Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #85

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #85

gma22
09-27-2004, 07:10 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
09-27-2004, 07:15 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is REMEMBERING! Think back to your highest weight, how it made you feel, what it did to your self esteem, how it physically debilitated you. Now ask yourself if that cupcake, binge, ice cream, soda pop are worth creeping back up to your wieght because it can happen and happen fast. Work hard to stay OP this week girls and get in those 4 pts!

I will be back in later girls. I have chores and walking to do. I had a terrible weekend of eating lots of junk and NO yep, NO exercise so I have to clean myself up and get back on track. Tomorrow I turn 51 and I want to be a whole lot better at 52 than I am at 51 so I am going to have to work hard to get there.

Faye :)

Satine
09-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Morning All ... boy did I miss a heck of a lot over the weekend!! :lol: We had our first showing Friday night on the house and then an Open House on Sunday, the realtor said it went pretty well but she thought she should have had more traffic, but what are ya gonna do...it has only been on the market two weeks tomorrow... :)

Sandy - I agree with everyone else...you need to tell your dh asap !!! No matter how you feel about him now you did love him at one point and he deserves to know what is going on...It will be the hardest thing to do but you will feel better in the long run...I hope things work out, good luck :grouphug:

Amanda - Do not get down on yourself about the weight gain, I think it must be water weight or something, I do not know if you can physically gain 5 pounds in just a week, if you did you are quite a girl !!! JK :lol: :lol: I also gained weight on my anti depressant when I took them a few years back, but at the time I didnt care...I would have rather gained weight than committed suicide...I know there are some that do not cause weight gain so you just need to check this out with your doctor... :goodvibes

Susan - Good to hear from you...

Kimmy - I almost had forgotten about you girl, come back and post more often!!! :wave:

Faye - I too am going to really focus on getting in some walks this week, especially since it has cooled off so nicely...it was about 55 degrees this morning, so it would be nice time for a walk ... but I will go right after work...I am too lazy to get up early and do before work :rolleyes: :lol:

I had an embarrassing little moment with dh last night...HE CALLED ME OUT ON MY BINGE !!! I suddenly was eating a buttload of oreos and then some fatty chips, and then like three large slices of colby jack cheese...while I was eating all of this he says "Feel like a binge tonight?" ... I felt so ashamed and embarrassed...the fact that he said something out loud, that someone else saw...really bothered me...lets hope that will stop me in future... :strong:

Julie, MSCat, Sandy, Lisa, and everyone have a good day!! Lets go for those 4 pointers!!! Fall is here....

Pre- Happy Birthday to Faye ( 28th ) and me ( 29th ) :hat: :hb:

Sandybrat
09-27-2004, 11:05 AM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!! Thank you all for just being here for me... I will talk to my hubby... when he gets home here. Havent heard from him since saturday afternoon... he was leaving Cincinnati after the football game yesterday so i have no idea where he is. Just hope hes alright... and if he is, he will get a good tounge lashing from me for not calling. And by the way.. i still love him... i jsut dont want to live like this any longer. Its not fair to him or me. There is no passion... none... it makes life harder and the communication gap seem stronger.
Sandy... i bet you had a blast didnt u... its so nice to be pampered and you are blessed to have such a good friend. Makes you feel good about everything doesnt it.
As for counseling... i put in a call on Friday and tehy are supposed to contact me today about setting up a time. I need to talk to someone, besides you ladies.
Well i have a busy day planned... going to paint my daughters daybed and get that ready to go into her room... since the kids are in school i have the time now and i havent painted much at all this summer... so i am hoping to get back into the swing of my painting... it makes me feel good.
Everyone have a fantastic day... take care of u
Love
Sandy

gma22
09-27-2004, 06:31 PM
We went out to dinner for my birthday tonight instead of tomorrow night so I could get back on track. We have a local Italian place here that is yummy called Bolla Pasta and of course, I pigged out. I did eat a salad but put bleu cheese on it! :^: At least it is now out of the way for another year!

Doesn't look like we had points for me to do today so I am going to say TTFN and see you in the morning!

gigglez
09-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Evening. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day so far. Corey and I have been busy moving these last few days. Moving is the one thing that I doing more than anything else, I rather go to the dentist. LOL Carri and Faye Happy Birthday to both of you. Hope this year is better than the last! Got in points for water only. I had too many carmel creams to say I was OP. Was very tired today and thought that the sugar would do me good. YEAH RIGHT! Feeling sorta weak today so I am going to go and get some sleep catch everyone tomorrow.

hugs

gma22
09-28-2004, 05:17 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is water. Let's make sure we get our fluids in everyday girls! It is important in more than one way!

