Old 10-02-2004, 11:30 PM   #1  

Default new and saying hello

Hey--Just joined this evening (rain and laziness kept me from going to a party and I don't even really feel badly about it) after skimming a number of the board for the past couple weeks.

I joined because I derailed somewhat from my so-far South Beach success and decided I needed a place for support and venting that didn't tax my friends who weren't going through the same thing with every little detail of what I ate and what I did or did not do at the gym. Supportive is one thing, listening to exhaustive descriptions of weight loss struggles is another unless you yourself are going through it.

I posted in the "about thread" so there are more details there that I won't rehash.

To synompsize my deal here: I'm on South Beach, have lost 12, have many more to go, and really like the tone and supportiveness of the forums.

ps charging for refills of Diet Coke is, to channel the 1980s, so totally bogus. As if not drinking in a bar with all of your friends isn't hard enough already. Honestly.
Celebrity Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #2  

Hi Celebrity Skin!

I just joined today and I'm also on South Beach. I had lost 14 lbs in two weeks but am kinda falling off the wagon (still lost 1lb this week.. so I'm not totally screwing things up)

I decided to mix things up a little.. so I've started to use South Beach for ideas but am using a program called Diet Power to track my weight loss struggle (a skinny co-worker showed me her before pictures and recommended it)

I'm not losing weight as fast as I was following South Beach (though the fast lost was bound to slow down anyways) but at least I am doing something that I can handle now... and I think it should not be a problem for me to eat like this for the rest of my life)

Well I'm off to do my excercise video...

Ciao!
Skinny bride to be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Celebrity skin and skinny bride to be - welcome! I know that there are a few other posters here who are also on the SBD. Both of you sound like fun and we'd love to have to around. Feel free to post wherever, we usually have some kind of challenge going, as well as weekly chats, weigh-ins, and exercise logs. Oh, and skinny btb- I just got married, after losing 80 lbs. from November 2003 to September 2004. I wasn't exactly skinny, but I know you can lose all the weight that you want to when you've got such a motivator in front of you!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:12 PM   #4  

Welcome celeb skin & skinny bride!! You'll love it here. Skinny Bride, what is Diet Power?
skinned knees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #5  
Ash

Welcome Celeb and Skinny. I just joined a couple of weeks ago and these ladies are awesome! Good luck on your weight loss journeys!!
Ashren80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

sk - diet power is a food log program like fitday, only, imho, better. But it's kind of a big one-time expense.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Girls, always glad to have new insight and new friends on the board!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote