Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Angry E-diets

This seemed like a good place to post this. I just need to let off some steam. I signed up for e-diets this past weekend and was signing up for the $2.99 a week plan. Or so I thought. I just checked my bank statement and was charged $31.88 by them. I called to cancel my membership and asked why I was charged so much more, was told that I had signed up for 2 other features of theirs. Which I know I did not. I couldn't afford all that other stuff and it was no use to me. He just responded with I will cancel your membership, it will take place in Oct. I sent them an e-mail complaining also. I had read somewhere on here about them doing things like that. I should have taken the warning.
Anyway thanks for letting me let off some steam. It has stopped me from eating. Which is what I do when I get mad.
Chipper
Old 09-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Well, to my surprise I got an e-mail back saying they are refunding my money. All but the $2.99 a week. I am very happy about this. What do know there are still decent bussinesses out there.
Chipper
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 AM   #3  
resident lactivist

How odd. I've been with eDiets a couple of months now & haven't had any problems with them. I'm on the verge of cancelling my membership. Not because it's a bad service, far from it. It's just not for me. No matter which plan I tried, their first offering was almost always so unappetizing I would have to go into their database and try to find something that suited me more. Eventually it got to be such a hassle that it's not any better than making a menu from scratch, which is what I joined up to avoid. But for a woman who isn't such a picky eater as I am, I think it can be an excellent program.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #4  
it's always something

I signed up for e-diets earlier this summer, as part of a review on online services we are doing soon. I also didn't have any problems. All fees were stated, and the only way to miss them would be to click through each page without reading them.

The information about how much they charge is there, and it's not in small print. As I went through the signup process, it told me about various additional features they offered, and how much each cost. Many of the extra options are pre-checked, so you have to uncheck them as you go. I was disappointed that they charged extra to access features such as the recipes section. I think that should have been included in the basic fee. The fee was also stated clearly, it did not say anywhere that they would just charge 2.99 each week, it stated that they would charge the full amount in advance, and would renew it quarterly unless you cancelled.

I thought they offered a lot of helpful features and articles. I wish we could offer half as much, lol, but then we'd have to charge fees to afford it
Old 09-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with ediets. Maybe it's not the service for you?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:26 AM   #6  

I tried ediets a while back and did not like it either. My daughter used WW online and was really pleased with the interactive web site. She lost 18 lbs!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

At the end of the ediets sign-up, there are several services tacked on in the shopping cart. You have to uncheck them to take them out. I forget what they are - I think an exercise program and maybe a recipe program. They also charge a month at a time, so you have to pay the $2.99 x4. It's easy to flip right past that page in the checkout process.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #8  

eDiets changed their subscription model some time back, and while making it cheaper to just get the meal plans ($2.99 pw), I feel they did make it more confusing to sign up.

They are also an extremely commercial operation and offer a number of extra products with a standard signup - so you have to work your way through the sign up carefully. There are also numerous adverts and popups along the way. Apart from this I feel they do offer one of the most comprehensive weight loss services out there - but all the options and diets make it bewildering.

On the fitness side of things - I found the eFitness program to be elementary and a waste of money. There are many better choices out there if you're new to the whole fitness/strength training/exercise thing. eFitness was so basic I really struggle to see how much affect it would have. They do have another fitness program called "Bob Greene" -- this was waaaay better.

eDiets are good - just bear in mind they have one of the biggest advertising budgets in the industry!
Closed Thread