South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default Pre-cooked chicken strips

If I recall there was a post about this before and someone said not to use them cause they always have added sugar. I used some Perdue Short Cuts last night and didn't see any sugar or cornstarch, or whatever in the ingredients at all. It did list sugars as 1, so I'm not sure where that comes from. But it all looked pretty good to me. I used the Italian Style grilled.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:23 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Wendy, I'd be a little concerned that it has any sugar in it because it is chicken which has 0 carbs and 0 sugar. I tried looking it up on the web and I couldn't find the ingredients but I do see that the Italian style perdue short cuts have 3 grams of carbs and 1 gram of sugar. Can you list what the ingredients are?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #3  

Nope, cause 1) I threw the package away, and 2) I'm at work and I ate it at home last night. But I'll try to see if I have anymore. I could be mistaken about it being the Italian Style - I know I looked at those in the store but maybe I got just plain old roasted instead.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had looked at the roasted chicken as well and that said 2 grams of carbs but no sugar carbs, so they are putting something in it.

I prefer to buy chicken tenderloins (about 1/4th a chicken breast, frozen) and grill them on my george foreman. It wasn't Perdue that I bought before, but I did buy some precooked chicken breast strips from Tyson and I didn't like the taste at all. Tasted fake to me.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:14 AM   #5  

I don't like the Tyson but the Perdue are pretty good. I think that I will continue to use them sometimes - I can live with 2 grams of carbs. I do grill chicken strips and freeze them, but sometimes I run out and in the upcoming winter months I won't be able to grill outside as often either. I don't have a Foreman grill and won't be getting one because I have birds and I can't use Teflon coated appliances around them.

They are just too convenient for me to totally eliminate them!
Closed Thread