100 lb. Club - I Exercised Today! 10/3 - 10/9

View Full Version : I Exercised Today! 10/3 - 10/9

lessofsarahtolove
10-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Hello, sports fans! Well, I'm (with gratitude) robbing this wonderful thread idea from elsewhere on the site. It seemed to me that it would be a good idea to have a weekly thread here within our group devoted to exercise check-in; my thought is that it will help us to keep ourselves accountable for getting in some daily exercise, help us to motivate one another, and just plain be interesting since we like each other and are interested in how it's going for one another! :D

So, if you want to participate, just log in and give a quick post with an update on what you accomplished in the way of daily exercise! Doesn't have to be a big, long-winded explanation -- just the quick and the dirty, unless you have more to say! ;)

lessofsarahtolove
10-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Sunday:
Today first thing I did a 2-mile Leslie walk using my Walkblaster ramp(like a stepper but easier on your knees) -- it really works the glutes and hamstrings much more than her normal workouts, which are great for the quads. It was the high-intensity calorie burn DVD (one of three in the set) and I used my 6 lb. hand weights and it was GREAT! I love that ramp!

Later I did the 3-mile WATP and it was fun too, as usual! I had to do some puffs on the inhaler since I'm still not 100%, but I didn't compromise my intensity or let up on the weights or range of movement at all. Great workout.

I also did a half mile outside, according to my pedometer.

nelie
10-04-2004, 12:39 AM
My favorite thing, exercise!

Sunday 10/3/04 - Went to the gym, did weightlifting for my legs

jkfla
10-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Saturday---- 1 1/4 watp 1 mile express
Sunday ----- 3 WATP 1 mile express
Monday ----- 3 watp 1 mile express
Tuesday----- 1 2 mile watp express, 1 1 miles watp express and 4 miles on stationary bike.
Wednesday--- i was going to do the pilates and watp but i fell and busted my forehead open so i'm taking it easy.

Br00klyn
10-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Excellent Idea Sarah! The monthly points challenge is a great help but having a thread devoted to daily exercise is just brilliant dahling ;)

As for me, today was a big grocery shop and that's about it :lol: I am just getting over a cold and working a 6 day week so it was a lazy day but tomorrow is a different story.. I'll be right here with ya'll! :D

teapotdynamo
10-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey, all. This is a great idea, Sarah... it always feels good to write it down when you've accomplished your exercise for the day!

Sunday: 10 minutes on stairmaster, 20 on elliptical cross-trainer

Monday: I did intervals on the elliptical cross-trainer this morning for 45 minutes. I alternated between 3 minutes at Level 2 and 3 minutes at Level 8 or 9 (depending on my heart rate), which totally kicked my butt. Very rewarding to see that calorie counter at 660 when I was done (even if they do inflate those things!).

No weights today; I got up too late to do both weights & cardio. I'll do arms tomorrow.

lessofsarahtolove
10-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Very rewarding to see that calorie counter at 660 when I was done (even if they do inflate those things!).
Jen, does the machine ask you to enter your weight and height? If not, it's calculating energy burned by a person of a lower weight, and we know that the heavier you are, the more calories you burn performing an activity......so even with the exaggeration factor, you're still burning a truckload of calories on that thing! At one time, I had located a calorie counter which told calories burned on the elliptical -- I was trying to help out Gen (gatsby,) who uses ellipticals a lot also. She wanted to enter the calories burned per minute by pound into her Diet Power.... I'll see if I can find that info, but if not, I think it's out there (elusive though) so you should do some research.

barbygirl43
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Today I tried the pilates for dummies. Definitely a great workout. Can't wait to get up early tomorrow morning to do it all over again. :)

teapotdynamo
10-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Sarah,

Yep, the ellpitical machine I use definitely asks for a weight. My hubby, who is super tall and big, can burn off 1,000 calories in 45 minutes if he pushes.

I did read somewhere that they do exaggerate, but even if it was only 500 calories, that's not too shabby, either. I'm definitely feeling it in my quads and calves today!

I wasn't able to find the elliptical trainer in DietPower, but I realized that the stationary rowing machine tracks almost exactly to the machine in my gym. I use that instead. I'm the queen of the workaround :).

Hooray for exercise. Glad you're able to do even a little, Sarah!

JennasMom
10-04-2004, 02:16 PM
I did a half hour of Gilad's Bodies in Motion on FitTv today. I need to find more ways to get more exercise in.

tolose85
10-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Saturday- Walked 10 miles
Sunday Walked 2 miles, biked 1 mile

heather_dw
10-04-2004, 04:50 PM
I did a mile of Leslie watp 2 mile high calorie burn (which is alot for me, LOL) I was worried that i was regressing, so I am thrilled that I got back up to a mile. I even did a little more. I got to the 16:15 mark on the dvd.

I see that alot of people do Pilates here. i thought abot trying that but i watched windsor pilates and there is no way im getting my body to do that! LOL Im still too fat :-P

Sandi
10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Monday: 7 min on the elliptical; 40 min on the treadmill. Average Heart rate 137!!!

djs06
10-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Monday- 50 minutes (4.25 miles!) on the cross trainer, abs

missaprylj
10-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Whohoo!!!

Monday: 30 Minutes Stepping DVD

lessofsarahtolove
10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Walked 1 1/2 miles!

tolose85
10-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Monday-recovering from 10 mile walk 2 mile jog and 1 mile of biking over the weekend... Shin splints HURT LIKE HE11 !

I'll be back at it tomorrow!

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
oooh, me too, me too! I finally have something to add!

I walked 45 mins today with Abby in the stroller. Then tonight I did 35 on the elliptical at the gym. Machine said I burned 400 cals...so I'm VERY happy!

GOOD GOING EVERYBODY!! WE'RE GONNA BE BIG LOOZAS!! :D

gatsby
10-04-2004, 10:47 PM
ok quick and dirty:
monday: weight lifting: legs
cardio: 30 mins on tm 1 and 2's (starting jogging again)

gen

nelie
10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Today I did 75 minutes of weight lifting (chest and triceps) and then 25 minutes on the elliptical with some high intensity intervals. I really didn't think I'd be able to last 25 minutes with adding the intervals but I did. Of course I didn't eat a few hours before going to the gym so I suspect my blood sugar level dropped too low because I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up. When I got home I ate a little snack of plain nonfat yogurt and protein powder and it made me feel better.

teapotdynamo
10-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Ooh, Nelie, I had that might-throw-up feeling on the weekend. It's an awful feeling, especially when you're all sweaty. I think I hadn't eaten recently enough, either. My worst fear is actually throwing up at the gym. How embarrassing would that be???!

Today I did 30 minutes of arms, then 10 minutes on the stairmaster/25 on the elliptical. Wanted to go longer on the elliptical, but I ran out of time. These fall days are making it harder to wake up! Better get my butt back in gear!

JennasMom
10-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Today for the first time I went for a walk with my dog. I was scared to do it because all the other dogs around here. We did ok. I walked for 35 minutes and then I took my car and measured how far it was. It said 1.7 miles. I don't know how accurate that is though. Shouldn't be too off.

I am excited about walking now though. I need new shoes really bad but other than that I really think I could do it everyday.

artist
10-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for starting this Sarah.....I'm trying to focus more on exercise, and I'm sure this will help!

Monday: 20 min walk, 10 min walk/run on treadmill, 10 min bike, and upper body resistance work.

heather_dw
10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
I got some exercise in today:
Got a mile in of the 2 mile walk and pushed myself to the 16 minute mark...whew!
I always feel great after exercise! after i get my breathing and heartrate down, i get all happy,.. for at least 30 mins,..its really funny,.. I am sitting here listening to music just singing and dancing along,..lol

Fitbabe
10-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Sunday - played golf with DH
Monday - Crunch Cardio Salsa, Crunch Fat-Burning Pilates
Tuesday - Fit to the Core: Burn
Wednesday - 45 min pilates
Thursday - Fat Burning Blast
Friday - 45 min pilates

artist
10-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Tuesday - 20 min walk, 15 mins cardio at gym, lower body resistance work, 10 min swim.........I feel goooooooood!

lessofsarahtolove
10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Great job everybody -- special :high: to Heather!!! Congrat's on your wonderful progress, girl!!!

I did a mile at lunch, a half mile with my dog after work, followed by the 3-mile WATP power walk with 6 lb. weights. Total for today: 4 1/2 miles.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
We used to do a weekly exercise thread, they kinda fell by the wayside.

Today I walked my dog down to the store for a paper & back. They yelled at me for bringing him inside. I yelled at them for not having anyplace outside for me to tie him up. :D

Then I walked the 2 miles around our river w/my friend Jason.

nelie
10-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Today I did a 15 minute walk during work, then went to the cardio kickboxing class at my gym and did jumping jacks woo among other things.

I plan to do yoga before bed and after I finish watching a movie.

Br00klyn
10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Woohoo! :strong: Look at all you ladies go! You're on a roll!

As for me, well today no "real" exercise BUT our elevator at work is going to be down for 2 months so I have to walk up 5 flights of stairs at least 4 times per day.. Do you think that counts? :lol:

heather_dw
10-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Wow, i think I would die somewhere on those flights of steps,. you will have killer legs though.

I did a mile of leslie today, made myself exercise, even though my craft supplies came in the mail and I wanted to play around with those,..hehe

teapotdynamo
10-06-2004, 04:13 PM
For the first time *ever*, I did a full 20 minutes on the Stairmaster (I usually do 10). I thought I would die, but I did it. Then I dragged myself over to the elliptical and did 25 minutes on there, but I wasn't at my usual intensity level, that's for sure.

Phew.

Jen
10-06-2004, 05:06 PM
I just got back from the gym, did 40 minutes on the treadmill for 2.20 miles and 358 cals burned. Then I did 2 sets of 10 reps on several weight machines. I wasn't really in the mood for weights today but I forced myself to do them.

lessofsarahtolove
10-06-2004, 08:04 PM
1 mile WATP and weights/arms for me.

Good job everybody -- congrat's Jen!

Br00klyn
10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
For the first time EVER - I did some Tae-Bo.. Mind you, I only managed to get 1/2 way through the full 65 min. workout, however I'm still proud as I haven't really worked out in a month and I got off my a$$ and did something. It's a really tough workout and I couldn't get all the combo moves down but I'm sure that will come!

Good job to you all!

nelie
10-07-2004, 12:07 AM
I took the Powerflex class at my gym which was 60 minutes long. I might also do some yoga before bed.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-07-2004, 03:16 AM
I got some exercise today. :devil: :angel:

teapotdynamo
10-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I did 30 minutes of leg weightlifting and 35 minutes on the cross-trainer. I wanted to do more cardio, but my legs were leaden after weights.

Great job, everybody.

Jen
10-07-2004, 12:26 PM
I did my weight routine and 35 minutes of cardio. Just for fun I did the treadmill and ellipital machine but I only managed 5 minutes of that, boy does that machine kick butt! Also I did my weights first and then had trouble doing the cardio afterwards but according to Celina this is the better way to do it so hey I'll give it a try.

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Little late in posting, but I did 35 on the elliptical last night. I "upped" the incline and intensity to 6 on both...I had been only on 4...so it really was a great workout! ( Burned 423 cals!!) Then I did weights with arms, came home and did crunches and the plank. whooowheee :strong: Dont you LOVE the feeling you get after a great workout? Exhausted, but "high".
Not sure if Ill have time to go tonight, but maybe I'll just walk.
KEEP IT UP YOU ALL!!

JennasMom
10-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I had 3 pieces of pizza, 2 corn dogs and tater tots today, and I felt so guilty about it. Instead of giving up for the day I did an episode of Gilads Bodies in Motion, and I am proud of myself for not giving up today.

heather_dw
10-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Way to go Jennasmom! I didnt eat that well yesterday either, but at least you got some exercise!

I did not exercise yesterday, gave my knee a break, but today I did another mile of the Leslie high calorie burn:-) I have already got half as many miles for October, as I had for the entire month of september!

barbygirl43
10-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Well this morning Jeff and I got into an argument and I ended up so mad I started seeing colors and knew there was no way I could drive in that state so I took off. I ended up walking about 3 miles in just over an hour. It helped me to cool off some and we worked it out and I got in my exercise :)

nelie
10-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I haven't exercised yet, I'm about to go to the gym. What I did do today though was SHOPPING!!! I ended up buying clothes clothes and more clothes including a pair of 22 pants woot! I now have shirts, pants and a couple bras that fit! I'm glad, the baggy clothes were starting to annoy me. Anyway I walked around the mall for about 5 hours carrying my newly acquired goods. Awesome Columbus day sales!

lessofsarahtolove
10-08-2004, 10:01 PM
I did the 2-mile WATP workout with 6 lb. hand weights. I'm disappointed in myself because I had intended to do the 3-mile walk plus 20 minutes HIIT biking...but I'm just pooped. I'm going to hit it hard tomorrow.

jkfla
10-09-2004, 01:00 AM
i did 3 miles today with resistance bands (not the full 3 miles but the parts where the bands come in)... and tried the pilates again. there is a certain move that i just can not seem to get down so i never get past that mark.
didn't do too well eating wise.

nelie
10-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Ok I really did exercise today. I went to the gym and did over an hour of weight lifting, then I did a yogalike flexibility DVD which was also over an hour. Also, I walked to my mailbox (I don't always do that, sometimes I just pick up mail as I'm driving by) and found my pedometer, woot. I programmed it and I really really like it.

Jillegal
10-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I got some exercise today. :devil: :angel:

Hmmm...I hope you practised safe "exercise" ;) (and didn't smoke a cigarette afterwards) :p

lessofsarahtolove
10-09-2004, 08:10 PM
I biked 10 miles today, with high intensity intervals, and did 2 miles power walking with the ramp (like a stepper) and did squats and lunges.

(God I love these inhalers!)

nelie
10-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I went to the gym and did 70 minutes of weightlifting, back and biceps. I forgot to put my new pedometer on today! oh well, hopefully it'll be a habit soon.

teapotdynamo
10-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the stairmaster and 25 minutes on the cross-trainer. Then walked many blocks around town. Had my first off-plan day in a while, but I'm not beating myself up about it.

artist
10-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Went to the gym today. 10 mins on the bike, 10 on the eliptical; upper body resistance work and 10 mins in the pool.

Went dancing for a couple of hours last night - great fun & great exercise!

SuchAPrettyFace
10-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Hmmm...I hope you practised safe "exercise" ;) (and didn't smoke a cigarette afterwards) :pI ALWAYS practice safe exercise. ;)

Last night my best friend took me to the GLTB Film Festival @ the university here. The movie was great, but that huge staircase was even better, so was walking across campus. I felt like GI Jane or something.