Support Groups - Stay At Home Moms 262 Tgif!

View Full Version : Stay At Home Moms 262 Tgif!

mompen
10-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water.

mompen
10-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Morning Ladies!

I am gonna make this short cause I wanna try to get in the 3 mile WATP's this am. Wish me luck! I know Geri does it all the time :)

Jill,
I bet you are tired! That is alot to put on you in one week! Hopefully next week will be better for you! I can't believe how close you are to goal girlie! You are almost there!!!! And as far as the friend, been there with that! I am allergic to Mary Kay so that is always my excuse!!!!! LOL We are gonna do a different challenge for the week... Next week is Exercise 4x/7days and drink 64oz water everyday! I guess we will send a card out at the end of the week for completing? Melissa, tell me!

Spryng,
When does dh leave today? I wanna try that recipe w/ the white beans! It always sounds so good when you make it!

Geri,
Hope the munkin's didn't give you too hard of a time last night!

Crystal,
How did your anniversary go?

Melissa,
Are you at the gym this am? You are doing awesome! Don't forget to weigh this morning! We only have one more week on the challenge!

Kristen,
Hope you are pumped to get started next week! You can do it :)

Chris,
How are you and dd feeling?

Cindi,
What time is your surgery Monday? I am thinking of you!

Michelle,
How is the metal monster treating you? You are close to the other side girlie! Lookin good mama :)

Deana,
I can't wait for your weigh in Tuesday! You have been doing so awesome! :) How is the bathroom coming along?

Leigh,
You can't keep avoiding us....lol We miss ya :)

Cheri,
Are you hanging around girlie! Let us know how you are!!!!

Ricci,
When is your finals?

Julie,
How are you doing???

Melinda,
How are you doing on ww???

Jaymi,
Are you still around?

Ok I lied...... That wasn't short.....LOL

Ok I am really going now so I can get this walk in! :)

mamawithdreams
10-01-2004, 08:03 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got 8 1/2 hours of straight, solid sleep. But don't get used to hearing it, I'm trying not to get used to getting it, it probably won't last. How did everyone else sleep?

Andrew's already up with me this morning, but after sleeping straight through, I don't care. After breakfast, we're gonna go clean mom's house then get back home to have lunch and do our last day of school. Yeah, we'll be out for 2....maybe 3 weeks. What does everyone else have planned?

Jill, I thought the houseplan came out too big, I'll see what I can do. Hope you got some rest after that tough day.

Penny, hope you get those 3 miles in. Our anniversary...well, let's just say it's been 9 years and we have 3 kids, so I went to bed pretty early while he finished the debate and maybe we can celebrate it this weekend.

Hello to everyone else. Me and Andrew are gonna sit outside for a bit. TTYL

mompen
10-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok and another thing!

Where are you at Amy!???

You have been doing so well! :)

melmcc99
10-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Morning Ladies! Hi Penny and Crystal. Crystal, glad you got a great night sleep. Bugga was up twice, but dh had forgotten to give him his mylanta before bed. I was at my class last night. Oh Well! At least I know it's working.

Ok, I weighed in.....last week I had been back up to 210, which I couldn't believe. I mean really! SOOOOOOOO< today I weiged 206.5!! Thats' 3.5 since last week. I hope that continues. If I lose another 3.5 this week to come, I will make Penny and my adjusted challange loss of 5lbs. So I will work really hard at it. I really want to be 199 by the end of 3 weeks from now. Well, off to the gym I go again this morning. I hope I get the energy up. Right now I just feel tired....maybe TOM is brewing. Ya never know with me.

Anyway, ladies. Good luck with eating and drinking that 100oz today. Hope everyone gets in some kind of exercise too. check in with ya later.

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Good morning ladies.

Not sure if I'm excited that it's Friday or not. Tonight is Homecoming here and the kids get out of school early, dd goes for an hour this morning instead of the afternoon and dh has to work all weekend :( .

Penny: Tha bathroom is useable. We got the shower wall and the plumbing replaced, now I want to put the shower board on the other 2 walls to make it look all the same. It's gonna take about $100 to finish it. Have to pay bills first then see if we can do it next week. Don't have alot of time this month. Dh is leaving on the 20th to go to Branson for a Cowboy shoot. A friend of ours is coming down from Michigan and picking him up and they will be gone for 5 days/4 nights. He has things to get ready well before that, plus make sure he gets all his shop work done before he goes.....I promise to get back on the excercise wagon today. I feel much better after sleeping it off I guess. Even dh said maybe I'm coming down with something. But mainly I was just tired and my shoulder was hurting, then my ear started hurting. But all is well this morning.

Mel: :bravo: WTG on the 3.5 loss. You must feel great this morning. I think I figured out more of how to make my diet work....never leave home for more than an hour or so. If we go anywhere, I lose access to my water and good food. Yesterday I missed all 3 snacks because my schedule got messed up and I only got in 80 oz of water. I like staying home anyway, other than short trips into town that I have to make. So I'll just stay home :D .

Crystal: 8 1/2 hours straight....WOW!!! Hope it lasts. Maybe Andrew was going through a phase and he's growing out of it. Or maybe the weather is playing a part in him sleeping better. It can be so hard to pinpoint those things. Hope you and dh get to do something this weekend for your anniversary.

As for me today.....Since it's Homecoming it's only half day at school for the boys. That means preschool splits the morning between the morning and afternoon classes. So Abby will only go fo ran hour this morning and they are doing senses this week. Today is taste and we are taking drinks. I talked to her teacher and she came up with the idea to color milk and show them that even though it is a different color, it still tastes the same. But, we can't use red or yellow because some kids are allergic to the dye. So I thought about using blue. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to blue food dye. And it won't be alot, just enough to color it a little. It's either that or use clear vanilla to flavor it but not change to color to show that even though it looks like milk, it tastes different. I may just take both the vanilla and the blue dye and see which she thinks is best.

After that the boys will get out and be home by about 1:45 and dh will be sleeping so I think we're going to have reading time this afternoon or I may stop and rent a movie they will all watch.

QOTD: I know this issue came up with Chris yesterday so I'll give some of us something to think about. When, not if but WHEN, you make your mini goal or goal weight, what will be your reward to yourself for all the effort you have put into becoming a better, healthier person?

I hadn't really thought about it until now. I just know I want to, and will, make goal which is next August. My mini goal is set for my birthday and since I rarely get anything for it from my immediate family (mom always gets me something though), I think I will buy myself something special. Not sure what yet. I'm not much into jewelry and I don't want to buy new clothes yet, that would be a waste, so maybe a new pair of tennis shoes or maybe some new charms for my Italian charm bracelet that I wear all the time.

Well, dd is awake eating breakfast and I need to go get dh up so we can get ready to go to school with Abby.

TTYL

mompen
10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Girlies :)

Crystal,
Congrats to you on the sleep! You needed it! When do you stop schooling?

Mel,
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! It's your birthday It's your birthday.....lol That is what my kids say when they do good....LOL You are doing awesome girlie! I know we are gonna make this challenge next week!!!!!! I weighed but I will let you know next week when we get there :)lol Have a great day!

Ok I did the 3 mile walk and I am so ready to start the day! Now I know what I have been missing! I feel wonderful.. Gonna jump in the shower...lol

LUV @ YA ALL! :)

mompen
10-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Deana,

I wanted to be at goal by my birthday but I got off track for a couple months and could never seem to get back on and stay.. But since I started Core on ww... I am doing awesome! Not sure when I will make goal. I am thinking by next summer.

My reward...hmmmm.... Not sure if I have one other than looking great...lol I will have to think on that one!

As far as you.... Don't forget the Wizard of Oz movie on your reward list.....lol :) Have a great day!

