100 lb. Club - Celina and Howie’s Three Week Plan-A-Palooza

howie6267
10-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Come in and join us to stay on plan for three weeks. Celina reminded me it only takes three weeks to start a new habit. So we have both decided to stay on plan for three weeks. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. I thought I would start this thread for a check in place. Thanks for your encouragement Celina.

On another note I got my new walking shoes in the mail today and what do you know they work. I walked a mile with Leslie Sansone today. By the end of this week I will also be a member of the Y.M.C.A and plan on starting workouts 3 times a week next week.

lessofsarahtolove
10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
WOO HOO, HOWIE!!!! :cp: :cp: :cp: I'm really excited about this!! What a great idea you both had to start this thread as well!

Go, Howie and Celina! :cheer: I promise I'll be keeping an eye on you guys to give support where I can! I'm really excited for both of you.... :hyper:

teapotdynamo
10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Howie,

I'm pulling for you & Celina, too!

If you're like me, I think you'll find that once you start exercising all the time, it'll be easier to stay on plan. What do you plan to do at the Y? Taking classes? Swimming? Weights? Fun (oh my god, did I just say "exercise" and "fun" in the same paragraph? The old me is aghast!)

Jen
10-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey I"m with ya Howie!!! I"ve been off plan for about 5 days now, just went to the gym for the first time this week today. I need to stop letting myself slack off on the weekends in particular. I have this wall chart that I'm supposed to fill in daily and I had to X off 5 days because I have no clue what I ate or drank, all I know is that it was probably not good and I know I didn't workout or exercise at all. Very, very bad. So I need this little reminder to get myself back in the swing of things.

howie6267
10-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the support.

Jennifer I am mainly going to get into some water classes that they have. No strain on the back. I would also like to do some light weight lifting for the arm flab and then get some use out of the treadmil. I will know more once I see what they have.

I have done really well so far today.

Grilled chicken sandwich 360 cal.
Small bowl of chili. 200 cal.
Subway roastbeef with light mayo and all the veggies 900 cal.
Total of 1460 calories.

So I still have 340 left. My weakness is when I get off work. I go past all the fast food. I am feeling really strong right now but if I feel weak when I get off tonight I will go home a different way.

Br00klyn
10-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Howie!!! Alright buddy, we CAN do this and we will... I just got home from work.. was not going to work out but 2 things are encouraging me #1 - My Tae-Bo Cardio Video just arrived #2 - You've started this thread so the pressure is on!

So, anyways, great idea.. and we'll do this for 3 weeks straight. I do have to tell you that I've planned on eating my thanksgiving dinner this weekend (i'm in Canada), but I will stay low-cal all day and still get in my exercise and water.

Anyways hun, I'm gonna go get dinner in the oven... and try out this Tae-Bo! I will check in within a couple hours with an update of how today went! WOO HOO!

Thanks to everyone for your support! It appears as though we really need it right now!

Br00klyn
10-06-2004, 11:51 PM
So, Im back for my Day #1 Check-In!

It went great, 4 points! :D I had all my water plus more... I'm 300 cals under my MAX. limit of 1800.. however I usually aim for 1600. AND, I did 25 mins of my new Tae-Bo video.. It was so hard as it was a little discouraging but I'll keep with it and within a while I'm sure I'll get the "moves down". :D

How did the rest of your day go Howie?

SwimGirl
10-06-2004, 11:53 PM
yay, go celina!! :) And Howie!!

missaprylj
10-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm in.

Exercise. Six a.m. Mon-Friday. Urgh. :P

jkfla
10-07-2004, 12:52 AM
i'm in. didn't get exercise in today but i watched a small bit of the pilates video... does that count? LOL i had a good day. only went over by 3 points... i planned to work those off but i tripped and busted my forehead open on the corner of my headboard. LOL so i'm going to take it easy for now. tomorrow i will make up for it.
i got all my water, veggies and calcium in today.

Br00klyn
10-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Kudos to you ladies for jumping in! :cp:

Shelly - Sorry to hear about your head.. Are you feeling better?

