Support Groups - Not new but now old friends

View Full Version : Not new but now old friends

dabrat
09-29-2004, 03:46 PM
:coffee: OK I am going to try and combine my 2 threads into one thread. I hope you all will join me and give it one last try.
We have 12 weeks until Christmas and we ALL need to be setting some goals. So please give it some thinking and decide what your goals for the next week will be. I will keep everones goals written down in a notebok and will keep track of how well we are all doing. I can not belive that Christmas is so close now. I mean 12 weeks is nothing! It will be 2005 in 13 weeks, Halloween in just over 4 weeks, Thanksgiving in 7 weeks. Wow we all have a lot going on but PLEASE do not leave me now!
Daphne

lakelog
09-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi Daphne. Have you invited anyone from the other thread like deb or gayle?? I am saddened to as to what happened to the other thread but I am like most others, I have lost time to get on here for some reason and I can't explain why. I have gotten into more on ebay with selling some of laken's smaller clothes and even making these bags out of the recylced caprisun pouches and it's gotten to be time consuming but has allowed me some money to order some christmas gifts. You are so right with christmas and the other holidays being so close. I can't believe that it's getting here so soon but like you, I love christmas too!

As for goals, gee, I could come up with a page full but why can't I achieve anything anymore? :shrug: Well anyway, I need to post daily for one thing. I need to leave the sweet foods in the grocery store! I need to increase or rather begin some form of exercise. I guess a lot of us have the same sense of goals don't we? I will try to be more precise in a future post though.

Nothing has come out of brett's library book issue yet but I cant believe that the principal is so stupid and doesn't think "outside of the box". He came in brett's english class yesterday and asked if anyone had seen the book. HELLO! Why or who said it had to be in THAT class. Nearly the whole school had the opportunity to have done that. I bet they can't tell me what time it was checked out or even what day. Brett said that he's only checked out 3 books though and all were during that class. He has never been on his own. Well I emailed the district office on monday and haven't heard from them yet. They were busy moving into a new building so I will email someone else over the weekend if I don't hear from them. Brett got an over due notice on tuesday and owes $1.40 at the time in late fees. Well rather than pay that, I ordered the book from a book store for under $20. They wanted $30 at school. I know brett doesn't have that book but in the meantime, he can't focus on school with the pressure going on. I'm waiting on the district office to contact me though cause i want to prevent this from happening again.

Well anyway, daphne, I hope that others will gradully join in but we can stick together and make something of it can't we?? Miss everyone.

dabrat
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Wooohooo Miss Dana is here today! OK that made me smile to see you today.
I know one of my goals is to be sure and post at least once a day. I also plan on using my treadmill again. I have been working on cleaning out the office of all the added junk so I can have room again to use it. I need to get out of this funk I am in and get my a$$ in shape. I just have no energy these last few months. I need to go to the Drs. and get a check up and see why. I know that I could literally sleep all day and wake just to eat and use the bathroom. I never am totally awake and hate feling like this. I am to the point that I don't even want to leave my house to do errands. Ha ha ha the computer isn't even that interesting to me right now. I know with the bad weather setting in soon my funk will increase even more so. SO getting out of this funk is another goal.
Deborah I hope to see you here soon along with Gayle and Ann. I will be ragging ya all till I do see ya all posting here anyhow!
Daphne

hefty1
10-01-2004, 08:52 AM
:wave: hi dana and daphne. i am up for the challange. i'll try to loose 15 lbs.
dana: it sounds like the principal's head needs a good shaking.
:coffee: :) glen

dabrat
10-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Yeah Glen came here too!!!! Summer said to tell you that she will miss you Glen and she was hoping that you would join us here. She is sorry to have left but she did say one day she may be back!!!!!!!!!!
Dana she also is wondering how you are doing. I want to know what that Principal finally said to you. I would want to wring his neck!
OK I am off to do my errnads before I lay back down being lazy. Much loves to you all,
Daphne

lakelog
10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi guys. I have had a day that I wish I could erase. My car was repossessed today unexpectedly. They said we were 4 payments delinquent which can't be true. My mom went and did a western union on it for $840. My payments are only $174 a month. They said they could take it if you were only 10 days late in payment. That has me worried on dh's car as well cause I haven't paid the last couple on it and he only owes $760 on the thing. I guess I will be paying some on it next paycheck and pray we don't lose it before then. At any rate, the car is being released back to us but we have to wait until after 10 on monday to get it back and then we have to pay a repo fee and tow truck fee to get it. So embarrassing. I feel lost without my car.

As for Brett, I got an email from the director of student services at the district office. They said that the principal had been contacted and that he would get back with me probably on monday as well. Now I have to arrange a way to get kids to and from school for at least monday. DH has to work that day so pray that blazer works good enough to be our primary car for a few days.

Glen, glad to have you here. Hope more join in soon. Have a good weekend.

dabrat
10-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Dana I am so sorry my dear sweet friend. I wish I was rich and was able to send you the money that you need. I can't belive that they would legally be able to repo a car with being just 10 days late. Were you late on the car at all? Could they have ment to take the other one and messed up? I will be thinking about you and wishing you all the best sweatheart.
Glen I am so glad that you are posting here. I think maybe we need to all get together and sit on Bretts principals head! Maybe we could squash some sense int his head.
I will post my goals for the week on Saturday, my monthly goal Saturday and my 3 month goal then as well.
Daphne

lakelog
10-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Daphne they did get the right car unfortunately. The other car is financed at a "buy here pay here" lot in town. It was late some on payments. They said for june, july, aug and sept. Well the payments are due 25th of each month and I found 2 bills they had sent and on it was a "thank you for your payment on ....." and it was for $200 in June and one for $200 in July. Payments were only $174 a month. Then for Sept., cosidering today is the 1st, That only made it 6 days late and that's because it hasn't been received by them yet. I think they had been getting payments and hanging on to them at times to make them late and then they would charge $15 for each late payment. The late fees had gotten up over $200 cause when I would pay and it would say late fee $15 and payment of $174 due for total of $189, I would only send in the $174 so those late fees would grow cause i refused to pay them. They claim that it was delinquent for $842.30 and for 4 months but like I said, I know of those 2 payments and Sept hasn't reached them yet. I have no idea of how much these storage fees will be cause we tried to get it today and now it has to sit until monday. I'm afraid something will happen to it. It is like my baby and doesn't have any dents in it or anything. Plus we have to pay a repo fee or tow or something. I need to get kids to school and back on monday with as little people knowing as possibe. :)

I saw the principal today at school when I went in to sign brett out early. He just said "hi how are you doing today". I've already ordered that book so someone will do something with it but all I want is for them to leave brett alone.

Daphne I just noticed you've posted 1234 times. Just thought it was cool in sequence like that.

By the way rosey, I don't mind you "lurking at all. That way you can find out everything without even posting and feel free to email. Maybe I will get you emailed back over weekend. I'm still jealous of the snow you've had though.

hefty1
10-02-2004, 12:28 PM
:wave: hi all. hope all the dolls are well. i am doing better with my leg. the swelling in my leg is almost gone. :) glen

hefty1
10-03-2004, 11:49 AM
:wave: i guess the :coffee: hasn't kicked in yet or you are all at the gym. i was at the dr on thursday and i had lost 15 lbs. :dance:
hi rosey
dana hope your car problems are over.
i is starting to cool off here. :) glen

dabrat
10-03-2004, 12:49 PM
:lol: Ken it is early here still. Well not now but it is just like almost 10ish. I am going to Church in a bit and then will post later today.
Jason left today and will not be home now until 2 weeks I guess and then he is off to go deer hunting. I love my venision:T:.
Chat later yayas or is it yo yos or ya yos??
Daphne

lakelog
10-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi guys. Nothing resolved about the car yet. My grandmother who is the nosiest person I know said if it will cost me more to get the car than I owe on it then I need to just leave it where it is. I only have 18 payments left on it and the balance is like $3100 but that's not the payoff. We plan on paying it off with this years income tax refund. I'll post more later.

dabrat
10-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Dana I can't believe that it will cost that much t get it back. If it also is a good care and you can trust it then it is worth more that what you owe. How could it colst over that to get it back? How far did they tow it to? Was it an hour from you? Did they drive it that far to tow it? I would have issues if so being as that will reallu up the cost. I will post mpre tonight on my goals I just tok a nap and am way to groggy to think.
Daphne

lakelog
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Daphne they did tow it about an hour away and I assume they came from that town as well. The finance company told me I would have to pay those people a recovery fee to get it plus the storage fee for the place that has it locked up. I have about 2 more hours to wait before they open to find anything out. Then I have to figure out how to get there. At least the kids made it to school this morning. The blazer did a great job.

I was trying to keep it quite about who all knew and not even tell the inlaws but kevin's cousin supposively rode by when they towed it off. It always seems that they see things they shouldn't. Like they stay parked up the road or something. :shrug: Anyway, my mama had driven by with my grandma while the adjuster was in the yard. They were in my great-uncles funeral procession. What a way to always remember that. He was burried in a church graveyard about 30 seconds from here.

lakelog
10-04-2004, 07:19 PM
I got my car back. It cost me $20 a day for storage. Was charged for 4 days after we tried to get it on friday. The total today was $430. It was parked inside a fence in what I would call a junk yard. It was not a "storage facility" as we were told. My grandmother caused them to get upset with her cause she went inside the fence and wasn't suppose to. The smart mouth girl told me she could have granny arrested for that because if she got hurt, they would lose their insurance. I'm thankful to be away from that place. It was actually behind a brick house and wasn't a business at all. My poor car. We washed and vacuumed the "stinch" out. Anyway, where is everyone today??

hefty1
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
:wave: dana: glad you got your car back. i was at the dr for my leg infection and it's getting better. i lost another 4 lbs :dance: glen

dabrat
10-06-2004, 11:24 AM
congrats on the 4 pound loss Ken! Wow you have 11 more to go to meet your 3 month goal!
Dana I am glad you got you car back. It is stupid they can charge you for the weekends and you can't get you car back on those days.
I am sorry for not posting but have been fighting a migrain the last few days. It has started again and I have to do some errands now and flea bomb the house. I guess if need be I can come home and get naked in the hot tub and relax till it is safe to go back inside! I will post more when I ge back home today.
Daphne

velvet
10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi...I made it!

It's nice to meet you, Glen. I'm 56, 320 lbs. and my mom is sick with lung cancer and a compression fracture in her thorasic region of her back. She's in lots of pain and needs me to be there all the time. So, this is how I define my life! We live in the same apartment building, but in separate apartments. We each have a cat and mine hates hers (he's an "only" cat!). I would consider giving up my apartment, but don't know what we'd do about the cats. I tell everyone that, since I stay down at her apartment most of the time, that Ivan (my cat) hates Annette (Mom's cat), so I rent him his own apartment! I also TRY to do a newsletter for our apartment bldg. I didn't get one out last month because we've been so busy going to doctors and I stay at her apartment and the computer is up here in my apartment, so it's hard to work for any amount of time on it. Reading email takes up most of the time I feel comfortable being away from Mom. I'm sure you'll pick up on more of what I'm like as we post, so I won't put you to sleep quite yet!

