General Diet Plans and Questions - ww exchange plan

View Full Version : ww exchange plan

wwgal
04-28-2001, 12:41 PM
IS there anyone doing the weight watchers exchange plan from way back when. I tryed the
points and it didn;t work for me so i am back to the exchanges. If anyone else is doing this
please lets talk

monicaphd
05-01-2001, 09:32 PM
wwgal. I would love to talk to you, but I need the exchange plan! I am on a desparate search to find it! I lost 35 pounds in 1991 on it and find it easier and healthier than the points. If you can help, let me know!

thanks..Monica
monicaphd@aol.com

wwgal
05-01-2001, 10:19 PM
I don;t have an extra copy but if you like i can post it here. I know how hard it is to find the
old ww material. I have the 96 freedom plan if you would like me to post that.

monicaphd
05-01-2001, 11:16 PM
That would be fantastic if you posted it! I am not sure if it will be the same one that I did in the early 90's, but I will try it if it is comparable!
Thanks!!!!

wwgal
05-02-2001, 09:35 AM
do you remember anything about the program?

Kelly_S
05-03-2001, 05:16 PM
1) I have a 7 day Quick Start Plus Journal I did in Excel (for weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4+)

2) I have a journal that combines EATING BY THE NUMBERS (selections) with POINTS (I have this in Excel and Word).

If anyone wants it just e-mail me:

cowgirl_up_today@hotmail.com

grannyl
05-05-2001, 06:09 PM
I would love to have a look at this also, if you don't
mind. TIA

jennifa
05-05-2001, 08:17 PM
You can usually find older WW cookbooks (not the materials, mind you) that have the program in the
front of the books at used bookstores, antique shops, and garage sales. Many library associations will have
weekly book sales, and I can always find at least one WW cookbook that has the plan in it.

You may also want to do a search on "food pyramid" and find the USDA's website. This is very
very similar to the exchange program.

Good luck!

wwgal
05-05-2001, 10:34 PM
I am still looking for my material. I just went on vacation and i am hoping i didn;t leave it there

morna
05-06-2001, 03:27 PM
Hi, I just joined today and was pleased to hear of someone else doing the old ww exchange plan. I do not want to go back to ww meetings and I had great success with the exchange plan, I lost 60 pounds in the early 90's with it. I started on it again in October 2000 and have lost 34.5 lbs. so far. I have all of the information they passed out at the meetings. If you still need the info just e-mail me and I will send it to you.

Norma

monicaphd
05-07-2001, 05:01 PM
Norma,

Yes, yes, yes! Anything you have would be great! You can e-mail me, fax, call. . . whatever! (smile) I was very successful on that plan as well! I need it desperatley
Also, I checked out your profile...are you sure we aren't friends? I read, fish and crochet, and am a sales manager for the telephone company here! Small world....

i look forward to your post or email.
Monica
monicaphd@aol.com

grannyl
05-07-2001, 05:17 PM
I by all means would love all the info you have also! My email addy is:
grannyl@iowatelecom.net
Am looking forward to recieving all the stuff. Again, Thanks!

Blonde_in_BC
05-10-2001, 06:45 PM
I'm looking for one of the original exchange programs from WW. It was a very basic program, but I lost weight on it. It was 1990-1991 program. I'm currently on Winning Points and finding it a struggle. Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Jodie

monicaphd
05-10-2001, 08:06 PM
Blonde,

One of the other members had a great idea that I just tried. Order one of the old cookbooks! I went to www.half.com and ordered two ww cookbooks with the copyright of 1991. They always have the plan in the front of the book! I am doing the points now too, and have lost 4 pounds in the first week, but i truly find the exchange program healthier and easier to follow. Good luck and thanks nc mom for starting the thread. It looks like there are many who feel the way you do.

Regards, Monica

wwgal
05-11-2001, 10:36 AM
SO how is everyone doing on the plan? I have not been doing that great but i am not giving up.

you can also watch ebay for ww things.

does everyone have the exchange plan because i found my material if anyone needs me to
post it here. I have the 94-95 and 96 material.

monicaphd
05-11-2001, 12:07 PM
Hi ww gal. Norma so graciously faxed me the program so after I weigh in tomorrow, I am going to start following the exchange plan probably starting with the basic and as I lose weight go down to the eat less. I was very sucessful with this method. Why are you struggling? Not enough food? water? Let us know!

Kelly_S
05-11-2001, 12:52 PM
For those who asked for copies of my journal to be e-mailed I just did that today. Sorry work has been a bear!

If anyone else wants one please e-mail me at cowgirl_up_today@hotmail.com

wwgal
05-11-2001, 05:31 PM
I have been having a hard time because i have had such chocolate cravings, but i am back
on track today.

Kelly_S
05-11-2001, 05:46 PM
If anyone wants my stuff please e-mail me first that way I can do just a reply. I tend to switch letters and stuff when I copy it down.

Kel

cowgirl_up_today@hotmail.com

monicaphd
05-11-2001, 05:58 PM
wwgal.

I read a post where someone suggested fat free chocolate pudding mixed with whipped cream. Or How about using your optional calories. I will post tomorrow after I weigh in! Wish me luck

Monica

morna
05-12-2001, 02:09 PM
I have a question for you all. On the ww exchange plan you are allowed a 5 oz. raw potato, 4 oz. cooked.
When you cut up a 5 oz potato into fries and bake them, that 5 oz. potato shrinks up to about half. Does that mean that you can start out with a 8=9 oz. potato that shrinks up and still have 4 oz. cooked? What do you think?

monicaphd
05-13-2001, 11:39 AM
Morna,

I think when ww talks about cooked potatoes, they may mean mashed potatoes. Hopefully, they have taken into account that we are not going to eat a raw potatoe (though I have never tried ), and they mean that if you cut up a 5oz potatoe and bake it or make baked fries from it, then it will be your starch vegetable exchange. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Also, anyone needing the general overview of the program should ask Norma! It was exactly what i needed even though I had already ordered two old cookbooks!

Monica

Blonde_in_BC
05-14-2001, 01:48 PM
Monica,

Thank you for the cookbook suggestion. I will look around for it. Unfortunately, I use to have it but gave it away some time ago :(

Thanks again,
Jodie

tornadoterr
05-14-2001, 06:03 PM
HELP!!! I have 3 of the old plans, 1994, 1995 and 1996 or 97,(Ithink thats the Freedom Plan. Which one are you all doing??? Im not sure which one I want to follow. Any Ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!!!

Joycelyn
05-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Does anyone have a copy of this plan in detail? It's the one that
allowed unlimited fruits. Were dried fruits unlimited as well.
It was the best plan they ever had.
Just want to get it right. Thanks. Joycelyn

djl1001
05-23-2001, 05:07 PM
For those of you looking for the exchanges check out the thread Freedom Plan. I posted the exchanges there.Hope I can be of help to someone.
Donna

Aprill
05-27-2001, 06:38 AM
I don't EVER remember unlimited fruits! In the fat and fiber plan we could have MORE fruits, but never unlimited. Unlimited veggies...yes.

Aprill

Aprill
05-27-2001, 06:40 AM
Why is there such a time difference in when I post? RIGHT NOW IT IS 5:42 AM on Sunday morning ... but it has me posting at 10:39 AM or something on Sunday... that is a 5 hour difference.

Thanks... Aprill

djl1001
05-27-2001, 11:13 AM
I just dug out my book on the Freedom Plan and on page 22 it says fruits and vegetables are free foods. One exception is the starchy veggies.
Donna

Aprill
05-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Thanks for that information! I will have to see if I can find my old book ... I am SO disorganized!

OK! I would LOVE all the fruit I can eat! Much easier for me to eat fruit than it is to eat veggies.

Thanks again for that information and so sorry that I didn't remember it.

Aprill

I am so thankful for this board !!

homecadle
05-27-2001, 09:34 PM
Hi--I have ordered some of the older ww books on ebay and they have not arrived yet. I can't stand this weight any longer and need to start on Monday. I would like to have the Quick Start info, but I do not have excel--does anyone have it in word/works format? Remember, I'm really DESPERATE--got to start on MONDAY--

Shirley in NW Fl
dec@cyou.com

LWEST
05-29-2001, 12:03 AM
HI, MY NAME IS SYLVIA
I HAVE BEEN DOING THE OLD PROGRAM ON MY OWN FOR A WHILE NOW AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT IF WE TALKED ABOUT SOME OF THE FOODS WE EAT OR HOW MANY CARBS. WE EAT OR HOW MUCH PROTIEN WE HAVE IN A DAY. I THINK IT WOULD ME A LOT. WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU.

SYLVIA

homecadle
05-29-2001, 11:45 AM
Hi Sylvia--glad to hear from you--please send me your email address and we can contact each other via email--mine is dec@cyou.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from a weightloss buddy--I sure need all of the help I can get!!

Shirley in NW Fl
dec@cyou.com

Longsideowner
05-29-2001, 01:49 PM
My daughter and I are thinking about joining Weight Watchers. Could anyone relate if you really lose weight on the points system

Kelly_S
05-29-2001, 02:11 PM
I've lost over 40 pounds and kept it off but it's not a cure. I know that if I don't journal, count points, etc. I won't keep it off.

Longsideowner
05-29-2001, 02:26 PM
Is there anyone out there that can email me any info they have on Weight Watchers. My email is mc@acadian.net Thanks a lot

RaceWalker
06-02-2001, 08:28 PM
I have never seen the beauty of this new points plan no matter how many people have told me how wonderful it is. I have always loved the exchange plan, whether WW or the diabetic exchange. I like the WW better because of the floating exchanges and optional calories. Enough flexibility to make it liveable but not dangerous, yano? :)

I have found old WW materials at yard sales and second hand stores and snapped them up like a mad woman. I'm not sure what exact program they are, but anything in the exchange line is good for me.

I also don't recall unlimited fruit, only unlimited veggies. But they did change from year to year, so anything is possible, eh?

I'm so glad to have found all of you! :)