Old 09-30-2004, 07:26 PM   #1  

Default recipes :)

Hello to all of you Jaded Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. Just thought I would send some of my favorite recipes your way.

Easy Shrimp- 2 strips turkey bacon or Canadian bacon
1 chopped onion
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1 rib celery chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
16 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp Worstershire sauce
1 tsp hot-pepper sauce
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined

Cook the bacon in a large skillet over med heat until crisp. Place on paper towel plate to drain. when cooled the crumble. Leave drippings in skillet and cook the bell pepper and celery for 5 min- or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 min. Add tomotoes with juice, black pepper, bay leaf, Worstershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Heat skillet to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 min. Add shrimp and bacon and cook for 10 mon, or until the shrimp are opaque. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.

Serves 4/ this is a phase 1 recipe

Spice Rubbed Chicken Fingers w/ cilantro dipping sauce (this is a quick meal)

1tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1/2 c cilantro sprigs
1/4 c parsley sprigs
1/4 c blanched slivered almonds (can find in the baking section at walmart)
1 clove garlic
1 serrano pepper, seeded
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp water

Coat a grill rack or a broiler- pan rack w/ cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.
In a cup, combine chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cut two 1/2" deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken pressing into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pam and coat completely w/ cooking spray. Let stand for 10 min.
In a food processor ( I use a chopper) combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, salt and chili powder. Process until chopped. Add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stop the machine a few times to scrape down the sides until the sauce is smooth. Pour sauce into a bowl, stir in the water, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times for 15 min. Serve w/ sauce.

serves 4/ phase 1 recipe
on a side note I do the chili powder, cumin and salt mixture 4 x's the recipe for spicer chicken.

Vegatarian Chili w/ avocado salsa

avocada salsa:
1 med avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped finely
1 small tomoto, chopped finely
1/4 red onion, chopped finely
1 clove minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lg lime
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

veg chili
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper
can black beans, rinsed and drained (14-19 oz)
can vegetable broth (14 oz)
can green chile peppers chopped (4oz- find in Mexican section of walmart)
2 tsp chili powder
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 c fat-free sour cream
1 lime in quarters
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
12 whole wheat pita crisps (ph 2 or 3)

avocado salsa: In a large bowl combine the avocado, tomoto, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, cumin and pepper. Lightly toss. Let mixture stand for 30 min.

veg chili: Heat the oil in a 6 quart pan over med high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stir frequently for 3 min. Add beans, tomotoes (w/ juice), broth, chili peppers, garlic, cumin, chili powder and oregano and simmer for 20 min. Serve w/ the avocado salsa, sour cream, and lime wedges. Sprinkle w/ cilantro. If using pita crisps serve on the side.

Makes 6 servings

Let me know if any of you try these and if you liked and I can post more later Have a great evening all
midwest gal is offline   Reply With Quote