Support Groups - SAHM's #261 Thursday

View Full Version : SAHM's #261 Thursday

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories excercising, and drinking lots of water.

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 08:07 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

TODAY IS MY 9TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!

Good Morning Ladies. Hope everyone had a great night. Andrew gave me probably the best gift ever...7 1/2 hours of straight, solid, 100% sleep. I'm refreshed and already in a great mood. I'm staying home today and getting some laundry done, my desk area organized, the bathroom cleaned and the majority of the house picked up.

Penny, you were one busy mama yesterday, hope it slows down for you.

Jill, sorry you had such a busy, busy day. I did too. Hope today brings calmer waves your way.

Geri, good luck with the kids at the sitter. Hope work goes well.

Amy Michele, my kids call my parents papa and nanny too. Thought that was neat. Have fun shopping.

Michelle, thanks for your warm sleeping wishes, it worked. Hope you have a great day.

Spryng, is this how's it going to be if dh gets a job close to home? Please say no, you are my biggest inspiration and I'm sure you are to these other ladies.

Hello to Deana, Amy, Mel, Chris, Ricci and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope everyone has a great day.

I'm gonna enjoy some coffee and keep looking at our house plans, I'm getting my design in mind. We figured it last night and it's right over 2100 sq. ft. Do you know the house I live in now, is less than 1000? It really will be like a mansion to me. When we sign papers and I know we are actually starting, I'll scan this house plan and post it for you all to see.
Hope you all have a great day. TTYL

melmcc99
09-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Morning ladies!@!!!!!!

Crystal.. Happy Anniversary! I will send you clothes out on Saturday!

Bugga was up very early this am. 5am, so I ended up sleeping in while he was napping. Not good, because Abby has school and I have to get to the gym. Dont feel like it, but I do feel like it ...IF you know what I mean. So, I'll check in later when I'm all back here.

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Mel, so sorry about your night. Maybe when you have your anniversary you'll get a good night's sleep, lol!!! Just kidding. Thanks for those clothes. If you want me to pay for shipping, let me know. Thanks again. Have fun at the gym.

chrily
09-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Morning ladies,
Crystal-Happy Anniversary! Glad you finally got some well deserved sleep in.

Best wishes for a great day to all you gals. I was up early early early again. My other arm and hand swelled and started to hurt, so down to the couch I came. Nicole was outside playing in the leaves yesterday, and came in wheezing so...Yep, again! We are back to breathing treatments. She's been awake feeling awful since about 3 this morning. My poor little munchkin. I'll be home today instead of working. I'll just have to go print everything up on Sunday I guess.

I'm going to start waterlogging my body in just a bit. I'm only going to shoot for 100 oz. today. That extra 30+ added way to many trips to the bathroom.

I'll check in later after I get the kids off to school and Nicole settled down and comfortable. C-ya later girlies
~chris

Deana1113
09-30-2004, 09:43 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CRYSTAL AND DH!!!

Crystal: WOW, maybe you should tell Andrew that every day is your anniversary... ;) . It could mean more restful nights. Hope you have a great day. Are you and dh doing anything special today?

Michelle: Call your doctor today. I imagine you have heard but they are doing a worldwide recall on the Vioxx. If you want I can send a link for you to read on our local news. Glad you have today off too, after working as much as you have lately you need it girl.

Amy Michele: Hope you and Joe have a nice weekend without the angels. I can't remember what that's like. I have a hard time finding someone (or several someones) to take all 4 of mine for a night so we can go out. We agreed a couple months ago that we need 1 night every month to go on a date. Well it happened last month but Oct. isn't looking good so far. Our 6th anniversary is the 17th but dh has to work all that weekend. Then the next weekend he will be gone for 5 days, then work the next weekend. I may never get a date!!! :dizzy: . :bravo: on the WATP. I need to do mine this morning so I can get jumpstarted. I've been slacking a bit on them so I need to get my butt in gear.

Jill: Your evening class sounds great. Have you thought about what cause you are going to campaign for? Will you actually be raising donations for your cause? or is it all mock? Have you heard anymore on Bayley's lab results? Don't worry about the water, you still did great considering how much you were running. Today is another day ;)

Spryng: COME BACK!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
And tell dh he better not be making you eat bad or we're coming for him :devil:

Chris: Hope today is a better day for you. Hope helping dh clean last night wasn't too much for your hands.

Mel: Sounds like a busy day there. Glad to hear you are so enthused about getting to the gym!!! You go girl! Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Have you decided anymore on the tests for Bugga? Have a great time at the gym and a great day after you get done.

Leigh: Can't those darned computer guys work any faster? Tell them you have an online family to get back to and they need to step up the pace a bit :D .

Geri: I know you are working today but wanted to let you know I hope the sitter works out great for you. I have a hard time trusting anyone with mine. Guess that makes it a little harder to get away.....lol.

Penny: Busy day again today? Have a great one.

Hi to anyone I missed. I'm sure there are several out there.

As for me, dh is off today and wants to go look at a flea market we passed the other day. We've been keeping our eyes open for a couple of chairs to go in the gun shop with a table for customers to sit at and BS. This place had many, many chairs hung on a wall. Just hope they aren't too expensive. I can get some at auction for probably $10 each. Other than that, I need to excercise, dishes, laundry and get busy on my cub scout stuff. I need to start meetings next week and still don't have a place lined up to have them. I don't have room here for me and 7 boys to do anything. So I have to contact a few places in town.

Supper tonight will be Simmered Dove Breasts, something for a side and a veggie or two. I'll have to have something else for the kids to eat because I'm not sure they will eat the dove. They aren't too keen on wild game unless it's venison or BBQ squirrel. Oh well, dh loves to hunt and it's food on the table. I'll try to get them to atleast try it.

I need to go WATP and get things going around here....while dh is dove hunting. Rabbit season starts tomorrow and we have a beagle pup that is really anxious to hunt. He already goes out and "runs" them.

Talk to you ladies later.

spryng
09-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Good morning all!!!
So glad to be here again! Dh is out on the dump truck with FIL so he'll be gone today and leaves out tomorrow. Job hunting was a bust. We tried everyday but there is just nothing around here, well that pays worth anything anyway. I was so frustrated yesterday because you either have to know someone who knows someone to get a good job around here or just pray they are desperate and will hire anyone. Not that my dh doesn't have great qualifications, he does... they just want specific ones I guess that he could quickly learn but they don't want to bother with it. So anyway... so tomorrow he goes back to his company which he is not happy with. Neither am I, but what can I do? I've talked about going back to work also so he could get a job around here that paid less but got him home everynight, but he hasn't decided if he wants me to do that or not. Ok, enough about that I suppose.
So I missed you all!!! Today I will be catching up on housework since dh won't be home until after 4-5 pm. Did anyone watch Lost last night??? What a great episode!!!!! Lots of mysteries on that island!! Great show so far. I also saw Wife Swap and boy I really hated the dh of that rich woman. What a pud. Would rather be at the gym than home with his kids at dinner time. So stupid. I didn't like her much at first either but as the show went on she wasn't so bad even though she was still very lazy. Dinner tonight will be something with chicken... chicken breasts. Any ideas what to do with them??

Deana, you crack me up! My eating has been pretty good while dh is home. I slipped up a little yesterday but all in all he's been really good about supporting my plan and eating it without any complaints, lol. I haven't had dove in years! My dad was a real hunter and we ate squirell all the time, and dove and rabbits and deer and such growing up. I even rememeber huge geese at thanksgiving and such. Good stuff!! :) I think you and I have more in common than we know, lol.

Chris, I haven't caught up on past threads yet so please tell me what you did to your arm and what is going on with your little one! Get better soon ok?

Mel, hope you are able to get to the gym!

Crystal, happy anniversary!! Anything planned for tonight? Dinner out or something? I hope it's a great one and this year the best ever! And I can't wait to see pictures of those houseplans!!!! And no, I won't be MIA like I have been if dh gets a job here locally... because he'd be working 9-5 or whatever and I'd be able to post on the net, lol. Right now he is home everyday and every time I get on the computer he says, come spend time with me! Come talk to me! So he guilts me into staying off it, lol... but if he was working everyday there wouldn't be a problem, lol. 2100 sq ft would seem like a mansion to me too... our house is barely 1000 sq ft also so I know what you mean.

Ok, I'm going to go back and try to catch up on ya'lls lives for the past few days and see what I missed. TTYL!
Oh Penny and Jill, how is Core going? I noticed you both stopped posting on the Core board, I hope you are still loving it and it's working for you! :)

mompen
09-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Morning Ladies......

I tried like three different times to post yesterday and it wasn't happening :(

Melissa,
I am so happy for you! I know you have your motivation back and you are getting in high gear now :) Awesome :) Keep up the great work! Thanks for all the cheering for me too :)

Kristen,
Ok we have decided for next week to start an exercise/water challenge for the week: You have to do some sort of exercise 4/7 days and 64 oz of water every day :) I am not sure what the prize will be at the end of the week.... A card in the mail? Whatcha think?
Anyone else wanna join us :)

Deana,
How are you doing on watp's? I have been doing the 2 mile every day and I am making sure I keep it hyped up... I am starting to feel the burn :) Do you have any pics of hubby's shop? I would to see it!

Crystal,
Happy Anniversary! :cheer: :cheer: Congrats on the sleep!!!! Are ya'll doing anything special???

Cindi,
When is your weigh in day?? I am so proud of you to be down! :cheer: I was keeping you in my prayers on the biopsy. I am glad they were answered!

Chris,
Poor Nicole~ I hope she and You start feeling better today! HUGS!

Spryng,
Ok Gimme directions to Kansas!!!!!!!! I am coming after you~

Michelle,
Bet the girls and you had a great time staying home :) Anything new on the Light the Night in your area?

Amy!
Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss~ That is awesome :) And I love your screen name :)

Ricci,
Hope Eric starts feeling better! Did they give him a steriod? Let us know how finals go! :goodluck:

Julie,
How are you doing girlie?

Jill,
I miss you girlie :) :)

Geri,
I am waiting to see how the boys did with the new sitter! I bet they are having a blast!

Well I am not doing too much around here today... Lazy today :) lol

My cat has been missing since yesterday and I found her this morning on the side of the house. She passed away but I am ok with it b/c it doesn't look like anything happened to her... She was 12
Anyhow I got hubby coming home to get her :(

Yesterday's QOTD: I want to wear those silky long skirts but my hips and thighs are huge and they clinge to them :(

My QOTD *from yesterday...lol)
What is your most tempting food and how do you cope?

This is so strange i know but I am obessed with Blue Plate Mayo... I used to but it on everything ... and I mean everything....lol I just don't eat it at all anymore b/c I can't just eat a little.... and I do not like any other low fat or ff mayo :(

mompen
09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Spryng! I haven't really even been posting on my board.... Just so much going on!

Doing just fine though... eating well and exercising and getting in my water :)

I am so sorry hubby hasn't found anything :( Glad ya'll are getting in some good time together though :) HUGS :)

sydsmom
09-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Good Morning! Got dd to Pre-school and now I am going to tackle this desk...it is horrible and I need to pay bills!

Spryng!!! Yea!! You are alive, I am sorry that dh couldn't find a job, things will work out the way they are suppose to, I will say some prayers for you and your family! As far as the chicken breasts, you could make that crab stuffing that I told you about that one time.....cream cheese, lipton herb and garlic packet, and crab meat! Anyway -that is the only thing I can think of....it sounds good to me! :lol:

Crystal - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! SOOOOO glad you got some sleep last night, that is great. Are you and dh doing anything special? That is awesome about the house plans. Glad you guys are getting that all figured out. 2100 sq ft. is a great size! our home is 1600 sg. ft and I know we could use the more room !!!Good luck with the plans!

Deana - Dove? that is awesome, like you and spryng, I had pheseant, duck, geese, dove, buffalo, deer and shark.......my parents always liked to try new things. Shark was really good, surprisingly! Sounds like a good meal! Way to go on the positive attitude lately, you are doing awesome, have a great day!

Amy Michele - my mom and dad are nana and papa too! I also had my dads parents as nana and papa (nanny and poppy)...that is so cool I think. and it makes it easier for kids to understand whick set of grandparents Im talking about! LOL!

Chris - sorry you are having so much trouble with your RH. I would be going nuts, saying some prayers for some relief for you SOON!

OKay I can't remember anyone else! LOL! My mom just stopped my, I will be back later when I get some of this desk done !! TTYL !!!

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Just checking in between duties. Fixing to hop in the shower then clean the bathroom. Got kitchen cleaned and swept, laundry in washer, bed made. After the bathroom is cleaned, I'll start on my desk area. That's going to take until lunch time I'm sure. After lunch, we'll school.

Anyways, Spryng, so glad you're back. So sorry dh didn't find a job. But like we ALL know, you never know where the road is going to lead you and when the right job opens or the right path is there, you'll know and then understand what the long process was all about. I don't think we're going out tonight. Maybe this weekend, but nothings planned. We spent over an hour just talking about the house and looking at the plans and that was very nice.

Penny, sorry to hear about the cat. Was it old age? Glad you're able to be around today.

Deana, thanks for the anniversary wishes. Hope you and dh have fun today.

Chris, sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better as the day goes on and hope Nicole gets better. I know all about that and I hate it too, there's nothing you can do for them to make it better. Breaks your heart.

Okay, gonna jump in the shower. TTYL

melmcc99
09-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Penny, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. :( Poor little thing. She's in a good place now anyway. How r the kids taking it? Do they know?

Deana, have fun at the flea market. Hope you find the chairs.

Kristin. Good Morning.

Spryng, nice to hear from you. Sorry, dh didn't find a worth wild job. Hope you get in all that cleaning that you have to do.

Ok ladies, I got to the gym and did well. I got my half hour intense walk in. burned 260 calories. Check in with you all later.

Bayleysmom
09-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey girls! Don't have class till tonight but I will have the other baby here at 11:30 till after I leave for class so not sure how much I will be here since I will be having 2 babies to take care of!! I'll tell ya even though Bayley and him are both easy going kids it's stilll SO hard! Geez I was trying to get myself some dinner last night and it was almost immpossible. Luckily when I have another one Bayley will be about 3 so it will hopefully be a little easier. Anyway my diet was going good this week till I bought a small bag of Riesen last night and decided to have just the serving size YA RIGHT!! I ate like half the bag! It was a small bag but still past the serving size. It's ok though, I have my weekly cheat points so I will just not have that many this weekend. Luckily we are having girls night on Sat. and we have decided to eat healthy since almost everyone coming is on some kind of diet. We are going to have tri tip steak, couscous and a veggie and for dessert I am going to bring a South Beach approved dessert that I learned from my mom. Anyway I hope I can get a few things done today while the baby is here, I am hoping he will sleep the same time Bayley does, he doesn't take nearly as long naps as Bayley does so that should be interesting. I think he takes more of them though so that will be nice. So thats my day, nothing exciting but I am hoping to get in a lot of water since I will be home almost all day!!

Crystal YAY on the sleep!!! YAY on the anniversary!!!! And YAY on the 2100 square foot house!!!!! Geez that is a huge house!! Are you paying big bucks for it? I just ask cuz my parents just built a 1700 square foot house and it was A LOT of money. The only way they were able to do it was since they made a lot off of their other house and had paid a lot of it off. Are you selling your house that you are in right now? Our house is about 1160 square feet and we are going to outgrow it soon but we will keep it as a rental once we move into a bigger house, good investment I think. Anyway I hope you have a great day! It should be with all that great stuff going on right?

Mel sorry bugga was up early, I did the same thing the other day and was drained for the rest of the day. How is it too much sleep does the same thing to you as not enough sleep? Weird.

Chris AHHHHHH not again! Sorry about your hand and your dd. I hope they both get well soon!

Deana for my campaign I'm thinking of doing something with Boys and Girls Clubs or the Sparrow foundation. Both have people working in them that are family so it would be an easy contact and I know I could really get something cool going. Sparrow foundation is for terminally ill kids and the sparrow clubs go into the school the child attneds and helps the school come up with ways to raise funds or other things that the child, or child's family might need. Sometimes it's just money to help will medical bills and sometimes it's a van to get to and from far away doctors visits. It's a really neat organization and my cousin in the go to person in our valley so it would be cool. Anyway my job in my class is to find out what they need and come up with a persuasive way to get it by doing some sort of radio, video, visual type thing in front of the class, we are not required to really do it for the actual people if we dont want but we can and I think I will, I mean if I spend all that time on a cool project why not share it. Sorry for the book, I was just excited! :) I've never had dove or squirrel. I've had duck, elk and deer and that's about it!! LOL Hope you got your exercise in!

Spryng!! YAY!!!! YOUR BACK!!! Geez it was really weird without you! Can't wait for you to be back officially! Anyway I have just been really busy like Penny and haven't even posted as much here as usual either. I'm doing good with CORE and lost 2 pounds last week so I was excited about that. I'm still going strong aside from TOM this week so we will see how WI goes. Hope you get to post again today!!! Sorry about dh's job hunting :( I'm sure something will come up when the time is right. My dh doesn't like his job either but we decided he should stick it out till I start teaching since it's unlikely he would find another job that pays as much and then we would be in trouble bill wise and I'm not supposed to work during the Masters program. Anyway I know your pain in a small way. Time will tell I guess :)

Penny sorry about you cat :( SAD. Do the boys know yet?

QOTD: Hardest food for me to stay away from is anything sweet, especially chocolate. I can't even keep chocolate chips in the house or I will eat them, it's bad!!!

Hi Kristin, hope you are having a great day!!! How was your day of nothing? LOL

Allright need to get baby up so I can get her back down for a nap so I can get a shower before the other baby gets here. Glad he doesn't come every day like this or I would have a pig sty house everyday!! LOL Oh wait I do!! Just kidding. Have a great day ladies!!

melmcc99
09-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Sorry, I forgot the qotd from yesterday. BROWNIES are my downfall. I try to just aviod them. I wait till everyone else has had theirs and if there are none left, it wasn't meant to be. If there's a few left I eat one. then I won't be tempted to have another.

Sorry, I can't think of a QOTD for today yet.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I am in on the water again today...it's all I have! LOL!! do you know my fridge was working fine, so we sent the rental back yesterday and my old fridge is on the blink again!! I judt don't think it likes to be moved, so we are going to unplug it and see if it resets itself again! It ran for almost 4 weeks with no problems til I moved it! GRRRRRRR

Today I am cooking up as much as I can out of the fridge and freezer so we can unplug it for 24 hours! INSANE!!

I am feeling TOM coming on and so far I am still down 2.5 pounds, which I think is way cool!!

My weakness is chocolate and peanut butter! If I had chocolate chips, I would stir them in with some pb and eat them by the spoonful!! LOL! My brain somehow never registers when I eat anything with that combo and before I know it...I have been VERY BAD!! So if my brain doesn't register that I am eating tons of pb and chocolate, maybe as a combo they are calorie free??
;)

PEnny...I'd love to join the challenge, but can't due to my surgery! Hope you do it again when I am able! So sorry about the kitty!! ((((Penny)))

Spryng...glad you are back!

Mel...great job on the exercising, I am so proud of you!!

To the rest...my mind just went blank, so I am going to eat something and be back later...but I luv ya all!!

Going to do some cleaning then I will check back!

chrily
09-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey again...
Got a few minutes before I have to pick Kayla up from school. Just got done with a breathing treatment on Nicole and she's watching Little Bill now.

anyhow..
Spryng-Glad to see your still here. We sure miss you when you're gone. My hand and arm are feeling a little better. It's that stupid rheumatoid arthritis-RA is more of an auto-immune disease. It's been causing swelling in my wrists the last few days. The swelling presses the median nerve in the carpal tunnel and causes all this "great" pain in my hands up to my shoulder. I think I'd rather go through childbirth again without an epidural while being on pitocin... :D As far as Nicole is concerned, she is having more breathing problems. She was outside playing yesterday in the wind and now she's wheezing and coughing....AGAIN!

Jill-have fun with those 2 little ones. I agree its hard work. I help my sister out by watching her little boy. He's the same age as Nicole. It's enough to make you pull your hair out trying to keep two 2 year olds out of trouble.

Crystal- Congrats on your house. We bought ours a little over a year ago, and ours is 2100 sq. feet. It is so nice to have bedrooms for everyone. And we even had enough room in the lowest level to put in a playroom (can't say the kids use it, but its there)...and God bless the person who put in 2 bathrooms... :D

Penny-Sorry about your kitty. We had to put our big boy kitty to sleep awhile ago. My dad had him down at his warehouse. He was a real doll. I have 4 cats at home right now. The little meow-meow is in a better place for sure. God has to have a cat heaven somewhere..

Michelle-How was your day with the girls? Hope you had fun.

QOTD from yesterday...I cannot stop at just one piece of cheesecake. And definitely keep me away from gummi peach rings, choc. covered cinnamon bears, and my other bad thing...PRINGLES!

Hi to everyone else. I have to remove my buns from this chair and go get Kayla from school now. Check back later this afternoon.
~chris

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi all. Fixing to have lunch myself and start school. Been so busy this morning. Cleaned, rearranged and organized my desk area.

QOTD: Mostly anything sweet. Jill, I've done the chocolate chip thing too. But some things I don't get tempted by and that's what I try to keep in the house for the others.

Jill, we are going to be able to afford it, hopefully, because dh is building it. He's always lived in the construction industry and with him doing almost ALL of the work himself, we're saving big time. 2100 sq. ft. is huge, but with 4 kids and homeschooling and such, we need it.

Hope all is going well. Gotta keep chugging along. TTYL

Bayleysmom
09-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Crystal I think that is so great that you will be able to have a nice house and save money building it too. I think it will be such a nice change to have such a big house when you were used to living in a small one. Great for 4 kids too! Congrats!!

mompen
09-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Afternoon Ladies..

Crystal,
I know you are getting excited about the house! Very nice :) Our home is 1500 something and we could use extra space...lol

Jill,
I hope you have a good class tonight! I didn't ask you .... are they paying you to watch Hunter or is it a friend thing ? I'm being nosey...lol That is so neat that the girls night out will be healthy!!!! YAH!

Chris,
Are you feeling any better?

Cindi!
I am thinking of you! What time is your surgery for? How long will you be down? We will do a different challenge every week so you will be in soon :) HUGS :)

Mel,
I am so glad you got your walk in! So did I! YAH :) I am feeling really good about myself and know I will be able to get those new clothes off layaway before we leave for the trip :) :) Call me soon :)

Kristen,
Are you in on the challenge girly???
Have a good day :)

To everyone else I send my love :) HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayleysmom
09-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey Penny, yes I am being paid. I told them no but they said there is no way they would do it if I didn't accept money. I'm glad I am though cuz now I can save it for Christmas and that will be really cool. It's also nice cuz there are days and weeks that I don't have to do it so it gives me a break so I don't get burnt out. I'm kind of dreading it today though since it is so long. But it's only today so I figure I can deal with it. Glad you are doing so good with the diet. I'm not doing so good today but I will try harder for the rest of the day. Just feel kind of lost since I will have the extra baby and will not get a lot done. Oh well I'll stop whining I guess! LOL TTYL

spryng
09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Ok I'm back! Got most of my housework done. Kitchen is clean, dh's laundry is going... all I have left is the living room and that can wait till later. I've been working on a new crochet project for my cousins baby to be. Now that I know for sure it's a girl I decided on a beautiful purple and white blanket with butterfly motifs on it. It's very cute, I'll have to take a pic of the pattern and post it so you all can see what it will look like when it's done. I've got 4 squares completed so far. So it's coming along nicely. Dinner tonight will be leftover rosemary chicken with beans... I have lots leftover from the other night so I thought I'd just use them. I made some pumpkin fluff to go with it for dessert... mmmm... it's tasty! I wanted to make another crustless pumpkin pie but then when I got everything out I realized I was out of eggs so that threw that idea out the window, lol. So I found another pumpkin recipe and made it instead. It has a can of pumpkin, sf/ff vanilla pudding, ff cool whip, and pumpkin pie seasoning in it and boy does it make alot! So we'll have that after dinner tonight.
The in-laws are starting in on me today. They know how bad dh wants a local job so they are pushing for him to run their dump truck. Which in a perfect world would be nice but that truck wouldn't make enough money to live off of, especially for two families. It's a feast or famine job and they mostly are famined, lol. So anyway, SIL told me today that I could go back to work full time and she'd watch my kids so that dh could quit his job and try his hand at the family business. Hmmmm... wouldn't work. One reason is I don't have much job experiance and I'd need a job that paid much better than minimum wage and that would be hard for me to get right away. I wish I could. And I would need a good paying job because if the dump truck didn't work for many days (or the weather was bad) we would not be able to pay our bills and we are buying a new van and I don't want to lose it for any reason. So yeah, it's something I considered but I have no idea how to do this. Anyway... I hope dh doesn't come home later with any crazy ideas. he's only working for them today because they lame guy they hired had to go to court. So this was a favor to them. When we first moved here DH was suppose to take over the business and that went over like a lead balloon. Before we knew it MIL and FIL would take off in the dump truck to run local loads and such and never even tell dh so that we wouldn't get paid. We would find out by running into someone that knew or running into them in town... I would be furious! Anyway, I could go on and on about what went wrong the first time around and I learned my lesson. Never again! Unless we had some kind of iron clad contract. I want it in writing how much they will pay him each day etc. Before they would pay him what they wanted and it was never the same... drove me nuts. OK, enough about that, lol... I can feel my blood boiling, lol.

Jill, it's nice that you are making some extra money! So glad core is working for you! what does your dh think?

Penny, you sound very busy too! And I'll give you directions to my house anyday! LOL!! Come on over!

Crystal, still waiting on that blue print picture!!! Can't wait to see your new house!

Chris, that sounds so painful! That's kinda like me when I get a ruptured cyst on my ovaries, I'll take childbirth anyday over that, lol. Too painful. Maybe it's because we know childbirth has an end and other pain we have no idea when and if it will end and the pain is constant and not intermittant like labor, hmm... just a thought ,lol.

Cindi, hope your fridge acts normal soon! And I'm so glad your biopsy came back normal! I was thinking about you.

Kristin, how is your day going?

Well I'm off for a short nap. TTYL!

Loveliam
09-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Another flyby by me . . . posting on DH's computer again :( Still thinking of you gals and missing you.

sydsmom
09-30-2004, 05:05 PM
hey its me real quick! I am trying to get the bathrooms cleaned before I go to dinner with a friend!

Melissa - Thanks so much for the chat, I needed it, and it was good to heat your voice! Must do that more often! :) Hope you find a sitter!

Crystal - that is neat that dh is doing the house himself, good luck with everything! :goodluck:

Spryng - I'm sorry that you are so frusterated! I knwo the feeling when dh quit his job and now works for his dad. They have a different kind of deal going on, but I can relate! :) My day is going well, thanks for asking! Dinner and dessert sounds good at your house!

Jill - WHEW! You are a busy girl! You should email me your schedule, so we know when you are able to pencil us in! LOL! My day of nothing was wonderful, I got lots done and had a nice time with dd too!

Cindi - way to go on the water!

Penny - I am definately in on the challenge! In fact, with Mel's advice, I might be joining a gym ! So that would be great! Sorry about your kitty :(

Chris - I hear ya on the pringles girl! LOL!

Leigh - so glad you checked it, we miss you terribly! Get that puter fixed!

Michelle - where are ya girly?

Deana - how is the water going ..I've got about 32 oz down me!

First QOTD: food I can't seem to get away from....regular pop is tough, and also chips! Especially pringles, I have to fight some major temptations to buy those ! LOL!

MY QOTD for today: What is your favorite movie of all time!?!?! Mine would be pretty woman, its such a classic, I can watch it over and over. As of late though, I really enjoyed Paycheck with Ben Affleck! yummy! LOL!
OKay - back to those bathrooms! TTYL!

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 05:10 PM
QOTD #2: This is tough, but I do love Passion of the Christ. Of course on another level I LOVE Never Been Kissed. But on even a different level, I love The Rock and ConAir. It depends on what mood I'm in I think.
Okay, got all of my filing done, load of laundry in dryer, tea is made and I'll start in the kitchen about 500. Hope everyone is doing well.

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/watkinsguru/3fc-houseplan.jpg

I tried to make this small. I reduced it almost as much as I could. Still can't figure that out. ANyways, some of the things will be different, but the basic layout is the same.
I'll get back on later and explain some of it, gotta go cook dinner now.

spryng
09-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Back again! Wow, I bet you all didn't think you'd see so much of me today, lol. DH should be home soon. We already had dinner though. By 4 pm I am starving so I had to get dinner going. It was good. Dh can have some when he gets in.
I guess I missed the QOTD's-
#1- I have a weakness for chocolate and breads... I can easily go overboard on them.
#2- my favorite movie would have to be.... hmmm... there are so many! Like Crystal I have favorites in different categories. I love all the Titanics because I just love the story, I love braveheart (even though I won't watch it anymore because I cry way too hard) Real Genius and Clueless are a couple of my favorite comedies... Serendipity is one of my favorite romance movies.... hm... But then again I love all the Mummy movies and Jurassic Park and horror movies... ok see? I could go on and on, lol. As long as it's not a western or a stupid funny movie I will watch them, lol.
Speaking of movies, we saw quite a few the other day (not all in one day, lol) We rented Jersey Girl and Along Came Polly, The Alamo, Walking Tall and Man on Fire (I had already seen that one but dh hadn't) I thought Along Came Polly was hilarious! Jersey Girl was ok.... The Alamo was pretty good I guess if you like that kind of thing. I hated that they all die. But that is history right? Walking Tall was a typical "Rock" movie (good thing he's so good looking, lol) it was based on a true story but it didn't follow the story line well. And of course I thought Man on Fire was amazing, great movie and Denzel should definitely win something for it. Have you all seen anything lately? The forgotten came out last friday and I want to see it so bad. Guess I have to wait.

Kristin, does your dh and his dad have a written contract? I'm glad that works for them.

Leigh, what is wrong with your computer and when will it be fixed!!! :)

Ok, guess I'll get off here and do some more crocheting. Wasn't there a couple of other here crocheting too? Crystal, you still doing it?
TTYL!

spryng
09-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Crystal, you snuck in on me! The houseplan looks great from what I can see. Is there a room to the left of the living room? And is it a 3 bedroom or 4? I love the master suite! Great bathroom in there and big closet!! Love that! The kitchen looks nice and spacious too! I'm so envious!!! :) (in a good way, lol) You deserve this!

chrily
09-30-2004, 05:48 PM
QOTD #2 My favorite latest movie would be Passion of the Christ, too. I love comedies too: Meet the Parents, Bruce Almighty, and of course, Christmas Vacation. If you want to talk chick flicks, it would have to be Bed of Roses or Fried Green Tomatoes. Animated movies: I love Veggie Tale movies. I like to many movies... :)

I've been drinking water like crazy today but I also couldn't resist going to Wendy's to get lunch. I thought I'd be okay with a jr. cheeseburger and a med. fry...wrong, it used up 16 WW points. That leaves me 2 points for the rest of the day. I have flexpoints to use though. I get really disappointed with myself. On Monday when I weighed in, I had lost 3 lbs. Then I spend the rest of the week trying to justify giving myself a reward, which wouldn't be bad, but I use...food...the thing that got me here in the first place. That pattern is so engrained in my mind. How do you break the pattern of "Well, I did good last week, I deserve a treat!" I'm undoing everything again. I don't understand what makes me eat the way I do because I so desperately want to be thinner and healthier.

OH! BTW, my question for anyone who wants to answer is this.. How do you get a child to eat dinner? My 5 year old absolutely will not eat. She eats great for breakfast, good for lunch and a small snack in the afternoon. She hasn't eaten dinner in 4-5 days. Around 9 p.m. she cries because her stomach hurts so bad. I'm worried that she is going to damage her health or end up with an eating disorder. This is a very tense subject for my husband and I. He comes from a family of hearty eaters and thinks she should be too. He thinks they should clean their plates. Me, as long as they eat something, I'm happy. They don't have to finish it. I came from a family where they tried to make us clean our plates too. I refused to eat dinner when I was in 7th grade for the longest time. My mom said she worried about me then because I went way down on the weight. I look at my pictures now and I looked like a skeleton. I don't want to turn my kids off to food or cause them to anorexic or something like that. Please help. What would you do?

~chris

spryng
09-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Chris, you snuck in on me too, lol.
The eating dilemma happens to everyone I think. Maybe if you cut out the afternoon snack she will want to eat at dinner? Do you make sure you make things you know she likes?? And I would make her a plate and if she refuses to eat I'd stick it in the fridge and when she complains later of being hungry I'd reheat it and keep offering it until she eats it. My kids know that they get nothing else later in the evening until they eat some dinner. I don't require clean plates but I do require some effort on their part. But if she is eating hearty at breakfast and lunch then maybe she truly isn't hungry come dinnertime. What time does she get her snack and what time is dinner? maybe they are too close together?? Anyway, that is my 2 cents, lol.

MichelleRae
09-30-2004, 06:01 PM
HI girls quick post from me I hope you are all doing well!

Power came back on at about 5 am this morning after we blew 3 transformers from the storm the power company got one that worked right or lasted more than 5 minutes.

Spryng great to see you didn't forget about us ;) LOL Sounds like you are doing great!!

Deana I did see the voluntary shelf pull of vioxx but I called my doctor and he thinks its silly, and he said since I don't take it everyday I'm really not at risk. Infact he said he would be taking all the samples from the office and continue to use it himself, I believe he has arthritis, just so you don't think I go to some quack pill popper of a doctor lol.

Penny how are you?

Jill :wave:

Leigh great to see you pop in!

Oh we're having an UN-birthday party with the girls tonight, Taylor is so excited!

Ok I have more to do around here, I'll be back later!
Michelle

sydsmom
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
okay I couldn't resist....another quick post for me while I am waiting for a friend to call before getting into the shower! hehe..I just love you guys!

Spryng - it is sort of like a contract....dad owns and is president of a demolition/construction company....Adam currently is in KC working for like $35 an hour (it pays big time to do union jobs)....and anything over 8 hours in one day is overtime, not cummulative like a normal job....well since he has nothing else to do while he is down there, he is working literially like 12-15 hours a day! well with all the overtime he would be making like $2000 a week, well that would be great except for taxes which are horrible of course, and the fact that the company isn't making all that money until the job is complete! So they worked out a deal and signed a contract thign, where adam will get cash for this and he will get a salary pay of 1200 a week. But when he comes back, its back to his regular salary stuff! :)

Crystal - the house looks great! Is it a ranch style (im assuming) can't wait to hear more of the details.....we have a floor plan of our house, I should post it ! :)

OKay to the rest of you! Michelle, Chris, Penny, and everyone else! I love you, I have to get into the shower or I will be late! :) Hav a good ngiht, I am sure that by the time I get done w/ dinner and go get sydney it will be too late to post, see you all tomorrow !! :)

TTYL! :grouphug:

mamawithdreams
09-30-2004, 08:41 PM
I just realized that the house plan did come out small. I can't get this size thing straight. Anyways.
Spryng, the room to the left of the livingroom is my office and classroom. It's actually a 4 bedroom plus office. The office is kind of small and no closet, so it would be hard to turn it into a bedroom, so I consider it a 4 bedroom.
Okay, we played with the kids outside a bit and then I gave them a bath. Kitchen is cleaned and I'm pooped.
I'll talk to ya later.

Deana1113
09-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Good evening ladies.

We went to 3 different flea markets today and dh still didn't find any chairs he liked that weren't too expensive. There were some for $10 each but they weren't sturdy at all. So I will watch for auctions and see if I cna't find some there.

Spryng: YOU'RE BACK!!! :D :D :D We really missed you. Sorry dh didn't find a local job. It will happen when it's meant to be. Sounds like you are doing great. The dove tonight was fabulous. I used chicken soup base with water, then topped the dove with sliced onion and green peppers, garlic salt, pepper and a little soy sauce. Cooked then for about 3.5 hours at 350 and they were sooooo tender. Fixed couscous with chicken broth and roasted potatoes, carrots and asparagus with lemon and herb seasoning to go with them. YUMMMMM!!!!

Cindi: What kind of surgery again? I can't remember and didn't see it in your post. Too bad about the fridge. Hope it straightens up soon. Did you give it a swift kick yet? :D

Penny: I've been slacking the last few days, but I've been waking up with my shoulder hurting a bit and it's just agitating. I didn't get it in today either because we went running around. But I did get in lots of stairs today looking around...lol. I don't have any pictures of hubby's shop and right now my digital camera isn't working but as soon as I can I'll get some. So sorry to about the kitty. My kids want one but we live too close to the road and I worry too much about them getting hit.

Kristin: We love wild game meat. Rabbit season opens tomorrow and raccoon season and deer season in November. Opening day of deer season is my birthday, so dh said I get a deer for my birthday this year. :lol: Thanks for the kudos. I saw a friend today at the grocery store and after I got home she called to tel me that she is so proud of me and that I am looking great. She wanted to tell me in the store but said she didn't know if it would embarass me. I told her no way, I want everyone to know.... ;) .

Jill: That campaign sounds wonderful. I would put all that effort toward actually helping them out too. Hope your day was good with the babies. Have a good night at class.

Mel: Glad you got to the gym again today. I checked on Curves and the startup fee and first month was $111.50. I just can't do it right now. And that was 50% off startup fees.....geeeez.

QOTD: yesterday: I guess my weakness would be any of the cakes I make from scratch, like the black magic cake I made for the family reunion on Sunday. It's made with black coffee, buttermilk and cocoa....and all the other typical cake stuff like flour, etc. and the frosting is semi sweet chocolate squares and powdered sugar with walnuts.....ok I'll stop now. Good thing it's gone now. Dh finished it last night.

Leigh: Glad you checked in to let you know you haven't forgotten us. Hope your puter is fixed soon. We miss you!!!

QOTD: Today: My all time most favorite is...don't laugh... The Wizard of Oz. I make sure I watch it every year when they show it and have had the kids watch it with me a couple times too. I wish I owned it, just haven't ever bought it. Something to reward myself with I guess. At 30 lbs gone.

Crystal: The house plans look great. Our house is 1225 sq.ft., 3 bedroom, one bath. With 6 people, one bathroom is horrible. Good thing I'm not afraid to squat outside and we live in the country ;) . I want a bigger house but that's just not feasible right now.

Chris: I think all kids go through that stage. I have one that won't hardly eat meat unless it's ground beef, sometimes chicken. One of them will eat a whole steak and want more. My daughter is a meat eater too and kinda picky about everything else but she eats enough. I don't require clean plates but I do demand that they atleast try everything on their plate. If they really don't like something, they don't have to finish it. But atleast they tried it. If she's not eating anything at all, I'm with whoever said to try cuttin gout her snack in the afternoon. Hope that helps. Good luck with her.

Michelle: I don't think you go to a quack.... :lol: . Just didn't know if you had read about the recall or not.
Hope the girls' UN-birthday party was fun.

Water for the day: 80 oz down. May not get the other 20 in. I'm not feeling great tonight and I'm going to go to bed as soon as the kids are asleep. I'll talk to you all again tomorrow. Oh, I better be thinking of my QOTD for tomorrow.

TTYL

Chubba
09-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

Way too tired to post!

Penny...sorry about kitty :(
Spryng...welcome back!
Leigh...hijack that computer more often!

Hi to everyone else. Things with sitter went great today...except the boys didn't want to leave with me...hmmmm. :) Makes it so much easier that they were good. Will even took an hour nap...of course he's now running around upstairs like crazy. I am a zombie and will get nothing done tonight...but I don't work now until Wednesday-Thurs-Friday of next week.

I'll come back tomorrow refreshed and talk to you all :). Have a great night!

mompen
09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Ladies...

Spryng,
I know you and dh know better about the job w/ inlaws... But I do home he finds something soon! Have you considered moving? I know that is a big step but I know there is nothing holding you down there.... Hey, You could come to Louisiana ;) :)

Deana,
Get it going girl! I know you can jump back on the wagon tomorrow on the exercise! I am rooting for you>.... And yeah I bet the stairs did give you a workout :)

Michelle,
Hope the girls had a good time w/ the unbirthday party..lol I send teagan's little sumthin sumthin in the mail :) hope you likey :)

Jill,
Ok Girl! You know I will only be one state over from you next month! Don't make me come kick your butt if you don't jump back on track!

Geri,
That is a mixed emotion that the kids had so much fun they don't wanna leave.....lol Glad that they had a good time!

Crystal,
I am so happy for you on the houseplans. They look very nice! Have you decided anything or anytheme on the baby's room?

Kristen,
WTG on joining the gym... Gimme the details.. When do you join and all that good stuff. I am thinking about going back soon. Once I start the gym I get addicted.. Before I got preggo with Andrew... I went for a year 5x/ week until I got preggo and then I still went until being put on bedrest... :( I miss it!

Chris,
I know you can jump back on tomorrow also! Just think how much better you will feel when you make it tomorrow on plan! You are doing just fine... The only thing is the achievement award! Make some goals if you want and make the prizes non gift items!

Leigh,
Hugs to you! We miss you :)

As for me, Hubby wanted to go out to eat tonight at our fav restaurant.. The Pepper Tree.... Well tonights special was MY FAVORITE!!!! Chicken Cardon Bleu... Yum Yum.... But I resisted! I got my water with lemon and a grilled chicken salad!

And guess what! I feel better about it and I still got full.....

QOTD: My fav movie is Picture Perfect :) with Jennifer Anniston

HUGS TO YOU ALL !

C YA IN THE AM :)

Bayleysmom
10-01-2004, 01:47 AM
:tired: :yawn: <------ This is me BTW! LOL I'm sooooooooooo tired! Anyway I will be better next week. Having TOM start the week of a new school schedule is not cool and I don't recomend it!! Anyway class tonight was ok. My teacher seems very strict but fair so that is good. The class room was freezing!! And I am always hot so I know there is a problem there. I keep my house around 68-70 and it was well below 65!! So brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Anyway I had to laugh when I walked into my class tonight because there was a girl I used to cheerlead with that started selling Mary Kay a few years back and trapped me into buying some stuff. Well after Bayley was born and I wasn't working I couldn't afford it anymore and she kept bugging me to "try" some stuff and no matter how many times I told her I couldn't afford it she kept calling. So.................... I stopped answering the phone when it was her calling and she kept calling!!!!!!!!!! I avoided her at all costs and I saw her every once in awhile at school but would always see her before she saw me and I would walk the other way. So guess who is in my class tonight!!! OMG I thought I was going to die!! I just carried on polite conversation like nothing happned but it was still awkward. So that was my excitement for the night. Then I got home and Ron told me he had the baby in the stroller in the garage with him tonight and she stood up and fell out of the stroller onto the gravel!! I wasn't too mad because he said she was ok later and felt really bad. However he started the story with "don't be mad" so I was expecting something like, "I spent 500.00" or something. Not that money is more important than my babies well being but she was obviously fine or he wouldn't have been home, he would have been at the hosptial. So that's my night in a nut shell. I'll try to catch up on all of you before I get too tired! :)

Leigh, get that puter fixed!!

Kristin hope you had fun with your friend! It's always so fun to go out and have adult female conversation! I'll e-mail you my schedule and then you can e-mail me back and I'll TRY to see if I can pencil you in! LOL :rofl:

QOTD: Little Women (the one with Wynona Ryder) LOVE that movie, Where the Heat is, Annie (you all know that one right, not the new one but the one from the 80's) Dirty Dancing, Goonies, Pretty Woman. I could go on and on!!!

Crystal those plans look cool, try to blow them up a little so we can see them better, it's really cool!!

Spryng!!! YAY!!! Have you had a good time this week with dh? Hasn't been the same without ya! Can't wait to chat with ya soon!

Chris sorry I can't help too much on the eating thing. Bayley eats everything right now, including stuff she is not supposed to! LOL, so my advice is cutting out the snack but I have no formal training as some of these other women do so by all means do what you think is right!! Hope your hand is feeling better.

Hi Michelle!! Working tonight? What did you do at the un-birthday?

Deana all this talk about eating those diff animals is crazy!! I've never eaten any of those things, well besides deer. Hope you got to feeling better!

Hi Geri! Glad your kids had fun at the sitters house! Glad that you have some days off! I'm sure your family is happy too!!

Penny I don't have the baby next week, TOM will be gone and I will be better adjusted to my school schedule. I have no intention of falling off the wagon don't worry! I want to get in on whatever challenge you guys are doing too, let me in on the details!!

Ok goodness that took forever. So I forgot to mention that having 2 babies was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but it was still hard and I am glad I don't have to do it every day! So no school tomorrow, it's just cleaning and grocery shopping/errands. Challenge tomorrow anyone? Let me know.

Ok way tired and needing some sleep. I'll chat with ya all later!!

mompen
10-01-2004, 07:44 AM
C ya @ 262