Old 10-06-2004, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Smile Wednesday Chat ~ Oct 6

First of all I hope its ok I posted this ????

I called in sick to work today - I woke up felling like I was gonna cough up a lung......need to wait for the appt line to open at 7am so I can make me an appt.

Side question - is cotton mouth normal .... I am constantly drinking water yet my mouth ALWAYS feels cottony....... anyone else?
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:16 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Mammasita: Yup, it's great that you started the daily thread!!! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. And yup, cotton mouth (and bad breath) are normal. Normally my lips get REALLY dry. Glad you're drinking more water

Well, day 1 OP was good....except I started feeling crappy. Headache, sore throat, crabby and tired. All that and then I had to help DH hang up yet ANOTHER deer. YEAH!! He has the opportunity to give them away....but told him until our freezer has 3 deer (which is what we went through last year) then he's not allowed to. Today, the DD missed the bus. Wouldn't be so bad but I have a little boy that comes every morning to catch a ride here (cuz his parents work and his bro has to go to school before helping him catch the bus) !!! So they BOTH missed it. ARGH!! So of course we had to jump in the car...only to find out the DD didn't have her lunch. LUCKILY that was BEFORE I went tearing out of the driveway after the bus. Spent too long finding her lunchbox (what on EARTH was it doing by the BATHROOM door??) and so it took longer catching up to the bus. Dang thing didn't stop for ANYONE!!! GRR First it comes early...then doesn't stop for regular stops. substitute angry bus drivers!! bad start to a bad day
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  

Talking

Brenda: sorry to hear about the fiasco with the school bus ...... (it took me a few days to realize your screen name was your name - I'm a genius LOL ) I'm sure that lunchbox had a perfectly good reason for being by the bathroom door

So my appt is at 1:45 - I keep calling back to see if I can get in earlier - hopefully something will open up.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:55 AM   #4  
on my way down again

Good morning all!

Mammasita, Sorry you're not feeling well. Glad you got an appt. today.

Brenda, I don't have kids, but you reminded me of my mom taking all the kids to school. Too bad my mom didn't patent her phrase, "Mom's Taxi" There was always one girl who straggled down the street and missed the bus. I think she liked riding with us more. You're a good mom to chase down the bus. LOL

I've stayed OP, EXCEPT I bought some wine for the Atkin's "Creamed Chicken with Mushrooms" recipe...and had one glass. So I suppose that means I blew it Induction wise. But I've eaten only the right foods, so that's a plus from where I've just come from.

I'm trying the one week trial ad-free 3FC.com and LOVE IT!!! I wish I had bought this sooner; It's worth it.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:10 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!

Mama: Hope you fell better soon!!

B- can only get batter from here right??

Barbie: I liked ad free too!

Well our bathroom is getting more and more fixed everyday, it will look so nice after the remodel but dang will it ever end?? Having trouble getting back to op after Vegas, but slowly weaning myself off carbs again so I don't get the dreaded headache, after having a cold last week I don't think I can do the headache!!

Off to work!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Mamasita: Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Brenda: Congrats on being OP!

Barbie: Ooh! That recipe sounds so tasty! Have you made it yet? Did you like it?

TG: I totally understand what you mean about slowly getting back on track. Those headaches are miserable.

Well, it sounds like a lot of others, I am slowly trying to get back on track. Yesterday was an OP day, I just ate too much. I don't know why I'm making this so hard. I did this for months with no problems, and now I am really struggling to stay somewhat on track.

Probably not exercising has been a big part of the problem. If I exercise, I feel like I have to stay OP so I don't mess up the work I just did. So, I'm going out for a walk/jog today.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #7  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all- I feel like a big schmoo today so get ready for my vent!

Mamasita- my mouth doesnt get dry but I get a distinct coppery taste- gum for dry mouth helps but its 1 gram per piece so....

Brenda- lol! I couldnt figure out what you meant about the deer at first....I got a visual of you and your husband in the living room:

B- Ok honey....is he level?
DH- nope, that left antlers gotta come up about 2 inches.....oops too high, pull that right hoof down a smidge......Perfect!

Barbie-Unless its a sweet wine you might be ok- has anywhere from like 3-7 per 4 oz. is that right ladies?

TG-After I split up with my ex a few years ago I went on a remodelling rampage and decided to redo the bathroom floor....When they pulled the toilet I finally realized where **** was located.....down that hole.

Jina-I do that too- mostly OP foods but just WAY too much of them....sometimes I just put all my days food in one place so I know what I have left.....makes me conserve more I think.

(commence vent) Well, I went totally off program last night....and on what?...chocolate? nope. Wine?....nope. Ice cream?....nope. .....spaghetti squash.....yep.
I looked at that big yellow thing that had been in the fridge for a week and thought- "this cant be that good". I cooked it and then threw some chicken, olive oil, onions and parmesan cheese in a skillet.....I loved the way it comes out of the skin like it does...it DOES look like spaghetti! Threw it all together....took a big bite....and preceeded to eat the ENTIRE thing....must have been 4 cups! and if what I read was right, at about 7 grams a cup, I went WAY over.....it's my new favorite food and Im gonna have to be very careful-lol! (/vent)
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Mammasita: When I first came online alot of people had a hard time figuring out I'm a female....let alone that it's my name. Most people don't think backwards like I do Hope you're feeling better and your doc appointment went well!!

Barbie: If a glass of wine is all you've messed up on so far you're doing great!! Keep up the good work!!!

TG: Hope your bathroom is done soon! I'm not looking forward (kind of am, kind of am not actually) to when I get the kitchen done and can start in the bathroom. You'll be back on full program before you know it

Jina: Sounds like alot of us are having problems staying OP. And like you, I've done it for months. So why are we having problems now?

Marie: You have such a great sense of humor. You're always cracking me up. I never helped Dh put up the deer head he stuck in the "dead animal/computer/junk" room. Should I mention it is now sporting a "barbershop quartet" style hat?
Be glad you found something OP you like to eat!! It could have been worse...could have been chocolate!

Well, all my GS stuff is all ready to go. I have to make sure to leave a little earlier so I can get gas in my car (OMG heard the price of gas went up again. I'm afraid to look!!) and get there on time. OH!!! DD had her GS vest on bright and early this morning...I made her take it off to eat breakfast....and then she never put it back on because of that fiasco w/the bus and the rush So I'm bringing it with me. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda: DH and I took a drive up to Carmel last weekend and we stopped in Gorda ( tiny little town just like a postcard, perched right on a cliff over the pacific) one gas station...price $3.79 a GALLON!!!!

ps- can I borrow that hat sometime?
Old 10-06-2004, 03:36 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

My 7 year old just wrote me an e mail from her class at school:

"Mommy, is there a chance I might get a baby brother or sister soon?"

*silence*

When I regained conciousness I wrote back:

"no. see me later for details"
Old 10-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #11  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie.
My 7 year old just wrote me an e mail from her class at school:

"Mommy, is there a chance I might get a baby brother or sister soon?"

*silence*

When I regained conciousness I wrote back:

"no. see me later for details"
too cute!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #12  
on my way down again

Brenda, Thanks. I hoping it just stalled me. If not, I'll have a gain tomorrow. Going off plan seems to take a extra day to hit the scales.

Marie, I dont' know anything about wine...like if white is sweet.

Jina, It's amazing how hard it is to get back OP. We can all do it, I know this.
I'm making it tonight for the first time. I'll let you know tomorrow how it is.

I love this cookbook...Dr. Atkins' QUICK AND EASY NEW DIET COOKBOOK by Dr Atkins and and his wife Veronica "Companion to Dr. Atkins New diet Revolution" copyright 1997 (cover price $12.95) I highly recconmend this cookbook.

Creamed Chicken with Mushrooms
("tastes like the traditional toast accompaniment...w/o the toast")

1 whole boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp crumbled dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/2 half cup heavy cream
1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Season the chicken with the thyme, salt, and pepper. heat 2 Tbsp of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the foam subsides. Add the chicken and saute' about 3 minutes, until light golden. Add the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken-mushroom mixture from the skillet and reserve.

Add the remaining Tbsp of butter to the skillet and saute' the shallots, stirring occaisonally, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and stock to the skillet. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, making sure to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the cream and gently simmer for another 5 minutes. Return the reserved chicken-mushroom to the skillet, add the parsley, and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.

serves two Total carbohydrates: 11.6 grams
per serving 5.8 grams
Old 10-06-2004, 05:26 PM   #13  
on my way down again

Quote:
DH and I took a drive up to Carmel last weekend and we stopped in Gorda ( tiny little town just like a postcard, perched right on a cliff over the pacific) one gas station...price $3.79 a GALLON!!!!
I think Carmel and that area is one of the most beautiful places in California. I haven't been there for years. Now I want to go. Wow $3.79/gal. I thought ours was high at $2.39/gal. for reg. up here.

Last edited by Barbie101; 10-06-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

I don't know a whole lot either Barbie...When I go tasting the first technical question I ask isn't red or white but "what wine will give me the best buzz?" ( inside joke to wine folks) honestly, I dont have a clue BUT....muscat is on the sweet end ( yummy) and a dark merlot is on the dry end....zin is in the middle and chardonnay is kinda dry ( not sweet) if you like house wine ( like a white zin or a light red) its pretty much low carb....ok, now even I'm confused.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #15  

Quote:
I looked at that big yellow thing that had been in the fridge for a week and thought- "this cant be that good". I cooked it and then threw some chicken, olive oil, onions and parmesan cheese in a skillet.....I loved the way it comes out of the skin like it does...it DOES look like spaghetti! Threw it all together....took a big bite....and preceeded to eat the ENTIRE thing....must have been 4 cups! and if what I read was right, at about 7 grams a cup, I went WAY over.....it's my new favorite food and Im gonna have to be very careful-lol! (/vent)
I have the same issue with spaghetti squash. Tried it once, now I love the stuff. I figure there are worse things I could eat, so eat I do. Hint: boil it for about 15-20 minutes rather than the oven, it's quicker and tastes the same. Reheats in microwave really well also.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote