Support Groups - Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #21

View Full Version : Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #21

NicoleNYC
09-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi Girls :flow1:

Thought it was time for a new thread as the old one was getting mighty old and long with all our :blah: Of course, I love the :blah: and can't get enough of it.

I'm still trying to haul myself back on track. I'm counting points and all that good stuff. Doing fairly well. I'm hoping to be down a few on my official weigh in day. I'm not sure when that will be. Sunday, maybe? Then my weeks can officially start on Monday. Wait. That would make Monday morning my weigh in. That's good enough for me. I'm trying to keep a fairly involved journal for some accountability - wish me luck.

How are things with all of you?

B

Fat in Hong Kong
09-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi Brandy, good luck with the journal ... hope it helps :)

I'm very, very pleased to say that since Monday, on my new (old) diet plan, I've managed to get back down to where I was before my birthday celebrations created havoc on the scales :dizzy: ... so my weight loss record is now up to date once again :smug:

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC
10-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Congratulations! Woo-woo!

Keeping a journal is helping, I think. I am too lazy to WRITE, but I type pretty fast so it's just easier. And instead of trying to keep up with a notebook, it's web based so it's always available. And since each entry has a title (and you can do several a day), it's easy to find and update old entries (to-do lists, or just finish up a thought I was having). And it's something "new" to play with. Which is always fun.

Hope the rest of the girls find us and again, congrats on your up-to-date stats!!!

B

NicoleNYC
10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, at least I'm back in the 240s again. Only ten to go to get back to my 10% (again). I'm feeling pretty good about it and not like it's drudgery to watch what I eat just now so hey, perhaps it won't take all that long.

Hope you guys are all having a great weekend!

B

NicoleNYC
10-04-2004, 10:49 AM
:mad: Ok, so I was down to 249 and now I'm back to 252. No excuses, I was just very not careful over the weekend.

Today I am going to start exercising. I'm going to do the PBS (primary back stretch from TTapp, it's a full body stretch, the whole sequence is about 5 minutes but it pretty much hits everything and it always makes me feel READY to exercise) and the 1 mi WATP. That's only about 25 minutes, total, but I have to start somewhere!

Hope all is well with all you girls. I'm going to post one last post to the old thread so maybe you guys will get a notification and find us over here!

Happy New Week :flow1:

Fat in Hong Kong
10-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Hi Brandy ... for some reason I got a notification for the old post, but not for this one ... can't understand that? :?: Oh well, I new you were here anyway so thought I'd just check-in. :)

I too was not careful over the weekend, so when I weigh-in again on Friday I'll probably be back up a few pounds!! Just can't seem to manage to get into the 160's ... but then I know why that is ... I just need to try harder!

I wish I had your enthusiasm for exercise ... everyday I promise myself that I'm going walking, but when I get home from work I feel so tired that I just want to collapse on the bed!! :tired: I really need to find the motivation from somewhere to make me do it!

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong
10-08-2004, 06:19 AM
Brandy, looks like it's just the two of us :)

Well, I've had an absolutely terrible week diet-wise ... just seems that after every good week I have, a bad one follows!! :( I haven't stopped eating ... especially chocolate ... and it's not even TOM!! :o Consequently, I know I've gained weight and I'm not even bothering to weigh myself this week. I'm sick and tired of not being able to stick to a plan for any longer than a week or two. You would think that having lost 4lbs last week it would give me an incentive to be good again this week ... but no!! Although it's a simple diet plan to follow, I think I have a problem being limited to so much of certain foods, such as pasta or rice, and then I end up having more than I should, and before I know it I'm totally off track ... again!! So once again I'm back to square one! :o

If you haven't seen it already, there's a fantastic article about weight loss over on the 'Support' thread called 'Excellent Article on Weight Loss' posted by 'funniegrrl' ... definitely worth a look. It's convinced me ... 'Calories Count'! ... No more messing around with low fat, or low carb, or higher protein diets, or whatever ... at the end of the day I really do believe that it's the amount of calories that we consume that matters ... and I feel relieved to read it. With so many different diets around, I've been totally confused about which one would be the right one for me, consequently hopping from one to another over the years ... and becoming a perpetual yo-yo dieter :( I know that I'm not the type of person who can be deprived of anything on a diet ... if I'm told I can only have 6oz of pasta each day, I want 10oz! ... If I'm told I can't drink alcohol, I want the bottle! ... If I'm told I can only have so much red meat each week, I will eat the cow!! :lol:

When I look back over recent years at how many times I've started new diets, only to fall off track after a week or two ... I think it's finally dawned on me that I've just been trying them in the hope that they were going to work miracle ... cut out all the fat and I'll lose weight ... cut out the carbs and I'll lose weight, etc. Basically, it's really simple ... if we eat more calories than our body needs, we'll get fat. So, by the same token ... if we consume less calories ... we'll lose weight ... not exactly rocket science is it?

So ladies, although I was complaining last week about how tedious it is having to count calories, or points, or whatever, I've now come to the conclusion that for me, calorie counting is the way to go. At least I won't feel deprived ... I will stick to healthier options most of the time, but if I want some choccie or a whole bottle of wine to myself this weekend :o I'll be happy in the knowledge that I know I can have it ... as long as I stick within my calories!!

This is a happier Nichola signing off for the weekend ... hope you all have a good one! :cheers:

NicoleNYC
10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi Nichola! Sounds like you're on to something - have a great w/e, btw. And let us know how it goes. I'm with you on calorie counting. I try to make better choices but I don't do well with eliminating all things with fat or everything with sugar. I might do well for a bit, but I can't LIVE that way.

I've had a so-so week. A few good days, a few days where it was like I just wasn't paying attention. I'm farily disappointed in myself for having gained back so much and I'm eager to have it gone. Wish me luck.

B

Fat in Hong Kong
10-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Brandy, I'm sure we'll get there in the end ... one way or another!

I couldn't agree with you more about trying to eliminate foods with fat and sugar from our diet ... the majority of us simply can't live like that ... maybe for a week or two, but then we begin to crave the things that we're not supposed to have and end up feeling deprived ... so we fall off track and we're back to where we started ... maybe even with a few more extra pounds on board due to having a binge on the foods we were trying to eliminate!

No more yo-yoing for me ... I'm back to counting calories ... and I'll eat whatever I fancy ... not what some faddy diet plan tells me I'm allowed to eat ... but of course, I will stick to healthier food choices most of the time :)

Just thought I'd tell you about something funny that happened to me this morning ... Decided to hop on the scales to see what damage has been done over the past week (they are digital scales which I've had for a long time). Instead of the pounds registering it kept flashing something which I thought said 'fAt'!?? :o ... but what it was actually saying was 'bAt' ... the battery needs replacing!! :lol: ... Do you think the scales are trying to tell me something!! :o

Nichola

NicoleNYC
10-09-2004, 11:20 AM
No more yo-yoing for me ... I'm back to counting calories ... and I'll eat whatever I fancy ... not what some faddy diet plan tells me I'm allowed to eat ... but of course, I will stick to healthier food choices most of the time :)

That's my new motto! Right there!

Just thought I'd tell you about something funny that happened to me this morning ... Decided to hop on the scales to see what damage has been done over the past week (they are digital scales which I've had for a long time). Instead of the pounds registering it kept flashing something which I thought said 'fAt'!?? :o ... but what it was actually saying was 'bAt' ... the battery needs replacing!! :lol: ... Do you think the scales are trying to tell me something!! :o

AHHHH!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Now THAT is funny!

I'm still doing WW which is essentially counting calories. I'm starting my week over TODAY and dragging out all my "inspirationl materials" - you know, reading about the success of others. I hope that gets me moving.

Fat in Hong Kong
10-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Brandy, glad you are amused :) ... Changed the battery and guess what ... I'm back up the 4lbs that I lost last week!! :o ... Which is the same 4lbs that I lost 4 weeks ago, then regained 3 weeks ago, then lost 2 weeks ago ... and finally regained this week!! :eek: ... Now that's what I call yo-yo dieting!! :o

Back to counting calories :) I actually feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, not having to worry about what I can or can't eat ... just stick within my calorie allowance and enjoy whatever I fancy eating without feeling like I've 'broken' my diet because I've eaten chocolate, or because I've eaten a couple of extra ounces of pasta over what my 'diet plan' allows.

I often still think about Ali and the way she lost all of her weight ... by counting calories ... She did fantastically, and always said she never felt deprived because she could eat whatever she wanted as long as she stayed within her calories. I'd love to know what happened to her ... so strange how she just suddenly disappeared. But whenever I feel like giving up, I'm going to think of Ali and hopefully it'll be the inspiration that I need to carry on ... if she could lose all that weight successfully, then I'm sure that I can lose the 40ish pounds that I need to lose. What was it she used to say? ... "You are only a failure if you give up trying." Well, we haven't given up have we? ... WE WILL SUCCEED! :D

Nichola

PS - I'm not changing my weight loss record because that darn 4lbs will be gone again very soon!!

NicoleNYC
10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies, where ever you may be ;)

And good morning Nichola! I'm glad you're keeping me company! I think you'll do very well counting calories. You seem like me in that we regularly have "splurges" in our lives and they are not on any diet's "approved" list! And we do have Ali as proof that calorie counting WORKS!

I actually 're-started' a few days ago but I like to start on a Monday. So TODAY I've just sort of scootched my restart over, re-set my sig, and I'm going for broke. I just have to get MOVING. I've promised myself something very nice if I can get alllll the way to Sunday without going over (I'll probably use every stink' Target, Flex, and Activity Point I can scrape together). I don't know WHAT yet, but SOMETHING. I am not above taking (and making) bribes!

Hope you guys are all ready to have a great week - I am!

B

britjo67
10-13-2004, 06:47 PM
:eek:

What am I like????

Stop getting e-mail notifications and forget about everything.

I've had a lot going on though, I'm juggling my degree with working in a law firm and I've just been chosen (one of only 12) to be on a high profile course at the Uni which involves 'hands on' lawyer stuff :eek:

Can't remember what my signature says, but I'll see it when I click on Submit Reply......but I'm at 233.5 at the moment. Not really on plan, but I guess it's being too busy to sit still that stops me regaining.

Went to see my doc last week and he's very happy with the weight loss and the fact that my numbers (blood sugar/cholesterol) are all going down as I lose weight...so I didn't even get told off this time!!!! :^:

Oooooh Brandy, I got Sims 2 this weekend....it made me think of you, which is why I'm back and posting if I'm honest! :rolleyes:

Right I need my bed..... :tired: working too much at the moment, and having late nights and early mornings....so the plan is to be in bed before eleven tonight.

Take care all :grouphug:

Jo

ecchs
10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi Everyone!

Jo! Congrats on your lower test numbers and your sustained loss. And Kudos for your Uni recognition...they wouldn't ask you if they didn't think you could do a great job! Bravo!

Nichola, Brandy...big hugs and bouquets for keeping this thread alive. I am so bad for forgetting to check and being away for weeks at a time. Here's to staying in touch.

I joined Curves (a women's workout chain) and have been going pretty regularly. I'm going to start working in better food choices now. I've pretty much determined that PLANNING (and I'm SURE I've said this before ) is going to make or break my success. A goal is a dream with a plan right? So I've grabbed my binder and am determined to plan well enough that I can't make excuses for my eating.

I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I plan on having a GREAT time. We've even booked a room at the hotel that it's taking place at and we'll be stumbling home. I'm going to enjoy it and then keep on keeping on.

Hope you girls are all healthy and happy. Talke to you again SOON!

Lorraine

NicoleNYC
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Yay! :dance: Our girls are coming back to us!

As for me, yesterday I had a :idea: moment. I was just sick to death of trying to count and all that thinking about food was NOT helping. So as of yesterday I'm taking time off from WW, but not time off from trying to lose. I'm just going to try to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full and stop using food when I'm :halfempty bored. I more or less kept busy all day and ended up eating about half what I do when I'm properly on WW and I felt fine. AND I wasn't thinking about points and numbers and blah blah blah :rolleyes: It may not be a long term solution but I was just not getting anywhere with WW. This may only last a day or two, but I just needed a break from all the food obsession.

Lorraine, how do you like Curves? We have one here that's not far but I'd have to walk through a dodgy hood to get there. I think for now I'll stick with WATP but I'm very curious about Curves. Tell me what you think. have fun at your wedding thing!!! It sounds like a blas :hyper:

Jo, I haven't had time to properly play Sims 2! I got it just before we went on vacation and I just keep forgetting I have it. Guess what I'LL be doing with the rest of MY morning :chin: Congrats on your weight loss, your good doc stuff, and everything you have going on at school!

Nichola, hope you pop in soon!

I'm off to play Sims2 :flow1:

B

britjo67
10-15-2004, 03:58 PM
I can't remember if I ever recommended it to you, but Brandy there is a great book which may help with your new attitude to losing weight.

When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But) by Geneen Roth.

It's well worth a read, and may help if you're putting eating into perspective. Good luck!!!

Lorraine, lovely to see you again!!! Enjoy the wedding and start afresh on Monday!!!

NicoleNYC
10-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Jo, thanks for the rec. I'm looking it up on amazon right now!

I'm still not counting and only eating when I'm hungry - I've lost a little and I don't feel as super-obsessed with food. Fingers crossed.

B

Fat in Hong Kong
10-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've not been around for a few days ... had a bit of a busy week. Wasn't feeling too well last week either ... struck down with a tummy bug and then feeling under the weather due to having a rotton cold & sore throat!! :( Consequently, I didn't feel much like throwing myself into my new eating plan, but am feeling much better now so I'm hoping to have a good week this week.

TOM is due to arrive in couple of days and I'm feeling really bloated ... hopped on the scales this morning and they are up even further than the last time I weighed myself!! I know some of it is probably fluid retention, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it!! :mad: Anyway, decided to update my weight loss record and start afresh from today, because right now I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast ... I said I wasn't going to alter it because I was determined to get back to where I was, but doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. Over the past few weeks I've lost and gained the same few pounds so many times it's getting embarrassing!! :o

It's half-term holiday here this week, so no school for the kids, and no work for me ... YIPEEE!! :cp: Tom is taking part in a swimming competition today so I had to take him to school really early this morning as he had to be on the school bus at 7.30am. When we were driving down the road, we passed quite a few women out walking ... a couple of them were rather large ladies and Tom made some comment about the size of them, but I said at least they were making an effort to do something about it, and I felt quite ashamed that I do absolutely nothing. Seeing them has given me the urge to get out there and do it. The weather here now is perfect for walking ... it's the best time of the year as the humidity level has dropped and the temperatures are around the mid 20's, so I've got no excuses for not doing it.

It's great to see so many of you posting again ... hope everyone's doing well. :)

I'm off to brush the dust off my trainers now ... don't know how far I'll get, but anything is better than nothing ... Little baby steps, right? :D

Nichola

PS - I've decided to give myself a little mini challenge to keep me motivated ... It's Nicks company's Christmas 'do' on 4 December and I would like to feel more comfortable in my clothes by then, so I'm challenging myself to lose 10lbs by then ... I know it's not a lot, but every bit helps, right?

NicoleNYC
10-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Nichola, hope you are feeling much better by now. Enjoy your break! Fall break isn't something that's caught on well here - which is too bad. There is such a long stretch between starting school in August (I think they start later here in NJ, but at home they always start mid-Aug) and T-giving in the end of November. It's bad enough as a student, but as a teacher I'd be ready to pull my hair out!

It's a sore point with me when people feel compelled to criticize someone for being fat, then make fun of them when they decided to do something about it (like walking). This kind of thing is what keeps a LOT of women from even trying. If they're going to get snide comments for being fat, and more for trying to exercise - what's the point. So frustrating. A fat girl can't win.

