Support Groups - Rears in Gear for the not so New Year - October

RavenToy
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
A very quick post this morning, just to get the new month going!

I found the instructions to install the belt. They'd rolled them up in the belt! How weird. ANYway... chickies, this isn't going to be easy! I have to nearly dismantle the treadmill to do this. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't destroy it! :lol:

Did horse training last night, had a good time. Found a tremendous bargain last night in the form of a slightly used Wintec Isabell dressage saddle for my daughter. I mean a HUGE bargain. I got this $800+ (new) saddle for $300, and all it needed was a good scrubbing. I cannot tell you how unbelievable thrilled I was to be able to give Valeska that saddle! Now all we need to do is get at least ONE horse sound enough to wear it!! *argh*

I'm looking at making this month count. I am going to work on getting the treadmill running this weekend, and starting up with my running again. Well, ok, walking at first yeah. *icky face* Funny thing is I'm not even so totally obsessed with scale weight as I am with just getting back into the shape I was 3 months ago. I haven't gained much in the way of "weight" but I've lost muscle and gained fat. I'm looking fluffier. Blech.

We have three months left in this year. Where did the time go!?!?!

Chachee
10-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Good morning, ladies.

Goals for this month:

1. Remember to take my vitamins each and every day. I'm horrible about this!
2. Follow my WW Flex plan for eating and not go over on points.
3. Exercise 6 times a week, according to my workout schedule.
4. Drop 10 pounds by month's end.

I weighed at home this morning and was at 220.5. I'm up a couple of pounds, but that is to be expected with the crap I've eaten the last three weeks.

Raven: I'm so happy for you and that saddle. What a wonderful find! See, I'm rubbing off on you--bargain shopping and finding great deals.

Red: I'm sorry things are not going well for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jolly: I have a great feeling about this month!

To everyone else, welcome to October, our best month ever!

Chach

happy2bme
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Morning chickies -
Linda, that was a great post you had to end the thread. So true about settling in - cripes I do it and I'm not even anywhere NEAR goal. Good words to reinforce good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

It was an incredibly busy week - Thursday was the day the office closed officially so it was a sad week of final lunches and good byes to people I've come to know and like (most of them) for 4 years now. Hard to believe that the finality of it is here. Still haven't heard about the new job but I am getting lots of practice at being patient ;)

Weekends in October are filling up too. I'm going to Texas (yee haw) next weekend for one last get together with the group of people on my team at work. We're all paying our own way and I think it's great that most all of us are coming. I'm sure lots of drinking will be done. I don't really drink anymore but I think it's going to be a mega tempation to smoke weekend even tho no one smokes if that makes any sense at all! Kinda one of those let your hair down and hang loose weekends that just fits with a beer and a smoke! I will be good, I promise.

Raven I hope you figured out how to get the belt on your treadmill. It did not look like it was an easy thing to do but I get the feeling you know your way around a wrench! Nice find on the saddle too!

Jolly - that's fantastic that you are doing racketball now too. And that you even won a game. You sure are trying your hand at lots of different exercises - good for you, what an inspiration.

Chachee, I agree with you with October being our best month ever. I can just feel it! It's been a slump for many of us here and sometimes the best thing about a slump is that all you can do is go back up again! Here's to up, up and away - great, now I'll be singing that song all day :dizzy:

Last week I was in the mood for some cool weather foods so I made a pot of chili, a pot roast and some beef vegetable soup. All I really liked was the soup - everything else was just off for some reason. DH said it was good so he ate it. Maybe I'm just used to the grilled meat/fish, steamed veggie, salad and sliced fresh fruit thing. Although I am looking for hot foods when it's 60 degrees in the house. Back to the soup cookbook I guess.

With supreme effort, the scale is going down again. Down 1-1/2 pounds from last week. But it does take supreme effort. Getting a little cold and windy after work for bike riding - and with sunset at 6:30 that limits our time too so I think I'll be treadmilling a whole lot more.

Got to run now, we're meeting my sister for dinner later today - it's her and BIL's birthdays. And there's laundry and some dusty surfaces calling out to me :lol:

:grouphug: to Red, sorry to hear things have taken a nosedive I presume on the job front - don't lose faith completely!

Hellos to everyone else. Here's to a great week for all!

luckycharm
10-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone

I can't believe that we are into October already.

Well I think that we found an acreage finally. There is one more for us to look at, and then we will decide. Hopefully sometime this week we will be in the process of buying one. I have to take Kristi up to the city on Wednesday, as she is getting an MRI on her knees to see why she has been having such trouble with them. We got a great picture of her and Lucky at one of her horse shows, so I will try and post it later today. We have one last horse show of the season coming up at the end of the month. She is looking foreward to that. I am also going to enter Cole in this show also. He loves riding Lucky so there is a leadline under 9 that I will enter him in.

Raven I think that I missed something. What is wrong with Eve and your wonderful horse? I know that Shadow was having some problems, but I didn't know about the other 2. How is everything working out at the new place? Did you get your treadmill fixed? When is Richard's mother coming down?

Jolly how is your weekend going? I hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend even though you are on call. The new puppy that we got is a Jack Russell Terrier/Pomeranian. She is so funny. And she makes strange to new people. I really didn't know that puppies where shy.

Chachee are you back to doing the flex plan, or are you doing the core plan? I was doing a little birthday shopping the other day and I could see you standing there looking at me sticking out your tongue because you are already done your Christmas shopping and I have been thinking of what I should get everyone.
When is your little guys birthday?

Tracy great to see you back. We have missed you. So how is everything? Is your son over his sickness? I hope the rest of your family doesn't get it now.

Red big hugs your way. I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Linda I enjoyed your force be with you post. Now if only my force would find me I would be doing better. Hope that you are having a good weekend.

Happy hope you are doing ok. Hi to you.

Hippy how are you doing? Pop in and say hi.

Sassy hi to you also. Pop in.

well we are off to the city to go and see my brother in laws new place. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy.

Chachee
10-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone. Appears to be a little bit of a ghost town here. Gotta love those weekends.

Hubby left yesterday for Nashville. My son and I are on a very good schedule and we get so much done while he is gone. Not that I want him to go, but it's nice to just take care of myself and my son.

I got five blankets and seven pillows cut and pinned last night. Now I just gotta stitch them up, and then I have five more gift sets for birthdays and Christmas.

Happy: First, congrats on your loss on the scales. Second, I'm sorry that your business has closed down. So sad when something finally ends. I hope that one of your job offers comes through for you. How does hubby feel about moving?

Lucky: I didn't know something was wrong with your daughter's knee. I hope everything is okay. I had knee surgery in 2000 and it was very painful. Had a torn miniscus (sp?) and they did it by laster. Day surgery, but man, it was extremely painful and hard to recover from. My thoughts are with you all!

Not much else going on here, yet. I have dentist appointments tomorrow, post-op checkup with surgeon on Thursday, and then hubby is home on Friday. Wow, did I mess up scheduling or what?

Happy Monday

Chach

TallTracy88
10-04-2004, 05:02 PM
hey all..have had trouble loggin into the forum. Plus did not get any notices that anyone had posted...sigh...Lucky and HAppy so great to see you too. Chachee how is the hubby? Raven the animals. Jolly the motivation and LInda..everything?? I hope the MRI goes well am thinking of you.

All for now just exercising twice a day and working on my yard...

Chachee
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Hello ladies.

Hubby called last night from Nashville. Told me about all the fun he was having. I told him if he wanted a home to come back to he better be quiet! I've not been out of this state for over a year and it's getting to me.

Have my 2 month post-op checkup with the surgeon today. Everything is going well, just one little area of concern, and I am sure he can give some suggestions as to what types of weights exercises I can do to get the skin to snap back. Nothing horrible, just a little annoying.

Not much else is going on. Sewed up one of the blankets last night. Think I'll do the pillows tonight and another blanket. Just wanted to get the laundry and dishes done last night.

Happy Tuesday

Chach

happy2bme
10-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Wow Chachee - it's been 2 months already since surgery? :yikes: time DOES fly, doesn't it? Good to hear that you're healing well. Sorry hubby in having maybe a bit much fun in Nashville - has to be warmer there than up by you. It's hard too when your son is in school - means you can't join the DH for occasional get away weekends to fun places. Hang in there!

Tracy, sometimes I get notices and sometimes I don't when people post. I just got used to flying by here and checking periodically. Although it does seem we are all in a bit of a slump around here lately. You are a maniac in the yard - what great exercise and twice a day to boot! Supah woman, queen of the leaves! :queen:

Raven, hope you figured out how to get that new treadmill belt on without too many bumps bruises and :censored: :rollpin:

Jolly, hope you're not lying at the bottom of the racketball court.

Lucky, good to hear from you again. Hope all goes well with your daughter's knee. Of all the troublesome body parts that and the back seem to rank rather highly. And she's so young too. Eeek.

Red, thinking of you and sending some good karma that life rights itself for you.

I am still sitting and waiting to see which direction my life will go. I am not a patient person but I am trying very hard.

Cheers all... and keep the faith.

jollygirl
10-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey all. No, not unconscious at the bottom of the racquetball court. Though, I play tonight, so later - who knows? I have just been in a bit of a fog. I know it is that I need to think about the future - both job-wise and self-wise. I have been refusing to do that, and it is affecting me. Why? What am I afraid of? Why am I hiding behind food again? I need an "aha" moment. I need to peel back some more layers and figure out what is behind all this. I am very unhappy right now, and there is no specific reason why. Just feeling not right.