SandyG :flow2:

Let's try and have good pt numbers today ladies and get back on track!

gigglez
09-28-2004, 06:54 AM
Morning ladies. Just checking in before work. Still feeling exhausted this morning. One of these days I will be back to my old slef but am wondering when that is going to happen to me. I hope that the birthday girls will have themeselves a good time. Here's to a sunny day for all.

hugs

Sandybrat
09-28-2004, 08:09 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! got all 4 yesterday... and i painted my dds daybed... it looks really nice... i sprayed it a brushed matte nickel and i really like it. so today i will have to put it together. I am going to do my yoga after the kidlets leave for school... or i may do it after i post here... most likely after they leave tho... have to get them up and going...lol I fugred out how to take pictures with my camcorder and how to put them on my puter... so now i will have to have someone take my pic so i can put it up here... So Faye i may ned your help in the sizing or resizing department... lol
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE AND CARRIE!!! I hope your day is filled with sunshine and laughter... and the year is all that u hope for.
Sandy... just be gentel and patient with yourself... and you will be back to yourself in no time... but u should pamper you some... u did have surgery ya know...lol take it easy... or as easy as u can for now.
To the rest of u lovelies... have a fabulous day... take care of u ...
Love,
Sandy

Mirabelly
09-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Busy day yesterday...went all over creation looking for a laptop computer for a decent price. Was hoping to find a used one, but apparently people don't upgrade laptops like they do desktops. So, I may have to buy a new one. Ebay has "reconditioned" ones for sale. But that means they didn't work to start with and someone fixed them....somehow I just don't trust that concept with total strangers that I can't go back and complain to.

Oh well, ended up eating out for lunch and dinner...but still stayed op. Yay. So, I got 3 points yesterday. Not enough water. Faye, you must've been reading my mind this morning :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE AND CARRIE!! Hope you gals have a fabulous day and a great year ahead of you. :hb:

Not much else happening here. The kids have school pictures AND cheerleading pictures this week! So I have to fork out over $100 to get just the bare bones packages for FIVE sessions!!!! Crazy.

Well, don't have time to sit and chat too much today. Better get going. I hope everyone has a great day today....

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
09-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Morning All ... Had a 4 pointer yesterday !!!!! I was very proud of myself and dh, we walking on the trail right after work, I used my pedometer and it said that we walked almost 2 miles...of course after all of that I slept like a baby last night :lol:

Faye - Glad to hear that you had a great time last night for your birthday ( a
day early ) ... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY !!!!!!!!!!! I too have picked an Italian place to go for my b-day tomorrow night...and calories and fat be damned! Hey like you said it comes once a year... :D

Julie, Sandy, Sandybrat - thanks for all of the b-day wishes...I am only 31 once so better enjoy it huh??? :)

Hope everyone has a great day...we have another showing tonight of the house from 6-7, I do not know why the need an hour, it is usally just a half and this is sort of inconvenient with the dog and all but I guess you do what you have to do to sell...talk to you all later!

gma22
09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB :bravo:
Carri :bravo:
Julie :cp:
Faye :dancer:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I got the most beautiful card from my younger sister yesterday. We are going out with dd and sil and stinker pot a week from Friday for dh and my birthday combined. She is taking me to get a manicure/pedicure tomorrow and taking me to lunch, which will be fun. Of course I got the new digital camera for both of our birthday's which is nice. Now it will take a year to learn how to use it! :lol:

The Wilkinson family has a curse on it, I swear. We have had, what 2 weeks with no problems and now I found the downstairs bathroom flooded this morning and can't find where it is coming from. I checked the tank, pipes and bottom of toilet, under the sink, it is not coming through the ceiling, can't find any water around the bottom of the fridge. I cleaned it all up and then there seemed to be more and I am wondering if there is a problem with the neighbors maybe. Who knows? That is all we need more problems! :lol:

Carri: Hope your house opening goes well. Someone just right will want your house!

I need to scoot and go check the bathroom floor again ladies. Oh the laundry the laundry from this! :lol:

Faye ;)

gigglez
09-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Morning dearies!

Faye, I am shocked that it is now 5:40 a.m. and you haven't posted anything yet! Must be swimming in your new pool. Honestly, I hope that there wasn't anything wrong at your place and that your lake was comming from the neighbors. Still though like you said the luck. I think that your day out today will be just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy it!

Carrie, I hope that you enjoy your bday dinner out. As for walking the 2 mi awesome. I often have wonder how many miles I walk in the course of a day, guess that one of these days I am going to have to break down and buy me one of those great toys to see. I know that there are days that I feel like I have walked at least 5 miles at work but I know it wont be that much, but then agian who knows.

Julie, have you thought about checking out Tiger Direct? There are sometimes pretty good deals there also I think that price watch has some deals there as well. I was shocked when I herd how good of a deal you were getting on the school pics. One little barebones packs here is almost 30 so I end up not getting Corey's I wait til pics are taken at the store where I work at. For 13 I get a really big package and the quality of the pics are better than the schools so why not.

Girls, I need lots of prayers. I found out last night that there is a position comming open with Keebler(2nd) for an area rep. My boss is transfering to another area. I talked with him last night and got the scoop he is suppose to get up with me today and tell me more. He has told me that he will help me anyway that he can with this job. While there will be many hours there willl be weekends off which will be better for Corey, plus there wont be so many late evening! The money is much better for part time work so I am thinking that fulltime will be better. Also I go back to my doctor today to get the staple removed and such. SO I need all the prayers that I can get.

Gotta go and get this hair fixed before I have to wake up this youngin. Hope that eveyrone has a super day

sandy

gma22
09-29-2004, 06:29 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

later girls!

CARRI: :wizard: :balloons: :encore: :hb: :gift: :cp: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mirabelly
09-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Morning Ladies!

Faye! What the :censored: did you do in your last life to deserve all this???? :lol: :lol: You must've been a hellraiser!

I had 2 points for op yesterday, no exercise and not enough water (I don't think...) I ended up going out again to look at laptops, and well....I'm just NOT a patient person. When I want something, I obsess the **** out of it until I'm just spinning my wheels and wasting time. So, I just went ahead and bought an expensive new machine that I hope will last me well into my 10th novel or so! I had the money set aside, and I know from experience that if my vehicle knows I have money....it makes sure to have something go wrong to take it. Or the kids, or the house....SOMETHING goes wrong and we have to siphon it off until there's nothing left. So I just bought it. And Hey, THANKS for all the great ideas for other alternatives...I appreciate it.

But now I can write anywhere and anytime...I'm thinking if I go to the library in the mornings to write, I won't have the fridge tempting me every five minutes! Wouldn't that be nice. AND I now have a dvd player that the kids can watch on long trips in the car! BONUS!!

Sandy, I've got my prayer hat on for you and that new job! You deserve a little good news right about now. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. Don't stress out over it. OH, and about the school pictures...I get the barebones package that is around $15 per kid. This may be the last year I do it, though, cuz I'm never that thrilled with the results. I take way better pictures. But I remember how exciting it was to have school pictures, and to have one of your whole class...I don't want my kids thinking they aren't worth the money. Which is how these studios make all their cash, I know, parent guilt. I can't believe they charge an extra $5 just to pull down a colored background!!! I have no idea what the cheerleading pics will be like. The cheapest set of those is $8. Just wish they weren't all in the same week.

Carrie--Enjoy your birthday today! :hb:

Amanda, Susan, MsCat, everyone else....where are you ladies? Hope you're having fun wherever you are.

Gotta fly now,
Julie

Satine
09-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Morning Ladies...Thanks for all of the birthday wishes...I guess turning 31 would be my Weds woe ... :lol: :lol: No, actually not...I guess my Weds woe would still be the stress of the house...last night after that hour long showing my dh went up to the bathroom and the shower nozzle was practically broken off!! It was like they didnt know how to turn it on so they just decided they would break it off if they had too...some of these people looking are sooooo inconsiderate...they move things and just leave it where they left it, I tell ya...we have some real winners on this planet :D

Well I will give myself two points yesterday...if you can believe it I did walk on the trail with dh, after dark and it was rainy...so got my exercise in BUT then I suggested we go eat pizza , I know weak moment...and today is the b-day pig out, so count me in for no points ( well except probably water ) for today... :lol: AND then today or tomorrow I get my TOM !!!! UGH, I might as well add on 5 pounds for Friday, huh??? hee hee

Faye - Hope you had a great birthday, and that you have fun being pampered today...so what ended up happening with the water??

Sandy - Will keep you in my prayers :)

Julie - I have always wanted a laptop, enjoy yours! Working at the library sounds fun.

Sandybrat, Amanda, Susan, MsCat and anyone I missed, have a good day!!
Come spill out your woes !!! ha, ha

gma22
09-29-2004, 09:28 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :dancer:
Carri :dancer:
SandyB :flow2:

Carri: Looky loos can be jerks, can't they? Who gives them the right to mess up the house of someone still living there? Hope you have great fun on your birthday today.

I could woe all over the place about the water, but it isn't your problem. We absolutely can't find the source and don't have the money for a plumber to come in and rip up walls and floors and the like. We just have to keep hunting and hope we find it. I put new towels down at 5 am this morning and as of now they are not wet at all, but I put some down last night and they were soaked this morning. We are really stymied by it though. We are going to start eliminating things this afternoon, ie the water to the fridge, under the bathroom sink, under the kitchen sink, by turning off the water to them one by one and leaving them for several hours off. It is a pain, but we have to find the source.

Julie: Glad you found yourself a laptop. They sure don't seem to be the bargain that pc's are, do they? I like to have one when we travel. I am seriously thinking of going to dsl with our phone company as AOL is driving us nuts again, kicking us off and what not.

Well, everyone have a great day! I did my walk so am off to the shower and getting ready to go with dd. Oh, guess what? She wants me to babysit T next week? How cool is that!

