Support Groups - Weighty Issues #20

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #20

angieME
10-01-2004, 10:56 AM
WEIGHTY ISSUES #20

Welcome to the October edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
10-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I cant believe it is October already. Time flies!!!

Noelle, Have fun on vacation!! We will miss you while you are gone.

Kempy, Got any interesting plans for this weekend?

Julie, How is your son liking school? Has he made alot of new friends?

Cherie, any news on your ex yet? My prayers go out to you all.

I think my kids are going to Wendy's house this weekend but I am not sure yet.

Other than that not a damn thing planned for my weekend. I have an exciting life huh? :lol:

I hope everyone can post today.

Jedi
10-01-2004, 01:54 PM
angie -thanks for the recipes they sound way yummy. My family loves teryaki. I am always looking for new ways to make the same old chicken. I think tonight might end up being a seafood night though. I've been wanting shrimp for the past week and albertsons has an awesome one day sale on shrimp and crab today. I always seem to want real butter with seafood though. I'm gonna try the butter spray stuff and keep my fingers crossed that it will be just as good. Maybe some ginger will help? any ideas?

melekalikimaka
10-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Happy October 1st! Wow, it's almost the end of the year :eek: where the heck did time go? Thought I'd pop in early since I'm sure to be extra busy today. I hope to work until about 11 or so then I have to go shopping for all the little odds and ends I'll need for my trip. I tried to start packing last night but I only succeeded in making a big messy pile of clothes on my bed. Poor Rick had to excavate to find the bed :lol:. I had a great time with my girlfriends last night. I'm hoping one of them will email me some pictures because I forgot my camera :(. I had a portabella mushroom w/chicken on penne pasta in a light cream sauce, it was delicious! I can still taste the garlic this morning *whew*... It's funny that no matter how time passes when you get a bunch of old friends together, the dynamic of the relationship doesn't change. I was and always will be the smart@ss of the group, my best GF will be the goofy one that gets joked on all the time, and the other friend will be the loud, maniacally laughing one. My sis on the other hand, was the quiet, straight-laced one who would always tell us to "stop it", whether we were fooling around too much, making too much noise or drinking a little too much--it's great and I love them.

Angie, have a great kid-free weekend. Hey, I'm reading the Cider House Rules by John Irving and it's set in Maine...:lol:

Jess, I have one of those talking pedometers that tell you when you've reached every 1000 steps, miles walked and supposedly how many calories you've burned. I don't use it very much because I always press the wrong buttons and I have to calibrate it every single time I use it. I guess it's a little too sophisticated for me. :^:

What's everyone else up to today? I'll be back later.

angieME
10-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey girls. I had pancakes for supper. The kids left right after school and I didnt know what to cook for just the 2 of us. I am sure my diet is hating me for the butter and sugar but they were good. :lol:

Where is everyone today? Off having fun I bet. I wished I was.

Noelle, Your get together sounds like a blast. I am glad you had fun. Are you up for a meet and greet with us this spring?

melekalikimaka
10-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi Angie, I wonder where everyone else is, hmmmmmmmm???? Maybe they got lost on the old thread? :lol:

I would love to meet up in the spring...when exactly is "spring"? We don't actually go by the seasons here in Hawaii, everything about the weather just kinda blends together. I'm guessing March? I don't know if I'll be able to scrape enough money together by then (I'm still thinking I'm going to Vegas for New Years) but I will definitely try to be there. I just loved New Orleans and I'd love to meet y'all in person.

I gotta run, got banking to do still--so much for leaving the office early!

:coach: COME OUT AND POST ALL YOU SLACKERS! :p

angieME
10-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Kempy, When would be a good time for you to have us visit? My sis has every other weekend off so I would have to go by those dates. Let me tell you she is so excited about going on a trip. I bet we can get her drunk and get her tattooed. :lol: :rofl:

Noelle, I hope you can do it. It would be so fun. I have started a stash for me to bring lots of money. I put $100.00 away already for it so you know I am ready to come meet you all.

When do you leave? In the morning? Have fun.

Julie, Where are ya girlie?

melekalikimaka
10-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey girls,I'm wrapping up for the afternoon (FINALLY) and I'll be going home to pack :cb: :goodvibes:. I was out running errands at the bank and Cal called. She said to say hello/goodbye to all of you. She was out in the middle of the desert on her way to California from AZ. We will be meeting up on Sunday and spend the day at Disneyland together. I can't wait!!!! I'm sure our kids will be excited too :).

I fly out tomorrow morning and should arrive at LAX around 4 pm. So, ALOHA all. I'll talk with you all when I get back.

jbbm
10-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Confession time girls I forgot to add:

Supper, fried fish, french fries tons of salt.
After Dinner Supper :lol:a huge brownie topped with ice cream and about a cup of dry roasted peanuts. Ugh, I feel like a total pig! Oh well tomorrow is another day, right?

Thinking and praying for you Cherie and your family.

Hello to everyone else. Cal, Summer, Holly, Jessica, and anyone I missed. Going to try and get to bed by 11:30. Check in this weekend!
Julie :)

Jedi
10-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Noelle - hope you have enough fun for all of us!
Julie and Angie - Not such good choices for dinner but you are totally right. Tomorrow is a new day! Which can only bring better things and more oppurtunities to do better. I'm rooting for you both!!
Julie - I completely understand about the job thing. I feel like I have put in 100 applications. A couple places have said that they would love to hire me. Which would be good except one wanted me to work for minimum wage with no tipe (I think not) and the other wanted me to work from 10:00 at night until 6:00 in the morning. Instead of thinking that I am picky I like to tell myself I have my priorities in the right place. It certainly doesn't pay the bills but it makes me feel better. Day care here for an infant is almost $1,000 a month. And that is only for one child! What is the point of working (besides getting out of the house to save my sanity). Still - GOOD LUCK!!!

I ended up with 26 grams of fat today. Which isn't too bad since I had the best crab ever tonight for dinner. Most of the fat for the day came from the melted butter that I just couldn't substitute. So just in case I was extra extra good during the day.

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend full of fun plans! Tomorrow my honey and I want to drive down to Mount St. Helens. They say that it is not done erupting so it would be pretty cool to see. I guess I'll find out. Anyway, hope everyone has a good night. - Jessica

angieME
10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Good afternoon ladies!!! Jay just stopped into the local tattoo parlor to see if they would peirce Brit's eyebrow. Yep. She is shitting now!!!! :lol: :rofl: She will chicken out I bet. She likes to see if we will let her do stuff and when we say sure she never does it. :lol: Maybe she will though.... I think she will look hot. She is so pretty anyways. Now that they know they will peirce them as long as we are there Alicia wants her lip done. We will have to see about that one though.

I have eaten chocolate chip cookies today. I know I need to stop sneaking things in but I am sick!!! waah waaah waaah!!! :lol:

I hope you all are having great weekends.

Julie, {{{HUGS}}} I wished I could do something to help you and hubby get along better. I think you need to really plan a mini get away with us. We can all blow off some steam together.

Jess, Have fun at Mt. St. Helens today. Be careful.

GEMonster
10-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey all!

Sorry to be MIA again. Travelling for work - I was in Canada Thursday, Friday came home today and leave for Phoenix, Scottsdale and some place in New Mexico on Wednesday :dizzy: . I go to Baltimore at the end of October and Florida in November (is hurricaine season done by then :?: )

Welcome :wave: Jessica - sorry I missed you in your initial introduction. My name is Summer I am 27 and have no kids, 1 dog named Fenway and a dear lovely husband! I am 5'2" and just have always been 150 or higher. My goal is 130-125. And I adore :love: these women here on this thread! So welcome!! I hope you are staying safe in Seattle and are too far from Mt. St. Hellen to worry!

Noelle and Cal have so much Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just an FYI for Noelle - Spring for the continental 48 is March-May!

Angie I had a teeny piece of pineapple upside cake for dinner tonight. I have not had it in ages and it was so yummy! :eating2: My sister has piercings (7 now used to be 12) and a tattoo that my parenst still have no idea about (and she is 26) but she took some of the piercings out because she understood interviewers would not be appreciative of her creativity coming through so LOUDLY. It doesn't hurt that she looks like Pam Anderson.

Kemy congrats on making it through the last day of work! What are plans now? :crossed: for your future! I am so proud that you are doing something that you want to do so badly! Did I hear New Orleans in the Spring? When is Jazz festival? That would be way cool.

Julie patience my dear! The right job will come along and sometimes when you least expect it, through a friend, another parent in your ds pre-k...you never know! but I am keeping my hopes up for you.

Hi to Holly!

Quote:
Strive for excellence, not perfection. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.,

be well.
;) Summer ;)

angieME
10-03-2004, 02:51 PM
:coach: HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! anyone here??????

Jedi
10-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Hello Angie! No you are not alone. We didn't end up going to the mountain becuase they upped the warning level to 70% chance of a lava eruption within 48 hours which meant that they started evacuating people. Scary. It's been 24 since it last erupted which means I don't remember at all since I was only one. It will be cool to see as long as nobody gets hurt.

Angie- I feel like I would kill somebody for chocolate chip cookies right now. It's been a full week that I have been excercising and eating well and I can feel the frustration building up. I should probably just let myself have a small something really good before it explodes into a full fledged binge. Ugh!

Summer - Wow it sounds like you have been going everywhere. I hope you made some time for fun in between all that traveling!

Last night my 16 yr old daughter, Alysha, went to the homecoming dance. So I guess it was a good thing that we didn't go to the mountain cuz it was fun doing her hair and helping her get ready. Her dad scared the **** out of the little boy though. Just for fun of course but I still felt sorry for him. He brought out the gun and pretended to be cleaning it when he showed up to pick her up. Poor little boy is only 14 with his parents waiting in the car to drive them to dinner. I hope we didn't scare him so bad that he won't call her. Luckily she is used to what smart asses we are and wasn't mad about it.

Anyway, thinking of all of you. Hoping everyone is having a great weekend! - Jessica

Jedi
10-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Anybody have any low fat dessert recipes that will hopefully take care of my cravings?

angieME
10-03-2004, 05:31 PM
:lol: Jessica, That is funny. It sounds like something my dad would have done when I was young. haha The things Jay had to endure when we met. Of course now they like him better than me. They think he is my fathers long lost son. :lol: At our wedding Dad went up to Jays Dad(who hates me by the way) and said "We told him not to do it but he wouldnt listen." :lol: I was like thanks alot Dad, they hate me as it is.

I made a big Turkey dinner for supper tonight. I sent all the dark meat and a plate of fixings up to Jay's grammie.

Other than that not a darn thing going on here today. I had to work of course. I almost ripped into a honeybun but luckily Jay didnt cut any extra. :lol:

jbbm
10-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Btw how long is Noelle gone for? Are Cal and her staying the same amount of time? Well guys I am so tired....I cleaned for about two hours today. And still have more to do, it never ends, oh well life, right :lol:? Good Nighty Night! Julie

Jedi
10-03-2004, 10:29 PM
I ended up making warm cherry turnovers in egg roll wrappers. I tried baking some but the wrapper didn't get soft/cooked enough so those ones ended up in the garbage. I gave in and fried a few of them. Oh my goodnes - yummy yummy yummy. Little bit of powdered sugar on top. The cherries were fat free and egg roll wrappers only have 0.5 for 3 of them which is way good but of course then there is the oil. How much do you think one of them soaks up? I'm afraid to find out.

Julie - If you are free you can always come clean my house for 2 hours too!

good night girls! - Jessica

PhotogirlTX
10-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey everyone.. I am checking in. Sorry I was absent all weekend, but I guess I am just getting down. I had the girls all weekend, and we tried to stay busy.... I am hoping to find out more out my ex's situation this week. He told me over the weekend, the cat scan showed not only the spot on his lung, but there is another spot on his liver. I had called his stepmom last week and told them what was going on... steven has been estranged from his parents for almost a two years... well, his dad called him, and now I think they have made up for the most part. His dad is coming down this weekend to see him, and he will be able to see the girls too. His dad also wants him to move down to Beaumont, TX so they can help him out. Steven is waiting for the results from the doctor before he makes any decisions. I told him I would prefer him to stay here so we can both be around the girls, however, if he has to go to Beaumont, if it is possible, I will let the girls go live with him during this time so he and they can spend some time together. I am not sure how that would work, and I definately do not want to let them go... but I am trying to think of what is best. They need to have memories of their dad, and he needs them right now too to make him fight this thing.

I haven't exercised... I was hoping to get my treadmill this weekend, but my ex didn't go get his furniture (and my treadmill) from storage in TX. His dad wanted him to wait, until he came down. I guess once Steven figures out what he is going to do.. then I might get it then.. if I can find someone with a truck to drive down to TX with me to pick it up. I didn't eat very well either this weekend. I didn't over eat, which is a good thing, but what I did eat, wasn't healthy. I am a stress eater... and it's really showing.

I had to force myself to come in here... I am sorry.... I am feeling a little overwhelmed... I wish I had time to go exercise everyday, where I didn't feel like I was leaving the girls. If I go at night.. then I have to leave my apartment building and go to the building next to it to exercise... I live on the third floor, and I just don't like leaving the girls alone while I exercise for 30 minutes. (I've done this a few times after they went to sleep) but I don't like it. That is what I was looking so forward to get my treadmill into my bedroom.. then I would have access there and not leave the girls alone. No matter how safe I think it is.

Oh well... I haven't had a chance to read the posts.. so I will go back and do that soon.. I just wanted to check in! I'm still here!

Cherie

angieME
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
{{{Cherie}}} I am so sorry you are having a hard time right now. I wished there was something I could do to make you feel better. Keep coming here. We will listen and at least be the shoulder to cry on when you need us,Okay?

Jessica, Have you tried to make a pie dough with a smidge of the lard it calls for? I have done it. It isnt as flaky as a greasy pie dough but it does well in a pinch. When I make my sticky buns I omit all the grease and use skim milk in place of the cream and although they dont look as good as the regular ones they definately taste as good.

Kempy, I have got $170.00 in my plane ticket fund. I hope we can do this. I am excited for it.

Well, My eating this weekend sucked. I didnt eat out or anything but I did put sweets in my mouth that I didnt need. I am trying so hard to be good today but I cant get my *** to work out. That bugs me so bad.

I hope everyone can check in today.

PhotogirlTX
10-04-2004, 11:32 AM
OK... Well, I now have incentive to kick my butt into gear. My friend Alan invited me this morning to go to Vegas with him the first weekend in November. If I can get my ex to keep the girls (it's his weekend anyway) then I am going... nothing like a free trip huh? hahaha.. :-) OK.. maybe I can make this motivation work.

Thanks Angie for the encouraging words... I'm just having a tough time dealing with what MAY happen. I don't want my girls to end up without a father.... I don't care for him, but he is a great dad and loves them very much.

OK.. back to work here.... talk to you guys later! :-)

Cherie

Jedi
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Cherie - I can't imagine what you are going through right now. It sounds like you do the same thing that I do - torture yourself with all the what if's. It's very strong and selfless of you to think of what is best for the girls even if it means letting them move away for a while. My 16yr old step daughters' mother and sister live in eugene, Or. which is over a 5 hour drive. We have become experts on taking the train. It knocks the trip down to a little less than 2 hours. I know she misses her family and so we let her go down as often as school permits.

Angie - I'll try the pie dough next time I have a craving. It seems to be gone for now and hopefully won't resurface for a loooong time.

Julie - you are right - gaining 10lbs in nothing! But if it was swapped around where it was really easy to lose weight and really hard to gain weight then being fat would probably be the acceptable thing and what everyone was striving for. People always seem to want what they can't have or what is hardest to achieve. At least I know I do.

I have a membership at curves. I paid for an entire year at one time in hopes that it would motivate me to keep going so I wouldn't waste my money since I can't get it back. That worked for about a month and now almost 5 more have gone by without me going at all. At the same time I got the membership I threw away my scale. For 2 reasons: #1 they have a scale there and do monthy weigh ins for you #2 I'm a scale addict and was jumping on a 3:00 in the morning after I went to the bathroom just to see if it would make a difference. Not such a healthy habit. But now it's been over a week and I'm getting discouraged because I don't know if what I am doing is even working. I could be depriving myself for nothing. So after all of that rambling my point is that I'm planning on returning to the gym hopefully by tomorrow to not only work out but to weigh myself and congratulate myself on my loss (I'm thinking optimistically).

Have a good day ladies - I'll be checking in!

Kempyd
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, Sorry I have been away for a few days. I had a garage sale Saturday and I vegged all yesterday. I had a long list of things to do today and I am just now getting time to read the posts.

Cherie I think that is great that you are going to let the girls go to TX. My hubby works in Beaumont on a regular basis. It would be neat if you were over there. I could ride over with him and we could hang out.

Angie I don't have a certain time for you to come down. When ever everyone wants to plan it is good with me. I don't care as long as we all get to hang out.

Jess I don't have any ideas for desserts. I usually cave and eat the bad for me ones. In fact I was left alone all weekend with a big bag of M&M's. Plus TOM is around so I had many handfuls of them.

Julie I hate to hear that you are still having problems. I wish I was closer so I could hang out with you. Since I am home right now I have to find things to fill me days. I really should be studying but I don't want to. I am just enjoying my days home right now. There will be plenty of time to study.

Ok, I have to run do a few things around the house. I will check back in later.

jbbm
10-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know when our guitar rocking Noelle will be home :lol:. I miss her all ready. I feel like if I don't get here everyday I get no adult contact :lol:. Except for hubby, which is like a third child sometimes ;) :lol: :D!! Julie

angieME
10-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Hello peoples!!!! I had turkey and stuff fro supper tonight. Leftovers for me. I want to bake something sweet to eat so bad!!!!! Why cant I just be fat and happy???? :lol:

Kempy, March would actually be perfect for me because we are still in the winter here so it would be cold and we still wouldnt have much work to do. I think Noelle is interested in coming down too. How about you Julie? Anyone? I can see us all getting rowdy and having fun together. :lol:

Not much happening for me today. I am sitting here trying to talk myself into going into the kitchen and doing dishes. YUCK!!!

angieME
10-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Good Morning!! Geesh, this cold just wont leave. Saturday I felt like poop and then Sunday I felt great until the evening...Today I feel worse than I did all last week. My throat is scratchy now and my nose is stuffed. YUCK!!! You would think it would keep me from overeating wouldnt ya!!!!!! :lol: NO LUCK!!!

Kempyd
10-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Angie are you getting some vit. C in you? Joe and I have had good results with Zinc before. You can find it at any grocery store. That might help you too. I hope you feel better soon. I know it sucks when you feel bad.

I am waiting for a mom of one of my friends from high school to get here. She is going to make some drapes for our back windows. The really big ones. I am tired of spending money on the power bill. Since they cleared the lots next to us the unit runs more. I guess I took the tress for granted. We planted some but it will be a few years before they start to help with the utility bill. Our bill went up $30 since last years same month.

Ok, I need to get off and straighten the house before she gets here. I will check back in later.

PhotogirlTX
10-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone... I am here... didn't have a great dinner last night.. but didn't overeat either. No exercise. And no trip. I am going to post what I posted to my November Mom's board (its a group of mom's who I met back in 1997 when I was pregnant with Hannah, and we were all due in November.. and we are all still friends.. the group had dwindled but there are still about 30 or so of us.) I just didn't want to have to retype it all. I don't know what is going to happen with Steven and his treatments so I had to tell my friend that I couldn't go to Las Vegas cause I don't know anyone around here that can help me out with the girls. So.. here is my update:

Well.. I don't know where to start... He isn't doing well. He had the cat scan last Wednesday, and as of Friday, he hadn't heard from his doctor. He did talk to the tech who did the scan and he said he saw not only the place on his lung, but another place on his liver. That stressed me out this weekend.. If it's on his liver, then it could be in his lymph nodes.
He and his dad haven't talked for almost two years... they had a falling out back during his last treatments, and I feel it was due to the medications he was on, having major mood swings. He was a little violent and very quick to erupt. He has held a grudge against them ever since, thinking they were trying to take the girls away from him. (At that point, because his situation was so bad then, I let the girls live with him. He mistook his step mom's concern for the girls and calling me to come get them for her wanting to totally take the custody away from him and they take the girls. Which of course was WRONG, however, when you are on all the medications like he was, no wonder he wasn't thinking clearly).

I called his step mom last week, I have been keeping in touch with her since I have felt it was wrong for Steven to keep the girls away from them. We were bidding our time until the divorce happened, and then I was going to allow them to see the girls again. Anyway.. I told her the latest on his condition and she had his dad call Steven. Thankfully, I think they have made up and he is going to be driving up here this weekend to see Steven and the girls. He is wanting Steven to move down to Beaumont, TX (where they live now) so they and his dad's family can help take care of him. What is keeping him here is the girls and he does have insurance this time with his job.

I called him yesterday, and he had seen his doctor... the doctor wants to start radiation ASAP. He said the spot on the liver was the shell of where the cancer was two years ago, and that all that is left was the dead tissue after they had treated it, so that was a non issue. However, the tumor in his lung needed immediate attention. He is meeting with his doctor today to plan out the treatments and to get his body marked on where they are going to give him the radiation. I am expecting him to start radiation on Wednesday.. but I am not sure. On Thursday, he is going in for an MRI for his brain. His doctor is concerned because he has mentioned having blurred vision and some memory loss problems.

The doctor said they would do a "TEST" of ten radiation sessions... see if helps.. and if it does, I think they will continue. If it doesn't, I am not sure what the next step will be.

He will have the girls this weekend, but I am not sure how much longer he will be able to do that. I am going out of town the first weekend of November, but now it looks like I will have to cancel that trip. My family here won't be in town, and it looks like he won't be well enough to take care of them. I was looking forward to the trip, but not much I can do at the moment.

He isn't working right now, the doctor hasn't released him to go back yet. He is getting his paperwork together to start FMLA and is currently on STD. The work enviroment is too stressful, and will only agravate his condition, and because he is on the phone all day, he can't do that job very well, because the tumor in his lung is causing him to have shortness of breath, so he can't talk for extended periods at a time.

It's funny, two weeks ago... things were bad with him... but he was working, functioning and having a close to normal life. We had no clue it would go from bad to worse this quickly.

And I am being selfish.. cause while I know I have NO clue how he is feeling and what he is going through.... I am upset and thinking how am I going to do this alone? I hate having no control over my life. This really sucks.

Anyway.. I will let you know what shows up on the MRI. :-( Keep praying for him... the girls need him.

Thanks for reading... I'll be back later. :-(

Cherie

jbbm
10-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Cherie my sincere prayers and thoughts are with you, Steven, and the girls. I know you must be so scared of the future especially with the girls being so young. Hugs, I am glad he is going to be with his two little sweethearts this weekend. That will brighten his spirits and give you a little break. Take care and we are all here to listen to you anytime. Hugs

Kempy good luck with the curtains. I hope they turn out for you.

Angie hope you feel better. We had bad colds here about 2 weeks ago.

Well I would type more but I sliced my finger open and it is bleeding through two bandaids. I hope I don't need stitches, I will just tough it out and put pressure on it. I have to leave here in a little while to go get ds from school. I hope he has a good day today. Well my finger is hurting. I will check back later. Julie

Kempyd
10-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Julie maybe you could research how much it would cost and show it to him. Maybe when he sees that it wouldn't be that much he would be ok with it. Does he not like it b/c he has never met any of us? If you want I can call him and reassure him that you will be ok. If he still is unhappy I can just come up there and beat him up. :lol:

I took a break from my office stuff. I am labeling my files in here. Since I am going to be running a business I thought I should get myself organized. I see how my old boss did things and I don't want to be like that.

angieME
10-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Kempy, :lol: :lol: You are so funny. When is your first day on the new job? Dont ya just love bookwork? fun fun fun. I put mine off till the last minute usually. sad huh? :lol:

Julie, I agree with Kempy. You do deserve some time to yourself no matter what. If you can come up with your airfare I will help you with the money for drinks and food if you need. I just want us all to get togehter like we have all dreamed about. Since we have already talked on the phone he must know I am not a psycho or something doesnt he? :lol: I hope you can come. It wouldnt be the same without ya.

I suppose I should go help Jay but I will check back in a while.

Jedi
10-05-2004, 02:00 PM
cherie - i am absolutely speechless. I will keep your whole family is in my prayers. - Jessica

Kempyd
10-05-2004, 02:08 PM
I start sometime in November. I take my boards on Oct. 25 and then I have to wait for my license to come in the mail. I will be able to find out that day if I pasted but for some reason they take at least 2 weeks to get them out to us. It really sucks too b/c I think by that time I will be ready to start making some money. I am already in the save mode. The only problem is that I need to get Joe in it with me. I wish I knew what to say to make that man understand he needs to stop spending money. It is on silly stuff too. Instead of eating at home he likes to eat out alot. Well, since i am home now I want to start cooking more things so that should help out with the money situation. I just have to find the right words to tell him to stop spending. It will come to me.

Angie I really hope all of you guys get to come. If it is too big a number there is a hotle right down the street from me that isn't exspensive. It is breand new so it should be nice. I would love for everyone to stay here though. Maybe Joe will be out of town that week so we don't have to worry about bothering him.

angieME
10-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Kempy, I meant to ask about hotels too. What is the name of it? I can check it out and see what the rates are. If it isnt too much I could pay for it and we could put a few girls in the room together with me and Wendy. My sis and I have no problem doing that either because I would hate to overtake your house. :lol: I was thinking of that today with the shower and bathroom situation. haha

Oh yeah Kempy, I just got an offer for the Taste of Home magazines. They sent me a renewal and I could get a free gift subscription for a year if I renewed so I sent the free year to you. Is that okay? They have awesome recipes in it.

Okay I REASLLY have to go to work now. :lol: I just had to come back in to let the dogs inside. It is FREAKIN COLD here today. The high is like 45. BBBRRR!!!!

Kempyd
10-05-2004, 02:25 PM
AAWWW Angie that is so sweet of you. Of course it is ok that you sent me that. Like I need to see more bad for me food. :lol: I don't think I have seen that mag before. Are the recipes easy to cook? I am not a very good cook so I need things that don't confuse me. :dizzy: :lol:

Go to www.microtelinn.com that is what is in the phone book for them. I would be interested to see what the rates are. It isn't like Ponchatoula is very big so I couldn't see them charging very much. It is about 3 - 4 miles from my house. I do have 2 bathrooms so I am ok when we have 6 people here. I could probably do more if I had too. We have 12 people or more at our camp and there is only one full bath there. Talk about take cold showers. :lol: You learn to love them when you are there though.

angieME
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
The rooms with 2 Queen size beds are around 60-70 per day. That isnt too bad at all. They say they are allowed 4 adults to a room so I bet we could make it work. :lol:

The recipes are pretty easy to do. That is where I got my terriyaki marinade recipe. I did add brown sugar to mine so it tastes just like Hawaiian Paradise terriyaki but other than that I like the recipes.

BACK TO WORK!!!! :lol:

calnative
10-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Hello Ladies,

I got back from Calif earlier today. The weather there was perfect, but a little humid for me. I did meet up with Noelle and her family on Sunday. We had such fun!!! I've got some great pics, but I can't post them yet. I will try to in the next couple of days. I know Noelle got several great pics as well. She will be home sometime Thursday. It was so fun to meet her. What a terrific person. She had her mom, hubbie, son, and niece with her; I had my sis and Ashley. We spent the whole day together on Sunday going on rides and getting soaked :D . If everyone is like Noelle (and I think everyone is) then we should have a great time together next Spring.

I would be interested in joining everyone. I can only go during Spring Break and I'm not sure yet when that is. I did mention it to hubbie and he said he'd like to go to New Orleans. I told him that this was for 'the girls' and he said that it was ok because he'd go to NO and I could meet with the girls.

Cherie: My prayers are with you at this time. Just know that we are always here for you.

Angie: Right now I would love a high of 45. It's 96 here. California was in the mid 80's during the day, but it felt warm because of the humidity. Noelle laughed at me because I felt so hot. She told me not to go to HI in summer. :lol:

Summer: I do hope you get a chance to call later this week. I'm on fall break from school until Oct 18 so I have plenty of time to meet up with you here. You mentioned maybe Saturday; that would be great!! Hope to hear from you.

Julie: Noelle will be be back on Thursday. She's still in Calif.

Jessica: Welcome!! I've been pretty busy that past several days and have been unable to post. I live in Phoenix, AZ; I'm married and have one daughter, Ashley who will be 7 on Oct 13. I am 45 years old and a 7th grade Language Arts teacher. These ladies have helped me keep my sanity the past year. There was a lot of stress at school last year, but they helped me through everything. I went to AK last summer and my sis and I drove to Seattle from Southern Calif. We had a great trip. We flew to Anchorage from Seattle. Unfortunately, we did not spend enough time in the Seattle area to get a feel for it. Maybe next time. This last weekend I got to meet Noelle from HI as she went to Calif (Disneyland) and I decided to drive over and meet her. Of course, Ashley loved the idea. :lol: We had a great time and she is an exceptional person. Again, welcome.

Kempy: I think it is wonderful that you would invite everyone. The price of the hotel that Angie quoted does not sound bad at all. I hope I can work it out; it just depends on when our spring break is. Good luck on your exam on the 25th.

Holly: Hope everything is going well for you.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
10-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone! First, thank you all for your support. It really means alot to me. Steven will be starting his radiation treatments on Friday. They will do 10 consecutive week day treatments, then a cat scan ... if it is helping, then they will do 20 more sessions. But if it's not, they will stop. Radiation kills anything in its path, so because the cancer is so close to his heart and eshophgus... they have to be really careful. If its not working after 10 sessions, they don't want to risk him further damage.

I am doing OK. I didn't exercise last night, however, I am still doing great on what I put into my mouth. I am not stress eating, I am eating healthy and I am keeping my portions down. So at least on the food front, I am doing OK.

New Orleans is my favorite place in the world. I love the FOOD, the music, the old houses and of course the French Quarter. I would have loved to live in the French Quarter when I was younger. Its such a great place.

Cal, sounds like you had a great trip! I bet it was a blast to meet Noelle....

Kempy, Taste of Home magazines are great! Awesome recipes in everyone. No, not good if you are on a diet... but they are so much fun to read through if you like cooking. And tell me what you are taking your boards for? I don't think I have ever figured out what you are about to set out to do! :-)

Julie.. how is your finger?

Angie, are you feeling any better? Colds suck. Hannah crawled into my bed this morning around 4 am... and she had the sniffles and cough. I finally had to prop her pillow up so it would drain down some and let her get some rest. I didn't want to give her any medicine because she had to go to school.. and I didn't want her to be exhausted.

Hi Jessica.. hope you are doing OK! Hi Holly!

Noelle.... hope you are having a great vacation! Miss you being around!

OK.. back to work here...

angieME
10-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Cal, I cant wait to see the pics of you and Noelle. I am glad you both had fun together. Try and find out when your spring break is and we can see if we can all come up with a date. My sis has every other weekend off from work so we would have to do it on those weekends. As of now the weekends I can come would be March 5-6, March 19-20, April 2-3, April,16-17, April 30-May 1

Cherie, All my thoughts and prayers are with your ex right now. I hope it works out for him. My eating has fallen way off this week. I am back to the old habits. My cold doesnt seem to want to leave so I am not in the mood to go for a walk. UUUUGGGHHH!!!!

Dont be surprised at how fat I am when we all meet up. I will warn you now. :lol:

Today is the big day for Brit. She has an appointment at 5 this afternoon to get her eyebrow peirced. She is having a friend go with her so maybe she wont chicken out. I told her she should get her bellybutton done too. She can wear those hip hugging low jeans and stuff and I think it would look good. If she does this one I bet she gets a new one for every holiday. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
10-06-2004, 12:09 PM
In two weeks or less.. I will have a treadmill delivered. Not my old one.. but a new one. I just went and bought one. Figured this would be better for this next year than giving 3% to my 401K plan. :D I have no clue when I would be able to get my old one, not with everything that is going on... so I am going to get this new one.. set it up, and start walking. Not the fast walk/run that I was doing, but I am going to try to slow it down and do it for a longer period of time. :-)

Ang... I always wanted my belly button pierced... but it was always TOOOOO fat. :-) She should go for it. I don't like the eyebrow piercings, I had a co-worker that had one of those, and I cringed everytime I saw it.. however, I have always thought the belly button one was really cool. I hope she has a great birthday.... (if it hasn't already passed) but more than that I hope she enjoys her birthday present! :-)

jbbm
10-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Good Day Girls

Cherie, you are doing well, not overeating and staying on track with that. Don't worry excercise will come. My finger is sore as h*ll. But I am fine. Its a long cut and a flap underneath. Sorry didn't mean to gross anyone out. It just hurts so bad when I get it wet. I hope your little one feels better. Is she the younger one? How is she adjusting to preschool? It seems like all I have gotten is complaints for my ds pre-k teacher, he can't cut right, he only writes in upper case letters. For god sakes I didn't even know my abc's in kindergarten. Times a really have changed. My prayers are with you. Remember you are not alone. I wished we all lived in the same city!

Angie oh my gawd!! She is getting both done? I would be afraid of the pain in the eyebrow! Good luck to her, and I hope you are feeling better.

Kempy you will love Taste of Home. It is such a great magazine. Tons of simple and tasty recipes.

Well going to work on some lunch. Hi everyone. Julie

jbbm
10-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Cal so glad you had a great meeting with Noelle. I bet it was a total blast! Can't wait to see pics. Gotta run, Julie :).

PhotogirlTX
10-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Julie... Hannah is my oldest.... she seems to be prone more to allergies than my other one. Megan is the pre-K kid... and yes.. she is so behind the other kids. I have been working on trying to get her to learn the letters of her name and how to spell it... and it's like it goes in one ear and out the other... we go M-E-G-A-N and start over.. and somewhere in there, according to her, many times OVER, there is a freakin R in her name. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or she will get stuck on the A, and I will ask her, what is the first letter of the alphabet? Or Say your A-B-Cs... and she still doesn't get it. ARGH..... she is the one that stresses me out the most.

Hannah is just proud when she goes a day without having to sign the icky icky WARNING book. (This is the book that the kids have to sign after the teach has warned them three times not to do something, after that, they get their communication folder signed and for that 9 Weeks, they don't get the prize for good behaviour). Last year, she had her folder only signed once.. this year.... she had it signed the FIRST WEEK. I don't know what her problem is this year.. but if she doesn't have to sign the warning book, then that is a good day for her. SIGH.

I hope your finger heals quickly. It sounds really painful. I am not into pain.. that is why the eyebrow thing does me in. Everytime I saw my friend Brandy's.. I would cringe cause it would HURT ME just looking at it. I don't do well around blood and stuff like that... I am surprised I made it through two child births.... Luckily, most of those memories have been forgotten! ;)

OK.. back to work here.... (no, I really don't have much to do today.. which is why I am here alot!)

Talk to you guys soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
10-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Cherie I am takeing my sate boards test for electrolysis. I wish I could do it now and get it over with. I have no idea why they make you wait an entire month b4 you can take it. I guess I just have to play there little games and get over it.

Julie do you need to go get stiches for that? I am the wrong person to tell about going to the hospital. I wouldn't go when I fell. I think that if I had gone they just would have sent me to PT. I still feel it when I move the wrong way. It will heal completely though.

Cal that would be great with you here too. Of course your hubby can come but he is right he has to stay in the hotel. At lesat let us get out of range and then he can wonder around. I would love it if you guys came. We will have to go on the haunted tour of the French Quater. I could see if Joe could get the air boat and take us out in it.

Angie don't worry about what you think you look like. I will just be thrilled to meet you guys. I like you for who you are. We became friedns before i even saw pics of you and that will never change my opinion of you. I can't beleive she is actually going through with it. I mean I have 2 tattoos but I don't think I could take the piercing thing. I amlost pass out when I see it on tv. I bet you aren't going in the room with her are you? I know how you are about needles.

Jess how are you doing today?

Ok, I am going to lay down for a bit. I have a terrible headache. I think we have a front coming through. When we get those I get terrible headaches.

angieME
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Kempy, Is the haunted tour the thing you, Joe and his parents did that night a few years ago? I remember you saying you and Joe's Dad went running through the cemetary at night. :lol: I can not wait to come down!!!! I am so excited!!!

Julie, Cherie, I think the first few years of school may be hard on all kids. I couldnt stand it when I would have to go get the twins in kindergarten. The teacher would ALWAYS meet me at the door shaking her head saying Angie,Angie,Angie.... :lol: Corey was so wild at shcool. He still is actually but now I think he is making a conscious effort to calm down and not get into so much trouble.

Brit is just getting the eyebrow done today I think. :lol: Nope I am not going. I will let Daddy deal with that one. :lol: I used to hate it when I was pregnant.(he would come into all my doctors appointments with me) and he would just stare at them when they would take blood. I think that made me sicker than the actual needles. haha

angieME
10-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Julie, I hope your finger feels better. I know what you mean about getting it wet. OUCH!!!

Kempy, I hope your headache goes away.

calnative
10-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Just thought I'd post something quick before laying down for a nap. I do enjoy being off for these 2 weeks. :D

Kempy: I am looking forward to spring. I told hubbie that I think I'd like to drive over because we could spend a little time with my sister in TX. I'm not sure yet though.

Angie: I believe our spring break is Mar 14 - 25; which means the weekend of Mar 19 - 20 is best for me. I do have 2 weeks off so I can spend a few days there. I'm really excited for everyone to get together.

Julie: Take care of yourself. I also understand about getting a cut wet. OUCH!!

Cherie: How great that you will have treadmill at home. I would like to have one myself. Here in AZ it is so hot that it's almost impossible to do any walking outside at all. Sometimes I think there should be an indoor track for walking. I remember the university I went to in Utah had one for winter; we could use one here for summer (actually from March through November). :lol:

Hello to Summer, Holly, Jessica, and Noelle (even though I know you're not home until tomorrow).

Cal

angieME
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Cal, The dates of March 19-20 would be perfect for us too. We were thinking of doing it for a 4 day weekend. Fly in on the 18th and fly out on the 22nd. Kempy, If you have to work for those weekdays than we could probably stay in your town for the weekend and when you have to go back to work we could stay at a hotel in New Orleans until our flight home.

Brit is at the tattoo parlor right now. I of course am staying home so I dont get sick. :lol: Will she do it????......

angieME
10-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Here is a pic of Brit with her eyebrow done. She watched someone get their tongue pierced befroe it was her turn. She loves it. It doesnt look as bad as I had pictured it. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
10-06-2004, 11:14 PM
OUCH!!!!! ;)

angieME
10-07-2004, 09:16 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!!!

Cherie, OUCH!! is right. :lol: Jay said yesterday that if she didnt cry during this than we had better watch out because she likes pain. (She has a bit of an attitude) She didnt even flinch or say ouch during it!!!!! :yikes: She has made plans for new ones when this one heals. The twins want it done so bad now but they are 11 so I told them that when they turn 13 or close than they can do it. I may let Corey get his ear pierced this weekend though because he has been begging for that for a long time.

How is everyone doing. I ate so much crap yesterday. UUUGGGHHH!!!! I think I am going to move my treadmill back into the livingroom today so I can watch tv and walk. Maybe..............

I hope everyone can check in today.

PhotogirlTX
10-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Good Morning!!!
Angie... that just looks painful! :-) But as long as she is happy.. then that is what matters!

You should move your treadmill back to the living room. When mine comes in.. It will be right in front of the tv and I will have my laptop on it.. so I am going to start taking some very long extended walks.. just not at the 4.3 speed I used to walk.. it will be more like the 3.5 so I can do it longer.

I had mexican last night... soft tacos, queso and chips, refried beans.. and a chocolate chip cookie... oh.. two beers... I was BAD... but it was so good... I love going over to my sweeties and cooking.. but we both like to eat so we always make really great food. Oh well... I hope my treadmill hurries and gets here! :-)

OK.. back to work ... talk to you guys soon!

Cherie

angieME
10-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Hey girls!! Where is everyone today? Out having fun I hope!!!

Cherie, Supper sounds good. I love tacos. I need a computer on my equipment too. :lol: I think it would be fun to be able to play on the puter and work out at the same time.

PhotogirlTX
10-07-2004, 04:08 PM
yeah.. I've been checking in all day and no one is around! HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO Where is everyone! ;)

Tonight, supper is going to be bad. :D Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas and crossiants. Fresh Iced Tea.. YUM........

Hi everyone!!! Come on out!

Cherie

angieME
10-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I am making crispy baked chicken with baked potatoes and corn. YUM!

calnative
10-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm here today. Earlier I had to take the computer over to Best Buy to have it checked out. It really is great having a laptop. :D

Next week I have to take Ashley for a hearing test. The nurse at her school said she failed the screening they did last week; so, I got her an appointment for next Tuesday. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

I don't know what I'm fixing for dinner yet. Maybe just some rice, CA blend veggies, and cheese. It's Ashley's favorite.

Cal

jbbm
10-07-2004, 10:49 PM
I know it is late, but I just wanted to say hello. I missed you guys today. But it was so busy. I am having some problems in my personal life. Can I ask a favor from you all....just if you believe in prayer, which I do could you say one for me? Thank god for my kids, I love them soooo much and it is keeping me balanced. Julie

jbbm
10-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I forgot to say THANK YOU!! I luv you girls much. You are a great support system. For everything. I hope to get on tomorrow sometime and have some good old fashioned girlie talk ;) :). TGIF. Love, Julie

angieME
10-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Julie, How you doing today hon? I wished I could do something to make things easier for you two. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Cal, I bet you are loving a break from all the kids. My kids vacation starts at noon today. Yippee!!! :lol: They tried to get me to let them stay home today since it is a half day. HAHA NO WAY!!!! :lol:

I have lots of donuts to do today so I may not get a chance to post too much this afternoon but....you know I will probably make time to come post quickly. :lol:

Kempyd
10-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Sorry i missed yesterday. I was recuperating from a bottle of wine that Ihad a run in with. Man I don't like that feeling. You would think I would know better but I do it to myself eveytime. We went to our neighbors for dinner and they pulled out the wine. I am better today though.

Angie last year was at the plantation house close to me. The tour in NO is a guided tour. I think you can look them up on the net. I wold search for haunted tours and see what comes up. I don't think there are very many of them. I can't beleive she went through with the eyebrow. She is more of a woman than me I am am twice her age. Don't worry about me working when you guys come in. I set my own shcedule so I will just make sure that my clients are not on those days.

Julie hon, you know that you can come here and talk to us anytime. Is there something that you need to get out? You just let us know what we need to do to help you b/c you know we will.

Cal how long of a drive is it for you to come here? Where in TX is your sis? I am just full of questions today. :D

Cherie I have learned that I can not own any sort of workout equipment. It just turns into a clothes hanging thing. I am so terrible about that. It drives me crazy b/c I would love to have something but I know that I just wont use it. It is too easy to get out of it b/c I am home. I can usually find things that I want to do instead.

Ok, it is time for lunch so I am going to see what I can find. I'll try to check back in later.

melekalikimaka
10-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey ladies, I'm baaack. :yawn: We made it home from CA at about 10 pm last night. This trip was so much fun. Yes, Cal and I did meet up. As expected, she is a wonderful person--so real and fun to be with. We had a great day at Disneyland. Ashley was a little shy at first but toward the end of the day she and Michael were sword fighting with each other as we waited for the electric light parade. Cal also introduced us to her sister Roberta--the daredevil. I say this because she took us on the "Sun Wheel" at California adventure and made us ride the purple gondola--the one that swings/slides the most. Cal, Ashley and my mom rode the red gonodola, which is the most stationary, but goes up the highest. Thinking about that ride still gives me the willies! *shudder* It was scary but fun. Here's some pics and info. http://www.mouseinfo.com/california-adventure/paradisepier/attractions/sunwheel/index.php

Cal waved goodbye to us as we took off on the 0-55 in 4.7 seconds California Screamin' roller coaster. I was screaming my head off and freaking out, but I loved every minute of it. Cal, I have to say thank you for making our first day at Disney a very memorable and enjoyable one. I don't think we would've covered that much ground had you not been showing us around. :grouphug: It was wonderful to meet you and I think it would be SUPER if we could all get together again in the spring.

We also visited the San Diego Zoo (after a long-@ssed drive) and Universal Studios. FUN FUN FUN!

I left my camera at home since I didn't unpack yet. I am in the office today but am having a hard time getting myself back into work mode. I will go back and read the posts later today and catch up with you all. I missed you guys while I was away and I am glad to be home. Be back later :wave:

melekalikimaka
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Angie, I mean this as a compliment--your daughter reminds me of the singer Jewel, but with nice teeth :^:. She is very pretty and brave. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
10-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Guys.. I am heading out for a few days.. so don't think I am MIA.... I'll be back come Monday.

Noelle, welcome back glad you had a great time!

Kempy... I will drink your wine tonight... gonna have a nice big bottle of red! :D

Julie (((((HUGS))))) I wish we were closer too.... let me know if I can do anything for you.. I've had my share of relationship problems.... and I've realized, as a mom and as I woman, we are much stronger than what we think!

Cal.. good luck with your daughter's hearing test.. I hope it goes well.

Angie... Hope you are doing good too!

Everyone else... HI!!! I'll see you all on Monday!

:)

Cherie

angieME
10-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Kempy, Well, if you arent working when we come down than plan on me to arrive on March 18 and to fly home on March 22 as it stands now. :cheer: I cant wait to hang out with you all!!!!!

Noelle, WE MISSED YA!!!! I cant wait to see pics of you two together. I am glad you had fun together.

Cherie, Have a good weekend. See ya Monday.

Julie, How is your day going so far? Good I hope.

jbbm
10-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Hi Girls

Sorry to make a late post again, but I was busy with appts. and hubby was off today. We had a nice talk and I feel everything will work out, life goes on. Thanks for all your kind words. I love you all so much. You are great friends and I feel like I have known you all forever.

Noelle glad your back, sounds like you had just a spectacular time!! I am so happy for you, you needed a vacation. I bet Michael loved every minute of it. And slept like a baby at night.

Angie I could go for one of your donuts or honeybuns. I bet that would kick these blues away! So you got the dates down, huh? I will see what I can do! I just can see us meeting and we all just hug and cry for 10 minutes :lol:.

Cherie you are strong, YOU are the role model of a strong woman. I hope you enjoy your weekend. Talk to Monday.

Kempy is Joe doing alot of hunting? It is turkey season here. Poor little things. I love Thanksgiving. But I don't think I could ever shoot an animal. My fil is going to do some hunting. I tried some of his goose jerky once and I almost you know what, it was terrible! Hus will probally skip hunting this year. Thanks for your kind words of support. It means alot, I would like to get alot out. But I don't want a gazillion people reading it :lol:! I am a very private person. I trust you girls. I feel everything is on the up and up though. Maybe I will pm you sometime. Enjoy your time off. You deserve it, you worked your butt off at office.

Love ya girls, Julie

jbbm
10-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Forgot to say hi to Cal, Summer, and Jessica and Holly! Enjoy your weekend.
Julie

jbbm
10-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Btw my eating has been pretty good, had salmon, coleslaw, squash and potatoes, and a small salad. Talk about stuffed! I could really go for some Halloween candy bars though :devil:. I have not weighed myself in a long time. But my clothes feel pretty good on. Well I just want to gain some muscle and tone up. Okay gonna go now. GoodNight!

calnative
10-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Noelle: Welcome back. I really enjoyed meeting you; it was such fun to spend the day at Disney. It was also wonderful to get to meet your family. As soon as I can I'll send you copies of the pictures I took, especially the one of you, Roberta, and your neice on the roller coaster.

Kempy: We usually take 2 days to drive to Texas. My sis lives in Paris, TX. I believe it's about an 8 hour drive from there to NO.

Angie: Are your kiddos out fr 1 or 2 weeks? We had 2 weeks, so one more to go. Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying the time off. :D

Hello to Summer, Jessica, Holly.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

angieME
10-10-2004, 10:30 AM
HI EVERYONE!!! :wave:

Well, I have been eating so badly this weekend. Lets just say if it wasnt healthy I ate it. :cookie: :jeno: :hungry: :mcd: :eating2: Now I need to refocus and start fresh again. Jay aksed if I wanted to go for a walk this morning so we did a walk around the block with the dogs. 1 1/2 miles. Of course I ate left over chinese and cake for breakfast but...... :ink:

So what did everyone do this weekend?

Julie, Do you and hubby do date nights or let the kids stay at their grammies for the night? I think something like that is a very necessary break that all couples need. It would give you 2 some grown up time to talk and cuddle,etc. Just a thought, I know me and Jay need it and it helps us alot.

Cal, Noelle, where are the pics? C'mon girls we are all jealous that you got to meet now we wanna see the fun that you had. :lol: :high:

It is actually nice out today. Sunny and smells like dead leaves. I love that smell.

angieME
10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
HELLO.........ANYBODY HOME!!!!!!.........

calnative
10-10-2004, 07:26 PM
It's very quiet this weekend.

Hubbie took Ashley to the state fair today. I've had the entire day to myself. It's been sooooo nice. :cloud9: I don't get very many of these kinds of days.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm trying to talk my sister into coming to LA in the spring. She said she has to see when her spring break is.

I'm looking into applying for a job in Boston. I'd like to get some info from anyone who has spent time there as I have never been. I won't be looking to relocate until at least next summer. My sis here has a friend who's brother-in-law is a Boston cop. I'm sure he can give me some info!! :lol:

Cal

angieME
10-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Cal, All I know of Boston is that we drove through the city to get Mickey on the Cape. :lol: Sorry, I am not much help. If you want a very safe place to have Ashley grow up you should come to Maine though. We need more people to move here. My town only has 1500 people in it. :lol: It is very quiet and laid back here. During the winter it is too quiet. Not much happens then. :lol:

calnative
10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Angie: My husband and I actually considered Maine at one time. I'm very hesitant to move anywhere where I have not at first visited. I guess this means I should plan a trip to visit you in Maine! :D I do work with a teacher who just moved here from Maine. She left there because of a messy divorce and she likes it here so far, except that the summer was too hot too long.
Thanks for the info.

Cal

melekalikimaka
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Hey ladies. I'm back from a long, hot day at the Marine Corps air base. We watched the Blue Angels air show (which was awesome) and I forgot the sunscreen for myself. I slathered it all over Michael of course and forced him to wear a hat, but as for me... I feel and look like a freshly boiled lobster! *ouch* My sister's company was one of the major sponsors of the air show and we got VIP passes and got to sit in a shady tent with catered food and drinks. It was great! Of course I had to sit in the sun for a while to get the front row seating. I will bring my camera to work tomorrow and try to download the vacation pics for you to see. Michael is currently outside eating a giant lollipop from Disneyland. I so do not look forward to going to work tomorrow :(.

Well, hope everyone has a good evening. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Kempyd
10-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey guys, sorry I didn't pop on over the weekend. We went to look for costumes Saturday and it was really nasty weather out so it took us awhile. Yesterday we went to the Saints football game which they lost. It was a fun game though. I think it would have been even better if they would have won. I ended up sleeping until 8:30 this morning and I am still groggy.

Noelle I look forward to seeing those pics. I feel like Angie that it isn't fair we have to wait so long. I told Joe that you guys were thinking about coming down here in March and he said that would be ok with him.

Cal I have never been up very far. I think I have stopped at TN and that was cold enough for me. I am a true southern girl. I know it is hot but I don't complain. It could be worse on both ends of the temp scale. Why do you want to move?

Angie I am going to start my Tae Bo as soon as I get off the puter. I put my costume on and it is kind of scary. So, I need to try to do somehting about it. I know that I wont be able to get down really low for the 30th but I can at least help it out a little.

Julie where are you today?

Hey Cherie, Summer and Holly. I think we lost Jess.

I'll be back later today.

angieME
10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Kempy, You have inspired me. I just went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. :cheer: I am so sweaty but it feels good.

It is windy here today so we probably wont have much foliage left. Now it would be goodbye to tourism.

Thats about it at my house. I am making spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight. Figured I would start the week off healthy and see how it goes. :lol:

jbbm
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Girls I am here :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Had a fun weekend, went to a museum on Saturday with a pumpkin festival, and then went to another store and bought pumpkins! Yesterday went shopping, and then went to mil's birthday party. And then last night dd would not sleep in her own bed tossed and turned in ours and moaned all night long....then after being up all night she threw up at 5 am. Ugh, my poor baby. My ds did the same thing on Saturday night. So I have a call into the doctor. I am so sleep deprived its unbelievable!! But other than that doing okay.

Noelle glad you had fun. It sounded like a great time. I love watching those guys.

Kempy also glad you had a good weekend.

Angie I think date night is a great idea....I have been hinting, but I will probally have to be the one to plan it. Sorry I did not get on this weekend.

Hope to be able to pop in today but loaded with stuff and sick kiddos. Julie

jbbm
10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Cherie how was your weekend? Did you get to relieve a little stress?

Hi to Cal, Holly, Jessica and Summer where are ya girl?
Julie

Kempyd
10-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Julie if you do have to plan it you should have th kiddos gone one evening when hubby gets home from work. I know that Joe and I like to eat Italian food and drink wine on our date nights. I either cook or we will head out. I have come home b4 and he has had some flowers, a sweet card and a glass of wine sitting on the counter for me. That will usually set the ton for a good evening. Date night doens't have to be anything big. I think just keeping the place quiet and not letting other bad topics come up. Maybe Angie can give you some hints too. I know that she and Jay have date night a good bit too.

Boy Tae Bo was hard. I had to stop and walk in place a few times but I am not going to beat myself up about it. I haven't really done any form of cardio in a good long while. Boy, wouldn't it be great to wake up in the morning and be 149 lbs. :D

PhotogirlTX
10-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey Everyone! I am here at work. I had to transmit my payroll this morning, so I didn't have a chance to post yet.

Well, I looked online, and my treadmill has been shipped! Woo Hoo... I just hope I can find some help in getting it up to the third floor when it arrives! :D

Cal... I have never been to Boston, so I have no advice to give you. I would like Maine however! :-)

Noelle, The Blue Angels are awesome. I watched a documentary about them this weekend, it was in HD on an 8 foot screen so I got a little motion sickness just by watching them... They are so amazing!

Kempy.. I LOVE TaeBo... I wish I still had my tapes. But I loaned them out to a friend a few years ago, and never got them back. I don't think I really have the room right now to do it.. but I enjoyed it. I guess I could always move my coffee table out of my livingroom :-) Have fun... I know it's tough, but I saw great results from them when I was using them!

Angie... I didn't eat too healthy this weekend at all either. I had spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and wine on Friday, game day food on saturday, which means lots of crap and a few beers... then yesterday, pancakes and pizza and some more wine. I just topped it off for lunch today, nachos... sigh... OK.. I am back on the wagon this afternoon. :) Can't wait for that treadmill! :D

Julie, I am so happy to hear that things are working out between you and your hubby. Hopefully they will continue to work themselves out. And I am sorry to hear about your DD.... I hope she feels bettter soon. I got to see my two munchkins for about 15 minutes this morning before I had to drop them off at school, so I am looking forward to this evening.

I had a great weekend.... Not sure when I will get another weekend to spend with my sweetie, cause my ex isn't doing great. The treatments are almost as bad as the cancer. He is getting to the point he can't take care of the girls. So... I guess for the next few months, I will let him do his treatments.. and not expect him to take the girls any. I already know, I will be ready for some adult time when I finally do get it.

Alright.. I better get back to work! Hi Holly, Summer and Jessica!

Hugs,
Cherie

Kempyd
10-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Cherie I got the Tae Bo off of QVC. It is a five DVD set plus some little handweights. I think I only payed $24 for it. I liked it but boy was it tough. Did it take a long time for you to see results? You know I am a true American, I want it now. :D I am going to keep your family in my prayers. I know it is tough going through this. I have been there and I hate that others have to go through it too. Luv Ya!

PhotogirlTX
10-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Well, I was working out doing other stuff.. but I noticed within a couple of weeks that my thighs were getting noticably thinner.. So.. I should go do it again NOW... I just don't think I have the room in my apartment to do those roundhouse kicks!

melekalikimaka
10-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Happy Monday ladies. Are we all in the wagon today? I like the energy I hear here. I just got into the office but stopped at the grocery store and stocked up on healthy stuff for breakfast and snacks (Kashi cereal, non fat milk, fruits, veggies and non-fat yogurt). I am set for a healthy week! My freezer at home has a few Lean Cuisines which I'm going to eat for lunch over the week but I always have to toss in a salad or a couple of steamed veggies on the side to make it satisfying. But all in all, I am pumped and ready to lose some of the bulge I accumulated over the past several months. I even got me a new pair of walking/running shoes which I used during vacation so I know they'll serve me well. I will get my butt out walking this evening :dancer:.

I am having a problem w/downloading the pics from my photo card, but I am working on it this morning. After I resize them I will post some of them. Ooooh, anticipation :lol: These are the pics which have inspired me to get back on the wagon :lol:

jbbm
10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Cherie glad you had a nice weekend, you deserve it. Your menu for the weekend sure sounds good though! Enjoy your evening with the girls.
Julie

jbbm
10-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Isn't it so sad about Christopher Reeve dying? God I was shocked. He had such will to walk again or even just to breathe on his own. So sad.

angieME
10-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Good afternoon. I have to leave in a minute because we have to go get my FIL computer set up for him. Lookout ebay!!!! :lol:

I ate a half a honey bun a while ago. I was hungry and it was fresh and warm. oops.

It is cold out today. Yesterday was perfect because it was sunny but crisp and still kinda warm. If that makes any sense. All I can say is that it was a PERFECT day.

My house is a mess. I should really go straighten it up before I leave. :lol:

Listen to me ramble on and on and on.

Cherie, Hugs to you and your daughters. Do they know what is happening?

GEMonster
10-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey ladies! :wave:

I am back from part I of a part III work/travel days. I was in Phoenix at a place called the Phoenecian which was wonderful but packed with business and some stuff with Michael which was good but only a couple hours of freetime in the AM or PM. It was so nice - my only regret is no time to call Calnative. I'm so sorry about that!

Cal - I LOVE BOSTON! cost of living is high but is probably comprable to Phoenix. Boston would be cool in my own estimation - but you may take awhile adjusting to the temperature if you move inthe fall or winter!

Angie I like Brit's eyebrow. My sister had that (had being the key word as she is now in the business field) and I thought she looked great. She is a pretty girl and gives her something different from alot of kids her age.

Noelle welcome back form Disneyland. I hope you are not feeling as tender today. Michael is actually burnt :lol: and I am not and that is never the way it happens. Way to go on getting healthy food! I have to go shopping and do that as well.

Cherie your daughters sound like wonderful girls! Keep up the good work with staying OP!

Kempy how is everything going? Good luck with the Tae Bo. It took about 6 weeks to see the difference for me.

Julie - prayers my sweet! All you want. I hope things start looking up. We are here if you need anything. :goodvibes:

I amfreezingmy@ssoff! 50 degrees difference from where I was yesterday morning. I am off to start organizing a great big cookbook auction. Some of those recipes will get you hungry :hun: usu with hazelnut glace) and some will not (jellied chicken salad) but 1600 cookbooks are being auctioned (silent, chinese and live) for a good cause!

Hello to Holly and Jessica!

Quote:
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain

be well.

;) Summer ;)

Kempyd
10-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Wow, I am the first one here today. I got up early b/c I slept like crap last night. I just couldn't relax for some reason. I hate to admit it but I am sore from exercising yesterday. Dont' I feel bad for waiting this long. I am going to do it again today though. I don't need to stop just b/c I am sore.

Summer what is it you do again? I am thankful that I don't have to travel for work. Joe does though and I know sometimes he hates it. I have been able to go with him a few times though and that makes it fun. I love getting to hang out by the pool all day.

Julie I hope you get to post more today. Did yesterday go any better for you?

Angie our trees havn't even started to change yet. We are still in the 80's during the day so I guess they don't know what time it is. Infact with all of the rain we just got eveything is really green right now. It went so long with out rain everything was dying but now it is back.

Noelle did you figure out the pics? It is amazing at the motivation we all have now isn't it. Why didn't we have this when it was bathing suit season? I think what really got me was seeing myself in my halloween costume. :yikes: It is a little close fitting and I am in no shape right now to be having close fitting clothes on.

Well, I am going to go do my dvd. I will check back later today.

PhotogirlTX
10-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Good Morning!

WTG Kempy!!!! Up already and doing your TaeBo!!!! That is AWESOME!!! Keep it up, and you will be looking so sexy in that halloween costume!!!

Hi Summer!!! Welcome home for a little while before leg II. Where do you live again? I had to turn the heat on this morning because it got cold!!!! I hate that.. I was wanting to sleep this week with the windows open, maybe later this week.. I think it's supposed to warm up.

Good Morning Angie... Did you get your FIL all set up? I actually looked at Ebay last night. I still need halloween costumes for the girls. As for knowing what is going on... Hannah, the almost 7 yr old is aware her daddy is sick, but the almost 5 yr old Megan, doesn't have a clue.

Noelle.... how are those pictures coming along?

OK.. Good Morning Cal and Holly and Julie and Jessica!!!

Back to work here!

Cherie

Kempyd
10-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey guys. Where is everyone today. Cherie and I are the only ones who have posted today.

Did anyone have anything good for lunch? I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with some letuce and tomato. I am trying to add a little more fiber into my diet.

I didn't do the TaeBo as intensly today. It seemed to be a little harder. It may have been b/c I had the windows open and it was a little humid this morning. Plus, I was still sore from yesterday. I pushed through it though.

I am avoiding studying right now. I know I need too but I don't want too. (in a very whinny voice) Joe keeps calling me with DU things that he needs me to do so that is keeping me pretty busy. I do catch myself sitting in front of the TV alot though. I need to be careful with that. I wont get anythign done that way. Damn, decorating shows. :D

PhotogirlTX
10-12-2004, 02:03 PM
:-) Hey Kempy... I was wondering where everyone was at too. I am here at work... and I just had some chili for lunch. YUM.

WTG on the Taebo.. at least you did something. I have been sitting on my butt all day in this chair going over payroll. And I understand about the decorating shows.. my favorite channel is TLC, What Not to Wear, While you were Out and Trading Spaces!! I am hoping that when my treadmill comes in, I can just watch them and walk walk walk!

Come out everyone! We MISS YOU!!!!!

Cherie

GEMonster
10-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Hi :wave:

Kempy!!!!!! way to do the Tae bo! Sore or not! What a tropper! Study when you can even if it's for an hour then reward yourself with a decorating show - how is that for strategy?

Cherie it's cold here (Buffalo, NY) too. During the day it's not bad but it came down to 35 last night. My body was in shock after sleeping in AZ for 4 nights.

Kempy I am a financial wholesaler. Basically my clients are banks not individuals. So I am hired by a large financial firm (like Mass Mutual) to go into the banks and train the bank brokers (along with a partner who does more travelling than I) and I often am back at the office for compliance, operations and questions. I hope that explanation did not bore you to death.

Angie I hope you are well!
Noelle I hope that sunburn is gettng better!
Hi Cal!
Hi Holly! Hi Jessica!

Quote:
Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings. -Samuel Johnson

be well.
;) Summer ;)

jbbm
10-12-2004, 02:30 PM
hi girls

just a quick note from me, been busy with taking ds to school this am, then lunch. I have not eaten anything yet today and it is 1:30 in the darn afternoon :o. I have phone calls to make this pm somewhere I have to work them in :lol:.

Kempy great job excercising. Loving it! You sound so much happier to be out of that **** hole and all they put you through. I told my husband about what Joe did with the wine and the glass, flowers and a card, he was like duh,?? I think the guy he works with don't do anything like that. They want freakin slave drivers the guys at his work :lol:. Joe and you sound great together.

Summer I know I am feeling the cold here too. Yuck. I talked to my brother last night and am so tempted to move out there by him.

Cherie chili is my favorite meal! Gotta have it with spaghetti, melted cheese and ff sour cream. And of course corn bread. Love it.

Well guys sorry so short. Gotta run. Julie

jbbm
10-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Angie where are you? Hi everyone else :).

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey girls. I finally got the pics downloaded into the computer so I will be resizing and posting them within the next hour or so. I think the memory stick got damaged or something (it's the original that came with the camera so it's quite a few years old). It kept stopping at pic#474, when all I really wanted was to do the last 80 or so pics... I did get it to work though. I am going to delete the rest off and save it to disc.

I also got Michael's school pics yesterday, although the 8x10 is missing! I was so pissed about that. Now I have to write to customer service and find out what happened to it. All I have is a 3-1/2x5 and a whole bunch of those little tiny wallet sized pics that I don't even give out. :mad: I can't get over how grown up my son looks in all the pics we take now, what happened to my little baby??? :lol:

Kempy, I have to chime in on congratulating you for doing the Tae Bo :cp:. It was so freakin' hot here yesterday--so humid and yucky that I didn't even go out and walk. I stayed in and did all the vacation laundry though. I sweated enough so that it seemed like I walked a few miles. I had a little run-in with some peanut brittle, but it's all gone now so I'm good to go healthy today, again :rolleyes: .

Summer, my BIL (the one I don't really care for :s: ) is from Buffalo. His daughter is visiting us here in HI though, I'm sure she's enjoying the heat. She still lives there, or in Cuba, NY actually...I don't know the exact areas. Oh yeah, I'm sure the 35--50 degrees is just a glimpse of what the winter will be like *brrrrrrrrr*

Cherie, another ebay shopper huh? I go through spells where I bid on a bunch of stuff, then I sell some stuff off. I like the adrenaline rush at the end of an auction, esp. if I get to snipe someone at the last minute :devil:. I'm sure your girls will look absolutely adorable this year. Any ideas of what they want to dress up as? Still sending good thoughts and prayers for Steven and you and the girls.

Angie, where are ya? Are the kids back in school yet?

Julie, is DD and DS feeling better? If it makes you feel any better, Rick is not so much a romantic anymore, except on b-days or anniversaries. And I am the one that usually has to plan any outing, which is OK w/me because at least I know I'll like the place :lol:. I think it would be great if you guys could move to CA, then it wouldn't be so far to visit you. Does your brother live in northern or southern Cal?

Hey Holly :wave:

Cal, I'm sorry I didn't get to take more pics of us together or the whole gang together. I guess we were too busy having fun, eh? I am so glad I got to meet you in person too. I will be posting some pics of the fun day though. I can email you some if you want to print them out later.

Have a great day all, I'll be back in a few.

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm still working on resizing some pics, I can't get the darn Picture It software to run properly. I hate it when that happens. Anyone have any ideas how I can resize a whole bunch to thumbnails so I can post them all at once?

This is a pic of Me, Michael, Ashley and Carol "Calnative" at Disneyland on Sunday. Sorry, the sun was in our faces :lol:

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Before I post more pics, I had this not-so-funny/embarrassing moment happen to me while on vacation. On our first day out to Disneyland, I attempted to put on my fanny pack to carry my wallet and stuff so I didn't have to bring my purse. Well, the last time I wore that fanny pack was in February 04, during the Great Aloha Run (which was when I weighed about 170 lbs :^: ). Suffice it to say, when I tried to put the strap around my waist, it was about 3-4 inches too short :eek: :ink:. Yeah, yeah, if that isn't incentive enough to get back on track, I don't know what is. If only I could just stop stuffing my gob :lol:

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Here's another pic of my family:
L-R: my niece Lacey, Mom, Rick and Michael on Disney's Main Street. (I'm behind the camera for good reason :s: )

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Ashley and Michael on King Triton's carousel @ Disney's California Adventure (sorry, I can't seem to post these all at once).

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Ashley the princess "Cinderella" sword fights with Michael

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 04:22 PM
The Gang waiting for the electric light parade

L-R: Carol's sis Roberta, Carol, Ashley, Lacey, Mom, Rick and Michael

Kempyd
10-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Noelle those are great. It doesn't allow you to post three at a time? I think I can on my end. Man, I want to hang out with all of you guys. Ashley is so cute in that dress and it looks like she and Michael had a good time with the swords. One more thing, Rick is a hottie! woohoo

melekalikimaka
10-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks Kempy :o

Speaking of hotties....here's Kai in his halloween get-up. "The Devil Dog"

jbbm
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Noelle you are beautiful!! You know I have always loved your thick beautiful hair. Michael looks so big now! I agree with Kempy too about Rick;). I wish I could have been there. My brother lives in the San Fransisco area. Your mom looks like a honey by the way! Love the doggy pic too. I just b*tched at my husband for not taking us on a vacation in eight years! Bad hus :mad:.

Glad you and Cal had a great time!

jbbm
10-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Cal Ashley is just a cutie pie! I love the princess dress, oh to be a little girl again :smug: :D....Glad to have you both back. I feel like you all are my sisters. Even though I don't have a sister, so I don't really know what it is like :lol:.

I luv you all so much girls....off to pig out on my weekly chili.:lol:Julie

jbbm
10-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Noelle I am just looking at the pictures and I looked at you and I wish so bad I had you, Kempy, Angie, Cherie, Summer, Cal and Holly and everyone else to hang with. I am actually tearing up. No I don't even have pms :lol:!! I just wish and hope I can make the trip in March. I think it is something I need to do for myself. Does that sound selfish to you guys? I have realized being a stay at home mom I don't even get a chance to pee by myself. Haha...not that I don't love staying home, I would not give it up for the world. I love my kids so much. I hate to complain because I know alot of woman would love to stay home, but I guess I am just feeling lonely? Who knows life is to short to worry so I will stop my b*tching. hahahaha.... Lets get motivated girls....summer will be here next year! Lets get a grip now! I'll try not to eat to much :)Julie.

jbbm
10-12-2004, 05:59 PM
What is everyone else having for dinner?

PhotogirlTX
10-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Noelle.... GREAT PICTURES!! You guys look like you had a GREAT time... and I was thinking the same thing as everyone else.. he is a HOTTIE!!!!! :D Don't tell him all of us think that, he might get a big head! ;)

Julie.... I am having left over chili for supper. I don't think I've ever had it with spaghetti though. I understand about the stress and loneliness of being a stay at home mom... I honestly think that was one of the biggest things that broke my marriage apart, ok, not the biggest, but it contributed. I am glad I have a job now, but I do miss spending more time with my children.. It's hard to compromise and find the perfect solution.

So when is this get together planned for? I may have to see if I can make it... I am not that far away from NOLA. :-) And just thinking about all that awesome food in New Orleans... OH MY .... :D

OK.. gotta get my girlies fed.. they are having their favorite.. frozen pizza.. ewwww... glad I don't like it! Talk to you soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
10-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Noelle Rhea and Echo both agree, two paws up to Kai. :D

Julie I wish we were all closer too. Does it make you feel better that I don't get to pee by myself either. I have both dogs in there with me every time. They think that when I sit down I am fair game. :lol: I think you should take the trip in March. You need to get out and hang out with some adults. You know, women need there friends. We are shoulders to lean on. I mean men have there friends so why can't we?

I am having a large salad with anything I can find to top it off with. I made some Italian dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. yum!

calnative
10-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Noelle: Great pics. Yes, I would love to have some e-mailed to me. I will put some pics online as soon as I can have them put on a cd. I don't have an A drive on my laptop, so I can't view the pics on the computer until they are on a cd. Hubbie has 3 roles of film from Alaska that still need to be developed so I guess I will be doing that in the next couple of days. I do have a good pic of you and Roberta on the roller coaster. Unfortunately, Lacey was too short to show up very well. When I e-mail those to you maybe you'll be able to post them so everyone can see.

Julie: I'm so glad we are all so close. I'll gladly be your sister. I already have 3; of course, I can give you one of mine. Mom always taught us to share. :lol: We love you too. :grouphug:

Summer: You're lucky you left Phoenix when you did. President Bush arrived today and traffic was terrible. In fact, traffic is going to be terrible everywhere (especially on the east side) because of where the president is staying and the debate tomorrow night at ASU. I was in Tempe today and I'm so glad I don't have to go anywhere near there tomorrow. :dizzy: By the way, it was 92 today.

Kempy: Hubbie told me that he thinks that I should go to LA by myself next spring. He said that maybe it would do me good to have some alone time for a couple of days. He said that he and Ashley would just veg. I have to think about it. I've never been away from Ashley for more than 1 night (and then it was only because she was spending the night with a friend down the street).
So far, though, it definitely looks like I may be able to make it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Angie, Jessica, Holly: Hope you're feeling alright. Come out and play as soon as you can.

By the way, Ashley's hearing test went fine. Her hearing is perfect. I guess the nickname "Eagle" can stick; she can hear and see like one. :lol:

Cal

PhotogirlTX
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Just a quick note! I hope everyone had a great night.. and a great morning.. mine has been hectic.. but I am finally at work.... made it before the boss, so everything is right in my world. :D

I'll check back later!

Happy Wednesday!

cherie

Kempyd
10-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Good Wednesday! I just got finished w/ the strenght dvd for Tae Bo. I have to say I like that one much better. I don't feel like I am putting myself into an anerobic state.

I can't talk long. I have to go get my shower and run a few errands. I'll be back later.

jbbm
10-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Happy Wednesday Everyone

Kempy I am so darn proud of you! You seem to have so much motivation aND GOOD VIBES, sorry about the caps my keyboard is acting up again! You go girl! I know, our black lab always thought she had bathroom time with us too, when we were in there. Even if I was fixing or curling my hair or doing my makeup she had to watch, silly girl.

Cherie I know it so hard to get yourself ready let alone two other little ones, sorry it was hectic but you did a great job! We always have some kind of noodles with our chili, isn't it funny how people eat differently around the country?

Thanks Cal! I always wanted a sister (I am the oldest) but ended up with 3 brothers, haha....I miss my bro that lives in CA so much. We are really close in age so we have always been there for each other....through my parents divorce, hard times but many many funny good times. Btw I would have a hard time leaving my kids too. I would miss them terribly!

Angie we miss you, come out and talk! You are probally busy with your puppies or work. How are the kids doing in school? Do they like their teachers?

Well as for me I have a couple of appointments this afternoon. I have to make some list of things. I might just stay home this morning and play games with the kids, read books, and entertain them, their colds are pretty bad yet. I just hope I don't get it. Need a healthy mom! I'll tough it out though ;). Yes I did have to much for dinner last night. Chili gets me everytime. I think was just missing the cornbread. Well gotta run, hi to everyone I did not mention. Julie

jbbm
10-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Noelle and Kempy I was thinking our hubbies kind of look alike. Well mine is only about 5 foot 8 eight. Everyone elses' looks to be taller. Love the pics. Hope you get a chance to check in today. I know today is going to be pretty busy for me. But I will try and check in tonight sometime this evening, plus its good tv night for me. If the bachelor and wife swap is going to be on, I think tonight. Julie

Kempyd
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM
HELLOOOO.... Boy is sure is quiet in here today.

melekalikimaka
10-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey y'all, I'm here lurking...I'm forcing myself to do office work today so I'm busy busy busy. Just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring you :lol:. Monday was a holiday and I was here (for a little while in the morning) but I wasn't doing much in the office. Then yesterday I spent most of the day organizing my digital photos into an album format...then printing them took up most of the rest of the afternoon, and I still have a few pages to go. I bought a cheapy plastic 3 ring binder and will be using sheet protectors to put the pics in. It's kinda cool the layout I did because I sort of did it in scrap book style with captions and stuff. I think Michael will like this little memento of his first trip to Disneyland and California. So today I am actually making myself deal with business :rolleyes: *grrrr*

I have a customer's NSF check that I'm chasing after right now so I'll be back after I get this straightened out.

melekalikimaka
10-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Julie, Rick's only 5'9" (or so he says) so he's about average height I guess. He's the tallest in his family--I'm as tall or taller than both his brothers and I'm only 5'3" :lol:. His maternal grandfather was 6'2" though, so I'm hoping that this height gene will resurface in Michael. :crossed:

melekalikimaka
10-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey girls, anyone around this afternoon/evening? :coach: Come out come out wherever you are....

Cal, I was browsing through the Disney website and found they are creating a photo collage of Mickey mouse for the 50th anniversary. If you submit a photo and they use it on the collage, your name will be entered into a drawing for a trip for 4 to Disneyland for the 50th anniversary. How cool is that? You can submit any of your favorite Disney photos, it doesn't even have to be current, it can be from when you were a kid. I submitted a few I just took from our recent visit. I'm hoping at least one of them gets chosen, I'd love to win a free trip back there.

It's still amazingly hot out here since there's a storm system sitting just outside of the islands blocking our tradewinds. The temps are in the high 80's but because of humidity (today 74%), it feels a few degrees hotter...I hate it!

I've still got banking to do so I've got to go...

melekalikimaka
10-13-2004, 10:50 PM
has anyone heard from Jessica (Jedi) lately?

PhotogirlTX
10-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Good Morning... I am here everyone... it's been a stressful 24 hours... so I've been sulking. We had our benefits open enrollment meeting yesterday, and I found out my benefit costs are going to double... and I am trying to figure out where I can get the extra money to shift to the extra premium cost starting NEXT month. (Why couldn't they wait til AFTER the holidays?)

Anyway... my company has offered to relocate me to Norman, (I am currently about 30 to 40 miles away) so I am considering that. There are a lot of pluses and a lot of negatives to the move. Right now, the girls are in school.. so I don't want to disrupt their lives by moving, so I MAY consider it over the Christmas holidays or I may wait til the summer... which I hope if that is the case, my company will still offer to relocate me.

Still not exercising. But not eating bad either.

Treadmill's projected time of arrival, next Tuesday.

:-) Now I am thinking I shouldn't have bought that.. cause what I will be paying for the next ten months on the treadmill, could have gone towards the benefits. But I need the benefits of what the treadmill will do for my health and body... sooooooo I'll figure out another way.

OK.. well, everyone needs to come back and quit lurking! ;-) I'm not doing great, but I'm here......

Kempy????? Did ya do your TaeBo???????????

Hugs everyone... I promise to have an attitude adjustment before I come back! :D

Cherie

Kempyd
10-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey guys. I am here but it is a little later in the afternoon than i would have liked. I didn't get to workout this morning. Joe left later today and I had a big list of things to do for Duck's Unlimited. Our banquet is next Thursday so we are all scrabbling to get door prizes. Two of the guys who were going to do it took the list and then called the other day and said they couldn't get to it. Sooooo, it is up to Joe and I to call all of these people. I hate asking for donations! Thank goodness for our neighbors, they are helping us too. I will be glad when this is over.

I went to borrow a girddle last ngiht for my costume. I can't believe I had to borrow one. It is totally my fault though. I will make sure that I post a pic of the party once it is over. I am ready for that to be done too. I am supposed to be studying damn it.

Noelle Joe is only 5'8" but he thinks he is taller too. :lol: Why is that? I never lie about my heigth. Men always seem too though. I am going to have to find our pics from Diseny when i was little. Maybe they will use one and I can get a free trip out of it. That would be cool. Is it in CA or in FL?

Ok, I need to get back to DU. Chat with ya later.

melekalikimaka
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Hello Hello...where is everyone else? Angie, Julie? :wave: I mean those that usually post daily and haven't popped in in a few....

I'm off soon to Costco so I can fill up my gas tank @ $2.08 p/gal regular :eek:. That's still a good low(?!!) price where I live. Then it's off to the tax office and then the car dealer to pick up some license plates for the new van. That about sums up my day. I've been having trouble with the staying OP--I have too many temptations in the house...candy, party food, etc. I need to get a grip and get my head on straight. I guess I need to go and look at more vacation pictures so I can convince myself that I need to stop eating so much! I feel frumpy and grumpy.

Kempy, the trip is to the CA park since it will be their 50th anniversary. I've also read that all the Disney parks will be having celebrations next year though, in honor of the CA park so if you can't make it down to CA, you could always drive on over to FL. I love that place since I feel like a kid all over again.

Cherie, you've got so much going on in your life right now, you can sulk if you want :). I gotta give you credit girl, you just take it all in stride. I'm sure everything will work out for the best. The treadmill is a good investment for you, it'll keep you near your girls and help you on your way to slim. :tread:

Man, I gotta hit the road before it gets too busy.

Hello to everyone else :wave: Summer, Cal (enjoying your time off still!), Holly, Angie, and Julie. Be back later.

GEMonster
10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Hello there wonderful women!

Benefits doubling Cherie???? Are they taken out of your paycheck or do you have a plan where you pay into it. I don't think sending back the treadmill is an option but there have got to be other ways. Sorry :soap: I but my former hat as a Financial Planner on and I start blubbering.

Kempy I hate girdles but sometimes a necessary evil :dunno: I definitely want to see pictures. Michael wants us to dress up as Captain and Tenille :p Good luck finding door prizes. Just make sometime for yourself!

Noelle my DH is 5'7" on a good day. I fit perfctly though! :devil: Keep up the good eating! Put all the temptation in a cupboard or a shelf where you don't see it. Out of sight, out of mind - at least it works that way for me but that can qualify for work as well :lol: How did Michael like Disneyland?

Cal I hope the traffic in Phoenix is not such a hassle today. How far is it from Tempe?

I need to go shopping for food but no time. I am organizing a cookbook auction and that is taking all my damn time. There are days I qualify as being certifiable. :dizzy:

Angie???? Julie???? I hope all are okay.

Quote:
Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs. Joan Didion, "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"

be well.

;) Summer ;)

angieME
10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey guys I am alive...barely. I dont have a clue what is wrong with me but I woke up Tuesday with the chills and diarrhea. Then hot flashes and more diarrhea. I slept for the last 2 days and today I still have diarrhea. I dont mean to gross anyone out but this has never happened to me before and I have never been in so much pain. I have only eaten 1 can of soup and about 15 saltines in 3 days. So you know how bad I feel if I am not eating. This is the first time I could sit up long enough to type to you guys.

I will be back when I feel better.

melekalikimaka
10-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Angie, so sorry you're feeling poorly but so glad you could check in. Are your symptoms getting any better as the days go by? Sounds like some kind of food poisoning. Hope you're feeling better soon. I would at least take in more saltines and maybe some diet sprite or something. That's my remedy for the runs....ok sorry, TMI :lol:. :lucky: Feel better soon!!!! :grouphug:

ps. look on the bright side, you probably dropped quite a few pounds and fast :^: Missed ya!

PhotogirlTX
10-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Good Morning everyone! TGIF!!! I am happy about that. I had some wine last night... and not enough water, and this morning I woke up with a very bad headache... so Here I am.. with my water.. and I'm going to see if I can flush it away! :)

Angie... you poor thing. I am so sorry you feel so terrible. Get some rest and I hope in the next few days you feel better. (((HUGS)))

Summer... by what I mean that my benefits are doubling, the premimum I have to pay for my medical, dental and vision used to be 160 a month for employee + family, now it is going up to 313 a month for employee + family. They are saying we are still below average in what we are paying, (18% of the total healthcare costs) but still... that is quite the jump for someone who has to budget every dollar. I am glad it is pretax so that will help out.

Noelle.. good luck on those temptations. I haven't even bought any candy so far this year. I know I would just eat it. I am excited about the treadmill.. I am going to make sure I use it everyday, so I can justify the cost. So HOPEFULLY... it will pay off!

Kempy... I can't wait to see the halloween costume pictures!!! You have so much fun! I got a cartoon in my email yesterday of this couple walking out of a halloween costume party, and the man said " NEXT YEAR, I get to pick out the costumes" He was a big huge TURD and she was a roll of toliet paper!! :D It was funny....

OK.. back to work here..

Hi EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Cherie

Kempyd
10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Good Monring guys.

Angie I hate to hear that you are sick. I was going to give you one more day and I was going to call you to make sure that you were still ok. I hope you get better soon and get back to us. Like Noelle said you are dropping a few pounds. Not that I hope to get sick to drop weight.

Cherie that is really high. I think we pay $105.00 a month. Joe's company pays for him though so that amount is just for me. We are really lucky with that. What sucks about insurance is that we never go to the doc but we still have to pay for it. I hate that.

Noelle I have got to tell my mom about that Disney thing. She would love that too. The bad thing is I think my sister has the pics so that means I have to tell her about it. :lol: Darn I wanted to be the one to win. :D

Well, I might not be able to be on this weekend. I am switching internet carriers and I have to reinstall a new modem. I have to bring the other one back in a few minutes and I don't know how hard it is going to be to get the new one up and running. I do have a computer guy right down the street form me so he might be able to help me though. So, if I don't get back in a few days I hope you all have a great weekend.

calnative
10-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Angie: I was sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Kempy: Hope you get everything up and running. Have a great weekend.

Noelle: I'm still working on getting the pictures I took on a cd. I had so much fun that I know if everyone gets together in March, we will have a blast!!!

Cherie: I know what you mean about health insurance. Here in AZ, the school district pays all the premiums for the teachers, but to add family is far too expensive. None of the cost is subsidized by the district or the state. I would have to pay $367 every two weeks to add Alberto and Ashley. That works out to around $8000 per year. :yikes: It is 1/4 of my annual salary. So, Alberto has no insurance and Ashley is on Blue Cross (only because she can be on it without either one of us; I still pay $64 a month for her, but it is a lot cheaper than through the district). It's really sad for anyone to have to work so hard and risk losing everything if there's one major medical problem.

Hello to Summer, Holly, and Jessica

Cal

jbbm
10-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Hi guys I just have a quick second to type HELLO. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been soooo busy. With ds school, appts. and gazillion phone calls. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about everyone here and hopefully I will be able to post more this weekend. Luv you all! Julie

jbbm
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh btw Angie hugs girl, sorry you are so sick....do you think it is food poisoning from somewhere? Whatever it is take care, keep you fluid intake up, drink, drink, and keep eating bland foods like toast and crackers. Post when you can, don't feel like you have to if you are not up to it. Luv ya, Julie

melekalikimaka
10-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey all, how's everyone doing today? I'm back to my usual goofing-off self. I'll be on my way to get my nails/pedicure done in a few minutes :lol:. Michael had a field trip to the fire station right around the corner from my office, then they went to the police station in the next town. I had errands to run so I saw all of the little kiddies looking up in awe of the new fire trucks at the station. Then when I got back from my errands I saw them loading up and heading to the next stop. I would've like to have chaperoned a field trip, but did I tell you about that one mom who signed up for every single field trip for the year? They like 3 parent chaperones per class and by the time I got to the list, all the spaces were already filled. I guess I'll mention that I'm interested if a really good destination comes up--maybe I can get that other mom bumped off :devil:. I mean come on, I think other parents should get a chance if they can, right?

Cal, I think I have your email address on my home computer, I'll try and get you some photos over the weekend.

You know, I don't know if I'll be able to make it in March :(. But I'll see what happens and try my hardest to be there. I would definitely love to meet all of you in person. You're my best buds ;).

Cherie, that sucks about your medical premium. I think Hawaii is the only state where employers must provide medical insurance for their employees if they work at least 20 hours per week--and the employee can only be made to pay up to not more than 1.5% of the monthly wages. It's good that all employees are assured coverage if they make the hours, but it's hard for us employers too, having to pay these premiums!

Hey Julie :wave: Angie :wave: Summer :wave: Holly :wave: Kempy :wave:

PhotogirlTX
10-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! The girls and I just got back from having some kolaches... Angie.. this is something you should make in your bakery... cheese and sausage wrapped in pastry dough... they have fruit kolaches and cream cheese kolaches.. and my daughters will agree.. they ARE better than doughnuts! :-) I have only seen them in Houston, so I was so excited when a Kolache Kitchen opened up here.. they are just soooooo good. I saw him handing out the recipe today to someone that lived in Florida.... for the dough... it's not too sweet... just yummy! :-) thankfully, I only go there every other weekend with the girls.. or else I would be as big as my house!

Well I hope everyone is doing OK... 4 days til my treadmill gets here.. I cannot wait! :-)

Ok.. Talk to you all soon.. have a great Saturday!

Cherie

(off to watch some OU football...... go sooners! then some razorback football.... go HOGS!)

melekalikimaka
10-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey girls, it's a hot and sunny Saturday here. I took Michael for his third swimming lesson and he looks like he's getting more relaxed in the water. He's certainly enjoying himself. I like these Saturday's too because I can catch up and "talk story" with my girlfriend from "small kid time". Her son and daughter are a little older than Michael but they are in the same swimming level so we sit and wait during class and just chat.

Do any of you guys remember watching the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team when you were little? They're coming to HI next month. I remember seeing them when I was a kid and I thought they were so great. I'm sure Mike will like it too because he loves to shoot hoops in the backyard. Well, not much going on right now except for laundry...

Angie, are you feeling any better?

Kempy, hope all your computer transitions go smoothly :crossed:

Cherie, I've never heard of kolaches but they sound delicious. Have fun at the games! Sooooeeeee!! :lol: (I was born in Little Rock :^: )

Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

jbbm
10-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Good Sunday ALL

Hi everyone kinda slow here this weekend. Sorry I have been busy, Friday night went out to eat for a fish buffet with my hus, kids and my dad....the food was great! They had everything deep fried of course :lol:, scallops, perch, haddock, pike, broasted chicken, deep fried shrimp, fries, hash brown patties along with tons of other tempting sides, it is the biggest best buffet ever. Plus the dessert table. Cherie it is so funny you mention kolaches, I hade about three small ones, a cherry, apple, apricot, all with cream cheese, after all I am polish! And I had seven layer bars and they had brownies and cupcakes and homemade cookies. Okay enough talk about all that yummy food! I want it again! Yesterday I went shopping with my mom to our favorite store. It is about 20-25 minutes away, but got some cute stuff. A little rooster stool for my kitchen and a coat tree for my foyer. My closet is so small it is stuffed with coats and guest never have anywhere to hang their coat. I spent my birthday money....its been time all ready it was in September. The kids went to another Halloween Festival at lambeau field. They had a blast and came home and played in the leaves. Enough about me all ready!!!! I can't wait until Friday again. Plus our darn dryer is not working right, always something. Well I wanted to pop in and not stay MIA all weekend. Luv ya all Julie

jbbm
10-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Angie gosh I hope you are feeling better! Thinking of you

Noelle so sad you may not be able to make the trip. I know things are kinda tight right now for us, we may need a new dryer. Glad Michael is doing well in swimming.

Cherie hope you are having fun this weekend. I hope you all are!

Hi Holly, Summer, Cal, Kempy, Jess. I hope did not leave anyone out. May go to Mil's, I baked her something up since I had the oven going for homemade pizzas, there I go again talking about food, it was a bad eating weekend for me :(. or get a happy meals for the kids. And of course play in the leaves. Miss you all! Julie

Kempyd
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Good Morning guys. I will be walking out of the house in a few minutes to go run some errands for DU. Since the banquet is Thursday I have a list of things to do. Joe is out of town so he is freaking out. I know he is ready for it to be over with.

I got woke up this morning at 4:30. It was the sound of a cement truck and lots of hammering in the ground. Talk about piss me off. How in the world can they pour that stuff in the dark? Of course they are done now. Figures!

Angie are you doing ok? I am starting to really worry about you now.

Ok, not much time to chat I have to get this list done.

PhotogirlTX
10-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Good Morning! It's MONDAY.... I really don't like Mondays... it takes so long to get back to Friday.... Oh well.. good news is, my treadmill should arrive tomorrow! I spent yesterday trying to rearrange my furniture in my bedroom to find a place for it... so after doing some moving, and more moving... I think I have it set. Now just to get the treadmill and set it up.. and I will be off and RUNNING!!!! :D

Kempy.. hope you get all the stuff done for your DU banquet!

Angie.. how are you doing? I hope you are feeling better.

Julie.. My aunt is polish.. but all I ever remember her talking about are perogies.... I think the sausage and cheese kolaches are my favorites... they are sooooo good. :-)

Noelle.. I have never seen the HGT in person, but I used to love watching their specials on TV. I loved it even more when they were on the Scooby Doo show ;) That should be a great show your whole family would love!!!! Its nice to know they are still around... however... just not the same without curly or meadowlark lemon! (is that his name?? :D)

OK.. Back to work here.... Lots of activity happening.. our grand opening is on Wednesday.... and they still have a long ways to go to be ready. My global CEO from Japan will be here today... right now.. I need to go roll scarves. There are about 500 blue fleece scarves with our logo on it to be handed out come Wednesday. :D Everyone have a great day!

Cherie

angieME
10-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey guys. I am not much better. I went to the doctors and she said stomach bug but I dont think so. She gave me meds that were supposed to take care of it and they havent done it. I dont go every 15 minutes but I still go about 10 times a day. My stomach hurts to stand up and I still cant eat much. I am scared because I looked it up on WebMD and the only next things I could find were colon cancer or stuff like that. I am not saying that is the problem but I dont want to have to go through the tests for it. Brit's birthday is Saturday and we had plans to take her to the mall shopping and then out for seafood where my mom and sis were going to meet us but as of right now I dont feel like it will happen.

I did go help Jay in the bekery yesterday but I was so beat afterwards. The poor guy has been doing my job and his for a week now. Brit was my nurse all week and now she is back to school so I have to do it myself again. She was great. I paid her for it because she did such a good job with the cooking and cleaning and waiting on me hand and foot.

melekalikimaka
10-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey girls. It's still early on Monday morning but I think I may have found the catalyst to jump start me on the weight loss wagon again. Last night I dreamed I ran into an old co-worker and she said ,"Oh Noelle, you've gotten SO BIG!" :o In my dream I just felt all flushed and hot and just stood there and clenched my teeth and didn't say anything :mad:. I was so upset it woke me up :lol:. Of course I had a major tension headache because I was actually clenching my teeth so hard...it's PMS week though so once I start, the headache will go away.

Angie, so glad to hear from you even though you're not feeling good. :grouphug: It was sweet of Brit to take care of you and the house, she's a great kid--of course she would be, you raised her right. Hope you start feeling better real soon. We miss you around here.

Cherie, funny you should mention the HGT on Scooby Doo because I swear I just saw that Haunted Island episode yesterday afternoon! I made my son watch because I wanted him to see what the players were like with their tricks and stuff. And yes, his name was Meadowlark Lemon :lol:

OK, here's a question for you guys: What tv shows or cartoons were your favs when you were little? I may be a little older than some of you and a little younger than some of you but here are some of the shows I liked:
Fearless Fly, Mighty Mouse, Hong Kong Phooey, Land of the Lost, Shazam (yikes!)...I could go on but I'm laughing too hard right now :lol:

Julie, mmmm, I love fried scallops and shrimp :hun:. But let's not think about that right now, I just had breakfast :lol:. Glad you had some time for yourself (w/out the kiddos) and got to spend your b-day money even though you bought stuff for your house and not yourself! :rolleyes: :lol:

Summer, are you off jet-setting again? I wish I could go flying off to somewhere right now...these days I only fly off the handle, yeah I'm certifiable too :dizzy:

Cal, I didn't get a chance to email the photos, but I will soon, promise!

Kempy, good luck with the DU prep, you'll get it done and pull it all off without a hitch, just like last year. :)

Well gals, gotta run and get some work done. Have a good day.

angieME
10-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Noelle, I hate those dreams! I have them all the time but usually I only see people from my past right after I have gained it all back. Never when it is gone. LOL

Julie, Jay's last name is supposed to be polish so I guess that makes him polish too. haha

I am waiting for the donuts to cool so I can go help my sweetiepie fill them. As I sit here Rebel and Mickey are sleeping in the crate beside me together. silly pups.

It is weird because in my head I could eat anything but once it gets to my mouth I wanna throw up. I love BLT's so I ordered one for lunch and it was so gross that I choked down half without one side of bread and made Jay eat the rest. I wonder what I should be eating. Today I have had a 1/2 banana and the BLT. The weight has definately dropped... I think I lost 9 pounds this week. I am at 197 which would feel great if I werent sick. :lol:

I hope everyone is doing awesome. I cant wait to be back full time and catching up with you all.

Kempyd
10-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok, I am back now. I still have some things to do but I can do them from home on the puter. I broke down while I was out and dropped my wedding ring off to get re-sized. It is only up 1/2 size but I deel like I gave in to the fact that I have gained weight. I was trying to let that be my goal but I am kind of stuck right now. I really miss wearing it so I had to do it.

Noelle I totally forgot to answer you about the HGT's. One of Joe's friends, (and mine too) dad is married to Curly's duaghter. How is that for small world? I met her at our friends wedding and you would not believe how much she looks like her dad.

Cherie how is your ex doing? Do you have your running shoes all ready for the treadmill when it comes in? :D What are your girls going to be for Halloween? I can't wait to see the pics. They were so cute last year.

Angie it is so good to see you posting again. Joe and I had some sort of weird stomach thing last year and it hurt to move any which way. I wonder if it is the same thing. I will send healing thought your way though. Your are lukcy to have someone around to help you too. I usually have to lay in bed all day and just wait for Joe to come home when I am sick.

Julie how is your day going today?

Well, the dogs are driving me crazy so I need to go play with them. I have a few pics that I want to post of them so I will be back in a bit.

jbbm
10-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Angie I am glad to hear you only had one episode this am. Hopefully you will get better soon. Your family sounds great, Brit and your hubby are really sweet! I am also glad to hear you are taking in some food. I know the BRAT diet it is called is good for diarrhea....it is bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. I know that from working at the doctors office for so long and when my poor ds was hospitalized in July from dehydration. I hope you get well soon so we can get chatting again! Hugs

Noelle we are pms'ings the same week, God I can't wait until this weekend until TOM comes over, haha. I know I should have bought some winter clothes, but I will, my mom said she would buy me boots to shovel the snow when I have to take ds to school. So that was nice to hear.

Cherie I love perogies too. I guess there is not a food out there I don't like. I hope your Monday goes smoothly. Good luck with the big CEO coming in!

Kempy 4:30!! Take a nap girl!

Hi to everyone! Gotta run, need to go to the bank and the kids are fighting today, one minute they are hugging each other and saying "I love you" and the next fighting!! :lol:What do ya do, gotta love em :lol:. Julie

jbbm
10-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi Kemp!! You snuck in on me! My day is going pretty darn good, other than misty rain this am and dark clouds outside and cold :lol:! I am glad you got you ring sized. I hardly wear mine. I am afraid of damaging it with all I do in this house. Not using a jackhammer or anything like that :lol:, but you know what I mean. Can't wait to see your pics!

Noelle I will think about that question, but I have always loved and always will Mister Rogers. He was and is a great man and teacher!

Kempyd
10-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Here is a pic of Rhea from this spring and one of Joe and I on vacation.

Kempyd
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Here is the two of them.

melekalikimaka
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Wow, look at all those gorgeous blondes!!! :yes:

angieME
10-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Julie, I spoke to soon. I guess I am not much better. Lunch happened. :lol: I am getting so frusterated.

Noelle, That is too bad you cant meet up. I was hoping we could actually pull this together. Maybe we can all plan it some other time I guess.

Kempy, Great pics. You are so pretty. The dogs pics are cute.

Kempyd
10-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Angie I hope you are feeling better today. What did you eat yesterday for lunch? Maybe it was too much for your tummy to handle after not keeping anything down. I don't think I have ever been that sick were I wasn't able to eat for days on end.

I am sitting here doing more Du stuff today. I have to make a few signs right now. I do plan on running to the store in a few though. I just want to get out of the house for a little bit. It is sooooo nasty outside right now. It feels like it is August. I bet the humidity is 100% right now and that doesn't help.

Cherie today is the big day huh? I bet you are so ready to be at home waiting for the treadmill.

Julie did you stop your job search? Ya know I just realizes that we don't know what you look like. You should post a pic so that we can all put a face with a friendship. No preasure though. I bet you are just as pretty as your personality.

Noelle I talked to my sis about the Disney pics and they are from the FL location. Darn! I was thinking it would be really cool if they used them. They were taken in the late 70's. We all look so retro.

Ok, I guess I need to get back to these darn signs. I'll check back later.

PhotogirlTX
10-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone! My day has started out BAD.. but I am hoping it gets better. My treadmill is coming in, so if I can get it into my apartment and put together.. I'll be REALLY happy this afternoon.

This morning as I was coming into work, there is this road right beside our building. Well, they are still trying to finish up everything for grand opening tomorrow... so there is a beehive of activity going on. Well, this morning, on that road, there were two trucks double parked in the road.. with just BARELY enough space for me to pass to get to the parking lot behind the building. Well, I drive a honda civic, and they are small cars and sit low to the ground. As I was slowly trying to pass, I failed to see the guy walking between his truck and the trailer that was attached that was holding a really long PIPE. I saw him right as he saw me.. right as the pipe gashed the front fender of my car. So I have a 4 to 5 inch scrap on my front fender... Hopefully OU will do something about it.. I am supposed to fill out a claim with the foreman later today.

Anyway.... :-) Treadmill is coming.. good things, good things!

Kempy, you are gorgeous and your dogs are too! I used to know a person in Texas that belonged to DU and had two gorgeous labs..... must be something about labs and DU! ;)

Angie.. sorry you are STILL not feeling better. Hope it passes soon.

Noelle... cartoons.. hmmmm that would have to be Scooby Doo! Also, just for shows, my favorites were The Bionic Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man, Wonder Woman, Love Boat and Fantasy Island! :D I planned my weekends around those shows.

Julie.. I am with you about food... I LOVE IT... :-) and it shows. sigh...

Noelle.. just read the part about your NIGHTMARE!! OMG.. that would kick me in the butt too.... hopefully I have enough motivation right now where I will follow through on my treadmill commitment!

OK.. ladies.. I need to get back to work....

Talk soon!

Cherie

angieME
10-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Morning girls. Not much happening here. I am not any better and I am trying to decide what I should do next. I cant figure out what would be wrong but I am scared to find out if there is something wrong if that makes sense. Brit's birthday is creeping closer and I know I will have to cancell out on her. Poor thing. Maybe I will have Mom and wendy come here and still surprise her with something. It is funny but I bought her a huge bag of things last week when I felt okay. I wonder if that was fate. I bought lotions,soap,makeup,face masks, girlie stuff ya know. She can at least relax that night and pamper herself.

Here are my symptoms right now if anyone has a clue can you let me know? It has been a week today. I start out with cramps and nausea until I go to the bathroom. Then I usually feel okay until I eat again where I than bloat up like crazy and do it all over again. Only thing is that after supper I was bloated so bad for 2 hours until i finally had to use the bathroom. I dont get it. Then again in the middle of the night. I bought some applesauce and crackers today to go with the bananas and I am going to give up on trying anything for real food for now. I am so sorry for copming here and being a downer.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Kempy, why is it so hot and humid there right now? I couldnt handle it. Our highs for the whole week are 48-55. Wanna live here? :lol:

Cherie, I would be so pissed. I hope they get your car fixed. I remember when Jay was helping his Dad build the bakery. I used to drive over to bring him steak and stuff for lunch(gotta spoil him) well, we lived way way way in the woods and it was a dirt road so the logging trucks used to park in the middle of the road to load so that you would almost be in the ditch to get around them. I used to stop and lay on the horn and wait and make them move. hahaha I am such a *****. Im not driving in the ditch for noone.

Kempyd
10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Cherie we use our dogs to hunt. I mean they are inside alot but they know when it is time to work for daddy. Echo is really good at it. She will sit with them in the duck blind and just wait. Most of the time she sleeps until they hit a bird. She will swim way out to get them. She loves it. Sometimes they have to throw something out there for her if they don't hit anything. She starts to whine and groan b/c she is ready to get a duck. It is kind of cute. Labs are really big down here. I think most of the people I know have either had one or have one now. The ones who have had one b4 are all ready for Echo to have puppies. They all want to buy one. I know how we all feel about breading dogs here though. I would think that company would have to pay for your car. If it isn't bad they might even do it without filing a claim. i had that happen to me when we had our Honda. A guy backed into it with his trailer hitch but he just gave me a check to fix it. He didn't want a claim on his policy.

Angie I wonder if there is some sort of over production of bacteria in your stomach. Of course I am no doctor though. I would think that is why you swell after you eat. I could be wrong though. Do you think your doc could give you anything else to try?

Fav TV shows, Smurf (are you all sining it in your head now?), Love Boat, Magnum PI. It is kind of hard b/c I still love cartoons. Joe gets so tired of seeing me watch them. :D

Alright I am out or here. i want to get out of this house for a little while. I have a haircut at 2 so I want to get soemthings done first. I will be back though. :wave:

Kempyd
10-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, where is everybody today? I thought I would pop on and have something to read. I just got back from getting my hair cut and now I am wasting time till Joe gets home.

Noelle did you get that e-mail I sent you with the drunk guy? (the game)

melekalikimaka
10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey ladies, I'm having a hard time typing right now because I broke one of my nails last night--I mean really almost ripped the whole thing off and it hurts like a b*tch! I was reaching for something on the side of the bed when my nail got caught between the bed frame and the boxspring, I heard a crack, then pain :faint:. It didn't bleed much but it looks pretty disgusting, I'm sure Angie you would faint if you saw it :lol:.

Kempy, this is a link to the website where you can submit your photos: www.disneyland.com/photos . I don't know if the photo submissions are only limited to only the CA park, I mean, from just a picture can they tell that it was taken in FL and not CA? (Well, if the sky is blue then it probably would have to be FL right? :lol: ) I know the prize is a trip to DisneyLand but all the other resorts will be having celebrations because of it too.

Angie, please don't feel like you guys have to postpone the spring trip because I can't make it. I may be able to swing it, but right now it's up in the air. I would hate to be the cause of you guys not meeting up and having fun. Man, hope you're feeling better soon! From what I've read on the internet, certain foodborne illnesses can last up to 7 days to 2 months, depending on the cause (like which type of virus or bacterial organism). Has your doctor told you to come back in any number of days if your symptoms don't improve? You can check out the FDA or USDA websites. I just googled "foodborne illnesses" and came upon this http://www.fda.gov/fdac/reprints/unwelcom.html

Cherie, make them pay for the damage and don't take no for an answer. I don't think they should've been double parked and blocking the roadway anyway. Hope your day gets getter with the arrival of your treadmill :cb:
Hey, I remember the Bionic Woman and Six Million dollar man...hehe. How about Charlie's Angels (I used to collect the trading cards) and/or BattleStar Galactica?

Hey Julie, it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood.... :lol: How's your day going?

I'm starting to get a headache from my sore finger (does that make sense?) I mean, I feel my finger throbbing constantly so it's giving me a headache :lol:. Anyway, hello to Cal, Summer and Holly...:wave: Be back later.

melekalikimaka
10-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Kempy, yes I got that email...the farthest I got was 64 I think. Rick and Michael loved it, they made sooooo much noise playing it at home they were lauging so hard. :lol: In fact, I think I'll play it right now. Check your email in a bit, I'll be sending you a halloween bowling game :s:

ps. How'd your haircut come out? Are you feeling fabulous? Man, I need to get my brows waxed :lol:

jbbm
10-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Noelle, hahahaha....now I got Mister Rogers song stuck in my head :lol:! Kiss kiss to your poor little finger. Back in May I slammed my finger in a car door if you remember and I lost the nail in July! The nail grew back bump has a bump in it now. I think they grow out with time, like hair! Noelle don't feel bad if you can't make it. But you are an important part to our group! I know things are tight right now for us. We'll see what happens. Don't work to hard it in that beautiful sunshine. It has been cloudy here and it does not help this pms. I wish I was in your neck of the woods!

Cherie gosh girl what a day huh? I hope you love that treadmill, you deserve it! Have you gotten costumes yet? My dd wants to be the same thing as last year :lol:! Okay by me, don't have to spend the money on an one time outfit, get her some pj's instead ;).

Kempy, job search is I guess on hold right now. Can't really afford daycare, but if the right good part-time job came along I would probally go for it. Maybe hours when hubby is home to watch the kiddos. You know I was thinking you guys have not seen me. I will pm you a pic :lol:, I am so shy, I will ask my husband to hook up our scanner. I will get brave and you will see me! I am also a smurf girl!

Angie, call the doc again....Gosh I hope this passes soon, I am sure Brit will understand if you are not in tip top shape for her birthday. Don't feel bad. You got her presents any teen would love! Your a great mom.

Summer what state are ya in now :dizzy:! Your a busy girl! Stop by when you can.

Hello to everyone else. Julie

jbbm
10-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Whats for dinner everyone? Sorry Angie, should not even ask. But we are having chicken parmesean. SP? I really need a vacation! I don't why I spit those words out but I do! I will keep dreaming! lol

Kempyd
10-19-2004, 09:39 PM
We had sushi for dinner. Joe was craving it so I figured it was easier than cooking. Plus I hadn't planned anything for dinner.

Noelle that game is hysterical. I can't believe it is cats though. My sister was on the phone with me when I was playing it and she said it sounded terrible. I am not very good at the drunk guy game. I think my mouse is too sensitive. I have a wireless one. yeah, thats it, it is the mouse and not me. :devil:

Julie I would love to see you. I am sure you look great!

PhotogirlTX
10-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Good Morning! :D Well, I have my treadmill! It's taking up the whole open space left in the bed room of my apartment, but it is there, put together, and I used it, which is after all the most important thing. I walked a little over 6.7 miles yesterday. I divided it up between two sessions, a hour a piece. Call it the novelty of having something new, but I am very excited. I have it rigged up where I have my keyboard on the treadmill, and my laptop on the dresser next to me, so I can chat while I workout! :D Anyway.... Hopefully I can stay this motivated. Surprisingly enough, I really am not that sore... I am sure after a few days I will be, but it's the good kid of sore! :)

Julie.. I did get the girls costumes. Megan, will be wearing the same one as she did last year.. Tinkerbell, she hasn't grown any and can still fit into it. I did get some face paint, and will doll her up really pretty, so she will be happy. Hannah got a new cat costume... has a little skirt, its very cute, but she insists she is a jaguar.. not a kitty cat. She went around making growling sounds after she tried it on this past weekend. :D

Noelle.. I loved Charlie's Angels too.... all those shows were great! And as for my car.. they are sending me a risk management claim form from the state... Just lots of red tape for a second's worth of damage.

Kempy.... How is the hair cut? I always feel great after one... How was the sushi? I have only had real sushi once, that was back in June... it was quite interesting.

Angie.. I hope you are feeling better. Have you gone to the doctor yet? I am sure it's just food poisioning.. but hopefully you will find out more and get better!

Hi Summer and Holly and Cal!!

Back to work, today is our grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony here at my work.... so it should be a fun day! They are having a reception/banquet after the ribbon cutting.. lets hope I can control myself!

Talk to you all later!

Cherie

Kempyd
10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Man, Cherie you are the workout queen. I don't think I have ever gottne on tne treadmill for that long. I have put the workout off until next week. I have had too much stuff to do for the banquet tomorrow.

My hair looks good. She didn't do anything different to it. It just needed a trim. It feels better though. I really need to get it colored but the whole time thing is not happening right now.

I went to get my wedding ring today and it is so hot still that I still have a hard time getting it on. I know he fixed it though b/c I was able to get it past the point that was giving me trouble. He cleaned it really good too. I don't think it has looked this good since I got it.

We are not looking for any cooler temps anytime soon. I wish I was up there with Angie and Julie right now. This is terrible. Isn't it supposed to at least be cool this time of year? I hate having to run the AC all of the time. I get enough of that in the summer.

Ok, everyone come out to play.

Angie I hope that you are feeling better. Please keep us informed.

jbbm
10-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Cherie my dear, have fun at the banquet! I agree you are an excercise queen, go girl :)!! I got a little cardio like jumping around and running in place this am. I had to make up for supper last night :devil:!

Kempy glad you hair turned out. I am still growing mine out from my nightmare haircut in July. Haha....It was like a damn mullet :lol:, sorry to offend anyone if they like mullets, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but on me nowWAY!!!! It was not my normal girl, and I asked for my layers to be trimmed! I want your temps I am freezing my butt off. Well I wish it was coming off :lol:!

Angie keep us updated, prayers hon.

Noelle you busy today? I just want to know how my rockin, guitar playing friend is today :lol:?!??

Well I would love to get a nap in, yeah right....I did Halloween projects with the kids all afternoon. My ds needs to work on cutting so we cut out pumpkins and ghosts, it was alot of fun! But needed patience :lol:. He is doing really really well though learning how to cut paper. My dd just drew scary faces on them. Now it is snack time, pumpkin sugar cookies and juice. More sugar that is all they need.lol Last night when the cookies came out of the oven I broke down and had one. Pms. It is my excuse, oopps! At least it was just one though. Does anyone one have the baking bug? I want pie, apple crisps, and fall desserts. It will pass. Then X-mas baking! Hahahaha
Well guys gotta go break up the kids, lol, can't tell if they are playing or crying! Julie

jbbm
10-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Forgot to ask my daily question? Whats for dinner :lol:? Either chili or mini meatloaves baked in muffin tins, with mashed taters, and veggies, and cornbread with either of them! Oh no! I should not even purchase cornmeal!

angieME
10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I went back to the doctors today. This time I got a different guy. He was great, He took his lunch hour to sit and talk with me and ask questions(that is something the other one didnt do) He gave me a cup for a fecal sample(that was fun let me tell ya. :lol: ) he was going to take blood but he said he would let it slide if I promised to come back on Friday so he can check my heart rate again. He thinks it may be a virul thing and it should be gone in 2 weeks but he did a fecal to check for bacteria. The only problem was my heartrate. He is going to recheck it again on Friday and if it hasnt slowed down by then then I get sent to the hospital for further tests. So basically I still dont know what it is but I got stronger meds. Now Alicia came home from school and she has diarrhea all day.......

I have totally missed fall. The leaves are all gone and I missed the last week of nice weather. I hate that.

PhotogirlTX
10-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone.... I almost came and posted last night, but I got distracted, and soon I found myself in BED! :)

How are you all... I am good.. a bit sore.. but its that good sore knowing I exercised.

Angie.. I hope the new medication helps. Sounds like you got a better doctor this time. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Julie.. I just had left overs last night. Since it's just me and the girls.. I tend to make a big pot of something once a week, and I eat off it for a few days. So I had my harvest stew that I had made on Monday. I am having the rest of that today for lunch, so I am not sure what I will make for dinner. It is supposed to be in the upper 80's today, so it won't be warming comfort food.. so who knows? Oh, did you watch the Bachelor last night? I can't believe he kept the psycho one... I would have much rather him keep Cristi (the psycho blonde) than the one that freaked out last night. At least she was entertaining! Oh well...

Kempy.. good luck with the banquet tonight! I bet it will be so much fun. Me.. I'll be staying home watching survivor, walking on the treadmill! :)

Well I guess it's time to work.... Hi Everyone!! Come out today!

I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie

angieME
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Oh mY gosh you guys now Alicia is sick. I feel so bad that I gave my baby something to make her as sick as I have been. Poor little girl. I have to go back to the docs tomorrow morning and I will take her in with me to see what they can do for her. I am surprised that she got it though since she wasnt home at all last week. She stayed at the bakery and most of the time at a friends house.

Arent I just a big ray of sunshine lately? :lol: Sorry. I am hoping to get back to normal and be myself again soon.

Not much happening here. Jay is going to make Brit a birthday cake for Saturday. I love him so much!! He is the best guy in the world!!!

Kempyd
10-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, I don't have time to post but I wanted to pop in b4 I had to leave for the banquet. We have been setting up all day so now I have to take a shower and go back over there.

I'll pop on tomorrow. Have a great rest of the day.

Angie glad to see you back!

melekalikimaka
10-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone. Not much happening here in Hawaii. Another storm system sitting just south west of the state so we're expecting thunderstorms either later today than rain this weekend, boo! I hope to take Michael to the pumpkin patch this weekend, otherwise it'll be a visit to Sam's Club for the pumpkin.

Kempy, have fun at the banquet tonight.

Angie, you sound more upbeat. Sorry to hear about Alicia. Hope she doesn't get it as bad as you did.

Cherie, your girls sound so cute with their costumes, esp. Hannah the jaguar. I have to agree w/Kempy, you are the workout queen, you did enough mileage the first day on that treadmill for 2 days :lol:, so don't sweat the downtime yesterday.

Julie, Michael needs to work on caring about writing and coloring neatly. He always seems to be rushing through his homework and it looks so sloppy--and he doesn't mind :rolleyes:. I have to say he takes after his father in that respect :lol: How're your little ones doing? Are you planning on putting DD into preschool anytime soon?

Cal did you have to go back to school yet? Don't you feel like you need another vacation when coming back from vacation :lol:

Summer, how 'bout them Red Sox????? :cb: :rofl: I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning (don't laugh and yes I was late for work) and Kelly Ripa was showing a few headlines from some New York area newspapers, like NY Yankees "Battered", or "**** is Freezing Over"... funny stuff.

Well, gotta get back to work for now. See y'all later.

PhotogirlTX
10-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Good Morning everyone! TGIF! :D I am so happy its Friday.... I didn't even want to come into work.

I had a hard morning... I get so frustrated with my little one, Megan. She is a whiner. I cannot stand that. They say what goes around comes around, and since I was a whiner when I was little, well I am getting it back full force at me and then some. This morning, she just kept whining about everything... I kept asking her to stop.. and on top of that, it was taking the girls both forever to get ready. Anyway... I lost my temper this morning.. and on the way to the car, I grabbed the suitcase that Megan had (we live on the third floor) and told her to come on we were late. Well, she immediately started crying and whining again about wanting the suitcase and I told her to hush and get downstairs and get in the car... well.. she continues all the way down, and as I am trying to get the suitcase in the car and the backpack of pillows (they are going to stay with their dad tonight) Megan is FINALLY down and she is STILL crying and whining... I lose it and I smack her on what I thought was the mouth. I know I shouldn't have done that.. but I just cracked. I got them in the car and started on of my lectures about blah blah blah... and take them to day care. It isn't until I get to daycare that I see I left marks on her cheek... and I almost start crying. I feel like such a failure as a mom... and now I am so scared that because of that.. CPS will be called on me. Because I am a "danger" do my children. :( I am not a danger... but I know if the teachers see it.. they have to report it. I feel so bad. I stayed with Megan for a little while this morning, I apoligized to her and told her how much I loved her. I feel so bad right now. I am almost in tears... Why does being a Mom have to be so hard? I know you all probably think really bad things about me right now, so I am apoligizing to you too... I really am not a bad mom... I just get so frustated sometimes.. and I can't get their attention. :-( I am sorry. It doesn't help, when I am leaving, my oldest tells me she loves me, and that I am the Best Mom in the world.... That makes me feel even worse.

On the upside.. it is Friday. I have used my treadmill for the past three days.. and it's getting easier. I won't have a chance to use it today, however, I think my body needs a break. I will have this whole weekend to use it.

On Thursday night, the girls and I tried to paint a pumpkin, two of them... and I got poster board paint. We got up yesterday morning and Hannah's pumpkin was peeling.. and by yesterday afternoon, so was Megan's. all the paint flaked off. Do you have any suggestions on the kind of paint I need to get to paint these pumpkins? She has to take hers (Hannah) to school on Monday.. it's part of her homework.

OK.. I better get back to work.

Noelle.. I hope you survivied the storms.. I love them myself... we might get some here today.

Angie.. I hope you and your daughter are feeling better.

Kempy.. I hope you had fun at your banquet last night.

Hi everyone else!!!! Talk soon!

angieME
10-22-2004, 10:13 AM
{{{{CHERIE}}}}} I sent you a PM. You are not a bad mom. Thinking of you.

I went back to the docs today and my tests came back okay so I guess it is a viral thing that will pass. I hope you guys never get anything like this because it SUCKS!!!! :lol: I still cant go anywhere. I have been stuck at home for 2 weeks already!!! UUUGGGHHH!!!!

I am baking a cake for Brit for tomorrow.

Oh yeah let me tell you waht happened last night.... While I was sick Brit lived on the computer talking with her friend. Well, her friend introduced her to someone online and she added him to my MSN Messenger. Well Monday I was online and this person kept asking for Brit. I figured it was her friend so when she came home from school I asked her if India stayed home. She said no it must be Tom. HUH???? Well, I guess she got introduced to someone supposedly in the Netherelanmds named Tom that India knew. I said NO WAY!! I cant believe you invited a stranger on my instant messenger yada yad yada. Well, I blocked that person and told her no more contact. Last night I get a love note from this person so I saw that he was online and I reconnected him and started asking questions. He is 18 and he said but age is just a number we arent breaking the law by talking etc. I could have strangled this person!!! I told him if he contacts her again than I am calling the cops she is a minor. I am so freaked out now. What should I do? Do you think this is something dangerous?

angieME
10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Here is the note he sent.
hey

I haven't received your note yet, I guess u know the reason
just wanted to let u know that I think the wholde day bout u
and missing u, if u want we can mail right? I hope u remember u note
well, I hope I see or here from u soon

greetz, love Tom

jbbm
10-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Girls don't have much time to post but wanted to pop in and say Hi!! TGIF!

Cherie I hope your day gets better :). I never painted a pumpkin before, sorry I can't help, only carved them, but painted ones sounds alot easier.

Angie, I think you are doing the right thing by taking immediate action!! This guy "says" he is 18, but who knows? He could be one of those freaks! You are looking out for her best intersts. Glad your tests came back normal!

I hate to cut everyone short. Gotta run and get my butt in gear and get my stuff done! Hi everyone....Julie

PhotogirlTX
10-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Angie.. Thanks! Today just wasn't a good day for me, and since I won't get to see them til tomorrow... I really think I am going to feel bad until then.

Oh I am so not looking forward to those days when my girls will be online and "chatting". Hopefully this guy will stop, and leave your daughter alone. That is sooo scary. I know they see it as innocent, but we see it as it could be and it could be very ugly. Hopefully, after your talk with Brit, she will understand and respect your rules regarding her friends and internet usage. (((((HUGS))))
Hi Julie!! I hope you have a great day! I am going to get some acrylic paints I guess.. just a couple of colors and HOPE and PRAY they don't spill it on the carpet or themselves! :D

Well, it's lunch time.... leftovers! YUM.. hahaha NOT. :D

melekalikimaka
10-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey girls. Michael had a day off from school and my niece had a waiver day from her school so all the kiddos are at my house today. I snuck off from work in the morning and we all went to the brand new Wal-Mart/Sam's Club complex. I bought myself a GameBoy since I'm always taking Michael's away from him to play :^: :lol:...yeah, I'm still a kid at heart. I especially love that they have the old Nintendo games like Super Mario and the Legend of Zelda. Those were the games I used to play waaaaay back when and I still love them.

Cherie, you are not a bad mom. I don't know about how you were raised, but I remember my mom 'disciplining' me and my sisters when we needed it, and that included a few smacks every now and then--and we all turned out okay. It's good that you talked with Meghan and apologized for what happened, that will probably mean a lot to her. We all feel like losing it sometimes and that just makes us human. Thinking of you!

Angie, yikes! Scary stuff alright. I would monitor that IM stuff closely. It could be harmless stuff but hello!??!! if you were an 18 y.o. male, why would you want to converse with a 13 year old, esp about the "missing u and thinking about u all day stuff:? *shudder* That's a little creepy if you ask me. Oh kids nowadays, they just want to be so grown up... Glad to hear you're on your way to getting better. How is Alicia today?

Got some phone calls coming in, hello to Summer, Kempy, Julie and Cal :wave:

jbbm
10-23-2004, 12:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIT!!!! to a sweet girl with a sweet mom and dad! :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :gift: :gift: :balloons: :lucky:!!

Have a great day as a family and I hope everyone is feeling better! Julie

jbbm
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Happy Saturday

I have not been OP girls, TOM is coming today or tomorrow, and I feel miserable. Migraines, bloated body, cysts, you name it....I want a hysterectomy so bad! Sorry if I sound like a downer. But hubby was sweet this am and took my little ones over to see my step-grandparents who are in town only like for an hour, so that was nice. They probally don't care to see me anyway....once you have kids you know its all about seeing how cute they are. But they are alot cuter that me ;) :D. So I don't mind. I have to find a ninja turtle costume for ds, I might call around rather than going to fifty different stores. Dd is all set she is going to be a pumpkin. Same as last year but that is what she wants :).

The weather is crappy here, thunderstorms, wind, clouds and rain. I want summer back girls!

Kempy how was the banquet?

Well everyone before this post I typed a long one and it got lost. I should try and get some cleaning done. Check back later girls! Have a great weekend everyone....Julie

jbbm
10-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Where is everyone?

jbbm
10-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Forgot to say I hope having a fun weekend :). Julie

angieME
10-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi Guys! Today is the first day where I really feel good and I got a call from the hospital. (figures, huh? ) Well my tests came back today posotive for Salmonella. I have Salmonella. I am contagious and I cant work until they talk to someone from the CDC who will let me know when I can work again. I am so heartbroken. Poor Jay has been busting his *** for 2 weeks now and I cant help yet. I have to get back to work. The only place I can think of where I would have gotten this is from the Chinese I had the Saturday before I got sick. I had some chicken lo mein that noone else ate. Ya think? I mean I dont leave my house and the only thing I do do is to go to Walmart shopping on Saturdays and we got chinese and rented movies and went home. Where else could it have came from? I have a very clean house and I always overcook my chicken for this reason. I dont think it was anything I did. As for Alicia I have no idea because last week was their vacation and she wasnt home most of the time.

Brit had her birthday yesterday. It went well. Her favorite gift was one from Jay. I sent him up to buy her a balloon and he picked up a Boyds stuffed skunk for her and she has been carrying it everywhere cuddling it and saying how much she loves it. I think it made him feel good that she liked it so much.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

GEMonster
10-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Angie

So sorry to hear that you have salmonella! I :goodvibes: am sending you some good vibes. At least you know what it is, and that you can treat it and it was caught before you unknowingly spread it to customers. As for your daughter's on-line friend...it freaked the **** out of me to hear that. My brother was approached on-line and my parents went after him and my brother was not allowed to IM alone for a long time but he was scared and he didn't mind that some one was reading what he could - so he said - that was 4 years ago and he hasn't been bothered again. DON"T IGNORE THIS. That is the last thing you should do. There is a great website regarding this especially for parents called cyberangels.org not advertising - just think it has some great advice.

My fundraiser was friday (cookbook auction) and still tallying - but we know $5,000 was made so far! I am going to Baltimore Tuesday and will return after that!

:wave: to all you lovely ladies! :grouphug: to Angie, Noelle, Kempy, Cherie and Julie.

be well.
;) Summer ;)

PhotogirlTX
10-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey ladies..... it's Sunday night.. and my weekend went way to quickly as usual.. and my least favorite day of the week is 2 hours away.. ICK. I got plenty of exercise in this weekend... including rollerblading... probably my last chance... the weather here Saturday was just beautiful and perfect...

Angie... (((HUGS))) so sorry you have salmonella... that really SUCKS.... I really hope you start feeling better.. and I hope your daughter doesn't get it as bad as you did.

Happy birthday to Brit.. glad she had a great weekend too!

Summer .. congrats on your auction... and good luck on your trip... stay safe!!!

Julie.. sorry you are having a rough time with TOM..... I have been very lucky.. next week will my my time.. but I have practically no symptoms... Hope it all passes...

Noelle.. sounds like you had a nice Friday..... :D

Well, I got the girls back last night, and they are doing well. We painted pumpkins, made pancakes, and went to the park today. All in all a good day. I will see if anyone at their daycare says anything to me. (Steven picked them up on Friday).

OK.. I guess its time to go to bed... I'll check in in the morning!

Hi Kempy, Cal and Holly!!!

calnative
10-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I can't believe how busy I've become since going back to school. We have a new 7th grade teacher because our Social Studies teacher had to resign for health reasons. This new teacher did well with the kids and they have not given him much of a bad time, yet...
They did give my substitute a bad time on Friday. I went to a Reading Seminar all day on Friday and when I got back to school to get my keys, the other 7th grade teachers and the principal said I can never leave again. The kids were really out of control with the sub; seems he had no control over them. They'll pay tomorrow. :devil:

I went on a train ride this weekend with Ashley and hubby. We drove up to Clarkdale, AZ and rode the Verde Canyon Railroad; it's a 4-hour round trip ride through the Verde Canyon. Beautiful!! We even saw a bald eagle nest and 2 bald eagles soaring overhead. What a sight!! As soon as I can I'll post some of the pictures on the photobucket website that I've been able to post pics on. My brother made all the reservations-about 75 people went in our group. It was a lot of fun.

Angie: I'm so sorry to hear that you are still so sick. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello to everyone else: Summer, Holly, Kempy, Noelle, Cherie, Julie. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Have a great week.

Cal

Angie: I'm so sorry that you are so sick. :grouphug: Hope you're better soon.

jbbm
10-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello Girls

Angie, my gosh, I can't believe it. That can be so serious. Are you feeling okay yet today? What about the rest of the family? Take it easy. Hugs girl

Cherie, you are a lucky woman, I got TOM when I was ten years old and ready to be done with him :lol:. Way to young!! I am glad you had a nice weekend with the girls. I tried rollerblading once, when I tried them on in a store and I couldn't even stand! But I use to rollerskate all the time when I was a kid and loved it. I want the weekend here too!

Cal your train ride sounds beautiful. I am dreading winter! I want to move by you or Noelle for it :lol:.

Well I am going to venture out later on either when hubby gets home or with the kiddos and go get more presents for my mom's birthday. She is good to me, so I want to find her a special gift. Other than that tonight for supper I have some leftover beef roast and I am going to shred it and make stuffed enchildas with beef and beans topped with enchilada sauce and of course cheese :^:. Probally homemade guac too and chips. What can I say I am a true cheesehead! The sun is out today, I love it. Hi everyone, I hope you all can check in today. Julie :)

jbbm
10-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Does anyone want to do a water or excercise challenge this week? Last week I ate soooo bad....let me know? I am trying to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Julie

PhotogirlTX
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Hello everyone! I am here. Tomorrow I run payroll... so I just have been busy...

Hi Julie! Your dinner sounds GREAT..... YUM.... not sure what I will be having. I need to stop by the grocery store and stock up for the week. Last night I made a hamburger helper, Crunchy Taco, and added a can of black beans, and the girls loved it. Beans and rice and hamburger, and of course cheese.. with frito chips was basically all it was... for hamburger helper, it was pretty good.

Cal, your train ride sounds great.. I would love to do something like that... but around here .. fun things to do are hard to come by. Oh.. and go get those kids.. hahaha.. I can't wait to hear how you got them back in line! ;-)

Julie... I'll do a water AND exercise challenge with you. How much water do I need to drink? I know during that hour that I exercise, I gulp down 20 ounces... and I am drinking all day long... so what is the amount that I really need to be drinking? And I will exercise everyday.... I love having this treadmill.... it's the best thing I've ever done. Mind you.. this is the second treadmill I have ever had... and the first one didn't get used. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? This one, I guess the difference is, I am motivated... and I want to make sure I use it (guilt) because I really can't afford to buy it, but I did. I am a bit down.... I haven't lost any weight since I got it last week.. and I've been on that thing every day.... I've logged in 41 miles on the treadmill, and then I skated 10 around the lake on Saturday.... so.. not sure what the problem is... however, mentally, I am feeling 100% better, so just for that.. I will continue on the treadmill.

Hey everyone!!! Hope you are having a great day!!! Talk to you all soon.....

angieME
10-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Hi guys! I finally got the call back from my docs and he said I can go back to work whenever I feel like it so I got to help Jay today. YEAH!!! I feel okay except for the last 2 days I have been having a pain under my ribcage and going around to my back. It is almost like when my gallbladder went but I have had that removed so that cant be it. weird! I am sick of being sick. I bleached my entire house yesterday so of course where my hands were dry from all the hand washing they are now bleach burned.

The kids have pumpkins to carve tonight so they are happy. Alicia can go back to school tomorrow so she is happy.

Well, I suppose I had better figure out what to feed us all for supper.

Oh yeah, All the weightloss was for nothing because since my appetite came back so did the weight but I was 13 pounds lighter for a couple of weeks. :lol:

Kempyd
10-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh my gosh Angie I can't believe that was what it was. Are you going to sty away from that Chinese place now? I wonder if you should tell them that you got sick. At least you are able to work again.

Julie I am right there with the PMS thing. I didn't think I had it but I noticed the signs today. I guess I have just hard way to much going on. I will join in on the challenge. Whatever it is I will do it. I need to to something.

Cal I took a train ride when I was younger and I loved it. I still want to go on one but I always seem to forget about the train. We have eagles around here every spring. They have nests all over the place down here. Joe says he sees them all of the time when he is working. He has some pretty cool pics of some.

Noelle I LOVE zelda. Joe has a gameboy and he has that game. I used to play it all of the time. We are just stuck right now. I told him that I would find him a strategy guide if he wasnted to keep playing it. Life has just been busy to do that.

Well, I took my test today. I think I passed it. So, now I just have to wait for them to send me my liscense and I can start to work. Don't get me wrong I love not having to work but I miss having the extra money. Well, it is time for me to figue out what to eat for dinner. I will be back later.

jbbm
10-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Kempy congrats babe on getting that test out of your way :), smooth sailing from here I bet! No more school :cheer: :cheer:!! I am sure you passed.

Angie I agree with Kemp, maybe you should contact the restaurant, or is the CDC doing an investigation? I hope that pain goes away, don't work too hard, start out slow, your body has been through alot!

Well I ended up going shopping with the kiddos today to an upscale botique....lets just say not a place for a three and a five year old :lol:. They were well behaved though....but don't you hate it when people look at you like they are thinking control your kids....theY were not even misbehaving....I felt like saying "Don't you remember being a kid or having little ones?" I just smiled at them and went on my way, I was proud of them, they were great kids in the store!! Hahahaha....to all the snobs out there and pEOPLE that think their you know what does not stink :lol:! Sorry about the capS THIS COMPUTER is not acting right??

HI everyone out there! Julie

jbbm
10-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh about the water and excercise challenge, Cherie I don't know how much I am taking in. I should get my ounce measure thing out. But so far today I have had about six glasses and a diet mountain dew with caffeine, I needed it, I was tired. Well this computer is really aCTING UP....I have to have hus take a look at it. No excercise for me either excepT FOR CHASING THE kids :^:, if that counts :lol! Well my computer is acting crazy here. Talk later or tomorrow :dizzy:. Nighty night, Julie

PhotogirlTX
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Hello everyone! I came to find us.. and realized our group had fallen off of page 1!!!

I just transmitted my payroll... and just had lunch.... so now I have a little bit of time to relax, and see what is going on.

Last night, I didn't do much in the way of the treadmill. I got on and walked about 35 minutes. I had to push myself to even do that... Tonight is a different story.. My Fair Lady is coming on TCM, so that will give me something to watch and I will stay on the treadmill while I am doing it.

I have to say, I am a bit discouraged, I have really done a boom in walking this week, and I have been watching my portions, I cut out all snacks between meals, I've been drinking my water and I have almost completely taken the diet cokes out of my daily diet intake... but still... I have only lost 1/2 pound this week. Now it's supposed to be the week that TOM shows up... but I would still think I would see a bigger difference.

Oh well... regardless... I won't let it stop me... I will get off this plateau (the one that I'm on before I even start to lose weight) one way or the other.

Angie.. how are you feeling dear? I bet you were glad to get back to work. Two weeks to be sick.. that is just awful. Hopefully your household will start to feel better now!

Julie.... I am doing well with my water. I have one of these insulated jug/cups and I am on my third glass of water... I figure it holds at least 20 ounces... if not more. And I just realized... it's bathroom time again! ;)

Woooo HOOOOOOOOOO Kempy!!!! Congrats on taking the test! I know you passed it with flying colors!!! I bet that feels good. Congraulations again!

Hello there Cal and Summer and Noelle!

I better get upstairs before I burst ... ;) talk to you guys later!

Kempyd
10-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I am here but a little late. I have been trying to get my house in order since I havn't done a thing in almost a week. I need to get it straight for Saturday too. I think was are going to have a house full. It should be fun.

Cherie I bet you are starting to tone your muscles and that is why you have not dropped any weight. You are probably starting to change the composition. I wouldn't stop though, you are doing great. Since I am not at work I noticed that I don't drink as much water as I should. It is just too easy at home to forget it.

Julie what is it that makes your puter go crazy? I still have not completly fixed mine since we got that virus. I have no idea what to do to it to make it work right. I keep gettting an error and I know it is from that virus.

Angie what are you up to today? I hope things are still getting better for you.

Noelle where are you today?

Ok, back to the damn house.

melekalikimaka
10-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey girls, I just got into the office. I feel kind of blah today, Rick and I are having the same age-old argument about his loser brother and I'm sick of fighting. I feel like screaming right now.

Kempy, I bet you feel mighty relieved now that the exam is over. How soon do you get results? I'm sure you passed it you worked hard for it. How'd your DU banquet turn out? I remember back in high school, my sister and I put our money together to buy the complete Zelda strategy guide. I could finish that game in about 2 hours straight. I don't know what happened to the book but if you go online and google "Zelda cheat codes" and put in what game system you have i.e. Xbox, Playstation, etc, you can get lots of free info and finish the game. (just thought I'd toss that out to ya ;) )

Cherie, don't feel discouraged by the scale. Sounds like you've got it going on and you'll probably see a big drop in the next few days :yes:. I love the motivation in your posts. Thanks for reminding me about payroll, I've got to get mine done today too. (I actually forgot about it last pay period, all because of that vacation lapse, oops!)

Angie, so glad to hear you are better. Jay must be happy too. Did you call the restaurant to let them know you might've gotten sick from their food? I would call and let them know, you never know if other people got sick from the same batch of food. One of my sister's friends is a health inspector and she would tell us which restaurants NOT to go too :lol:.

Julie, did you find a great present for your mom? I hate shopping in ritzy-glitzy places where the salesperson shadows you like you're going to steal something or break something :rolleyes:.

Cal, your train ride sounds great. I've only seen a bald eagle once in my life and that was at a zoo in Seattle. I didn't realize they were so big, and the size of their nests! Awesome! Can't wait to see pics. So I'm with Cherie, what kind of punishment did you dish out to your students? :lol:

Summer, that's a lot of money you guys raised from cookbooks! How's Baltimore today? I have a friend living out there who bears a remarkable resemblance to Angie :lol:. I wish I could find a picture of her so you guys could see it, it's almost eerie, the likeness I mean...

Well, I guess I should get some work done. Ho-hum. :D

angieME
10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey guys. I feel better with the exception of some major cramps. Now Jay and Brit both are sick but they think it is just a cold. I think this will be a bad winter for colds etc. in my house. Figures because last year we were all fine.

Cal, We see bald eagles all the time hanging around the meat market. They are pretty. I would love to come to your side of the country for some sight seeing. In 7 years when the kids move out we are planning on going RVing full timing so I guess I will have to wait until then...

Kempy, I bet you did great on your exam. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Your party sounds like fun too. I would just love to get out of the house for a few hours... :lol:

Cherie, You are a workout machine girl. I wished I had half the ambition that you do. How excited are the girls for trick or treating?

Julie, How are you doing? I dont want to call the restaurant just in case it wasnt them. I dont want to insult them or anything. :lol: I am pretty sure that must be where it came from since i am the only one who ate lomein and my family usually eats all the same foods. No, I guess noone is going to check into where it came from since my docs didnt even talk to me personally whan the results came back. I had to call the office and leave a message and the nurse called me back that afternoon. Maybe they only make a big to do about it if it is an outbreak or something. Which if it was from that restaurant it is an hour from my house so the sick wouldnt be coming to my hospital I would think. Oh well. I will be happy to be back to normal again whenever it happens...

Noelle,you sound busy this week. I hope you get a chance to relaxe.

I am making terriyaki chicken with augratin potatoes for supper tonight.

PhotogirlTX
10-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! It's foggy here..... we may have some thunderstorms later.. not sure.

Well... After my first full official week of having the treadmill, I have lost ONE POUND. :) I guess that is better than gaining one pound, so I will be happy. Last night, My Fair Lady was on, and I ended up walking 8 miles total watching the movie. I had a few breaks inbetween, but I did get in two hours of walking... (and singing with the movie.. I know I am a dork, but I love musicals).

Angie.. I am glad you are feeling better, sorry the rest of your crew is suffering from a cold. And you are BRAVE to be having chicken again! ;)

Noelle... (((((HUGS))))) sorry you and hubby are having difficulties.. I hope you two can patch things up....

I guess I better get to work. First, I need to go fill up my water glass... then work. Priorities right? I hope everyone has a great morning!

Julie.... are you watching the Bachelor tonight???

Talk to you all soon.

Kempyd
10-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I am here a little eralier today. I ended up farting around in the yard yesterday and I didn't get much housework done. So, I guess i have to do it today.

Angie I would love it if you were here for Saturday. I remember how much fun you guys had at the b-day party. I am sure you would be a blast at this one. Joe and I usually don't get sick either. (knock on wood) If we do it is just a little cold that dosen't really keep us from doing anything. We just sound funny.

Cherie HOLY COW!!! I can't beleive you walked 8 miles. Maybe I should think about getting a treadmill. The only thing is Joe wouldn't let me put it in the living room. I wonder if I could talk him into letting me bring it into the office. Of course then I would have to buy a tv for in here too. You know you can never stop spending money. :D

I can't talk long, my mom needs me to look up something on the net for her. I told her she needs a puter and her response was, then I will have to learn how to us it. That little stinker. :D

jbbm
10-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Good Morning Girlies

Cherie, you bet I will be watching the Bachelor tonight....I love that show, yes maybe I am a dork?hahahaha....But I like Byron, he is a cutie. More like a hunk of a man :lol:. I bet he would look great with a short hair cut too. Okay I will shut up about that and get to these eight miles!!!! Where in the world do you get the energy after working all day, and taking care of the kids? These two where me out plus keeping up this house!

Hi Kempy, my treadmill is in the basement and folded up :^:. Maybe this winter when it is to cold outside I will get it out?

Noelle I totally understand the hubby frusterations....last night before bed I was upset about something and he just did not want to talk :(, I mean you are never suppose to go to bed upset with your spouse right? Well maybe I should have stayed up last night :lol:. Nothing big. Old arguement, I would just like him to say something right to me once :?: :lol:! Don't work to hard today.

Hows that belly ache today Angie? I hope you are feeling better. Are ya working today?

Gotta Run....Julie

jbbm
10-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Btw did anyone watch that show last night on nbc called the losers or something like that, well anyone it is a weight loss show. Another reality show I am hooked too :lol:. Well have a great day to everyone I did not mention....it is rainy and cloudy here! Yuck, may just hang out and get some deep cleaning done and organize toys? Check back Julie

Kempyd
10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Julie I watched it last night. I know that I said I don't like reality shows but it is dealing with weight loss so it got me. The reason they didn't loss that much was but they all lost water weight that first week. I knew that was going to happen. They are also putting on muscle. I bet since they are all wearing elastic stuff they can't tell if they are losing inches. It did get me motivated though.

Joe and I never go to bed mad. I make sure of that. I just can't sleep if there is tension.I was in a relationship when I was 18 and all we did was fight. I make sure that we don't do the same things. I learned some big lessons with that guy. I don't ever want to go back to that. It was miserable.

Noelle I know that when it comes to family poeple get kind fo crazy. Even if they know that family member is in the wrong they still feel the need to take up for them. Joe does that sometimes but I just let it slide. It isn't as bad as your situation though.

Kempyd
10-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I am trying the Slim Fast thing today and I AM SOOOOO HUNGRY!! I am just trying to get msyelf strated b/c I couldn't seem to do it on my own. Being home just makes it too easy to eat everything. Julie I know that you lost a good bit of weight being at home how did you do it? I don't even know how Angie can be around all of those goodies. I have been drinking lots of herbal tea trying to keep my stomach full but I am still hungry. I guess I just have to keep pushing to see if this is going to work.

jbbm
10-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Kinda slow here today, huh? I was thinking on booking a trip just for a weekend to Las Vegas just for me and hubby sometime. And surprise him. See if it will restart the fun in marriage or whatever :lol:, what do you all think? Can't really afford it, with x-mas, and b-days but can't afford to have a stressful relationship either :lol:....I don't know just a thought! I hope you are all having a great day! The weather here totally sucks! It is making me so tired.

Kempy I wish I had an answer for you. I chase the kids around all day, I mean somedays I feel like I never get to sit. I am afraid I will gain all it back when they are in school full time :lol:. I am sure you can understand with the dogs. But as you know this year has been kinda stressful year in my life, so sometimes when I am stressed I want to eat and sometimes I have to force myself....I don't know, I just basically tried to cut out snacking and regular soda and get cardio in when I can. I still do snack but try and make it healthier. Don't get me wrong I do not forbid myself from anything or else it is binge time! Ya know? It has been so much work to get where I am....I don't even know what I weigh. But it takes discipline and self control....which I don't have all the time, who does, no one is perfect. Just keep trying and never give up on anything, weight loss or whatever goal you have in life! I believe in you :). Hugs, Julie

jbbm
10-27-2004, 03:59 PM
For dinner, honey mustard chicken, rice or potatoes, veggies, and biscuits. Hus had to make some da*n homemade cookies last night. Ugh, more temptation, like Halloween is not enough :lol:. Btw I read a news article on a man who weighs over a 1,000 pounds and had gastric bypass surgery. I hope he pulls through. He had to lose like 421 pounds before the surgery. Poor man. Hopefully he can live a normal life someday.

Hi Cal, Angie, Summer, Cherie, Kempy, Holly and everyone lets try and have an OP night! Julie

jbbm
10-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Forgot you Noelle! Hi ;) :D!

jbbm
10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Fogive me :o :^: :) :lol:????

PhotogirlTX
10-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey all.. I am here... it's been a long day checking my payroll making sure it's OK.... I've been sitting here at work thinking of all the things I could be doing if I were at home! :D

Julie.. I read that article too.. he lost that 400 plus pounds in FOUR MONTHS... can you imagine? That is just unbelievable...

And Las Vegas sounds like it would be fun.. I was supposed to go there next week with my sweetie.. but since my ex can't keep the girls for that long right now during his treatments, I can't go. :( so he will go without me... (there is some sort of car thing there.. he is meeting up with another couple who race too).

Kempy... I always find it harder to control my eating at home than here at the office. I feel for ya. I miss staying at home... but I don't miss the ex-husband that came with that. :D And I am going to try for 10 miles today. Remember, I am single.. after the girls go to bed, which is 8 PM sharp, I can get on the treadmill with no interruptions. I would think having a partner at home would make it more difficult because they would want my attention, and I would be wanting to be spending time with them as well. So I have it a little bit easier than you. My day is REALLY structured. From the time I get up, get dressed, get the girls out the door, work, pick up the girls, make dinner (I have about an hour here that I can spend with them or watch TV with them) get them in the shower, books read, then it's their bedtime. Workout time. That is my day every single workday. Doesn't vary so, I find having a structured life makes it much more easier for me to get my exercise in.

And now that I have the treadmill, everytime I sit down at night.. I think to myself.. I need to get my lazy butt up and walk.. even if it's not jogging.. just walk... now if my scales would just walk themselves down the numbers, I would be happy!

OK.. almost time for me to get out of here.... Julie.. I'll be thinking of ya when Byron comes on tonight! :D

Talk soon!

PhotogirlTX
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Good Thursday Morning everyone! How are you doing? I had a good night. A little sore this morning, but that is good too!

It's going to be a busy day, so I just wanted to pop in and say HI to everyone!!!!

Julie... btw.. I'm glad that pyscho Jayne is gone! :D

(((hugs)))

Kempyd
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
So Cherie how far did you get last night? My intentions are always good when it comes to working out. I really cleaned the house yesterday so I counted that as some sort of movement. It really made me sweat.

I have to clean the deck today for the party. I really need to split some ferns but I don't know if I am up to that right now. I usually split my plants every 2 years and give lots away. I just gt taken over by some of them. I wouldn't mind so much if they were able to go into the ground but some of them the first cold snap and they are gone forever. I really love my plants so giving them away kills me everytime. I have to be realistic though.

What is everyone up to today? Cherie why is it going to be so busy? Joe is coming home tonight after being gone since Sunday. Can you believe he had to miss my big test. I was a little dissapointed that he wasn't there when I can out. I am going to make him take me to dinner tonight to celebrate.

angieME
10-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi guys! Well, Jay is sick now and I have Britt's cold. My throat is all tight. I can not wait until things go back to normal in my house. I am going on 3 weeks of not leaving the house and I am going stir crazy. We arent going to work until Monday so that jay can get to feel better. I am so sick of this ****. I need a break from it. My hands are so dry and cracked from cleaning everything.

Kempy, You havent heard if you passed your exam yet? You would think they would at least call you when they grade it to let you know you passed. Have fun at your party.

Cherie, I wished I could work out. My eating is basically junk because I dont want to cxook too much and I have no energy right now. I was looking forward to losing some weight before we go to Florida but now I will settle for not being sick. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
10-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Kempy..... I did 10 miles last night. I am planning on doing that again tonight. Tomorrow, I won't have time for exercise because I am going out with Alan... and then Saturday.... I am going to try to squeeze in 3 miles after I pick up the girls. As long as I am home on my scheduled routine, I can motivate myself to work out... but the next two days are going to be busy because I won't be home. Tonight I'll be walking while Survivor and CSI are on, and Without a Trace.. so good TV night for walking! :D

Today is busy because it's month end and I have to do all my journal entries on top of doing all my after pay period reports. Right now I am having a problem because I can't seem to download any of my information from my payroll processing company... and that isn't good. I need to figure out who can help me.. so that is what I am working on.

Angie.. you poor poor thing. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. When are you going to Florida? I am not doing great with my eating, but I don't think I am doing too badly either... today is going to be a really good day because I brought a spinach salad with grilled chicken. Hannah wanted some of my chicken this morning, so tonight, I am going to make chicken quesadillas and refried beans. Hopefully she will like that.

Kempy, Take lots of pictures at your party this weekend. I will try to get a few of the girls and post them next week. I love ferns.. if I were closer I would come grab a couple. My mom used to have about 10 HUGE ferns..she had them for years and years. I am not sure where they are now.. I think my step dad still has them.. but he cleared out alot of her plants after she died. I remember getting two of them after I got married, and managed to keep them alive for about a year.. then we moved to a place where I couldn't find any direct sunlight for them.. so they ended up dying. I am not sure if I don't have a green thumb or if I am just lazy.

OK.. back to work here....

Kempyd
10-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Angie my teacher called me and told me that I passed the practical. I am just waiting on the news about the written. They said I would hear from them in 10 days. I think I did ok though. I would have to miss 25 to fail and if I did miss some it is probably about 5-8. There were some questions about the old was of doing things that really threw me off.

Ok Cherie that is it. I am telling Joe that we need a treadmill. I can't beleve you can walk that long. What do you have the speed set on? I usually walk at 4.5. I have shin splints so I have to be careful how fast I walk. They get really tight and then I can't walk at all.

I have a serious green thumb. It started when I was really young. I usually buy the plants that are on sale b/c they don't look to healthy and b4 you know it they are huge. There are only a few types of plants that I don't do well with. Joe keeps telling me that I don't need any more plants. WHAT!!! You can never have to many. I want my house to look like it was set down into nature not the other way around. I think once our beds grow for a few more years it will start to look like that.

Angie do you guys take any sort of vitamins? Maybe you should all start to load up on some. I hate that you have been sick for so long. I can't beleive it has already been 3 weeks. I would go crazy too. Is this a slow time for you guys?

PhotogirlTX
10-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Kempy... I used to do the treadmill at 4.3 miles an hour (remember I am only 5 foot 2 inches so my legs are not as long as yours) or I would run at 5.3 to 5.5.... however, this time around, I have lowered the speed to anywhere from 3.7 to 4.0 at an incline of 5.5 to 6.0 to be able to walk that long. I am still getting my heartrate up to the max. fat burning level, but it's a little easier intensity and therefore I can walk longer, hopefully burning more calories. I've been told you burn more calories walking a mile than running a mile (because it takes longer to walk) so I am trying to make my walking sessions longer, instead of faster. Once I get back doing this on a consistant basis... I will start trying to train for a 5K or 10K, then I will be working on my speed. But that won't be for another 6 months or so. I want the weight off first, then I will start having fun with my hopefully running by then.

jbbm
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi girls

How is everyone today?

Angie sorry you are sick with a cold now. Your poor family, I hope it passes soon. You all take care.

Kempy congrats on passing the first part....I am sure you will pass the next, you worked so hard! I hope you can talk Joe into a treadmill.

Cherie, I am soooo glad Jane is off! I could not believe her mood swings. It was like really bad pms :lol:.

Noelle where are ya? Busy I bet. Don't work to hard girl.

Well I have a throbbing headache so I am going to go take some advil. Plus my dd is being a little stinker, I cannot get her trained and she is three years old! Going to work with her on that today, major! Hahaha.
check back later, Julie

melekalikimaka
10-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey girls, I'm here :wave:. I have been having a major headache with my computer here at work. It seems to have picked up another funky trojan or something. I've had to reboot 3 times and run Spybot several times along with the virus scan. I'm crossing my fingers right now that I won't lose this post when I hit submit :crossed:. I tried to post twice already, once yesterday and once this morning. The virus scan took well over an hour just to run through the files. Well, here goes...

melekalikimaka
10-28-2004, 05:08 PM
:cb: OK it worked. So let's see. I'm still getting these annoying pop-ups but I guess it's because I haven't renewed my subsciption @ 3FC to get rid of them.

Angie, get better girl, your vacation will be here in no time! Can you believe it'll be November next week? That's just nuts.

Kempy, yeah, what Julie said :high:

Cherie, you go girl :tread:, you are awesome! Don't overwork yourself though.

Julie, can you leave the little ones with your parents or a sitter so you can have a weekend in Vegas? So far Rick and I have gone for the past 3 or 4 years, only last year did we take Michael along which was fun but it wasn't exactly romantic :devil:

Speaking of Vegas, Rick is going tomorrow afternoon with his dad, stepmom, brother and GF from San Francisco, 2 of my other BIL's on my side of the family and get this! He paid for his loser brother to go along. I was pissed about that, which was part of the reason why we were arguing. He says the trip is an incentive for his brother to go into rehab when he gets back. Yeah right! I say. That's like rewarding your dog without it obeying first--it's EXACTLY like rewarding a dog, except I actually like dogs :s: ... but, I don't want to go off on this rant because I could go on for days and you guys don't want to hear it and I'm just wasting my breath (or wearing down my fingernails typing this cr@p out). Sorry!

Cal how did you deal with those impudent students of yours? Did you put them back into place?

Summer, how was Baltimore?

Well, gotta run for now and hope my computer's back to normal. I'll try and pop in later. hasta la vista.

calnative
10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Angie: I'm so sorry that you and your family are having such a hard time with viruses. Hopefully you all will be able to enjoy Florida in December. :crossed:

Cherie: I would love to get a treadmill. I will have to wait a little while first. Once we get all the cabinets in the garage like I want, they maybe I can get one; we've talked of making part of the garage into a small exercise room. Once everything gets organized it would work out and I'd still be able to park one of the cars in the garage. I'll look forward to seeing how your little ones look for Halloween. I'll bet they'll be soooo cute.

Julie: I hope the headache is better (read--gone!!). I had a terrible one today, but a little Mountain Dew and it was gone. I learned a long time ago that when I get severe tension (or migraine) headaches that drinking some Mountain Dew will get rid of them. If I don't have MD then I take Excedrin Migraine. I started getting those headaches after I had Ashley. I used to get them when I was younger and the doctor said the change of hormones during the pregnancy actually brought them back. Boy, am I lucky!! :p

Kempy: That's great that you have a green thumb. My thumb is as brown as can be. I tell people that if I even act like I'm going to buy a plant it will start to die right then and there. :lol: I wish I could grow plants; I would love to add some plants and flowers to my backyard. I'd probably kill a cactus if I planted one back there. :lol: I still hope to be able to go to Calif in December. I'm not sure because my sister will be coming here.

Noelle: I decided to just lecture the kiddos. I found out that the substitute was a great deal of the problem. He just sat there and let them do whatever they wanted. I learned that from one of the teachers I work with and the principal. Of course, I told the kids that they did have work to do and they knew what to do. I also told them that they should not have to be babysat to be sure they do what they are supposed to do. I told them that what happened, happened and there's nothing anyone can do to change that, so we go on and learn from it. Of course, I also told them that if it ever happened again I'd become their worst nightmare. :devil: :lol: Their imagination alone will keep that threat alive and well.

Summer: Drop in and say hello when you get a chance.

Have a great evening and a wonderful Friday everyone. Hello to anyone I may have missed.

Cal

PhotogirlTX
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies... and TGIF!! I am taking a half day off of work today, so this will probably be my only post.

Cal... the treadmill was the best thing I could have ever gotten. With me not having time to leave to go to the gym or to the fitness room.... this allows me to get in all my exercise, without feeling like I am not seeing my girls.. or making them stay too long in daycare.

Noelle, I'm sorry to hear about the hubby problems with his brother. Maybe he will go to rehab. We can only hope. I hope you got your computer cleaned! I think there is something wrong with my laptop at home, so I need to do all that stuff you just did... Maybe later this weekend I will get around to doing that.

Julie, I hope you are feeling better today. I can relate about the 3 yr old. I think Megan was a few months shy of being 4 when I finally got her fully trained. It's such a hard thing to do.... Good Luck.

Kempy.. I wonder if painting my thumbs green would work. ;) Have fun at your party this weekend!

Angie.. how are the troops there at home? Is everyone starting to get better???

OK.. back to work here.... Hi Holly and Summer! Everyone have a great weekend.... I'll try to check in later!

jbbm
10-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Did I scare anyone, I bet if you saw me without my hair fixed and no makeup on right on now, I would scare everyone for sure :lol:! Julie

jbbm
10-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Good Morning to ya all girls!

Cherie I will miss you this weekend, but I know its a busy one with Halloween and all. I have to deliver mom's b-day presents tomorrow, and then come home and carve pumpkins which I love to do, I love just sticking my hands inside and pulling out the seeds and baking them! Yum. And then Sunday the kids each have two costumes to pick from ds, a ninja turtle or a football player and dd a pumpkin or a lady bug?? Watch them want to wear both :lol:. Have fun with your girls. Hugs, Cherie!

Thats Cal for the Mountain Dew info, I will try next time!

Angie are you giving out candy? Maybe you should stay in bed and get better hon!

Noelle still talking to him about Vegas....I just think he does not want to go because he is so worried about bills, the heating bills are suppose to be through the roof this year, yuck. I don't think I will even mention it to him anymore ;). Money always is an issue isn't it? I wish I would win the lottery :D! Everybody does! I hope little Michael has a great time this Sunday. What is he going to be?

Kempy have a blast at your party....I so wish I was coming. We never get invited anywhere :lol:. I remeber your pics last year as the hairdresser, I hope the priate ones work out great this year. Have fun and hope you get to check in this weekend.

Summer any parties planned for you this weekend? You deserve one girl with all the work you have been doing.

Hi everyone else. Julie

Kempyd
10-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, I have been doing nothing all day today. I am PMSy so I don't have any energy. I wanted to put out the decorations but it is so hot I think they might melt. It is supposed to cool off but not until Tuesday. The mosquitos know it is still hot too. They are everywhere. Thanksfully we will have a few big fans for the party. They can't fly in the wind.

Noelle I can't even get my computer to reinstall XP. I think it is so stupid that there are people out there with nothing better to do than create viruses for the puter. They need to come over here and I will give them plenty to do. I just have an image of those slimballs sitting in their cramped apartments with no AC typing away. YUCK! I hope that things workout with the BIL.

Julie maybe you can call the area tourist commision and see if there are any sorts of B&B's around or some place that just the two of you could go. It would be cheaper than Vegas but you could still get that time alone together.

Cherie I noticed that your ticker moved again. Way to go girl!

Cal that is the only plant that I am not good at, cactus. You would think they would be easy. I think I pay too much attention to them. I can't help it though.

Angie what are you doing today? Come out and chat if you can.

PhotogirlTX
11-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Good Morning! Happy November... I hope you all are doing good. I had a good and busy weekend. Hannah's birthday party was yesterday. The girls looked really cute, but I didn't take any pictures. I should have, but I was just so busy. It was cold and rainy, so all I wanted to do was get them ready, get them to the party, then come home and veg. Which I did.... I did manage to get a few miles on the treadmill, so it was a very good day.

Anyway.. I need to get back to work.. it's going to be another busy day, especially since I took off half a day on Friday!

Talk to you all later!!!

jbbm
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Happy November to everyone!

Cherie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb:! I hope today is not to crazy for you.

Kempy how was the party?

Angie is everyone feeling better?

Noelle how was Rick's trip to Vegas? I hope everything gets worked out with BIL. I bet Michael had a great time yesterday. My kids sure did. What did he go as again?

Cal how was Ashley's Halloween? I hope she had a great time.

Well girls since Friday, I have been totally off eating wise. We went out to a restaurant with my dad and some cousins on Friday. Saturday it was steak mushrooms, and onions and twiced baked potatoes. And I won't even say how many candy bars I ate yesterday :^:. So this week I want to make a fresh start. Just eat healthy this week! And send all of the candy to work with hus. Well lunchtime....check back later.

jbbm
11-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh btw....Angie there is a brand new trading spouses on tonight, I get a kick out of that one.
Hello to you Summer! I hope you had a fun Halloween. Did you party or dress up?
Gotta run, Julie

PhotogirlTX
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
I just finished lunch... a couple of ounces of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, with a spinach salad, smoked sausage links by healthy choice and a red wine vinaigrette. YUM. I am not sure what is for dinner yet, but I think I am going to try REALLY hard to make November a really clean eating month... at least until Thanksgiving. I am not sure what I will be doing for that holiday. Since I've been divorced, I've not had the big holiday meals at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.... so we will see what the plan is.

Julie.. thanks! Hannah's birthday is actually Thursday. I can't believe my little baby is going to be 7 years old! It's just not possible! :D I am taking that day off and taking cookies to her school with juice. I also have teacher/parent conferences that day as well. Hopefully it won't be too bad. :-) Even now, teacher's scare me!

Kempy how did your party go? I can't wait to hear about it! And I need to readjust my ticker Kemp.... as of this morning, I have lost 7 pounds since 9/20. So, I am very excited. Its a shame that I lose weight only to gain the same pounds back, and have to lose it again. And each time its "I NEVER WANT TO SEE SO AND SO NUMBER ON THE SCALE AGAIN", but yet.. I always do. I need to figure out a different mind set this time to continue to lose weight, but then to continue to keep it off. I've been reading up on the maintance forum.. and it looks like it's just as hard there as it is here trying to lose it. Sigh....

So how was everyone's weekend? I had a good relaxing one... watched three movies... Love Actually, Oklahoma!, and Singing in the Rain. My friend Alan had not seen any of those.. (he saw Oklahoma! a long time ago) so we just vegged and stayed in. I did manage to get him out on Saturday and take a 30 minute walk with me around his neighborhood. I don't think I burned any calories, but it was nice just to get up and out for a little while.

I missed trick or treating for the girls. :-( I thought it was Sunday... but it was Saturday and they were at their dad's. However, I don't think they are too upset.. they had the great party at Chuck E Cheeses yesterday, and both got presents and both got to dress up in their costumes.. so I think they are OK with it. I am glad, I don't have all that candy in my house tempting me. I do have two bags of sweet tarts that I forgot to take to their daycare last week, so they can share those for the next year! :-) Thankfully it's not chocolate.. so it won't tempt me.

Where is everyone???? I hope your Monday is going great! Talk to you all soon!

melekalikimaka
11-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I started a new thread for November... check it out! Weighty Issues #21