I think tend pounds is a great goal! Nice even number, not so big that you have to kill yourself to get there, not so small that there's no challenge to it - I KNOW you can do it.

I was just thinking this morning - if I can just lose 2 pounds a week between now and going home for Christmas, think how much more comfortable that airline seat will be.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm still not counting and slooooowly losing. Hope it keeps up.

Take care,
B

Fat in Hong Kong
10-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Brandy, I'm feeling much better now thanks :) Managed to get out for a walk yesterday and felt really pleased with myself for doing it ... although the old muscles are a bit sore this morning :lol: ... It's been so long since they were last used!! :o I must confess though, that I almost didn't go ... I kept putting it off all day, pretending that I was too busy. Then at 7.00pm I finally decided, it's now or never, so I put on my trainers, grabbed the dog (who was in shock ... she rarely gets walked by me!), and off we went. We walked at quite a pace and I really felt as though I'd done something when I got home ... the dog lay on the floor exhausted for the rest of the evening!!

I couldn't agree with you more about people critizising fat people for having the guts to do something about it. It's partially the reason why I've always been so reluctant to exercise ... the thought of other (skinny) people seeing me and making comments about my size just fills me with horror. Some people say it's our own fault for being the way we are because we don't do anything to help ourselves, but the minute we get out there to do something about it, they make snide comments! :mad: As you said, we can't win ... but the point is Brandy, that we CAN WIN ... we can choose to ingnore their stupid comments and show them that we CAN DO IT!! ... And WE WILL!! :)

Nichola

britjo67
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Are the notifications not working???? Grrrrrrr

I kept waiting for a reply and they never came. :dizzy:

I've got WW weigh in later, think I might be down a little, but no idea how.....there again I could balloon five pounds in the next hour with no idea how that happened either! :dizzy:

Back later :grouphug:

britjo67
10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, amazingly enough I'm another pound down. Will change my sig in a minute.

It's funny, I was on the verge of quitting this week, in fact a couple of hours before the weigh-in I was certain it was the best thing for me. I haven't been tracking, so I haven't been on-plan...so it's a fluke that I've lost anything. I was thinking of just eating healthy...but then how many times have I said that? I know that if I quit I'll do what I always do...think I don't need to try and give in to temptation. I have to accept I'm weak. :^:

Fat in Hong Kong
10-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Jo, well done on your loss :) ... and don't give up, you can do it!

We've all said at sometime in the past that we're going to give up whatever plan we're following and just eat healthily to see what happens (probably me more than most!). However, we all know how easy it is to fall back into bad habits when we're not keeping track. The answer to weight loss, as I'm sure we all know, it to write it down ... whether we're counting points, calories, or just keeping track of what kinds of foods we're eating. We don't even have to count points, or calories, or whatever, but when you see pizzas, choccies and cakes etc. appearing too often on our daily list (I'm not saying we should never treat ourselves occasionally), we know we're not doing it properly and we won't lose weight. :o

This week I had lots of apples that needed to be eaten before they went bad, so I made an apple crumble (for the kids ;) ). Of course, I couldn't resist it, but I chose to only have half a portion and wrote it down. If I wasn't keeping track I know I would have eaten lots more with a big dollop of cream to top it off!

I think what I'm trying to say, is that we just need to be honest with ourselves. If we get fed-up with staying on-plan all the time and feel like we need a break, fine, but we still need to keep track of the foods we're eating. Then, when we find we've gained a few pounds :o there will be no excuses as to why it's happened, and we won't be able to say that we don't understand why it's happened ... the answer will be written down in front of us.

I'm not preaching to anyone ... just trying to convince myself that this is what I have to do! :write:

Nichola

britjo67
10-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Mmmmmm crumble :hun:

We're slipping down the second page.

Nothing much to say, got called into work this afternoon, was supposed to be working 2-5pm. Ended up doing 2-8pm. Still, if the boss realises I'm prepared to do what it takes to get an urgent job finished, I might just get a training contract out of him in two years time. Here's hoping :crossed:

Have a fab weekend everyone. We've got Dom being the team mascot at a professional hockey match in Coventry this weekend. Cue one very proud set of parents!!! He plays for the Coventry Blaze under 10s...and he's being a mascot for the Coventry Blaze pro team....who are playing the Sheffield Steelers (the team we support).....we've just got to make sure he doesn't celebrate too much if the Steelers score!!! :^: :lol:

Fat in Hong Kong
10-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Just checking-in to see how everyone's doing? Weighed-in yesterday and lost 2lbs ... had some good days and some bad days this week, but at least I still managed a loss! PHEW!

Hope everyone has a good weekend ... Enjoy the game Jo! :cheer:

Nichola

britjo67
10-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Well done Nichola!!! 2lbs is great!!! :bravo:

I've got a cold/flu at the moment...my throat has closed up and I feel awful. :(

Oh well, just one of those things.

britjo67
10-25-2004, 10:20 AM
My baby lining up for the national anthem before the game.....

Fat in Hong Kong
10-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Jo, hope you're feeling a bit better now? Nick's come down with the same sort of thing ... and boy, how the rest of the family are suffering!!! ... Why are men such babies when there's something wrong with them, or is it just mine?! I had it a couple of weeks ago and I didn't make any fuss ... just got on with it and got over it ... but he's making our life a misery!! :rolleyes:

Nichola

NicoleNYC
10-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi all! I've been trying to post for days and it seems like every time I get half way through, something comes up and I have to go. I am GOING to sit here and type this out and post it!

I'm sort of spinning in circles diet-wise. Mark's been unwell, I've been blah, it leads to very unmotivated thinking and eating. I am trying to drag myself back on track today. I HAVE to do something with myself. I'm so WAY up it's not even funny. I think I've been steadily gaining since mide September and it must stop.

Jo, thanks for posting the pic! And congrats on losing!!!

Nichola!!! Congrats on your two pounds!!!

I'm going to make a much bigger effort to come round here and check in more often!

B

RaffaellaBella
10-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey All! God I've missed you guys. If I don't get notifications I'm lost.

I want to congrats to all the losers and maintainers and to Jo for her achievements at university.

I fell off the diet wagon again. I just can't stay with it for long. I get tired of eating "that way" and then go back to eating "my way" and get tired of that as well. What other f-in way is there? :lol:

Take care,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong
10-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Raff, I know exactly what you mean ... last week I had a fairly good week, but this week I've totally gone off the rails again!! :o Just can't seem to stick with a plan for longer than a week or two ... although, I must confess that I haven't even tried to this week!! No watching what I was eating and no counting cals or writing anything down ... so much for my little speech last week about how important it is for us to keep track of what we're eating!! I've eaten so much chocolate this week and it's not even TOM ... don't know what's the matter with me. I dread getting on the scales tomorrow! Only thing I can think is that it's because Nick has been working late all week and I've been bored!! Not a good reason I know ... I must find something else to keep me from being bored.

Nichola

NicoleNYC
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Totally OOC here too. Have enlisted Mark (who is complaining of tight clothes) to help me clear out all the junk AND NOT BRING ANYMORE IN and start new diet campaign asap. Urgh.

Also, check out my totally cute new sig! Someone else had it and I copied :o

Just realized I have no idea how to update it. Hmm. Well this isn't good

B

britjo67
10-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm completely off plan again :dizzy: Still struggling with flu/cough...sick of coughing all night long, think I'll end up going back to the doc on Monday.

Why is it so difficult to stay focussed?????? Sometimes I wish I could just give up and accept me as I am...but then I think that's stupid cos healthwise I have no choice in the matter.

Oh for a fairy godmother or a genie!!! :genie:

Thanks Raff for your well wishes, it's much appreciated. I find it hard to believe I'm finally doing something well!!!! :^:

It's my wedding anniversary today. Eleven years!!! Time flies when you're having fun! The kids wanted us all to go out for a meal but because I feel so ill we ended up having spaghetti, followed by pecan pie (don't tell me the calories for that one!!!!!), and then me and Alan watched The Day After Tomorrow. Have to say I actually enjoyed it, even if parts of it were a little far-fetched in an action adventure kind of way!!!

Right, time for bed.

Have a great weekend everyone :grouphug:

britjo67
10-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Ooooh almost forgot....love the new sig Brandy!!!

Fat in Hong Kong
10-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Happy anniversary Jo! :cheers: Shame you weren't feeling well enough to go out, but hope you enjoyed your night in with hubby all the same ;)

Looks like we're all having a bit of a struggle right now with staying on plan :( I've just had an email from some diet website reminding me that it's only 8 weeks until Chirstmas :yikes: and telling me that there's still time to lose those unwanted pounds :^: Which reminds me, a few months ago I had planned to be almost down to target by this week as it's half-term hols in the UK and our (skinny) friends were planning to visit us ... as it turned out, they decided that they wouldn't be able to make it this year, but I wonder if I would have been more motivated if they hadn't changed their plans??

I'm now starting to panic with the festive season soon to be upon us :eek: ... which means Chirstmas parties at work, and Nick's company 'do' which is on 5 December ... not much time until then! Of couse, I'm in the same position now as I have been for the past X years ... with nothing to wear because nothing fits!! :mad: Every year I say the same ... that I'm not going through this again ... and every year I have the same problem. And it's not just 'party' clothes that are a problem ... The weather here in HK will start cooling off soon (I'm still wearing summer clothes at the moment) and I'll need to start sorting out my warmer clothes ... but I know none of them fit ... again!!! What to do????

There's only one thing for it ... I really have got to get my head together and start being sensible with my eating habits ... this week I've been awful ... so greedy it's disgusting! Monday is the start of a whole new week (and the day after Halloween ... I just need those candy goodies out of my cupboards ... they're calling to me all the time!!! :o ... One more day and they will be gone thank goodness!!

Can't wait until Monday so that I can start over ... again! :^:

Happy Halloween everyone! :) Have a great weekend!

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong
10-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Forgot to add that I've weighed-in and stayed the same this week ... PHEW!!!

Oh, and Brandy, I love your new sig too ... I've noticed it on a couple of other posts and wondered how it works??? .... If you suss it out let us know!LOL

Nichola

NicoleNYC
10-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi All! Happy :) !

I'm going to try this again - I keep trying to post and my phone keeps ringing :coffee2:

Anyway, looks like we all need a little kick start. I weighed myself this morning and it was not one of these :goodscale you would think there would be a little smily guy getting off and kicking scale across the room :D

Last night when searching for flights, I figured out that I have exactly seven weeks till we go home for Christmas (eight weeks till Christmas). I would LOVE to really do well between now and then so that Christmas doesn't throw me too far off :crossed: M has been complaining of tight clothes and is in it with me. We have agreed not to bring junk in our house but to have a few treats occasionally (as ww is flexable enough to accomodate this) - but only of the single serving variety. No big bag of candy sitting on the counter while kidding ourselves we'll just eat a few - or any such nonsense as that. I'm going to actually cook (shock!) and try to get in all the WW requirements - the five fruits and veg and milk and blah blah blah. This is going to involve packing lunch for M which actually isn't a problem.

So anyway, I'll be weighing in on Saturdays and moving my ticker accordingly. Would love for you guys to join me on my Countdown to Christmas Crunch Time Panic Diet :lol:

And I think I've figured out how to move the ticker. It seems you just recreate it every time and change your current weight. You just tick boxes to creat so it's not involved at all. If you want your own, the link is http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Happy Anniv Jo :hat: Hope you're feeling better soon!

Nichola, sounds like we are dreading the same part of the holiday season - clothes shopping. Urgh. Congrats on your maintaining weigh in. Sounds like you got a pass this week - let's both go for a whopper of a loss next week!

Raff!!! Good to see you again!!!

Ok, off to start day one with massive panic diet attack!!! Wish us luck!

B

ecchs
11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey Everyone!

Looks like we are all renewing our weight loss vows. I started today on the right foot with a 6 AM workout at Curves. Can't afford to do Curves AND WW, so will do WW on my own at home. Curves has a scale, so I will weigh in there every Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

Have a great day all!

Lorraine

NicoleNYC
11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi Lorraine! WOW! 6 am and working out. IMPRESSIVE!

B

ecchs
11-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Don't be too terribly impressed. I went back in today and did my one month weigh and measure. Nothing like a 7 pound gain and a few inches too. Obvisouly not working it like I should.

To make matters worse, my kid spit on another kid at school. I was soo disappointed. And I need some serious sleep. And I have a pile of dishes to do and I so do not want to do them.

Bah.

britjo67
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
:(

Sorry you're feeling down Lorraine. Know the feeling. I'm still feeling ill, still coughing all night long, lost my voice, and I've gained 2.5 lbs at WW tonight too.

Fat in Hong Kong
11-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... sounds like we are all in need of a kick start! I intended to get back on track this week, but it just hasn't happened ... can't seem to find any motivation to do it, even though I'm feeling really p***** o** with myself lately!! Every day I tell myself that today is going to be the day, but by lunch time I'm already off plan!! :mad: I need someone to give me a good kick up the butt!! ... Anyone??

Come on girls, we've got to get our act together ... any suggestions??

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
11-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Hey Ladies! Like Lorraine said, we all seem to renewing our weightloss vows. I vow not to give up hope. No matter how many times I yo-yo I will still try to get back on track because if I give in I could easily reach 400lbs and then I'll have to be airlifted out of my house.
:lol: Heaven forbid!

Love the new sig Brandy. I'm not brave enough to have it. Its good to see that you're still doing WW. I hear they have a new plan, so you can choose which is best.

Jo Happy Anniversary! And I hope you feel better. Remember to take Vitamin C because it will help you recover. I think Vit. C is a wonder drug.

Lorraine - It's great to hear that your exercising. My insurance pays for a gym membership but I wont get the info from them. How silly is that? I really should look into it because I am so out of shape. I went to a wedding last Saturday and shook my groove thing all night and was sore the following morning. :(

Nichola - I'm sure you'll do fine with the holidays. Treat them as you would every other day. All the food that is served on holidays is available year round. It's just a matter of going to the supermarket to get. :lol: From that point of view the day is no different than any other.

Well go to run off. I had myself a little reduced-fat crescent roll/garlic creamcheese feast and now I have a tummy ache. God, I am the poster-girl for overindulgance!

Talk to you soon!
Love,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong
11-04-2004, 02:16 AM
Raff, it's not the extra food at Christmas that I'm worried about ... it's the fact that I haven't lost any weight FOR Chirstmas :mad: ... still in the same position that I've been in for years.

I know I shouldn't focus on trying to lose weight just for a particular occasion, but it would be nice if one day I could actually look forward to the Christmas parties and actually feel good about myself for once instead of feeling depressed, fat and frumpy :(

I remember years gone by when I used to get so excited about going to all the Christmas/New Years Eve parties, and I always felt really good about myself and what I was wearing ... now, solely due to the fact that I'm overweight, I couldn't care less whether I go or not ... sad, but true :sorry:

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-05-2004, 02:40 PM
This week was a total wash and I have no excuses.

RaffaellaBella
11-08-2004, 01:55 AM
Hi All! I coming down with a cold, or the flu, and I'm feeling like doody. :(
I've been pumping myself with Vitamin C and it's not helping because I've been eating nothing but crap, but I've committed myself to starting fresh tomorrow. Wish me luck. Of course, it would be so much easier if I had a personal cook and trainer like Oprah does. ;)

Take care and talk to you soon!
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong
11-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Brandy, I have no excuses either ... back up to 179lbs ... again!!! :mad: Today is the start of a brand new week and I'm going to TRY to STAY on plan!! Back to counting calories ... for goodness sakes, it's not THAT difficult to keep within my daily allowance ... so why don't I do it?!!

Raff, sorry you're not feeling so good, hope you're better soon :)

Jo, hope you're feeling much better now too :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Raff, feel better.

Nichola, I'm starting over too. M seems desperate to lose some weight and we finally had time to make a shopping trip and get organized. I'm packing his lunch and pre-counting the points and trying to plan ahead for my own day. When he gets motivated to lose weight, he does not hold back. Very much all in, no fiddling with the "rules" and the weight comes OFF. This is actually depressing in a sense (because compared to him, I lose at a snails pace) but it absolutly keeps me honest and on track. I'm hoping we can both get a few lbs off before Christmas.

B

Fat in Hong Kong
11-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Brandy, good luck with starting over :) I had a good start to the week yesterday ... managed to stay within my calories and even saved a few towards the weekend :) Now all I need to do is put this into practice EVERY day!! :^:

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Nichola, us too! We had a good start, planned ahead and did fine. I even exercised. Now, if I can just do that every day for the rest of my life, I should be ok :dizzy:

kap34
11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello Ladies,
I have been gone for a year and it is so very good to see almost everyone on here. I think other than Ali, the only one missing is Danielle. I was emailing her for awhile but then she just stopped.
Once again, I am startong over....just eating healthy, counting calories and trying to get my big ole butt out of the chair and MOVING!!!
So much has been going on in the last year to cause me NOT to think of myself and my weight, my Dad was really sick for awhile last year while I was still posting, and in January he passed away. That through all of us in a tailspin, but especially my Mom. They had been married for 40 years and she just was not coping well with being alone.
Then she was diagnosed with skin cancer. James and I were having some problems with our marriage so while she was going through treatments, the children and I moved in with her to make sure she was eating and getting to the appointments and just to basically give her some company and to give us some time apart. Cancer is all gone now and she is doing very well. My marriage I am not so sure about. We are still living apart. I go home on weekends and sometimes we have great weekends, sometimes we fight all weekend. It boils down to my weight. He feels like I do not love him enough to lose weight. I have decided I have been hanging on to it to try and make him love me unconditionally...and that is why I resist and find reason (or excuses as the case may be) to quit. And then, the other day, I realized, HOW CAN I EXPECT HIM TO LOVE ME AT THIS WEIGHT WHEN I DO NOT LOVE MYSELF AT THIS WEIGHT????? And, a wise person told me that he HAS showed me he loves me unconditionally even if he does not say it since we are together still after 11 years and he has not gone anywhere and I have not lost weight.
So do you mind if a long lost person joins back in ???

NicoleNYC
11-09-2004, 05:43 PM
HI!!!! YAY! We've missed you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and then your mom. Glad things are going well for her. Sending you good vibes toward your marriage.

Me, I'm not much smaller these days but I feel like I have a second (ok, 9,321,332nd, but humor me) wind.

SOOOOOO glad to have you back.

Brandy

Fat in Hong Kong
11-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Kelly, a big :grouphug: and welcome back into the fold ... it's great to have you back! :) So sorry to hear the sad news about your dad and what happened to your mum. You've had a very difficult year and it's not surprising that a strain has been put on your marriage regardless of the fact that you think it may have something to do with your weight. As your friend has already said, you're still together after 11 years so it shows there's something worth hanging on to. I'm sure with time you'll work things out together.

As you will see, nothing much has changed around here ... I'm still where I was a year ago!! :o but I haven't given up!! I think most of us are 'starting afresh' right now, so it's a great time to come back to us :D

Well, I had another good day yesterday ... stayed within my cals :) I'm allowing myself 1500cals per day. On Monday I had 1382, and on Tuesday I had 1430 ... not bad. Not that anyone will be particularly interested, but I'm going to try to check-in every day and post my calorie totals ... this way I feel more accountable for what goes into my mouth!! :lol:

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Nichola, it always helps keep me on track when someone else posts about their OP days. It's a great reminder that every day COUNTS and while I might waste one, someone else was losing weight!

M and I are still muddling through with WW - so far, so good.

B

Fat in Hong Kong
11-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Brandy, glad to be of help :) Unfortunately, Wednesday was not such a good day for me :mad: ... went about 400cals over :o ... so today I'm trying to make up for it :^:

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Nichola, 400 is not that bad! Just take 100 off the top for the next four days and bam, you're even.

M and I are starting our 4th day of WWing. Instead of using his Flex to move around, Mark has just distributed them evenly throughout the week. His Target Points (if you don't do WW, you can estimate that 1 point is *about* 50 calories) should be 26, but he's doing 28 AND he's added 5 Flex to every day AND he's gone over by at LEAST 4 every day. The rat has lost like 6 pounds! I know it's not six pounds of fat and he won't continue to lose that much but it's certainly keeping me on track - I'm trying to catch up! So I guess in a twisted way, dieting with your husband is very motivational.

I'm still hanging in. I've done WATP every day this week - even yesterday, when I was sick with horrible allergies. That was big for me. Normally I'll use any excuse to skip out.

So that's our week so far. Hope things are well with the rest of you!

B

Fat in Hong Kong
11-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Hi Brandy, glad to hear that you and Mark are doing well with WWing :) and well done to you for keeping up with the WATP all week ... something I should be doing! :o

Kept around my 1500cals yesterday, so didn't manage to put right any of the 400 cals that I was over the day before! I'll have to do what you suggested and cut down for the next few days ... but now the weekend's here and I'll probably find that a wee bit difficult to do :^: ... but I will try :)

Weighed in this morning and lost 2.5lbs so fairly pleased with that :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
11-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi All! Glad to the thread's moving along and that we have Kelly back. Hooray!

Kelly - This is just my 2 cents: I don't think your husband has a problem with your weight, he has his own issues. If he were secure in his self he wouldn't need you to be a reflection on him.

Nichola - Congrats on the loss. Seems like you are back on track.

Brandy - It's great to see that you are still WATPing. I did 1/2 of a Jenny Craig workout and almost passed out. :faint:

Has anyone heard from Jo?

I've come to realization that if I do not learn to eat fish, meat, veggies and greens on a regular basis, then I will not lose weight. So I've decided to create a mantra: "Meat is good. Fish is great. Veggies are delcious.." and I'll say it to myself every night before I go to bed. :lol: Do you think it will work?

Oh I have to tell you all something. My husband just got home and I told him that the cat has been acting funny. He walking around the house crying. My hubby says it's because Arafat died. :lol:

Well, got to run off. Take care.
Raff

britjo67
11-15-2004, 07:21 AM
It's soooooo great to see Kelly back and posting!!!! Welcome back Kelly, sorry to hear about your parents.

Nichola - well done on your 2.5!!! :cb:

Brandy - hang in there!!

Raff - great mantra.....one I could do with using myself!!!!! :^:

Well, sorry I've not been around last week, but I've been housesitting for my Mum (as she's been in Malta all week). She has a dog and some hens (her sheep finally died earlier this year), so we had to live there while she was away. She only lives five miles away, but it's a pain going to and fro all week. She comes home tonight, I have to collect her from the airport, and I can't wait to go home.

Mind you, I'm in my house now, it's freezing. Alan painted the wood in Dom's room this weekend, as we're putting laminate flooring down this week, and the house smells of paint fumes (last time we painted Dom's room we used non-smelly paint, but it chips too easily). So, all the windows are open, the heating is on, and it's still freezing!!! :rolleyes:

Healthwise I've been struggling. Seem lethargic far too often, and I think it's because I'm straying from the path as far as my diabetes control is concerned. I really need to do something about it and fast.

As a result of feeling so crappy, I've completely fallen off the wagon, am piling the weight back on and feeling helpless. I am going to my weigh-in tomorrow though...maybe the humiliation will do the trick. :^:

NicoleNYC
11-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi all! Still WWing here with M. So far, so good. Of course, he's lost like ten pounds to my six (yes, I was up to 256!!! by the time we started last week and this AM I'm 251), never exercises, and consistantly goes over his points. Nice. Men. Grrr. But I'm glad he's hanging in with minimal complaining.

Raff, how's the kitty? Still in mourning?
Nichola, congrats on your 2.5! That's great!!!
Jo, sending you lots of good, healthy vibes. And hope you're back in your own home by now!

Ok, I have to go figure out how to fix the scale in my siggy. I'm just going to stick with my "start" of 252 (denial, denial, denial). Gah. I've like 13 pounds to go before I hit virgin fat. Depressing. Think I'll pour on more denial and not think about it. Yes. Feeling much better now.

britjo67
11-16-2004, 01:30 PM
I am back in my own home now!!!! :cheer:

And I've decided not to go to WW today (can't face it after all) :sssh:

Having said that though, I've made a concerted effort not to eat sweet things today, so hopefully I'll start feeling better soon. :^:

Well done on your loss Brandy (and yes, it's a pain that men lose weight far easier!!!! :rollpin: )

Jo

ecchs
11-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi guys! Just a quick pop in to apologize for my neglect of this thread. Congrats to everyone on their renewed energy. I'm still plodding along. Have lost about 3 pounds since last weigh in, but official one won't be until the end of the month. Will let you know what's happened.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong
11-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Brandy, well done on your loss, that's great, keep it up! :)

I just can't seem to keep on track for longer than a few days at a time ... TOM arrived this week and I've not stopped munching!! :mad: When I've gone over my limit I feel really guilty and depressed, and I give myself a good talking to, something along the lines of, "You're never going to get rid of this fat if you carry on like this!" ... then I feel really angry with myself and more determined do better the next day ... but it just doesn't happen! :( No matter how angry or depressed I get about my weight, I just can't seem to DO IT!!! :mad: What the **** is the matter with me?! I hate myself the way I am, but I continue to add to my problem by eating more than I need to ... making me hate myself even more! How I wish I had the answer ..... :^:

Sorry about that girls ... hope everyone else is doing better than I am. :)

For some reason I'm not getting any emails when there's been new posts ... wonder why that is?

Nichola

britjo67
11-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I haven't been getting e-mails either, but I just looked at the additional options and according to that I'm not subscribed to the thread (since when??????)

Nichola, you sound so like me. I hate the way things are, berate myself frequently about it....and then go mooching for stuff to eat all the time. I wish food wasn't such an issue. Other people manage, so why not us?

RaffaellaBella
11-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey all! Is everyone getting ready for T-day? I was going to rename it the Day of Mourning, as the Native Americans do, and have a reading before we eat but my sister said she would kick the crap out of me if I did.

What is everyone planning to make?

NicoleNYC
11-19-2004, 11:26 AM
My husband drew the short straw and has to work T-giving this year. I hope it won't be a long day. I plan to get up and spend the morning in my jammies watching the parade on tv and then I'll cook later and we'll have dinner together. I don't know what we'll have. I'm not a huge fan of turkey but I'll think of something. As he's not from the US he doesn't have any attachment to the traditional stuff anyway. Maybe we'll have gumbo.

ETA: My official weigh in day isn't till Monday but I wanted to see what my ticker would look like as it changed, so I used my weight from this morning. Neat!

NicoleNYC
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi guys! I'm still hanging in. M had a horrible week work wise and it sort of spilled over into everything else. It's hard to plan correctly when you end up in the office five hours longer than you planned. I'm hoping he can get back on track this week because he was really pleased after having lost his first bit (e-hem, ten pounds) of weight.

I'm still hanging in. Horrible PMS so I'm thinking of just hiding the scales till it's over. The fake water weight always throws me. I KNOW it's fake but it's still depressing!

Take care,
B

ETA: Removed the ticker. Apparently it's slowing things down for some people. We haven't been asked to, but it seems like the easiest thing for now. And it's not that big a deal so eh. There ya go ;)

Fat in Hong Kong
11-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Hi Girls,

Still struggling along ... no change this week :( Just can't seem to stay on track.

Brandy, I know what you mean about it being hard to plan correctly when working long hours ... I don't work long hours but Nick does. I try to plan meals in advance, but 9 times out of 10 all my plans are scuppered when he has to work late ... which is quite frequently. It's difficult to plan meals when you don't know what time to get them ready ... not everything can be reheated if hubby is home late, and you don't always want a cold salad! Sometimes, he'll pop out to grab something to eat if he's working late at the office (usually not very healthy) and I end up grabbing anything that's quick and easy as I can't be bothered to cook something decent just for myself ... the kids usually eat earlier or don't like what I want for dinner! ... It's a nightmare!! No wonder I'm never successful at this dieting game!! :mad:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
11-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Hi All! I survived Thanksgiving. Just finished doing the rest of the dishes and cleaning up from yesterday.

Are we all ready for an after T-day/Christmas challenge? Say 10lbs? Or 5 will do. I'm still journaling my food and feel like I've lost a few but am terrified to get on the scale. I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting me that I may have lost 2-3 lbs.

I told my husband that I'd wait up for him but he won't get in from work till 3 or 4 a.m. and I know I'll be hungry at that time. It will have been 8 hours since my last meal so I'll be feinding for some food.

Well got to run off. Hope everyone else is doing good. Take care and talk to you soon.

Raff :sunny:

Fat in Hong Kong
11-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Hi All :wave:

Hope those of you who were celebrating had a great Thanksgiving Day :)

Raff, I wouldn't mind starting a mini challenge ... I've got to do something! So many social engagements coming up over the next couple of weeks though (all involving food!!), that it's going to be difficult, but I really do have to try ... simply can't go on like this! :o

There's just 4 weeks left now until Chirstmas. My dream of being at goal by then has long since been destroyed by my pathetic efforts to lose weight :rolleyes: However, it doesn't mean that I have to wait until the new year to do something about it, does it? No time like the present, as they say, right? Just trotting off to the scales for weigh-in ... back in a minute with the results ... ok, back up to 179 ... I'm going to give myself a mini challenge of 7lbs by 24 December ... it'll be a start. Anyone else up for it?

Nichola

NicoleNYC
11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Hi guys! We didn't do much for T-Day. Didn't know till the last minute that M would even be home for it. Just started TOM so no loss showing for me this week. Still plugging away - three weeks from today, we'll be visiting my family. I'm just hoping to stay OP and continue doing WATP five days a week until then. SO far so good, but no huge loss. I'd just like to be back comfortably in the 230s.

M got me this neat little mp3 thing that also does video - so I can rip my WATP DVDs to do while we're at home which is great because I always have energy to burn while we're there and the parents have moved to the country - I am SO VERY NOT walking all those country roads when it's deer season!

So ok girls, just a few more weeks till Christmas - let's make them count.

ecchs
11-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been busy, but not too bad. Been pretty consistent with exercise, terrible with food. Mini goals this week are 4 visits to Curves and 8 glasses of water every day. That's it, and I know I can do it.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong
12-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Helloooooo ... is anyone out there?????

Hope everyone is doing ok. I lost 2.5lbs last week but it was a struggle!

Had a very depressing week which is the reason why I've not been around for a while. Had to go to Nick's company Christmas "do" on Saturday and spent about 4 hours in Marks & Spencer on Friday trying desperately to find something to wear!! Until now, I've always managed to find something to fit, even if I wasn't totally happy with it. Unfortunately, this time it was a BIG problem. M & S is just about the only shop in HK that sells clothes up to a size UK18 (occasionally 2 or 3 items in a size UK20). I couldn't believe it when I discovered that I could no longer fit into their size 18's. Eventually managed to find a pair of trousers to fit ... after several visits to the changing rooms!! ... But the tops had me near to tears!! ... the buttons gaped open or they were so tight and clingy that they showed every single lump and bump. Finally, after trying on about 20 tops (yes, 20!!) it was with great relief that I found a black crossover top which was quite smart and I couldn't get out of the store fast enough!!

Well, this episode is probably the wake-up call that I've been needing. I no longer have a choice but to get serious about losing weight. There are no longer any shops in HK where I can buy clothes to fit, so there is only one thing for it. I've actually felt physically sick all weekend when I've thought about what I went through ... I'm telling you, I was totally desperate and I don't want to go through that again.

To make me feel even worse (sorry girls, this is going to bore you but I need to get it off my chest!), Nick is doing a charity walk in March with some friends ... they have to have a team of four people, so along with Nick there's his friend and his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's friend (does that make sense? :?: ). They started their team training on Sunday ... now normally when Nick goes walking he's out for a couple of hours ... However, on Sunday he was gone for 6 hours!!!! He gave me no reason to believe that he was going to be gone for so long and I spent all day Sunday waiting for him to come home ... I was furious!! :mad: I wasted the whole day when I could have taken Sophie to the cinema or gone shopping! He wondered why I was so p***** o** with him when he came home! He did actually admit that he didn't realise himself that they would be gone for so long until they started, but he could have called me to let me know! Now, tell me I'm being stupid, but I've got this terrible feeling inside me ... jealousy! :( I actually feel terribly jealous that he's walking with these other women ... I know I'm being stupid ... these women are also friends of mine (although not close friends) so I know there's nothing going on (I hope!), but I can't stop feeling this way. It's all my own fault ... If I was slim and fit, then I would be making up the foursome for the team ... but it's a very difficult walk and I simply wouldn't be able to cope with it. I'm feeling extremely insecure and all sorts of awful things are going through my mind ... I've never felt this way before and it's worrying! Has anyone else ever felt this way? ... Tell me I'm not going mad? Nick has never, ever given me cause to doubt him before ... and if I'm honest with myself, he's not giving me any now either ... but why do I feel this way???

Sorry girls about all the depression ... I really needed to vent!!

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
12-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Hello my fellow chickies! I'm doing okay. I have a HUGE cold/flu so I'll be pulling out of the Christmas mini-challenge - just don't feel up to following a foodplan and exercising.

Nichola - It's good to vent! That's what we're here for, and you are not mad, you're human. I don't think there is any other woman who can say that she hasn't felt that way at some point.

Brandy, Lorraine, and anyone else I'm forgetting in my hazy, foggy, flu flu head - I hope you are all well!

Take care,
Raff :flow2:

Fat in Hong Kong
12-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Raff, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, there's lots of colds/flu going around here too at the moment ... hope I don't catch it in time for Xmas!! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Thanks for telling me I'm not mad! :dizzy: Going out with the girls from work tonight for a Chirstmas dinner ... this won't do my weight loss any good but I'm looking forward to having a "girlie night out" ... should be fun ... just what I need right now!!

Nichola

NicoleNYC
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Raff, feel better.

Nichola, I've had a little wake up call of my own. It hasn't bee one thing but like you - I hate the way clothes fit on me, I hate when I catch site of myself and there's this extra chin, seeing myself in pictures is distressing, and I'm just a big floppy mess. And it's just sort of clicked with me - all the things that are making me miserable are totally under my control. Totally. I'm blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve and totally greatful but I'm letting things that are TOTALLY WITHIN MY CONTROL make me miserable. That sounds kind of dire but ya know it was like this big lightbulb - all these things we are letting get us down are things we can change. I'm sick of ugly clothes, double chins, and horrible pictures. Well no one can fix that but me and there is nothing be ME standing in my way. I don't think I ever quite "got it" before. I get it.

Do you get it? I knew ya would.

B

Fat in Hong Kong
12-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Raff, I get it!! I too am sick of ugly clothes, double chins, huge saggy bellies, rub-together thighs, wobbly upper arms, having to wear big granny knickers instead of sexy undies (because I look gross!), trying to dive under the duvet at bedtime before hubby gets a glimpse of all the wobbly bits, always trying to avoid the camera as every photograph I see of myself I HATE!, feeling inferior when I'm out with skinny friends, feeling jealous and paranoid ... And all these things have been brought about by one thing, and one thing only ... ME and the fact that I am overweight!! And you're quite right, all these things that make us miserable are totally under our control. If we're serious about losing weight and getting our lives back, there really is nothing stopping us :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
12-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Hey Chickies! I went to the Dr. yesterday for some cough medicine and had to get on the scale. Because evidently my weight is related to my coughing. Well it's official :eek: I gained back all of the 20lbs I lost before I got bored with the South Beach diet. I want to start following the foodplan again but this time I'm going to start with Phase 2.

So I'm back to 320lbs. Good God! What a huge number. I'm double the weight I should be. An ideal weight for me is 160. Times 2 is.....yep, 320. And who says I'm bad at math? So I'm starting over again, but I don't feel so bad this time because I'm not going to kick myself. Guilt is not a good motivational tool. I evidently have a pattern when it comes to food, so I just have to keep trying until I finally get it right or get tired of gaining it back.

I would like to lose some lbs before March because I'm going to FRANCE (I'm so excited!) and I'm sure the French are going to love my fat ***. :moo:

So how is everyone else doing?

ecchs
12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey Everyone! Just a quick check in. This time of year is the absolute poopiest time to try and get healthy, but I'm bound and determined. (Bound by my T-I-G-H-T jeans. Ugh. )

Nichola...I think you have every right to be upset. In my opinion (which you haven't solicited...sorry) I'd tell Nick point blank what you're worried about. Tell him you feel left out and that you need to know that he still loves you. Even if you can't do the actual race, is there anyway you could be part of the training? It'd make you feel better both emotionally and physically!

I am in the "Fat Cow" phase of my thinking this week. Lots of self-beratement, lots of self-loathing and a whole lot of medicating with food. I restart and restart and restart, but you know what, that's the only way that I'll actually get going, is if I start right? SO here I am off again today. So far 1/2 a mandarin orange, so can't complain. Off to get some cereal and then to get out of the house. First major challenge will be this afternoon. Going to make cookies for DS's school concert. Maybe I should just buy a box of oranges instead?

Lorraine

NicoleNYC
12-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi girls (ask me how much I hate this friggin "bloat" pop up that keeps getting in my way!!! Screw you Zelnorm, I'll explode first!) :D

Sorry I've been out of pocket - so much going on and we're about to go out of town for a week. Wish me luck! Send us prayers and vibes on Saturday please - that we have a safe flight and don't spend the whole time stuck in an airport with a sad little pup who has been asked to hold it far too long!

Sounds like we're sort of all in the same backslide-too-far space. I'm up. I'm very sad about it. I'm just not sure how it happend. I don't remember getting wild with the eating or anything. It's just...sad.

I'm planning to start WW after we get back - like actually go to the meetings and stuff. As a system, it works so well - I think the extra accountability may keep me focused.

Plan to see a lot more of me HERE in the new year (and I hope, a lot less of me in a physical sense).

Will try to catch up more before we leave - if not, have a happy holiday of your choosing!

B ;)

Fat in Hong Kong
12-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while ... haven't been getting any email notifications to say someone had posted :(

Had another busy, busy week with various "do's" to go to ... a bit of a difficult time to actually "diet" but just trying to maintain until all the festivities are over ... although I am down a pound so can't complain :D

Finished work on Friday until 4 January ... Yippeee!!! :D This week I'm going to be busy rushing around trying to get all my Christmas shopping done for the kids pressies ... left it until the last minute as usual!! Only just managed to get the Christmas cards in the post to the UK so they probably won't arrive in time!! Done all my present shopping online this year for everyone back home ... too late to buy gifts in HK and get them posted to the UK!! :dizzy: ... Next year I WILL be more organised ... but I say that every year!

Lorraine, it's good to know that others understand how I feel and don't just think I'm being silly. Unfortunately, I can't take part in the training because I'm simply not fit enough ... They've all gone off this morning for a 20K hike on a hilly trail ... I can barely manage to walk the dog for half an hour without puffing and panting!! I can't imagine that I'll ever be able to join in because I'm just too far behind as far as my fitness level is concerned. Nick is very serious about his walking, and I would just be holding him back as I can only manage to go at a snails pace! :lol: Perhaps when the charity walk is over and he's not doing serious training, I'll make an effort to go out walking with him at weekends and try to build up my fitness ... something I should have done a long time ago, then I wouldn't be in the situation that I'm in right now :( He knows exactly how I feel, but he was going to do the walk anyway as a single entrant, even before the others decided to join him as a team ... The silly thing is, that when he was planning to do it alone, I hadn't got a problem with it ... it's only because the others are now taking part that I feel left out :( He also said that he thought I wasn't interested in any of the activities that he's interested in ... like hiking and tennis ... but it's simply a case of not being ABLE to do it rather than not WANTING to do it.

Let's all make a pact to make 2005 the best year ever ... the year that we all succeed.

My NY resolutions for 2005 ......

To make a real effort to get fit (so that I can spend more time with my hubby doing the things that he thinks I'm not interested in!)

To finally reach my goal weight after many years of not being serious about it!!

And last but not least ... to be more organised!!

What about everyone else????

Nichola

redballoon
12-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Heh, Fat in Hong Kong. I just saw your handle and wish I'd seen it earlier. I just got back from Hong Kong. Wish I'd gotten in touch with you and maybe we could have met up. I really like it there. But I know that living in a place is totally different. How long have you been there?

I usually post on the Rears in Gear and the Battle of the Bulge threads these days. Gotta run now but just wanted to say Hi! and I'll check out this thread later. I'm up here in Tokyo, originally from U.S. I was in H.K. for work, may be there again in April, horse racing related. Well, hope to chat later. :wave:

Fat in Hong Kong
12-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi redballoon :wave: ... nice to meet you :)

I've been living in HK for 3.5 years and really enjoy it ... although our lifestyle has played havoc with my waistline!! I've been getting fatter as each year goes by, and I know that I've got to put a stop to it one way or another as it's now getting totally out of hand! ... 2005 is going to be the year that I finally get to my goal!!

We really enjoy the horse racing ... we hired a box a couple of weeks ago for my hubby's company's Chirstmas "do" ... had a fantastic day ... but didn't win a single cent!! :mad: ... Perhaps next time I'll study the form instead of picking the horses names that I fancied!! :lol:

Where in the US are you from and how long have you been living in Tokyo? ... What's it like living there? Feel free to get in touch next time you're in HK and perhaps we can meet up .....

Nice "talking" to you :)

Nichola

redballoon
12-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi Nichola (much better than Fat in Hong Kong!!),

Thanks for writing. I've been in Tokyo 22 years! Am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. I sure would love to meet up next time I'm in Hong Kong. I've been able twice now to get a package deal with the Hong Kong Jockey Club as part of the press and it's a great deal! I never bet. That's a sure way to lose money!

Were you at Happy Valley or Sha Tin. I got to go to both this time. Happy Valley at night is really pretty.

Well, just wanted to say Hi. I've got a lot of work still to get done and I'm so tired. A rough day at work but I'm trying to be good and I think I can.

Yes, I can see how Hong Kong would be a dangerous place to live if you love Chinese food, which I don't and I'm a vegetarian, but sweets, my downfall! and cakes and sweets looked (and tasted!) pretty scrumptious there. Good luck with your weight loss. I'll try to read through this thread and may join up (if you'll have me!) but I'm kept pretty busy on the other two. Why don't you join us over there when it gets lonely here, if it ever does.

Okay, will see you again. And everyone on this post, a big hello and I hope to "see" you soon again! :wave:

Fat in Hong Kong
12-20-2004, 09:40 PM
OK, where is everyone?? I guess you're all busy preparing for the big day, huh? I was out pressie shopping yesterday for hours and hours ... and still haven't been able to get everything I need :mad: So guess what I'll be doing again today (and probably tomorrow!)?!! My feet are killing me!!

Redballoon, we were at Happy Valley, but we have also been to Shatin ... although we're not serious gamblers ... just now and again for fun ... ;) and a great day out with a group of friends!

22 years in Tokyo eh? ... You must like it there! Yep, the temptations of food in Hong Kong are a big problem ... but not just Chinese food ... you could eat out at a different restaurant every night for a year and not eat the same food twice ... so if I didn't like Chinese food, I would still have a problem!! :lol: ... I need more self control!!

I've been posting on this thread for ... OMG ... about 3 years now!! They're a great bunch of girls ... we've got to know each other quite well and have a lot of laughs as well as ups and downs, but the good thing is that we're always here for each other when the going gets tough. We welcome any newcomers, so if you feel like dropping in anytime for a chat, feel free :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
12-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi All! I'm here. Just :df: through. Still fighting this cough. I've lost a 1lb. Which doesn't seem a lot until I look at a lb of butter.

My Resolutions for 2005 are:

Lose weight, of course.
Deal with my compulsive eating.
Save money.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Take care,
Raff

redballoon
12-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks Nichola, I've got to run and no time to post now, but I'll be coming back to check in later this week. Wishing you all the best on your weight loss endeavors!! :dancer:

Fat in Hong Kong
12-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi All!

Just wanted to wish you all a 'Very Merry Chirstmas' :D Things are a little crazy around here right now .... so much to do and so little time to do it!! :dizzy:

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow whatever you're doing! :D and I'll catch up with you in a few days time.

Love to you all! :)

Nichola

redballoon
12-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Nichola, thanks for the wishes. Wishing you a great day too!

:sman: :merry: :sman:

NicoleNYC
12-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi All!

Back from family holiday. Will post more when I have recovered from all this er...comfort and joy. It may take a few days, but I'll promise to get in here and catch up before NYE!

Happy (belated) Holidays!

B :dizzy:

Fat in Hong Kong
12-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

Just a quickie to say hope everyone had a good Christmas Day. I forgot to mention the other day that I was just 0.5lb off my Chirstmas Mini Challenge, so not too bad ... although the past few days have probably done some damage to that :o I have however tried to be good ... not too much pigging out! Looking forward to the New Year so that I can really get stuck into a new healthy way of life :) ... In fact, I've already started with the walking ... I walked for almost 2 hours on Christmas night with the dog, and then again yesterday afternoon, so hopefully this will have helped to counteract the few indulgences that I've succumbed too! :o

Nichola

RaffaellaBella
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Happy Holidays Chickies! Hope all is well you.

Love,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong
12-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Raff, hope you had a good Christmas :)

Well, I'm well and truly fired up and ready for my new lifestyle. Had a good long discussion with Nick yesterday about all of my "issues" which I've already told you about so I won't bore you with details again! We've sorted lots of things out and I'm feeling much happier and more positive than I was a couple of weeks ago :D I know I've been totally stupid and feel rather silly now that my feelings are all out in the open, but at least he understands how and why I feel the way I do. He's been able to reassure me about my concerns and promises to help me as much as he can. And when his charity walk is over (and no more intensive training involved) we're going to spend more time together at weekends doing the things that he thought I wasn't interested in :D

I've kept up my walking since Christmas night ... although I must confess that the reason I walked for so long that night was due to anger :lol: ... But it obviously helped because it finally got me off my big fat butt!!

Must dash now because I'm off for my daily walk before dinner :cb: ... and I'm determined not to give up this time!!

Nichola

NicoleNYC
12-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Nichola! You sound so up and positive! It's GREAT to hear!

B

Fat in Hong Kong
12-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi Brandy, hope you had a good Christmas! :)

Yes, I feel really positive right now, I've never quite felt like this before. It's amazing what a bit of jealousy and paranoia does for you! :lol: ... Although I must admit it's not a nice way to get yourself motivated ... I wouldn't recommend anyone tries this at home!! :lol: I'm just glad that something good has come out of something not so good :)

Nichola

NicoleNYC
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
It's amazing what a bit of jealousy and paranoia does for you!

Ok, you HAVE to put that in your sig!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:balloons: :cheers: :dance: :flow1: :balloons:

NicoleNYC
01-01-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm making a new thread for us y'all.

It'll be called, "Desperately Need a Diet Buddy 2005, #22" - we need a new name. Those Desperate Housewives chicks keep thowing me off.

I propose a New Name For Our Thread challenge!

B