BIGtimeLOSER
10-01-2004, 09:36 AM
I have such a busy day, kids are out of school, I have a BBQ lunch to participate in for Jared's Cross Country Team, I have to take the van to the transmission shop, I have to go to the doc and the hospital for preop, and I have to go to DFACS to turn in paperwork for medicaid! All this before 5pm and the hospital is an hour away! Yuck! I hope I can do it!

Well, those PMS pounds popped up after all and ruined my weigh in! Glad I weighed yesterday, or I might be upset! NOthing I ate would put 7 pounds on me over night!!! Hopefully this is my last month like this! Water by the gallon for me!

Sorry not to get personal, but I gotta get ready!

YAY to the Losers and Hugs to those who are having a week like me, it will get better, so let's not give up!!

I will do an H2O challenge next week, and a no chocolate challenge to coincide with everyone's exercise challenge. I can't exercise, but that doesn't mean I have to sit out of the challenge all together! I may be walking by the week's end, you just watch me!

bye for now, see ya this evening!

mamawithdreams
10-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Penny, I decided to start year round schooling which means school 6 weeks, give or take and break 2 weeks, give or take. Even through the summer we'll do this. I think I'll like it better and there were several reasons for doing this. So today is the last day and we will have a Fall break for the next two possibly three weeks. Then school until our Christmas break, then school for a few weeks and break to have the baby, then hopefully be back on track after that. This year will be a tough start, having the baby in the middle of it and moving into our new home and such so as long as we get our stuff done and by next August we'll be ready to start back totally on track with Alisa in the 2nd and Ally in preschool.

QOTD: on top of everyone's compliments as a reward and simply enjoying myself better and being so proud of myself my reward will be new clothes. I love clothes especially in smaller sizes. I would love to help others to lose weight and become healthier as well. That would be a great reward.

Okay, we're gonna clean mom's house this afternoon instead of this morning. So I'll be around until after nap time. TTYL

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Penny: I'm somewhat of an impulse shopper so if when we go to Walmart today to get dogfood and such, if I see The Wizard of Oz I may go ahead and buy it....LOL! I am sooooo bad!!! But I will reward myself in a good way. Right now I would love to go eat Chinese food but I have told myself that I can't go until I have hit the 20 lbs gone mark. I'm at 11.5 so far, so it will be a couple weeks til I can go. Maybe I will wait until dh is gone to Branson and try to go by myself after dropping dd at school one day. But then again, I may decide I don't want to, depends on WI's between now and then. I don't want to mess this up and I'm almost scared going there would....but I sooooo love Chinese. We'll see.

Cindi: WOW! And I thought I had a busy day. Hope you get everything done as planned. Let us know later how your day went.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day. I have to start getting ready to go too.
TTYL

spryng
10-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Good morning all!

Quick post from me... Dh has to be in Olathe by noon so we have to leave soon. I filled out an application for a job here in town that pays pretty well and I need to turn it in today. Wish me luck! I didn't want to go back to work full time but I will if it means my dh can be home every night too... sacrifices we women have to make huh? lol.
OK, can't get personal with everyone but I did have a few comments...
Crystal, when is your next ultrasound? this month right??
Kristin, did you ever get your period??
Penny, that rosemary chicken recipe is on the mom's losing weight board, I reformatted the recipe part because the page for recipes got too long and it wouldn't let me add anymore so I started a message board just for recipes there so you'll find it under Core recipes, entrees. I love that recipe, quick and easy and smells so good while it's cooking!

oh shoot! Kids banging at the door for food so I better scoot. I will be back on later so don't think I'll be MIA all day, lol. Have a great friday!! Oh and I'm not weighing in today, tom is still here and I know I'm retaining some water so I'll get a more accurate WI next week. TTYL!

chrily
10-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Morning...
I am up and about and taking a break from cleaning. I got the kitchen mostly done with the exception of the table because Nicole was still having breakfast. She feels so much better this morning. She still is wheezing a bit but not too bad. She actually got some much needed rest last night.

Be proud. She was hungry this morning and wanted "french fries" so I went through the Burger Kind drive thru to get her potato rounds and I didn't order anything for me. I'm going to eat some oatmeal in a bit I think. My big problem is exercise. What to do and when to fit it in? I do have the WATP set. Maybe I should shut up and brush the dust off of the dvd and start using it.

QOTD: When I get to my goal weight...I am going to buy me a whole new wardrobe. Mind you, it will probably be t-shirts, jeans, and such but I'm not much into dressing up. I need to think of rewards for my mini-goals. Something to keep me going.

Better yet. You know, I don't even have any mini-goals. What should they be. I definitely want to lose at the very least 15 lbs. by Christmas.

Crystal- I am ssooooo glad you got some more rest last night. I guess that's Andrew's present to you.

Penny-your picture in your posts looks great. Way to go!

Mel-congrats on your weight loss!

HI Spryng, Leigh, Deana, Jill, Michelle, Cheri, Cindy (how's your mean girl? I still love that!), and anyone else I may have missed. Have a great morning. I have to go get my butt in gear.
ttyl
~chris

MichelleRae
10-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Morning girls!!

I am so sick today I can barely open my eyes!! So this will be short and I'm assuming I may do some comfort eating *sigh* lol

Spryng good luck with the job! What will you be doing?

QOTD: I get a tummy tuck at goal, and a new wardrobe.

Penny I like the new picture :) CUTE!!

Deana oh my I hate homecoming time around here!! Good Luck!!

Crystal I'm glad you got some sleep. I think school should be year round too, the summer break is too long, the kids get bored by the end, and they forget what they learned so the first quarter is always playing catch up on what they forgot over the summer time. But thats my humble opinion on the school system lol

Ok girls I'm feelin like total crap so I'm gonna go for now!
TTYL!!
Michelle

MichelleRae
10-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Mel so sorry I forgot! Way to go on the Loss this week!! You are doing awesome!!

mompen
10-01-2004, 12:53 PM
The CORRECT way to WEIGH yourself!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/weigh.bmp

mamawithdreams
10-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks Penny, that was cute.

Spryng, good luck with the job app. We don't want you to go to work, but I know you do what you have to.

Mel, WTG on that loss. That is one big loss to be proud of.

Michelle, so sorry you're sick. I agree with you about the school stuff, that's one reason I chose to go year round.

Chris, you're right Andrew has given me a present two nights in a row. I don't think I've done anything different to cause that I just hope it continues.

We are done with school. We're having lunch then heading out the door to run errands and clean mom's house. Hope the day is going well for all of you.

mompen
10-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Afternoon Ladies...

I had a very productive day! YAH FOR ME! :D

I cleaned the yard, scrubbed down my patio set, weeded the flower gardens (4 of them) and put up the Harvest Decorations. And I did get in my whole 3 mile walk.

I am needing another shower...lol

Spryng,
What is the job details? Is sil going to be the one to watch the kids if you go back to work? Hope everything works out :)

Michelle,
I am soooo sorry you aren't feeling well today :( But don't use food for comfort! You know better and you have weigh in on Sunday!!!!!!!

Crystal,
Hope you have a good day running errands!

Chris,
Did you get the house finished? Hope dd is still doing better!

Deana,
Didcha get the movie?? DIDCHA DIDCHA???

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

MichelleRae
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
HA HA PENNY!!!!!! Yeah right!! I'm sick and don't feel like broiling a chicken breast ;) LOL JK girl I know you mean well!! And you know I love ya!! Now only if you were here to take away the junk food!! Now where are you when I REALLY REALLY need you ;)

I'm taking a nap now I'm exhausted
I hope you are all doing well
Michelle

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Good afternoon ladies.

Dh and I both went to preschool this morning with Abby. It was fun. They had a friendship party and each child brought something for the friendship mix and they mixed all together. Pretzels, popcorn, m&m's, cheese balls, gummi bears and we took milk and blue food coloring. The kids thought that was too cool. They all said it just tasted like milk. Then after they ate, they made friendship bracelets and Abby got daddy to make her a necklace with pipe cleaner and beads. She wore it for about an hour, now it's in my purse.

Penny: I absolutely LOVE that picture. I think my next WI will be done that way. Of course then I will need help up off of the floor :o :lol: We went to Walmart after school and I did get some movies but not "The" movie I wanted. Instead I got a Laurel & Hardy and an Abbott & Costello. I go the kids to watch 3 Abbott & Costello movies with me one night and they loved them. They laughed sooooo hard their sides hurt. They were really excited when I showed them I bought them. I also stopped and rented Haunted Mansion, which we just watched, Scooby Doo 2, The Missing, and Abby got Barbie: The Princess and the Pauper. I have them all til Wednesday night.

Spryng: Good luck with the job. :crossed: What kind of job is and what would the hours be? What will dh do if you start working? Will he quit and find something local or does he already have a line on a local if he quits driving?

Michelle: Soooo sorry you are sick? What is it? A cold? I didn't take the kids to the parade for Homecoming. It's rainy here and I found out hte city won't let them throw candy in parades anymore because they feel it's a safety hazard because of kids running into the street to get candy. Geees....I feel alot of the responsibility lies with the parents to teach their kids to not run out and wait for the parade to finish. I have taught mine that and I am always right with them when we go to one. So now, none of the parades will be worth going to. The kids don't care about the floats or bands so what's the point for them?

Chris: Glad dd is feeling better today. Sounds like you are getting alot done too. Hands feeling better today I hope. If you want to post starting weight, current weight, goal weight or any mini goals, go to User CP (control panel) at the top of the page and it will take you in where you can edit your signature and such. Play around with it if you want. That way we can see your progress as well and keep cheering you on :cheer: Any questions on it, just ask.

Crystal: Hope cleaning at mom's goes well.

Supper tonight is BBQ Ham sandwiches (I'll have mine on top of one piece of bread), ff cottage cheese for me, chips for them, and I'll probably have some veggies. I have 625 calories left for supper and a snack. The bread is 100, 3 oz. ham 120, 1/2 c cottage cheese 80 and veggies 1 cup 50. That's only 350 so I can either come up short for the day or have a fattening snack later while watching a movie......NAHHHHH I'll have more at supper.

I have to share this. I went to the grocery store yesterday and they were having a 12 hour meat sale. The 5 lb. water added hams were on sale for $6.99, sliced free. But it was only the extra lean ham that was on sale. I looked at the label and was shocked. The extra lean 3 oz. = 120 cals.....then I looked at the regular ham....4 oz. = 120 cal. Crazy! I suppose the difference is in the fat, but that's not what I'm watching. And I wasn't going to pay $12.05 for the regular. So I just have to eat less of the extra lean. I am such a label reader now and the nutritional values I see on low cal, low carb, fat free, etc. just astonish me. If you buy something for less of one you get more of the others. I also read an article of weight loss in Reader's Digest. April issue I think. And it sid it all boils down to calories and whether you burn them through excercise. Not sure if it is online or not. I will look and if I find it I will post a link to it.

Well......gonna go check that now. Water today.....70 oz down.

TTYL

chrily
10-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Penny-love the cartoon. I'll have to show my mom that one. Nope, I didn't get my housework done. My sister showed up so we went and got her little boy's hair cut. He looks so handsome-a real ladies man.

Michelle-Hope you get to feeling better. Lots of rest is all I have to say.

Deana-sounds like fun at the preschool. My daughter did something like that in first grade. They did it for Halloween and everybody brought one item to put in the "witch's brew". There was pretzels, popcorn, gummi bears, raisins, and all sorts of things. I thought it was a neat idea.

Also, I bow down to you...You are just a regular sponge-soaking up all that water. Drink, drink, drink...

Spryng-Did you get the job? Details, we want details...

Crystal-Have fun cleaning mom's house. Next you just need to fly up here to mine because I just poop out too fast and never get it done.

Jill, Cheri, and all the rest of you...Hi from Montana. Wishing you the best of the day.

~chris

mamawithdreams
10-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi ladies. Been back from mom's for a bit. Even though I slept so well last night, I felt so tired after doing that stuff. Anyways, I'm just hanging around on the net now. I don't ever cook big on Fridays, so I'm thinking about having breakfast for dinner and I think dh will be home late.
Deana, didn't you tell me that you were involved in girl scouts? I thought you did but I could be wrong.
Anyways, my mil ran into a lady yesterday at the library that homeschools and she is a co-leader of the Tejas Girl Scout Group and they have a special homeschool troop. Alisa will be a brownie and this lady lives less than 10 minutes from me and has a 6 year old daughter. I'm so excited about this because I found out that I can be as involved as Alisa is that way she won't have that separation problem from me. They hold meetings twice a month that she and I can both do and we can participate in as many or as few of the extra things as we want. I am really excited about this and so is she since I can do it with her. Like next weekend, they are having a 4 day camp out at a National Park and mothers and daughters stay in tents together. We can't do this because it's too soon and it's Alisa's birthday weekend, but it's still neat to know the kind of things they do and they'll start the cookie sale which Alisa is excited about. So I'm gonna talk to dh about it this weekend and it better not be a problem for him, which I don't think it will be and hopefully get her registered. The next, our first meeting would be the 14th and that's plenty of time for me to get ready for that. My mom and mil have both said anything they can do to help and take care of the others they would do. And after I have the baby they can take her to a couple of meetings if need be.
Anyways, I'm so excited about all of this and I'll tell you how it pans out. The main leader is mailing me the registration form and such. So, I guess I'll find something to do. Talk to ya later.

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
They don't have a link on the website. I can scan it if anyone is interested in reading it. The article was "Low Carb Madness; The good, the bad, and the dangerous" LMK

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Crystal: I'm not involved in Girl Scouts just yet. Abby will be 5 in January and can't start until Kindergarten. So next year I'm sure I will be. That is great that you got some info and Alisa is looking forward to it. One-on-one time is so precious to them at that age. Especially when it's mom and daughter. If dh has any problem with it, send him to me. I'll straighten him out right away.....I'm mean, just ask my kids. They will tell you I'm the meanest mom in the world but in the same breath tell you I'm the best cook in the world.....LOL. They don't know what mean is. I can't wait to see how she likes it. It will be soooo rewarding for you both. LMK.

mompen
10-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Afternoon Ladies..

Crystal,
I am so excited for Alisa! Keep us informed on what's going on!

Deana,
Congrats on all the movies! I know ya'll will have a good time watching them! You are doing awesome on plan! Keep it up!

Michelle,
Ok Ok I will not fuss anymore.. Nope not me..... Hope you are feeling better.

Chris,
I hope you had a good time with your sis :) It amazes me how much my kids change every time I get their haircut!

Well I wanna have a flex night but dh is working late. So I am not sure whats for supper yet! TTYL!

Bayleysmom
10-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been here today I've just kind of been down today. Not sure why, maybe just tired from the week and TOM and all. I haven't exercised all week except for a couple walks with mom so that could be part of it too. I spent part of the day with a friend and that was nice. I also got to see one of my aunts today and she brought Bayley a birthday present by and some cream I have been wanting. However right when she was about to leave I got a call from Bayleys Doc and they said the sample they collected was contaminated again so they had to do a catheder to make sure they were getting a clean sample. I almost wanted to cry! I know that they will be able to treat it if it is an infection of some kind but this is the first thing besides the common cold that she has had wrong with her and it is just kind of scary. So she wanted to do the catheder right away so she waited after hours for us to get there and did it for us. I thought that was very nice. However Bayley did not enjoy the cathedar as you can imagine!! So that was sad, it was fast though. I just hope they get the results back and she is either fine or it's something she can take some antibiotics for and be ok. Just kind of scared, you know?