Sandybrat
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Hello Ladies... only points for water yesterday... i ate and ate and ate... just stuffed all emotions down with the food.. and i knew what i was doing but damned if i could stop it. today is a bit better... i am very aware of what i was doing yesterday so i am tryint NOT to do it again today. It would be nice if hubby would get his unemployment money... all i have in the house is carbs.,.. no meat in the freezer.. i hate it...lol and it doesnt help when my emotions get the better of me. I talked with hubby, altho it didnt seem to do anything... i am still confused and i dont think he took me seriously. i guess thats par for the course for me tho. i am doing laundry today.. yippy!! LOL But its a beautiful day out here.... sunny , bright and cheery.... altho it was 36 degrees this morning when i sent dd off to school... and ds insisted on wearing shorts... guess i need to reevaluate whats improtant and whats not... so the mornings can go smoothly...lol
I hope you all have a fantastic day ladies.... take care of u...
love you all
Sandy

gma22
09-29-2004, 03:37 PM
SandyB: Some men are no let me rephrase, ALL men are so clueless sometimes! Just keep communication open with him is all you can do. Hope today goes better for you. I know it is the pits when the food you need to eat is not in the house. Half the reason I am where I am is because I couldn't afford fruits and veggies but could afford those $ boxes of Hamb Helper to feed the family with cheap fatty burger, you know?

DD and I had a blast again today even though I put the poor woman doing my feet through her paces. Because I am flat footed and go barefoot a lot, I have a huge amount of dry and calloused skin on my heels and toes. She just kept scraping it off with that torture tool they use :lol: Actually, except when I had to hold my fat leg in the air so she could work on my heel, it wasn't uncomfortable at all. I kept freaking out in my brain I would get tired and drop my foot and flood her with the water in the spa! :lol: I have beautiful feet with bright pink toenails and fingernails now. I won't even need a light to go to the bathroom, my appendages will lead the way! :lol:

Jack will be home soon and I am trying to finish these children's books (Lemony Snicket anyone heard of them) that I promised my dd I would read. They ain't Harry Potter that is for sure and DEPRESSING! If you are one of my older ladies, did any of you read the Boxcar Children? Sort of like those where the kids are orphans and badly treated.

Have a great afternoon!

Amanda Panda
09-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi Ladies!

I'm just popping in to let you know that I'm away visiting my sister and the rest of my family for a week or so, so I won't be around. The good thing is she is very healthy so I won't be able to overeat!

I've been doing rubbish with my eating - feeling really down and just eating lots of takeaway - I'm hoping this week away will break the cycle. I've kept up with the swimming though - so thank heavens for small mercies!

Belated Birthday greetings to you FAYE and CARRI !!! :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb:

Good luck for the new job Sandy G.

Love Amanda xx

gigglez
09-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Real quick note here ladies. My woe is this moving thing. I called the phone company today and I was told it might be a week before my phone is hooked up. When I inquired about it over a week ago I was told it would only be a day, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you know these companies have their act together. Going to get going so that I can get some rest moved about 5 loads to the new place tonight and tomorrow RIchard and some of the guys that work with me are going to get the funture out so I may be finished by the weeked. Hugs to everyone!

gma22
09-30-2004, 06:41 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be sure and make time for yourself today!

SandyG: I feel for you kiddo. I moved every three years for 20 years and had to do that over and over and over and it seemed like nobody cared because they had a monopoly and no competition!

Talk to you later gals!

Mirabelly
09-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

3 points yesterday.....not enough water again. I actually drank alot of diet pepsi, so I'm pretty dehydrated today. I'm doing really well getting in control of my eating again, though...so I'm pretty happy about that.

SandyG--I know how exhausting moving can be. But it will soon be over and you'll be all snug in your new place. And think how many calories you'll be burning!

Amanda--Have a great time with your family! Maybe you can pick up some new recipes. And Way TO GO on your swimming....it's tough to keep exercising when you are feeling down, but it'll keep your metabolism burning nicely.

Well, gotta fly. Making a shopping list so I can get the groceries out of the way early. Also gonna check out the library today.

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
09-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Morning all, had a great, great birthday night out with dh last night...we ate at my favorite italian place and then did some shopping, my thing thing this Fall is cords, cords, cords...so I saw this pink pair at Old Navy that I thought I had to have ( I already have brown ones and dk. green are on the way ) and they were on sale too!!! I grabbed a 16 and thought "well these won't fit" but guess what??? They did !!!! And to think last year around this time I was wearing a 24 in some pants...crazy where I have been and where I am now...
:) :) :) So as you can imagine I cannot claim any points for yesterday...am going to walk tonight with dh if the cramps do not over take me, yes started TOM this morning...hey at least it stayed away for my b-day
:lol: :lol:

Faye - I am so glad you had such a great time, and it is so nice for you that you are getting to rebuild a good relationship with dd...

Julie - Have fun at the library...enjoy your day...wish I could be off to do the same...

Sandy - Everything will eventually work out with the moving thing...don't stress out... :)

Amanda - Have a great time with your family, great job on the swimming!!!

Check in later ladies

Sandybrat
09-30-2004, 09:34 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... Well.. yesterday i got points for op and h2o... no exersice... but... the scab on my foot had finally come off so i cna now wear tennis shoes without any pain... so i can walk now... yeah My plan for the day is to do my yoga this morning and set up my dd's bedroom this afternoon. Painted her day bed and the finials.. got the finials screwed on yesterday... it looks really nice... if i do say so myself...lol so shes going to help me today.... have to take down the other bed and clean her room to make room for the new daybed... but... it will give her more room in her small room and she can have the extra twin mattress under her bed for sleepovers...
But heavens she is sucha pack rat... lol hopefully i can convince her to get rid of some of the stuff...lol so exersice wont be an issue today... yeah!!
Faye... thanks for that bit of advice... i do try... everyday... but it get frustrating being the only one trying and doing...lol
Julie... have a great time today... i am going to finish my book this morning... thankfully i have gotten back into my reading... i just love loosing myself in a great book.
Amanda...Have a nice visit with your family... enjoy yourself and them.. and WTG on swimming... and it is hard to keep up the exercise when u r down so give your self a great big hug from me... thats just awesome.
Carrie... glad u had a such a nice birthday and congrats on the cords...lol
Sandy... moving is a pain and we all know it but have to go thru it...lol other than that.. just take i t easy and all will turn out well... you have such good karma around you hon... all will be fine
If i missed anybody i apologize... everyone have a wonderful day... i am off to do my yoga and read... have a fabulous day all... love to all
Sandy

gma22
09-30-2004, 02:33 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB :cp:

Carri: That is terrific about your pants! Glad you had a fun bd!

I am drug out tired today. I unloaded the whole pantry and moved that puppy by myself because of water underneath it. Looks like it IS the toilet as of right now. We may only have to replace the wax ring or the whole toilet. These condos are 30 years old and a lot of the stuff is original fixtures. Jack just asked if I, as he put it, "If you can find time today, would you unload the pantry? I'll unload the top and move it when I get home." Like I have anything but time so I just moved the baker's rack to another wall and prodded the pantry to where the baker's rack was. He will be upset with me, but all it did was make my front leg muscles sore and (don't spill the beans) but I wrenched my bad knee twice trying to use if for leaverage.

Hope you all have a great day and did something extra special for yourself today!

Faye ;)

gma22
10-01-2004, 04:35 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. What are your losses this week?

Check in later girls

Satine
10-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Morning All ...

I had another 4 pointer yesterday, walked about a mile and a half with dh before dinner at Subway ... I didnt weigh myself this morning and today is my first full day of TOM and cramps and bloating...thought it was best to stay off of scales since I was already depressed :lol:

I forgot to tell you girls that I start that new job that I wanted on Monday !!!
I am so excited, well and nervous...I have been doing my current job for over 5 years, so that is what I have been comfortable with, but I really wanted this job, am thankful that I got it, and looking forward to working with new people and learning something new...less stress I think...

I will check in later to check out all the other NON-TOM losses :lol:

Sandybrat
10-01-2004, 09:58 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! No pounds down... in fact up another... but... grocery shopping is this weekend so i can get my house stocked with what i need for my south beach and stay off the carbs... unless they r the good kind...lol! Went to my kids conference yesterday... i cannot tell u how good it is to hear your childs teacher tell u that you have done an awesome job in raising him.. i was all aglow. And my dd.. shes getting straight a's... something i never did thats for sure... i told her this morning again how prouod i am of her. As for youngest ds... the only hurdle is the potty accidents... and all we can do is be patient with him and hope he figures it out soon... But i feel FANTASTIC today... still no communication on hubby's end... unless we are talking about the kids school... and it seems he would rather sleep on the couch than in our bed... but i guess i am used to that. I hope you all have a great day... i am off to reward my daughter.... remember i painted her new daybed... i am going to put it up and try to get her canopy up as well... she so deserves it. WEll i am off for now.. will check bacl later... love to u all and take care of u
Sandy

Mirabelly
10-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

2 points for yesterday. I felt like crap, TOM came in the morning and then I felt nauseated all day. So I didn't eat much. I probably got in enough water with all the herb tea I drank...but not sure, so not counting it.

Don't know what possessed me to get on the scale all bloated like this, but I have lost 3 pounds! Even with TOM....woo hooo! So, that's 3 rebound pounds and I'm still right at 204. But at least I'm going in the right direction.

I've already walked 2 miles today. It was so beautiful out, just had to get in the sunshine. Since I got the laptop, it's alot easier for me to do my writing while the kids are home...I can just sequester myself in my bedroom. So it's not so imperrative that I write first thing in the morning. I hope I'll be able to keep up the walking or some sort of exercise during that time. My body is telling me in no uncertain terms that it is tired of not getting adequate exercise. Anyway, today should be a 4 pointer.

Faye, sorry to hear you're still underwater. Hope things dry out today!

Carrie, good luck with the new job! I know you must be excited.

SandyB, it's so nice that you take the time to reward and praise your daughter for doing well in school. I'm sure it takes your mind off your problems with dh. Don't worry about being up a pound, you have the right attitude to get it right back off again.

SandyG--hope your phone problems are over.

Well, gotta get going...must pay the bills before I go pick up Ben.

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Julie :dancer:

Carri: Hope you love the new position.

SandyB That is terrific about the kids!

Julie: Bet it ie beautiful there this time of year!

So sorry some of you are TOM. Me too, except right now just cramping, breasts from **** and then top it off with menopausal symtoms from ****! You know, I was only 10 when I started TOM and feel I deserve a respite!

I have done terrible for 2 weeks now. I keep up the water and exercise but not program. I am going to have to make myself journal foods again and keep track. I have gained numerous lbs from all this and feel crummy.

Everyone have a terrific day!

Mirabelly
10-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey, Faye...
I was just fooling around with my laptop and came across a program called Microsoft Task Launcher. I also have it on my regular computer, but I never bothered looking at it. It has a spreadsheet already made up for food journaling/Water tracking/AND a separate one for fitness! I was stunned. You can just type things in, or print it out blank and put it on your fridge, whatever.

I think this is a standard MS program, so I'll be many of us have it and don't even know. Since you said you wanted to start journaling again, just thought I'd mention my discovery.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Satine
10-01-2004, 02:17 PM
What is with this all of us getting on the same cycle thing? Odd, huh? and funny ... :lol:

If I do not check in again, make sure you all have a great weekend...it is going to be a cold one here, Saturday's high is going to be around 62 degrees or so, brrrrrrr... but I am not complaining, I like the cold...

Talk later!

gma22
10-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Julie: I did a search for this program (mine was under microsoft works task launcher) This is absolutely the coolest thing I have seen and it is totally free and probably everyone has one.

Girls, if you journal, do menus, want to keep track of exercise or strength training you HAVE to check this out!

Oh and I have decided to use Dr Phil's program and see if I can stick to it and stay consistent. I bought his one book because it had a great food/calorie and fat listing but read some of it today and find that I am going to try it and see what happens.

My sweet baby boy called today and said, "Nonny I would like you to go to lunch with me. Will you go with me to lunch?" Now you know I said NO! :lol: We had a lot of fun. I can't wait until I sit for him on Tues.

When we were in Vegas, Jack bought this M and M dispenser at the M and M store there. It is the plain and peanut m and m sitting on a couch like Siskel and Ebert voting for movies, and when you push plain's thumb down, m and m's come out into a popcorn container. We don't keep candy in it because he hasn't been to our house in months and we know we would eat the stuff. Well, he came back to my house to play after lunch and was so sad there was no candy so I promised him we would walk to the store on Tues (we have a 7-11 type store half a block away) and I would get m and m's to put in the machine. That boy is only a LITTLE spoiled. He was jumping on his mom and got into trouble so he came over and hopped on me. His mom said, "Thomas, I mean anybody not just me. Don't jump on them." He looked at her and said, "But mommy, Nonny doesn't mind if I jump on her, she likes it!" That child is barely 4 and told me today they had to take their dog to the veteranarian. How many kids that age know what a veteranarian is let alone how to say it? He is one sharp kid and keeps me on my toes!

Have a great weekend all!

Faye ;)

mscat816
10-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Feeling great this evening about everything except being on point - I have only worked out once this week, and I have not been on plan all week! :fr: But work is great, my Landmark class is awesome (my community project was approved upon presentation!), my dh will be home in two weeks, construction started on our bedroom extension, and our sunroom is done!

Feel free to check out the pics at http://www.msnusers.com/MsCatsDen!

Back to why we are here - Up to 231.5lbs. Auwwwwgh! I take full responsibility. I didn't really get tired of Atkins - I love the food choices, amounts, and frequency. I just gave into a 3 day binge! Also missed my BP med which always ends up in water retention. So much for my 227lb plateau. :mad:

Redirecting my energies starting this evening - my goal is to break 220 by the time my husband comes home from Germany.

Hope you all are doing great. :wave: mscat816 239/231.5/140

gma22
10-02-2004, 05:43 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share?

Be back later girls.

gma22
10-03-2004, 06:35 AM
NO SILLY POLL THIS WEEK!

I probably won't be back today. I have some kind of intestinal upset and I am pretty icky! Everyone have a great Sunday and I will talk to you tomorrow!

Sandybrat
10-03-2004, 11:30 AM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS! i finished my daughters room but for the canopy... and shes ragging on me to do that...lol why is it never enuf with these kids... The room does look nice tho... i am doing laundry again today... the neverending task... but its a nice sunny day out there... and its not as cold as yesterday. Hope everyone has a fantastic day... i will check back later lovelies...
love
Sandy

gigglez
10-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Evening chickies!

I'mmmmm back! I am all moved in and everything is in place expect for 1 box that has otc meds in it. I fell like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was so sad Thurs night. Richard and I got the last of the stuff out and I was heartbroken. Spent so many years there and such wonderful memories. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back going to run have some things that I need to do. NO points for OP but points for water and exercise. This is since Thurs. Hopefully things will get to where they need to be tomorrow,

hugs
sandy

Mirabelly
10-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Morning ladies,
Slow weekend on here huh? Guess everyone was out having a great weekend. I was sick all day yesterday, but feel better now.

I actually didn't go overboard this weekend (for once!)

Not much going on here. Have to get a costume done for this weekend, I'm going to a dance workshop in Canada. So, I'd better get off here and get busy.

Here's to a great week!
BBL,
Julie

gma22
10-04-2004, 08:43 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is breaking bad habits! Now admit it, you have some! Maybe a lot maybe a few, but we all have things we need to work on and not all are food related. Take ONE bad habit and commit to eradicating it starting this week!

Morning girls!

SandyG: Glad you are all moved in comfy cozy. Hope you enjoy your new place!

Julie: Missed seeing you this weekend!

SandyB Are you a diy show watcher/ reality rebuild watcher? I watch extreme home make over every weekend and I swear each weekend they have someone I boohoo over more than the one the previous week!

Well, I am starting on Dr Phil's program this morning. These first 2 weeks are going to be tough but I know I can do it. I have to totally erase Friday though, I have a date with a cute little redhead at Chucky Cheese on Friday at lunch and with his parents for Jack and I's bd Friday evening so I decided to just chuck that day and add one at the end of the 14 start plan. I know it is not the best solution, but it is better than screwing myself all up again. I bought whole grain bread, which I am not found of only because I can't ever seem to find where it isn't awfully stale tasting and dry. I know it will never be really soft like white and that is ok, but all I seem to be able to find is the sandpaper variety. I also bought brown rice, which I have never cooked with. Anything I should know different girls?

Gotta get out and get the ole walk in then it is clean the downstairs today. Thank goodness she finally got her washer fixed and my floor is no long full of water all the time.

Sandybrat
10-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Morning Beautifuls... Faye... the only thing different is the brown rice has to cook longer... and a trick i do is add a boulion cube or some soup base to the water and rice when u begin to cook it... then u have a good flavor thruout it form the start. I cant start officially this i get to the gocery store.. which wont be til tomorrow so for today i will just be as careful as i can. i am restarting my south beach and like u faye... i know it will be hard.. but i am going to do it. I need to jump start myself... ANd yes.. i love all those shows... diy... tlc... hgtv... anything that shows how to redo or improve your home...lol Faye.. if i send u a pic of myself.. would you resixe it for me so i could use it as my avatar?? i finally had my friend take on of me...lol that i was willing to put on the puter...lmao... i would greatly appreciate it. Well i suppose i should get something done... everyone have a wonderful day.... love to u all....
Sandy

gma22
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
SandyB Sure e-mail me the pic and I will size it for you to use as your avatar.

I am going to starve to death on this rapid weight start thing. I know the purpose, but I can see where people would give up. For example, here is my meal today:

1 scrambled egg with one slice of lowfat cheese, 1 piece whole grain bread and 10 grapes

lunch: 1 cup veggie soup, serving of fruit and serving of ff cottage cheese

dinner pork chop grilled, salad with tomato and dressing

As long as I keep myself busy, even if I am hungry I don't eat. I did my walk, cleaned my downstairs, ate brk and now am going to shower and go to the library for awhile. I read 10 books last week and I have none left! :lol:

mscat816
10-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Just checking in - had quite a weekend. Roof leaked and soaked my carpet in the hallway and ruined about 4' by 5' ceiling - a big miscommunication between sunroom folks and roofing contractors. I am beginning to really dislike contractors :( . Still haven't ironed it out today and I lost a half day of work waiting around for a resolution. The one contractor outright denies that I bugged him about finishing his part of the roof as the sunroom was being completed.

It's not a big deal - with all the horror stories I have heard about contractors - It was unlikely that everything would go without a hitch and it still is not as bad as other stories. To put things in perspective - my daughter's roommate is losing spinal fluid due to a fall on ice that broke his back. He has no insurance and his lawyer dropped him after he turned down a settlement offer that was not enough to cover the incurred and future medical expenses. My problems dont mean anything.

I have been on plan all day and had a great workout w/bellydancing class. Almost done with water too! Weight down to 226 again :cheer:

Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do - Happy belated to you Faye and hang in there through that rapid start stage!

Sandy G - congrats on your move and remember the new memories you will create will be just as precious as the ones you from your old home.

I have school presentations all day tomorrow, must submit a procedure proprosal on the new filing system to my assist. dir, and I have to get ready for Toastmaster's meeting. So it may be the end of the week before I check in again.

Have a great week. :wave: mscat 239/226/140

gma22
10-05-2004, 05:46 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target today is rewards. It is important to provide yourself rewards for accomplishing goals. Don't just say, when I lose 20 lbs I will buy myself something. Pick out something important NOW and strive to earn it! It really helps to keep you on track and focused.

I survived day one of Dr Phil's new reality show, Rapid Start Survivors! :lol: :lol:

I will check in later, but I have T all day so it might be late.

Mirabelly
10-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

:coffee: that's better. Let's see.....3 points yesterday, no water that I can remember. I'm so busy right now getting ready for this dance workshop that I keep forgetting things. Have to remember exercise today, cuz I don't have a dance class tonight.

Faye, have a great day with T...I know you've waited a long time for this. And don't worry, you will get used to less food...your stomach will shrink. Just takes a little while.

MScat--sounds like your life is nice and full right now. I'm going to see Morocco and Tarik in Canada. 2 days of non-stop dancing! If you ever get the chance to take a workshop from them, do it! She's well into her 60s and will work your butt into the ground!! :lol: I wish I had her energy. Sorry about your contractor nightmare....here in Maine they don't even have to have a license. Any bozo with a hammer can overcharge you to screw up your house! :devil:

Sure is quiet in here lately. I guess Carrie is getting used to her new job.

Well, be good everyone..........another Friday weigh-in is just around the corner.

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
10-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Faye :bravo:

Everyone have a good evening. I need to check on the grandson!

Satine
10-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone!! Sorry I have been MIA but I may need to be for a while due to the job thing ( you were right Julie! ) , they have me training and doing all sorts of things so I do not get much time on the internet...should be able to get back to schedule in the next two weeks or so...but for now I will just check in when I can...I got 4 points yesterday... sort of blew it all weekend so I need to get quite a few 4 pointers this week :lol: :lol:

Faye - Congrats on getting through the day on your new program, I hear alot of people do well with Dr Phil, that does not sound like much food though...good luck on it, cannot wait to see your first weeks loss :)

Gigglez - Glad you are all moved in and done...cant wait until I can say the same for me! :lol:

MScat - Sorry to hear about your leaking roof, hope it gets better...

Sandy brat - Good luck with the South Beach ...

Julie - Dancing in Canada? Sounds fun :) Have fun with the costume.

Well we may have an offer on the house, we have some people who have looked at it twice and seem pretty interested ( per our realtor ) so wish us luck!! Check in later...miss you all !!

gigglez
10-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Evening chicks.

Been sorta busy lately. Thanks for all the well wishes with this new place. Sounds as if everyone is doing good. Mscat sorry to hear bout your dealing with the contractors. Good thoughts going out to you. I am going to start Wed woe early if nobody doesnt mind. My car died. THis is after last month spending a grand on getting head gaskets on, then having to move(mo money), and then surgery(mo mo money), and now this with the car. It seems that as soon as you get some money someting is in line for it. So anyone got a car to give away. Going to go so I wont get depressed and eat. Catch everyone later

gma22
10-06-2004, 04:26 AM
WEDNESDAY: today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

SandyG: Oh I am so sorry honey! The old wive's tale is bad things come in threes so you should be done and better things should be coming your way! I will say a prayer about your money situation/car.

Back later girls!

Mirabelly
10-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Morning Ladies!

4 points for me yesterday! Woo hoo........
Still working hard on my costume and the book, wrote over 2,000 words yesterday (a new 1 day record.)

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your car. Faye's right though, things can only look up :dizzy:

Carrie, glad you're enjoying your new job. Being busy beats being bored! Can I alliterate, or what!

Faye, hope you had a great day with T.

No woes to speak of today...had our first decent frost of the year this morning. It's about 35 degrees right now...the sun is out, air is crisp...must be time to haul firewood! Mmmmmm, wood smoke....

Ok, gotta git now. Everyone have a great day!
Julie

gma22
10-06-2004, 02:01 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie:bravo:
Faye :bravo:

I had a blast with T yesterday. We played video games and he beat my behind in soccer and every other game I played with him. He was so hilarious, he would get so excited every time he would make a goal and say something like, "Guess you're not very good at this game either, Nonny!" The game has a half time where these little cheerleaders come out and bounce around and he would start jumping around going, "Go Thomas, Beat Nonny, Go Thomas, Beat Nonny!" then giggle to high heavens. (He beat his granddad pretty bad too!) We played dominoes, which he is pretty good at though he wanted to play what he called a cheater's game so we did that one time. We did playdough and put his train together and played with it. BUT, it was all on the floor and killed my bad knee so I am gimping around this morning.

The City does something cool one a year for the employees. We have an amusement park here called Libertyland. It is where we have our fair every year. The city pays for employees and family for the whole day. They close the park and it is just the employees and family. They give us 5 tickets per employee and we can use them or give them away. They also give us food coupons. Jack never wanted to go, but we are taking T, dd, and sil this year and going. I am looking forward to it. It is the day before Halloween. T has already told us he would tell us which are the best rides and what is the best food! (he was at the fair just last week and got to ride his first adult ride this year)

I went to the commissary this morning and you KNOW how I love that. My legs and knees are killing me. Between all the shopping and the walk this morning I surely got my exercise in.

I need to go and relax for an hour before I go and get Jack. Day three of the torture and still doing fine! :lol:

Faye ;)

gma22
10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #86