Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #1  

Default New to WW Online

Hi everyone,

I have been on ww many times before and have decided that this time is it. I know this program works, and it is what I need to stick with to lose weight and get healthy.
Anyway, I just signed-up this week for the online program, very impressive! My question is, does it prompt you automatically every week to weigh-in, and enter your weight for the week, or how does it work?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Mittens,

Congratulations on a clean start. I believe that if you enter the WW site via the home page it will remind you to weigh-in on the day of the week you've selected. (I have other pages bookmarked, so I very really access the site via the home page.)
Old 09-30-2004, 06:50 PM   #3  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

Lightbulb

I have been contemplating subscribing to the WW online tools .. I didn't want to join the meetings and then sign up online(two different fees) .. but I just checked and it looks like now you can subscribe online without being a meeting member ... I think I may just go for it! I know many people on WW and have seen success, but does it work? I mean, you can eat almost anything as long as you do not exceed your points for the day? Is this correct? Any insight would be absolutely fabulous!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:08 PM   #4  
Want to see less of me

Snap .. I was wrong. You still have to be a meeting member to sign up. You need a code, I think that is a farce! They want meeting fees and online fees. That is expensive once you add it all up!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #5  

Orangecupcakes - You were right the first time! You have to be a meeting member and get an access code to sign up for e-tools (which is the on-line journal, points database, points calculator etc.), but you can sign up to be an on-line member without going to meetings. That's really the point of joining on-line - it's for people who don't want to/can't go to meetings. I'm doing on-line only and do not go to meetings.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #6  

Cece,

Thanks for your reply. How long have you been doing WW online? Are you enjoying it more than the traditional ww meetings?
This is only my first week, but I love it! So much good information and tools to help us on our weight loss journey. I was amazed at all of the recipes!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 PM   #7  
Want to see less of me

Can you get an eTools number if you join online?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #8  

I'm not really sure, but I think that the etools are included automatically when you join online. I have been able to use the point calc, point tracker, etc. So it looks like they are part of the online program. Someone else may know for sure??
Old 10-02-2004, 02:49 PM   #9  

Mittens is right - when you join on-line you get access to everything included in e-tools.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #10  

I was online for a few months, but I made the mistake of asking them to give me review my points amount since I was nursing and they kicked me off. The did give me a refund for the current month since I was only a week into it. It really ticked me off though! I have four children ages 6, 5, almost 2, and now a 5 month old. How am I supposed to drag all of them to a meeting???? Anyway. Online is actually cheaper than the meetings. I went to meetings before becoming pregnant, but was inactive when I joined online. The e-tools, is actually just a cheaper version of the online subscription. It is a supplement to those who are also going to the meetings. I liked it, but I think I will get as much out of this site for free that I got out of WW online. I am planning on making my own points journal using excel, and will use it the way I did their website, which was the tool I used the most.
Good luck.
J
Closed Thread