The one bright spot is that by reallocating some debts, I was able to come up with airfare to go see my friend next month. She is shipping out to Iraq early December, so it was very important to me to get to see her. I hate driving. I would have done it if I had no other choice, but I would have hated it.

Anyway. I will try to get on here more, and figure out what isbehind my funk. Hope everyone else has a good day.

RavenToy
10-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey all..

Ian arrived unexpectedly Monday afternoon, so I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. He wasn't supposed to be here till late this week, but his dad changed his mind about going to Louisiana and came straight on in to GA instead. A little warning would have been nice. :rolleyes:

Oh, and never mind the fact that the ex arrived with a girlfriend. He had sworn Ian to secrecy, so the whole trip, Ian couldn't say anything to V or I about it. *sigh* So much for the "dad and son only male bonding" trip... it turned into (and I kid you not) a "kick Ian out of the camper so dad can have some private time with his girlfriend" trip. :mad: I realize that may not have happened often, but it did happen, and that makes me angry. Great way to start off his new life in GA with his kids, huh?

He's already managed to piss both of the kids off completely by coming on with the "I am the father, you will do what I say" routine. Dip.

I had a really sick horse for a couple days - Eve came down with a lovely horribly snotty cold. The barn owner was losing her mind thinking she had something far worse and I had to get antibiotics into her and panic panic panic. She must have called me 7 times in the space of about 12 hours. Because my horse had a snotty nose. :rolleyes: Obviously she's never had kids. I put a call into my idiot vet, and of course he never called back, and by the next day she was doing MUCH better all by herself anyway. Last night she was almost back to normal, but we won't work her at all for a couple weeks just to make sure she's had plenty of time to recover. I do think, though, that by then (barring any other unforeseen disasters) she should be rideable.

Upshot of all of this is I haven't even had time to THINK about putting the belt on the treadmill. Ok... I did read the instructions and heck I needed a stiff drink after just that! Yes, it's intimidating. Valeska is going to see if Brian (her dad) will do it for us. He's inclined like that.

Lucky - Land!? You found land!!??? Woo!! Keep us posted, please?? I hope it's nothing serious with Kristi. Is it one or both knees? Let us know how the MRI goes. Richard's mom has come and gone... all without me seeing her once. ;) That's not a bad thing. My horse ended up straining something the day that the old barn owner decided that he could turn out any horses he pleased with my three, and walk away after a few minutes if they didn't kill each other. Arashi was so focused on "protecting" his food and his mares, poor guy... he couldn't even eat. He either got kicked or wrenched that leg somehow, either by running too hard, stepping in a hole, or aiming a bad kick, it's so hard to know what happened. He's getting better very slowly. I just have to be very patient and not push him. It may be months before I can ride him again. No heat, no swelling... just something in there not as it should be. Eve is just growing out those horrid hooves. Time.. lots of time.

Chachee - You sound a little frustrated, girl. *hug* Do you have the new workout equipment set up yet? How's it going?

Tracy - I wish I had more time to work on my yard, that's something I do miss. Heck, I'm doing good if I can keep the dishes washed.

Happy - I'm thinking of you a lot, and hoping something happens to help you along your way. Staying positive can be tough sometimes, but it seems like you're doing a good job.

Work is kicking my tail, so off I go!

Chachee
10-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey all.

Post op went okay. Things look good, except for under the right armpit. He said he wants to see me back in two months for another checkup. If it doesn't pull back in, then we might have to do another day surgery for lypo and/or skin removal. We'll see what happens, but I am going to try so hard to get that skin to come back in on it's own. It's not horrible, but it's not something I'm willing to live with.

Did a couple of pillows last night. Have plans for tonight to visit with a friend at her new house, so son and I will be gone for awhile. I wish I could just go stay at home, but that isn't going to happen.

Raven: I'm glad Ian is home, and sorry things are already starting with Brian. Hope the horsies stay healthy. Universal gym comes next weekend. Did my Taebo tape this morning instead of walking on the treadmill. Love that Billy Blanks!

Happy: Man, it's hard for me to type with my fingers crossed for you! I know the right offer will be made for you soon.

Jolly: I'm so happy you are going to Nashville to see your friend. I know how much it means to you to be able to go and I'm so happy for you!!! All that other stuff will work it's way out.

Back to work for me.

Happy Wednesday.

Chach

happy2bme
10-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Hey ladies,

Jolly, I know finances are really tight with you but I'm so glad you were able to swing a trip to visit your friend. I think it will do you both good. I know the place you've been at with the head funk-a-rama. Especially when you can't exactly pin a reason on your discontent. Hope you kick the blues soon.

Chachee, I don't mean to laugh but how do you tighten up your armpits? :lol: It reminds me of how we all complain about back fat. Seriously, I'm glad that surgery went well for you and I hope your arm works itself out. How very cool that you are getting a universal gym. You're really getting a nice rounding of equipment there and by gosh woman, you are actually using it! I am so proud of you! Please keep being an inspiration to me.

Raven, geez Louise I am so sorry to hear about your ex bringing along yet a new GF. Somehow I get the impression that just when you think he's getting his act together, he just somehow disapoints. Sorry... I think I'd be a little po'd over telling Ian to take a walk. Practice restraint buddy. Wait, I could do a whole hour on the soapbox so I will stop. Good heavens the poor horsies are sure having a rough year aren't they? I am learning more about horses than I ever knew. Didn't realize they got runny colds just like us. Poor guys and they probably don't like lemon tea with honey either.

Lucky - that's great about the land deal, hope everthing works out for you. Same for you Red, thinking about you and sending you some good thoughts...

As for me. I have a cold. My first in over a year and a half. This does not make me happy as I have to fly to Texas on Friday morning. A bunch of us from our work team are paying our own ways to gather together one last time for a weekend of eating, drinking, laughing and story telling. I will be back Sunday afternoon but I have a flight at the crack of dawn Friday so I'll be getting up at 3am to get ready to leave. I just hope my stuffy head clears by then.

I was also offered a job today. :dance: It's with the new company which will mean a move down south to Tennessee - specifically Memphis. This northern "yank" will have to learn how to be a southern belle. We have little details to discuss and I am awaiting some information to review but I told them I'd decide by Monday and most likely I will take the job. DH is very happy, my mum is not and everyone else is somewhere in between. Happy for us but not happy that we will move.

It certainly with be a total life upheaval for us. I am scared but also excited and I think the time is right to at least take a risk and try. We haven't decided on a start date at the new office - new boss is trying to compromise that the sooner the better to start but she also understands that I have lots to do to get my house ready to sell and move myself to a completely new area. I'm sure that will happen before the end of the year, I'm thinking maybe 6 weeks or so.

Which means lots and lots and lots to do. I doubt I will be spending much time on the computer tho I will make an effort to pop in once in a while. This will be my last post until I get back on Sunday afternoon.

Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes and karma and support that you have shown me over the last few weeks. DH said he was SOOOOOO glad this was over with. In all our years together he said he has never seen me so wound up over a job thing. Well that's because it gets harder as the years go by. I am not quite the cocky 30 year old I once was and it's really scary when you feel that you are not exactly in control of your own life anymore no matter how hard you work.

Anyway, I have to run and get to bed. Thanks again ladies. Talk to you on Sunday evening - have a good weekend.

jollygirl
10-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey all. Quick post before off to work. Happy, huge hug and congrats to you on the new job. Wow - Memphis. Warmer for sure. I am very happy for you. Chachee, glad things went well at the doctors. Good luck with your arms. Raven, good luck with the treadmill belt. I am so sorry your ex continues to show is immaturity. The poor kids. I am glad Eve is better too. Lucky, congrats on the land, and good luck with your daughter's knee.

I am off to work. Catch you all later.

RavenToy
10-07-2004, 10:09 AM
G'morning chicks..

Chachee - I can understand not wanting to live with it, you paid good money to have things come out just right, not just so so. I hope the exercise brings it back in, but if it doesn't, having it tucked just right would be a good thing. Are you ok? You sound really frustrated right now. If you're cranky about being stuck in AK, best to plan a vacation for this winter sometime if you can, or you'll have cabin fever by January SOO bad. Maybe getting the new gym set up and using it will help with some of those feelings?

Happy - YES!!! Woo!! Congrats!!! OMG I know what a wonderful relieved feeling that is to hear those magic words of a job offer! :five: Good for you!! And heeeyyyyyyyy, Memphis. :devil: Definitely within driving distance. :cb: Awww, but you have a cold. I'll feed you bran mashes and keep you out of the wind. ;) If you're flying, make sure you do the decongestants why am I telling you that you know already. *breathe* I'm a mom, I can't help myself. Yes, I do get that feeling a lot with Brian. Just when you think he's doing something right.... ah well. Hope springs eternal. I hope things go very smoothly on the house selling, moving, etc. Wow. That's awesome. My daughter and I have been tossing around buying land up in Tennessee whenever the finances are there, land is a lot cheaper than it is here in GA.

Jolly - *pokes you on your flyby* :D

Well - Brian took the kids last night - they went out to the stables to see the horses, then went to eat dinner. Other than getting lost for a few hours, I guess the majority of the time went well. I did have a talk with him about backing off and just getting to know the kids again for a while, maybe some of that sunk in. He didnt' bring the GF, that was a smart move on his part. Maybe he learned from the last time that he can't just expect the kids to want to spend time with her, ****, he can't even expect them to like her, let alone want to be with her... it's HIS GF after all, not theirs. ;)

That was literally the first night in what... 5 years? That I haven't had either kid in the house. It was a *weird* feeling. One or the other may have been gone at some points in time, but never both at the same time. It was nice, but in a vaguely creepy kind of way. Richard and I just spent time hanging out watching Tivo'd CSI shows. *lol* We're boring.

Chachee
10-07-2004, 01:27 PM
We got our pictures back electronically. Let me know if anyone wants to see them, and I'll PM you with the access codes and website.

Chach

jollygirl
10-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey all. I'm in early after doing drop in visits at some of my programs. Hurrah Hurrah. Well, hopefully if things stay quiet, I can leave at noon. Go ride, workout, and go out tonight. Of course, after being up at 2:30am, how late am I going to want to party.

Chachee, what are the pictures from? I would love to see them. Raven, buying land, huh? Pretty soon own business, own farm - you rock.

Well, off to do more paperwork. Have a great day all and talk to you later.

redballoon
10-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi there, everyone. The computer booted up. (It rarely does anymore) I just wanted to say hi, I'm alive and I miss coming here to chat. But with the computer down I really can't get any access. When I'm at work these days I can't get on the computer to check in here.

Well, couldn't read any of the posts. Really sorry. Things have been hellish and I've been having problems with both my legs being numb all the time, legs to the soles of my feet. I've been sitting so much working, exercise (and I did a lot!) became nonexistent. Some people tell me it could be a pinched nerve in the pelvis? No insurance and no time to get to a doctor for an xray. Today it actually seems better. I've been forcing myself to try to walk at least, force myself to take a break from work even if that means spending more time at the office or wherever. I tend to sit and sit and want to just plow through it.

Well, we'll see. That on top of the usual **** of work has really been majorily stressful. I was wondering what was going to give. So the legs did and this is something new.

Gotta go. Take care all!
:wave:

derrydaughter
10-08-2004, 07:57 AM
HI guys, duh! I forgot that eveyone here starts a new thread and kind of missed you all a bit....
Had a discouraging week, for me. I am struggling. I wonder how one week can be so different from the next? Have not been feeling well, motivation suffers, etc.
We're going away for the weekend as well, I think it's depressing me when I should be looking foward to it as I know I won't be able to resist the food temptations.
I feel more like an alcoholic than a weigh watcher..... always in danger of going "off the wagon".
Linda

luckycharm
10-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Goodmorning

My-keyboard-is-still-not-working-so-this-is-the-way-I-have-to-type-for-now.

We-are-having-problems-with-our-acreage-deal.--Problems-with-the-septic-system.-We-will-have-to-see-what-happens.

Just-popped-in-to-say-hi.

I'll-pop-in-later.

Chachee
10-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Howdy all.

Happy: Big congrats on your job! I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful and exciting new adventure for you and your family!

Lucky: Keep us posted on the land issues. I know how trying that can be!

Linda: I can't even think about "week to week". I'm still trying to live day to day with my eating issues. They will all come into place one of these years, I am hoping! Gains happen, though, and the way you deal with them is what makes or breaks you. Hang in there.

Red: I'll keep you in my prayers for your health--both mental and physical. Seems like you have just been hit hard the last couple of months.

Raven: Spending time with Richard relaxing and not needing to do anything sounds like something you haven't had the chance to do in many years. Enjoy not being a mom 24/7 and take some alone time. You definitely deserve it!

Jolly: Hope you can get out of work early and get some more raquetball games in. I'm hoping your weekend is good.

Well, hubby gets back tonight. I'm taking a girls day on Sunday to go to the fabric store, Walmart, out to lunch and then to get my nails done and a pedicure. It's all about MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!! (I'm sure I'll feel guilty when it's all done, but that is just me also!)

Happy weekend if I don't get a chance to talk to you all before Monday!

Chach

derrydaughter
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi guys!
Chach, sounds like you are in for a fun weekend and I find myself wondering if you will be just as challenged as I!
Lucky, hope the land thing works out.
Have had a good day so far.... made 5 can soup to go with my lunch, one cup is one point! Have you all heard of it before? My ww leader posted it at our meeting this week.
Linda

luckycharm
10-10-2004, 11:25 AM
HAPPY_BIRTHDAY_To_YoU
HAPPY_BIRTHDAY_TO_YOU
HAPPY_BIRTHDAY_MY_DEAR_FRIEND_MARIAN
HHHAAAAPPPPYYYYY_BIRTHDAY_TO_YYYYOOOOUUUUUUU

:grouphug:

:balloons:

Kathy

RavenToy
10-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Awwwww Kathy thank you!! :D Underscores and all! I have had next to NO computer time lately, and it doesn't look like it's going to get a whole lot better anytime soon. I'm trying to get used to having Ian back and the ex in town, plus I have a weekend out of town coming up to go to a horse training symposium. I hope everyone is doing well!!

derrydaughter
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Goodness, I am surprised at how little to read here. Hope everyone is doing ok.
As predicted, I blew it last night, but what are weekends away for anyway? : )
I had two glasses of wine, dessert, stuffed mushrooms, cheese and crackers.... all the extras. I used up all my flex points and am starting over today... but will be extra special "good" between now and weigh in on Tuesday morning.
I worked out in my MIL's pool for 40 minutes this morning, even doing 200 jumping jacks under water (more resistance!)!
If I even break even on Tuesday, I'll be thrilled!
Linda

happy2bme
10-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

Happy Birthday RAVEN!!! :hb: :hb: :hb: :gift: :gift: :gift: :hat: :hat: :hat: Hope you had a great birthday and a lovely day.

Linda, at least you made an effort to burn off some of the extra weekend calories with some exercise - that's a good thing. The weekend slides can be extra dangerous, can't they. Just keep up your resolve through the rest of the week.

Chachee, did you thoroughly enjoy your memememememememe weekend? Oooh that sounds like so much fun and by gosh, we deserve it once in a while, don't we?

Lucky, hope the septic and computer problems get fixed soon.

Red, numbness is never a good sign - you need to get that looked at. It's kind of sad how many of us can't look after our health because of poor or no medical coverage. It really stinks.

Jolly when will you be taking off to visit your buddy?

I am back from my weekend trip. Was nice to see everyone one last time. My cold is lingering, I've been taking all sorts of over the counter stuff, still coughing and congested but I'm sure I'm doing much better than I would have if I was still smoking so thank goodness for that. I just need it to be over with as there is sooooooo much to get done now that we have made our decision to move. Of course my husband and I are at opposite ends when it comes to what to do and in what order. I'm sure there will be some tense moments ahead for us. :bomb: I'm still kind of mopey from the cold but I've got to put the peddle to the metal and get rolling if we're going to move. Time to get very "list" and task oriented again.

Hope you all have a good week- seems we are quite the busy flock of chickies right now.

redballoon
10-11-2004, 06:24 AM
Raven,

What?!? Your birthday is it??!!
My computer just booted up. It must have been for you!!!

Happy Birthday! May you have a great one and MANY more to come!!

jollygirl
10-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Hello all. Happy Belated Birthday, RAven. Ok. so how do you know when it is people's birthays? I feel like I am always a day late and a dollar short.

Red, good to hear from you. Get that numbness checked out soon. As Happy said, it is never a good sign. Unless you are at the dentist or giving birth.

Happy, glad you had a good weekend. When is your move taking place?

Derry, glad to hear from you too.

I head to Nashville on NOvember 10th. I can't wait.

Talk to you all later.

Chachee
10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Guess I am the late one in birthday wishes, but they are heartfelt nonetheless. Happy Birthday, Marian!!

:hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hat: :hat: :gift: :hat: :hat: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb:

My weekend was okay. I hit a really good sale at Joann's Fabrics and bought up an entire cart full of clearance fabric. It was an additional 50% off the clearance, prices, so I ended up getting some of the fabric for .50$ a yard.

We went to see Shark Tales this weekend. It was pretty cute. My son enjoyed it, but I think he enjoyed his popcorn a little more.

Food has not been the greatest, so I will work on that this week.

Go in tomorrow night for our Christmas pictures and pick up the doggie pics. I'm so excited.

Remember how I said work was not going well? I have applied for two new jobs. I'm not sure if I am totally qualified, but as things progress, I'll keep you all posted. Exciting time.

Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Chach

derrydaughter
10-12-2004, 06:47 AM
Good morning ladies! Weigh in day for me, the day of reckoning! (sp?) Happy Birthday to Raven! Happy, hope you are feeling better. I hate colds! Red, so glad to see you back here, hope you get that computer fixed soon! Must be very aggrivating!
Chach, I'm the "immature" one in my family where movies are concerned and am the only one who wants to see Shark Tales so far! Can't get them to go with me!
The sale at JoAnn's sounds great!
Linda

happy2bme
10-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Chachee, good luck on the new jobs. :crossed: I know what you mean about not feeling you're totally qualified. I've got a bit of nervousness myself with the new job - it's all new stuff to me and that shakes the confidence. However, many times in my career I've stepped out of the comfort zone, tried something new and tho I may not have been a zen master at it, I did well. Hope something better comes through for you.

The scale was down a little bit yesterday (2 pounds) which is encouraging. I will have no real time to devote to the diet and exercise. Unless you count exercise as cleaning out the whole house. As for food, I'm trying to empty the cabinets so you can imagine what kinds of meals we'll be eating. :rolleyes:

I have the next 2 weeks to myself, then I go to training for a week and I'm sure they will want me in Memphis very soon afterwards. At least that's what I'm preparing for. There is just SO much to do, I am trying not to feel overwhelmed. Hope the rest of you have a calmer week.

derrydaughter
10-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Happy, I'm thinking of you during this time. Just try to relax, even if you don't work out - do stretching! Packing and moving are enough exercise, believe me! But, if you end up surviving on take out food and things like that, it's going to be hard. But, always remember to order healthy and don't give up!
I am really pleased with my weigh in! I lost 1.6 pounds, a really good loss considering that I went away over the weekend! I think switching back from core to flexpoints helped me considerably!
So glad that I had a loss and that I can see my goal just a tiny bit closer!
Linda

Chachee
10-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Everyone!

Well, the new jobs close tomorrow, so I am hoping to hear something by mid-week next week to see if I get an interview. If it's meant to be.....

Linda: Great job on the loss. See, now you are getting back in the right direction. I'm getting there also.

Happy: Have fun packing! Maybe next year when we go back East we can meet up with you, Jolly and Raven--and whoever is close. That would be fun. I'm so happy and excited for you and your new adventure!

HELLO SASSY!!

Well, time to work!

Happy Wednesday!

Chach

RavenToy
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Heelllooooo chicklets.

I'm so out of it.

You ever feel like you're just kind of wandering around bumping off the walls?

Mm. Saddle got shipped to the wrong person. They're trying to get ahold of her to have her overnight it to me. It won't get here before I leave for SC.

Tonight I set up Ian's new bed, assuming I can find the floor in his room. My little pigpen. Tomorrow night rasping hooves, then Friday morning clean out the car and get ready for the drive. I want to hit SC by around noon... and it looks like I'll be getting together with Tracy and Donna while I'm there. How fun is that!? Too bad I can't take the horses with me. ;)

Chachee - I so hope that something works out for you. I know what it's like to be stuck in a crappy situation. I usually end up getting myself fired since I can't keep my mouth shut. :o

Happy - Ok, I have Memphis on Mapquest. *lol* Let me know when it's a good time to visit your grill! Er .. you. Right. Yeah. :D I know moving is stressful, try to take some time here and there to just empty the brain and relax.

Linda - Congrats on the loss!!! :bravo:

Jolly - Nashville. Tennessee. In November. *eyeballs mapquest again* :devil: How long will you be there?

Red! I miss your posts!! I need to win the lottery so I can buy you a brand new computer!

Ok, I think I'll go be cranky now. :D

derrydaughter
10-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Raven, take a deep breath and calm down! Sounds like things are hectic, but you'll get past this!
Chach, I'll keep my fingers crossed on the job thing for you!
Went out to lunch with a friend today and blew it.... but I did go for a walk and work out as well. Will be extra good tomorrow!
Linda

jollygirl
10-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey all. Sorry to be AWOL. Everything right now seems too much effort. I feel like I am trying to swim through mud. And there is no reason to feel like this. I need to figure out why, and shake it off. Arggh.

Good luck with job interviews and new jobs. Raven, I am only going to be in Nashville for two days - just to hang out with my friend before she ships out. Maybe another time. Besides, there is always Midwest Horse Fair. Good luck in SC.

Everyone else, I hope you are doing well on your personal journeys. Keep the faith.

Jolly.

luckycharm
10-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Good_morning_to_everyone

Just-popping-in-to-say-hi.

We-found-a-different-acreage,-put-in-an-offer-haggled-over-price.
Now-we-are-waiting-for-an-appraisal,_well-flow-test_and_other-little-things._We-should-be-able-to-move-into-our-new-place-by-Nov-fourteenth._(Number_keys_don't_work-either)
I-(we)-are-so-excited.

Chachee-my-fingers-are-crossed-for-you.

Raven-(((hugs)))to-you.-I-hope-your-saddle-gets-to-you.

Happy,-I-am-glad-you-had-a-good-time-on-your-trip.-Now-to-get-already-for-your-move.

Jolly-are-you-still-kicking-butt-on-the-raquetball-court?

Red-(((hugs)))

Linda-What-is-the-difference-between-core-and-flex-points?

TRACY-come-on-back-and-say-hello!

ok-have-a-great-day.
Kathy

Chachee
10-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi All.

Thanks for all the well wishes with the working situation. I just gotta believe it's in someone else's hands and whatever is going to happen will be for the best. I just don't want to be someone who complains about things and never makes an effort to change them. That's why I put in the application. I may not even get an interview, but I gotta try.

Linda: What did you have for lunch that made you "blow it"? Was it bad, or just bad compared to how well you eat now? I'm sure it wasn't that bad. I'm going out to lunch today also for a birthday celebration. It's a chinese/mongolian bbq place. I can load up on veggies and maybe one or two little spring rolls. Don't care much for rice, so I won't have that.

Lucky: Good luck on the land. Wait, let me type it so you can understand...good-luck-on-the-land.--Hope-it-all-works-out-for-you. Heehee!

Raven: You not keeping your mouth shut?? I would never have thunk it!! heehee. I've never been fired or layed off. Usually am fortunate enough to have something else lined up before a job ends. Have a great time on your vacation. Sure wish I was living in NC so we could visit more often!

Jolly: Hang in, hang on, and work it out. You will get through this funk, I have no doubt.

Alrighty, I did my first ever pilates workout this morning. I LOVED IT! I think I need to bump it up a step, but it sure felt good stretching out all those muscles!

Happy Thursday!

Chach

derrydaughter
10-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I hate to even admit, Chach, what I ordered (willingly and knowingly!). I had cheese fries.... yes, I know.... no lectures please - they were awesome. My friend and I split them and each had a bowl of butternut squash soup, which wasn't a bad choice. Should have had salad with the soup, I know. But, they sounded sooo good and I was "week". They were an enourmous appetizer plate of cheese fries (so very good as well) with two kinds of blended cheeses and a salsa dipping sauce. I had bread on the side that came with the soup as well, but only ate half the slice.
So, I did some serious damage.
Today, looking back, I know how I should have ordered and know I got carried away in the "heat of the moment". Today, I "move on" and am trying to do much better.
I am feeling stressed, though. Seems like bad news keeps coming my way recently. My father in law was diagnosed last week with malinoma and today my brother in law (who has been treated and was in remission with lymphoma) had bad test results and it looks like it's coming back on him.
I hate cancer, it seems to attack all the people I love, so today is an emotional day. So far, I've kept busy and did something positive, like going out and buying new boots and shoes (whoops, we're broke, but I didn't care - it was either that or chocolate in large quantities, I guess). I got a pair of really cool boots, by the way, they are very retro 1960s looking and I was thrilled as they zipped up on me! They are a bit above the ankle in height. I have chunky legs and boots usually don't zip on me. They are black leather and gorgeous! Only $29.00! What is my secret to get them that cheap??? They are children's sized boots, which are always cheaper, as I have tiny feet! I also bought a pair of Merrill Jungle Mocs, do you guys know what those are? I love them, these are my third pair - they were "on sale". I'll have to butter up my husband a bit before I tell him I spent the money! Hmm.... will have to make his favorite dinner or something? ; )
Lucky, the difference between core and flex.... hard to explain if you aren't into weight watchers, but I shall try.
With Flexpoints one has a certain amount of points per day that one should have to eat. This number of points is dependant on weight, height and age. The smallest amount of points is 20, which is now all I get! A few examples: An apple is 1 point, veggies are 0 points, lite bread is 2 slices for one point, regular bread can be as much as 2 points a slice. A chicken breast without skin is 3 points, but 5 points with skin, etc. Some things are VERY high in points, obviously fat and fiber come into play. Junk food is VERY high in points. You get 35 flexpoints a week in addition to your 20 (or more) per day. You can use up all the extra flexpoints at one huge meal or one huge dessert or divide them and use a few per day, it's up to you - hence the word "flex" is used. Weight watchers provides you with a listing of foods and what their points are as well as a calculator that you can use to figure out how many points something is from the calories, fat and fiber content on it's packaging. I love this plan as it really gives you flexibility but can keep you in control so you continue to lose weight.
The CORE plan has a select group of healthy foods listed. You may eat until you are "satisfied" of these foods. If you have foods that re not on the core list, you have 35 flex points a week to use for those.
The CORE food list is very healthy, all fruits and veggies are core foods, lean meats and protien, fat free dairy is core, but even if you use low fat you must count them as Core. Certain grains are core, but things with white flour are not. Anything pretty much "processed" is not core, if you can think of that. Carbs are ok, but only healthy carbs, not junk. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.
It's a very healthy eating plan, I think, and much like a diabetic eats. But, the "eat until you are satisfied" thing, for me, was not a good thing. I had no control.
Hope that makes sense!
Linda

RavenToy
10-15-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey chickies...

Linda - If I deep breathe any more, I'll pass out. ;) My boyfriend's father passed away from a very aggressive cancer the first year I moved down here. He was young, it was very unexpected, and very difficult for my BF to cope with. Cancer is one of those things that scares me silly. I really hope that your BIL and FIL come through this well.

Chachee - Hey! Are you saying I have a big mouth!?! :devil: Yeah, ok, I do, so? ;)

Lucky - Keep us posted on the land! And of course as soon as you find the right one and close on it, we must have pictures so I can drool and be jealous!

Jolly - Been there. Recently. I seem to finally be coming up from the depths. It's a slow climb, though. Be patient with yourself. I'm still planning on the midwest horse fair!!

Today Valeska and I leave for SC to attend a three day horse training Symposium by John Lyons. I'm so excited!! I won't be back till late Sunday night, so till then, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

redballoon
10-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Hey there people! :wave: Just at work and was able to glance through the posts. Miss you all. No time to read much, less to answer. Just wanted to say heh and thanks for thinking of me!! :grouphug:

derrydaughter
10-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Raven, have a great trip! Lucky, this land thing sounds awfully exciting, I love the adventure of looking for land/houses. Moving sucks, though.
Red, wish you were back here more frequently. How are you doing with your weight loss journey? I find myself wondering if I would do better if I wasn't on my computer as much, truthfully, as I'd be doing other things (hopefully NOT eating) and moving around more????
Linda

happy2bme
10-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Hello all,
Raven hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Chachee, glad you discovered Pilates. It's really cool and so good for the abs and the posture. Linda, I think you're right about getting away from the computer and doing other things. I find that myself - too much time idled away in the chair here! Hope you are doing better Jolly tho the brrr cold weather is setting in around here and I find the mood slugs down too as hibernation sets in.

Hellos to Red and Lucky too.

Good news, I don't have to be in Memphis until January. That gives me more time to get the house ready - can use all the time I can. At least I can be home for the holidays which is important to me too. We will probably make a trip mid December to find a temporary apartment and then do the big move down the week between Christmas and New Years so we can ring in the new year in a new state.

There is sooooo much to do I am almost overwhelmed and can't be thinking that I have lots more time now because I really don't.

Hope you all fight the good diet fight for me now because heaven knows it's the last thing on my mind right now. Take care all...

luckycharm
10-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Merry Christmas Ladies...

Yes it is beginning to look alot like Christmas here. We woke up to 2 feet of snow.

Well our offer, their counter offer was accepted so now we are waiting for a few tests, (well flow test, and a compliance letter for the septic system) to be done and hopefully all will work out and we will be able to move in a month. We were hoping the snow would hold off, but no such luck.

Happy (((hugs))) I will be thinking of you lots as I am packing. If you have any good tips, I could probably use them. I am so pleased that you will be able to have the holidays with your family.

Chachee I am glad that you liked pilates. That is what Kristi has been doing in gym for the last month. She really likes it also. So I guess I really have no more excuses.

Jolly when in NOvember is your trip? When is the midwest horse fair?

Red hi and glad you were able to pop in for a few minutes.

Tracy hi to you also.

Raven I hope that you and V are having a wonderful weekend.

Linda thankyou for the explanation. I don't think that I would be able to do the core plan, because I really am never satisfied. That would just give me permission to myself to keep eating. Sorry about your family :grouphug: I hope all turns out well.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy

RavenToy
10-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey chickies...

I'm back and I feel like my head is so stuffed with information it's going to blow up. I took a half day off this morning so I could return the car, get the laundry done, do the dishes, get some SLEEP! I didn't drive in till about midnight. Took lots of notes, now the trick is to get out there and start working the horses and pray I remember it all.

Lucky - Wow! Is this a house on land? Barn? Pastures? How much land? Wow!!

Happy - Glad you're going to have time to make the move more smooth. I ran into a woman at the Symposium who lives in Memphis. She has a stud that I'd dearly love to have a foal by out of Shadow. Of course, he's only 3 right now, she won't be breeding him for several years. And also of course, I'll need my own place before I can even think of raising a foal. But she invited us up to Memphis to see her facility, so I figure what a great trip that would be, seeing you and Mingo! :D We haven't even made up our minds if we truly want to breed her anyway, and if we do, it might be surrogate mare stuff. ANYway.. make lists, cross things off. One thing at a time, girl!

Red - I miss you!!! Still. V got the flash cards. :) We love them!! I can't tell you thank you enough! *hug*

Pilates .. I stand by what I said - I haven't found any other workout that will build up the abs, butt, back (core) muscles better or faster than pilates. I haven't been doing it lately, and it shows. It helps with center of balance, sore backs, posture, waistline, the whole schebang.

This week (at the latest this weekend) I WILL get the treadmill belt on. And I WILL start working out again. I ate so much these last three days I feel like a stuffed thanksgiving turkey. *oof* Time to get on the ball. :D

jollygirl
10-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Hello everyone. I had a pretty good weekend. Spent the day with my dad yesterday. It is so nice that he is back among the living, and actually aware of others. We talked quite a bit about my funk, and goals and plans etc. It was so nice.

My eating is still off, but I did make it to the gym this morning and did cardio and weights. I have been so bad about doing my weights.

Happy, I am glad you got a little more time to get things settled before moving and starting your new job. Lucky, I hope all goes well with the test for you land. IF you want to move to a place that doesn't have snow yet, the farm I board at is for sale. Stalls and indoor arena already in place :) I am going to Nashville the 10th-13th. And Midwest Horse fair is in April.

Have a great day all. Raven, I had better hear about your trip soon.

TallTracy88
10-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi ladies
Todya I finally got onot the forum..anytime I log on here..my puter freezes and I have to re-start..so have tried at least once a day...was not bailing on you!!

RAVEN..i know Donna had a wonderful time meeting..you I was wiht you in spirit and I hope the two dasy were everything yu wanted it tobe. I am reallly thinking your sould was super charged over the weekend!

Jolly what is your dad doing..where is he living...how is he doing?

Lucky you sweet thng..always pm's me to see if I am ok..I am so blessed for your attetnion..thank you. Hoping that super special lucky charm kicks in for your offer!!!

Happy I would love to move to memphis..I think it would really exciting place..but I know moving is hard...have done it a lot. Am thinking of you!

Linda you do a ton already but yes sometimes the puter gets in my way..i just read the journals for hours!

reballoon..i did not realize that you were in Japan..very cool..i bet you have somethng super awesome happen to you every day.

chachee..am thinking of you..i really think you attitude iw shat we all shold adopt..especially me..sometimes you just have to leave it up to the powers that be.

I think I got everyone..no exercsie for two days..kids home for a day off..get thee to the gym

Love and miss you all!!

TallTracy88
10-19-2004, 08:58 AM
ok..now thanks to dear sweet ravne..i am on...lol an where is everyone.....

Well hope you all have a grat day.

Saw my Bette davis quote in the new MORE magazine..I was hey...cool

I did get myself to the gym hoping for day two!

Tracy

TallTracy88
10-19-2004, 08:59 AM
crud..i have three band aids on my fingers from scrubbing my whole kitchen this am wiht bleach..They are super cracked and bleeding.

Sorry RAVEN for the typo..I am always REALLY bad...but shoot..

hey getting lots of things done...am I!!

RavenToy
10-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Good morning!!!

I have such fantastic news! I know only a few in here will really understand the import of this, but.... *drum roll*

Valeska rode Shadow last night! SHE RODE HER!!! :cb: Ok, it was bareback and at a walk and for only about 5 minutes. BUT!! None of that horrible fetlock instability! NONE!! We kept the boots on for added support, just in case. I think, I really do now, that it was a twisted joint, the suspensory ligaments were stressed, and they're healing slowly. WOO!! We still have to deal with the arthritis, I know that. But that's NOTHING compared to what we were all afraid it was going to be. If it were the ligaments breaking down, we'd never see any improvement, only disintigration. So.. hallelujah! More horsie goodness... Eve's hooves are growing out and getting much less sensitive. Arashi seems to be getting over his lameness issue. We ground worked all three of them last night, then Valeska rode Shadow, and wow... what a great night!! I truly believe that as long as we give Shadow time, she'll be rideable at a trot again. And who knows, maybe even a canter? I can't help but think that as we develop her collection and strengthen up that topline and those butt muscles that, just like us, it will only help her joints because there will be so much more support there. It was an exciting night.

Another huge plus... the treadmill belt is on!! Ok, I confess, I didn't do it. My ex came over to visit yesterday and Valeska had him do it. ;) Fine with me! Valeska and Ian want to use the treadmill too, so why not?? I need to adjust the belt a bit and lubricate it, then we're ready to roll!

I took chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight. Yes, I'm eating leftover pizza for lunch - one thing at a time, ok? ;)

Hopefully my saddle will be here today... UPS says it's supposed to be delivered. I have a covered arena, so the fact that it's pouring is not a big deal. Just dry the horse off first. :D :D :D And my saddle is synthetic, so if it gets wet, who cares!? Wow.

OK .. Tracy .. I am fluent in typonese, so np. ;) Wear gloves when you're using bleach!!! OW! That Aveeno lotion is the absolute best for really badly dried out hands. Congrats on getting to the gym!! I'm so glad you're back and posting! *warm hug*

Jolly - How incredibly cool that you can sit and talk with your Dad now. That's just ... so very good. I really hope you two can continue to build on that. Hey.. I'm going to be hitting that treadmill soon, and after that I'll be slowly adding in weights again. I really need to start with the Pilates, too. That helped SO much. We can compare lifting notes!

Ok .. guess I'd better get some work done. *nose wrinkle*

jollygirl
10-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey all. Raven, that is great that your saddle is coming and your treadmill is fixed. Hurrah. Tracy, my dad is at the VA, and doing much better. And going to a farm supply store and getting "Udder Balm" for cows works wonders on chapped hands too.

I did a spin class today. I had missed last week, so really felt it. I go see my pony tonight too.

Have a good day all.

RavenToy
10-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Good morning ladies!

Ok. No, I did not adjust the treadmill last night. I had to go try the saddle on my horse. It was pouring rain, so I figured I'd just plop the saddle on to see if it was a fit, then we'd bug out. But .. I have a covered arena with this place. *blink* How could I POSSIBLY see my horse standing there all saddled and ready to go without riding him??? Not possible. So on with the bridle, on with my helmet, and up I go. Oops, except the stirrups are too long. Down, shorten the stirrups. Try again. Still too long. Thank goodness I have been working on Arashi with standing still for me. Adjust, up again, still too long!??? Holy cow I'm a shrimp! Adjust all the way to the freaking top hole. Up again. OK! Almost too long, but rideable. I'm going to have to burn another hole in the latigo. And off we go! At a walk. :lol: Because it's been a long time, and I don't want to come off my horse again. I have to say, that Wintec Western has got to be THE most comfortable saddle in which I have EVER placed my rear. Wow. And today, just those few times up and down made my butt slightly sore. :o Yep, that's embarrassing. What more of an indicator do I need that I'M GETTING MORE AND MORE OUT OF SHAPE!!!! :mad: Blah.

At least I did cook dinner last night, and I'm cooking again today. Steps in the right direction.

Jolly - Good idea on the udder balm. That stuff works miracles. I'd forgotten about it. And good for you for getting to the spin class! I hope your ride with Chance went well last night! He's such a beautiful boy. :D

Chachee
10-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi Ladies,

A little MIA here, but please forgive me. I've been really stressed, as you all probably know, but I tried to destress this weekend. I did a lot of sewing and crafts. I also did some bargain hunting shopping. Anyone that hears me say "I need to get some more fabric" has an open invite to smack me upside the head! I am so well stocked that I can't even close the lid on my 5 gallon container. I even did about 12 pillows and 10 blankets this weekend and it still won't close! Ugh! :)

Interesting news on my end of the swamp--I had a job interview yesterday. I did pretty well, but don't know how it really went. Who ever knows? It's a very interesting job investigating for Children's Protective Services. I'd work mostly out of the home and do home visits and go to court. It's very scary because it's so far out of my comfort zone, but I need to do something. My mental health with my current job is slipping away so quickly! It's horrible and I need to get out. I did have a long good talk with a friend of mine who is a supervisor in a Lab. He said the minute a job comes open I'm at the top of his list. I hate to leave my current job, because it's a nice cozy office and a nice air conditioned building, and right across the street from my house, but I need to do something.

Raven: Wow, the horse situation sounds good. Glad you like your new saddle, Shrimp! Glad you had a good time last weekend. Geez, this month is flying by me!

Happy: Not until January, huh? That's good news so you don't have to rush around packing up your house. I've taken back up the good diet fight. I'm not 100% at this point, but hovering around 80%!

Linda: I'm not posting on that challenge thread anymore. Sugar Cane really angered me and I'm not going to be part of that. I don't need a mother, thank you, I already had one. What is it with how obsessive she was about the PM's? No thank you very much. Sorry you gained back a pound. It's hard, huh? I'm up a little, but it's coming back off me.

Red: Hello, come back soon!

Tracy: I am leaving the job situation up to the Big Man. I know he knows what is right and will lead me the right direction.

Did anyone else watch "The Biggest Loser" last night? I gotta keep watching that show. I picked up a few good exercies from it. I don't like that Maurice guy--the one who weighs 436.

Alright, have a great Wednesday!

Chach

RavenToy
10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
A very quick post to shout out to Red -

Red - I know you can't log on often, but if you can, let us know how you're doing after the typhoon, please? You and Masae, both. I worry. *warm hug*

luckycharm
10-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi ladies.

Quiet around here today.

Well our hopefully new house gets appraised tomorrow and as long as the appraisal comes out to what they are asking for it then it will be all ours. It has been a stressful few weeks waiting for all of this to become finalized.

Chachee good luck on getting a new job. My fingers are crossed for you.

Red hope that you are ok. Big hugs to you.

Happy how is everything going? Have you started packing yet?

Jolly are you still playing racquetball? That is so great about you and your dad. When are you going to see your friend?

Linda how are you doing? Are you settling back in to your flex plan?

Tracy how are you doing? How are the kids? How often do you get to go to the gym?

Raven that is so great about Shadow. How is it going having the ex so close? That is good that he fixed the treadmill for you. I sure hope that he is spending some quality time with the kids.

Well I must run, trying to get the little guy to go to sleep, but it isn't working.

Hugs to everyone
Kathy

derrydaughter
10-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Hi guys, sorry I've been absent for awhile. I'm a bit overwhelmed with tasks lately and have allowed e-mail and all kind of things to get in the way of some valuable "me" time.
First, I am "settled" back into flex points, however, went on a wild binge with doughnut holes yesterday. Don't know what came over me.... but I lost control, bought them and now at least they are temporarily out of my system? Sadly, I have no remorse today, either, just thinking of how good they were. Bad girl!
Sometimes I am in such great control and other times I can't deal.
Chach, I think you took Sugar Cane the wrong way. She started that challenge and asked for people to PM her so she can tabulate on post results. It seemed important to her to make a post at the end where she would tabulate everyone's results. Maybe she's a statistical type of person? I didn't "need" to have her monitoring me, either, but recognize that she wanted to make some kind of "ta da" post at the end showing that we all accomplished something. She's really ok, and I've chatted with her on another thread for months now. But, if that part of the challenge bothers you, we all know there are plenty of them on this web site for which you might be more well suited.
Happy, this must be such a tiring time for you. Yet, I am envious as I would just LOVE to move again. The stress and work involved is not something I look forward to, but I'd love to get out of this place and move out into the woods again. We're on a busy street and hearing cars go by night and day wears upon me. We even bought a nature sounds machine so we hear the repetitive sounds of falling rain vs. the cars. It helps a little. Now that it's cooler out and not motorcycle season, it's a bit better anyway.
Lucky, I have a brain like a sieve... can you refresh me on where this new house is, when you will officially move and what kind of place it will be for you?
Raven, I am glad that your X and you are on friendly terms. That helps when there are kids involved. Hope that all works out for you!
This morning, I vow to do an especially good workout and treadmill routine to work of those doughnuts. Today is another day.
Red, speaking of being "out" of challenges, as Chach has bowed out of the other one, I think I am going to bow out of the 10 day thing. I think it's causing me to be depressed when I can't seem to get through 10 straight days all the time. Maybe it's my lack of committment that has me depressed vs. the challenge?
I really need to sort out my priorities, is it doughnuts and chocolate or is it getting this weight off me for good? Hmmm.....
Linda

Chachee
10-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Hello Ladies!

I'm so glad it's Friday. Long week. Haven't heard from the place about the job, but it usually takes a couple of weeks with an agency to get everything figured out. I'm not worried if I don't get it, because I have a good job. I just need to stick to my desk, not let the other gossips and complainers get to me!

Lucky: Good luck with the appraisal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you also!

Linda: Maybe she meant it another way, but it really struck me wrong. Plus, I'm posting on two other threads, so I need to cut back anyway. A good enough challenge for me right now is to stay on track. I'm glad you are here, though, because I really enjoy your company and posts. :)

Can you all give me a crafter's intervention? I have barely put up my sewing machine and I started in on my clay ornaments last night. I want to make around 40 for family and friends. I got about 10 done last night. I hope to have those baked and completed by Saturday. Then on Sunday I can finish up the sewing I have pinned and get those gifts in bags. Then next weekend I have to have everything made for the bake sale. Geez loueezzz....can you say OVEREXTENDED???

Well, gotta run. Have a lovely weekend if I don't have a chance to talk to you all before Monday.

Chach

derrydaughter
10-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Chach, sounds like you really are way too overextended.... wish I could help!
I have to learn to say NO and it's very hard to do as well.
I think I bit off more than I could chew by volunteering to make quilts for the families of every soldier who died in Iraq that was from NH. Yet, I am doing this and two more passed away (so sadly as they both look like brilliant young men on the tv) just last week. I am feverishly working on all of this and trying not to get overly emotional about it, which is not working right now.
Chach, hope you do get that job. I know exactly what you mean about people being gossips and complainers. I remember that being the worst part about working in an office. Women, in particular, can be SO catty. Do you think they do this as they are jealous or what? I had to laugh this week as our esteemed presidential's candidate's wife was caught being VERY catty, and had to back down and apologize publically for making misstatements about the current first lady. Now, why would this woman have to spout off about that? I laughed, as I know the answer, women (yes, we can as a gender) be so darn catty sometimes.... why is it that some people, in particular women, seem to just have to get their digs in???? She was "caught with her pants down" and I had to laugh.
I also learned the hard way, in an office setting, that people LIE and really do it often, to the destruction of others who get in their way. I hope you can rise above that kind of behavior and not let the other people with their petty things get in the way of your happiness and ultimate success in reaching your goals.
A wise person once told me, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. I find myself wondering why some people just CAN'T do that? Don't they know they are hurting people with their constant complaining and gossip? Something like that can reduce morale and productivity in an office setting. You must be having a very hard time, Chach.
Red seems to have been going through this kind of thing. Guess it doesn't matter where you work, humans are the same wherever....
Well, off to clean the bathrooms, vacume and maybe burn a few calories! At least, for me, as a stay at home mom, my constant companions when the family is off at school or work are the cats and they never have anything "catty" to say, believe it or not!!!
Take care and TGIF!!!!
Linda

TallTracy88
10-24-2004, 03:47 AM
Hye ladies..again..only in the raly am an I get on..I swear dag gum spyware.

Going through a lot gain cannot seem to cathy my blance lately in an emotional sense.

I am thinking of all of you.

You all are such strong and vibrant, complex and super speical women. What you do here is awesome..and am very lucky to know you.

Speaking of luck..luckygirl tried to send you a message my my puter froze up again.

Will try again...

all for now..amy feeling a wee bit low

chat you all soon!

Tracy

TallTracy88
10-24-2004, 03:49 AM
sigh sorry..am upset today..cannot even type..even though my fingers are fine..just ignore first one..sorry.

jollygirl
10-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey all. REal quick message, as it is my favorite payroll Monday again. I hope we all get through our personal issues soon. HOuses, moves, jobs, whatever and all that it is. We deserve some good stuff soon.

Have a great day.

RavenToy
10-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Good morning chicks..

I know we've all been having a rough time of it lately. I hope the coming couple months smooth out for all of us. It completely blows me away that it's already October!! Where did this year go! Yesterday I was dusting a little around the house, and it struck me that it smelled like winter was coming. I know for some parts, it's already here. Valeska mentioned that it was starting to feel like Christmas already. Time moves too quickly lately.

This weekend was a horsie one, I had friends come in from out of town, friends from a horse board I belong to. We spent all day Sunday together. Saturday was mostly spent schlepping around the house, I'm afraid to say. Valeska has a really nasty head cold, so she didn't want to do anything or go anywhere. I should have used my time to align the belt on the treadmill, but I think I just needed to STOP for a day. Just not do anything at all. I feel like I've been in fast forward forever.

I have to admit, yesterday with the horses and one woman who really knows her stuff made me even more anxious to get moving forward with my riding. As if last weekend's symposium didn't do enough of that already? We found another barn about 15 minutes from the house that will work as a replacement for the one we're at if our current one can't drop her price. I simply cannot afford to pay her board AND buy the round bales. She only wants to throw a couple flakes per horse a day, and that is simply not enough for horses in a paddock with no graze at all. Ok, anyway... enough horsie grumbling.

I'm starting to feel more and more motivated to get this weight off again. I can't say I've truly been maintaining, the weight is coming back on - even if it is in incredibly small increments. I think that's why it's so dangerous. You don't see this huge jump. You see it waver a half pound between weights for a week or more, then it actually hits the upper number solid. Then it does that again, and it's sooooo insidious! It's so easy to say "oh, it's only a couple pounds, that will come off quick when I get back OP..." Yeah, well, I've managed to "couple pounds" myself up 14 pounds from my lowest point this year. Not good, and I need to stop fooling myself. I was just about to start typing something like "but it really isn't that bad, because it's only gone up a couple pounds in the last couple months........" :yikes: :nono: Boy I could rationalize my way all over the place, huh?

I think the woman who was here yesterday helping me with Arashi really peeled back the rose colored film from my eyes, too. Because as I watched her work with him, it became abundantly clear that the problems that I'm having with him aren't HIM, they're ME! Blah. I knew that. I knew it really well. I guess I just didn't want to see it. *nose wrinkle* Sort of like the pounds creeping back on. Yeah.

So, I can whine and complain and feel sorry for myself and rationalize and feel depressed and eat more because I'm depressed, or I can start getting my REAR in GEAR and get that treadmill adjusted and start running again. And stop milking that darn thing as an excuse! Argh!

Right... so..... HAPPY MONDAY!! :D :D

Chachee
10-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Ladies,

Alright, you all can smack me now, but I finally go some things done....I went last night and mailed (yes, purchased, wrapped and mailed) all but one box of Christmas presents. I had to clear out the computer room because hubby's parents are coming in three weeks. I figured, "Heck, all the stuff is here, why not just tape up the boxes and get them out in the mail!". I did such and now I have only one package left to send out. I need to remake some pillows and then I can get it out. I feel so good, knowing that everything is done and I only need to buy stocking presents for hubby. I put the last of my son's presents on layaway and will pick it up next week. Just didn't want to run the risk of not having it here. It's a desk and he loves it. Only three left and I needed to make sure it wasn't gone by the time my paycheck got here.

I also purchased all (except flour) of the baking items I need to do the Bake Sale. I bought stuff to make chocolate chunk brownies, choc chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, pumpkin bread, banana bread and apple cinnamon bread. I'll get that stuff baked up and ready on Thursday.

I also got almost half the hand made clay ornaments done that I wanted. Sat my son down and he played with playdough while I sculpted the ornaments.

Oh, and I also made jalepeno cheese bread in our bread machine. Yummy!

I managed to get all that stuff done, but didn't get on my treadmill once. I did this morning and it reminded me that absence does not make the treadmill grow fonder! My eating was so-so, but no exercise. I gotta get back 100% on track. I have my WW bracelet on today and it's a good reminder of why I am doing this.

Linda: I know you are probably overwhelmed by doing all those quilts. Try to get as many done as possible and I know the families will appreciate it. The catty-ness is incredible, isn't it?? Why do women do that??

Tracy: I just love your posts! Untie bad spellrz. It's all good. Like Raven said, we all speak Typoneese!

Jolly: Hang in, and get that payroll done! Want to cut me a check also??

Raven: Good luck with the stables. I love what you wrote about those "couple pounds". How very true is that? Amazing how quickly those pounds add up! Hop on that treadmill with me and lets get going! I can imagine you behind me saying, "Oh, please...you call that a workout?". :)

I got the call on Friday for an interview with another department. I still haven't heard anything on the other one I interviewed for, but we shall see. Keep me in your prayers or your fingers crossed for this week. If I'm suppossed to leave, it will happen. If not, I'll stick it out. I can rise above....I can do this!

Happy Monday!

Chach

happy2bme
10-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi All,
I am sooooooo inundated here that I just want to curl in a ball and nap and hide away from it all. The phone rings constantly, appointments every day all sorts of things going on, things to plan and get ready for, and they want me to learn new stuff for the new job and next month I will take a short trip down to the office where one person will TURN OVER some stuff to me. That means (and we all KNOW this) that I will be handling some new stuff before I'M EVEN AT THE NEW PLACE. I don't want to think about it. When I get up in the middle of the night for the pee run, I find that I am dreaming about moving.

And, I have had some major dental work done on Friday because I'm trying to get all the doctor / dentist things done before I move and have to find new ones not to mention trying to get time off when you are new on the job. Had 2 teeth filed down for crowns, a nasty extraction and a bone graft on Thursday. My mouth is all stitched up and I look perfect for Halloween.

Needless to say that dieting has been the last thing on my mind. I am getting my exercise in other ways and the eating has been somewhat erratic and on the fly.

I have been peeking in here but mostly quick flybys. And it will probably stay that way until well after the new year when we get settled in. I just hope I don't bust out of the last of the clothes that fit me. :(

Good luck with the current jobs, interviews, new jobs, horsie relocations, preparations for the holidays (Chachee are you for rent????? ;) :lol: ) and all the other things that are keeping us all busy.

Press on everyone, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

jollygirl
10-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Serenity now!

I need to get back to the point where I am committed. As opposed to needing to be committed. I am stress eating. Letting myself get overtired, then sick. Not exercising because of the tired and sick. Like Raven, the weight is slowly creeping. I need to stop. I need to trust that what is meant to happen, will happen, and not stress out about every little thing.

So, good luck for all of us. Yikes! We are a busy, crazy bunch, aren't we?

RavenToy
10-26-2004, 09:36 AM
It occurs to me that the rest of my life is going to be busy and crazy. Jolly, that one line in your post really got me to thinking.

If I cannot figure out how to manage my life so that I am satisfied with my eating and still not gaining, so that my exercise feels healthy and good - not forced to the point where I resent it, so that my caloric outgo matches (or exceeds) my input for the larger percentage of time than does the reverse, I will never lose weight. Or I might, then I will gain it back again.

You really brought home that this is not a diet. This is not a "lose weight then what" kind of thing. This is my life. Every day. Every minute. Every breath.

If I cannot give up some sort of food, then I either must find an exercise I love to do so that it will equal out, or I must face the consequence of gaining weight, and obviously I am not happy with that. I have choices to make, and by not making them, I'm allowing them to be made for me. Even not making a choice is making a choice.

I think you just gave me a gift, Jolly.

derrydaughter
10-26-2004, 11:50 AM
I just caught up on reading the posts you guys have made over the last few days and I totally agree with the philosophy of this having to be the rest of your life. If we don't adopt a plan that this is the rest of your life and you have to lose and maintain with a healthy lifestyle, you WILL find yourself going through this process again and again over the next several years - if you LIVE THAT LONG!!!!! :shrug:
I have to tell you all about my day yesterday.....I had an unexpected trip to the emergency room yesterday morning with chest pain,
my doctor will be following up with me later this afternoon. They don't feel I had a
heart attack, but ran all the appropriate tests. I was SOOOO scared!
They do think I have what is called Costochonditis, check this out:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C598186.html#H1
I woke up at about 2:00 am, very early Mon. am and had terrible chest pain, it felt like someone was pushing as hard as they could on my chest, it was scary. I ended up in the EMR at about 6:30 am after figuring out that this wasn't going to go away.
At any rate, having a "scare" like that makes you really think about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and making sure you don't let the teeny tiny increments of pounds creep back a bit at at time. NO way, not me!
Chach, I echo the "can I rent you". From what you tell us, you must be one of the most organized people ever! You go girl! I admire your approach to everything in life - such enthusiasm! Gosh, getting Christmas gifts wraped already, etc. - I just bow to you with admiration!!!!
Well, tired me needs to rest.... it's been a very rough few days. BUT, before I sign off, I went to my ww meeting and lost .6 this week! I almost didn't go as I was feeling really "low", and this check pain is really right there all the time, even after an IV with intiinflamatory meds and 24 hours of ibuprophen every 4 hours....
I am still up .4 from where I had a gain of one pound the week before, but at least I dropped a bit off. Amazing how easy it is to put a pound back on vs. chiselling a bit off!
Linda, still sore but not as worried as I was!

Chachee
10-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Hello ladies,

Happy: Yep, rent me out. I just gotta make enough to quit my job! You think that is possible? Hmmm... I wanted to wish you the best of luck with this new job and your new adventure. How very exciting!

Jolly: Do you think if they committed you that we could get a group discount? Just checking out my options.....might be a way for us all to finally get together, even though our arms would be tied behind our backs!! Damn white jackets!

Raven: Ah, the light goes on, huh? Amazing how one of us can post something that just totally hits home. I guess I've just been ignoring the "lifestyle" change that comes. Maybe it's my stubborn-ness!

Linda: Oh my goodness, what a scare. You be careful and take it easy!!!! Thanks for the bow of admiration! As previously stated, I would rent out if y'all could cover my current salary!

Alright, tonight starts my baking for the Bake Sale this weekend. Tonight will be breads. Tomorrow will be cookies. I'll need some strength tomorrow night, but tonight should be okay. Pumpkin, banana and then apple cinnamon bread. Yummy!

Oh, and job interview on Thursday. Wish me luck. Didn't hear anything from the other one, so I am guessing I didn't get it. That is okay, I am alright with it. All I can do is my best and wherever that lands me I'll be sure to stand on my own two feet!

Happy Wednesday!

Chach

derrydaughter
10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Good luck with the job interview Chach! I always thought (but don't really want to do this and it would be hard to build a clientelle, I think) that being a "personal assistant" of some sort would be a fun business to start up. Just think, you could be running errands for some people, stopping by a home and preparing a meal, refrigerating it with warm up instructions, setting a table and then heading off to grocery shop for another person, etc. I would think that would be fun and there are those who are just so busy, like career moms with busy lives, who would find your organization a dream come true! There might be a career mom who wants the homemade cookies for the school bake sale and stays up until midnight to get it done, wouldn't she just LOVE someone like you to call upon? At any rate, it would take awhile to build up income and clientelle, but it would be so cool, I think.
Enough dreaming for me.
Still not feeling well today, I was hoping for some miraculous recovery, but I guess not. I've bailed out on my quilt group for this morning and am being VERY lazy and low keyed. I hope I can just take it easy and not do myself any further injury.
Linda

RavenToy
10-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Chachee - Good luck with the interview!! I know how frustrating it is to go through the job hunting process. I hate it! Please let us know how things go. I don't know how you manage to do everything you do. I am so NOT a homemaker. I hate to cook, only like cleaning when I WANT to clean, baking ... well, once in a while is ok. Couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag. Can't even keep up with paying the few bills I need to watch each month. I need a wife. Will you marry me? Oh drat, you're already married. *grump* All the good ones are taken. ;)

Linda - I know a very good friend of the family suffered from repeated bouts of chest pain, and he was positive he was having a heart attack several times, but there was never any evidence that was what was going on. They kind of shuffled him off saying he had angina, but I don't think they ever really figured out what it was. Must be frightening. I hope you feel better soon.

Valeska is still sick with the crud. I'm going to go to the stables, bite the bullet and tell Amanda we need to move the horses and hopefully she'll let me go in two weeks instead of the "legally required" 30 days. I don't want to move them, I like Amanda's place, but I just can't afford it without her covering the hay. :( That and the child support is iffy at best right now without the ex having a job. *sigh*

I feel like I can never get caught up with anything... always ten things that I've forgotten about, let slip, am behind on. And not little silly things either, important things, like the car insurance, or the car registration, or the kids' homeschooling paperwork. Too many things for one little brain. I'm feeling very frustrated and overwhelmed lately. This job is a huge part of it. The commute sucks up two hours plus every day, I don't get a lunch or breaks to speak of because once I get here, it's nearly impossible to leave during the day. I hate being the one everyone whines at. I mean... these guys can't even change the paper in the plotter. If ANYthing goes wrong, they come whining to me, and why? Because they either want me to make it magically all better, or "handle it." Somehow. Call someone, even if they could do the same thing. It's getting to the point where I'm beginning to feel like everyone's assistant, and that's not what I'm supposed to be doing. Or not what I was TOLD I was supposed to be doing. Wow. Now *I'M* the one whining! Ha! *grump*

jollygirl
10-28-2004, 11:20 AM
HEy all. Well, finally made it back to the gym. Last night, did a bit of the elliptical trainer, then raquetball. Did a bit of elliptical this mroning as well. Need to get the intensity back up, but right now I will take one day at a time. I have decided not to do raquetball next session. I am supposed to be in the baby beginner league. There are a couple of ladies in there that are quite good - have been playing for years. It is very depressing and frustrating trying to learn when you are getting your butt seriously kicked - like you can't even return their serves as they know where to put them. I am lucky to drag my butt to where the ball is and actually hit it. Aim is not a concept I am familiar with yet. Plus, it is hurting my ankles a lot. Part of me wants to back out now, but I would feel like a quitter. I will see.

Derry, hope they get a good handle on what is wrong, and you are feeling better soon. Chachee, you wonder woman you. good luck with your interview. Raven, hope to get an "e" soon. and that all goes well with the barn.

Take it easy all.

Chachee
10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Good morning, everyone.

Raven: Shoot, if you had only asked me about six years ago...then I was a free agent still! Honestly, I don't know where I find the time, but I just do. Sorry to hear you have to move the horsies again. You already have another place lined up, right? Forgive me, but you have three horses, right? Eve, Arashi and Shadow? Sometimes I just don't get everything straight.

Linda: I remember you talking about that kind of business. I guess if I did it, it would take the fun out of doingthose things for myself. Sometimes I'm really on fire to do a bunch of things, other times not so much. I just love the holidays because that is when I get really in gear to do things.

Jolly: Good luck with finishing up the racquetball. I admire you for taking it on. Just not a sport I can see myself getting into. Sounds like things are starting to come back into gear for you.

Thanks for the well wishes on the interview. I'm not sure how it will go, but if I am meant to leave and do another job, then it will happen.

Happy Thursday.

Chach

RavenToy
10-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Good morning chickies..

Chachee - That's me - day late, dollar short. ;) Yep, those are our three horses, you remembered well! I'm so hesitant to move them again, mostly because I'm so sick of moving them and then having things go wrong. I just keep trying to find the "right" place, and I'm having trouble with that. How did the interview go? I know hearing nothing on the last one would bother me, even if it's for them to just say "no, you didn't get it" at least you wouldn't be wondering anymore.

Jolly - I love playing raquetball! Obviously, we really do need to live closer together. I'm just a beginner, too, but I really do enjoy the game. You're right though, it's very discouraging if you're playing someone who is SO much better than you are. I'd be more concerned about the ankle issue, though. Please do not play through that kind of pain? Your body is trying to tell you something, and forcing the issue might just make it worse. I learned that with shin splints.

I guess I must be PMSing. Water retention is NOT fun. I feel like the sta-puff marshmallow man. *bloat* I had the greatest intentions of getting out to the stables last night but it was pouring, and by the time I got home after an hour plus of fighting traffic I had a splitting headache. I made spaghetti, watched Sleepy Hollow and CSI, then went to bed. Weather is that foggy, misting, creepy kind of weather. It's not bad if you aren't feeling like poo to begin with, then the only thing it's good for is snuggling up to a warm TV or computer monitor and forgetting about everything.

Hopefully the weather will be better tonight. This weekend I'm going to take the kids to see A Shark Tale, because we didn't make it three weekends ago. *lol* The ex is taking the kids out Sunday night for hallowe'en, but I'll be doing the makeup. I enjoy that. :) They're going as Lock, Shock and Barrell from Nightmare Before Christmas. My ex will be the devil, Ian is the skelly, and Valeska will be the witch. I thought it was cute. :D

This weekend I WILL adjust the treadmill belt, and I WILL take it for a spin. ;) Hold me to it, ladies!!

Chachee
10-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Howdy Ladies,

Raven: I bet the kids are going to be great dressed up from the movie. My neice LOVED that movie from the age 5 on. I thought it was cute. Gotta love Tim Burton! I'm holding you to getting the treadmill working again, as I expect you to hold me to working out more next week. Been a slug with all this baking!

The interview went well. I asked them this time when they would have their decision made. They said they were interviewing through Monday, checking references Tuesday-Thursday, and getting the stuff to HQ to finalize. I guess if my referernces are not called by Thursday night, then I didn't get it. The actual interview went well and I was happy with my answers. If I'm suppossed to leave here and take this next step in my life it will work out. It's out of my hands now.

Going to Trick-or-Treat Town tonight. For those of you not from Alaska, it's an indoor warehouse that sets up mock houses and gives out candy. With the weather up here, it's tough sometimes to go Trick or Treating outdoors.

Going to finish up my sewing this weekend and put the machine away until after the holidays. I have a few clay ornaments left to do, but nothing big. Just gotta get the shopping list together for the Christmas cookies, but I have a couple of weeks to do that.

Hubby leaves next Tuesday for Hawaii. He'll be gone a week. Tough life, huh?

Happy Friday, Happy Halloween!

Chach

derrydaughter
10-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Raven, I hope things get straightened out with the horses.
Chach, Trick or Treat town sounds really cool. We're lucky, on Sunday they are predicting that Halloween will be unseasonably warm for Halloween, about 70 degrees - amazing for this area!
I'm feeling a bit better, but feeling FAT today.... have been eating more than I should the last few days and we have a big party to attend tomorrow. Plus, with my injury, I am not working out.
Will try the treadmill tomorrow!
Gotta go!
Linda