100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh in 9.27 to 10.03

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh in 9.27 to 10.03

tolose85
09-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Down 1 pound.

Good luck to you this week.

teapotdynamo
09-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Welllll, I had one of those frustrating weeks when I was on plan every day, really pushed it in the exercise arena, and lost a big 0. I have a sneaking suspicion that the scale's refusal to move is related to my having started taking the pill last week. Has anybody else had this happen?

Just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and hope my hard work catches up with me in the end!

Good luck to everybody, and congrats, Gretchen.

djs06
09-27-2004, 10:50 AM
wooo hooo gretchen!!!!

Jennifer, I think it depends what brand you are on. I think mine made me retain some water for a few weeks, but it went away. Some people have more of a reaction than others, so just keep an eye out, you can always switch. Don't be discouraged!

Luvbean
09-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Well my first week and I am down 3lbs. I think that it would have been more if I was not suck inside for 2 days because of the hurricane. In all I am pleased! Looking forward to this week...ohh and a weekend withour a huricane in sight! Thank God!

Sarina

nelie
09-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Jennifer, I don't remember the first weeks I started the pill but it could be your body adjusting to it. Of course I have to say I love (love love love) the pill because I believe it is what finally helped me lose weight, of course the concerted effort of exercise and a good diet doesn't hurt ;) I do remember losing a few lbs at first but then I said "hey I can eat more and not gain weight now" bad bad bad thing.

I lost 3 lbs this last week for a total loss of 47 lbs woo hoo and I'm racing to get out of the 300's.

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Congrat's loozahs and maintainahs!

Gretchen, choo choo and chug-a-chug-chug...you're still rolling on that track little buckaroo!

Jennifer -- you're still making enormous fitness gains, and it's natural that your body will need to adjust to the new medication -- and look on the bright side: no babies for now! :lol: (I'm guessing that's a good thing. ;) ) Just be patient, and like the wise Dana said -- don't let it get you down. Onward, soldier!

Sarina , WOW! I don't know you yet, but look forward to getting to know you! CONGRAT's on the loss!! You go girl! And welcome! :wave:

NELIE!! I'm so happy for you -- you deserve every ounce lost, girlfriend!! You're working your tail off and I'm just completely jazzed to hear that you're down another 3 -- you're going to be in 2ferlandia in no time at all and I am totally going to celebrate when you hit it!! Shoot, I'm celebrating now! :hyper:

Great job, everybody! :bravo:

teapotdynamo
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Just another quick aside about the pill -- Nelie, you actually *LOST* on it? I feel so bloated, and I have been feeling just awful on it (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) so far. I've been on the pill before (Ortho-Cept) and I NEVER had side effects like I'm having now (nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, massive headache, bloating). Maybe I should see if they'll switch me to something else. I called on Thursday and they said, "these are normal side effects for the first one to three months." Believe me, I'm not a wimp, but I feel really, really terrible.

SwimGirl
09-27-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm up 3 pounds, and it was ALL worth it :) I ate SO bad, and didn't exercise (unless you count shopping? ). ;)

nelie
09-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Jennifer, I'm on an Ortho tri-cyclen and I do remember the first couple months I did feel nauseous but after that I felt fine and haven't had a problem since.

Annie-Rose
09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm down 2 - thats a total of 16 and I'm at 206.

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Congrat's Annie-Rose!! SO close to Onederland! :cb:

StartingOver
09-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Well I am very pleased to report down 3 lbs week #2! YEA!

Angie :flow2:
HW 299.50
SW 287
CW 277.50
GW 160

So it's a total of 9.5 lbs gone in two weeks!!!

howie6267
09-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi all sorry I've been away so much. Rough work schedule bad eating and vacation. Blah. Anyway it's back on track this week. I pick up our home equity loan today and I will join the Y.M.C.A this week since the loan clears up enough bills to do so. We are getting excited about joining and really putting this plan into action. I know I've gained I don't know how much yet but it will come back off. I'ts good to be back and congrats to the losers.

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Congrat's Angie and WELCOME BACK HOWIE!!! :cp: :cp:

teapotdynamo
09-27-2004, 03:42 PM
What a great week everyone seemed to have!

Welcome back, Howie! I like it when you're around -- you provide some extra testosterone :).

Jen

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
No weigh in for me this week. Aunt Flo came to visit, and I don't want to torture myself further by weighing! Congrats to you all for loosing, maintaining, and for coming back!!

Good Luck to you all this week!! :D

djs06
09-27-2004, 04:14 PM
CONGRATS LOSERS! And swimgirl, LOL, you are so funny. we know you'll get back on track!

Jennifer, I'm on Alesse so I don't know much about O.T. I did have the same side effects though, and there was no way I would have stayed on it if they lasted for more than a week. I wouldn't think that it will last 3 months, or else no one would stay on it, right?

welcome back howie!!!

I'm down one so far, but my scale jumped between 222 and 224, so hopefully it will be more. my official weigh-in isn't for another few days.

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Welcome back, Howie! I like it when you're around -- you provide some extra testosterone :).

Jen
I agree! :cb: for Howie's testonsterone!

Sandi
09-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Congratulations to all the losers!!

This was my first week back on plan. I lost 4.3 lbs. :D

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 05:32 PM
YAY SANDI!!!!!! I'm so EXCITED for you!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: That's great news...and while the loss has got to feel just wonderful, the most important thing is that you're doing it!! Wow, it made my day seeing you here. :goodvibes

skylark826
09-27-2004, 05:52 PM
I just weighed myself and I'm a LOO-ZAH! Yes, from last week Monday to this week monday I've lost 6 pounds. I have been working my butt off this week. I did the Cardio Salsa and the Bike and I feel great. There is no turning back for me! :D

Fitbabe
09-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Yay!!!! Finally the cable modem was installed!!! Anyway I'm down 1.8 this week. Congrats to all the other losers and hang in there to everyone else.

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Yay Toodles and Lori!! Great work you guys! :bravo:

Br00klyn
09-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Congrats to all you Losers! :bravo:

And a special congrats to Sandi.. I knew you could do it! I'm sooooo proud of you! YAY SANDI! :cheer:

As for me, no weigh in again this week.. Its been a really bad month, then I'd just got back on track when an old friend came to visit for the weekend so he leaves tonight, and its my full intention to be 100% back on plan tomorrow, and October... oh, just watch out! I'm aiming for almost ALL 4 point days... and I'm gonna do it! So, I will weigh in next weekend! :D I'm scared though.... :eek:

howie6267
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Testonsterone Man at your service. It's nice to be missed. Things are still really busy at work so I won't be able to post from there like I have been. I did really well yesterday and can feel myself getting back in the grove. They took the scale out where I weigh so if it does not come back I will have to wait a month or too until I can weigh on the doctors scale. That might be a good thing anyway. I think it is probably just out for repairs. I can't imagine them not having a scale at the receiving doors.

bella23
09-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Well I'm going to join all the LOOSERS!!! I am down 2lbs this week. I am SO happy. So in two weeks I have lost 7.6lb. YIPPEE

Keep up the good work!

jkfla
09-29-2004, 08:29 AM
i'm down 1.8 lbs this week. so i'm still happy. LOL

congrats everyone!

Inca's Momma
09-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I hadn't weighed in a couple weeks because of vacation. Down 4 since the last one! :D

mezmerize
09-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Congrats everyone your DOING IT!!! :)
As for me I'm down 1 lbs.
Mez

SwimGirl
09-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Dana - I don't know that I'm ever on track.. hehe.. I go thru some funky spurts! I'm definitely not a steady loser, I'm actually only down a total of 6 pounds. But I got all my WW stuff yesterday ( I had been doing it for 2 weeks when the person I borrowed the books from asked for them all back), so I should be set to go... right? heh. Congrats everyone on your losses!

barbygirl43
09-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Just now had a chance to hop on here.
I finally broke through that plateau and am down 2 more pounds to 260.5. Yippee..

Jennifer...I would give it a little while because it is after all a new set of hormones going into your system and they sometimes take a bit to adjust to it. the first time I took the pills I turned red all over and itched like crazy. It went away within a week though.
I have the mirena IUD and I think that's one of the reasons I've been having such a tough time losing weight this time. I also had some of the same side effects you listed with it. The only plus is I don't have periods anymore but I do still experience the monthly PMS bloat and mood swings with it.

Annie-Rose
09-29-2004, 06:33 PM
EXCELLENT WORK DAWNYAL :bravo: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :bravo:

howie6267
09-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Congrats to all you losers. I just went back to the other set of scales we have here at work and weighed in. They said 369 so not as bad as I thought. I just had dinner which I don't usally do before weighing so I'm taking off 3 lbs for that. I had a 32oz glass of water and a foot long veggie sub. So that is at least 3 lbs. So I am 366. That is an 8 lb gain but not as bad as I thought and it will come off quick. I might even make that holloween goal of 350.

I asked where my normal scales went and they moved them way to the other side of the plant. So at least I won't be weighing daily now. So next week I will get back on my regular schedule of weighing in on Thursday.

tolose85
09-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Wow- The progress I see here is amazing. Everyone is doing so well. I know for me, I get worried with the fall/winter season upon us that my body will decide to start the Hibernation mode aka fat storing in preparation for the long winter months. I am bound and determined not to let any fat sneak back on! I am going to exercise and eat well.

Keep up the excellent work everybody! You are all doing a wonderful job! I am so proud of us!

Br00klyn
09-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Congrats to all you Losers!

Gretchen - Your new avatar looks incredible... Good for you! You look awesome! :D

lessofsarahtolove
09-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey everybody -- hugs all around! :grouphug:

After drastically reducing my exercise, my loss slowed WAYYYYY down. I'm still on doctor's orders not to do anything more than walk the dog, but I've started doing just a bit more than that. Anyway, I'm finally down another pound! On level, SAD -- but if I remove myself from the moment and look at the big picture, I'm happy and completely ok with it. I know I'll hit my stride once again, and I'm happy to at least still be moving in the right direction even with 4 kinds of medicine in my system and limited exercise. :^: This too shall pass. :)

And now I'm out of the 220's!

teapotdynamo
09-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Gretchen, I agree with Celina - your new avatar rocks! You're so stylin', too. I think I agree with you about the fall thing. I feel myself also resisting the tendency to hunker down and hibernate for the fall/winter, but we will prevail!

Sarah, hang in there, girl. You're doing great!!! Slow is not necessarily a bad thing; as Meg always says -- and it helps me every time I read it -- weight loss is not a race. We're just at the beginning of our new lives as healthy eaters and exercisers, so a couple of weeks does not a lifetime make (as much as it may feel like it!!!!) p.s. I hope to join you in the two-teens soon :).

Keep up the good work, everybody!

barbygirl43
09-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Sarah--I think you're still doing great and just think when you can add that exercise back, you'll probably have a 5 pound loss in that one week. It may be something to help you look forward to.

ditto on Gretchen's new avatar.

Howie--I wouldn't worry about those 8 pounds. I'm proud of you for coming back and working to get them off. You could've let those 8 pounds turn into 10, 20, on back to your old self.

howie6267
09-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Dawnyal, I am not giving up no matter how many set backs I have. I will prevail this time. I might gain here and there but the loss will be more than the gains.

Sarah you are doing great. You will make through this rough time just stick with it. You are such and inspiration to us all.

Gretchen dittos on the new picture you look like a movie star dahling.

lessofsarahtolove
09-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Howie, I'm so sorry, I don't think I actually typed what I was thinking about how much I respect you....you just keep on jumping back up on your feet and going back into the ring! You're a PRIZEFIGHTER!! I think you're wonderful, and I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that you're going to accomplish your goals. I really care about your success, and I am so glad that you're here -- not just for your well-being, but for my own as well. :goodvibes

And thanks, Howie, Jen, and Dawnyal, for the support on my little pound and current loss-slump! I love you guys, and really, really appreciate the support! :grouphug:

howie6267
09-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks Sarah that means a lot to me. I have meet so many good friends online. I just think technology is so great if you use it right. I've heard people say that you can't really form friendships online but I know how wrong they are.

mezmerize
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Dawnya it's great you broke through that plateau. Great job hanging in there.

jkfla - it's nice to see the scale move down. Yippee

Inca's Momma - Tumbs up on the 4 lbs loss!!!

howie - I'm sure you'll have that 8lbs off in no time and make your Halloowen goal. That Veggie sub sounds great! I'm thinking I'll have that for lunch. I also feel that everyone here truely cares and we have a great friendships online.
YEAH US!!!

tolose85 - I have a special name for my hibernation fat... I call it winter fluff. I'm trying to keep that at a min. to none at all this year and staying active and eating healthy is the only way to do it.

Sarah - Just think how much you'll be able to do once your healthy. I know you've been fighting that sickness for a long long time. I also feel once your able to start exercise you'll have a nice loss. I'm happy to see your in the teens! I'm so proud of you!!

Gretchen - Your avatar is wonderful and you look so happy! That smile is Contagious :) how does that saying go... smile and the world will smile back at you. Not sure if that is word for word but it's close.

Mez

JennasMom
10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I weighed in 2 lbs heavier. Not suprising since I have been off my plan for a while, courtesy of Hurricane Jeanne. September was a bad month for me. October will be better. I have already had 40oz of water this morning and did 25 minutes of Gilads Bodies In Motion.

I have been going between 212 and 215 for a month and I am sick of it. I am gonna lose these pounds and not gain them back again.

lessofsarahtolove
10-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Woo! Another one down.....actually the scale waffled between 217.8 and 218.4, so I'm going with 218, and a total of 66 down. I just love it when that number goes down. I really, really do. :yes:

Thank you, Mez, for your kind words.......I love that you're here! Keep up the good owrk!

djs06
10-01-2004, 11:23 AM
YAY DAWNYAL!!!

And sarah! Wow! Watch out fat! I almost feel sorry for it, it stands no chance :lol:

yay everyone

barbygirl43
10-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Lindy--Hang in there. My scale did that between 262 and 267 for almost 2 months. I hope your time at this plateau is short. Just keep up the good work and you'll be through it in no time.

Woohoo Sarah. Look at that scale go down even more.

lessofsarahtolove
10-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks you guys! Hey Dawnyal, I just noticed your sig pic -- YOU LOST!!! I'm sorry I must have missed that post -- I'm so happy for you, girl!! Buh bye, plateau! Yay! :cb: Congrat's.....

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I am SOOO PROUD of ALL OF YOU!!!!! You all cant even imagin how inspiring you are!!