Dana, I'm sorry about the school stuff. I don't know the details, but can gather the gist of the thing. That principal is a real joke, huh? I hope things get easier for Brett soon. His health problems are enough. This stress can't be good on his diabetes, either. I hope that by this time, you have your 4th "child" back in your possession! I know what's it's like to not have your car! It's awful!

Daphne, this is a good idea and I hope to get on a schedule where I can post more often. My first goal is to cut out the PASTA!!! Since Mom got sick, I have been 'treating' myself with carbs! I MUST STOP!!!! That is my first goal...but don't start me till next week! I know, typical non-dieter's plan!

Mom and I went to the navy reunion last week. We didn't do anything but stay in the room most of the time and she worried that I was unhappy about that! I told her that it was a vacation to just not have to do the cleaning and cooking for 5 days! I'm happy to rest and do word puzzles. She was able to go to visit people in the hospitality room several times and we went on the dinner cruise on the Ohio River last Thursday night. It was perfect weather and the food was outstanding (not always the case on those river cruises). It was only in Cincinnati, OH, so it was only a 5.5 - 6 hour drive. She tolerated it pretty well on the way down, but at that time she was on Vicodan. During the last couple of weeks, she as been developing hives. We thought they were from the pain meds. On Tuesday while we were in Cinci, they got worse and her upper lip began to swell. I talked to the pharmacist and he told me to have her stop taking them immediately. We called the doctor here in Salem on Wed and he phoned in Darvocet and it is doing ok, but not as well as the Vicodan, so the trip home was more painful for her. But we managed.

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and he wants us to go to the Cancer Care Center here in Salem for radiation on the fractured place in her back for pain management. We go there next Wednesday (Oct. 13).

I was "layed off" from the office downstairs, so my rent went back up to the normal rate and that hurts, but we'll manage.

My back has been holding up alright with all the extra work down at Mom's. I do all the cleaning and cooking. Therefore, my apartment is suffering! I just don't have the capability to get and keep both apartments clean. I don't know what I'm going to do. I think I am going to try to have someone come in to deep clean Mom's so that it will be easier to keep clean. Maybe that way, I can take 15 minutes here and there to get my own place cleaned up for the holidays. I'm going to try to decorate both apartments. I will let you know how it goes...Dana...if I'd have left up that tree last year, I'd be half done now!!! hehe.

I must go and do errands. I have an apt with my counselor this evening...not that I need it, mind you!!!

I'll try to do better about posting. I may take the laptop down to mom's and pay for another internet provider down there. That would help a great deal!

Love,

lakelog
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Gayle it was a surprise to hear from you but a delightful surprise. I'm glad you and mom were able to get away. That had to be nice. As for the river cruise, me and Brett went on one on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga back in april and it was fun if you recall. So peaceful and relaxing even though we were in the presence of 100 5th graders at the time. I think the radiation for your mom's back would help. It basically warms it all up and deadens some of the nerves. They did that for my deceased grandpa years back when he had cancer to spread all over. It did nothing for that but it helped get rid of all of his pain. I don't expect you to be able to keep up 2 apartments and no one should. I can't keep up with one home myself and there are 2 adults here to keep it going.

Glen that is super on your weight loss. What changes have you made?

I have some news on the "book" issue at school. I had emailed the district office again after school yesterday. Brett had gotten his second over due notice. They said they would call me today and did. They told me they thought it was all "put to bed" and that the school had called me. I told them I hadn't heard anything from the school other than the principal had been giving my son "the eye". Brett calls it "the people's eye" which is a term from wrestling but I don't watch that stuff! :lol: Anyway, I told the man I had bought the book that was in question. He told me he appreciated that but it wasn't necessary. (well I've already got the book). Anyway, he said he would resolve it for me today. He was headed to the school to talk to the man himself. Will let you know if I hear anymore.

School has been going on here for 8 weeks now. They only have 1 week left before changing to their next quarter classes. For brett, only 2 classes will change and the 2 he will lose are his A's. He had 2 F's on his mid term and only a week to pull them up. They were in science and Math. He's staying after school today with science teacher to re-do a test. I think most of the problem is they aren't allowing him to check his sugar and make sure it's in range. He can correct the test and get half credit for each right answer and he can use his book. The teacher is going to work on some "test taking skills" with him today. I had her for science in 6th as well and she's a pretty good teacher. I think brett is just like me though, hates science.

Well I need to post this before i lose it. By the way, daphne, I did re-apply for SSI on laken today. I did an online form plus sign some medical release papers and they are in the mail. They are suppose to call me but it may take 120 days for approval. Anyway, i will keep you updated.

By the way, daphne and gayle, have you guys heard from deb??

lakelog
10-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi guys. I did hear more from school yesterday. The actual principal called me in the evening. "she" went to school with my mom and I went to school with her daughter so I knew who I was dealing with. She had told me that on that friday that the 6th grade principal (mr.dixon) "confronted" Brett, she had talked to Mr Dixon herself and told him that if they only had the computer tell them that brett checked out a book and no other hard evidence then the book would be marked as "lost or missing" and brett's priviledges would be restored in the library. I told her I didn't know anything had been resolved and brett was still getting over due notices from the library. She said she would fix that and if I had any other problems please call her directly. Evidently they got "chewed" out by the district office for not being able to handle their school but everyone I spoke to said that mr. dixon should not have upset brett in that way with no proof.

Well we get one car back only to lose the blazer. Not literally but something is bad wrong with it. It makes a bad sound like something is locked down when you crank it and smells real hot like it's going to blow up or something. We still owe $760 which technically is over due but until the tax refund time gets here, we won't have any money to fix it.

Well thought i would update on those situations. What's up with everyone else?

hefty1
10-07-2004, 12:14 PM
:wave: welcome gayle.
dana: i've eating better and not having as many beer. i've also been taking my b.p. pills.
:) glen

dabrat
10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
I am glad the school issue was resolved Dana but you still have a book now that you don't need. Can you exchange it or return it? Isn't tax time not until Jan? I am so sorry what are you going to do now? I am at least thankful that it waited to get the first baby back before being a bad child!
I am off to Megans IEP so willpost laters.
Daphne

lakelog
10-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Well daphne, I can send the book back minus shipping. I have it ready to send back today. As for the blazer, we just take it a day at a time. I take Kevin to work and pick him up. He works 12 hour shifts so we had to do that yesterday and today but next week it's only for tuesday and wednesday. It's never more than 2 days in a row. As long as he stays on this shift, it works for me.

I have a lady who bought a tote bag from me on ebay. She emailed me today to tell me she's unhappy with it and wants a refund. She said it was coming apart. The only way that happens is if she put something heavy in it or the post office mashed it. It's a tote bag made from the caprisun juice pouches. I have sold many of them and everyone has been happy so far. I emailed her back and explained to her the same thing. I bet she will still be hateful. She mailed me a check for $6.75 which was $2.00 shipping and I had told her in the auction that it was for Paypal payments only so she broke the rule there as well.

Anyway, for some happy news. Brett had an F in science on his midterm report a few weeks back. His teacher emailed me yesterday to tell me it is a 85 now (B).

velvet
10-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi all.

Things here are about the same. Yesterday I worked in the kitchen from 9 till noon getting supper started (spag and meatballs and a dessert Mom's been wanting). I was exhausted but then had to go to the chiropractor. He said I was in horrible shape and when he put the heat on to loosen me up, he said, "TRY to relax, Gayle." Well, that was easier said than done! He had a hard time putting me back into place, but did pretty well. When he was done, he was asking about Mom and he made the mistake of sympathizing with me and I fell apart crying! I was not worth much the rest of the day. I try so hard not to show how sad I am in front of Mom, but it's so hard. I think I'm just exhausted.

Thanks for the welcome, Glen. I hope you keep up the successes! Is autumn settling in up there? It sure is here. Many of the trees are in full color. I love it best when there is still a background of green.

No, Dana, I have heard nothing from or about Deborah. I'm worried, too. I wonder about work, the kids, and the apartment. Maybe Daph has talked to her...hope so! I'd hate to loose touch. I love all you guys and consider you all my friends.

I'm glad that book thing got straightened out! That school surely has given you some grief! Sorry also about the car situation! I hate being without a car. Hope the SSI goes through for Laken. I don't see how they could deny you! If so, follow up and don't let them off the hook.

I'm going to get off and finish the emails. Between not having much time and the computer bogging down, I haven't finished emails since before we went away.

I'm trying to get a better schedule going so I can post more regularly.

Love,

lakelog
10-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Gayle maybe it was a good thing to cry you know?? It helps to relieve a lot. Is there anyone you know that has lost someone that you can team up with for support in person? I'm sure the chiropractor didn't mind you getting upset. I'm that way too. I don't take "being petted" very well at all. I'm one that likes to be alone some to vent it out for the most part but I have never been through exactly what you're going through. I have walked a thin line with all of my kids being in intensive care and nearly dead at one time or the other but to have someone as long as you have your mom and to get cancer news has to be horrific. We're hear for you and if you feel more comfortable emailing, please do so.

We went to DH's work today for their fall festival. It's the 3rd annual "thing" they've had. If you guys remember, back in 2002 they had a christmas event and DH won the grand prize of $100 walmart gift card? well this year his dad won that (it wasn't grand prize this year) and the grandprize was a 20 inch flat screen TV and Kevin won it! He's disappointed that he didn't get the tool type stuff but it wasn't worth as much. He's won something all 3 years and I bet some of those employees never won a thing. Also, we had BBQ plates and the kids had hamburgers and/or hotdogs. Then we had funnel cakes (yes I shared one with laken) and snow cones (had one on the way home :lol: ) and lemonade and such. It was fun I guess. Free food so no complaints. The kids also got $10 gift cards to walmart and they had 3 of those giant "blown up" things to bounce in like you see at state fairs and such.

Well Kevin knows what is wrong with the blazer. It's like the air compressor and if he can get one from a junk yard it would be $80 or about $300 new. I don't know if he could get it on himself or not though. Well I need to go fix a sandwich or something for supper. Everyone is sort of "on their own" tonight. :)

hefty1
10-12-2004, 08:56 AM
:wave: where is everyone?
dana: i hope you get the blazer fixed soon

velvet
10-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Bad weekend. Busy day yesterday. I'm trying to get some of the crud cleaned out of the corners here, so to speak. I got the sweeper out and swept and re-swept for 45 minutes in the living room. Then I took Karen and her cat to the vet. After supper, Debby called and asked me if I could come over to watch "Big Fish" with her and Tom. I took the opportunity to get out (with Mom's approval) and had a nice 'get-away' and loved the movie. It's fantasy and I love that stuff.

I'm taking it easy today. I'm doing computer stuff now and spending time with Ivan (my can, Glen...he has to stay in my apartment by himself now that I'm staying most of the time at Mom's). We are having a 'pizza party' in the community room for supper tonight. Therefore, I don't have to cook today! horray!

Dana, I hope Kevin can fix the Blazer. That Autumn thing at his work sounds like fun. He surely has good luck. Free food? I'M THERE!

Daphne, what's up? Have you talked to Deborah? I hope things are ok for her.

Must go and get some recipes entered for this cookbook.

Love,

velvetblonde
10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Hello Everyone!!!
I made it!!!

I am sorry that I have been MIA and that can't address each of you right now...I am at work and running crazy and my computer is still not online at home...You are all in my thoughts and prayers

:wave: Hello Glen...I am Deborah...Single parent--(DS 11 and DD 12 at home) 1 married DD and 2 grand dd.

Well Ladies and Gentleman....I Finally have Moved into my new APARTMENT:dance: :dance:

The move had to happen quickly because the manager told me Thursday night I only had 3 days to move and clean up the old place :eek: It was H*ll!! Joseph (DS 11) came down with the croup and Darcie (DD 12) had the stomach Flu and was vomitting on Saturday...but they still had to help...BJ (DD 28) was already booked for the weekend so she tried to help me on Weds and Fri evening....I bust my Butt and got it done...but I still can't find my shoes for work..lol (I had been wearing sandles and sneakers all weekend during the move) or my can opener (can you believe it...lol) I still have garbage bags all over the house. (That is how the Sisters and Brothers from church helped me move on Saturday....they threw everything into garbage bags and took it to my new place) What a mess:yes: but I am so happy and so exhausted. Work is :crazy: as always...I am really considering working as the Senior Admin...all the seniors love me and it would let me be home at 3pm for the kids...but it is a $7000 cut in pay...so I am not sure how we are going to eat or live if I do take the job...there is so much going on...I am still fighting with Darcie (she is a snotty teen) and Joseph is still struggling in School (ADHD and Dislexic) I feel bad that I am not home for them in the afternoon. It is a real hard decission I need to make and soon.

Well got to get back to work.
take care...LOVE YOU ALL
:cheers: DRINK THAT WATER
Deborah:angel:

velvet
10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Thank God you're here, Deborah! I missed you so much. I'm so happy for you in your new apartment! Now you can just put things away at your leisure. I'll pray for God to help you make the right decision about the job. I know you will. Sometimes a paycut is ok if you are happier in the end. And it sounds like you definitely would be.

I'm buried under a mountain of dirty clothes. Debby is coming over today and we are going to take them to a big laundromat and just get them all done at once. We have a laundry here, but only 3 washers and 4 dryers. I'd be there all week.

Love,

hefty1
10-16-2004, 09:28 AM
where is everyone? this is getting like the old one. welcome back deborah.

dabrat
10-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi all I am having lotta laundry to do. Megans diapers have been lost deleted out of the system what ever. I amhaving to buy my own for her and depends do not work woth a **** for her. I have to do her beddeing each day and am gettingpissed. I will post more later but wanted to say hi!!
Daphne

velvet
10-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Glen, I'm here, just busy...so, what's up with you? You failed to mention that! :lol:

Daph, that's a crock! How soon will they get their sh!t together (pun intended)? Have you ever tried the Depends type? I don't know about this junk, just a thought. I had to get some for Mom. Suffice it to say that last Thurs night, Mom was constipated then later in the night she wasn't! It was one of the worst nights in my life.

Deborah, are you still unpacking? Have you found those missing items yet??? Maybe you never will! Moving gnomes, you know! ;) Are the kids liking their own rooms?

Dana??? What's going on?

As you know, I'm staying down at Mom's all the time now. I have been sleeping on the sofa bed, but the other night, I noticed that one of the bars (legs) is starting to bend a little. So, I have had to stop opening it and start sleeping on it as a couch. It's too short by about 8 inches, so I'm not sleeping very well now on top of working my tail off! I'm getting so tired! Whine, whine, I know! And my poor cat....

My life is becoming as busy as yours, Deborah! I've been working 10 to 12 hours each day and am hurting like crazy! But, so far, the back is holding up ok. I shouldn't complain. At least I can do the work. Now, if I could just see that the work is paying off! Both of our apartments are still so messy!

Must go and finish emails. (I'll bet this whining is not what you had in mind, Glen, when you asked us to post, huh?)

Love till later,

lakelog
10-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi guys. I thought we were actually doing pretty well posting. It is really hard with all of the responsibilities to post daily so I don't expect that from anyone. I can't do it myself.

Daphne what happened with megan's diapers? Was it an oversight or something? Surely they have to help with them. How did her IEP go the other day? Does the school benefit Megan? Laken is doing great in school and learns new language almost daily. She told Kevin the other day that something "wasn't your business daddy". We thought it was funny. If you don't hear her tell you something the first time she says " I just told you now pay attention". I'm sure some of it is things she hears at school.

Gayle life is too hectic isn't it? Aren't you even more glad you don't have a DH and kids to keep up. That was definately God sent for you cause you certainly couldn't handle it with your current life. I'm about to have it with my boys. I had bought some of those baby bottle pops in the grocery store the other day. They were clearenced and I was using them as prizes. Well some are missing and Logan swears that brett stole them this morning before I got up. I think it's the truth too and Brett knows he can't have them without taking a shot so eventually he will be caught up with. (or I'll find them when they are at school tomorrow or DH comes home tonight).

Deb I'm so happy you've moved. I think Gayle is right when she mentioned you taking a lower cut in pay if it makes you happy in everything else. Kevin applied for a lower cut in pay job the other week just to get out of the mess he works in that's bad for his health. His current supervisor wouldn't approve the move so he didn't get it. He said he didn't want him to lose a labor grade in pay but the truth is they know they get more work out of kevin in the job he currently runs.

Our town is having Oktoberfest this weekend. It is an annual fest to celebrate our German heritage. Our town, Walhalla, is a German name and that is who founded our city. The fest has german beer and dancing and carnival type rides. We didn't go this year cause it's very windy and I couldn't imagine eating there with paper napkins, plates cups etc. It would be a mess trying to hold on to it all. Next sat. though, we are going to plan on going to a County Fair. They have much bigger rides and if we go between noon and 2, we get in free rather than pay the $5 a person. Cool deal to me.

My grandparents are in Texas until tuesday. It was granny's first plane ride. I can't wait to hear all about it. She has been a nervous wreck. Her only grandson is a youth pastor in Dallas there and they have a HUGE church so my grandparents have wanted to visit and finally got to.

My other grandma announced this past week that we are no longer having a christmas dinner at her house. It saddens me that it finally happened but we are all married with our own families now. I just don't want her to spend the day alone. (I enjoyed the meal as well).

Well I will post this before I lose it. I have some cornbread in oven to make a dressing for kevin when he comes home from work. Hope you all have a good evening.

dabrat
10-18-2004, 10:53 AM
OK now I can post. Megan gets diapers thru DSHS so they do not cost me anything. USUALLY. Well last month they sent a new brand out and they sucked. Megan was leaking thru her diapers 3 out of 7 nights. She was even leaking during the day. I had changed the number of diapers that we receive being as with the good diapers we were way over stocked. I had also shut off delivery for 2 months during summer being as we had so many. So I get the crappy diapers last month, receiving 120 instead of 150 like would have been sufficent. With the soddy grade of diapers we were sent (they had hired a company to make new diapers to DSHS specifications amd were not to grade we found out) we had to change her a lot more. So now Monday they are to be sent to me overnight. Tuesday they do not show, Wednesday they do not show, Thursday they do not show and I call them. *Oh I am sorry Mrs Gray somehow that order was deleted out of the system* I will get this on over night to you so you have them tomorrow but I have to go get them on the truck now*.Friday no diapers arrive. I call again **WHERE ARE THE DIAPERS???** Oh Mrs. Gray they just went out today on the truck next day delivery* ** DO THEY DELIVER ON SATURDAYS?** *Oh yes being as it is next day delivery* Saturday at 5 PM NO FREAKING DIAPERS! I call them and leave a not so happy message. Then I have to drag both kids to Target at 5:15 PM. Needless to day in 40 minutes they will get a call back from me.
My diet is so bad. I am gaining like mad. My period is late again by almost 3 weeks. I belive it is menopause but it is still scary. I had a wine cooler other day and barfed it right up. I had wine cooler day before that and it took me 3 hours to drink it because it tasted icky and I didn't want to waste it.
Going to post real fast so I don't lose this.
Daphne

dabrat
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Dana I can not belive with all that Brett has been thru with his diabetes he would sneak the candy. That is so scary to think about him doing. First he can hurt himself with the sugars in it, then he stole, and he lied about it. I wish I knew what to say to you to help. Megan goes to school basically to give me a break. He IEP I was happier with this year. The teacher voiced what I have been saying all along. That the other IEPs she can not see Megan having accomplished. She belives that the teacher lied about Megan doing what was said. We made a totally different IEP that is more life skills for Megan. Leaning to say Mom again, learning to know body parts such as head, or arm for when she hurts, brush teeth, etc. I really adore her teacher this year. I love what laken said about being none of his business! OMG that made me laugh I can just see her saying it to. I hope that Granny has a god plane ride. When will she be back? Is this the first time to get to hear her GS preach? How exciting for them as well as for him! How is the Ebay going? Email me your Ebay name again so I can look at what you are selling.
Deborah I am glad that you got that new apartment. How are they kids adjusting to having their own room? If you took a cut in pay wouldn't your rent go down as well? How is the dieting going for you? I want to know if you ever found your missing items?
Gayle I am so sorry that you are sleeping on the couch. I worry how soon it will catch up with you. Do you go see the Chiro soon? How is that mean old cat of yours? I am joking I bet he is a love bug now when he sees you even more so then before you moved to Mamas. If you want a DH and DK I will give you mine! I will pay you to take them even.:lol:
Glen how is it going with you? How was your Canadian Thankgiving? What all did you eat and with whom did you eat?
OK I have been here long enough and have more laundry to do. I am so not liking being married to my washer and dryer. I am thankful I have them at least. I have to go t laundromat and wash my comforter being as Megan peed on that as well. I shold send the diaper distrubition center my laundry and stress bill.
Daphne

hefty1
10-19-2004, 04:20 AM
:wave: its nice to hear from everyone again. gayle i don't mind the whining, but i would be nice to hear the losses as well.
dana i had a good gobbler day at my parents. i gained a lb. my leg is better

dabrat
10-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Diapers arrived yesterday around 2ish. I then had to run to the grocery store to get milk and bread. I didn't get to go to laundromat like I wanted. I am doing laundry again today and cleaninghouse for my candle party tomorrow. Glen I am happy that you had a good Thanksgiving. I am also thankful that your leg is doing better.
Dana post soon so we can chat about kids. I am still curious as to how many kids are being diagnosed with depression. I am sorry but I do not see Robert being depressed. I see a kid that is smart as a whip and can work the system. He also loves the sympathy he can get. Oh it was being as he has said he is going to run away or kill himslef. What kid hasn't said that? I ran away a few times when I didn't get my way. I also said *fine I will kill myself then you will be sorry.* It was a way to make Mama and Dad feel sorry for me.:lol: It never did work. Tony said itm his cousins have said it, his friends,....... Kids say **** like that to get attention. DId you ever find out the truth about the candy things?
Gayle when do you get free cell time? I want to call and see how you and Mama are doing.
Deborah when is a good time to call you? I think I will call both of you this weekend. Or Thursday night! Tell me when and I will call. Jason will be out of town again so i am gonna call a lot of friends.
Dana is it OK to cal you sometime? I try to not call when hubbies are home I know how mine is if I am on the phone and he is here. Oh but wait her can talk on the phone from 7:30 to 11:00 with his friends then go to bed then get up at 6:00 and go hunting............ I wanna be my husband! Hahahahahahaha!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Daphne

velvetblonde
10-19-2004, 04:01 PM
:wave: Hello Everyone!
:dance: I found my can-opener and shoes...lol!
:scale: I am down 4lbs to 251.5...all that moving...lol

:spin: Glen...How is your weight loss going?

:D Daphne...It is good to hear that Megan's IEP went so well. I am so sorry that you had diaper problems...did you ever get them? What is happening with Robert? Do you think you could be Pregnant? How is Tony? Keep posting!

:) Dana...It sounds like your area is going to be having fun with the Octoberfest and Fair. How is your car? What are you going to do for X-mas dinner, if you aren't at Grannies? Are you going to invite her to your house? I am sorry that Kevin didn't get the other Job. How is your weight loss plan going?

;) Gayle...My prayers and thoughts are with you. It sounds like your life is in overdrive right now. How is your mom doing? What has the doctor said? I am so sorry that you have to go through this. If you ever need to talk...give me a call. Have you thought about an air matteress to sleep on...it is not ideal, but it is better than a couch that is to small :yes:. Take care of yourself. You need to be healthy too. How is everything else going? Are you going to counseling? Are you making some time for yourself? Keep intouch!

As for me, my apartment is still not 100% yet, but it is getting better. I am still having a hard time sleeping. I wake up at 5:30 every morning and toss and turn until I get out of bed at 6:30 or 7am. I think it is my internal clock setting its self for the "daylight savings" time change next week.

As for work...I have decided I can not afford to take the job with the seniors. We just wont have money for food or any extras. I have also decided that I will start to look for a new job...as soon as I am settled. This Sunday the JCC is having a huge Street Festival down town and they expect everyone to "volunteer", the whole day. I will maybe do a couple of hours, but not the whole day.

These next couple of months are going to be busy. This weekend is a camp-out for Boyscouts, and the festival. Next Weekend is Tiff's B-day (granddaughter) and halloween. And Next Month is Darcie's "13th" Birthday...She is a teenager!!!:yes: BJ wants to do a big "Shin Dig" for her...but neither of us has the $$$...so we may just have a sleep over. It is to much for me to think about right now...

I have to go to lunch...and get back to work

Drink water everyone:cheers:

hefty1
10-19-2004, 04:11 PM
:wave: i am off the medication, which makes my stomach and bowels happy. no more running to the bathroom and hoping i'll make it. i've lost another 4 lbs. :dance: has anyone else lost?

lakelog
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
So glad to see the posts. I wish I could get email notifications for every post but it will only do one.

Glen I'm glad you are off your med. and congrats on your weight loss. I don't know if I have lost or gained to be honest cause I haven't weighed in at least a couple weeks.

Gayle I agree with deb, can you not sleep on something else? What about the leg on that sofa couch, can you prop something around it somehow?? How is your mom doing now? Is she in pain?

Deb you certainly do have a busy schedule but you always do don't you? Besides my mom and MIL's birthdays in Nov. we will be through with that type thing until year starts over. I dont' know what i will do on christmas without our traditional dinner. I may still go visit my grandma for a while that day and take her a present or 2. She has already given my mom money for all of our christmas's. Thats the way she does. She gave all of the great-grandchildren all of their money last year to catch one another up in case she doesn't live to see anymore. She gives $10 a year to each of them. Then she said only until they are 10 but since Brett has the same birthday as hers, she feels she has to celebrate his which in turn causes her to give to the others as well. Sometimes she is too fair.

As far as our cars, my car needs brakes. They aren't sluggish or anything but you can hear some whining when you aren't even braking and in the past, that was brake pads. It also needs aligned. The thing is it's the only car we have running so how am I going to leave it for work when I need it?? The blazer needs a AC compressor. DH can get a rebuild one for $150. He's already called about it which is better than the $300 for the brand new one.

The candy issue: Brett wouldn't have sneaked and eat it by any means but he put it in Logan's "possession" and all along we were looking in brett's things. It was only 1 baby bottle pop worth 25 carbs but brett would have needed insulin for it. Anyway, logan found it and gave it back.

Brett has to go to the Dr. on November 1st and has to be there at 9 which is over an hour drive away and I have to take twins to school same morning. Anyway, they have taken out a bridge someone near there and you have detours. I have no clue it it affects us yet or not. Anyway, brett has a limo to catch at 11 same morning for a paid 2 hour lunch. I just hope I can get him back in time to not miss anything. It's for selling a lot of fund raiser coupon books.

Daphne so glad you got those diapers. I don't know much about the depression thing and it probably comes and goes but that was 2 years ago when he was most likely having real high sugar and it wasn't diagnosed. That was May and he was diagnosed with diabetes in june. I had reapplied for SSI 2 weeks ago but who knows how long it will take to hear from them. I know years ago when we had it stopped, we owed $300 in back pay. It was their fault though cause we sent in our check stubs and they had the proof oc income 2 months before sending the SSI payments.

Well I better post this cause my computer is hanging up again. Hope you all have a great day.

velvetblonde
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
How is everyone's week going?

;)Dana.... It sounds like you are going to have a hectic day on the first! It is so exciting the Brett gets a limo luncheon. Darcie's school also had that, but you had to turn in so many orders by the next day to get it. With me working till 6pm and BJ 45minutes away, there was no way she could sell enough in one day to qualify. It sounds like your Grandma is a really sweety! I am sorry that you aren't going to be having dinner at her house this year. You said you applied for SSI...How long does it take to get it? Are you applying for Brett or Laken? I am sorry to hear that you are down to one car. I know that must be hard on you, when do you think the blazer will be fixed. How is the Ebaying going? Keep us posted.

:D Glen...CONGRATS ON THE 4 LBS...what medication were you on?

:) Daphne...you can call me anytime, there is no man here to get in my mix...lol I can talk as long as I want (as long as the kids let me...lol) What were you saying about depression and Robert? Is it the school that is telling you that? Call me when ever you want!

:wave: Gayle...How is your mom? How are you doing? Post when you get a change....you are in my thoughts and prayer.

I got a call from Joseph's teacher yesterday and he said Joseph is not focusing in class and is not doing the work like he should...(duhhhh...Joseph has ADHD and has a hard time focusing and he is not writing the work off the board...because he is dyslexic and is embarassed about his writing) I need to send his Resource teacher an email and have her straighten the teacher out. He needs more time to do it himself and not be rushed or made to feel inadequate. I also have to do something about Darcie and her math teacher. She got put into Pre-algerbra (advance math) a couple of weeks ago, all most to the end of this quarter...and her teacher graded her for the whole quarter on a test she took and Failed...Duhhhhh again...she has only been in class 2 or 3 weeks and of course didn't know everything they studied for the 6 weeks.

Well, I have to get off of here and head home. The Sisters are coming over tonight and tomorrow I might be going down to BJ's house to help with Tiff's party bags and to help BJ get ready for Tiff's party next weekend.

Oh and by the way...I gained 3lbs back....I have been eating like a :ink:
DRINK WATER :cheers:

hefty1
10-22-2004, 10:08 PM
:wave: deborah: it a combonation of my b.p. and antibiototic pills.
two of the bp pills make me go to the bathroom alot. the antibiotic pillls had worse than the flu efffects. :) glen

velvet
10-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone. I only have a couple of minutes, but wanted to update you. The CAT scan Mom had last week showed water on her bad lung, so we had to go to the hospital and have it drained off. She is breathing a little better, but it sure wasn't the "fix-all" I wanted it to be! She is having trouble with her bowels now. We have to find the best medicine and dosage, and that's a job, believe me! Her radiation treatments begin on Monday. We don't know how many yet, but she had 40 before, so we're going to be busy every M-F for a few weeks. I hope these treatments ease her back pain. That's the intent and the pain is getting worse. We went back on the Vicodan and are praying that the hives don't come back. I'm making sure she eats something or drinks milk with each dosage so that she may not get sick any more.

I have thought of the air mattress thing, too, Deb. They have those ones that you plug in and there's even a frame that is attached. Another one is like double so that you don't have to get up from such a low position. God forbid that I might have to do a "workout" for ANY reason, much less getting out of bed! But right now, we don't have the money. Maybe after I pay the bills at the first of the month I'll have enough left over. I'm doing ok so far, though. Thank you for being concerned about me, too.

I must go so that I can get back down to Mom's. I don't have the internet down there yet, so I'm up in my own apartment. Ivan is being very 'needy' these days. Poor guy!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Sorry about no individuals today, but know that I am reading and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too.

Love,

hefty1
10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
:wave: good luck with your mom :grouphug:

velvetblonde
10-25-2004, 01:15 PM
:angel: Gayle...Still praying for you and your mom. Keep yourself strong! I hope this week is a little better for your.

:?: Glen...How is your weight loss going?

:wave: Dana, Daphne, Ann...Hello and how are things going?

Well...I am just really tired and I have been dizzy for the last couple of days. I was suppose to go and work at the street festival on Sunday and I woke up feeling lousy. I still was going to go...got dressed in my Flouresant Orange Volunteer T-shirt and headed out the door...only to have the battery dead in my van. Well, that cinched it for me...I decided to stay home and make the kids breakfast and take care of shopping and other stuff I really needed to do for the week.

Well...I am at work...got to go...I am back up to 254...I just can't get under 250lbs.

DRINK WATER:cheers:

lakelog
10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi guys. Most likely a short post today but at least I stopped in right?? :lol:

Deb I'm the same as you on wt. I haven't weighed in weeks but it never would drop below 240. Get that battery fixed? It seems to die often doesn't it? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?? SSI- I still haven't heard anything but I did it on Laken. I don't know if Brett would qualify or not. When ever i hear anything on Lakens then i will ask them about diabetic children as well.

Daphne where are you? Does Ann know to post on this thread? I've been meaning to email her but never can remember to.

Gayle I know you will be busy with your mom but wanted you to know I"m thinking of you and praying for you both. (Oh yeah, Ivan too). I'm sure that radiation will help with the pain. They use it too often all over the body and it rarely fails to knock pain off. I've heard some say it actually feels good too. It made my grandpa burn and have diarhea even but his prostate wasn't in any pain so it made a difference. I guess if you already hurt, it helps. Hang in there.

The blazer is running so keep your fingers crossed. He replaced the AC compressor on sunday and so far so good. Drove it to work today for first time in about 3 weeks. Brett is due to go to the dr. on monday and that limo luncheon as well. I"ve emailed the guidance couselor and I'm waiting to hear from him about who whill chapperone the trip. He will need to take his insulin and I want whoever goes to be aware of it. It would be nice if the guidance counselor, Mr. Grant, could go cause he knows a lot about diabetes.

Well need to run and get something else done in my last hour before school pickup.

velvetblonde
10-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Good Evening (late afternoon) Everybody!!

:D Dana...good to see ya posting again. I am so happy that you dh got his car running. How is the Ebay biz going? How is everything else in your neck of the woods? How is the weather?

:angel: Gayle...Still thinking about you and your mom...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

:wave: Daphne, Glen, Ann....POST SOON!!!