Anyway I am just really unmotivated right now and tired and just needed to get some feelings out. Sorry that I am sounding so depressing, just knew you guys would understand and I feel better just letting some of it out. I am hoping to get to the grocery store tonight with dh and then maybe I can get some cleaning done tomorrow. Anyone have anything special planned for the weekend? I've got girls night tomorrow night but I would be up for some flylady challenges tomorrow AM if you all are up for it. LMK

I'll try to get personal later but I'm not making any promises :) Need to cook dinner and see how the night turns out with shopping and everything. Hope you all had good days! ttyl

spryng
10-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Ok ladies I am home and I'm all yours again!!! LOL! I took DH up to olathe and he didn't have a load yet so we went to baskin robbins to treat the kids to some ice cream (I had some too but I have all my weekly pts so I didn't cheat! lol) then we went to walmart and I bought myself a new pillow, one of those memory foam ones... I can't wait to sleep on it tonight. Dropped dh off at about 6:30 and I just got home a few minutes ago. The kids are glad to be free from the car.
Ok, about that job I applied for... it's a health insurance company here in town. I would be doing claims examining and maybe customer service but both pay really well. I'll find out in the next week or two if they need me and classes start at the beginning of Novemeber so if they hire me I won't start working until next month. Yah! But I really am hoping they hire me. Oh and if I get hired then DH will quit OTR driving and work for his parents... maybe. If that doesn't work he'll find a local job too and SIL said she'd watch my kids for me while I work so that is taken care of. But now it's just the ole waiting game until I know if they want me or not.
QOTD-- did I answer this yet today? I don't think so. I don't have any rewards set up for my personal goal. I'll probably just pat myself on the back and start maintaining, that seems like a reward in itself, lol. I'm pretty much in the size I'm going to be at goal so I have plenty of clothes now so shopping won't be that big a deal... maybe a new haircut or something. Not sure yet.

Jill, so sorry Bayley has had a rough day and you too! Cheer up if you can :) I'm sure TOM is one reason why you are so down today. I think I missed why Bayley needed a urine sample, is she sick??

Deana, you can post that link and I'd check it out, I like to stay on top of all the crazy things out there, lol. I think the hours I will work are 8-5 or something like that, not really sure.

Chris, how was your day?

Penny, you've been busy today!! And I wanted to let you know that I love your new avatar pic!!!! So pretty!

Michelle, is that the only way you get a day off, lol... to come down sick? Get better soon!!! :)

Anyone watch Lost on wednesday??? I LOVE that show!! I've been thinking about it all day, lol... so intriguing, just wondering if I was the only one, lol. Well I better get off here and do something since I've been gone all day. TTYL!

mompen
10-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Jill,
I am here for you girlie :) I am up for a challenge tomorrow :) HUGS TO YOU!!!! Are you challenging with us next week?

Spryng,
I sure don't want you to leave us for work but I know that you got to do what is best for your family! I hope the best for you!

Well I didn't book our flight and hotel a couple days ago and now the tickets are already up $20/person.... I gotta go book em NOW!!! EKKK!!!

BIGtimeLOSER
10-01-2004, 10:55 PM
This was such a rotten day, let me tell ya!! From the time I got up til now has been one baad thing after another! I just want to go to sleep for a long time! I spent 6 hours doing my pre-op visits! Most of that was just waiting of course! Then I found out that I have to do a bowel prep for this surgery!!!! no solid food after an early lunch tomorrow and only clear liquids for the last 24 hours! I should lose weight this week, lol!! They messed up my Medicaid and told me I didn't have it anymore, so I had to go to DFACS to fix that and it made me 30 minutes late to my first appt! Kids were rowdy and no fun all day. The bank has done something screwy with my account so I was afraid to take money out, so I had to borrow gas money from a friend! The list just goes on and on! But it's almost over! THANK GOD!!

Glad you are back Spryng! Hope you get that job!

Crystal...Girl scout thing sounds way cool!

Jill...Sorry you are down, we can cry together if you want! LOL!!

Deana...WTG on that Ham!

Hey Chris, Leigh, Kristin and Penny and everyone else! I am tired and blank again!!! This happens way too often these days!!

Love to you all!

Cindi

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Jill: So sorry about all that Bayley is going through. Hope the test comes back that it was tainted in the office the first time. Cheer up girl. I'm with Spryng that tom is wreaking havoc on you. It will pass and tomorrow will be a better day. Hope your evening went well.

Spryng: Reader's Digest didn't have a link to the article from the July issue. I thought it was April but I found my magazine. If you want, I can scan it and post here or email it to you. LMK. That job sounds great. Hope they call. We don't want to lose you M-F, 8-5 but we'll adjust and look forward to you being here in the evenings.... ;) . You can't live without us either :drill: . We have to keep each other in line you know ;) .

Penny: We watched Haunted Mansion this afternoon and I liked it. It had a good story line I thought. Started to watch Scooby Doo 2 but got interrupted so I'll maybe watch it after the kids go to sleep. I got The Missing for dh to watch and he just called a bit ago and said he volunteered to take Sunday off so that will give him 3 days off to watch it. He loves westerns.

I think I have an ear infection, which I NEVER get, but my left ear hurts and I get sharp pains especially when I burp so I used some ear drops I had tonight and hope it feels better in the morning. If not I'll use them again tomorrow. It's just a pain because I have to lay on the opposite side for like 30 minutes after I put them in. And my equilibrium has been messed up today. I almost fell over my own feet in the kitchen while fixing supper. But hopefully all will be fine tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great night. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Deana1113
10-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Cindi: Sooooo sorry you had such a rotten day. I hope it made you feel a little better to vent to us. It always does for me and that's what we're here for girlfriend. We love ya :love:. Remember, tomorrow is another fresh start. Too bad you have to do the bowel prep. What kind of surgery are you having again? Either I just can't remember you saying or I keep missing your answer in your posts. I'm kinda brain dead lately. We'll be thinking about you on Monday.

chrily
10-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Cindi- Sorry to hear about today. Tomorrow will be better for you.

My day went from good to not so good. Nicole (my little darling) threw sand in my nephew's face and he got a ton of sand in his eye. Gotta love those fights between 2 yr. olds. Anyhow we had to take him to the doctor to flush his eye out. They had to use almost a whole bag of saline on his eye. They flushed it 6 times and hopefully they got it all. I'm sure his eye is scratched. They sent him home with opthalmolic antibiotic ointment. Poor dude. And of course my little angel :devil: shows no remorse.

Jill-Please don't feel so down. Nicole had e.coli in one urine culture before. She only had to take antibiotics. My doc says its pretty common in girls. No worries. Hakuna Matata!!!! Best advice I have is to do something to keep you busy.

Spryng-sounds like a job for me. I have always wanted an office job or something in accounting. My sister works at the hospital here doing patient records and she loves it.

Crystal-my little girls are supposed to be in Girl Scouts this year but they have yet to find a leader. Tiana had fun in it before so I hope they get her going soon.

Michelle...rest, rest, rest! Get feeling better soon.

Penny, Deana, and all the rest of the elite group of SAHM's...Have a good night and see you in the morning.

MichelleRae
10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi ladies!!

Sorry not too much time to get personal, as I'm at work right now!

Jill so sorry that bayley had to get a catheter when taylor had pneumonia it took 4 people to hold her down and one to put it in, but she has a condition where her urethra (I think thats what its called, the pee hole in less scientific terms) is very very small, so it made it very hard to put the catheter in and very painful. We had to put estrogen cream on it for awhile when she was a baby to help it develop.

Spryng glad to have you back ;) Missed ya!!

Penny you know I was just giving you a hard time girly!! You can fuss at me any damn time you like, btw thanks for making me feel guilty about eating badly today ;) JK!!!!

Chris so sorry you had a rough day, man if its not one thing its another eh? Hope you have a better evening. :grouphug:

Deana How are ya?

Geri I'm missing you girly!!

I know I'm forgetting someone :( But hello to all!! :wave:
More tomorrow
Michelle

mamawithdreams
10-02-2004, 08:02 AM
starting a new thread