SwimGirl
10-07-2004, 01:33 AM
I have my first weigh in of my October plan.. I am excited.. sorta.. I say this as I am eating skittles.. never a good sign of a diet!!

Celina did good.. yay... our chat kicked you into high gear, I'm very happy :)

jkfla
10-07-2004, 01:37 AM
hi celina. yeah i'm fine. i'm just super pissssssed. LOL

Fitbabe
10-07-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm in! Today was good - 1400 cals and 45 min of exercise - I still have 2 glasses of water to go, so I'll drink those while I watch TV tonight.

howie6267
10-07-2004, 03:12 AM
I did great today. I finished out with 5 calories to spare of my 1800 allowed. I am not so sure I will do all my excercises this three weeks. My main goal is to keep the eating under control.

Thanksgiving dinner yummmm. I think you shold allow for that day to be a little off plan I know I will when it comes our turn.

Hope your feeling better Shelly.

Glad to see other joining in. This will be great for all of us.

jkfla
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
i'm fine thanks. i can't wait til thanksgiving! i'm making a deal with myself that if i stay totally OP til then, then on thanksgiving i get to stuff myself silly! LOL

today i tried that new 7up. its good but it tastes kinda like flat pop, i hope i just got an old bottle and not all of it tastes flat. but its only 25 calories for a 20 bottle and has vitamin c and calcium in it.

i'm going to have my 4 point breakfast after while, today i'm having a black forest yogurt shake. yummy!

for lunch i think i'll have a chicken breast sandwich or soup.

i have no idea what i'm going to do for dinner.

i started using weight commander a few days ago and i'm down 5 pounds since i started using it.

today i plan on getting some walking and pilates in. i watched part of the video and it looks like i can do most of the stuff i saw on there but we'll know for sure after i try it.

it sounds like everyone is doing really well. keep up the good work guys!

Jen
10-07-2004, 12:24 PM
I had a pretty good day yesterday, did my exercising and my diet was good. I managed to stay away from cookies/crackers/bread that is my downfall. So far today I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and have already been to the gym. I'm getting to the point where I look at junky snack food and think to myself that I didn't kill myself at the gym so that I could eat this crap and remain fat. that is usually good enough to keep me from scarfing it down!

nelie
10-07-2004, 12:32 PM
I feel TOM creeping up and it is one reason I am glad that I am taking the pill because I can always tell when it is coming. The cravings have already started and I am fearing the grocery store at the moment ;) I was thinking about cheesecake yesterday and chocolate and UGH. I'll keep strong.

howie6267
10-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Another day gone and another day on plan. I still have 150 calories left. I am thinking a cold beer sounds really good. Can't wait for tomorrow. I look forward to staying on plan. I have that bug that tells me I am going to do it. Thank you Celina for getting me off my duff and back on track. I needed that extra shot in the arm.

lessofsarahtolove
10-08-2004, 12:48 AM
You guys are doing GREAT! I'm really proud of you and know you can keep it up! :grouphug:

Fitbabe
10-08-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm still on plan - 1600 cals and doing my pilates later this evening. Also need to finish up my water. I always seem to drink half my water before bed - no wonder I get up so early in the morning!!

jkfla
10-08-2004, 01:55 AM
well, today was OP but not as good as it could have been. i went over by about 8 points. i'm not doing what i said i would do and i feel like such a huge freaking liar!

tomorrow is a new day and another day to get it right. i plan on doing each video i have at least once. i'm going to keep working on the dance video and the pilates until i can get it down. may take a while and i might be 89 before it happens but darn it, it WILL happen!!!

i got all my water, calcium and veggies in so that's good... AND i didn't have any sweets!

Br00klyn
10-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Good Job Everyone! WOOHOO! 2 days down... 19 to go! :coach: WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE!

As for me, it was another good day... I was at 1695 calories, with 25% fat intake ( my goal is under 30). :) Didn't get as much exercise as I should have, but I got off the bus 1 stop early... plus I did the 5 flights of stairs 5 times.. so I'm counting that. Did get all my water though. And, i'm headed to the gym on Saturday to get back into that routine. Yippee!

Howie - Where are you? How was Day #2? I'm expecting a full report... :chin:

SwimGirl
10-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Yah, so I'm sucking royally at this! I ate.. well.. pizza today, and lasagna today, can you tell what my TOM cravings are? This is the WORST too, because I skipped it last month ( was away.. didn't want to deal with it, so my doc said to take my pill back to back), anywho, I can feel the bloat! Tomorrow is my official weigh in for my little "october-fest" plan.. keep your fingers crossed for me (I'm feeling and looking all bloated.. ick..). Good job everyone.. :)

Jen
10-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Today was very good as far as diet and exercise goes. Me and the hubby had a huge blowout and I managed to cope without scarfing a million calories. Today I've been to the gym already and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elipital machine. I love that machine. It totally kicks your butt. My quads just start crying but I did a slow 10 minutes except for 2 minutes where I tried to go as fast as I could, good for some interval training. Anyway he's going to be away til late Sunday nite or Monday morning so I will probably be able to stay OP as far as diet goes. I've got my little guy all weekend so I probably won't be going to the gym, they have daycare but he's never been and he's not even that great when I drop him off at regular daycare. But I"ll get some exercise in with him by going for some walks. Have a great weekend everyone!

howie6267
10-08-2004, 01:03 PM
You most of missed my post above Celina. I updated last night. Things are going great. Good job everyone. For those who are struggling keep trying you can do it. It sure helps having this site and all of you great people for support.

lessofsarahtolove
10-08-2004, 03:41 PM
For those who are struggling keep trying you can do it. It sure helps having this site and all of you great people for support.
((((((((Howie))))))))

:grouphug: Love this group!

howie6267
10-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks Sarah I could use a hug after today. Rough day at work. I did good eating though. I am under my 1800 for the day. So three days down.

Fitbabe
10-09-2004, 02:45 AM
Today was okay. I'm TOMing big time so I feel like a big bloated sloth. I ate okay, actually struggled to get 1200. Will do pilates tonight after Joan of Arcadia. Still OP anyway.

lessofsarahtolove
10-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Sounds like everyone's doing great and fighting the good fight! :cp: :cp: You guys kick some major culo! ;)

Br00klyn
10-09-2004, 01:42 PM
WooHoo! :cp: Everyone's doing great! :bravo:

As for me, Day #3 was another success - I did have a chocolate bar at a friends last night, however it was still within my calories for the day. So, in total I was 100 cals. under, got in all my water.. and walked. :D

I can't believe i'm doing it.. I knew I could get back on plan, I just knew it. ;)

howie6267
10-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Good for you Celina. Sounds like this is what we both needed. We went to Ryans Steak house today. It's an all you can eat buffet. I was soooo good. I had a big plate of salad with lots of veggies on it and used low fat dressing. For the main course I had grilled chicken breast, green beans and sliced tomatoes. Oh and one small piece of pork. I also had a serving spoon of apple cobbler and a little ice cream on top. I am pretty good at guessing the calories and I am pretty sure that I only had 900 calories.

The only reason I did so good at a place like that is because of the support I've been getting here. It sure felt nice coming out of a buffet knowing I did right.

lessofsarahtolove
10-09-2004, 08:18 PM
God, Howie.....that's like walking into the gaping maw of **** and then strolling out drinking a nice, refreshing glass of lemonade! :lol: YOU GO!!!! I'm really proud of you Howie....I'm sure there must have been a lot of pressure/temptation to overeat, and you did a phenomenal job resisting it! Awesome news, Mr. H!

Just an FYI, on the topic of eating out, I went out to lunch at Applebee's yesterday for a departing coworkers' going away party (my first time there,) and I was SO HAPPY to see that they had some really great OP selections, with the calories, fat and fiber named for each!

And you, Celina -- sounds like you're doing just beautifully also!! :cp: :cp: Under by a hundred calories is great.....and you exercised too! It's one day at a time, girlfriend, it really is. 3 days into the building of your new habits, how do you feel?

nelie
10-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I wish I liked Applebee's, but I went there once and didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back ;) Of course I don't eat out often anymore.

lessofsarahtolove
10-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I wish I liked Applebee's, but I went there once and didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back ;) Of course I don't eat out often anymore.
I don't either!! I'm so serious about monitoring my food -- not just calories and fat, but TYPE of fat, and sodium, and sugar.... :blah:.....and I really focus on eating almost all whole foods, so that kinda rules out the whole, "Hey hon, let's go out and grab a bite to eat" thang, ya' know? :lol: But I was pleased to be able to order a salad with chicken and know that it had only 200 calories.....and the flavor wasn't bad! Now as to overall nutritive substance and quality? Hmmm, well let's say that I made up for it at dinner. But really I was VERY happy with my experience -- could have been a lot worse!

SwimGirl
10-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Swiss Chalet (possibly a Canadian thing?) lists fat content, calories and fibre too, and their food is ALMOST as good as mine. I eat out probably at LEAST one meal a day, sometimes 2, and once or twice I am known to eat ALL meals out. The only thing that keeps me even slightly OP is the grocery store next to my work, where I can have some fruit and veggies in my mix. I wish I had the time to eat at home, but I've been known to leave the house at 7:30am and get home at 8pm, this is only 3 days a week though.. I just don't know how to fit in exercise, and making meals in all of that!

Great job on staying OP Celina et all :) This is totally the hardest time of year to be good, the days are getting shorter, and our bodies were once programmed to put on weight for the winter months. So this is a great running start to winter! Now if that darn sun would come out, or at least it could stop raining for a second, I'd be set myself :)

howie6267
10-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the kind words Sarah. As for me day four is over I am done eating for the day and have made good choices all day long.

Four days in and feeling stronger everyday. This thread has helped me so much. I really feel good after today. I am on cloud nine.

The reason we went to the buffet was because we took my mom out to look at the fall leaves. We were going to go to a nice restaurant that we had found on a drive last year. Well we get there and they have closed down. So while driving around we see Ryans Steak House (All you can eat buffet) and my mom say's I've always wanted to try that. Kimberley said well we can't be good there and then the challange was on. I said I can be good there. I was good she was not so good but she is trying and has been good all week.

I am feeling really strong now. It is so true that each battle you win makes you stronger.

howie6267
10-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Oh I fogot. Nelie we make it a rule to at least give a restaurant two chances. Anyone can have a bad day or it might not be a dish we like. Applebees has some great food. I love going there. I have had a couple of dishes there that I would never order again. Such as there low cal pasta that they used to have. They no longer offer it and I can see why. So give them another try. They have a great weight watchers menu.

Br00klyn
10-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks to everyone for such strong support! It truly means a lot and is helping out in a HUGE way! :grouphug:

Howie, look at us go! :D You're doing fantastic.. I have to give you super kudos for walking in to an all you can eat buffet and still staying on plan. :bravo: It takes 1 very strong human being to do that, you know?! And I don't know if I would have been so strong.. Looks good on ya bud! ;)

As for me, Day #4 was alright.. on track with food when it comes to calories, but was a little over 30% fat intake. Got in my water.. however, I didn't exercise today.. I worked an overtime shift at work for some extra cash, then came home and cleaned and made dinner.

Tomorrow is my big thanksgiving dinner at my mom's, I plan on doing Tae-Bo before we go... and even though I'm sure my fat will be over the 30%.. I think my calories will end up being close. I will enter the foods when I get home and see how I did, regardless if its good or bad. I plan on eating what I want for dinner... Mmmmm, turkey and gravy. :D

As for Monday, its thanksgiving dinner at Steve's parents... Much easier to stay on track as I would have already had my big turkey dinner my mom's way so I'll eat much lighter at their place.

Good Luck for tomorrow!

howie6267
10-10-2004, 12:51 AM
You will do great Celina. Enjoy your thankgiving and if you do go over as most of us do on thanksgiving I know you will be back on plan the next day.

Happy Thanksgiving

lessofsarahtolove
10-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I am feeling really strong now. It is so true that each battle you win makes you stronger.
Amen! That's great; I've never heard that, and it's so true. Like building a muscle.

Great jobs, both you guys... bigtime thumbs-up to Howie and Celina! :)

Fitbabe
10-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Wow! Everyone is doing great! I am still OP as well. 1500 cals, drank ALL my water already, and did 30 min of aerobics and 30 min of free weights. Having to be accountable to you all is really helping me! I had a few hours of TOM weakness when I was DYING to make peanut butter cookies, but I did not give in, because I didn't want to have to fess up to it later.

howie6267
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Good for you Lori. I think this thread is keeping a lot of us on track. I'm glad you did not give into your weakness.

howie6267
10-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Another day down and another day on plan. My eating is over for the day and I'm 70 calories under my allotted intake.

lessofsarahtolove
10-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Great job, Howie! :cp: You made it through the weekend!!! :cb:

howie6267
10-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey I did didn't I. It was prefect to. It's been a long time since I have stayed on plan all weekend.

Fitbabe
10-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Great job Howie! I am still on plan too. 1500 cals and 1 hr of exercise - 30 min cardio & 30 min yoga.

howie6267
10-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Day six over for me. I am within my calories for another day. How is everyone else doing?

Fitbabe
10-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Still holding on - had a couple jalapeno poppers today but overall stayed within my calories for the day - 1600 total. Did 30 min of pilates.

Jen
10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Good job making it through the w/e howie. Mine was terrible. I did not get any exercise in but I was okay as far as my diet goes. Still the scale is showing that I am 3 lbs up which I know is water because it is TOM but it is depressing to see nonetheless. Anyway I'm going to hit the gym today before work, that'll make my day brighter.

howie6267
10-12-2004, 12:28 PM
You go Jen. Don't worry about the 3 lbs that will take care of it's self. Just keep on track your doing great.

Jalapeno poppers YUM! I love those things but rarely get them even when I'm not on plan. Don't know why just never think of them. Keep up the good work Lori and don't sweat the poppers I always say everything in moderation. I try not to deprive myself of the foods I like I just cut the portions way back.

Br00klyn
10-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Wow! Well aren't you guys all doing pretty darn good?!?! ;) :bravo:

As for me, well I did have my 2 Thanksgiving Dinner's (my mom's, then Steve's family), and let me tell ya? I soooo enjoyed it and don't even feel a little bit guilty - especially since I've been right back on plan today! :D I know I can do it this time... and I accept "off plan" special days! So, all I will say is to my american friends.. ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER next month.. don't worry about the plan for the 1 full day.. It will be well worth the wait... Alright :lol: I can see this leading to food porn.. so I'll just stop.

So, all in all - Howie, we're still in this thing and look at that.. almost 1 full week down! :D

howie6267
10-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Yep we are doing great and I feel great. I'm glad you enjoyed you Dinners. I know I will mine next month.

lessofsarahtolove
10-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc....these are FAVORITES of mine, so I'm actually sort of happy that I'll be spending that day with "the inlaws," who celebrate the holiday in the Brooklyn Italian American style: meatballs, lasagna, baked clams, and, strangely, baked ham. So I'm ok! A coupla meatballs and lots of salad, a tiny bit of lasagna, and I'll be A-OK. I'm definitely planning on working out that day; I'm going to take one of the WATP DVD's with me and play it on my laptop -- even if it's just the 2-mile 30 min. one, I'll at least know I did it. I'm planning on doing the turkey and stuffing gig at home before or after, but I'll try my best to keep it low cal to a degree that Lorraine can stand :lol: and watch my portions.

I'm really proud of all you guys -- you're doing just great!!

howie6267
10-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Day 7 down and still going strong. The real test will be this week end for me. We are spending the day with our friends and we usally eat when we are together.

