we have "jumped" off. Let's work hard to coordinate all aspects of our program and get back to 4 pt days again!

Amanda: Hope you are feeling better soon. Chicken soup truly is great for a cold! Get lots of liquids in you. I will pray for your family members right away.

SandyG: Rust is a horrible problem and isn't always solved with a water softner so be careful about it when you get it going.

MsCat So glad hubby is back home for awhile at least! Give him a big hug from all of us!

Gotta get going girls

Mirabelly
10-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Morning Ladies,
Phew, it feels like afternoon already. I got up at 5am to get in a couple hours of writing before the kids got up. I found I really can't write when they are around bugging me. And 2 hours in the morning when Ben is at school isn't really enough. So early mornings it is! :coffee:

I must be pmsing because I just wanted to eat everything in sight this weekend. Not good. But it seems to have passed, so all is well. I have done my pilates a couple more times. It is so quick, it doesn't even feel like I'm exercising...until the next day that is.

Amanda, I hope you and Nige get better soon. And my prayers are with your family.

MScat, enjoy having hubby home! I know you will :D

Faye, if you do decide to go the yoga route, please make sure you take a couple of classes first. Videos are great, but you are probably going to need to modify at first and a tv can't help fix your form. There really is no replacement for a live teacher. It may even be worth your while to just take a private class or two. That way the instructor can focus only on you, your form, your modifications, and she can tailor a routine specifically for menopause symptoms. BTW, there are a number of good yoga videos out specifically for menopause. So once you get the hang of it, a video will probably be all you need.

Well, gotta fly now. Here's to a four point week!

TTFN.
Julie

Sandybrat
10-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Hello Beautifuls... i have been away for a while as well... I am in Green Bay still.. will be heading home this afternoon. Saturday night we had a surprise party for my brother(he turned 30) and he was soooooooooooo surprised...LOl then yesterday i went to my cousin Liz's wake... the cancer finally got the best of her and she passed away on Friday morning... This is the worst funeral i have been thru... i practically ran outta the church crying and had to sit ont he steps and try to calm myself down... i was hyperventalating... i jsut couldnt stop crying... today is the funeral mass and i am hoping i can do better... Theres just so many memories... and yet i wasnt this messed up when my brother died... is that wrong?? why am i feeling assbackwards here... Or is it just everything finally catching up with me... i have no clu... but i feel as tho i could just cry for days..; maybe i need a good cry... who knows... She was only 41... my age ... but at least shes no longer in any pain... and tehre was so much of it at the end... thanks for letting me get this off mychest ladies... not like u have a choice but its good to get it out... Havent been keeping track of points... but i have been good with my eating... so not counting any for the last 3 days... Hope everyone has a great day... my love to u all... Amanda i will keep you and your family in my prayers...
God Bless...
Sandy

gma22
10-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Julie: Thanks for the yoga info!

SandyB: I think that every time we have to go through some type of grieving, previous passings sneak up on us and just pile in with the grieving for the person so it is not unusual for you to really take your cousin's passing hard. You are still grieving for your own brother and it comes back and slaps you in the face when someone else dies even if you don't realize it. My fil have been dead 30 years and I still grieve for him especially at the holidays. I was only married to Jack for 3 years when cancer took him and he was an exceptional man and I miss him very much and miss that he not only never knew he has more than one grandchild (my son was 2 when his granddaddy died) and never got to see his great grandson. In fact, none of our parents ever got to see Thomas. My mother was the last of the 4 to pass and she died 4 months before my dd got married. So, don't think yourself too weird that you broke up, it just comes flooding back.

I am doing great today even with the rain outside! I am back on track and feeling pretty good, though I gave up the dr phil thing and have gone back to my own fat and calorie program. His program made me sick. I had a lot of diarhhea with his program and headaches. The minute I went back to just fat a calorie counting my digestion improved and the headaches went away? Weird, I know! I just have to stay very focused and keep looking forward and making goals to achieve then not get down about my physical stuff.

Everyone have a great day.

gma22
10-19-2004, 06:30 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is exercise! Let's make sure we get in 4-5 days a week and vary it some. Remember to build muscles with strength and toning using weights! Your body will thank you for it!

Morning girls! It is thundering and lightening here so I will hurry this off and check in later.

gigglez
10-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Morning everyone.

Just wanted to check in briefly before it was time to get ready for work. Sandy, I agree with Faye about the grieving thing. Julie, I understand about getting up before the youngins do to get in writing. I must agree early morning do suck but hey at least you get in your work. I think that I qualify as an expert on the early mornings. The weekends have sorta been getting to me lately and I was praying for the fulltime position with Keebler but I found out last night that a friend of mine that works for Pepsi got the job. She has had at least 15yrs with that company so I can understand why she got it. There is still the opptunity with Frito Lays that I am hoping for. You know it is pretty bad when you get to the point that you really don't care about things anymore. I know that 90 percent is because of the lack of rest and the other 10 percent is just the fall/winter thing creaping in. Sunday was a 4 pt day, yesterday was OP and got in my water. No exercise as I think that I am getting auther in both of my hips and was in too much pain to exercise last night. At least today I will be very active have to work both jobs. Rambled on long enough time to shower and get up my critter for school. Here's to suuny thought today

sandy

Satine
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Hello all !!! Well with all the stress of the house I have been pigging out for about a week and have gained a couple of pounds, but today am back OP and strong, till stressed again, ha ha :lol:

So we did end up signing the papers for our house on Friday, it is sold!!! And we started the ppwk for the one we wanted, so it looks like it might all work out so far...we have the inspection on our house next week so keep your fingers crossed that it goes well, it worries me, but our house is only 7 years old so shouldnt be too bad...

Sorry I cannot do individual responses as I have not been in the loop, hope you are all doing great on your programs and all...talk to you soon, have a great week !!!

Mirabelly
10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Morning Ladies...oops, afternoon!

I did so well yesterday, and then I realized this morning that I totally forgot to drink any water...DOH! So 3 points for me yesterday. I bought another pilates dvd which has 3 levels of difficulty on it. So I should be all set for a while.

I was up at 4:30 this morning and got all but about 2 pages of my writing done for the day. I can finish this after dinner easily. Think I'm catching a cold...need to get some more vity c in me.

Sandy--so sorry about your loss (es). Let yourself grieve, holding it in will only make you sick. My dh's mother died at 41 of cancer, too. He was still in high school. He misses her very much. I wish I could have met her.

Carrie--Glad everything's working out on the home front...I HATE those :censored: inspections. Because they always find SOMETHING wrong. And it's always stupid stuff. Well except when we sold our 200 year old farmhouse last year and had 1800's wiring that was still live! If the insurance had known.... :lol: You'll get through it, don't worry.

Other Sandy--hope you get a great job soon!

Ok, gotta go now. Lots to do.
Julie

gma22
10-19-2004, 02:35 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyG :bravo: :cp:
Julie :doh: :cp:
Faye :bravo:

Carri: I know you are thrilled about selling the house. Your inspection will go fine I am sure so don't worry. You have to be excited about getting another house though!

Julie: Like I told Amanda, do your chicken soup! :lol: Hope you feel tip top soon!

SandyG: Sorry you didn't get the job. I am sure there is something perfect for you out there and you will find it soon. As for the depression type thing, I am sure it will work itself out. Try hard to get more sleep for one thing then don't let things bother you, they will all work out in the end!

It was thundering and lightening this am so didn't walk but did clean the downstairs and got a lot of exercising doing that. I may try and get out this afternoon if the weather is clear. I went around and blew out the candles downstairs and with the last one I blew hot wax all over my face and into my hair! :( That was tough getting it out of my hair and I don't seem to be burned thank goodness. What a dumb thing to do I guess!

As soon as the holidays are out of the way, I am finally starting my own business. I have checked into a lot of things and finally found something I think I am going to love to produce, can do it in my home and because I myself love the product think I will be good at selling it. I am going to make soy candles. I talked at length with dh and we decided to not doing any selling until the holiday season next year and in the mean time I can perfect my candles and get supplies up. I will eventually do a website too and when Jack is able to retire from the city, we may do craft shows around the country a little, who knows? I only know that when I went to the Christmas show with my dd last week, NO ONE was selling candles. Anyway, it is a way for me to have something to do and make money and like I told another friend, if they don't sell I can use the inventory! :lol:

Everyone have a wonderful day. I am off to the shower

Sandybrat
10-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello beautifuls... thanks for the words of kindness and the support... and it makes perfect sense... its just never easy to deal wtih grieving...
Sandy i hope things work out for u with a new job...and i totally agree with Faye.. try to get more sleep and try not to worry about things... something will come along and be perfect.
Carrie good luck on your inspection...
Julie... wtg on your writing... im proud of you
Faye.. thanks for making me feel normal...lol altho i am not quite sure of the meaning of that word...lol And good luck on starting your own business... i am thinking of doing the same... starting my own business... selling Mary Kay... i too love the product and use it myself.. so what the heck.. lets give this a shot. I have my parenting with love and logic class again tonight... looking forward to it... i think hubby is taking the kidlets to Kentucky this weekend to look for a place for him and show them around... and to see gramma and grampa. Im not sure what i am going to do... i may go back to green bay as there is a benefit for Liz this saturday... but i am not sure. Hope you all have a great day and i will check in later... love to u all...
take care of U
Sandy

gigglez
10-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Evening chickies.

Another 4 pt day! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Faye, good luck with the candles. I know that you will be a success.
Sandy, too bad that you are not comming to Ky we could have gotten together for lunch or something. THat would have been fun I think.
Julie, make sure that you get plenty of rest as well.

Going to get time for sleep. Everyone have a great evening

sandy

gma22
10-20-2004, 06:56 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

later girlys

Mirabelly
10-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Morning Girlies,

Faye, how on EARTH did you blow wax INTO your face??? :lol: :lol3: I know it's not funny, but MOST humans exhale AWAY from their bodies!!!! Glad to hear you're not hurt!

Yesterday was another 3 pointer, because I didn't get the exercise in. I am noticing that my hands are bonier, though...I think this getting up at 4:30 am thing is making me burn more calories. It's weird, but I know I was sleeping too much before. I'd get 9 hours at night, and then I'd always take a nap during the afternoon. The nap thing is a habit that I started when all the kids were babies, and I needed the sleep. But it's so ingrained after 10 years, that even when I'm not sleepy I automatically head upstairs to lie down around 1pm. So, now I'm getting 6 or 7 hours at night and I don't feel guilty taking an hour nap in the afternoon. I feel better, have more energy...and I really like getting so much done before anyone even wakes up. DH thinks I'm crazy...but that's nothing new.

No woes today that I can think of....

So TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-20-2004, 03:09 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
SandyG :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

Just thought I would peek in and see what's going on, but looks like everyone is busy. I have felt icky today, but am staying OP and went for a walk this am, which was tough again today. Maybe it is my new shoes. I had to go and buy new ones a couple weeks ago so maybe I am getting used to them or something. I just feel so worn out walking. Anyway, nothing serious!

Julie: How the heck do I do half the stupid things I do? The candle was on the fireplace mantal and instead of taking it down, I just blew on it and it splashed back at me somehow. It took me forever to get the wax off the mantal, which was the worst part. Hope your book is coming along and that is probably how come you have skinny fingers! :lol:

I guess I should go and check the roast. I can smell it clear up here

Faye

gma22
10-21-2004, 07:22 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #87