Support Groups - SAHM's #265 Monday

View Full Version : SAHM's #265 Monday

mamawithdreams
10-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Welcome Jessica!!!!! I am Melissa or Mel SAHM of 2 Abigail...4...and Patrick (bugga)...2. THis is a wonderful group of women. I know you'll love it here.

Good Morning Ladies!

Michelle, you poor thing. I can't believe you ran out of gas...that really bites, big time. Thank goodness you only had to walk 3 blocks. Were they big blocks? I bet you wish you froze your butt off ...lol. I always say that. I wish it really froze and fell off, then that would be one trouble spot I didn't have to work on...lol Hope you got some sleep last night.

Spryng, Ahhhhh on the kittens. I am a kitten lover myself, they are just tooo cute. I bet the kids can't stop playing with them. When do you hear about that job? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Crystal, how r u this morning? did you get any sleep? I'm sorry, I didn't get those clothes out to you. I will try tomorrow. With dh away and all it was a tough weekend. I had a baptism that I had to be at early and I got us all showered dressed in our Sunday best and packed up and out the door before 9:45a.m. Anyway, I will try to get that packed up and out to you. What kind of Winter does your area of texas have. I don't want to send you anything too heavy if you don't need it. Does it get cold? LMK

Cindi, did you finish that wonderful coctail? Were you up all night after drinking it? I hope you are feeling well today.

Ricci, Congrats on the 7lb loss. You are doing awesome. Cool on the Avon products too. Hope we hear from you again soon.

Leigh, were are you? I hope you get a new computer soon. We miss you.

Kristin, I hope you had a nice weekend. How did Syd's bday party go? LMK.

Geri, how is your job going? What kind of work are you doing? I forget.

Jill, HOw r u? How long is this session of school? Did you have a nice weekend?

Deana, how r u this morn? I bet it's going to be a busier day here. You won't have to miss us that way...lol. I figured though, if I don't get on here now, I won't have much opportunity later. I must go to the gym this morning. I have to go, since I didn't go over the weekend. I don't think I will be going too often on the weekends. Were you the one who said you checked into curves and they had that High initiation fee. That's nuts!!!!! Check to see if they give certain discounts for certain types of health insurance. THe gym I go too, has a 299 dollar fee, but because I have Blue Cross insurance, they gave my only a 49 dollar fee. 251.00 differnce, I take that. I wouldn't have joined otherwise. I feel like you give them that for nothing if you know what I mean. Anyway, check into that or ask them to call you if and when they are offering any specials, like waving the fee or reducing it to 5 or something. they have specials now and then.

Penny, how r u today? Have you exercised yet? I bet you are doing it now, If you havne't all ready. AND IF YOU DIDN"T, I'll have to Kick your butt! BUtt, I don't think I'll have to do that, cause I Know you'll do what you've got to do.

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
I'M A NEW MOMMY AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so not really.....but my chicks hatched over the weekend, starting yesterday. We had 4 hatched when we went to bed last night and this morning we had 16. There are still 2 more working their way out, so I'll be a new mommy to 18 before too long.... :lol: . They are soooooooooooo cute. I'm going to take them into preschool and then the elementary for the boys' classes on Wednesday afternoon. The kids get such a kick out of them. I took some in last time I hatched, which was a year and a half ago.

Penny: Hope you had a nice Sunday. What are the details on the weekly challenge for this week? And am I ineligible since I'm such a sponge on the water anyway... :lol: ? I've been making sure I get 100 oz down every day. I missed by some a couple days last week because of my ear bothering me and being gone, but the last 4 days have been 100. WI is tomorrow, I can't wait.

Spryng: You're a new mommy again too!!!!! Only you have 2 with four legs and I have 18 with two legs... :rofl: . Ricci is right, they pretty much train themselves, you just need to show them where you are going to keep the litter box. It's instinctive. Did you get to read that article? LMK if you need it again.

Geri: Have fun canning those carrots. I really wish I had gotten a better garden this year. Last year I put up soooo many tomatoes I saw red for a month. We had 12 plants last year that produced very, very well. Now.....GET BACK ON PLAN or I'm going to Kansas to pick up Spryng and we'll both come after you...ROAD TRIP!!!!! :D . We all know you can do it. You are right, you didn't work this hard to backslide.

Crystal: So glad you enjoyed Olive Garden. We don't get to go to places like that and Red Lobster partly because of how expensive they are but they are also about 50 miles away from here. 8th baby, I still can't get over that. I have half that many and wouldn't have another if my life depended on it.....lol. I loved being pregnant but these 4 keep me plenty busy.

Chris: Hope Nichole gets to feeling better soon. How soon are they expecting frost there? Hope it's soon. Too funny that dh bought a Jeep. I was readding in Reader's Digest the other day and on one of the things where people send in funny stories, there was one that this guy ws driving behind another vehicle when he noticed the license plate said BAA BAA, then he look up and realized it was on a black Jeep.....BAA BAA BLACK JEEP...... :lol3: . Just tooooooo funny.

Cindi: Glad Christian is back to himself, hope you are too....lol. UGGGGHHHH!!!! on your drinking yesterday. Hope your surgery goes well today. Let us know how it all went. I'll be thinking about you today.

Ricci: :bravo: on the 7 lbs. :goodluck: on finals this week. WTG on the craft fair and Avon stuff. Keep it up girl, you can do it!

Jessica: Welcome!!! I am Deana, 36, almost 37 yo sahm to 4, Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. This is the greatest group of women you will ever meet. This is what keeps me going. I am counting calories, excercising and drinking 100 oz of water daily. Be sure to check in often, as during the week this thread goes wild and it's hard to keep up sometimes.

Michelle: Just count running out of gas as daily excercise ;) . Next time you may think about running out further away from home.... :lol: . And I'm with Mel, I wish mine would just freeze off and go away too. If it gets really cold that may be where you'll find me, trying to see if it will work......LOL.

Mel: I didn't even ask Curves if they took insurance. If they do I'm sure I would have to go to my doc and get a referral or something for being obese. I may have to check into that, thanks for the idea. I do see now and then where they advertise waiving the startup fee, so I may wait to try to catch that too. For now it will be the WATP.

Well, dh is on me to make phone calls for the business so I better get off here and do that, before he has a fit ;) . Dd has school today and I have errands to run like getting food for the new babies and t.p. for the bathroom since I forgot it the other day when I was at Walmart. Plus I need th check on a new phone....uggghhh....I've been putting it off cuz I don't really use it much, but this one jsut isn't working right any more.

Check in later.

TTYL

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Deana, they don't take insurance, they just give a discount for certain types of insurance. The insurance company doesn't pay anything. Does that make sense?

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Happy 4th Birthday Nicholas!!!!! :balloons:

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks Mel. Yes that makes sense and I will check into it later today, probably after I drop Abby off at school.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS !!! :hb:

spryng
10-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Good morning all!

Tanner slept to almost 9 this morning!!! I couldn't believe it, but I feel well rested because of it, lol.
I don't have much planned today. I have to go get stamps some time this morning and then I'm home all day. I'll be cleaning some and crocheting.
Not sure about dinner yet. Since I had pasta last night maybe I'll do cube steaks and potatos tonight or something. What are you all planning?
Where has the QOTD been lately?

Deana, chicks are soooo cute!!! Congrats on your new babies! LOL! Hey maybe you can bring them over for a playdate with the kitties, lol. And no, I didn't get to read that article because I could never figure out how to rotate it, lol. And count me in on that ROAD TRIP!!!! Geri we are coming to get you!!!! :)

Mel, I should hear about the job in the next week or so. It doesn't start until november so they have lots of time to contact me. I'm not really worried about it though, I know it will happen if it's meant to be and if not then I'll just start on a plan B.

Michelle, you are a brave woman!! If I would have run out of gas at night I would have sat in my van until someone came and brought gas, lol... like my DH! lol. I have road hazzard on my van so if I run out of gas I just call them and they will bring gas to me for free. But because your body was cold it had to work extra hard to retain heat so guess what?? You burned more calories than usual!! So there is an upside to this, lol. Glad you got home safe.

Welcome Jessica! So glad you found us! Sorry about all the confusion on the mom's losing weight board. We created that board mainly for putting pics up, chatting and recipes, this thread is where we meet daily so feel free to post often and we can't wait to get to know you better!

Ok Geri, I'll let you start today, lol. How is it going? Did you start today? Huh? Huh?! Can I bully you? Just thought I'd ask, lol. And yes that lady on desperate housewives that had the boys cracked me up too, especially when she punched her dh! LOL!!! he deserved it, chance it my butt, lol.

Ok, I better get off here and get my day started. TTYL!

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Spryng: I'm going to scan it the right way and send it again.

mompen
10-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Morning Ladies!

Ok Mel,
You better have gotten to the gym! I only ended up with 26 minutes of exercising this am b/c my inlaws dropped in :( But I am gonna do some this evening to make up the difference! :) When does hubby get back in?

Spryng,
Great job on the site :) BTW :bravo: I am gonna post some recipes on there now :) Good luck with the job! :) I know everything will work out :) Congrats on the kittens :) They are pretty easy to train.

Deana,
Ok the Challenge for the week: Penny, Kristen, Melissa... so far..... 4 out of 7 days of exercise at least 30 minutes.. and a minimum of 64 oz. water :)And b/c of Cindi's surgery she is challenging but doing her own thing, water and no chocolate.

I AM KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS TODAY CINDI!!!!!

Crystal,
Where did you run off to girlie? Thanks for starting the new thread :)

Michelle,
We know you are off today so come see us :) Hope you are having a great day! I am so sorry about the gas... :(

Ok I am in with you guys to go get GERI!!!!!!! We are after you! :devil:

Leigh,
Ok Girlie.. No holds barred! We are gonna go by and pick up Geri and then we are coming after you next! :devil: :devil:

Kristen,
I am keeping my eye on you this week :) You can do this girly!

Chris,
How is Nicole feeling this morning? Hope she is better :)

Ricci,
WTG Idaho! On the weight loss! Awesome :cheer:

Jill,
I am gonna miss you today girlie :) Have a great day at school!

Jessica!
Welcome! I am sooo sorry I didn't give you a direct link :( Scatter brained mommy :( Welcome ! :) It is great to have you here :)

Hi out there to Di, Angel, Mindee, Emily, Amy, AmyMichelle, Melinda, Ginny, Jaymi, Cheri, Julie :) :wave:

OK I gotta go shower and all that good stuff :) Hope you all have an awesome day!

sydsmom
10-04-2004, 02:20 PM
hello ! Back from the whirlwind weekend! I was having major COmputer porblems thursday night thru Saturday, turns out my modem was malfunctioning...but I am so glad we got it fixed quickly! Not that I would have been here sat or sun anyway :lol:
Sydneys party went AWESOME! ;) She had so much fun, was so nice and thanked everyone after she opened each gift..it went so smooth! I can't wait to get the pics, I will definately post them! I am starting our little challenge today, right? well I am!! LOL! I have already had my small glass of juice and now its on to water! Probabaly no exercise today, sydney is feeling stuffy and coughing a little, so I'm gonna let her veg and just play with all her new stuff ! I think its just a little fall cold....but I don't want it to last! Anyway, I have been on here for a REALLY LONG time getting all my ebay taken care of and my regular email, checking sam, allie and Fieldons site and such..so I will get personal later! Missed you all this weekend, and hope you all have a wonderfuil start to your week! :)
I will be back at nap time, if not sooner !
TTYL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER !!!! :balloons: :hyper: :balloons:

blondiewyandt
10-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi ,
Nice to meet everyone. looks like it gets pretty busy around here (lol). How is everyone day going so far is pretty good. Doing good on my diet so far . Sometimes being a mom is so hard. And losing weight is even harder. Well maybe not ( lol). Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

blondiewyandt
10-04-2004, 03:08 PM
ok I was brave and put my pic up.

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Kristin......DID YOU GO TO CHECK OUT A GYM>>>>>I'm hounding like I said I would....You better at least make some phone calls. Don't forget to ask about insurance discounts.

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Jessica, nice to see that you made it to the next thread. We start a new one each morning, so if you can't find us, just look for the day.. Have a good day. BTW, nice picture.

melmcc99
10-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Ooops, me again, I forgot to let Penny know, and all of you too, that I DID get to the gym and got in my exercise. I only got in 25minutes also, but I did it. TOmorrow, I meet with a personal trainer, to show me the ExpressLine. It's a circuit just like at curves. Anyone else going to going to join in the challange for exercise 4 days a week?? Let us know.

sydsmom
10-04-2004, 03:45 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Melissa! I almost forgot until I opened up the support groups link and then i thought, uh-oh, i better get to that...hehe...and then of course you are right there to pump me up again! :) THanks for that..I am going to make so calls today, no real going out anywhere..trying to get sydney well! :)

Welcome Jessica! :) I am Kristin, SAHM to Sydney, 3...that is her picture that is on my avatar :) Hope you enjoy it here! I know its tough to keep up all the time! hehe! :) Haave a great day!
Okay - now I need to get my butt on the phone like I promised Melissa! I'llbe back!
:lol: LOL!

mompen
10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok Kristen,
Don't you dare use Sydney being sick as an excuse not to get your butt in gear! We are on your tail and we are making sure you are gonna complete this challenge!!!!!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :tread: :tread: :tread: :tread: :tread:

Ok for real, I sure hope Sydney starts feeling better and I am so glad she enjoyed her party! Can't wait for the pics!!!!!

Jessica,
Very nice pic! Tell us about yourself! What plan are you on? What are your goals? Ok I know I'm nosey....lol

Melissa,
Thanks so much for keeping my butt in gear! I sure hope we both make the challenge this week! I am rooting for us :) :)

Ok off to get Hunter from school! Be back later :)

mamawithdreams
10-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi all. I tried to post this morning after I started the new thread but we started getting storms and my network ALWAYS goes down. Just came back but we're suppose to have storms most of the week so we'll see how it goes.
I slept pretty good, Andrew only woke up once and then again at 615 because of the thunder, we went ahead and got up , then about 645 here comes Alisa scared of the thunder, and 5 minutes after that here comes Ally.
Anyways, we had our breakfast and dh was still here, but it was pouring down and I so badly needed groceries and didn't want to take the kids but he had to go do some things. So he took the girls and I took Andrew then picked up the girls after I bought the groceries before I headed home.
Anyways, buying groceries absolutely positively wears me down. I dozed and rested for about 30 minutes and feel much better.

Anyways, glad to see everyone is doing fine.

Deana, wtg on the baby chicks. Take some pictures so we can see.

Mel, that's totally okay about the clothes. Don't send anything heavier than a basic sweat suit. I don't usually do heavy heavy fleece stuff. Hope that helps.

Spryng, glad you got some rest.

Michelle, are you sleeping today?

Penny, Happy Birthday Nicholas. Hope you're doing well.

Welcome Jessica, I'm Crystal, 27 yo, sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa will be 6 on Saturday, Ally is 3, Andrew is 22 months and I'm due Feb. 1st. This is the best place for support plus. Stick around and post often and you will have everything you need to manage a successful weight loss.

Hello to all you other sahm's.

I made sloppy joes for lunch and they're a few for leftovers, as well as leftovers from last night and I'm gonna make some kind of skillet meal so we'll have a choice for dinner. Plus salad and tea and a cake for dessert. A just because cake.

Okay, I guess that's it for me for now. TTYL

mompen
10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Crystal,
Sorry that you are having bad storms there. They do have a little tropical depression thingy out there by Mexico that will hit this week. They said it will be bad rain from Texas across the Gulf Coast. Do you think it is that already?

Well I am gonna straighten up a little bit and do homework with Hunter and all that good stuff... :)

Have a good evening :)

We are taking Nicholas out to eat tonight but I promise I will be good :) I want to feel good about myself and the only way to do that is be good to myself :)

sydsmom
10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
WELL THEN ! Thank you Penny! LOL! I am glad you care :) I just gathered all the names of the gyms hat I want to call, played with sydney on her new leap pad and got her in the tub and down for a nap. Also did a little picking up along the way....don't we all? I think if she is feeling better tomorrow we will go and check out one of the gyms each day this week...mostly to make sure that Sydney is comfortable there. I am excited because I am not only getting myself in gear, but I am making good example choices for my daughter! :) go me, go me, go me !!!!!!!! hehe.....I'm silly I know...but motivated, so that is what is important right?

Crystal - hope you are doing well. Sounds like you are having a big dinner! Hope the storms don't take you away from us all week!

Penny - no really, I'm serious, I really never had anyone care about my weight besides dh and really want me to do well. I am trying to change that, telling them all, etc.

Spryng - Hope you are having a great day! Is dh gone now after his vacation? Still saying prayers that you will find a solution to your financial situation! :) We want you to be here though if dh is home!!!! HAHA!

Deana - How are the chicks? did those last 2 pop through? Can't wait to see pics!

Jill - Hope you are having a nice day at school!

Mel - you to, thanks for caring :) I am calling right now! :) and the insurance advice might just help!

Michelle, Ricci, Ginny, Cindi, Geri, and all you other lovely ladies! :wave: HI !!!! I am going to finish some laundry, get a small nap in while sydney is and FISR AND FORMOST call those gyms! LOL!

TTYL !

sydsmom
10-04-2004, 06:00 PM
OH I forgot to ask you ladies (Penny and Melissa mostly) are we posting each day at the end of the day with our water totals, etc? or how shall we keep track during our challenge!?!! LMK !
BTW: 44 oz. down for me so far! I bet I will make 100 oz for sure today! :) :) :) :) :)

Bayleysmom
10-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Hello it's me!!! I didn't post all weekend cuz I was just still feeling down and it was almost overwhelming to think about posting. I was here though and thought about you guys. Anyway last night I got my butt in gear and made sure I was organized for today so that I could succeed at what I wanted to accomplish today and that made a lot of diff. in my attitude. So I went to the gym before class, made it to school on time, talked with my advisor about graduation requirements, made and appt. to talk to a gen. ed couselor and now I am home and trying to get some more water down! So all in all it's been a good day! I am going to challenge with you all and already got one day of exercising in and am about half done with my water!! YAY!! Also the dr.'s office called and Bayley is totally normal!! No e-coli or bladder infection it must have just been something on her skin that was contaminating the sample so YAY again!!

Anyway I have to tell you all about girls night. It was totally fun and Bayley ended up sleeping over at my mom and dad's for her first night away and it was so nice cuz dh and I slept in till 9:30!! However back to girls night, remember how I said we wanted to keep things healthy? Ya RIGHT! We had really good intentions and our dinner was totally CORE but my cousin invited her friend that none of us knew and wouldn't you know it she was about a size 2 and brought 4 bags of candy!!!! AHHHHHH so you know I had to have some. I have willpower unless it's right there in front of me and then it's all downhill!! Of course the skinny girl brings it!! So just thought I would share and let you know I wasn't as good as I wanted to be but I am totally on track today and ready to succeed!

Michelle I can't believe you walked at that time of night for gas!! I'm sure you must have had no choice but I would have been scared out of my mind! Glad you are ok. I can tell your a tough chick anyway! LOL I'm up for chat tonight or tomorrow night!

Mel YAY on the gym! Good job!

Deana way cool on the eggs hatching! I remember chatting with you when you first put them in the incubator! Totally cool!! How is your water so far today?

Spryng gotta love it when babies sleep in! :) Ok so I did cry during extreme home last night! Can you believe that house?!! Amazing!! I love that show! I also watched desperate housewives and me and dh were both very intrigued so we WILL be watching that one! I'm already hooked and I've only seen one episode! So cool about the kittens, I want another one but dh says NO! So I guess it's better anyway cuz once they turn into cats they are not so fun anymore, not that I don't enjoy them but they just don't play as much. Hope you are getting a lot done, thanks for all the great recipes!

Penny I am up for the challenge!! Count me in!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS!!!!!!

HI Kristin! I'm so glad Sydney had a good birthday!! I hope she gets over her cold soon!

Hi Jessica, glad you found us!! I hope you continue to post here and get a good jump start on your weight loss!

Crystal sorry about those storms, I kind of enjoy them but it makes it hard to run errands and such and I bet the kids hate being in the house all day. Good luck today!

Ok enough from me for now, I need to make a few calls about bills and get some laundry going and some lunch since it's 2:00!! I'll talk to you all later!!

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Crystal: Stay safe with all those storms. I can't take any pics of the chicks right now cuz there's something wrong with my camera and I haven't found my paperwork to check on warranty. I really need to look for that tonight.

Jessica: Nice pic. Let us get to know you better, post often. This is the BEST bunch of grapes I've ever laid eyes on... :lol: .

Penny: Count me in on the challenge for the week. I have 80 oz of water down already and getting ready to go do my 2 mile WATP now. LET'S GO GIRLS!!!!!! :bravo: on the 26 minutes, you'll finish it tonight, I know you will.

Kristin: Glad to hear that Syd had a great party and that she was so curteous :) . Let us know how the gym hunt goes. Glad you got your puter fixed. Maybe you need to send some help Leigh's way, we miss her.

Mel: :cheer: on the excercise and the personal trainer. You HAVE to let us know how HOT :flame: he is....WOOHOO!!!!! I called Curves again and they don't offer any discount for insurance. The only thing they have right now is the 50% startup fees but with that and first month it's still $111.00. I can't do it right now. I just told them I would check back with them later.

Well gotta go do the homework thingy too. Then my 2 mile WATP, then start supper and get ready to watch the CHIEFS at 8 central.

TTYL

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Jill: Stop feeling down alright? We miss you terribly when you don't post. We are here for you. If you ever need to chat let me know. I try to keep up with my status on yahoo messenger when I'm at the puter so shoot me a message. Soooooo glad Bayley's test came back negative. What a relief!!! Don't feel too bad about girls' night, it will go away this week. We can do this challenge, I know we can. Wtg on your water and excercise today.
TTYL

mamawithdreams
10-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Okay girls.
Jill, it's totally okay to have a good night when you're out like that. Glad you did. I understand about having to change your while attitude. A few weeks ago when I was having those bad days, I put the kids to bed that night and said tomorrow we will wake up with smiles on our faces and we WILL be in good moods and have good days, and do you know that ever since then, we've done great. Just saying it aloud made the world of difference. Glad you're back with us.

Deana, are you a procrastinator like me? My camera has been messed up for a while now and I haven't even looked for the paperwork on it.

Kristin, hope the storms don't keep me away either.

Penny, I've only watched the 5 day forecast, I don't even know where these storms are coming from. Have fun tonight.

I love sitting back and watching my kids play when they don't know I'm watching. Wow the things GIRLS come up with. Makes me want to gag. My boyfriend this and that and such. So funny. Just thought I'd share.

Okay, gotta go and get ready for dinner. TTYL

mompen
10-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Ok Where did all you get the energy to post all that.....lol

I just posted an hour and a half ago! EEKK!!

LOL

Crystal,
I know it is so funny b/c the kids have conversations all the time!

Jill,
Ok Girlie! I am hear for you! I know you have had alot going on in a short period of time. I am so glad to hear that you are on top of the game today :) Congrats to Bayley on the test results! What a relief! Hate it when the office stresses you out like that!

Deana,
WTG! I am so proud of you! You better watching doing that watp's so late this evening. You might want to wait until tomorrow after you weigh in! I don't want the exercise to affect your weigh in for tomorrow! :)

Kristen,
We are here for you! We are gonna make sure you get through this :) Hope Sydney is feeling better :)

Ok I am off to get the kiddos ready to go! Hugs to you all :) Lots of luv :)

Bayleysmom
10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks you guys for all the kind words. When I was trying to get over this feeling this weekend I couldn't help but think of you guys and know that you were there for me and it made me feel a lot better. I love you guys!!!

Kristin what did you get on e-bay?!! Don't you just love it!!

BIGtimeLOSER
10-04-2004, 09:37 PM
I made it through surgery fine! I am a bit sore, but otherwise feeling pretty good! Glad it is all over and I can already tell it was a success!

YOu were busy ladies today, so I am not going to even try to address you all at this point!

But I do want to say I love you all and will post more tomorrow! Have a great evening!

Cindi

sydsmom
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
hi ladies! I am here....ALL BY MYSELF!!!! I really love the peace and quiet of the evenings when Sydney is at my parents! :) :) night to myself, can't believe it!

PEnny - thank you ! :) I know you are there for me....and right back at ya darlin' !

Jill - I bought Victoria Secret bras and a pair of Ralph Lauren Corduroys for sydney...$4 !!! They are here in the stores for $35 !!!!! I couldn't believe it, and they are are the same ones that I liked in the store. I am getting them for $8 NWT!!! So glad that you are feeling better, we need you here! :) I have days like that too! We miss you but we understand! Lots of love comin' your way girlie! COngrats on getting so much accomplished!

Cindi - glad you are feeling alright and that the surgery went good! Get some rest and come back to us in the morning! :) :) :)

well ladies if you want to chat, let me know I am here! :) But not for long...my shows are on soon! ones that i haven't seen in months! LOL!

chrily
10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Good evening ladies. It's been a busy day. I had to work. Nicole was up at 4 this morning wheezing again. Then she started throwing up. My husband got her in to her pediatrician first thing this morning for me. The doctor thinks she started with just a virus but the asthma complicates thing. Then he says she probably got a secondary infection. He did hear crackling in one of her lungs, so I guess she has a touch of pneumonia. We got the good old antibiotics. Yaaahhhh! She should be feeling better soon.

I have decided to drown myself this week again. I lost 2 pounds from my last weigh in last week. Awesome. I was even good today and skipped the fast food for lunch and went to the store instead. I actually bought a Healthy Choice frozen entree. It feels good to control an urge to do the wrong thing for me. I made a good choice for once.

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the group. You are braver than I am. I have yet to put a picture of me anywhere other than the garbage. I just hate the way I look. Anyhow, I am a SAHM of 3 girls. Tiana (11), Kayla (5), and Nicole (2). I'm 33, live in Montana, and am currently trying to do WW. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, which makes my difficult sometimes.

Michelle, You definitely are braver than me. I have a hard time walking in the dark without looking behind me every 2 seconds to make sure the Freddy Kruger isn't behind me.

Jill- Glad to hear Bayley is fine. Yipppeee! It is so scary when you get bad news from the doc.

Cindi-Glad your surgery went well. What kind of surgery did you have anyhow? I never knew.

Spryng-How's your baby kitties? My cats have lost all their cuteness esp. at 2 in the morning when they decide to play tag and run across the bed 40,000 times or when they find something loud to scoot across the wood floor in the middle of the night.

Deana-It's already frosted here a few times, just not really heavy. If I can get our camera to work, I'll post a pic of my DH's jeep...the ugly ol' thing. Thanks for asking about Nicole too. She has antibiotics now, so she should be her usual rowdy self soon.

Mel-Hey gal!

Penny-Evening to you too. Thanks for asking about Nicole too.

I gotta go now. DH needs me to pick him up at his work. TTFN. And best wishes to everyone I missed. I'm an airhead and can't remember everyone unless I scroll up and down tons of times.

~chris

blondiewyandt
10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi,
Well my goals are to lose 100 pounds I lost 136 already but gained 50 back so know i have 50 more on top of that one. I am on lowfat 1200 cal and under 30 fat.
I am married with 2 kids. boys 3and 6. I raise and sell chihuahuas. I would like to get to where I am not so tired and depressed from being over weight. Thanks for all the great welcomes to post here. You all are great..

MichelleRae
10-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey Guys there is no way I'm going to catch up lol you were chatty cathy's today!!

I just had "dinner" a bagel with light garlic/chive cream cheese Yum! Maybe not the healthiest but it could have been much much worse!!

I went to walmart today and got a scrapbooking kit and some stickers and stuff and embossing pen and powder! I'm gonna try it all out tomorrow! I'm excited!!

I also went to the Library and got some books to read so that was fun!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!! Hubby let me sleep in today and I didn't get up til 10:30!! But I had a hard time falling asleep last night cuz I got my adrenaline going from walking to get the gas and back! So I had to unwind before falling asleep.

Jessica its great to have you here!!

Jill glad you had a great girls night!!

Penny How is nicholas liking school? Are both he and hunter in school now or am I just confused? lol

Crystal I hope the storms pass quickly :) How are you feeling these days?

For those of you who celebrate halloween what are you going to have your kids dress up like? Taylor is going to be an angel (haha Yeah right!!) Teagan Is going to be a giraffe in honor of Allie Scott :)

Speaking of Allie I went to the cancer center and hospital today and spoke the the community relations people and we're getting the ball running on getting my cancer walk going :) I'm also going to bring a meal in to a family dealing with cancer, who practically live at the hospital, to help with the cost of food and stuff :)

Ok well hubby wants some "special" time so I gotta get off here!!
Love to you all!
Michelle

mompen
10-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi Ladies!

Kristen,
No need to thank us! That is what we are all here for! I would love to get a tally on all the weight everyone on 3fc's has lost! I know this support system is the best I have ever had!

Michelle,
Does hubby ever work anymore? LOL How the heck are you working ten hour shifts? I am so excited for you to get the ball rolling. And that is so awesome to bring a meal to a family at the hospital! I know they will feel your love! (hope you are a good cook...lol) Did the girls do ok when you had the meeting with the hospital? Nicholas has been for his speech evulation but he does start until they send me the date in the mail. He will only go for like 30 minutes twice a week... So by the time I drop him off and come home it will be time to go pick him back up...lol

Jessica,
It sounds like you have all your goals and priorities right :) My mom has a chihuahua and has always had them. BTW, your pic is very flattering :)

Chris,
POOR NICOLE! I feel so bad for her! I am sending some Get Well thoughts her way!

Cindi,
Take it easy lady! I am so glad the surgery went ok for you! Aren't they going to do a biosopy for you? Are am I mistaken?

Jill,
Don't ever hesitate to call me! I am here for you :)

Deana,
I am waiting for your weigh in tomorrow! I am thinking of you :)

Spryng,
Where did you scoot off to? You have been too quiet today :)

Well I did awesome at dinner! YAH! We went to the Ryan's Buffet... Instead of getting the buffet and being tempted I ordered the Petite Hawaiian Chicken and a lemon water! I felt much better about myself for it!!!

I got in 80 oz of water today and 45 minutes of exercise :)

1 Day down, 6 more to go!

Deana1113
10-04-2004, 11:58 PM
It's halftime and I don' have time to get personal so just know that I am thinking about you all. Penny, I didn't get my WATP in afterall. All the males in my house but one decided they needed haircuts. And guess who gets to do that! I probably would have been up half the night anyway :( . I was also bad tonight and had some chips and white chili con queso during the game. I'm done now though and will need to work off some more calories later :smug: . I'm working on my next bottle of water and when it's gone that will be 140 oz for the day. Tomorrow I will excercise. No running to do that I cna think of right now. That may change since dh is off again tomorrow.

Well, game is back on now.

TTYL if not tonight, in the morning with WI.

Chubba
10-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Good evening all,

Welcome Jessica...I'm Geri Mom to Will-3 and Tony-1. This is a wonderful place to be but you have to try hard to keep up!!

Thanks for all the threats ladies...gee maybe I should stay off plan and you all can come visit me even if it is to kick my butt :lol: . At least I'd get to meet you!

I did my 3mi WATP today and 96 oz of water plus coffee :D . I'm baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkk!

Well after skimming the days posts...my eyes are tired so I'm off to bed. Got all the carrots canned today so that's done.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. Hi to all and hugs to Cindi.

Angel Marie
10-05-2004, 12:26 AM
:D Hey everyone.I've been MIA for awhile thought i'd check in.I see there are some newbee's .For ya'll i'm a SAHM of 4 and want to lose weight and be a more positive person.
I've read over some of the post sounds like everyone is doing good.A little has changed since I was here last.We now have 2 more cats I love them,but if the kids don't start cleaning up after them(litter box)i'm going to give them away.
As far as my weight goes i'm still 167.I'm tring to get motivated again then I know I could lose the rest of my weight.I just need to disipline myself,thats the hard part for me.Well i'll try to make it a priority to at least post once a day.All you girls have such encouraging words I don't even know why I quit posting to begin with.I'll do better I promise. :D Well i'm going to burn dh's dinner if I don't get off here.I'll check back in later tonight.
love to all Angel :angel:

spryng
10-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Good evening all!
Sorry I was MIA most of the day, dh load got canceled and he ended up at the yard in Olathe and wanted me to come up and spend the day with him and how could I refuse? lol. So that is what we did. We ate at olive garden (I had been craving it since Crystal's anniversary, lol) and it was sooo good! not OP... but I know I can work it off, lol. I'm not really worried about it.
We just got home a little bit ago, I finally got the kids settled down and in bed so now I'm pooped! I left the kittens out of the carrier while I was gone so they could explore the house and get used to it here without the kids chasing them and guess what? No accidents! They used their littler box!! I was so thrilled. The bad news is I could only catch one and the other has hid herself behind my dishwasher (there is a gap between the wall and the washer) and it won't come out. So one is put in the carrier for the night and who knows when the other will emerge, but as soon as she does I'm closing off that gap.
Well I wish I could get more personal tonight but I'm exhausted! I'll chat with you more in the morning! :) G'nite!

spryng
10-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Oh one more thing while it's on my mind... while dh was at the yard his dispatcher told him a job just opened up for another fleet manager (dispatcher) and it's a 7-5 job, so he told dh to apply for it and he did!! Now I hope we hear something back soon, if he gets that job I won't need to get a job and he'll be home everynight!!!! So keep your fingers crossed! I mean I don't mind going back to work, but I love love love staying home with the kids so if he can get a job that will allow me to continue at home I would be so thrilled!
Ok, going to bed now, TTYL!

Angel Marie
10-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Spryng-Just thought you'd like to know that, long as you've showed the kittens where the cat box is and it's clean they will always use it.It's their instinct.You look like you've hit your goal weight.Well except 2lbs.That's nothing.You could probly pee and lose 2lbs lol :lol: anyhow congrades on that.

Well good night to all.I'll post ya'll tomorrow.nighty night.

WannaGetInShape
10-05-2004, 01:35 AM
This group sounds great. It's hard to jump into a group that's already buzzing, but here goes!
I'm Cathy from Maspeth, New York (In Queens). I am the proud mother to 3 wonderful kids Connor 4, Mary Kate 2, and Brendan 2 months (today :) ). Anyway, my sisters and I decided to start a Yahoo support group with each other (3 of us), but they are both so busy I feel like I'm posting to myself! Then I found 3fatchicks. Anyway, when I am working I'm a Registered Nurse, but these days I'm a SAHM who works per diem here and there! I really want to shape up more than lose weight, per se. I have learned about HIIT, do any of you do it? I have been back at the gym for 2 weeks now, and have discovered the Elliptical Trainer (love it). I'd love to maximize my time there if possible. Thanks for being here!
Cathy

melmcc99
10-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Cathy, Welcome, I am Melissa SAHM of 2 Abigail age 4 and Patrick "Bugga" age 2. I am your neighbor. I live in bergen county NJ. about 1/2 hour from you....Although we know it takes longer with all the traffic to get in and out of the city. lol. Any, Jump in and enjoy. These ladies are great! You will love it here.

mamawithdreams
10-05-2004, 09:14 AM
A new thread was started

blondiewyandt
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Hello everyone hope your day is going good. Can someone give me some food ideas for lowfat that are filling. Maybe some good exercise plans. any info would be so greatly appreciated. I just cant stand being over weight.
Take care this bunch is great..Love the replys.. where are we getting those kool pictures of the girls by your name?

Bayleysmom
10-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Jessica meet us at SAHM Tuesday, that's where everyone is posting today :) TTYL