Well, I am exhausted (as always) I was up at 6am this morning to and went to a 7:30am Teacher conference at Joseph's school. His teacher thinks that he is not doing anything at school. He is being goofy and just sitting around staring off into space and not even thinking about doing his work. I am really worried about him. I really want him to succeed. There is a private school about 10 or 15 miles from here that caters to children with Dyslexia and ADHD. I am going to check into it. I don't know how I will get him to class or pay for it ($21,000 a year) but if I don't do something for him to get his self esteem up and get him the help he needs to make it through the next couple of years in school, I am worried he will just give up on school and fall in with the wrong crowd. The school psychologist was at the meeting today and she is going to meet with Joseph one-on-one to talk to him about his behavior. The thing is that he isn't being rude, or cocky or disrespectful...he is just not doing nothing at all. Not starting assignments...not focusing on the task or the teacher. I don't know what is going on...he says his desk mate is bothering him. But according to the teacher it is much more than that. He is not responsive at all or taking responsibility for his actions. (I am just rambling) I have to get ready to get out of here it is almost 6pm and I am still at work.
Oh ya...as for my weight...I was 252 this morning, but after the meeting and allday I have been :ink: out...so I know I will probably be back up to 254 tomorrow.:yes:

Take care everyone!
:angel:Deborah

dabrat
10-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Yea i finally can get on to web sites again. I really hate walmart at times. It is cheaper but is hmmm cheap! I would click a web site and nada. I was getting a bit pissed to be honest.
Gayle is there any way to get respite care for Mama now? This is wrong for you to have to do it all the time. Sister woman you are going to crash if not careful. You need to take care of you before you get to il to take care of Mama.
Deborah so how is the apartment going? Are the brats, I mean kids happy to have their own rooms? I am up to 245 now and want food.
Dana where the heck are you? Are you OK? Please post and say hi and let us in on how you are doing.
Glen how is life with you? I need to go back to Drs. and get on blod pressure meds but I am afraid to let them know I been gaining weight.
I told Jason the other night that for anniversary I wanted to go to Reno if his parents will watch the kids. He said cool and to start looking for deals! Now I hope his Mom will still be coming to watch them.
Daphne

hefty1
10-27-2004, 08:47 PM
:wave: daphne: i have hp also. if you ask your dr. for a watter pill (htc) it will get rid of the excess waater. :) glen

lakelog
10-30-2004, 11:46 AM
daphne- i had just posted the day before you but thank you for missing me in that length of time. :lol: I hope your inlaws fill in for you so you can go on your well deserved trip especially on your honeymoon. Will that be the 2nd or 3rd? Time flies for me.

My whole family has been going through this virus where you start with a sore throat that feels like strep and then about 1 1/2 days later your sinuses drain and somewhat of body aches and nasal stuff with stopped up nose. Then it goes to coughing. They say it is going around bad here but you don't have to do to the Dr. unless you end up with an infection with it. Kevin hasn't had it yet but bet he will.

We went to the high school football game lastnight and we lost it 21 to 0 and it was an inter-county game. Our biggest rival that we normally win but most of our good seniors are out with broken legs and what not so we ended the season 2-8 and no playoffs this year. Laken had a ball though. It's the first full game she's been too and when they sang the national anthem, you could hear her over everyone else and she got in there and cheered like the best of them. :lol:

Well I am going to post this so I can finish what I was doing. Brett goes to the dr. on monday (first time in over 3 months) and his sugar sheet logs aren't completed and that takes time. (he's suppose to keep up with it himself). One strange thing, his sugar was 237 when he went to bed lastnight and he's suppose to take a correction dose of insulin when it's over 150 before bed and he forgot but this morning his sugar was only 99. He said his pancreas much have worked all of a sudden cause that is strange.

PS. Hi to gayle, deb, glen and (did ann ever make it over)?? I will address you all later on.

hefty1
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
hsppy halloween! don't too many candies. :lol: alls well here

velvet
11-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Quick post. Took mom to hosp last Wed night. They drained more fluid off her lung Thurs. Fri, Dr. suggested Hospice and we agreed right away. We came home on Fri and Hospice set us up with all the hospital stuff...bed, wheel chair, oxygen, etc. Things are better because some of the stress is off both of us. I have someone sitting with her now so I can check email, but must get back soon.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Love,

lakelog
11-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Hospice are really great people Gayle so I"m glad to see you've decided to take advantage of them. It's just the thought of what that means that you have to get passed in order to allow them in your home. They can make your life easier though and even help you deal with what you are going through. I'm still praying for you and you post as you can. Has any of your family came through for your mom yet??

Glen you will be happy to know i haven't had any halloween candy. We didnt' get any and normally don't participate in the trick or treat stuff anyway. All the kids around here are too big for it. Glad it's over though and I will be even more glad once this election stuff is gone.

I didn't vote today cause I never registered this time around. I did hear at noon that our state is one of the top 3 states to suffer election problems already. Our results will start to come available in about an hour or so. Won't make this thread into an political issue so won't say who I want to win until it's over but (hint: I think me and gayle agree on this one)

Brett's dr. visit turned out real well yesterday. We actually saw the man himself. We've always had the nurse practitioners. Anyway, his a1c came down to 8.0% and they need it to come down in the 7% range now. 5% is normal. He is 5 ft. 4" tall and 174 pounds. (did I say I had a big son??) :lol: We made it back to school with 10 minutes to spare and I saw him off in his limo ride to Fatz cafe. There were 11 kids who went. The limo was a stretch cadillac escalade. The SUV type. It was white trimmed in silver and was awesome looking. If I had known I would have seen it, I would have taken my digital camera with me.

We had to put the car in the shop today. It still needs an alignment and has a recall job to do in the near future but today was brakes. DH bought the brake pads lastnight and tried to put them on but didn't have a tool that would work. (he changed them 3 years ago so I knew he could). Anyway, it started leaking at the brake hose going into the caliper. Once he got that stopped, he was frustrated and it started raining. We don't have a gargage so once he discovered the brakes had no pressure at all and wouldn't work but just enough to slow it down, I drove it to a new AAA place in town. They ended up turning the rotors but used the pads we had. It was $179 but they knocked 10% off cause we have AAA cards. It was only $161 then. Anyway, now I have to plan on getting some recall work done on the ignition system.

Well I have rambled long enough but once I saw Gayle had posted, I had to as well. Hope you all are doing O.K.

velvetblonde
11-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Hello Everyone!
Just a quick note:
:D Gayle...I am so glad that you got hospice for your mom. I am sorry that she needs it though. My prayers and thoughts are always on the two of you. Keep strong lady!

:spin: Dana...Wow...I didn't know Brett was that big..I bet he really enjoyed that limo trip...good for him. I am sorry that you had to pay so much to fix the car. How is everything else going?

:dance: Daphne...a trip to Reno...Good for you! I hope you have a lovely time. How are the kids behaving?

I am at home...I have had a long and hard weekend. I went to the dentist on Friday to have a crown replaced, while I was there I told him my left side had been aching and I was missing part of my filling in my molar. So he filled it. Well Saturday was Tiffs party, but my tempary cap came off friday night and so I spent sat. morning back at the dentist office getting another one. My left side was still bothering me all saturday. Tiffs party was excellent she got a million presents. Sunday morning I was in severe pain on my left side and went back into the dentist as an emergency. My molar had absessed and I was in pain, so they gave me vicodin and amoxicillian and sent me home until wednesday to see my dentist (that was when he would be back in the office). I have missed 2days of work and my boss Franceen gave me the number to her dentist. He refered me to a specialist, because those back molars are hard to deal with. I went today to the specialist and it took 3 hours to get the root canal. I couldn't get numb...she finally had to drill into my jawbone to numb the root and even then I ended up screaming when she started drilling...not a good thing. This whole ordeal is going to cost me around $350 and I just paid my other dentist $100 for the crown and had to pay $31 for the meds on Saturday. The worst part is that this month is Darcie's 13th B-day and now I am not going to have any money to spend on her. I have decided I am not going to go to work tomorrow. My mouth is really tender and still swollen. I have to get off of here. I need to go take some meds and go to bed. Because I have been in pain and just laying around...I have gain 5lbs :yes:

Back to the old grind stone tomorrow or thursday!
DRINK WATER PEOPLE :cheers:

velvetblonde
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Hello Everyone!!
:hb: Ann...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I sent you an e-card.

:angel: Gayle....prayers and thoughts are with you and mom.

:strong: Glen...How is your weight loss coming along?

:D Dana...How is it going with you?

:spin: Daphne...How are you doing?

Well, I am back at work...in pain. The weight I gained over the weekend is gradually coming off. I have already dropped 2lbs. But I am still at 255lbs.
it is :rain: here in Sunny California...lol

There is not much happening here at work right now. No one is here but me. I found out today that they are not going to hire a replacement for Bob. Merrylen (the senior's Director) just found out on Monday that we are in a serious budget crisis and Alan (CEO) now won't let her hire anyone. She is about ready to quit. They really are trying to force people out. I am just trying to hang in until the holidays are over.

Well, I have to get to work.

velvet
11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
We're doing fine. Hospice is a Godsend. We're trying to the the morphine dosage right. She was pretty drugged out this past weekend. But, she's so glad to be home and consents sometimes to let me out of her sight! Then I can come up here to answer emails or do errands or what not.

I must go, but wanted to check in.

Love,

hefty1
11-09-2004, 09:21 PM
:wave: i've gained 5. hope everyone is doing well and losing weight.

dabrat
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone I have a few minutes to pop in and post. Jason has been home for a few days and I can't seem to get online without him bitc*ing. I go to the Dr. in a couple of hours for my blood pressure. I need to find the chart I have ben keeping.
I want to change to more of a vegetarian cook for a ffew reasons. One is me and my weight and my health. Then I have Megan. She has gained from 87 to 101 pounds since school started in September. She is gaining like 1 1/2 pounds a week. Noone is taking the seriously but me it seems. Her pediatricain said he is glad to see her gaining weight after being so slim. BS BS BS BS BS. Her pants for school were to big in the waist when school started now they are snug. The way she eats it can not be god for her. She will eat eat eat then do a wet burp like she is ready to barf then scream for more food. I am besides myself. Jason also with his diabetes does not need all the fat and stuff we eat. Robert with his behaviors does not need all the preservatives or the sugars in foods we eat.
So if anyone has any great vegetarian ideas please shatre them with me.
Jason is going late buck season hunting this Thursday. He might be gone all weekend. OK whatever but it is him that has his friend coming here Thursday. So Jason is leaving and I am stuck entertaining his friend Jeff and Jeffs family? Yeah OK I am stressed out as it is can we just heap a bit more onto my plate? I am still thinking marriage was a big mistake for us. I did not marry him to raise his kids on my own.
Gayle I am so glad that you finally got hospice for you and Mama. How is she doing this weekend? Have you dug out the Christmas decorations yet?
Glen how is your weekend going? I mean going to be? What will you be doing?
Dana where are you at woman? I hope the cars are all working fine for you. Did you hear from SSI yet?
Deborah damng woman you always seem to be so busy it amazes me. I am hoping that a great job will open up for you and treat you like you deserve to be treated.
OK I have to go shower and look for my BP chart.
Daphne

lakelog
11-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi guys. Daphne I haven't heard anything from SSI yet and the cars are both running fine. I don't know much about vegetarian foods myself. I can eat without meat but for me and any kind of weight loss has to be carb counting. I am going to have to work on it really hard. I had gained a few pounds and don't even know where I stand right now.

DH & I have been having some "deep" talks the last few weeks. Our marriage is stronger than it's ever been. We want to make some huge changes, decisions etc. in 2005. He really wants to get a bigger home and we need another car as well. Probably trade his blazer in on something newer, more reliable and can hold more than my 5 seater car. We have decided we're not getting any younger. He will be 31 in Jan. and I will be 32 in June. We are going against our families wishes and following our hearts this next year. If God will permit it, we want our 4th and last child in the next couple years. DH had to sign a paper at work a few weeks ago that stated more or less than the job he's been working in about 5 of the last 9 years most likely causes sterilization in men and women. The exposure to radiation and lead may have kept him from being able to have any more kids. With our last 2 pregnancies, we were teens with Brett and with the twins, he left me for the teenager he "dated". It was 2 pregnancies that couldn't have went any worse than they do and for years I have felt that I wasn't fulfilled in the mother part of my life. I know there is a lot of disadvantages in it but we really want to try this next year. If it doens't happen then it's not meant to be. If it does, I have to have a c-section due to my emergency delivery last time so I will have my tubes tied at the same time. Anyway, we won't be trying for a few months for a lot of reasons but I need to lose some weight definately.

Well after that heart felt post, back to the rest of you.

Daphne you don't need me to tell you that you having to keep company for jason's friends isn't right. What does the friend think of jason not going to be there? Doesn't sound fun for him to me. As for your regrets of not of being married, I think you love those kids and leaving jason for any reason would be desserting those kids as well. Something to think about and not stepping on any toes.

Gayle, daphne asked just what I was thinking. Christmas decorations?? I am listening to the christmas music station on Directv right now. DH is working over the weekend so I can have the tv. You see what I watch, or rather hear. :lol: How is mom doing? Has any kind of time been mentioned for her? Do you expect her to be with you through the holidays this year? What about your brother? Has he been around yet? Still praying for your strength in all you do.

Deb how is your van holding out? My sister has bought her another new car. I don't know for sure what it is because I've seen it at my moms and actually heard through the "grapevine" that it's hers. I think it's an Isuzu Rodeo cause that's what she wanted but don't know. It's burgundy like color and it's an SUV of some sort. I really don't want another SUV thing. I think we may have to go back to a van. We had an Aerostar years ago and a Lumina Mini-van as well. That was when they weren't popular though. I think I find myself jealous of my sister a lot. It just isn't fair how someone can get pregnant at 15 and be 28 and have a brand new home and cars whenever they want. The only thing I can say is she can't keep up with her one child. All the time leaving him with my mama. She would just die with any more kids she can't tend to herself. (now where did all of that come from).

Has anyone heard from Ann?

Well I better post this before I lose it. Hope you all have a great weekend. It's only 6 weeks from today until christmas. Maybe we dont need to hear that yet. :lol:

lakelog
11-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Man have I missed my friends. I didn't realize no one had posted. A few things have happened since I last posted. Someone came here sometime tuesday morning and got DH's blazer. No love lost there per say but it caused a huge mess on that evening and part of yesterday. Of course he blames me for not paying for it. I think we were screwed terribly on that deal. Yall know the story of how it runs sometime and sometimes it doesn't. Well it doesn't have air, heat defrost etc., none of the gauges work, you can't lock the door and if the electrical shortage is happening, the fuel pump won't work, thus it won't crank or drive. Well anyway, I had paid back in may $250 and wrote to them with that check that we needed the title to it since that was the last payment. They sent me a "fake receipt" if you ask me saying we still owed $760 on it. Well after paying that, they evidently wanted more because if that's who got it, they weren't satisfied. When he bought it in march of last year, he only got a bill of sale type paper that more or less gave him ownership of it but didn't say how much he was to pay on it. We were told 13 payments of $225. After adding all of our payments plus the $1700 down payment, it came to a total of over $5000 which was more than we paid for my car and it 5 years newer. We know we didn't settle on a car that expensive from a buy here pay here lot. At any rate, someone said a tow truck got it and it had all of DH's tools and crap in it. He used it for a storage building for the most part and when it cranked he could drive to work. Well it had "given out" on him monday so there you go. I am just wonderin by law, can they take everything that is in it and why didn't they call anyone to argue about the payments? Dh told me that he just wants his tools back because that's all he owns for himself and I agree. We don't even know where it is. I would actually like to file a missing vehicle report on it myself.

What's everyone else up to? I haven't done hardly any shopping for christmas yet and frankly I don't know how it will get done. I know it does every here but by a miracle.

dabrat
11-18-2004, 11:06 AM
{{{{{{Dana}}}}}} I am so sorry about the truck troubles again. I remember you telling us about the payments and how they were asking for more and more. I would fuile a police report on it. The when it shows up as repoed then i would file with whoever it is about how you paid it and it was stolen. I can not belive that they are so crooked that they did that to you and with his tools in it as well. I am truly sorry that you have more stress to deal with at this time of the year.
Deborah how is life treating you? How is the job going? have you heard anything about any new prospects for you? Jobs, men, etc.......
Gayle how is Mama doing? I miss your wittyness here each day. How is your back doing now? How is Ivan as well and is the house all decorated out?
Glen OMG my first night on water pills I did not slep. I have never had to pee so much in my life. I did have my blood pressure taken at Walmart and it was down to 132/80 so a lot better then the 199/90 the one day at the Drs. when i was stresed out after waiting 3 hours!
OK have to go yell at a few kids have a nice week ya'all!
Daphne

lakelog
11-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Nothing new going on here but wanted to post to deb to mail me her new address. I figured her apt. # had changed and I will mail my girls out christmas cards in a couple weeks or so. Hope everyone is doing well.

hefty1
11-20-2004, 07:57 PM
:wave: daphne: thats what happens when you take water pills. they will level off when you loose the water in your body. :) glen

hefty1
11-28-2004, 06:46 PM
they might as well close this thread because no one is posting.
:( glen

dabrat
12-01-2004, 11:00 AM
OK I am going to post in short notes. I have posted like 15 times and I keep getting booted. Jasons friend fixed the computer for us.:lol: I swear men need to stick to what they know which is NOTHING! No offence Glen.
Where has everyone gone off to? I know that I had the company from ****. They hated all my cooking, we pickier than a 2 year old being fed spinich and liver and onions.

dabrat
12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
OK trying today again. I lost my post againyesterday and didnt get back on the comp. Blood pressure was fine at last appointment. I am tired or going pee all the time. i go to Drs. on Monday for female stuff again. I will be thankful when this is over with.
Jason is in Seattle and kids in schol and i have ben drpressed. i love being alone but miss Jason now and Tony.
I hope all of you have a Joyful Holiday and stay on plan. I am hoping tog et my ares in gear and back on track. Maybe when the New Year starts we can do a monthly contest. Not just most weight loss but maybe exercising the most, drinking water the most etc. Think about it and let me know.
Daphne

hefty1
12-03-2004, 12:02 AM
:wave: daphne that sounds like good idea. even though we all have health and family problems, we must get are weight down so we don't create more problems.

dabrat
12-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Was going to post but was up until 2 30 cleaning house lastnight err this morning. Then I had a run all over town morning so I am very very tired at this point. Chat laters and have a great weekend all! Oh Glen do u have an e mail that some of the ladies can have? Rosey and Summer are e mailing us rather than post here for now.
Daphne

velvet
12-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi folks. This is the one I didn't want to post.

Mom died Friday night at 9 PM. She went fairly peacefully. She had to gasp for breath the last hour or so, but was on so much medication that I hope she didn't know it. She was able to respond to me and nod or shake her head in answer to my questions up until Wed of last week. She went so quickly that I could see marked deterioration every day. It was unbelievable. If it hadn't been for Hospice, I wouldn't have been able to take care of her at home. That is a fabulous organization.

God gave me the strength to do this all by myself. Last Monday was the first she was not able to stand and help me get her onto the potty chair. She had to go and couldn't and I had to lift her onto the chair about 5 times. Then the nurse came and catheterized her and that made her feel much better. Then the rest of the week, she declined so quickly I couldn't believe it! Wed, she was able to respond to my voice, but from late that day and the rest of the week, she only lay there. It was very sad.

But, she is now in a better (what an understatement!) place and she is singing, tasting, smelling, and dancing. Debby was here with me when she died and shortly after, she said, "I'll bet she's up there talking a blue streak!".

To everyone she met, she was either their best friend, or their "Mom". If you were blessed, like me, she was both!

I'm doing fine. I am hurting really badly since she passed, but I'm calling the Chiro today. Calling hours are tomorrow night and the funeral Wednesday at 11.

Thank you for your prayers...they got me through. God proved to me that He never gives you more than you can bear. Phillipians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through God who strengtheneth me." It is true, people!

Love, Gayle

dabrat
12-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Gayle may God Bless you. I can not tell you how sorry I am that I am not able to be there with you. I am so sorry you had to post that but I agree that Mom is in a better place. If you need to talk or yell at anyone just let me know I am here for you my dear sweet friend.
Gayle I really am at a lost for words. I hope now you will start taking care of you. You were such a great Daughter to Mom and such a wonderful friend to her as well. I am crying along with you Gayle my keyboard has tears for your loss all over it. Please remember all the good you had with Mom and don't ever look back and think you needed to do more. You have always been an inspiration to me. If there is anything and I mean anything you need me to do please let me know.
All my love, thoughts and prayers are with you my sweetheart,
Daphne

lakelog
12-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Gayle I am so sorry you had to go through that this time of year. Your mom is definately in a better place and I"m so happy you see it that way. I know it doesn't take away the pain. Daphne is right, you have been the daughter that I hope to have when my children grow up. You fulfilled all you were suppose to do for Mom and so much more. Your mom had a lot to be proud of and we know she was. I hope that it brings your family closer now. I'm so thankful Debby was there with you. It's a load that I know you didn't mind bearing but now it's a load that's lifted from you. I pray that God will continue to grant you comfort. He truly has strengthened you. We love you and are here for you.

hefty1
12-06-2004, 10:40 PM
gayle:sorry to hear about your mom. keep your chin up and remember the good times you had with her.

dabrat
12-09-2004, 03:33 PM
OK we need to post now. Where is everyone? I will be booted off in a second but wanted to say that I miss all of you.
Daphne

velvet
12-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks, Daph, Dana, and Glen. She was wonderful and I am missing her "somethin' fierce"! I hope to be back in the swing one of these days.

Love,

cherrycoke
12-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Gayle

My thoughts are with you, to lose someone you have known and loved all your life is devastating. It may not seem like it now but the hurt will fade and there are always the memories to look back on and smile over.

dabrat
12-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Mavis*********** We have all missed you! Please tell us what you have been doing and send me your e mail please???????
Daphne

lakelog
12-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Hi mavis what's up?? I didnt' know you were still posting on here. Are you hiding from us?? :lol:

Gayle I hope you are feeling a little better. Just keep reminding yourself that mom is happy now. It has to be so hard but we're here for you as always.

Daphne finished shopping yet? I still have a bit to go myself. Kids last day is tuesday. Then I won't have the time to do anything. What are your kids asking for? Mine didn't. Brett wanted to video games and only can find one right now. The other is out of stock.

Deb I hope life has treated you well this week. Post when you can. I always read the posts but these pop ups are killing me.

