Support Groups - Chit Chat #81

View Full Version : Chit Chat #81

Jane
10-03-2004, 07:10 AM
WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

We are a friendly group of ladies that share the daily aspects of our lives with each other...not just weight loss. Won't you join us?

RosieKate
10-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I was commenting on the WWJLD thread and thought I'd pop over to say good morning here. I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my morning newspaper to arrive....Mt. St. Helens is supposed to blow big time today. When she blew in 1980, I was living in Salem, and I don't remember even getting ash, I think it all blew east. We keep trying to get a view of the mountain, but it' s been too hazy.
Jane - We have some blown glass Christmas ornaments made from MStH ash. Ash glass stuff was a big deal in the early 80s as you could imagine.

Marti - I can envision you and Shanna working on your projects together. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I sew and I've had "sewing days" with the girlfriends befoer. It's fun - and some good female-bonding time.

Well, not much going on today. James has soccer pictures at a really wierd time so we really can't do that and go to either of the church services today. I think God will understand. It's soccer! Yesterday, the ILs came to watch his game and our family with our folding chairs took up half the field!

Hope all is well where you are today!
Katy

Marti
10-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Good Morning lovely ladies!!

Susan--You're narrations of Gaby are the cutest. I remember so well having conversations very similar with Jhanai when she was that little. They are so easily distracted! I hear Mt. St. Helens will be erupting, but not to the extreme that it did back in '80......lets hope they're right!

Angie--Would love to see your new do! I so need to go in and do something with my mop of a hair! James was messing with it yesterday and it had so much static in it afterwards.....looked very clownish....just ask Shanna, she was there! Why don't you send your cousin over to do my hair? We'll have lots of laughs....in fact, why don't you come with her?

Jen--56 sounds cold! Is it really that cold already? It's been chilly here, but I don't believe it stays cold during the day....only at night. Fall is just a spectacular season!!

Cristina--Your nephew reminded me of me.....my mom left when my sister and I were very little....about 6 & 7. (a story I told before) and after 20 some years we reconnected with her...but it didn't last...I haven't talked to her since my grandma passed away that was only to let her know. There was no bonding or no real interest from her to keep it going....at least not in my eyes...and the same with my half sister...It's been a year since I've seen or talked to her and she lives nearby somewhere! Just have no idea where! At least as an adult, I know where my mom is and know how her life turned out and I am extremly grateful for not have been raised by her. (not trying to make that sound bad, but it's the truth)

Katy--I need my costco card....something I've been wanting to get since it expired! I keep hearing laughing cow products, but have yet to see any. Maybe I'll venture over there this week. We did have a good time doing our crafting....need to make for more time to do stuff like that. I would love to have more room for everything though. I have this tiny dining room table...and I alway feel like I'm crowding Shanna out! But we have fun!

Jane--I had to laugh when I read about your Young & Restless! There is this girl at work who wheres her headphones at a certain time everday to listen to her soaps! And then Dr. Phil and Oprah. I never knew you could listen to them on the radio. She must have some kind of Satellite thing going on.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the day.....got my sunday paper with some ads in it...may browse and see if James wants to go shopping. (Like I need to do that!)

Good morning to the rest of the JL's. Hope you enjoy your day!

Take Care everyone!

FrouFrou
10-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies~

Didn't make it to mass this morning, which I miss when I don't attend. But I was not going to hobble in there like a cripple and not stand when the others stand. So just didn't go. Going to just be lazy again today and put ice and heat on my back. I can't stand just sitting in one spot. Oh well...

Jane~it seems my back usually goes out doing simple little things, this time it was bending a little to put lotion on my legs when I got out of the shower. It's gone out before just from sneezing. It's from carrying around this extra weight. So, I need to get witht he program and get it off! I am going to have to look around for one of those book lights, it would be great to have one. We don't have CVS here, just Walgreens, but I bet they would have one.

Katy~I had to look on the map yesterday to see exactly where Portland is from Mt. St. Helens, couldn't picture it before-DUH! We got a lot of stuff with the ash from Mt. St. Helens also when we were up there in '91, along with some books about it.

Marti~sounds like you and Shanna had a nice time scrapbooking. Yesterday, I looked at DD and said what am I going to do all day and she said you could scrapbook. I wish I could have but I wouldn't have been able to sit in that chair. I need to get back to that. I don't think what you said sounded bad. I think that's how my nephew feels. I think deep down he knows he won't have a realtionship with him but to just meet him one time and to know where he is and how he is doing would be enough I think. He has some half siblings also and I think he would like to know about them, just not sure it will ever happen.

Anyway...HI :wave: to every one else. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

I am going to go read the newspaper and some on a book I started that DD said was good. Will probably just watch some tv in between. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Take care ladies :grouphug:

jewels2
10-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone!!!
I had my friends kids again this weekend, they just went home, so now I'm trying to ctach up on my own stuff!!! I am happy about one thing!! I managed to take off the 2 lbs I gained last week, so Im back down to 190.5lbs.. I just cant let myself blow it again....I want so desperately to get back down under 180,!!! I have a wedding to attend next month, so Im trying to use that as motivation.... We go to the endocrinologist this tuesday, to get his take on our baby situation, so hopefully we get some good news with that!!! Nothing else really new here, just wanted to check in while I had the chance, my computers been acting up lately, and we're about to reformat it and start over again, so hopefully we can get rid of whatever is slowing it down!!! I hope all is well with everybody and I'll check in later
Quick hello to Jane, Marti, RoseKate, Cristi, Angie, Sue, Susan and Jen!!!

Best Wishes
Julie

da fat n da furious
10-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Julie, I must of missed something cause Ive heard mention twice now about a baby thing,,,,

Jane, I want to complain that my rings are too big and will fall off and so can't wear them. I did that once and had them sized right,,,then I gained it all back and well had to reized them yet again. ITs been so cold here each night, I wear a turtleneck sweater, and a sweater over that plus a huge warm jacket and gloves, I wish I had the time to shop for winter boots, cause my tootsies need them.

I figure on family members that are jerks, that its their loss when people don't want to be around them. My dad whines that no one comes for visits...duh why would anyone want to be put throu that?

We went for a dinner silent auction thing last night,,,,was fun and boring at the same time...lol They want you to dance yet play horrible music and so loud you can't hold a conversation, and they if you sneak to the bathroom or outside with the smokers it was fun. We won a few things, we are all happy,,,we gave money for the fund raising and got some great gifts for christmas.
But I missed the LOST show last night,,,,*sigh I want to stay home and do nothing just once this week...my mom has called each day, shes really in bad shape over Brandon's surgery. She has a small business cleaning houses, one being a Dr. house, she told him all about the surgery coming up and he has offered to check up on the surgeon...lol oh mom ! ITs our Thanksgiving next Monday and Brandon will still be in the hospital, and well we usually have a big thing at my mom's with family coming from every where, but this time we won't be there, and well my mom is being pretty stubborn about being here too. Meanwhile my cousin Tanya is freaking cause her parents will be stuck at her house for 4 days instead of 1 cause they are still playing to come south....lol
well better get going
Angie

Jane
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Hiya Ladies, :wave:

Katy - we skipped church today, too. Sometimes you just have to. What kinds of things do you sew? I used to sew a lot, but don't anymore.

Marti - how did you end up spending your Sunday? Hope you and James had fun, whatever it was you did.

Cristina - hope your back is feeling better by now and that you had a relaxing day. You'll see from my PMs that I tried to find you a book light!

Julie - hope your friend was nicer to you today. I'm assuming she had the baby? YAY for the 2 pounds down! Here's wishing you good news on Tuesday.

Angie - wow, the dinner and auction sounds like fun. You can catch up fast on Lost on Wednesday night. I think it's sweet your mom was checking out the surgeon, lol. It sounds like something I would do, lol.

Katie and I just got back from Penney's. We got a coat for her and some Nikes for me. The shoes are Airs, and with the discounts, I paid only $37.00 for them. YAY!

Gotta go watch some TV with the fam! It's a show called American Dreams and it's set in the late 60's....

Toodles,

Dolphin
10-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Good evening. I really don't have much to say, and I don't feel very well, so I'll make it quick. I've got the whole PMS thing going on. Crabby, bloated, etc. We all know the drill. Not to mention, somehow I think I pinched a nerve in my neck. Everytime I try to look left, it pulls midway down my back between my spine and shoulder blade. It's hard to lift my arm over my head too. Lovely. I hope it's better tomorrow. I took some ibuprofen, didn't do a thing. Guess I'll take something stronger when I go to bed.

Didn't do much today, dbf was over, watched football, made chili and corn bread. YUMMY! I made some cookies for dbf, and he took them home with him!

Well, I'm gonna go rest some more. Like I didn't do enough of that already today! I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow.

Jen

luckycharm
10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone.

Well I think that we finally found a new acreage that we are going to buy. We will put in an offer on it tomorrow, so our fingers are crossed.

Jen, I hope that you feel better tomorrow. Mmm your dinner sounds so good.

Angie, sorry I missed it but what is Brandon having surgery for?

Cristina I hope that your back is better also. Do you go to the chiropractor to help you?

Jane I hope that you had a good time shopping. And that the shoes are comfy. As Angie said it is time to dig out the winter clothes already here.

Marti do you have all your wedding photos in scrapbooks already? I have never tried scrapbooking. I have a friend that is trying to get me into stamping also. It is probably so much more enjoyable when you get to spend time with good friends and be creative together.

Katy how did the soccer pictures go?

Julie what a great friend you are to take your friends kids.

Susan now you need to post pictures of everyones hair. It made me smile when you were talking about little Gaby. Yes why is it that they can be such little angels, and then when our hands are full that is when they decide to do the limp trick? Cole is just mastering that trick. He will be 2 in 2 weeks.

Hi to everyone else that I am forgetting to say hi. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

da fat n da furious
10-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Hey there Lucky, been awhile,,,are you as ho hum about this weather? Saturday was fantastic weather,,,warm and sunny but brrr at night.
Brandon his having a bone taken from his hip and *wedged into the longest outer bone in his foot and then all the bones there scraped since they all fused together. And he right now has no mobility. Its a long surgery and very painful, and the recovery will be weeks if not months. Then once that is all done we do it again for the other foot.

Angie

RosieKate
10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Good morning!
Soccer pictures went well. Our coaches are great and the parents are laid back - I love it - I'm requesting this team next year. We were informed at the last mintue that there was some kind of mix up and there was no photographer, so the coaches brought their digital to take our own pictures. The photog did show up after we all arrived, but we would have had to wait for hours to get our teams' pictures, so we all decided on the spot to just use the coaches pix. quick easy and outta there before the boys starting climbing trees.

Jane - I used to sew clothing and home decor - even made money at it once upon a time. Used to substitute teach and do custom sewing on the side. Only did it for a year tho', becaue I had no time to sew for myself. When the kids are older, I'll start it up again. Right now it's hard with little space and a toddler running around. I knit, which I enjoy because it is compact and portable. I just started crocheting because my MIL gave me a bunch of leftover yarn and I decided to make some cutesy little ponchos - very girly :) So there's the extent of my creative endeavors for the time being...

Angie - will be thinking of Brandon and your family this week - hope the surgery goes smoothly

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to get back to my schedule for my classes - can't fall behind! so I may not post as often during the week, but I will try to check in
Katy

Marti
10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Morning ladies--

Tried to get some extra sleep since I'll be working late this week, but that didn't last long. Tomorrow will be better.

Cristina--I hope your nephew gets a chance to see/meet his half siblings.....it's the same with the parent...at least you got to meet them. At first, knowing my sister moved to Oregon to be closer to us was fantastic and we saw her quite often. We all had a little bonding, more than I did with my mom. But something happened w/her and I just haven't heard from her, it wasn't like we had a falling out, she had moved in with some friends (before she could move into her own place) and that was it! Have no idea who the friends are, where they are, and so on. I hope she didn't find a group of "bad" friends. She's 9yrs younger than me and I had tended to be protective of her...maybe I was overprotective?

Julie--Glad you got the extra pounds gone. I'm glad you took the friends kids...even though she may have been snotty, I'm sure the kids had no idea about it and love you to pieces! Did your friend have her baby???

Angie--Your auction did sound like lots of fun!! Brandon will be in my thoughts while he's in surgery! Sending lots of good vibes his way ((((((HUGS))))))) keep us informed on how it all went and how he's doing.

Jane--James & I spend our Sunday running around up in Eugene. We did some Treadmill pricing and comparing. Went to Costco and decided that next paycheck we're getting the card renewed! :) Didn't get the treadmill, but did check out all the different varieties and prices. Then we ended up going to Winco to do some shopping and we did a ton of it! Shouldn't have to go for anything for a month...except for the basic staples such as bread & milk. So we had a busy day!

Jen--Hope you start feeling better! And good for you sending the cookies away with your dbf!

Kathy--Can you believe that I don't have ONE photo of the wedding in a scrapbook yet?? I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, I want it to be just right when I do it. I've already scanned my dress I wore for some paper! You ought to try scrapbooking once. You'll like it, and if not, at least you'll know!

Katy--What brilliant coaches you have bringing their digitals! I'm sure with all the camera's clicking away that you'll probably have better pictures taken anyway! This weekend I plan on taking some photos of Jhanai....just because and so she can roll her eyes at me as I do it! :D

Hope everyone is having a great Monday morning. I need to make some phone calls about getting my hair cut, pay some bills, look at my lawn growing even more rather than mow it......... such a busy day before work! :lol:

Take Care

FrouFrou
10-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Just a quick Hi ladies for now :wave:

Got on the computer too late in the day so will try to catch up later.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

jewels2
10-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, I'll tell you, my friend didnt have the baby yet, they sent her home today because she hasnt dilated anymore since the steroids they gave her!! So now shes home on bed rest, but yesterday when I had the kids she called and was coping an attitude with me over the phone, now get this, her and her boyfriend have 2 kids now and theyhave just decided to get married, so they're rushing to have a shower for her this month and a wedding in december, while meanwhile the baby could come at any time.....ANYWAY, Im supposed to make the desserts for the shower and we're talking like 60 people coming, so guess what, if that attitude problem doesnt change soon, Im not doing anything for this shower in two weeks!!!! Granted I do it cause I love the kids, but unfortunately it's not fair that I get treated like a jerk in the process, she fails to appreciate that I do things for her, their own family wouldn't do!!!! So we could be having a fallout here pretty soon, cause Im wearing thin with it all!!!!
As far as the baby thing, ANGIE, my fiance and I are planning on starting a family once I finish school this year, we took the steps to find out if he could have kids, because he was told it may be a problem, anyhow his sperm count came back extremely low, and we have to go to an endocrinologist tomorrow, so that they can check him to see if it's his testosterone, if thats the case, hopefully with medicine, in a few months his count will be up to where we can start trying, but we're hoping it's just the case of testosterone..!!!! It's so hard , because I fear the WHAT IF?? I just hope it works out for us, cause we'll be devastated if we get more bad news!!

Hello to Jane, Marti, Jen, Angie, RosieKate, Cristina, Sue, Susan, and Lucky Charm( sorry we havent spoke yet, so I didnt catch your name)!!!!!!

I'll keep you informed!!! Have a great evening

Julie

Jane
10-04-2004, 05:15 PM
This has to be a quick one....

I've been on the computer for quite awhile, doing a will in case the plane goes down... scary, but possible. Neal and I already have a will, leaving everything to our 3 children, but needed to do a temporary one for this trip.

Wanted to mention a new product I'm loving. It's Progresso brand soup, called Garden Vegetable. It says "New" on the label. Has veggies and a few kidney beans in it, and the whole can is 3 points. I add lots of whole tomatoes and eat 1/2 the can for 1.5 points. This is soooooo good!!

Today is Dale's birthday - so we're going over there to celebrate after dinner. I will be taking my own dessert, thank you anyway, lol. I have been a good MIL and not calling him Derwood like I usually do, since it's his birthday. :D

:wave: Hi to all my Jaded buddies... hope you're all having a good day!!

BBL,

Dolphin
10-04-2004, 08:15 PM
HIYA! :wave: Well, I'm feeling better, both with PMS and pain. At least Monday was good for something!

Oh yeah, it was good for a new job too! Have to say, a little confused right now, but I would be more concerned if I wasn't. It is something new after all. I think I am going to like it. I sure hope so anyway.

I'm trying really hard to stay on the wagon. The weekend wasn't so great, I guess it was the whole PMS thing. But today is all new. Ate a nice healthy lunch of veggies, as good as you can get in a hospital cafeteria, had leftover chili and cornbread for dinner. Probably sneak in a snack before bed, but I can afford it today. And then I came home and took a walk with the poochie.

Jane - I found that alot of Progresso's soups are yummy. And many are not too terrible in calories. Oh, and btw, we went out to dinner on Saturday, ALL of the kids were monsters, 3 different tables were screaming. When one quit, the next started. I think they planned it just for me!

Julie - I don't know what to tell you about your friend. I hate to see people try to take advantage of someone like that. I guess I don't understand what the big rush is this time to push a shower and wedding. I would think all the excitement and stress would be a bad thing.

Marti - Don't think I didn't try 1 or 2 or 3 of those cookies before I sent them off with dbf. I had to make sure I wasn't sending him with a bad batch ya know! How long has it been since you've talked to your sister?

Katy - You are much more creative than I am. I did sign up for a couple of classes through the activity center today. "Superior Soups" and "Beginning Yoga". That's about as good as I get. If they go well, I may sign up for a couple more. But I can do nothing with sewing or knitting.

Angie - OMG, I didn't realize Brandon's surgery was that much work. When is he going to have that done?

Lucky - I've got one bowl of chili left, if you hurry, I'll save it for you! It was only 55 today, and down to 28 tonight, so it tasted good!

Well, guess I've got to go do something. Seems there's always something.

Jen

da fat n da furious
10-04-2004, 11:49 PM
I was a hit with my soup today! Thanks Jen. I made the butternut squash one...yum

Jane, I do the same thing each time we leave for holidays, I always tell each side of the family they wil for each side. And if something does happen and they don't follow our wishes we will haunt them...so far so good...lol

Marti, I used to work nights and I remember it throwing my system out of wack.

RK I used to sew all the time too, both boys baby rooms were my handiwork, bridesmaid gowns, christmas outfits, quilts, I did alot of fun things and most without a pattern cause I hate following them. Your crocheting ponchos? So in right now, I got one from Wallys last week to match my suede pink boots...lol Im going to have to go back and buy a black or red one.

Julie, you are a good friend, but yes you need to let her know shes overstepping the friendship boundaries.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALE!!!!!!!

Well I have great news and some cranky news...
I was told on Friday that if you are going in for surgery you should never take Advil before cause its a blood thinner,,,i didnt know that and here is Brandon sucking back close to 20 a day. So I was worried, I called this morning and had to page his Dr. She comes on and says hes fine,,,then proceeds to tell me that we may be able to avoid this surgery. Heart pounding,,,she goes onto say she was at a conference this past weekend and brought up Brandon as one her sever cases, and one other DR across Canada said he had a similar case recently and did this non ivasive ( cutting open) procedure, he is under, but they draw blood, doa biopsy, and shoot him up with steriods,,,and of course check his mobility while under. I was close to tears hearing this cause ya Im stressed over this, and when I got home I excitedly tell him,,,hes mad about all the work he did telling his teachers and dealing with his guidance councilor and all his friends know, and well work and well he wants the surgery. arghhhh I have been talking non stop about this being a good thing and hes not seeing it that way. Being 17 he does have his rights, infact if he doesn't want me in the dr office I can't go in,,,,so don't know what more I can do, he wants me to talk to her tomorrow and explain his side...I don't want to. But I think what I will do is call and see about a quick office visit before surgery so they can talk.
other then that nothing else is happening....lol....
Angie

tommysgirl18
10-05-2004, 02:24 AM
hey ladies....I hear you all were missing me!

I am back now. I broke our hard drive....I turned it off before it was done closing down, so we had to take it up to my parents so that my dad could fix it. while we was fixing it, we went into town with my mom and she got Brandon's pictures taken. They come in on the 18th, and I can't wait to get them!!!! I will try and post them later if I can figure out a way to do it. If not, I will get them up on his webpage when we get them! My mom even got a family picture of us three with a christmas background.

lets see....what else has been going on? Brandon is almost rolling over. He will get his body over, but then his shoulders get in the way and won't let him roll over. he is also trying to crawl/scoot around when he is on his belly.

oh yeah....our furance has also been out for about a week or two now. I have to call the guy when I get up, which means I better get my booty to sleep. thank goodness for having a fireplace!

that about covers it from this end.....I am back on the computer now, so I should be able to check in more!

luckycharm
10-05-2004, 08:28 AM
goodmorning-everyone

I'll-just-say-goodmorning-because-our-keyboard-is-not-working-and-I-have-no-space-bar.

Have-a-wonderful-day

Kathy

Jane
10-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Happy Tuesday, ladies!

Kathy - lol, hope you get a new keyboard soon! Also hope you get the land you're bidding on. Is it close to where you are now? My niece has stamping parties and always tries to get me to come, but I tell her No Way until I use up some of the scrapbooking supplies I have. But stamping really can be creative!

Jen - glad you're liking the new job, and hope the people are nice. When I'm at a restaurant and a child near starts acting up, if they look my way, I start playing peek-a-boo with them. That usually surprises them enough that they hush and start playing it back with me.

Angie - aww sweetie, you need a hug! (((HUG))) Well, maybe you could have the doc talk to Brandon face-to-face and explain how much better the no-surgery option is? What does Monte think about it?

Katy - glad you got your group pictures even without the photog. Wow, you really are a Renaissance woman! I never did get the hang of knitting or crochet. Good luck with your classes this week. Even if you are too busy to post much, know that we're thinking of you, ok?

Marti - so are you getting a new hair style or just a trim? I'm getting mine done today. Glad you and your honey had fun this weekend. How's the pen pal thing going with Jhanai and Dani? I hardly ever get to talk to her mom.

Cristi - how's the back? Much better, I hope. Did you ever get the Terry Village catalog? I know you like catalogs, like me, and this one is so good. It's the one Jen told us about.

Julie - hmmm, I'm thinking your friend is somewhat of a parasite. She bears watching closely and pregnant or not, may have to be dumped, lol. Good luck at the consultation today.

Mindee - glad to see you! I kinda thought you had computer problems. Hope you get the furnace fixed soon.

Shanna - git your bony butt in here, missy!! How're classes going? Did you find enough mouths to x-ray?

Susan - I'm still waiting on my newletter.. (fingers strumming the table), lol. Have fun with your little one today.

Hi also to Sam, Sue, Katiecat, and anyone else reading this.

As I told Marti, I'm getting my hair trimmed in length and colored today. I haven't been to the salon in months and months. Mary has been doing my hair color, and I've been letting the layers grow. Anyway, I want it to look nice for our vacation.

We have just about all the stuff packed for the box we're sending ahead to the resort. This includes diapers, wipes, swim diapers, popcorn, juice boxes, paper products like plates & bowls, peanut butter in a tube and graham crackers wrapped in bubble stuff, Cheerios, raisins, etc, etc. . This is all stuff we aren't bringing back. I'm sending it out on Monday by UPS so I'll have a tracking number. The resort will hold it in the luggage room until we arrive. And it's all in a lime green box so they will have no trouble finding it in the luggage room, lol.

I also have printed labels for postcards so I don't have to bother addressing them, and the postcard stamps are in my billfold.

Jeez, I didn't mean to write a novel! Have a good day!

SqueakMouse
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I just wanted to say a quick hello and to let everyone know that I think about them everyday and wish to god my computer wasn't a pile pf poo so I could come on more frequently, but it takes me like 5 min to get online, and 2-5 minutes to jump between pages, so I would need a good two hours to post everything I want to post and comment on everyones life and mine. With two hours in short supply around here, it is seeming more impossible by the day. LOL Maybe I could be lucky and win a new computer or something. Anywho, Everything is going pretty much the same as I posted last time ( hmmm when was that???;-( sad ) however it has gotten worse since my boyfriend gave me his sickness. It is not his fault of course, it comes with the territory if you live with someone, anyone. However when I have so much stress and so much knowledge being shoved down my throat, I need to keep my strength up. So this is a set-back. Right now I sound like a person named edith who has been smoking for 40 years and still gets her hair set every week.LOL So I have been drinking green tea and trying to hold my head up so the weight of it doesn't tumble off my shoulders. It sucks to be really sick and bone tired when you go to school all day and are already really tired. Heaven help me when someone actually responds to my applications and resumes to offer me a job. I have got nothing back yet, no feedback, no one saying that I exist and they got my bid for a job. Very stressful indeed. Anywho, I just wanted you all to know I am still alive, barely, and that I hope all of you gals have a wonderful week and I will try really hard to set up ablock of time to get on here every week, but in case I don't have the chance you guys are in my heart.

Jane
10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Shanna - you and I were posting close to the same time. Keep your chin up, and take care!!

da fat n da furious
10-05-2004, 09:58 AM
HA HA HA Shanna good one, about Edith, she came to visit me a few times this year, but she didnt' get her hair set while she was with me but boy can she smoke like a chimney...lol

Jane you are organized hmmm wonder if it comes with being a virgo?
As for Monte, he agrees with me and wants Brandon to do the non surgery part first. Like the Dr said if we can avoid we will, but this may be a delaying prodedure, and Im ok with that. This term he has full classes so I was worried about school also, grade 12 is not a year to mess with. Next term he has 2 classes of importance that would be easier to work around then 4 right now.

I have a list of things I want to do today,,,Im expecting too much from me today but I like a challenge.
better get doing that...
Angie

Marti
10-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Good Morning ladies--

Cristina--When you get more time, come visit us! I do love how you stop in to say hi during your busy time though!

Julie--Ok, I'm with Jane here, a friend like that isn't worth keeping. I would bow out now with the wedding shower and stuff too. There is just so much that should be expected from a friend! Or.....limit the time you see each other in a drastic way, that way there is no way for being taken advantage of. Plus you have your own worries w/the baby you and BF are wanting...why add that to your stress?? Time to move on or have one LONG SERIOUS talk with that girl!

Jen--It's been a year on Halloween since I've talked to my sister. That was the last that I heard or seen of her. She had plans to move into her own place and was temporarily living with some friends until she did. Now the crazy thing is, I heard that this friend lives in MY town!! (which is not big) I figured that there must be something going on with her and she just doesn't want to keep in touch right now. So I just let it go....let her make the first move.

Angie--A good idea about setting up a visit before surgery for the doctor to talk to Brandon. I too sending you BIG HUGS!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) Hope he decides to go the non surgery way.

Mindee--Hope your furnace is fixed so you can keep your little bundle of joy warm. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Kathy--Hope that a new keyboard comes your way. I did enjoy reading your post though.....a little different and entertaining!

Jane--What a great idea w/sending stuff ahead of time for your travels. And the will you wrote up is a good idea too even though its scary having to do it...but you never know with air flights. I think you're family is smart. I'm excited for you all and know that everything will come along just fine and that you'll have so much to tell us by the time you get back home that you'll explode from keeping it in for so long!

Shanna--Hope you start to feeling better. Keep drinking your fluids and start taking your vitamins. Very important. Don't want to be sick for too long. Very hard to concentrate and study when you have a cold. Sending good vibes that you start feeling better soon. (((((((GET WELL!)))))))))

Well, as you can see, I am posting early. I should be in bed. BUT......after I took a shower yesterday afternoon, so I can get ready to go the beauty salon, I got a call from work asking if I could come in early because they are short on people. Not a problem. So I had to call the salon and cancell my appointment and rushed to work by 1:30. They want me in today at 11:30. I asked if they need me early all week....they don't know yet, they have to see how nights will do w/out me. So much for tackling my hair! I wanted to get a layered style using a razor cut and that was it.....ask about prices for coloring hair and possibly do that the next time........but now who knows when it will be done.

I am tired. I got to bed late and woke up at 6:00......I have things I need to do before I go to work. BUT---I got my trusty old coffee to start my day and I even bought some International coffee for a sweet taste!! French Vanilla being my FAVORITE!

Ok....I must get going.....sorry this turned out so long!

Take Care

Marti
10-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi Angie! Hi Jane! Didn't realize you two were on as I was typing that long post!

Hope you have a wonderful morning!

RosieKate
10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Ok - I can't resist the WWLJD thread - I just have too many opinions about things....Should start my own Dear Abby column, since I know everything, you know, lol!

Jane - Did you know i also tap dance? Seriously. Been on hiatus since DD - just no time, but I've been getting the urge lately...gotta finish the ponchos first :)

Jen- If you haven't done yoga before, you are in for a treat. I used to practice right after DS was born. I was so heavy and had a sore back all the time - and yoga was great for that. I usually stay away from family restaurants...that's probably why I don't think kids are monsters, in general. I also stay away from the grocery store between 5 and 7.....I feel for you - cause I can just visuallize what was happening in the restaraunt. It helps to spend some time around kids who are happy and engaged, not tired, hungry, and stressed - a whole different world!

I just looked at the time - and I gotta get the DD to preschool...so much I want to write today, but it will have to wait unfortunately..so you are all in my thoughts today and I will get back when I can
Katy

da fat n da furious
10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Marti, I was always told never to razor cut when you have natural waves/curls,,,makes it frizz. Unless its under the bulk of hair, near the nape.
Well thats kinda cool that your not working late into the evening, almost normal hours.
Im stalling I hate cleaning my office,,,
going to go and clean a bathroom that usually jump starts my cleaning frenzy....lol
ttfn
Angie

Jane
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Just peeking in before dinner...

Angie - yep, I think all Virgo are organized. Sounds like next semester would be a lot better for Brandon's surgery.... will he go along with that?

Marti - wow, you are a good employee and I bet they'll remember this when it's evaluation time.

Well, my hair stylist didn't mention at all that I'd even lost 1 pound. She weighs approximately what I did when I began. Hmmmm... but her DH, my nephew, came in just as I was leaving and made up for it. He goes, Oh my God, how much weight have you lost??? Although I don't look to others for validation, it was nice of him to comment on it.

Gotta go make like a cook....

BBL,

jewels2
10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Well just wanted to touch base while I had a minute, We went to the doctors today, and it was very disappointing, they hadnt even bothered to look into our situation before they saw us, so we learned nothing today!!! They are sending him for more blood work, which means more time to wait!!! They offered us no solutions, and even went into asking if we'd thought of in vitro fertilization......HELLO, we went to have his hormone levels checked so hopefully we could get medicine and avoid the extreeme measure, such as in vitro!!! So needless to say I am very frustrated, because I waited 2 months for basically nothing!!!
Its just so hard to deal with, when everyone around us is having babies left and right, its really makes you feel bad!!! It sounds selfish, but it's tough!!

Hello to all the girls, Jane, Marti, Shanna, Jen, Angie, Cristi, Kathy, Sue, Susan

Jane- your hairdresser is probably jealous!!!! Good for You!!!

MARTI- I love international coffee, chocolate cappucino is my fav!!!

Thats all for now, wish I had more time

Julie

Dolphin
10-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Getting pretty late for me to be posting tonight! But I don't have to be in until 9am, so I'm good for a little while yet! I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 tonight. It was released on DVD today. I am absolutely disgusted. I knew we had been duped, but not to that extent.

This weekend we are celebrating my Grandmother's 70th birthday. Dbf is going with me. Even though we have been together over 71/2 yrs, he has met my mom only twice, and my aunt once, all related to my hospitalizations. This should be interesting.

Angie - I'm glad the soup went over well. I made the pumpkin soup tonight. I think I put in way too much of the red pepper flakes. Boy is it spicy. And the leftovers will be even worse tomorrow! YIKES! Has Brandon ever had surgery before? As a nurse, I find alot of patients jump on the surgery bandwagon, only to find out it's much more than they expected. Going through it and the recovery are alot worse than hearing how bad it's going to be. I would always try non-surgical options first.

Jane - Oh Jane, it's going to be a cold day in .... Florida (!) before I play peekaboo with kids, let alone strange screaming ones! Lets just agree to disagree on this one. It sounds like your hairdresser probably is jealous of your loss. Too bad she has to feel that way instead of it inspiring her to do the same.

Shanna - or is it Edith? Let me tell you, sometimes it takes a long time for apps to be processed through HR, management, etc. Sometimes alot longer than it should, for whatever reason. Don't give up hope.

Marti - You are officially back in the working world now, schedule changes, up in the air for the rest of the week. That's one thing I always hated, those darn phone calls. It's too bad about your sister. But unfortunately, these things are sometimes for the best. My brother is about 2 1/2 hrs away, and my mom lives with him. I talk to them maybe once or twice a year. And I'm much better off that way. Long story...

Katy - Unfortunately, people around here take there kids just about anywhere. Maybe I should start bringing my collie and 8 cats along! One hairball and I think they'd see my point of view! lol I have done yoga before, even with this instructor. She's alright. I've been in her class a couple of times, once my gynecologist was in there as well. I was in the back of the class that time! I also have a couple of videos, but it's been awhile. I'm hoping this will get me back on track.

Julie - That's too bad you didn't get what you wanted out of your doc. That's so frustrating. Alot of docs forget that patients hire (HIRE) them to take care of them, just like a plumber, electrician, or beautician, and can be fired just as easily. Unless, of course, the specialty is limited in your area.

Well, enough time has passed that I need to get to bed now. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Jen

da fat n da furious
10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Jane, I would have to agree the hairdresser is jealous and not comfortable with herself to give praise where it belongs.
Julie, well that just sux doesn't it, I waited 53 weeks for a gyno and it took all of 10 minutes for the Dr to read my chart and schedule me one month later for surgery. This was the 3rd gyno and 4th family Dr to get the right DR to see there was a problem. And one year later I feel FANTASTIC. So as much as its horrible to wait, it could be the best well worth wait ever.
Jen, I had to run into the office today to get all the phone numbers I had written down and forgotten and once at my desk saw that I not only won 1 prize but 2 out of the 3! My soup rocks! I think Im going to try adding diced chicken breast to make it a full meal, lil more protein. This is Brandon's first surgery, and yes he has the mentallity that it will save him from alot of pain. He is in agony,,,its noticable. Caught he trying to take 4 tyenol this morning,,,I freaked and his reply, Ive been doing this for a while now...relax...RELAX? I wigged....
Talked with the DR this afternoon, and she was firm on this procedure, which Im backing 100%. And I told Brandon that she said if he doesn't do this one then she won't be doing anything with him, find a new Dr. WOW tough eh? I was so relieved she was being firm that after getting off the phone I cried fwith emotional release, Im exhausted, I cant' sleep when Im stressed, tossed and turned then had to be up at 6 to take Tan to band practise...first time we have been on time.
Anyways thats about it, need to get to bed,
night
Angie

suetalks
10-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Another day, another Dr. appt. I am feeling better after talking to the Gastro. Dr. about the chance of the cancer being invasive. The dermatologist wasn't quite as plain spoken, so I was worried. I am also having an MRI on Friday and lots of new blood work, then will go back on the 26th to get those results. Get stitches out of my back the 12th, so maybe by the end of this month I will be finsihed with Drs. until the end of Dec. We have decided to go West in Nov. and come home around Christmas for Dr. appts. and tests.
I spent today cleaning out my closet and making a pile of clothes in the spare room that I need to take to Vegas. My summer clothes have to go back and forth, I can't afford 2 wardrobes. I do have several pairs of jeans and shirts out there and enough undies, socks and p.j's that I don't have to take those. Makes it easier. We can usually get by with taking one big suitcase and a carry on. I have to put our medicines, checkbooks, and glasses in the carry on.

Julie- I was sorry to hear that the Dr. didn't give you any answers today. I know how frustrating that can be.

Jen- Not to be political here, but re: Fahrenheit 9/11...don't believe all of what you see. Remember there are 2 sides to every story and politics are a mud bath. I had heard there were some mis-representations in the film. Hope dbf enjoys going to your grandmother's BD with you.

Marti- You are getting a work out just trying to keep your employers happy. Do you mind the screwy hours? At least they will know they can count on you. I just saw an ad for hazelnut de-caf coffee. I have never had flavored types since I need de-caf. Now I want to get that as it sounds yummy.

Shanna- Get feeling better! Good luck at school. My DS has to take a huge test this month, a baby bar exam. They have to pass or keep taking it. He said he is studying night and day. I feel sorry as he is also trying to keep his business going. Thank goodness for my step-son as he is the other half of the business and picks up the slack.

Katy- Good luck with your classes also. TAP DANCE? What can't you do lady? I can't even knit or crochet but I do sew.

Mindee and Kathy- Welcome back. Computer troubles are the pits!!

Angie- My hubby is a Virgo and very organized. Also a neat/clean freak. Hope Brandon decides on the non-invasive treatment first. Good luck with that.

Jane- Thank you for the card. I got a good laugh. Hope your hair looks like you wanted it to. I have colored mine for years and do it myself. I am just now letting the color grow out and hope it is not too awful gray. My kids and DH want to see my natural color. LOL. I have decided to get it cut real short if it isn't too gray. DO you rent a car at Disney? Sounds like you will have a kitchen with all the foodstuff you are taking. And yes..you are organized!

We have had cold nights and frost. DH picked the rest of our apples yesterday and I made him a pie. Luckily I don't eat pie. (unless it is a cream pie) Tomorrow will be a house cleaning day I guess. I have the laundry all caught up, so really just need to sweep and dust. Did the bathrooms yesterday and washed rugs.
I started walking on the treadmill since my friend has gone away for 2 weeks again. I did walk with DH last night, but he walks too slow for me. Why is it harder to walk on the treadmill than outside? I do 40 or 50 minutes outside and can only do half of that on the treadmill. My legs get so shaky. Well, every little bit helps.
Goodnight and hope you all have a HAPPY HUMP DAY tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
10-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Things have been crazy around here….but they are looking up!! We had computer problems and furnace problems. But now the computer is fixed and the furnace is getting there.

We have had some major eye opening times while we have been without the computer. Brandon is close to rolling over on his own. He will turn his body but then gets stuck at his shoulders and can’t go any more.

The main eye opener has to do with our Christmas plans. Usually, in the past, we have gone and done Tommy’s Uncle’s house on Christmas Eve, and then his Aunt’s house on Christmas Day. But Wednesday of last week Tommy asked me if I had remembered seeing a hotel (can’t remember the name) in Bad Axe, which is out by my parents house. I said “yeah…why?” He said “cause I couldn’t remember if I had seen it or not.” The next night at dinner, he told me that he was thinking about going up to my parents house for Christmas and staying in a hotel near by. I said “what about your mom? You know we won’t hear the end of it from her.” And he said “screw her. In the past we have always done things with my family, we should start doing some things with yours.” So things are definitely moving in a much better direction here.

Also, we were discussing our annual Christmas party that we have, and we are forgoing having all his family over and we are going to make it a much younger crowd. We are like I said keeping it with a younger crowd….AND we are inviting my family! And of course some of our friends….but it will be more enjoyable then having his family over here!

Kathy~ Welcome to the group!!

Jana~ Yup….I did a good one on the hard drive. The furnace is pretty much fixed, the guy just has to come out one more time for a minor fix and we are good to go. At least we have heat now!

Shanna~ I hope things get better and you get better soon! Keep your chin up girlie!!

Angie~ I have no problems keeping Brandon warm at night. I would put him in his warmest pajamas and then put him under two blankets. Which at sometime during the night he would kick of the two blankets but leave one leg still under them.

Sue (talks)~ thanks for the welcome back! My hours seemed to have changed now that Brandon is older. I used to sneak on while he would nap. But those are coming less and less now. So the only time I can get on here is when he is down for the night and so is my hubby. Which is usually around midnight. Then I get on here for a couple of hours, and that takes me to when my hubby is getting up for work, and then I head to bed.

Real quickly there are some new pictures up on his webpage! Feel free to go and check them out!

Jane
10-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Let's see.. who's been here since I last checked in.....

Julie - these docs sometimes can really aggravate the patients! My BIL, who has terminal cancer, had an appt. in Indy with a specialist to find out what was what with his cancer, and he and my sis waited for this appt. with bated breath, all nervous and scared. The doc says... "well, I haven't had a chance to review your chart... come back in two weeks!" So sorry this happened to you and dbf!

Jen - lol, I knew the peek-a-boo scenario wasn't your style... I was just telling you what *I* do!! Hope you have fun this weekend with the fam and dbf. Are you loving these temps as much as I am?

Angie - (((more hugs))) bless you, hon, for having to go through all this stress. Maybe Brandon will listen now that the doc has spoken. I can see Bran's point, too. He just wants it over....

Sue - hope all your medical tests come back ok. No car needed at Disney. We always stay right on site, and take the bus, monorail or boat to wherever we want to go. Buses come every 15 minutes to the front of the resort for each park. This time we're staying at the new Pop Century, at the 60's building, right near the Hippy Dippy Pool, lol. Glad you like your birthday card... sorry it's a couple of days early, but I guess that's better than too late. Btw, yes, a treadmill is harder to walk on than walking outdoors. No strolling or stopping at the corner, lol.

Mindee - Christmas is right around the corner! Just last night I bought two Fisher Price Fun Sounds Playground sets.($14.97 at Walmart) One for Macy, and 1 for Caylin. This year, I'm buying only 1 present per person (except Katie, who still lives at home) and then we're giving money for the rest of their Christmas. I know the grown kids and their families would love to have all that extra cash to go have fun with after Christmas, and I don't want to do all that shopping, lol. Works out great for everyone, lol.

Thank you guys for your insight on the hair stylist - that's what Mary said, too! It makes me sad that she did that, though. I thought she would be very happy for me. I have ALWAYS been so excited for anyone who managed to lose weight, no matter what size I am!

The temp was 39 when I got up today, and is still in the low 40's. Brrrrr. But it's gonna warm up as the day goes on.

BBL,

Marti
10-06-2004, 11:49 AM
(I had this all typed up this morning at 7:00 and then I noticed that it wasn't going to post.....luckily I was able to copy before I got kicked out! So here is what I typed earlier....)

Good Morning ladies--

I don't have to be at work until 6:00 tonight (unless they call of coarse) and I will probably nap later on, but right now, I'm just not tired! (well, maybe a little.....)

Dear Katy: I'm 33 and married to a wonderful husband. My life is perfect in every way but one........I'm fat and feel undesirable, but can't stay away from the cookies and cakes....what should I do? :lol: thought I'd give you a taste of what being Dear Abby is all about! I really like yoga too....seems very close to pilates and I love pilates. I haven't done them in awhile....should start soon!

Jane--Well how rude of your stylist to not say anything. But I have to agree w/the others, she was probably jealous and just chose not to say anything. If she had, it may not have sounded genuine and you may have heard the resentment in her voice.....even though I think that would have inspired her to do something too. I'm so glad that your nephew DID comment! That should be put in your NSV list!

Julie--Sorry you're going through a tough time w/the doctors not looking at your records before hand. And they get paid for this?! Always has me wondering! The only doctor who I have dealt w/that was prompt, never kept me waiting and always was on top of things....was my surgeon who brought my "girls" into my life! I hope things get better and figured out soon for ya!

Jen--Have fun celebrating your grandma's birthday w/your family. And I hope your DBF enjoys himself too and gets to know more of your mom. We don't see my parents that often either. They live only an hour away if that, but their schedules are never in sync with mine.......at least when I call they're always "busy" :lol:

Angie--Time to hide all the medication until the day arrives. How old is he again?? Still needs his mama to tell him whats best! Got Tanners' pictures and I have to say......he looks so much like you! I can see the resemblance! Are those recent pictures?? And why wasn't there one of you in there???

Sue--Since I'm new and I've only been doing one thing for the last couple weeks, I figured that coming in will be good. Today though, I want to at least get my hair done before they call IF they do! The schedule doesn't bother me, as long as it's the same all week....this switching everyday is what's hard.

Mindee--Every year for Christmas Eve we go to my grandparents. This will be the first year w/out my grandmother and it will be hard. But it's a tradition that no one wants to stop.....we just have to do more of the decorating for my grandpa since my grandma did all that stuff. I hope you end up having fun no matter where you all decide to go. Can't believe Christmas is coming up so soon!!

Good Morning to the rest of the ladies here!!

Ok...I'm going to shower, read the paper, and wait for the time to go by so I can make an appointment to get my hair cut.

You all have a wonderful day.

Marti
10-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Hello again ladies--

I thought I would pop in real quick before getting ready for work. I TRIED to get a nap, but the dogs kept barking and barking and I finally gave up! So it's going to be a loooonnngg night! I won't get off until 2:30 and should be home a little before 3:00......I should sleep like a log tonight!

Got my hair trimmed. That's all I needed, but it made a big difference.....used the razor a little to give it a little flip in the back and in my bangs. Cute. But I still like the short due. Some day I may go back. Want to try and let it grow a bit longer before I decide.

Anyway...not many popping in today, hope you're all enjoying your Wednesday!

Talk to you all later.

Jane
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Back for just a minute...

Marti - it's amazing how much better we feel when our hair looks nice, isn't it?

Not sure when I'll be in tomorrow, so I wanted to say:

Happy Birthday, Sue!!

:balloons::cp::gift::bravo: :gift::cp: :balloons:

Hope you have a wonderful day - any special plans?

Dolphin
10-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh man, I just had a long post with individuals to everyone and I pushed the wrong button on my keyboard and WHAMMO, gone! Crud! I guess here's the brief version...

Work went well today, busy, but good busy, and not too stressful. I like that!

Skipped breakfast today, had a migraine. Didn't have time for a lunch, case conferences, so I get to have a snack tonight while I watch CSI NY!

Marti - It's hard to try to sleep during the day, especially at first. Are your regular hours going to be 6p-230a? I've worked the 11p-7a and 7p-7a before. Summer is always the hardest.

Jane - Yes, I love this weather. Wonderful days and cool nights. Great for sleeping! How are you going to adjust to FL weather???

Sue - I went into the movie thinking 50% true, and it's still gut renching for me. But anywho...Glad your gastro was easier to talk to and understand. It's going to be hard to wait for the test results until the 26th? Can you call your doc ahead of time?

Angie - Glad the soup was THAT good. I haven't tried that one, I found it in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago, but now I have to make it! I would be worried about Brandon taking too much tylenol. How much in 24 hrs? It can be toxic to your liver. Does his doc know???

Well, that's about it in a nutshell. I have to go rest, and snack, and watch the TV before bed!

Jen

suetalks
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jane. We plan to go out to eat with my DD at lunch. Have a margarita or two. That is probably it. :) I have already gotten several cards and will hear from the other kids tomorrow I am sure.
Today we went out driving and looking at lots. Paid some bills and came home. Then I made some calls about lots and we went out again. I told DH it seemed like a Sunday drive when I was a kid. All over the country. And we found some areas we had not known about. So far we have not found THE ONE that grabs us, but a few that we like somewhat. Had hoped to buy a lot before we go west for the winter, but looks like we might not get one until Spring now. We want to build next Fall. DD and her hubby are building this Fall, so we wanted to wait until they get done. It's a conundrum.

My back is feeling much better except it itches. A good sign I guess, but I can't scratch it. ugh!

DH finished the walnut entertainment center for his sister and it is beautiful. I can't wait to see her face when we deliver it.

Have a good Thursday JL's.

tommysgirl18
10-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Jana~ I think that we are going to start our shopping soon. That way we can get it done little by little. And it will come in handy when Tommy gets his license back in December, long story about that, and then we can hopefully finish it all up then. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone, and is going. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with Brandon, now we are closing in on the home stretch to his first birthday!

Marti~ Since we have been together, we have done things mainly with his family. I have grinned and bared it for too long. And finally when things all blew up with his mom and sister, I think my hubby finally realized all that I have basically given up during the past five years. Granted it seemed much easier because my parents live 2 ½ hours away from us, but it will make for a good time. Since I won’t have to listen to his mom constantly comparing her grandchildren to each other. I can’t believe that we are fastly closing in on Brandon’s first Halloween. (BTW, my sister has his costume done, and hopefully we will get it this coming weekend. We are planning to get together.)

Sue~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

jewels2
10-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey Girls

Happy Birthday Sue!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a nice day today, Thank you all for your support in the doctor matter, DBF went to have his bloodwork done today and hopefully we will hear a bit more from the doctor next week, it takes about 6 days for the results to come back and then the doc is supposed to have some options for us, we hope... so I'll keep you informed... Everything else is pretty much the same around here, gearing up for a nice 3 day weekend...to catch up on my homework that I've totally been blowing off these days...my dieting hasnt been great either, Ive been eating ice cream alot to soothe my frustration!!
Gotta stop that....I guess I just havent been myself with all this junk on my mind... I think I may need to go get one of those makeover hair-dos to make myself feel better, Oh well gotta get back to work, I'll check in with ya later

Hello to Jen, Jane, Marti, Sue, Susan, Angie, Mindee, Cristi, RosieKate,Kathy and anyone else I may have missed

Julie

Marti
10-07-2004, 01:01 PM
:flow1: Happy Birthday Sue!!! :flow1:
:hb: :cb: :cp: :hat: :gift: :flow2: :dancer: :grouphug: :wizard: :balloons: :encore: :cheer:

RosieKate
10-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Sue!

da fat n da furious
10-07-2004, 11:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!!

:wave: :joker: :gift: :dance: :hat: :flow1: :goodvibes :cloud9: :queen: :wizard: :balloons: :bubbles: :encore:

da fat n da furious
10-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Hello Ladies
All went well today, we even got in to surgery earlier then was told. Brandon is in alot of pain but doing a biopsy with the bones I guess would be pretty painful. It was cute seeing Brandon in a bed/crib...lol This was done at the children's Hospital and well they don't get many 6"2 children in there. I laughed this one nurse called Brandon's name and when he was walking up to her she was trying to look around him for the lil guy, and was shocked to see him, she laughed and said she thought he was one of the dads and not the lil guy she was expecting.

So in 4 weeks we go see the Dr to find out the results of everything.
Well even though its 9 pm Im fried and going to bed....night all
Angie

suetalks
10-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely lunch with DH and DD...lovely until they had a hat put on my head and a marachi band sing Happy Birthday! ugh.. The margaritas were worth it though.
Hubby got me a DVD player..yes, I came out of the dark ages!!
Not staying up tonight as I have a MRI at 6:15 a.m. Can't believe I let them schedule it that early.
Have a good Friday everyone.

luckycharm
10-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Hi-Everyone.

Sorry-keyboard-is-still-not-fixed.

HAPPY_BIRTHDAY-Sue

Kristi-had-her-MRI-yesterday-and-the-results-are-already-back.
She-needs-to-go-to-a-specialist-to-see-how-to-repair-her-knee.

Hello-to-everyone.--Hope-you-have-a-GREAT-Friday

Kathy

Jane
10-08-2004, 08:17 AM
TGIF, ladies!

Marti - I have a lot of stuff I could put on the NSV thread, but don't. Something happens, or is said, almost daily that makes me want to fall to my knees and thank God for helping me through this weight loss journey.

Jen - glad you're liking the new job. It's gotta give you a whole new attitude about going to work!

Sue - glad you had a nice birthday! So did you dance on the table?

Mindee - I really don't like it when people start comparing kids, especially the grandma, and can see why that would bug you. That sounds like a topic for our "WWJLD" thread, lol. If she continues to do this when the kids are old enough to understand, it can effect the child who is coming up short in the comparison. Personally, I'd ask my DH to tell her to knock it off.

Julie - well, once you know what you're dealing with, it will be easier, don't you think so? Fear of the unknown is the scariest kind of fear. At least once you know, then you'll have options.

Angie - oh poor Brandon! Glad this much is over for him. I had to laugh when I pictured him in that crib bed, lol.

Kathy - So sorry about your little one's knee! When will the procedure be done? Keyboards are relatively inexpensive now.. it may be a better option to get a new one than to try and fix the old one. Just a thought. Once I had one that the N wouldn't work, so I typed an M instead, lol. Made for some funny words!

Hi to Cristina, Susan, Sam, Katy, & Shanna.

I had a sad day yesterday. We had to put our old beagle Rosie to sleep. She was blind and had other health problems. Neal took her, and then brought her home to bury her. I kept thinking about the day we got her, when she was a pup, and how she hid behind the couch until I bribed her out with pieces of a hot dog. I know she is pain-free now and will meet me on the Rainbow bridge someday. (Thanks Shanna!)

Gotta get my teeth cleaned today. Can't believe 6 months has gone by already and it's time for that again!

BBL,

Marti
10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Afternoon ladies!

I've been up an hour and got a whole lot of cleaning done already!! Laundry, dishes, garbage taken out, refridgerator cleaned out, floors swept and so on! Who knew that all could be done w/in an hour?! It's friday and I don't want to spend the weekend cleaning. James is picking up Jhanai tonight so she'll be here when I get home!!

Talked to some people about the parking situation and for nights....I found a solution! After 5:00, the parking structure (which has a walk way above the road) is only a $1 a night, and I never have to go outside on the way to the car!! I was thrilled! I just walk through the hospital and out the door and there the car will be! So now I have a safe parking spot for nights. And of coarse the next two weeks are days.......so I'll be parking in the same spot.....

Anyway,

Jen--My regular hours will be 6-2:30 once I'm fully trained on everything. Who knows how long that will be. I'm used to working nights so it's not an issue. At Sony I worked all the hours they had...noon-mid., mid-noon, 6pm-6am, 6am-6pm.....so I'm pretty flexible. Just gotta get back into it again after not working for over a year!

Julie--I'll keep my fingers crossed that the bloodwork comes back w/information that will help you.

Angie--I too had to laugh at the visual of Brandon in the bed! I even laughed at the thought of the nurse searching for a "little" one!! I hope he starts to feeling better. I'll be sending get well wishes his way!!!
(((((GET WELL BRANDON!!))))

Sue--Glad you had a wonderful Birthday! What a great gift! Did you get any movies to go with the DVD player?

Mindee--I also don't like it when grandparents compare grandkids. My mom (step) would do that all the time. Drove me crazy...so my visits were limited. Then my ex FIL would do the same but w/his dogs! I had my little Jhanai one time ask me, "Momma, why does grandpa love the dogs more than me?" OMG...broke my heart!! She was two, almost three. So I always make sure she knows she's loved very much.

Kathy--Sorry to hear about Kristi.....what happened to her knee?

Jane--I'm so sorry to hear about your Rosie! Such a sad thing to go through. I know when it's time for either of the little dogs here to go......it's going to be hard on James. Those are his babies. Sending hugs your way!
((((((HUGS)))))))

Good Afternoon to the rest of you girls! It's Friday let's enjoy it!

Ok...I have more things to get done before I leave tonight. So I best get. Have a wonderful weekend!

da fat n da furious
10-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Marti thats great, safer and cheaper! Gotta love that. Have a great weekend with your babies...lol
Jane, oh how sad to have to put your Rosie down.

Sue, arghhh I hate early appointments,,,the traffic here is insane. That hour I would have to wake at 3:30-4 am to make it.

Kathy, whats with your daughter? And if you need a ped surgion let me know I can give you our's

Brandon is feeling alot of pain still, he accidently moved his foot and almost passed out with the pain...ouch Codein helps,,,makes him sleep ALOT.

Tanner had football practise agian tonight, was going well, except there is a boy who Tanner says doesn't like him and keeps body slamming him from behind, its illegal to do, and the coaches have talked to the whole team, he was caught doing that to Tanner a couple of weeks ago but nothing other then a tongue lashing was done, well again tonight Tanner was hit from behind by this kid,,,well talking with other parents who had trouble with the same kid I figured I would talk to the head coach. That didn't seem to do nothing, told him how its been happening and how hes been after him was made to feel like I was being soft or something. Really ticked me off even when I told them about he was mouthing off right in front of me,,,
Well anyways Im walking to the van when another kid is freaking on this *kid* and he starts mouthing off, I know I shouldn't of but I just had enough of this one bully. But I told him to stop being a bully and that I was really pissed at him and wouldn't be taking anymore of his behaviour that I would get him kicked off the team if he continues to hit from behind. I told him to don't be such an idiot and keep trying to hurt his TEAM MATE. I did do this in front of another coach and did talk to that coach after about what was going on, he told me to talk to the head coach,,,told him I did ...blah blah, said that there shouldn't be on bully on the team beating the bleep out of his team mates as he has been doing. He said he would look more inot it and address the team about this....
So what are everyones plans for the weekend? We are going to Value Villiage to find halloween costumes...have lunch with another football mom and her player. Go see a movie later,,,then off to Sylvan for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Im making my prize winning soup...lol
Well beter get going, wanna watch tv...wow tv,,haven't watched much in so long...hope I know how to use the remote.
Angie

Tea Rose
10-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi There Ladies
I hope I'm not intruding here ,not really knowing how this is all done. I just wanted to wish all you canadien ladies and families a Happy Thanksgiving,and and everyone else a wonderful day.

Jane
10-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Hold on a sec.... hop over to # 82, ok?