Old 10-01-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 10/1

It's the 1st of October..can you believe that? The weather here has gotten cold. Exactly like Fall should be!! The girls aren't going to school today. We had to go and help DH hunt for his deer that he hit w/an arrow. So by the time we found it, helped/watched him to what he had to do and then drove home...then hung it up, got ice to cool it down, etc..it was late. Poor DH!!! He's running on little sleep right now (less than me) and we have to bowl tonight. Guess who'll be taking a nap (besides me that is )
Another day OP. WOOHOO!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Forgot to mention....the kitties come home today!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning You BEAUTIFUL Ladies (and gents lurking )

Brenda its beautiful and fall like here too. The leaves are just starting to turn different colors, beautiful but sad b/c they will be gone in a few weeks

Nothing much happening here today, sosdd.

Whats your plans for the weekend?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning!!!

Leenie - Beautifal fall day here as well!

Brenda - Hope the kitties forgive you as soon as they see you are taking them home!

I have really been trying to say OP also. I just feel so "YUCK" when I don't. Then I don't understand why I went off P to begin with. Aren't we just crazy sometimes!?
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #5  

Default Good morning

Hi everyone,
I've missed everyone the last few days. I came in to check the boards a couple times but didn't post. I've been really sick for the last week, then...out of the blue I got an email from my husband telling me that when he comes back from Iraq he wants a divorce. As you can imagine, my head has been pretty messed up. I suspected he was with someone before he left, but it didn't make anything easier when "she" got sent overseas with him.

I hope everyone is happy and healthy

Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Have a great day Leenie I like watching the leaves turn and fall....until I have to rake the yard and then it snows. ICK@snow!!

Lori: Sounds like a lot of temptation going on for all of us. Have a happy OP day And I'm hoping the kitties are like they were before I took them in. Leo was such a sweetie---he usually cuddled in my lap.

I'm getting sick of TOM. It can't make up it's mind if it wants to appear or not. My system is just getting WAYY too screwy. And it's about time for "that" doc visit. UGH!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Jules: OMG!!! Sorry to hear about you and DH. And what a skunk to give you the news over an EMAIL!!! Talk about chicken!!! Glad you're not sick anymore though
Old 10-01-2004, 10:48 AM   #8  

Good morning.

JULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big FAT skunk! What a jerk. You sound ok??? with it???
I just can't believe that someone would say that in an email.......*sigh*
Don't worry....we will be here for you. Big FAT skunk!

Brenda: The kitties will still love you!

Leenie: I keep looking for a perfect foliage shot! Too soon I guess. You are right...it happens too quick. Before you know it it is gone.

Lori: Congrats on staying OP. You are so close to your goal!

I on the other hand have been horrible this week! I am just so tired (still not sleeping all that great) and when I am tired my resolve goes right out the window. I need to get back out and do some walking next week. Maybe that will get me back on track. I dread the idea but maybe I need to go back to induction phase Don't know if I can do without my nuts! We shall see.

Kind of busy weekend....I am getting my hair cut tomorrow then want to get a jacket that I am making finished at some point this weekend!!!! Sunday I have a Bike Safety thing that the American Legion is sponsoring. The Auxiliary is in charge of hot dogs etc for the kids. That will blow most of the day. DH's son has invited us over for a brunch and to watch the football game. I am going to send him by himself. I have no desire to put myself through that family crap if I can avoid it. DH ex-wife is ALWAYS there! She needs a life. And his DIL is not one of my favorite people. Why put myself through it. He will just have to leave the Legion thing early and go there. Not me MISTER!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Jane: I hear you on being too tired to think about exercising. I feel that way a lot. Hope you start sleeping better soon!! As for going back on induction and giving up nuts....why? Can't you do the induction and STILL eat a few nuts? Modify your induction Your in-laws sound like mine Enjoy your day tomorrow I would LOVE to learn to sew. There are some cute costumes the girls would like to wear for Halloween...and I'm not good at patterns. Maybe some day. lol

I'm boss-less today...it's why I keep popping in and out of here today. They won't be here for another couple hours. I actually DID get work done. So it's not like I'm totally goofing off. lol but I imagine I should get back to work and get more done.

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 10-01-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Hello All! I don't have much time on here this morning. I just wanted to wish everyone a GREAT weekend. Congrats to those staying OP! We have a jampacked weekend planned. My children will turn 3 and 5 in Dec. We are taking them to the Shark Tale movie tomorrow. Then football at our house on Sunday. Ok ladies, gotta get back to work.
grn ize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Default Woohoo! Done my seminar!

Hey Everyone!

Long time, no chat (my fault, of course!).

But - I'm done my seminar!!!

That means, I just have to work on editing and revising my thesis! About 3 weeks or so and I'll be done, done, done, done, done!

I can't wait! I can't wait to take some time and do something that is NOT ENGINEERING! (Just a break)

Woohoo!

I was a bit nervous, because the *toughest* professor came in to watch it and I was really worried about his questions, but in the end, he basically just gave me some good suggestions (I think he likes me since I took two of his classes and did well in them). What a relief! I've seen him grill other students after their seminars and I've been crossing my fingers for a year hoping he wouldn't be at mine - but he was! And he wasn't all that bad. Must be my lovely smile, no doubt!

I'm so hyper right now. It's due to the lack of sleep last night - I was so up most of the night making my presentation, but that's what I get for leaving it until the last moment. Though my supervisor did say it went well, so maybe this procrastination works for me?? I'll never learn if I keep getting away with it!

Hi Brenda (kitties? Man, I am so behind...), Leenie (I love fall! My favourite season!), Lori (after the way I've been shirking the plan lately, I can't wait to get that re-energized feeling back!), Jules (an email!? The nerve! --- Nice name you have, btw!), Jane (hair cuts are fun! I always feel so refreshed after one - plus I love chatting with the hairdressers!), grn_ize (have a good weekend with the kiddies!).

Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:04 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Just popping in for a quick fly-by! I've been sick this week too. Bah!

Jules, honey, don't take it too seriously yet, ok? I have a lot of friends over there right now and it's just ugly. When he gets home, he'll take some time to straighten his head out again. Hang in there, hon!

Not much new here. The joblessness continues. DH is really liking his new job. SSDD. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hugs!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #13  

StarPrincess: HELLO! any word on your going back to the same company?
Glad to hear DH likes his new job.

Lekker: FINALLY! It will be done! Are you still planning on traveling overseas?

grn ize: Let us know how the movie is.

Brenda: I don't know......I just need to do something to get back on track. I may need to start eating some Frankin Foods just so that I can keep up the snacking that seems to be attacking me!
Thankfully these people are not my in-laws......well I guess they sort of are DH's ex-wife who hates me, his son and daughter in-law. His DIL is clueless I tell you, clueless! His son is ok, just sick of his "issues" with his father! Get over it for cryin out loud!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Hi Jane!

It's not for sure yet, but the probability is looking better. If I do go back it will be as a program manager, which is wayyyyyyyyy better than what I was doing! Plus, it's a permanant job so I'll have bennies and everything. The fingers are still crossed!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote