Old 09-30-2004, 11:24 PM   #1  

Unhappy Anyone trying ONE MORE TIME

I have failed at every attempt to lose weight all my life. I always quit before I reach my goal. Has anyone been successful at trying ONE MORE TIME?? I am ready to try again, but am wondering if it is worth the feeling of failure. I need to lose 100 pounds, but 50 would be great. I am trying to look at this as a change of eating habits, not a diet.
Uno21785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey there. There are quite a few 'loosers' here that have been successful in taking off a significant amount of weight and keeping it off. You are right in that you need to change your habits but the best bet is to start slow, otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure if you set lofty goals that might be impossible to reach at this stage. My new philosophy is to work on losing 1 lbs a week and at the end of the year I"ll have lost 52 lbs. You can't beat that.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 AM   #3  
Newbie to Core

One more time and hopefully my last also......I have never been on a diet long enough to lose 20 lbs - ever!!! I was on WW about 1 1/2 yrs ago and found I wasn't disciplined enough to count my points. I lasted about 10 weeks and since then I have gained 50 lbs. When I heard about the Core plan I jumped on it. I had my first weigh-in on Wed and lost 5.4 lbs. WUHUU!!! I was totally obsessed with food the first week though. I don't think I thought of anything else the whole time. I also think I went thru carbohydrate withdrawals so I was not the easiest person to be around.

Jen - I agree with you about starting slow. It's really hard to be patient and persistent but I'd rather lose it slowly and have all of my bad habits changed permanently.

One thing I have been thinking for the past week and half since starting Core is that this program drills behavior modification into you on a daily basis. I don't find that I am trying to have it all like I did on the points system. I know what I can have and I know what my weekly points allowance is so that I can have something every once in a while instead of all the time (i.e. dessert & pizza etc). I still feel somewhat deprived because I still want all those things that I am used to eating but I am not hating the fact that I am eating healthier, making better choices, have more energy and losing weight to boot!!!

I look forward to hearing more from you more and seeing how great you do!!!! In the meantime, keep reading from the people who are losing - it's been a great support for me.
jorninsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:23 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

That's me!! I am trying one more time. And if I fail (which I won't), I will dust myself off and try again. See, I can't give up because I am not happy being this way. So I have to find a way to make it work. I have failed so many times. I have lost 40 lbs many times only to gain it all back with interest.

There are MANY MANY successful losers on this board. Maybe take a peek in the maintainers forum to find them. I am pretty sure that ALL of them had tried a million times before.

I think your looking at this as a chamge in eating habits and not a diet is great. A diet is something you are on or off. We need to make lifetime changes. You need to find something you can do for the rest of your life. I have 172 lbs to lose. I only have 4 off right now (just started over on 9/20). I don't care how long it takes. i am looking at every day as a new opportunity to get it right.

I think Jen has a great idea. Can you make enough changes to lose 1 lb a week???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I have tried many many many times and failed each time. This latest attempt started on August 12, and although I am not perfect, Ijust try to to make more good choices than bad and take baby steps. My first week I cut out soda, switched to wheat bread and started eating fruit,.. And although I admit, this last week or so I have not been as diligent as I need to be, I am still drinking water, doing my Leslie Sasnsone dvd and eating low fat when i can. The other day whenhubby brought home white bread on accident, i had no deisre to eat it! Last saturday at the fall festival, greasy fries made my chest and head hurt,..its weird how your body adjusts. Take it one step at a time and we can do it!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I am in the "ONE LAST TIME" because I'm in it for the long haul this time and I WON'T FAIL. My mindset is right this time. You have to be ready and willing to lose the weight or you will keep doing it over and over. This time I know that it will take me a while to lose it and I don't expect to wake up next week at 150 pounds. Now hopefully by the end of next year I'll be there but if not, as long as I'm still working toward that goal is all that matters to me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
I don't care how long it takes. i am looking at every day as a new opportunity to get it right.
Sandi, baby, you're the greatest! I love how absolutely determined you are. I know, I know, I've told you a hundred times, but here goes again. I firmly believe that you are going to succeed; there is no doubt in my mind. Thank you so much for never, ever giving up. You are a truly remarkable woman and you inspire me every day.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote