Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 01:31 AM   #1  

Talking

I'm looking for some new ideas for my lunch that can be shared by anyone who is willing to post. My main lunch is the WW veggie soup 2c (0) l regular Natural Ovens wheat bun(2) Morning Star Farm tomato,basil pizza burger(2) topped off with sauted mushrooms, lettuce and tomato slices (0). and 1/2c watermelon cubes(1). OR : Some days I go for the (1)pt Boca burger w/ Natural Ovens Right Wheat bread l slice (1/2pt) w/ tomato slices,lettuce and dilled mustard (0) pts, 1/2 Sweet Potato shredded and cooked in fry pan sprayed w/butter Pam, a touch of season salt, and onion powder (cover and cook on med 3 mins, flip over cook 3 min more DONE!) Less than (3)pts. and 1/2 banana (1),.
Old 04-29-2001, 10:44 AM   #2  
banned

Default Mmm...

I'll have to try cooking sweet potatoe that way...sounds yummy!

Peace

~Judy
Old 04-29-2001, 11:35 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

i posted this under for a great low point food:
Great re heated in the microwave. Dress it any way you like to add the points!

Once a month I make crock pot chilli and freeze it for the need of low point food. It is easy and it frezzes well and believe it or not it is 1 point on 123 and 2 on winning points!

1 pkag garden crumble ( freezer section)
1 jar low fat tomato sause (i use aunt millies marrinara)
1 jar chunky picante (pick the hottness you like)
1 15oz can red beans
garlic, salt and pepper flakes

Defrost garden crumbel in pan with garlic, and pepper flakes to break up the crumbel and add all the stuff to the crock pot. On hi will cook in 4 hours and on low you can cook it all day.

Add salt as needed:
makes 10 really good size servings that I freez in single servings.

150 cals 10 grams of fiber and 2.2 grams of fat

Hope this will add variety to your day!
Old 04-29-2001, 12:40 PM   #4  

Some of the fat free canned soups are good and the entire can is generally only 4 points; such as Campbell's New England Clam Chowder and Progresso's Lentil. Makes a nice change from a sandwich.
Old 04-29-2001, 04:49 PM   #5  

Default FF hot dogs

I just had to fat free hot dogs (2) in Wonder Lite Buns (2).

I like them browned so, I pan fry the whole package using a little bit of PAM. I put the hot dogs right into the bun and then put them all right back in the bun bag. (If I plan to take some to work the next day, I'll stick a couple in a zip lock baggie so I'm ready to go the next day.)

Then when I'm very busy, like today, I can bring them out and nuke them for 45 seconds or so and lunch is ready.
Old 04-30-2001, 05:17 PM   #6  

Default try this if you like eggplant

i make this at home and pack it up in tupperware to microwave at the office. it's unbelievably easy and tasty, almost no points, and an excellent way to get your vegetables!

* one med eggplant
* three cans of chopped or pureed tomatoes flavored with garlic and italian seasonings (some say "for spaghetti" but they're all fat free), with juice
* half an onion
* mushrooms (as many as you like)
* spinach (ditto)
* whatever vegetables you have lurking in your kitchen: carrots, zuchinni, broccoli, peppers...

slice eggplant. put layer in pan you've sprayed with cooking spray. dump can of tomatoes over it and spread to sides. layer another sliced vegetable with another layer of eggplant and another can of tomatoes (it all cooks down nicely so you don't have to worry about alternating each dry layer with a layer of tomatoes).

cook for at least an hour at 375. it will get bubbly and make your house smell like an italian restaurant! depending on what vegetables you use, it may get runny. you can either spoon some of the liquid out of the pan (delicious broth!) or add a handful of rice or pasta to the casserole.

without non-vegetable additions, i assume that this is 1 point per half cup. i sometimes add tofu. this is completely easy and really really good!
Old 05-01-2001, 11:17 AM   #7  
Whiskey's Mom

Default My Favorite Lunches

Campbell's Soup to Go - Garden Veggie - 2 pts
Cheese Sandwich - 1 pt bun and Kraft deluxe cheese 2 pts - spray bun with ICBINB and add lettuce and tomato

Taco Salad
Morningstar Crumbles (1 pt)
F/F Kraft Cheese (1-2 pts)
Lettuce, Tomato and onion
F/F French Dressing (1 pt for 2 tbsp)
10 crushed Fat Free Tortilla chips (1pt)

Tuna Salad

Schwan's Pasta and Veggies (shell pasta, julienne carrots and peas) - 1 cup = 1-2 pts
3 oz tuna - 3 pts
chopped celery and onion
2 tbsp - f/f mayo - 1 pt

Just a few more ideas!
Old 05-01-2001, 01:01 PM   #8  

One of my favorite lunches is a Mexican Dip. Very filling and different when you are sick of sandwiches and salads.

1/2 cup FF Refried beans (2pts)
2 TB Breakstone Light Sour Cream (1 pt)
Salsa
Kraft 2% shredded Cheddar (1pt)

Layer in a tupperware dish and serve with a serving of baked tostitos.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:04 PM   #9  
LM

SueA2.

do you heat the Mexican dip? It sounds delicious.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:08 PM   #10  

No, I eat it cold.

I also sometimes make up a big pan and take it as a "dish to pass". It always goes well.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:19 PM   #11  
LM

SueA2 - it sounds awesome either way.

Afrikando - I say your eggplant casserole is free - no points at all! all free veggies (1/2 onion divided many ways doesn't count in my book). It also sounds delicious.

I'm going to try both of these ideas. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2001, 01:34 PM   #12  

GREAT IDEA'S, I'm hitting the store tonight after my ww meeting , the weigh-in is going to be a killer, just have that feeling even though I've been pretty good , TOM showed up this week, but then thats LIFE. Will be trying the many new ideas Thanks, KEEP POSTING, the more the merrier!
Old 05-01-2001, 03:10 PM   #13  

Variation on the Mexican Dip... I make something similar, though I suppose it's more for a snack than anything else.

Basically you omit the beans. So it's made of a layer of Salsa (0 pt), covered with 2 TB low fat sour cream (1 pt), topped with low fat cheese (1 pt). Again, eat with baked tostitos.

Delish!
Old 05-01-2001, 09:42 PM   #14  

Default Morningstar tomato basil pizza burger

Snowball, I figured these up as 3pts since it comes right exactly to the 3pt line.

Is anyone else counting them as 3?
They are so delicous I wish they were 2!
Old 05-02-2001, 07:23 AM   #15  

I usually like something warm for lunch, so to keep away from the school lunch tray, I will usually take a frozen entree that has around 4 points, an apple and a fat free pudding cup. (I like the chocolate/vanilla swirl) The pudding cup feeds my chocolate cravings.

My family doesn't leave many leftovers, but sometimes I will take left over rice, or noodles to school the next day.

My biggest challenge (SUMMER) is coming up when I don't have to follow a timed schedule. I may be coming back to you guys for lunch ideas!!!!

Elaine

297/288/199 first goal
Closed Thread