Thanks for the reply on my email deb. I completely understand where you're coming from and it gives me a new angle to view. I haven't heard anymore on my sister so I don't know what her feelings are but I will see her several times during christmas. My grandma has decided to do christmas dinner after all. She made the calls yesterday. I had adjusted to the idea of not going and having more time here with my own kids between opening gifts that morning and going to mom's that night. As for the baby thing, I haven't been on any pills in 2 weeks now and if it happens then we will be happy with it. I'm not avoiding it but something tells me it won't be easy this time. We're both in our 30's now and not 20 so who knows. I will keep you all updated.

Well before i lose this due to pop ups. I hope you all have a great week. Feel free to email if you'd like. :)

hefty1
12-15-2004, 09:13 PM
:wave:welcome back all. i've some shopping. i am going to my sisters xmas day.

velvet
12-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Happy holidays, everyone. I'm not doing much this week since I have to clean Mom's apartment out and have it cleaned by the 31st. I got the best news yesterday, though, when a friend told me that her husband is on vacation the week after Christmas and her two sons will be home from college and cooking school and they are going to come and do all the cleaning. God answered a prayer again...BEFORE I prayed for it!

I have trouble going through her things naturally, but I am getting help from some people who live here and from Deb and Kim. Also, Kevin's sil has just moved into an apartment from living with her mom and dad along with her 4 kids for 3 or 4 years and doesn't have anything, so she's going to come and take a lot of these things. I exchanged couches since Mom's was new in 2000 and is a sofa bed and my hand-me-down is becoming threadbare.

So, as you can see, things are coming along. I don't think I'll have any problem getting everything out of there through the next week, but you see that that doesn't leave me much time for holiday things. I did go to the play in our local theater last Sat with Deb and went to church last Sunday and today. On Christmas night I will go to my Aunt and Uncle's like Mom and I have been doing, but I don't know what will happen when I wake up on Christmas morning. This will be the first Christmas that I have not had someone to open presents with.

I sincerely hope that you will all have wonderful Christmases and very Happy New Years.

Love,

hefty1
12-19-2004, 07:54 PM
welcome back gayle. glad too hear you are doing well. happy holidays to all the barbie dolls in progress

hefty1
12-24-2004, 01:56 PM
where is everyone?

velvetblonde
12-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone:wave:
Gayle sent me an email which propted me to get on here. I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!

:spin: Glen...how was your sister's house? Did you eat to much?

:angel: Gayle...A wish of peace and happiness for you in the upcoming year!!!
You are an awesome lady and you are always welcome here!

:bb: Dana...So what have you and DH decided? Are you still going to have a 4th child? What ever happen about your truck...I read your past post and did you get it back or not? It sounds like a real "lemon". California has a "lemon law" which protects consumers against getting stuck with pieces of junk like you guys have been. Does your state have anything like that? Can you sue the car dealer? What are you going to do about a new vehicle? How was your X-mas...what did the kids get...did you go to your granny's house?

:cp: Mavis...Welcome back!!!! It has been a long time..How is life down under. Start posting...Keep in touch!!!

:D Daphne...How was your Christmas? How is everything? How is Megan...is she still gaining wieght? She might be going through a growth spert??? What did the kids get? How is your BP? Are you okay? How is DH?

:) Ann...Thank you so much for the lovely card. I hope this holiday season was a good one for you!

I am so sorry to be missing for so long. Things here have just been Crazy. November was a blur of birthdays and illness. I got a viral infection in my lungs and had to go on steriod inhaler and back on my alberterol the first week in Dec. My meds and dr.visit ran me $100 (that I couldn't afford) Then it was Hannukah on the 7th and we actually had a party at work (first one in 3 years I have worked there). I got the bill for the emergency root canal..it is $1300 and my insurance was maxed out so they want me to pay the whole thing...It was going to be tough to pay the $350 they quoted me...but this is impossible...I guess I will have to pay it with my income taxes. My other dentist also wants an additional $132 for the crown. I was really worried that we were going to have a bad x-mas this year... I had no extra money and usually the credit union lets me skip my van payment during the holiday and that is what I use to buy presents..however the Credit union stopped that practice. I am truly blessed to have BJ. Her and Lenny came through like champs. She won $200 at her company party and gave me half. Plus she went out and bought the kids TV's for their rooms along with all sorts of video games. We had a marvelous holiday. I bought her and Adrian...Entertainment coupon books and gave them both bags with their initals on them. I also made both of them origomi photo books. I gave Lenny and Jerome bags also, and gave Ray (my ex) a big "shrek" tin of 3 flavor popcorn and a movie I got free from Blockbuster. Thankfully I get all sorts of bags and free gifts from the supplies I order from work...so I used them for the family. It was a terrific holiday! Even better than when I have money. BJ got me both FlyLady's Book "sink reflections" and "Saving Dinner". I can't wait to make some of the recipes...they sound delish!! I am going to get back on the WEIGHTwagon and start counting calories and exercising tomorrow. I am also going to get back on the FLY WAGON and get this house back in shape. For the new year I am also giving up Coffee!!!...(my neighbor Kim just gave me a starbucks card...lol)

Well it is late and I have work tomorrow. I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy. I hope 2005 brings you all you want and more.

DRINK WATER!!:cheers:

hefty1
12-27-2004, 09:32 PM
hi deborah my sister's was ok. of corse i ate too much. :lol: xmas is for :ink:ing out.

dabrat
12-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi there everyone I hope that you all are having a great day. I am taking down my Christmas stuff and cleaning house today. Please post or e mail me and tell me how you all are doing! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Daphne

velvet
12-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Everything's going backwards for me these days, kids! I just finished answering your emails, Daph and Deborah!

Anyway, as I told them, I'm going to try to get back in the swing of things this month. I am not sure what's in my future yet, but that must be part of it.

I'm cleaning out my mailbox for the first time since Sept. At least that's a start. Next, I have to address my apartment. I have all the things of Mom's that I just couldn't give up...yet.

I will try to get back here more often now, too. Good luck to everyone and Happy new year to all.

Love,

hefty1
12-31-2004, 06:54 PM
hi all. happy new year. :dance:

:) glens

velvetblonde
01-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I am starting to slowly edge back onto the wagon. I did 15 minutes of biking yesterday and starting to count calories. I have even added an area on my calorie log to remind me to take vitamins and drink 12 glasses of water (That is going to be the killer for me)...lol.

Well, got to go get the kids up for church!!!

I hope you are all doing well.
Love ya,
Deborah :angel:

hefty1
01-02-2005, 01:08 PM
hi deborah glad you are doing better. how are rest of the dolls?

dabrat
01-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Ok Do I Need To Send The Phat Cops After All Of My Yaya Sisters? I Just Heard From Glen And Gayle About My E-mail.
I Am Excited The Kids And Hubby All Leave Tomorrow. I Am So Looking Forward To A Quiet House For A Few Hours. Ok I Have To Go To The Dr. In The Morning After I Get The Kids Off To School And I Also Have To Drive Megan In The Morning To School But Then I Can Go To Target Before My Dr. Appointment. Oh I Have To Shower In There Sometime As Well. I Need A Wife For Me Anyone Want To Come And Be My Wife?
Daphne

hefty1
01-03-2005, 11:29 PM
daphne: you could send the boys (:cb: ) after them. i guess they have ate too much turkey. :lol:
glen

dabrat
01-04-2005, 12:48 AM
:cofdate: :strong: :cb: :cbg: :mcd: :hun: :hungry: :workout: :kickcan: :goodluck: :eating2: :sball2: :sball: :snf: :sman: OK here I am being as cute as I can be now do I have to get the :judge: after all of your butts to come and tell us hi?
Daphne

hefty1
01-04-2005, 08:03 PM
hi daphne: i've emailed your card to a few people, but haven't heard back any of them. have taalked to rosey or summer? wake up everyone else. :) glen

dabrat
01-04-2005, 10:24 PM
OK I want to know where ya all are at? Here I am waiting to hear from someone and GLen is so compassionate as to not allow me to be bored. I will e amail you all tonight about my day. I will just say that I took a 3 hour nap!
Daphne

velvetblonde
01-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Hello Everyone!!

:dizzy: Daphne...I got your email..I have just been to busy to reply It is great that you have start your goals. Did you sign-up for Curves...you said the woman was new who helped you there? Are you also doing WW?
Where did you get the cute icon with the weight at the bottom of your post???

:) Hi Glen...Do you have any resolutions you want to share with us?

:angel: Gayle...Thank you for emailing me. I hope that you are doing better this week. I know you are probably busy doing the 27 fling boogie. Keep in touch!

:D Dana...How is everything with your kids, car and DH? What are your New Year resolutions? How is your ebay biz? What are your plans for 2005

As for me, I am back to logging my food down on Fitday. I am struggling with being tired and not exercising. Life at work is back to high-speed :crazy: I am also planning to look for a new J*O*B, since another one of my Co-workers quit (she was forced out). She bought a Bed and Breakfast down by Yosemite National park.

Well, I have to get off of here and get to work!!

hefty1
01-06-2005, 06:00 PM
hi barbie dolls
i plan to eat healthier, drink more water and :strong: more.
hello to summer and rosey if you are snopping. :) glen

velvetblonde
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Hello Every One!!

:strong: Hey Glen...Sounds like a plan. Do you lift weights or are you just exercising? Are you giving any foods up or are you just going to try to stay away from fats and sugars?

:wave: Hello Everyone!!!! Where are you all????

I am already falling off the plan...Today is the Thursday Group. They had their usual potluck...with a delish Lemon Cake :T. I have had a good size peice :yes: I really need to get back on track. On a better note when I got on the scale this morning I was down to 260.5 (still trying to get down to my pre-holiday weight of 253) I have 7 more pounds to go before I will feel like I am even able to start loosing.

Well, I have to go for the evening.
DRINK WATER

dabrat
01-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Deborah get that butt back on plan! I know you can do it along with me and Glen. We will be the 3 musckateers! Oh yea baby thats what I am talking about a candy bar!:lol::lol:
I did Curves again yesterday and want to go today. Alas it seems that I may not get to go. I have so much to do and so little time. I will at the least go tomorrow morning. I plan on going 5 days next week.
With Aunt Flo here I have had bad cravings. I am not making wise food choices but I am staying under 1800 calories at least. I am logging everything onto FItDay as painful as it is at times.
Glen how is it going for you so far? Have you started to exercise yet? What about that water and beer?
Deborah I hope that things are going great for you as well.
Dana post here woman and tell us how it is going.
Gayle I hope that you are taking time to recover and get back to living soon. I am worried about you and want to hear from you soon.
Donna how is life with you?
Rosey and what about you? What other threads are you posting on? I started to post on the Curves thread yesterday. It isn't very busy unfortunatlely.
Summer hey hot mamasita how are you doing?
I miss all of us posting here. I wish that my Yayas would return to me. I love ya all and hope to see more postings soon.
Daphne

velvetblonde
01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
:wave:Hello Everyone!!

:lol: Daphne...You are such a great lady!! I am proud of you for joining Curves. Exercise is the key to loosing all our excess weight. :cheer: I am glad you are able to post your food on Fitday. I am still sporactic at it. How is everything up where you are? How is the weather? It sounds like you are still having internet problems. Keep posting! We need to revitalize this thread...lol :cb: :hyper:

:grouphug: Glen, Gayle, Dana, Mavis, and Ann...Post soon!!!

Well, I am at work and although my desk is piled high with stuff for me to do I thought I would get me a diet hot chocolate (25 cal) :coffee: and take a few minutes to post. It is :rain: here in "Sunny" California, and we are suppose to be in for a storm all weekend, which is fine with me. BJ brought Darcie some "new" (previously owned) Matteress for her bed. BJ also took this opportunity to bring all of our "stuff" that she was storing in her garage for me. So now I have all these boxes and bags strewn all over my apartment since she brought them around 8pm last night. Then we had dinner (I made enchiladas and spanish rice ...homemade...not from a box). BJ and family left around 9:30pm and the kids and I went to bed. So this weekend is going to be decluttering weekend and we are going to be getting rid of most of the "stuff" that is not needed or "loved".

Weight wise, I have not been as dedicated as I want to be, but I lost another lb. this morning. I probably gained it back though, because I met a friend and had :jeno: for lunch. I am planning to have a nice low cal dinner. I have salmon, fresh veggies and salad for dinner. For the kids I will make some homemade (baked) french Fries for on the side or rice. Hopefully this will compensate for lunch...lol.

Well, I had better get back to work.

velvet
01-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm getting back into the swing of things, folks. I hope to post more often. I also hope to get back on the wagon! No telling when that might be! It seems that I've given myself permission to eat anything and everything I want since Mom died. I might be "stuffing" my grief...I don't know. I have to get on the ball, though!

Deborah, I'm praying that you get a new job soon. That place sounds like a real hotbed of stress! You don't need that, sister. Are you getting the clutter under control? I'm not...yet, that is. 15 minutes at a time....

Dana, what's going on? You used to be the one to keep us going! Did you finally get fed up with us? Hope not! I miss you.

Daph, you are such a hoot! How are things without the kids...all three[I] of them! Good job on the Curves thing. I can't afford it...or anything else right now! I'm hoping to end up with enough insurance money to pay off my bills. Then I'll be in good shape.

Glen, how goes it, bud? Have you begun the exercising? I am the anti-exerciser! *must get started...must get started. . . *

Oh!!, is this a weight-loss forum??? I seem to have forgotten that!!! My clothes are getting tight. I think I'd faint if I added up the number of calories I've been eating daily!

I must go and get some stuff done. Where to begin....

Love,

hefty1
01-08-2005, 07:21 PM
hi dolls still not :strong: and drinking enough water. i ewent shopping for healthy food today. :) glen

dabrat
01-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone I went to Curves today finally. I was miffed at missing Friday and Saturday at Curves.
My goal this week is to go to Curves each day this week. I know I will be sore later but hahaha:lol::lol::lol:that is why I have a hottub!
I weighed today and no difference. I know Curves wasn't enough to move the scale but I was averaging around 1400 calories! I really can't go much below that. I have had no soda but for one Diet Coke in a week. I admit to having a Carmel maccito today and another last week. They were aded into my fitday food log so grrrrr the scale better move this week.
Daphne

dabrat
01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
:bravo: I weighed at Curves today and I am down 5 pounds! That makes it 13 pounds I have lost since November. I have to lose 5 more pounds now this month to makemy goal. I also went to Curves today, yesterday and Monday. I will be going to Curves tomorrow and Saturday morning as well.
OK where is all of you? I miss all ya postings and stuff.
Daphne

hefty1
01-14-2005, 12:06 AM
wtg daphne. i've got to start to :strong: glen

velvetblonde
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Hello All :wave:
:cp: GREAT JOB DAPHNE!!!
I am really proud of you for staying OP. You are awesome!! KEEP IT UP!!!
:?: Glen...How are you doing?
;) Gayle...I am so glad that you are posting...I am very proud of you! I am having a hard time with everything...I am not "Flying" either. I know 15 minutes at a time. I just don't know what is wrong with me, I kind of have this angry, additude all the time at home right now...you know, what Flylady calls "Stink'n Think'n" I can't seem to get out of the rut. But I am really proud of you. YOU are a strong woman and I am glad to know you.

:grouphug: Dana, Ann, and Mavis...POST SOON WE MISS YOU!!

I am really dragging my "BIG" behind here and can't seem to get with the program. Not with the weight loss or the Flylady. I want to, "but" (I think that is the problem...my big BUTT...lol)
We went up to the snow this weekend. I sent the pics I took with my phone to you all, but I realize after I was looking at the pics that I didn't have one pic of me in all of them...lol We had a blast...we stayed in a Hostel...I thought we were going to have to stay on cots and sleep with sleeping bags...but it wasn't like that at all. It was nice and like a home...there was a kitchen, table to seat all 8 of us and a wood burning, fireplace in the center of the room. They had 11 feet of snow. The snow was stacked as high as a bus that was blocking us in at one point. The kids sledded until they were sopping wet. It was great. The only problem is that we ate nothing but JUNK all weekend...Chili cheese dogs, chips, sandwiches, and such. I gained 2lbs that I had lost. It is a really battle for me. Well, I have to get off of here and clean up my desk before my boss comes over for the big meeting tonight.

dabrat
01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Dang Deb I can't belive you would gain with all that exercise this last weekend. Don't youjust love the new weight loss signatures? We want to weight the same and you are so much taller than me. I just know that I will look fine at 135 and at 125 I look to thin. How is the job going and how is the cleaning going? I need to move my arse in that direction as well I keep putting it off with Jason gone. I want to call you tonight let me know if that works.
Glen, dude, Mr. Hottie, Mr. Studly........ GET THAT BUTT MOVING!:drill:I am so bossy today.
I did Curves today so I have gone 4 times this week now and I will go tomorrow for sure and hoping on Saturday. I have done 11 Curves workouts so far this month. My arms are getting smaller and I know this how??:shrug: I can place my whole arm into the blood pressure machine at Target and it is not snug! 3 weeks ago it was snug and not quite all the way in.:bravo: for me! Oh yeah I am drinking :coffee: so I am on a caffine rush!:lol:
Love ya all and post today!:rollpin:
Daphne

velvetblonde
01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
How is everyone!!

:cp: Daphne...I am so proud of you for doing Curves :bravo: That is great that now you can fit into the BP cuff. I don't even try. Two places, I carry weight is on my arms and calves. (I couldn't wear a pair of boots..if my life depended on it...LOL) I am so happy that you are able to work out and that you are sticking to it. Are you still logging in to Fitday? How is everyone at your house? The kids? DH? What exciting is going on?

:angel: Gayle...Miss ya...I hope you are well...POST SOON and let us know you are okay!
:D Dana...what is going on in your neck of the woods? Are you still selling on ebay?
:) Glen, Ann, Mavis...How are you all doing? POST SOON!!!

I have completely feel off the wagon (and it has left me by the roadside...lol) I really need to get some of this off. I went out and bought some meal bars and instant hot oatmeal to keep in my desk drawer so that I am not tempted to eat "junk" you know...all the goodies from potlucks and bagels (they are 300 calories w/out cream cheese and of course I have to have either cream cheese or butter :yes: )

Well ladies and Gentleman, It is tax time once again...and I am so excite about getting a refund. February, is the only time that I am truly happy because I have enough money that I don't have to worry about making ends meet :cloud9: Oh to be financially secure...LOL Speaking of financial security, I am trying to look for a new JOB. I have sent a couple of resume's out, but my job right now is so crazy that I hardly have time to breath, less alone check my personal email.

I have to tell you, last week I was on the verge of quitting...dealing with the Big :cheese: and Brian (the guy who took the marketing job I wanted). Brian kept sending me nasty, snide emails all week and cc: my boss Franceen. He wanted me to clean up a database and go through all the names....and he CC: the CEO on the request!! He was acting like I was stupid. I trained him on a database and he had the nerve to send me an email asking if I need help with entering names into the database he would "train" me. He is such a little sh!t. I mostly ignore his emails..and call and complain to my boss.

Well, I have to get off of here and head home. I hope you are all having a good week!!
POST SOON:write:

hefty1
01-25-2005, 12:36 PM
hi dolls i love the new names daphne. it's going to be while to look like a hotty. :lol:
tell brian where to go deb glen

lakelog
01-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi guys. Long time no hear huh?? :lol: I know for some of you, you had been getting emails from me every once in a while with updates but I thought I would take a few minutes to post on here as well. Nothing to say on the weight front except that I'm not really trying and not losing.

As far as I know, I am still not pregnant but we have been trying since early December. It's something we really want and it's as good of time as any. (always helps those tax refunds like deb is waiting for). Anyway, once I do get any where on that you all will be the first to know. I know we make have jumped the gun but Kevin has already named the new addition. Boy- Breckin Cole or Girl- Brandie Paige. (had to be a "B" name to even up with Brett. There's always the chance that God doesn't have a 4th child in mind for me and if so, I have to accept that.

I did our taxes last week and we're getting over $6000 back but have to pay $60 something for the prep fees with turbo tax. Still the biggest amount we've ever had. Kevin had changed it so that he didn't claim everyone on his paychecks but did on the return and you end up taxed more during year. Anyway, that will be here on Feb 4th and then we can get the ball rolling on our new home. Kevin has planned about $10,000 to $12,000 down on it. They run around $50,000 around here for 5 bedrooms and we're in a 14 x 65 and would like about a 28 x 65 or 70 which is medium for a doublewide but we're limited on space here in order to not have to tear down our fenced in front yard.

The kids are doing well. Brett goes to dr. next wed. for his 3 month check up. His sugar is still too high at lunch. The guidance counselor called about 10 this morning and he was at 283 which was too high for a re-do on a math test. (brett told me that was easy) OOPs, he failed it the first go round which could be chalked up to sugar the first time as well. They are considering having him repeat 6th grade. He had a 62 halfway through the year in math and now he will need about a 77 average second half to pass. He has a 76.9 right now not counting the test he just messed up.

I am still taking kevin to work everyday and soon hopefully, he will have something to drive as well. My car hit 80,000 miles this morning. i can't believe that already. It's 7 years old now though. We've discussed him driving the car to work and maybe getting a van or something for me. I used to have one and miss it because of all of the room but I am attached to my car which will be paid off in about 10 days.

We are expecting a snow/ice storm starting midnight tonight and going through early sunday. 2 to 4 inches of snow and then about an inch or so of ice on top of that. They think we may be more lucky and have more snow than the first predicted ice they thought.

i hope you all are doing well.

Just briefly, daph, proud of you and the exercise. That's awesome.
Deb, good for you on the resumes. I'll pray that it works out for you.
Gayle, hope you are doing better. Are you guys in snow?
glen, hope you are reaching your goals as well.

dabrat
01-28-2005, 01:11 PM
hey all sorry for not posting sooner. My computer blew up and I am waiting for a part. I hope it will be here today or tomorrow. I have had a off week and not doing well. I am posting at the library. I will post more when I get back online.
XOXOXOXOXO Daphne

hefty1
01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
welcome back dana and good luck with baby. glen

hefty1
02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
have gals died glen

lakelog
03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi guys. Is anyone still reading this? I would like to restart something so we can all correspond some anyway??

dabrat
03-21-2005, 08:33 PM
waahooo Dana yea strat us a new thread!!!
Daphne

lakelog
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Daphne- "looking for my ya ya sisters". Come on over and we can bounce it back and forth whether anyone else can or not. Miss hearing from you.