Fitbabe
10-13-2004, 03:57 AM
Day 7 = 1300 cals and my new Sweating in the Spirit DVD. I had so much fun I forgot I was working out! Now I'm going to enjoy a couple sugarfree popsicles (15 cals each) before bed.

howie6267
10-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I fogot to post about last night. I had 140 calories left and was starving. Wendys my favorite fast food place is open late. So having no will power to pass it up I stoped as usual. I came away with two not just one but two SALADS not burgers. One salad was for Kimberley. I even got the fat free dressing. I was not even tempted to buy a burger.

nelie
10-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Howie! I think Wendy's is one of my favorite fast food places and one of the reasons is they don't sell onion rings ;) I like onion rings but don't care for fries. Which means if (before I was dieting) I wanted something fast foodish, then I would stop there for a burger and a diet coke. I'm not really a big fan of fast food though by nature so it was a rare event even when I didn't care too much about watching what I ate.

Br00klyn
10-14-2004, 01:19 AM
:cheer: :cheer: WEEK 1 WAS A SUCCESS!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Yes people, you heard me?! :coach: WE MADE IT THROUGH 1 FULL WEEK! :cp:

You're all doing fantastic! :D

Howie, look at you go brotha ;) You're doing wonderful and making such good choices! I'm proud.. very proud!

As for my Day #7 - 200 Cals under for the Day, got in my water and headed to the gym and did 30 mins of Cardio for the first time in over a month! WOO! This challenge was a fabulous idea Howie, its exactly what I needed!

:goodluck: Good Luck on Week #2! We're 1/3 of the way there! ;)

howie6267
10-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks Celina but the challenge was your idea I just started the thread. Ditto on day 8 for me. On plan all the way.

Fitbabe
10-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Day 8 - still on plan. 1600 cals and 2 hours of cardio!

Jen
10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
A good day yesterday and good so far today. I got to the gym and did 40 minutes of cardio and a really good weight program.

Br00klyn
10-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Well today was a day... It was a really bad day actually. Last night, I got that speeding ticket.... then this morning on the way to work a huge rock flew at the windsheild of the car and totally cracked it.. Worst thing is, we don't have the money to get a new windshield right now. Since Steve works at a car dealership, we can get it filled for free but its already cracking so we don't know if that's possible. :( And, work was insanely busy.. Had a 2 hr meeting in the afternoon that wasn't very fun...

Finally then I get home, to find Steve sick on the couch... and had ordered pizza for dinner instead of us cooking or going to get groceries. He was somewhat thoughtful and ordered me a pizza with Chicken Breast on it rather than pepperoni and lots of meat... So, I feel guilty.. But, I was 150 cals under for the day.. however my fat % was a little high. However, not to worry, I know I'm doing great and this is just a minor blip. ;)

I'll make a planned grocery list tomorrow while I'm at work... and then go tomorrow night so that no more eating out occurs. :D

howie6267
10-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Sounds like you still did good Celina. What a day I'm proud of you for staying under your calories. It's hard not to pig out when you have rough days.

I was on plan again today. I am having some cravings but I'm not giving in. I would like to limit treat night to once a month now instead of once a week. So I won't have a treat night until the end of the month.

Br00klyn
10-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Awwww.. thanks for your support Howie!

Yes the hardest part is not pigging out when you have those super rough days.. I was even thinking about what I could eat the whole way home and was tempted to do burgers and fries.. but I resisted.. :) We really need to find something else to relieve stress and provide comfort to us the way food does... hmmm, maybe a thought for yet another infamous challenge for next month? :chin: Although, if we could solve eating for comfort, i'm sure we'd be millionaires... :lol:

Jillegal
10-15-2004, 02:05 AM
I'm impressed Celina - the way you started your post (telling us of the adversity you faced) I figured you were leading up to the "I ate for comfort" type of statement and I'd have to pull out all the "awww hon, just put it behind you and move forward" words. But, my sweetie, I read on to find that you resisted temptation and stayed on plan after all - yep, I'm impressed alright - good girl! Oh, and you too Howie, ignoring those cravings and vowing to reduce treat night to once a month - u da man!

Fitbabe
10-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Great job Celina! It was incredibly strong of you not to reach for food after the day you had!

Jen - Good for you for hitting the gym - I hope the rest of your day went just as well.

Howie - Good job fighting those cravings! I know how hard it can be. I keep staring with longing at my skinny husband's ice cream in the freezer. But we will all overcome this together.

I am still on plan. 1300 cals and 40 min of kickboxing for me today.

howie6267
10-15-2004, 10:54 PM
I am really feeling week tonight. I am posting here because I know if I do it will give strength. I am going to get pizza when I get off work. I have enough calories for 1/2 a small. I just want to stuff myself and I'm not going to give in. I will update you later tonight but I know now that I will do just as I said. 1/2 small and 2 beers that's it.

howie6267
10-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Boy it's dead around here tonight. I did just as I said above so another day on plan for me.

Fitbabe
10-16-2004, 03:45 AM
Good for you Howie! Congrats for staying on plan!

I'm still on plan, although my cals were low today. Had a nice dinner planned but I was able to get an appointment to have my hair highlighted during dinner time so I didn't eat. And I don't let myself eat anything other than my sugarfree popsicles after 8. But tomorrow will be better, I promise...

howie6267
10-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks Lori, I never had payed much atention to the eating late thing. The jury is still out for me on that. I've heard some say that it does not matter. There reasoning is if you eat 10,000 calories in a week then your body will still burn the same amount that it would have in that week wether you ate them at night or in the day. I'm not sure though. All I know is that I eat 1 hour before I go to bed all the time and I can still lose weight at a good pace. It may not work for everyone though. Great job staying on plan though.

Leenie
10-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Howie you da man !!!

I really have alot of admiration for you and how far you have come. I just wanted to tell you that you look so handsome in your avitar picture (and yes I did check out your link The H Man - amazing). I hope you realize that your posts inspires alot of people, more than you know.

HUGS!!

howie6267
10-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Thank you I appreciate that Leenie.

As for today I am sorry to say I am over my calories. It was by mistake though. We went out to eat for lunch and I ordered well within my calories, so I thought. I had chicken tenders off there low cal menu and white chili plus the salad bar. I did great at the salad bar. I got a lot of veggies. On the way home I was saying how that was a lot of chicken for 200 calories and that I was not sure if I could trust it. It was 5 strips. Kimberley tells me well it said that the appatizers go by servings and that they are 4 srevings. #@#@#*&^ is what I felt like saying. So now I am already 236 calories over for the day. I might be able to hold out without eating the rest of the day but will most likly have something later. Oh well I am still putting it down as an on plan day. I really thought it was.

SkinnyBoPeep
10-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Howie, that restaurant had a lot of nerve putting 800 calorie chicken strips on their LOW-CAL menu!!! :mad: That's deceptive selling!!

Fitbabe
10-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Howie, that stinks...I agree that it's deceptive to put 800 calorie chicken strips on a low-cal menu. Well, tomorrow will be better, and now you know the truth next time you go to that restaurant!

I am still on plan. 1500 calories, 30 min yoga, and 30 min pilates for me today.

howie6267
10-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Back on plan for today. Yesterday was just that yesterday.

Sandi
10-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Just stopping by to say How great you are all doing!!! Keep it up!!! :D

Fitbabe
10-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Great job Howie! I'm still on plan too. Today was 1500 cals, 30 min aerobics, and 20 min workout for arms.

How is everyone else doing?

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-18-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm so proud of you all! You're really doing great!!

howie6267
10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Amy Jo.

I had another day on plan yesterday. So things are still going really well. I am excited about weighing in next Wednesday.

Leenie
10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Its so hard to trust eating out, and its a shame that they try to pull the wool over our eyes. Well, I guess you can always chalk it up to experience.

Your all doing wonderful !!

Br00klyn
10-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Howie :cp: You're doing wonderful! Good for you! I'm sure you can expect a loss next Wednesday.

As for me, the past couple days were alright... :D Stayed on plan calorie/fat wise, however I did have a couple little treats at a bday party we went to on Saturday night.

Now, today is a different story.... So, yesterday morning, I woke up with this terrible rash all over my face. Used lots of moisturizer and thought that would fix it.. Boy, was I wrong. I woke up this morning and it was worse, red blotches everywhere.. Anyways, I went in to work and it was soooo itchy and burning so I left and went to the doctor's... turns out its an allergic reaction, but the thing is I haven't changed ANYTHING in my life so I have no idea what its from. Anyways, so they gave me some cream and benadryl pills but on my way home I stopped and got McDee's nuggets & fries.. :( I don't know what it is about staying on plan when somethings wrong?! It makes no sense.. as soon as I feel sick or anything, I crave fast food... Probably a comfort thing. However, today was a complete write off but tomorrow is a NEW day! ;)

Annie-Rose
10-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Hope your rash is better soon. Have a great great day tomorrow and keep up the excellent work! You guys are doing wonderfully well! WONDERFULLY WELL!!!!
xxAnnie

howie6267
10-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Hope your rash is getting better Celina and don't worry about the McDonalds just get back at it tomorrow.

howie6267
10-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Another day on plan and I have lost the 12 lbs that I had recently put on. I could not wait to weigh until next week. So total lost now is 59 lbs.

Jillegal
10-19-2004, 02:50 AM
My poor rashy Celina - here's hoping you wake up without a rosy red face! Oh, and did I tell you that word on the street is that chicken mcnuggets out west are made from ground chicken beaks and other unsavoury parts? ;)

Nice one Howie - losing the recent gain and now only a pound away from 60lbs. gone for good!

Annie-Rose
10-19-2004, 02:53 AM
That is excellent Howie my friend!!!
Good going, Good going, Good going!
:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
Here's to the next 12!!! :coffee: Cheers!

Fitbabe
10-19-2004, 04:07 AM
Great job Howie! I am so proud of you! Celina - don't worry about the nuggets. We all have bumps in the road. Just days before we started this challenge I was eating cheesecake! That's why there is a tomorrow - so it can be better than today. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

I am still on plan - 1600 cals and 60 minutes of circuit training!

Br00klyn
10-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Great Job Everyone! :cp: We're starting Week #3... Gosh, time's going sooo quick! Can't wait until next Wednesday when we can all check in with what new habits we've formed..

Thanks for the McNuggets comment Jill - almost made me sick.. But, I can guarantee you I won't be eating those anytime soon. ;)

As for me, the rash has cleared up.. the cream and Benadryll worked great!

Past couple days have been good.. have been on plan with water and eating. Still struggling with the exercise but one thing at a time I guess. ;) Maybe we'll have to have a 3 week Exercise Plan Challenge once this one is done! :D

howie6267
10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Wow I can't believe two weeks down already. I have been doing great this week. All days on plan since Saturday and I am feeling great.

Glad your rash has cleared up Celina.

howie6267
10-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Wow 18 days on plan. Well minus my one little mess up last Saturday. Anway I am feeling great. I am fitting into clothes I could not wear before. I'm at the lowest weight I've been in years. I just feel wonderful. Thanks so much for the idea to start this thread Celina. I've lost 13 lbs so far this month.

lessofsarahtolove
10-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Howie I couldn't be happier for you, my friend...... :cp: :cp: :cp:

Br00klyn
10-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Howie - How's things going bud?

The past few days haven't been very good for me... It was mine & Steve's 4 year anniversary on Friday, so out for dinner. Then I was really sick on Saturday.. worked Overtime on Sunday, forgot my lunch... then co-workers ended up ordering chinese which I ate as I was starving...

However, its not over yet... Reading through the boards tonight and catching up, it seems there's a lot of people off plan... So, Howie my man, I'm thinking we need to lead the pack and start a new challenge... Im trying to come up with some creative ideas for one.. I'll get back to you on that! :D

howie6267
10-26-2004, 12:58 AM
A new challange sounds good to me. I went off plan Saturday but not as bad as I have in the past. Tomorrow ends the three weeks for me. I sayed on plan for 19 of 21 days if I make it through tomorrow. I have been doing really good and it's mainly because of this challange. I hope to at least have a 3 lb loss this week so I can make my goal.

Congrats on the anniversary that's great.