Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday Chat, Sept 27

Good Morning

How was your weekend ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie--hope your day goes well

The weekend went by WAYYY too fast. I'm tired of course--too many carbs. I'll admit it. Can't seem to stay OP during the weekend. ARGH! And all the walking I did Saturday probably WOULD have counteracted all the carbs I had eaten...if I had gotten back OP yesterday. I made chinese and OMG I SHOULD have went back OP. I made it WAYYYYY too hot. My guts were rolling after a couple bites. I had to not eat it and ate a peanut butter & butter piece of bread to try and soak up the hotness. OUCH! I also tossed down a couple pepto bismals. lol. But it's back to OP days now. And hopefully this weekend (cuz I don't think we're going anywhere). I still have to talk to the MIL and tell her that her OTHER son won't be in the family picture. Gotta do that before the 10th so she can get over being ticked and actually smile (and have a good time) for the picture taking. Oh!!! Also bought a couple knitting needles and a book that shows me how to do it. Not sure if I'm doing it right. And it's fun to learn but I think I much prefer Crocheting. lol. I want to make a shawl but don't have a pattern I like yet. I want simple and easy. Plus the girls want snoods after seeing the women wear them at the re-enactment. I THINK I have a pattern for that. I've got tons of patterns if I'd just pull them out and look at them. *sigh*. But who knows WHEN I'll get to it. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

URGHHH...there is a ad with a picture of Dr. Phil on this page and I HATE that guy he makes me sick!

Well with that outta the way....Good Morning Chickies!!!
I had an up and down weekend eating wise but I still made it to the gym early Sunday morning and yesterday I was OP just over on my carbs I am sure, but all legal foods so I figured for a weekend that was a step in the right direction! I wish DH would go LC cause it would be so easy to eat OP on the weekend if he was eating OP!!! He would have to give up Pepsi and that is NOT going to happen!! I only have to work today and tomorrow then it is Off to VEGAS baby!!! I am so excited!

Hi leenie!!

Hi B- I am curious what MIL will say!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Hi!

Brenda: I blew this weekend, too. Lots of exercise, but lots of carbs, too.

TG: Las Vegas here you come! Vegas is so awesome! I'm going in November -- can't wait. Hope you have a great time!

Well, I had a great weekend -- in terms of fun, not foodwise. On Friday, DH and I went out to eat and to a baseball game. Friday was actually OP until we hit Dairy Queen after the game.

On Saturday, I went with six other girls to Blizzard Beach, one of the Disney waterparks. It was so much fun! Hardly anyone else was there because there was a hurricane headed our way. There were no lines. It was cloudy most of the day, but that's perfect for me since I'm so pale. I got so much exercise in that day -- stairs, stairs, stairs! Food definitely wasn't OP this day. I had a turkey sandwich and chips for lunch. Then, when I got back DH wanted to go and eat Mexican food. So, needless to say, I ate lots of chips! Never go to a Mexican restaurant when you're ravenous -- dangerous! Then, of course, there was dessert...

Sunday was another hurricane day. It was windy and rainy, but thank goodness we have power! This was the strongest one that's gone through our area so far, so I was amazed that the power stayed on all day. There are trees and lots of shingles down. Sunday was OP until supper. Pizza ruined it. Argh!

I am just really disgusted at myself. Any effort I put forth during the week, gets ruined on the weekend. I've really got to turn that around. I got motivated (or so I thought) at the waterpark seeing girls with really nice bodies in bikinis, but then that night, I was eating everything in sight! I guess I just need a good kick. I've really got to get going on these last 30 pounds. I don't want them hanging around forever.

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Good Morning

Hi Everyone!

Im back again! And had a long hard weekend with all sorts of activites! I was actually ready for Monday!

Saturday both kids had soccer games, UGH! Both teams had real competition this week too. My son's team really took the loss hard. They usually dominate the field.

After soccer it was house cleaning time. I got rid of as much dog fur as I possibly could by vaccuming and mopping and dusting. But I still have a lot to do. We are going to pull up the carpets most likely in the next week or so. We just have to get the flooring first.

Sunday it was Church and then my Daughter and I headed over to the Swim Pavillion for the Girl Scout Early registration Swim Party. That was fun! I didnt get in the pool but She had an awesome time!

Leenie - How's things with you??

Brenda - I didnt know you crocheted?!?! OMG! I just learned to knit last week, continental Style. If the book shows you the throw methond and you struggle with it, try using continental. I am sure there is a place on the web to show you how.. I can try to describe it!

TG - Have a great time in Vegas!

Jina - You take care with that Hurricane season out there. My Hubby was supposed to be in Jacksonville the week of Ivan, but they changed his trip to Louisville, KY. He is scheduled to go out for training again in October. ACK! Will the season be over by then??

Well, I am going to run for now.. I will try to check in later. Gotta go to the dentist today!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning!

My weekend went from good to blech without much notice. Friday was my birthday and we had goth night at the bar with a group of friends. It was really fun!

Saturday, we went to a 9-year-old's birthday party but left a little early because I was feeling a bit run down and my throat was bothering me - a fact I attributed to black hairspray use the night before. After a little nap, we went to my parent's house for dinner and then back home where we pulled all the cushions off the couch and onto the floor for camp-out movie watching.

Well, I was feeling worse and worse and then my dumb-*** neighbors started having a party around midnight so by 2:00 I was thouroughly miserable. I went out and asked them to please keep it down or at least shut their door and that helped for about 15 minutes.

When I woke up Sunday morning, my throat hurt so bad I could hardly swallow, so we had to nix crabbing. Instead, I layed around, took lots of Ziacam, drank lots of water, ate chicken noodle soup with crackers (I really didn't care at this point) and slept.

I'm feeling better today, but my throat's still bothering me. What a way to start out after my birthday!

Enough whining from me! DH just left for the new job - yippee! I sure hope he likes it! I don't think it will be anywhere near as exciting as his last job, but money, benefits, and increased safety sound pretty damn good to me!

Have a great day everyone! I'm gonna make some tea and go back to sleep
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Hello everyone i hope you all have a great day.Star happy belated birthday.
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:37 PM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
I want to make a shawl but don't have a pattern I like yet. I want simple and easy.
Brenda - what kind of shawl exactly are you looking for? I have several patterns myself! I am attatching a thumbnail of my new book coming out too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIU.jpg (47.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-27-2004, 01:00 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all! happy monday....*OUCH*! that hurt!

Leenie: Hey-o! how was your weekend?

Brenda: I hope the MIL realizes who is behind this-and make sure you get her a big framed copy of the pic to hang in a prominent place

TG: you hate Dr. Phil....hows that workin for ya? I know what you mean about the DH- but I'd really hate to see what Dale would turn into without his cokes

Jina: Glad you had a good time out with the girls....the water parks out here are disgusting....the pee quotient is through the roof....the DH says the ones back east and south are much cleaner....I know what you mean about blowing it- I was telling him the other day that the bad thing about this WOE is one blow it and youre out for 3 days.....

Karen: Mine is cat fur....I swear I think it has a life of its own, like a tribble....

Star: yuck- I hope you feel better,that hair color spray sticks your nose together ( I know this from my hollywood days helping my drag queen friends get ready) so I can imagine what it does to you lungs!

Herb: have a good one!

Well, I went to the beach this weekend, and there were plenty of opportunities to go OP.....and boy I wanted to! But got my counter bracelet on friday and everytime I picked up a restaurant menu, that little charm would clink against it and remind me I still had to move it over-I hated that thing after awhile but....I stayed OP! and I still had ribs and chicken and a couple martinis.....got up sunday morning and did my ritual "suck it all in in front of the mirror and see if there is a change"...and there was!

you all have a great day!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Marie, you are a riot!!

Dr. Phil and I are on the rocks and it is working great for me!! ahahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Where is everyone?!?

I got my run in and I am feeling pretty good. I am surprised that my lungs held out for the entire run!

2 miles in 30 minutes!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #12  

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to check in and say hi. Have been sick

I think Star and I have the same inconsiderate neighbors! Mine desided to grill burgers up AGAINST the house in the carport I share with them. What idiots!

Have a good one ya'll....I'm going back to bed

Hugs
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Oh man. I'm almost too ashamed to poke my head in here!! Once again I wasn't OP. Dang Chinese!!! Ok, enough of that. Time to get back on track!

Sorry I can't do personals today/tonight. I'm just too dang tired (carb problem, eh?). So I'm going to apologise and let you all know I'll get my hiney in gear and do better tomorrow.

Karen: I love the shawl in the middle. I'm just looking for something simple and easy. The shawl I had in mind just throws around the shoulder when I need to go outside. Or when I'm sitting around and I'm cold. Nothing fancy schmancy. Simple yet stylish I found a pattern in one of my books. But OMG I'm not sure I'll manage the little diddles here and there. Why can't things be easy?

As for knitting? UGH!!! Not sure what style they're talking about in that book but it's confusing. I'm not a reader. I learn by SEEING and DOING. So unfortunately I'm going to have to find someone (my mom or MIL) to teach me.

oh...bought 3 sets of belly rings today. But I'm wearing them as earrings
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote